Panty & Stocking with Garterbelt – 08 »« Panty & Stocking with Garterbelt – 06

Panty & Stocking with Garterbelt – 07

Part 1

Panty & Stocking with Garterbelt   07   01 Panty & Stocking with Garterbelt   07   02 Panty & Stocking with Garterbelt   07   03
Panty & Stocking with Garterbelt   07   04 Panty & Stocking with Garterbelt   07   05 Panty & Stocking with Garterbelt   07   06
Panty & Stocking with Garterbelt   07   07 Panty & Stocking with Garterbelt   07   08 Panty & Stocking with Garterbelt   07   09
Panty & Stocking with Garterbelt   07   10 Panty & Stocking with Garterbelt   07   11 Panty & Stocking with Garterbelt   07   12
Panty & Stocking with Garterbelt   07   13 Panty & Stocking with Garterbelt   07   14 Panty & Stocking with Garterbelt   07   15
Panty & Stocking with Garterbelt   07   16 Panty & Stocking with Garterbelt   07   17 Panty & Stocking with Garterbelt   07   18
Panty & Stocking with Garterbelt   07   19 Panty & Stocking with Garterbelt   07   20 Panty & Stocking with Garterbelt   07   21

「トランスホーム」 (Toransuhōmu)
“Transwhoremers”

What is this I don’t even..

You know, I think it’s safe to say that we all know what Transformers are. Even if you didn’t want to, you couldn’t have ignored the recent Michael Bay remakes, teaching you at least the gist of the franchise. Transformers is a damn old series, harking back to the mid 1980′s, when I wasn’t even an idea yet. I’ve never seen any of the TV series, and one might think that this parody continues the PSG tradition of imitating/mocking western culture, as one would believe Transformers is purely an American bred idea. Really? You think gaijins could come up with the ingenious idea of oversized robots fighting each other? Pfffft. (well apparently they did, so shit.)

At first, I only looked at the TV series, as they were written and recorded in America, but animated in Japan by the (in)famous studio, Toei. So I figured, alright, but what about the real origins of Transformers? After a couple clicks, it tells me, “Transformers is a line of toys produced by the American toy company Hasbro.” Hasbro were bros. But then I kept reading. “The Transformers toyline was originally created and produced by Japanese company Takara Tomy.” Yeah, my face when all those older American generations that look back on Transformers with fond memories was pretty much loving something originating from Japan, and technically, was watching “anime.” I wonder how many of those people are the same ones that blindly hate on anime or Japan itself with a passion now… (yeah I don’t know where I’m going with this)

So, because this was practically home turf, Gainax imitated the retro color palette, thick lines, and even animation movement of the old Transformers cartoons pretty well. “But Kiiragi, you’ve never seen the series, how could you know?” The wonders of Youtube, my dear reader. Plus I’ve seen other 80′s cartoons on reruns as a kid, so I remember the general style most of them had. Incidentally, the title and end effects seemed more like it was parodying the live action Bay movies, if just by the familiar sound effects and movement. But hot damn, the fx was cool. I had shivers seeing that END sign click itself into place.

While I may not have enjoyed this as much as had I been born a decade earlier, I can appreciate the detail given to the original source material. I think even “Hot Rod” from the original series made an appearance, being the guy who used his screwdriver to “screw” Panty’s ..”bolt”, making probably the most blatantly suggestive sex scene in this series yet. I’m sure there’s an assload of references I am not sad to admit that I missed, but the folks at 2ch will probably come up with some extensive picture comparison. I give this part 7 condoms out of 10……:D

holy shit stocking transformers would sell like hotcakes and look at this QUALITY and DAT FACE

