Ore no Imouto ga Konnani Kawaii Wake ga Nai – 07 »« Ore no Imouto ga Konnani Kawaii Wake ga Nai – 05

Ore no Imouto ga Konnani Kawaii Wake ga Nai – 06

OP4 Sequence

OP4: 「irony」 by ClariS
[Download]

Ore no Imouto ga Konnani Kawaii Wake ga Nai   OP4   01 Ore no Imouto ga Konnani Kawaii Wake ga Nai   OP4   02
Ore no Imouto ga Konnani Kawaii Wake ga Nai   OP4   03 Ore no Imouto ga Konnani Kawaii Wake ga Nai   OP4   04

Forget the middle school and otaku girls, it’s the Tamura family taking the opening sequence by storm this week, Nico Nico Douga style.

Ore no Imouto ga Konnani Kawaii Wake ga Nai   06   01 Ore no Imouto ga Konnani Kawaii Wake ga Nai   06   02

Akagi, you’ll be forever remembered as the first male friend I’ve seen Kyousuke interact with.

Ore no Imouto ga Konnani Kawaii Wake ga Nai   06   Snapshot 01

Now here’s an interesting camera angle. It still doesn’t compare to the previous “offering” though.

「俺の幼馴染みがこんなに可愛いわけがない」 (Ore no Osananajimi ga Konnani Kawaii Wake ga Nai)
“There’s No Way My Childhood Friend is This Cute”

As the title suggests, we have an episode on plain old Manami this week that depicts how she’d probably be the perfect match for Kyousuke. Together, they’d probably make one of the dullest couples ever (albeit most normal), which was made plainly obvious when her grandparents showed more youth in them than they have. In the case of an age identity crisis, we have young geezers and old teenagers mixing things, and not a whole lot in the younger sister department. Not to be completely forgotten, there was every indication that Kirino missed having Kyousuke around to preach to about eroge and talk down to though. For the most part, that came off as feelings of frustration and loneliness from not having him around to listen to everything she has to say, though I can definitely see how it could be seen as a brotherly complex developing as well. Whatever the case, this episode wasn’t about Kirino so much as Manami, who’s a victim of falling so far into the “friend zone” that Kyousuke doesn’t even see her as a girl anymore. That’s the overall sentiment anyway, but Manami makes a good attempt in turning it around by inviting him over to help out with a Halloween event, getting him to try out some of her homemade chocolates, and even teasing him about taking a bath with her. Go Manami!

However, had it not been for Manami’s eccentric grandfather, easygoing grandmother, and younger brother Iwao (Ootsuda Hiromi), a.k.a. “Rock”, one could probably argue that the rest of her time spent with Kyousuke was about as eventful as watching paint dry. I never thought I’d say it, but thank goodness for old people bringing some life to the party — even when they’re posing as a corpse or a zombie. While Kirino was busy making love snuggling with her new dakimakura, Kyousuke did get flustered on enough occasions to suggest that if Manami really tried to seduce him, it may just work. What’s more, it looked like Manami had found a “dakimakura” of her own, which I would’ve loved to see Kirino’s reaction to if she somehow caught sight of it. For the time being, Manami still doesn’t feel like much of a contender for Kyousuke’s heart — especially given how he’s not looking for any sort of a relationship — but I do enjoy watching the plain-looking girl show a girlish side of her and remain true to her feelings. Manami is cute and would be perfect wife material for Kyousuke on paper. The only problem is, that’s not the type of uneventful series I’m here to watch, so bring on the violent little sister who wants a piece of the Kyousuke pie too.

Ore no Imouto ga Konnani Kawaii Wake ga Nai   06   03 Ore no Imouto ga Konnani Kawaii Wake ga Nai   06   04

The amazon.co.jp box was pretty obvious, but the “imouto” in the crossword puzzle was less so.

Ore no Imouto ga Konnani Kawaii Wake ga Nai   06   05 Ore no Imouto ga Konnani Kawaii Wake ga Nai   06   06
Ore no Imouto ga Konnani Kawaii Wake ga Nai   06   07 Ore no Imouto ga Konnani Kawaii Wake ga Nai   06   08
Ore no Imouto ga Konnani Kawaii Wake ga Nai   06   09 Ore no Imouto ga Konnani Kawaii Wake ga Nai   06   10

Who says Halloween is only for kids?

