Ore no Imouto ga Konnani Kawaii Wake ga Nai – 10 »« Ore no Imouto ga Konnani Kawaii Wake ga Nai – 08

Ore no Imouto ga Konnani Kawaii Wake ga Nai – 09

OP7 Sequence

OP7: 「irony」 by ClariS
[Download]

Ore no Imouto ga Konnani Kawaii Wake ga Nai   OP7   01 Ore no Imouto ga Konnani Kawaii Wake ga Nai   OP7   02
Ore no Imouto ga Konnani Kawaii Wake ga Nai   OP7   03 Ore no Imouto ga Konnani Kawaii Wake ga Nai   OP7   04

The slightly altered opening sequences continue, except this time Manami is vying for some of the tsundere spotlight.

Ore no Imouto ga Konnani Kawaii Wake ga Nai   09   Snapshot 01

Yes, the poison is in the target’s hands!

「俺の妹がこんなにエロゲー三昧なわけがない」 (Ore no Imouto ga Konnani Erogee Sanmai na Wake ga Nai)
“There’s No Way My Sister is This Into Eroge”

As if to calm our souls since Kirino’s personality seems to have so few redeeming traits, the producers have graced us with an episode about her getting a taste of her own medicine. Given how fed up she got playing the latest kiss x kiss Re:Version eroge, I would’ve gladly bought a copy too. Unfortunately, the sad reality is that Kirino doesn’t even realize that the Rinko character (Igarashi Hiromi) is the spitting image of herself. If only there were a little sister character in this show who acts just like her, then she’d truly know what Kyousuke has to put up with day in day out. 100% tsun, 0% dere? Kirino, you’re more like 110% tsun, -10% dere.

Ore no Imouto ga Konnani Kawaii Wake ga Nai   09   01 Ore no Imouto ga Konnani Kawaii Wake ga Nai   09   02

It’s even better that Rinko’s in high resolution 1080p to drive Kirino absolutely insane.

Ore no Imouto ga Konnani Kawaii Wake ga Nai   09   Snapshot 02

Yeah, savor the moment Kirino… while it lasts!

Ore no Imouto ga Konnani Kawaii Wake ga Nai   09   03 Ore no Imouto ga Konnani Kawaii Wake ga Nai   09   04

Pre-episode five I would’ve been asking to see more of Ayase, but post episode five? Not so much.

Ore no Imouto ga Konnani Kawaii Wake ga Nai   09   05 Ore no Imouto ga Konnani Kawaii Wake ga Nai   09   06

Even Kyousuke’s not that much of a dork. It’s pretty befitting that Rinko has dyed hair too.

Ore no Imouto ga Konnani Kawaii Wake ga Nai   09   Snapshot 03

Now this is a reaction I can revel in. Kirino learning what it’s like to deal with herself? Priceless.

Ore no Imouto ga Konnani Kawaii Wake ga Nai   09   Snapshot 04

I’m lovin’ it!

Ore no Imouto ga Konnani Kawaii Wake ga Nai   09   07 Ore no Imouto ga Konnani Kawaii Wake ga Nai   09   08

Kirino gets an “I love you” from Miyabi (Akiya Tomoko) and “prepares” herself by putting up a poster. I guess this series takes place in 2012 given the release date of this eroge.

Ore no Imouto ga Konnani Kawaii Wake ga Nai   09   Snapshot 05

As Kirino would put it, “Kimochiwarui.” (Gross)

So apparently Kirino’s equivalent to closing the blinds, locking the door, turning down the lights, and throwing some music on is putting up a poster, putting on a Bluetooth headset, grabbing a pillow, and constantly clicking replay on the “Onii-chan daisuki” clip. I can’t really say which is healthier for a fourteen year old girl, but this sure felt like her geeky equivalent to some quality “alone time”. The walls sure are thin though, so between hearing obnoxious girlish squealing or a bunch of deep breathing, neither were a good option for poor Kyousuke in the next room. Incidentally, the result was the same from Kirino’s perspective — she was on her bed and terribly worn out from all the excitement. Good grief, they really need to start censoring this kind of stuff too. Get the kids out of the room!

Ore no Imouto ga Konnani Kawaii Wake ga Nai   09   09 Ore no Imouto ga Konnani Kawaii Wake ga Nai   09   10

Kuroneko’s little sister didn’t have a name listed in the credits, but it’s worth noting that she’s played by Ogura Yui from YuiKaoru and a fan of Merururu.

Ore no Imouto ga Konnani Kawaii Wake ga Nai   09   Snapshot 06

With that look of disbelief, I can finally see that Kirino is related to Kyousuke. Who says they don’t look alike?

Kirino should just be grateful that she can go back and load the game, make other decisions, and hope for a better outcome. She doesn’t know the pain Kyousuke has to go through dealing with the exactly same in real-time with no saving and no breaks. Heck, if Kyousuke had a choice, he probably wouldn’t even play the game of life with Kirino. There are only bad endings from what I’ve seen.