Part 2

Panty & Stocking with Garterbelt   07   22 Panty & Stocking with Garterbelt   07   23 Panty & Stocking with Garterbelt   07   24
Panty & Stocking with Garterbelt   07   25 Panty & Stocking with Garterbelt   07   26 Panty & Stocking with Garterbelt   07   27
Panty & Stocking with Garterbelt   07   28 Panty & Stocking with Garterbelt   07   29 Panty & Stocking with Garterbelt   07   30
Panty & Stocking with Garterbelt   07   31 Panty & Stocking with Garterbelt   07   32 Panty & Stocking with Garterbelt   07   33
Panty & Stocking with Garterbelt   07   34 Panty & Stocking with Garterbelt   07   35 Panty & Stocking with Garterbelt   07   36
Panty & Stocking with Garterbelt   07   37 Panty & Stocking with Garterbelt   07   38 Panty & Stocking with Garterbelt   07   39
Panty & Stocking with Garterbelt   07   40 Panty & Stocking with Garterbelt   07   41 Panty & Stocking with Garterbelt   07   42

「現金に裸体を張れ」 (Gennama ni Ratai o Hare)
“The Stripping”

I didn’t think the demon sisters would make an appearance so soon, but it’s nice for them to have some presence along the way till the inevitable finale showdown. They didn’t pose much of a physical threat this time around, but did manage to undress the angels almost till their bare bottoms, though it’s not like they ever needed help in that asspect. Oh man, more bad puns.

Probably one of the more gratuitous episodes in terms of fanservice, you’ll have to thank Garterbelt for provoking them into finding jobs, which led to a multitude of costumes and a kickass montage song. Well, they have a better time actually getting the jobs than me, but given their “professionalism,” it’s no surprise they end up earning nothing, so how’s one supposed to earn big bucks in little time? The brilliant scheme some dude cooked up after seeing how humans are weak against risk with big rewards that we call the casino! I’m rather jealous that the angels can rock the luck probabilities of gambling (reminding me of anti-probability missiles from a certain other Gainax show). Coupled with their supposedly ridiculously good looks, I guess that’s just what angels are, superbly perfect in every way. Question is, where’s the male angels? Audience: “Males? Tch. Of course the perfect form has to be female. wwwwwww” (sorry, more otaku humor) Though in seriousness, I wouldn’t be surprised if one shows up later.

It’s funny, I’ve spent almost an hour thinking about what kind of impression I have on this part of the episode. Besides the commentary above, I’ve got absolutely nothing. Feel free to do better in the comments so I can hang my head in shame. For some reason there’s just nothing I could really talk about two promiscuous angels gambling until the edge of dignity, and yet because they have none, they can’t break the addiction as onlookers soon become fuel to the fire. A vicious circle is born, as the angels sell their clothes and receive compensation, yet it works as an economy would, with demand evolving from simply wanting their clothes to having the chance to see them stark naked. With a twist of fate, the angels only get out of this debacle by winning, ironically, with pure chance. Yeah, definitely nothing exciting to talk about, but hey, I liked the fanservice! And uh.. don’t gamble unless you’re an angel? And don’t be greedy with money! Till next week~

November 13, 2010 at 7:03 pm
  • November 13, 2010 at 7:05 pmgarfield15

To add to the B Part, I liked the insert song at least.

For those wondering how much effort Gainax put into the Transformers part….The answer is this much

• November 15, 2010 at 10:38 pmBROOKLYN otaku

DAMN NIGGA!!!! did YOU put ALL that together???? GOOD SHOW MAN!!! GOOD SHOW!

• November 13, 2010 at 7:29 pmPoiira

Huh, you know there’s actually been fanart of genderbent Panty. I think he’s called Trunks? But it’d be cool if there were male angels… mmm, eye candy.

• November 13, 2010 at 7:36 pmSuppa Tenko

I’d take this over Transformers any day.

• November 13, 2010 at 7:41 pmKiiragi

That is quite badass.

• November 13, 2010 at 8:15 pmShiden

SRW>all. But when you think about it, by the end of OG2, the Hagane/Hiryu group could probably take out Unicron by themselves (since they beat Stern Regisseur in the bonus stage)

• November 13, 2010 at 8:17 pmZero

Holy-crap-wtf-GATTAI!

• November 13, 2010 at 8:04 pmKLAC

wa ha ha ha INDEED really this more f’n better every week really by this rate ANIME OF THE YEAR MENTION on it.

• November 13, 2010 at 8:17 pmInstantNoodles

The 1st part was more fanservicey to me than the 2nd. Oh all the references. All the references. Someone at the studio must have been a hardcore fan.