Ore no Imouto ga Konnani Kawaii Wake ga Nai   06   11 Ore no Imouto ga Konnani Kawaii Wake ga Nai   06   12

Iwao’s grandfather is pretty relentless with making fun of his buzz cut. Ah, old people these days…

Ore no Imouto ga Konnani Kawaii Wake ga Nai   06   Snapshot 02

They look too good to be eaten. Manami’s got the skills of a professional patisserie.

Ore no Imouto ga Konnani Kawaii Wake ga Nai   06   13 Ore no Imouto ga Konnani Kawaii Wake ga Nai   06   14

They were made specifically for you Kyousuke! Take a hint!

Ore no Imouto ga Konnani Kawaii Wake ga Nai   06   Snapshot 03

I don’t often agree with grandparents nagging their grandchildren to get married, but this is one of the odd occasions that I do.

Ore no Imouto ga Konnani Kawaii Wake ga Nai   06   15 Ore no Imouto ga Konnani Kawaii Wake ga Nai   06   16

If only Kyousuke really knew what Kirino was up to at that very moment.

Ore no Imouto ga Konnani Kawaii Wake ga Nai   06   Snapshot 04

I’m not here to judge. Continue frolicking on the ground…

Ore no Imouto ga Konnani Kawaii Wake ga Nai   06   17 Ore no Imouto ga Konnani Kawaii Wake ga Nai   06   18
Ore no Imouto ga Konnani Kawaii Wake ga Nai   06   19 Ore no Imouto ga Konnani Kawaii Wake ga Nai   06   20

Manami’s father isn’t a man of many words, whereas Iwao’s close enough to Kyousuke to call him “An-chan”.

Ore no Imouto ga Konnani Kawaii Wake ga Nai   06   21 Ore no Imouto ga Konnani Kawaii Wake ga Nai   06   22

If only Kirino really knew what Kyousuke was up to…

Ore no Imouto ga Konnani Kawaii Wake ga Nai   06   Snapshot 05

Now this is a playful side of Manami that I’d definitely like to see a lot more of.

Ore no Imouto ga Konnani Kawaii Wake ga Nai   06   23 Ore no Imouto ga Konnani Kawaii Wake ga Nai   06   24

Especially when it backfires with Kyousuke pulling out all stops. Manami must feel like she was just mentally undressed.

Ore no Imouto ga Konnani Kawaii Wake ga Nai   06   Snapshot 06

Kirino didn’t have a lot of screen time in this one, but this more than made up for it.

Ore no Imouto ga Konnani Kawaii Wake ga Nai   06   Snapshot 07

Congrats to the newly weds.

Ore no Imouto ga Konnani Kawaii Wake ga Nai   06   25 Ore no Imouto ga Konnani Kawaii Wake ga Nai   06   26
Ore no Imouto ga Konnani Kawaii Wake ga Nai   06   27 Ore no Imouto ga Konnani Kawaii Wake ga Nai   06   28

With all the otaku talk in this series, a normal discussion about going to the same university was pretty odd.

Ore no Imouto ga Konnani Kawaii Wake ga Nai   06   Snapshot 08

It looks like Kuroneko and Saori can’t substitute for the void that Kyousuke leaves when he’s not around. It looks like that dakimakura isn’t doing it for her anymore.

ED4 Sequence

ED4: 「マエガミ☆」 (Maegami☆) by Satou Satomi (佐藤聡美)
[Download]

Ore no Imouto ga Konnani Kawaii Wake ga Nai   ED4   01 Ore no Imouto ga Konnani Kawaii Wake ga Nai   ED4   02

The ending sequences haven’t been anything special, but a song by Satou Satomi always helps her lack thereof in K-ON.

Preview & End Card

Ore no Imouto ga Konnani Kawaii Wake ga Nai   06   Preview 01 Ore no Imouto ga Konnani Kawaii Wake ga Nai   06   End Card 01

Kirino and light novels? Hmm…

November 7, 2010 at 11:41 pm
  • November 7, 2010 at 11:45 pmFlamingYu

Kirino kicks,

There will be a gif of Kirino kicking on Kyosuke’s bedroom door right?
    Manami > Kirino in this episode.

• November 7, 2010 at 11:48 pmxcswmboy

The kicks totally reminded me of Felli from Regios.
      Kirino is so much more ‘dere’ when Kyousuke is not actually around.

• November 7, 2010 at 11:53 pmDawn

Who doesn’t love amazon japan, though?!

I don’t have anything against Manami, shes pretty cool. But does Kyousuke want to play it safe and go ‘normal route’??

I SAY NAY.

• November 8, 2010 at 1:09 amP0NCH

A part of me wishes he would, though I know it most likely won’t end that way.
      Manami is awesome :)

• November 8, 2010 at 1:20 amDawn

Yeah, gotta give credit to the eye-catch too.
        However I miss when Na-Ga did the first(?) one, since he did art for Little Busters! a VN that is absurdly funny.

• November 8, 2010 at 2:58 pmAlec

I feel your pain man. I always root for the underdog when it comes to love/romance animes… thats why watching I always feel the heartbreak when the anime ends. I only remember just a few love romance anime where the under dog (in my heart that is…) won the heart of the Main Character (Kimi ga nozomu eien, canvas, true tears, Kasmimasi)

• November 8, 2010 at 4:01 pmX

IMO I actually like the couple, Kyosuke and Manami are made for each other! I thought this episode confirmed it, he denies that he doesnt see Manami as a girl and doesnt want to go out with her, BUT as Akagi asked him if he would be fine if some guy goes out with her, he adamantly replied that he will never allow it and would beat the crap out of the guy who will do that. I’d say just as Akagi figured that Kyosuke might just be in love with Manami despite him not realizing it, like on a subconscious level or something. Besides I dont know about you guys who hated this episode or find it too boring, but I for once enjoyed it a lot. Hell I could even say I prefer Manami than Kirino if I was in Kyosuke’s shoes, why? Hell would you actually date your legitimate blood related sister? I for once wouldnt even think of it, I dont give a dam how hot she is, I aint crossing that taboo. Even if she wasnt blood related, I would still prefer Manami (I know you guys must think im crazy), but I got a legitimate reason..that is…I’m a CHILDHOOD FRIEND (OSANANAJIMI) SHIPPER!

Seriously though, Manami showed her girlish and cute side that even struck Kyosuke more than Kirino, since I havent seen Kyosuke this flustered compared to how even him playing imouto eroge with his sister didnt get him this flustered when Nanami asked to bathe with him and to sleep together with him. But oh well, the title alone suggests solely on focusing on his imouto (heck I prefer Kuroneko more than Kirino) so I guess we might all just get the imouto route in the end. Dam, I always root for the underdog as well like Manami and Kuroneko.

• November 8, 2010 at 7:57 pmShinjiro

Completely with you on that one. Manami and Kyousuke are meant to be together. They actually look adorable together…Heck, she is the type of girl I’d go for!

• November 7, 2010 at 11:56 pmInforansical

Oh, so it’s already the novel part for the next episode? Be ready to see the most crazy stories Kirino wrote then…XD

• November 9, 2010 at 2:14 pmPoiira

Oh this is gonna be fuuuuuunnnnn. Thanks, you got me looking forwards to next week. }:D

• November 7, 2010 at 11:57 pmrufe

Watching the OP I was so confused by these wholesome characters from another time. The bald junior high student and the grandparents…

Also apparently Kyousuke has a “hyper device” to show her in the bath >_<

Interesting hearing Nakamura growl at Manami during that scene (nice to hear something other than yelling for a change…). He and Kugimiya Rie are funny to watch in interviews because they're so…demure in real life and yet end up often voicing LOUD characters.

• November 8, 2010 at 12:00 amAlvord12

Manami’s so cute! >.<

• November 8, 2010 at 12:00 amdietwarrior

What a change of pace in this one…

• November 8, 2010 at 12:03 amTheNewHorde

They’re playing on the non-existing “bro-con” Kirinrin have too much, trying too hard to suggest something that’s not there.

The only problem is that I really wanna see what exactly happened inside Kirinrin’s min that made her think Kyousuke abandoned her when he obviously felt otherwise.

• November 8, 2010 at 12:10 ampoop

cute episode.

• November 8, 2010 at 12:17 amHaKkErO

Meh episode is meh. Would have been crap episode if it weren’t for the Kirino fan service.

• November 8, 2010 at 10:10 pmFlipGlaze

Yeah, the other episodes made my jump up and down in on my seat and lol irl, but this ep was like oh…. okay.

• November 8, 2010 at 12:27 ammeemee

lol at amozon….

• November 8, 2010 at 9:57 ambunny

Am”o”zon!

• November 8, 2010 at 12:29 amYo

Manami is perfect material for Kyousuke! Too bad it won’t end that way :(

• November 8, 2010 at 6:03 amKarmafan

I hope he doesn’t end up involved with his sister. That would be too creepy. Manami should be with him. Or if not Manami then the sister’s girl friend with the weird glasses.