• November 13, 2010 at 9:57 pmanotheranon

And don’t forget that gainax went as far to bring the original seiyuus from the series and movies. Really, somebody at GAINAX really is a big fan…

• November 13, 2010 at 8:22 pmNyoway

Hahahaha

Uh, no.

Transformers was an american directed and designed series. It was not originally created in Japan. What actually happened was that a bunch of transforming toys with no story from a bunch of different lines (this is noticable in the original 80′s lineup) were purchased by Hasbro and their bros TakaraTomy. The entire creative process of colours, names, voices and designs were the sole job of Americans, and then lineart and cels by Japan and other Asian companies. Most of the original show designs were simplified from toys by a guy named Floro Dery, who is a nutjob.

The cartoon Japan got was the american one dubbed, until Transformers in the US finished and they had to make their own extra cartoons, Masterforce, Victory and Headmasters. Then Transformers sat vacant until Mainframe Entertainment, a western CGI company brought it back with Hasbro as Beast Wars. Which also got a shitty Japanese dub and two extra anime to fill in the gap.

There were four other Transformers anime produced, Car Robots, Micron Legend, Superlink, and Galaxy Force. In the US, they were known as RID, Armada, Energon, and Cybertron. Then we got the movie, which led to Transformers Animated, a western production, that is right now having it’s Japanese dub aired.

Transformers’ intellectual work has always been western, with toy design and lineart generally split between Hasbro and TakaraTomy. Generally, Japanese TF shows have been pretty shit.

And now you know!

• November 13, 2010 at 8:54 pmKiiragi

Well thank you kind sir for debunking my post and deeming it useless. I stand corrected. Though technically, parts of my post still holds. Consider it as a sarcastic joke then~

• November 13, 2010 at 11:41 pmSkins Thunderbomb

Welcome to the Transformers fanbase. We be defensive, yo.

• November 14, 2010 at 5:36 amkenshin

transformers animated was animated by the Japanese studio “Studio 4C”…. (I sound redundant…haha) but yeah, according to sources, so more Japanese influenced than American… but anyway, nice info.

• November 14, 2010 at 4:36 pmSkins T

True, but it was still an American concept, idea, and series, as was the original G1 cartoon of which this episode was based on.

• November 14, 2010 at 2:26 pmdiet otaku

…dude, go outside.

• November 14, 2010 at 7:29 pmSkins T

Dude, stop being rude.

• November 14, 2010 at 10:46 pmda5id

…Dude, take a joke.

• November 14, 2010 at 11:22 pmDurifto

Don’t bother.

The TFs-are-exclusively-japanese-creations canard has been around since the inception of the internet.

• November 13, 2010 at 8:27 pmlkaze

wOOw, i never thought i can see so many erotic scene in one episode, real good, kudo to them, i can’t wait to see the next episode. :)

• November 13, 2010 at 8:31 pmstarss

I’ll say something that may appear in your posts. I didn’t particularly like the second part because Skanty and Kneesocks just let themselves get defeated. Weren’t they, like, on par with the angels in battle just an episode ago?! For ****’s sake, pull out a gun or something!

The first one had me laughing non-stop though! :D :D ArtShift should be the usual for this series now.

• November 13, 2010 at 8:32 pmTrizian

the Transformers part was pure gold

• November 13, 2010 at 8:39 pmClick

MIND BLOWN
    MIND BLOWN
    MIND BLOWN

• November 13, 2010 at 8:44 pmanon

If P&S worked as Traders at a bank to gamble for money, then the episode would have been superb. S&K’s plan for “The greatest economic crisis ever will plummet the human world into mass hysteria.” may even make sense. Then again, spewing dollars does that too…

• November 13, 2010 at 11:13 pmBROOKLYN otaku

OPTIMUS!!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?! WHAT THE FU@K!?!?!?!?!!?!?!

• November 14, 2010 at 12:12 amKinny Riddle

LOL at the transforming panties logo – Pantybots vs Stockingcons.

Gainax even went so far as to get the original seiyuus for Optimus Prime (Genda Tessho) and Megatron (Kato Seizo) to reprise their respective parodied roles in this episode. lol

Now it’ll be even more amusing if the US localization team could get Peter Cullen and Frank Welker to voice them for the English dub.