• November 8, 2010 at 1:20 pmYo

Totally agree with you there.

• November 8, 2010 at 12:29 amTehJawknee

I actually liked the Nico Nico Douga OP. I had to do a double take on it since it’s exactly what I would’ve expected. Different characters and all. With that said, Kirino’s dakimakura made me LOL. Hooray for cuddling with your favorite characters, right?

• November 8, 2010 at 12:39 amArabesque

LOLRainbow

I do wonder when Divine is going to crack from uploading all these variant openings.

This episode was surprisingly very nice. Very normal yes, yet still had a good feeling about it.

The normal option here is indeed very boring (I mean, when you make an old couple appear young and energetic …) but it did offer many opportune moments for jokes (”congrats to the newly wed”) and the seduction scene.

Gotta say, the Aoki Ume image at the end was the best so far.

• November 8, 2010 at 12:41 amsadakups

Best final episode ever.

• November 8, 2010 at 4:41 amscoobidydoobity

wut

• November 8, 2010 at 9:29 amTehJawknee

I’d say that if I were dropping the show. Otherwise, that statement makes no sense.
        I am TehJawknee and I approve you shoot him on sight.

• November 8, 2010 at 10:04 amkirinogurl

but its not the final episode!!!!

• November 8, 2010 at 12:45 amsunsona

If only Manami wasn’t so….plain looking….
    she’s got such a cute personality and voice, just needs some longer hair IMO

• November 8, 2010 at 12:48 amKyzel

As much as this was a Manami episode; a jealous Kirino is undeniably cute (Gif please?) made it oh so more worth it. If Kyousuke did end up with Manami, he’d up with a sweet and peaceful girlfriend that’s also willing to put out. Also wtb Kaori pic without otaku glasses please. :)

• November 8, 2010 at 12:55 amTravian

Pardon my ignorance but what does the “Nico Nico Douga style” mean/refer to? Links or explanations are welcome :)

“…which was made plainly obvious when her grandparents showed more youth in them than they have”

lol! Nice phrase.

• November 8, 2010 at 1:44 amDawn

‘nice douga’ is the website name of what I think of it as ‘youtube japan’ but usually for anime-related stuff, where its common for someone to upload parody videos of an anime’s open featuring characters from another anime/redrawn in.

Hence the reference, its the same OP as usual but with diff. characters ‘starring’.

examples: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lL7fGX5rnd8 ( a video of haruhi ending, but with various ‘kyoto animation’ characters replaced with the originals)

• November 8, 2010 at 1:46 amholy_

And don’t forget the comments that showing on the video :)

• November 8, 2010 at 12:59 amHitomi

For me, this whole episode felt like a peaceful day at the Furukawa household. All I heard was Tomoya, Nagisa and Akio interacting like they usually do :o)

• November 8, 2010 at 5:47 amZanibas

Maybe this is a reality set in the future of Clannad where we continue the bloodline of one of the characters. Hey, I think Iwao has some of Kyou’s eye color… =D.

But yes, totally get what you mean. The voice of Tomoya stuck in another friendly household…yet again :).

• November 8, 2010 at 1:01 amP0NCH

Absolutely Epic.

• November 8, 2010 at 1:08 amYakamaru

Now we just gotta wait for episode 7.. :3

Also, according to the info on AniDB, it looks like this series is going to last a while.

Just don’t hope it’ll last over 20 episodes, ‘cus that might be a little too much.

• November 8, 2010 at 9:35 amTehJawknee

Actually, I wouldn’t put it past them to do 24-26 episodes. They easily could do that much and keep it entertaining if they have the right material.

Or have you forgotten Toradora!?

• November 8, 2010 at 8:56 pmCHIBI

screw toradora

the ending was abysmal

• November 9, 2010 at 2:02 amKinny Riddle

CHIBI, you’re talking nonsense. Toradora has one of the best romance anime endings out there.

Anyway, back on topic, I personally don’t think OreImo will go beyond one cour (13 episodes), so far only 7 novel volumes are out, so unless Fushimi Tsukasa decides to wrap things up in volume 8, otherwise, it’s more likely AIC will save the later volumes for a second season.

• November 9, 2010 at 6:05 amCHIBI

this about explains my contempt for toradora

• November 8, 2010 at 1:23 amgeneric_user

It was pretty funny when Manami twisted her tongue repeating grandpa, grandma, & dad.

• November 8, 2010 at 1:27 amU Doh

Ending picture this week is from Aoki Ume. She is the original manga artist of Hidamari Sketch.

• November 8, 2010 at 1:45 amSmuglord

@Yakamaru
    o_o? MAL lists it as being only 13 episodes long.

• November 8, 2010 at 1:46 amNanoNano

Ending eye catch looked uncannily like Hidamari Sketch (don’t know the artist).

GrandpaXGrandma duo was awesome. Had me laughing the whole time.

Jealousy snippets of Kirino confirms (very much) an awkward incestuous ending (not that I’m against incest in anime).

Light Novels Eh?

• November 8, 2010 at 2:16 pmSuzushina Yuriko

It actually is the Hidamari Sketch mangaka who drew that.

• November 8, 2010 at 2:01 amGaze of Providence

Wow, an episode where I did not get the urge to strangle Kirino’s 2-dimensional neck.

That being said, I love this episode, with all the Manami and family hijinks. The family is practically begging Kyouske to get together with Manami.

• November 8, 2010 at 2:25 amNhelraios

This episode is a nice change of pace. Although Ive been spoiled, I still love it that we get to see that Kyousuke have more friends to spend his time with rather than saving Kirino’s ass every episode.

Awesome episode, Sure win. :)

• November 8, 2010 at 2:35 amkuripuri

I found myself liking Manami more than I thought I would this episode. Her cuteness is really brought out when animated. If it were a real life context I’d be rooting for this girl, but it isn’t and so I won’t ): I agree with what someone else already said, she’d be much cuter if she had longer hair, but the short hair is what helps create that “jimi” image.

And even though it wasn’t a Kirino centric episode, I still loved her little snippets. LOL at the strangling of the dakimura and kicking of Kyousuke’s door.

Can’t wait till next weeks episode/arc. Its my favourite part for so many reasons. I’m also interested to know if anyone else sees the possible reference that I noticed in her cell phone novel’s plot.

• November 8, 2010 at 1:23 pmYo

Yeah, I loved her snippets too lol

• November 8, 2010 at 2:43 amlightning

Call me insane but I hope Kyousuke can smack some sense into that bratty and selfish sister of his. lol, Kirino’s bitchiness is starting to get annoying and I do feel sorry for Kyousuke! She needs to learn a thing or two from Saori, Kuroneko and even Manami. :P *prepares to get flamed*

• November 8, 2010 at 2:47 amNhelraios

I agree. Now flame us xD

• November 8, 2010 at 3:41 pmXziled

The MM is strong in this one rofl :p

• November 8, 2010 at 7:25 pmNhelraios

lol. I should limit myself to watching MM XD

• November 8, 2010 at 2:51 amGaze of Providence

You are not insane, though I believe Kyouske is above resorting to violence, as oppose to Kirino.

• November 8, 2010 at 3:31 amCroosboy ♂

I think i know why Kyousuke doesnt want Manami to have a boyfriend is because if Manami parts with Kyousuke, he wouldnt have a normal person in his life to talk to.

• November 8, 2010 at 3:43 amCroosboy ♂

from my understanding from Kirino’s feeling of loneliness, i think Kyousuke cant be substitute by Saori and Kuruneko because Kyouske is the only one that understands her even though they quarrel
    I wonder if Manami has long hair and use contacts instead. What would she look like. i guess that next episode will be Kirino’s c***p**** novel with f***** c*a****** and this might also connect to the chapter where Kirino’s novel gets s***** and Kyousuke will have to act again.

• November 8, 2010 at 3:53 ambuff

lol’ed at the sengoku rance material “HYPER HEIKI” aka rance’s hyper weapon!!!

• November 8, 2010 at 4:35 am7

Good light hearted ep.

Manami <3

• November 8, 2010 at 4:47 amewok40k

I like Manami very much, but Kirino missing her bro was priceless – and she was as tsun as usual,only without her usual punching bag(poor door!). And the dakimakura scene was epic lulz.