• November 14, 2010 at 4:09 pmstarss

I just want to know which studio would dub THIS WHOLE SHOW PERIOD. You can bet it won’t be screened in any public venue at conventions!

• November 14, 2010 at 12:14 ambearzerger

As someone who was born a decade earlier and an old style transformers fan, the new stuff is lame, I have to say the first half episode was the funniest one to date. I was laughing ten minutes nonstop. The second half was completely overshadowed.

• November 14, 2010 at 12:16 amKinny Riddle

• November 14, 2010 at 1:02 amKiiragi

Damn, they sure sneaked that one in o_o

• November 14, 2010 at 2:28 amPr1smat1c

had to rewind to see that clearly at first xD, but sure made me lol that they put that there^^

• November 14, 2010 at 1:25 pmSOSAnimeBoy

HAHAHAHAHA… omg so funny… I’m sure lots of Transformers doujin have been vindicated with that!

• November 14, 2010 at 4:37 pmSkins T

Definitely. >3

• November 14, 2010 at 2:27 pmdiet otaku

OH DEAR GOD

okay yeah, this is officially the best show ever. XD

• November 14, 2010 at 12:45 amkarry

Eh, a pile of crap is still a pile of crap.

• November 14, 2010 at 2:28 pmdiet otaku

why are you commenting on a post for a show you don’t like?

• November 14, 2010 at 12:57 amjrj

the transformer logo really made me want to watch Michael Bay’s movies again (for better or worse), especially the yet to be released “Dark of the moon”…
    the stripping part… why don’t we have that luck? and there won’t be male angel, at least not in PSG, because either Panty or Master G will milk it to no end… :D

• November 14, 2010 at 1:50 amShinkz

That entire episode was amazing from start to finish.

• November 14, 2010 at 5:09 amKLAC

yes yes yes really so keep this up WE so demand an english audio version of it already.

really IF we go non-stop demand like by any ways we can do it oh i see english audio by 2011.

• November 14, 2010 at 5:47 amreV

The sexy bot that “screwed” Panty was more of a reference to Japanese-produced Transformers series such as Victory and Masterforce (which were the forefathers of mecha anime such as the Brave series, GaoGaiGar included). Panty herself is actually a design mixture of Hot Rod and Optimus Prime (mostly Hot Rod, with Prime’s mouthplate)

• November 14, 2010 at 9:05 amMM

the transformers ep was hilarious. I really hope they either make this an english dub or keep the original and just release it to the USA during 2011. I would totally buy this series :3

• November 14, 2010 at 9:58 amAzuma

I actually stopped watching P&S, but this parody/tribute/stuff was just so awesome I had to watch. Now excuse me while I go dust off my TF movie (1986 animated one).

• November 14, 2010 at 9:24 pmSkins T

This episode is going to cause a massive stir in the female TF fanbase. There’s been so much debate about how giant robots get it on, that this should be interesting >3

Love this episode.

• November 14, 2010 at 9:38 pmentropy

Definitely not one of those who loved the Transformers animated series and bash “anime-lovers”, considering that when it was aired here I was also watching Daimos, Voltes V, BT-X and Dragonball in other channels. XD

• November 14, 2010 at 10:47 pmda5id

Alright, the mecha episode! Every Gainax show has to have one!

• November 14, 2010 at 10:59 pmNandaka

the ghost for the 2nd part is from The Eye of Providence in the US$1 bill >> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Great_Seal_of_United_States.jpg

• November 15, 2010 at 1:21 aminfo600

anyone looked @ the tinted windows yet?

somehow it only appeared in that mini-ep. as of now…(someone correct me if I’m wrong)

• November 15, 2010 at 2:47 amReddyRedWolf

Just correct some info. Back then Takara Tomy was just called Takara. A couple of years ago Takara merged with Tomy another toy company.

Oh the one who designed the Battle Convoy toy that became Optimus Prime is non other than Shoji Kawamori himself.

• November 15, 2010 at 12:19 pmNecromas

I”m not sure why it was that moment in particular, but I just laughed so hard when starscream/sugarscream came out of nowhere. Too bad he didn’t get to plot to usurp Stocking.