• November 8, 2010 at 5:01 amShirt

Manami and Kyousuke make such a cute couple. They look so good together. I love episodes where she’s got a lot of screentime. <3

• November 8, 2010 at 5:17 amahelo

Manami should have more episodes. I like her and Kyousuke’s dull moments :D

• November 8, 2010 at 5:42 amlightning

Definitely agreed! =)

• November 8, 2010 at 6:43 amCroosboy ♂

i 2nd that

• November 8, 2010 at 9:13 amalex

agree, Kirino is only cute when that pussy Kyousuke isn’t arround

• November 8, 2010 at 5:20 amBob

It was AWESOME seeing Kirino jealous! Maybe we will get a real wincest ending??… Maybe…

• November 8, 2010 at 9:12 amalex

I prefer nice boat ending…

• November 8, 2010 at 9:17 amFlamingYu

get the upcoming PSP game of this series? for the Nice Boat Ending.

• November 8, 2010 at 6:23 amHenDarou

Those two sure make a great pair. I’d personally say that he has feelings for her, judging from his reactions. While, of course, he denies it and tells her that if any girl were to confess her feelings to him, he’d reject, I still feel like there’s something hidden beneath it…

Aside from that, Kyousuke sure let’s his inner Tomoya out when he turns into a prankster.

• November 8, 2010 at 7:05 amCroosboy ♂

offering lol. nice one

• November 8, 2010 at 7:17 amUiHirasawa

Dakimakura <3

• November 8, 2010 at 7:32 amjrj

the most normal conversation by the most normal childhood friends/couple with the most normal relationship of this season… :D
    all I can say is… man, you got to love your childhood friend regardless of how plain he/she is…

• November 8, 2010 at 7:41 amUiHirasawa

the only “normal” relationship in this serie so far xD

• November 8, 2010 at 8:12 amentropy

Finally, an even more awesome ep, courtesy of “very plain, normal and vanilla” girl Manami!

• November 8, 2010 at 8:21 amKinny Riddle

ttp://randomc.net/image/Ore%20no%20Imouto%20ga%20Konnani%20Kawaii%20Wake%20ga%20Nai/Ore%20no%20Imouto%20ga%20Konnani%20Kawaii%20Wake%20ga%20Nai%20-%2006%20-%20Large%2024.jpg

For a moment, Sato Satomi slightly fell back into her Ricchan-mode as Manami getting freaked out by Kyousuke suddenly being aggressive (must be the influence of all those eroges his sister gave her). But otherwise, Satomi was convincing as the “ordinary” but still sweet Manami.

ttp://randomc.net/image/Ore%20no%20Imouto%20ga%20Konnani%20Kawaii%20Wake%20ga%20Nai/Ore%20no%20Imouto%20ga%20Konnani%20Kawaii%20Wake%20ga%20Nai%20-%2006%20-%20Large%2018.jpg
    Though this store-assistant wasn’t credited in the credits, I swear to god I heard Koyama Rikiya’s voice in a cameo.

Quite surprised to see Akagi (Majima Junji – Ryuuji in Toradora) appearing earlier than expected.

• November 8, 2010 at 8:47 amCroosboy ♂

store assistant? (sori cant click your link)

• November 8, 2010 at 9:27 amKinny Riddle

You can’t click my link because you have to add the letter “h” back in front of it. :p

I purposely removed it so that Divine’s spam filter doesn’t mistake my post for spam from too many html links.

• November 8, 2010 at 10:49 pminfo600

just wondering, can’t you use the anchor tags for those multiple links instead of plain C&P?

• November 8, 2010 at 9:27 amCroosboy ♂

your right he really is Rikiya(Check it with Kobato’s Genko)
      is he Manami’s Father or just an assistant.

• November 8, 2010 at 1:19 pmDivine

That’s Manami and Iwao’s father, not a store assistant. He has yet to be credited with a seiyuu.

• November 8, 2010 at 8:26 amKinny Riddle

Though this “side-story” was labelled as chapter 2 in volume 2 of the novels, it was sandwiched between the chapters where Ayase first appeared and the Comiket Incident where Kirino’s friendship with Ayase was nearly jeopardized.

While the slow flow of the novels allowed for this detour to be possible, it made more sense for AIC to arrange this story after the Ayase arc for the anime adaptation, or it’ll just feel awkward.

• November 8, 2010 at 8:31 amKinny Riddle

Apologies for the triple-post…

Argh! Why must I be so trigger-happy with the submit button before I organize my thoughts!?

Divine, perhaps you could install some edit function for at least 5 minutes after a post, just to make some quick modification in case of slip ups like these

What the novels didn’t cover was what Kirino was doing while Kyousuke was spending some quality time with Manami, and it was most interesting to see Kirino feeling quite jealous that her no-good brother actually has a friend from the opposite gender to hang out with.

• November 8, 2010 at 10:22 amTehJawknee

I agree with this. It would let some of these people edit their screw ups when they post spoilers since most don’t preview their comments. I’m sure there’s a plugin for that. :D

• November 8, 2010 at 8:51 amLaN

Great episode. I really like Manami and Kyousuke as friends. I do find it hilarious when they are pressured by others and teased by each other though.

• November 8, 2010 at 9:09 amalex

go for the yandere route…Ayase has a cake for you :)

• November 8, 2010 at 11:15 amCrystal

I couldn’t stand Manami, I guess because she’s way too.. cutesy.
    I mean, I hate Kirino’s bitchiness, but at least it makes her somewhat believable as a character. Manami just seems too boring, not enough personality..
    That said, I love her family. Their antics made me laugh a lot, they seem like really fun people to be around. :D
    I also liked the opening for this episode, the Nico Nico Douga effect was pretty nice.

• November 8, 2010 at 12:12 pmrasone0104

This show kills me everytime I watch it.
    Hugging scene with the pillow killed me…..

• November 8, 2010 at 1:54 pmAbdrew

Well, Kirino’s just being annoying as usual this episode. Kyosuke should totally hook up with Manami… And show her his HYPER WEAPON xD

• November 8, 2010 at 2:51 pmKaus

Still waiting on the revelation that Kirino and Kyosuke are not related. I do not think it will turn out to be legit incest.

• November 8, 2010 at 3:24 pmOmegan

a girl actually acting on how she feels?!?!?!?
    Amazing!

• November 8, 2010 at 5:00 pmdrgnwing0

So I see that everyone comments on how Kyosuke should just spend time with Manami instead of dealing with Kirino but I see this as where Kirino developed her interest in eroge. As indicated MANY times in the episode, Kyosuke spent much of his childhood hanging at the Manami household and neglecting his younger sister at home (which is why she shows dislike to “neighbor-girl”). This is the complete opposite of what we’ve seen the past few episodes but it is what’s been going on all the time before the story/show started. For lack of sibling love, Kirino became interested in imouto eroge since the imouto characters get to spend lots of time with their brother and express what she couldn’t do when she was younger.

• November 8, 2010 at 5:47 pmDivine

I can definitely see that being part of the reason.

• November 8, 2010 at 8:07 pmShinjiro

I’d also see this as a possible (even inevitable) route for the show. A showdown between Manami and Kirino would be interesting to watch and if played right, heartwrenching.

• November 8, 2010 at 8:59 pmCHIBI

heartwrenching? this is a rom-com, not some KGNE.

• November 8, 2010 at 11:00 pmkuripuri

Completely agree. Though I never even thought to look at the Manami story parts as showing life before Kirino+Eroge, that’s interesting to note. And I suspect that the her playing imouto eroge is most likely due to her want to experience some kind of representation of sibling love… I’m really interested to see how the author may/will explain their past and more on the cause of the rift..its probably one of the more serious plot points in OreImo.

• November 12, 2010 at 12:48 pmKelfistan

Wow, your analyses was brilliant.

• November 12, 2010 at 12:48 pmKelfistan

*analysis

• November 8, 2010 at 9:50 pmrufe

That’s an interesting theory. It seems perfectly logical to me…

Still perfer Manami to Kirino though =P

• November 8, 2010 at 10:47 pmKabayongtao

That bald guy reminds me of this Minori from “Toradora!”.

He acts like her too.

• November 8, 2010 at 10:53 pminfo600

I can see the “Just as (I’ve) planned” coming from gramps while watching this episode xD
    (where’s the Kaiba-face paste pics this time around?)

in another matter, I can hear Ricchan from the ED only, weird…

• November 8, 2010 at 11:13 pmJack Vojack

When I saw the scene that focused on Manami then to kyouske to kirino in the OP, I said to myself, this is wat good animation is all about. It defined the relation between the three quite vaguely but amazingly expressed. I just had to comment on that.
    I’m all for Manami btw, she is CHILDHOOD FRIEND route!!! you can never go wrong with that!

• November 9, 2010 at 5:42 pmHTT

I missed Kirino….hoped to see more moe next episode ^^

• November 9, 2010 at 11:29 pminnerchihiro

This was a damn good episode…

• November 24, 2010 at 10:49 amLucia

I agree with your post. Manami is good and all, but I’m here to watch Kirino and Ayase