Ore no Imouto ga Konnani Kawaii Wake ga Nai   09   Snapshot 07

It’s been suggested that Saori’s a lot prettier than she appears, but I wasn’t expecting her to come from a wealthy family.

Ore no Imouto ga Konnani Kawaii Wake ga Nai   09   11 Ore no Imouto ga Konnani Kawaii Wake ga Nai   09   12

It looks like we have some maid cosplaying in store, plus we got a glimpse of a bit of the white in Saori’s eyes.

Ore no Imouto ga Konnani Kawaii Wake ga Nai   09   13 Ore no Imouto ga Konnani Kawaii Wake ga Nai   09   14

Kuroneko is startled to receive a phone call from Kyousuke, but clearly happy about it too.

Ore no Imouto ga Konnani Kawaii Wake ga Nai   09   Snapshot 08

I figured earplugs would’ve the trick, but Kyousuke prefers to call up some cute girls instead to get his mind off what’s going on in the next room.

It’s kind of unusual that Kyousuke resorted to calling Kuroneko when he couldn’t get through to Manami, but I guess he doesn’t have too many choices now that Ayase’s no longer an option. After all, it’s kind of hard to convince someone to have some small talk with you after all when they want you dead. I did get a chuckle out of Kuroneko’s comment about making a voodoo doll when she was just making a stuffed bunny head for her sister though. That’s probably the first time I’ve seen her get a bit flustered while maintaining her Kuroneko image.

Ore no Imouto ga Konnani Kawaii Wake ga Nai   09   Snapshot 09

After only a few hours, Kirino manages to made some progress with Rinko. This game is obviously too easy seeing as Kyousuke’s been at it for nine episodes and is still at square one.

Ore no Imouto ga Konnani Kawaii Wake ga Nai   09   15 Ore no Imouto ga Konnani Kawaii Wake ga Nai   09   16
Ore no Imouto ga Konnani Kawaii Wake ga Nai   09   Snapshot 10

Where is the dere?! I DON’T SEE IT!

Ore no Imouto ga Konnani Kawaii Wake ga Nai   09   17 Ore no Imouto ga Konnani Kawaii Wake ga Nai   09   18

Even bath scene doesn’t serve as consolation, especially not when she’s cleaning herself in preparation for an eroge scene.

Ore no Imouto ga Konnani Kawaii Wake ga Nai   09   Snapshot 11

Kirino can barely contain herself, which is pretty amazing given that the picture nor the text has changed yet.

Ore no Imouto ga Konnani Kawaii Wake ga Nai   09   19 Ore no Imouto ga Konnani Kawaii Wake ga Nai   09   20

It’s about time Kyousuke said something about Kirino’s noise. “Shut the hell up you pervert!”
Also, notice that her screen hasn’t changed since she left for her bath.

Ore no Imouto ga Konnani Kawaii Wake ga Nai   09   Snapshot 12

It’s amazing how she still insists she has pure thoughts about little sisters after this fiasco.

This was undoubtedly one of the funniest scenes in the entire episode, simply because Kyousuke called out Kirino for the pervert that she is. I can’t believe she had the audacity to accuse him of recording her noises, as if they would do anything but make someone’s ears bleed. There was nothing hot about the sounds coming out of her room, that’s for sure. I’m starting to think he should have recorded her noises and used them to blackmail her though. Oh the hilarity.

Ore no Imouto ga Konnani Kawaii Wake ga Nai   09   21 Ore no Imouto ga Konnani Kawaii Wake ga Nai   09   22

Kuroneko has some nice sketches but we’ll just have to overlook how she role-plays by herself.

Ore no Imouto ga Konnani Kawaii Wake ga Nai   09   23 Ore no Imouto ga Konnani Kawaii Wake ga Nai   09   24

A bad yet sentimental ending. I’m not opposed to it one bit since it quieted Kirino down.

Ore no Imouto ga Konnani Kawaii Wake ga Nai   09   Snapshot 13

Gasp, Kuroneko actually considers Kirino a friend of hers.

Ore no Imouto ga Konnani Kawaii Wake ga Nai   09   25 Ore no Imouto ga Konnani Kawaii Wake ga Nai   09   26

Well at least it’s good to know that they both consider one another friends.

Ore no Imouto ga Konnani Kawaii Wake ga Nai   09   Snapshot 14

I was expecting Kirino to do something to Kyousuke as he walked by, but that kick really drew a “WTF” reaction out of me.

Ore no Imouto ga Konnani Kawaii Wake ga Nai   09   Snapshot 15

Does this girl not learn one bit? I dare say Kirino should start mixing some 2D with 3D to educate herself a bit. She just so happens to be playing the right kind of eroge for it too.

Despite how Kirino learned absolutely nothing from the verbal abuse she took from Rinko, this episode goes down as one of my favorite to date simply because she got a taste of what it’s like being on the receiving end. It was soothing in a way, laughing at the misfortune she brought upon herself, plus it had one of the best scenes with Kyousuke giving her a piece of his mind when she simply would not keep her perverted squealing down. Quite frankly, I’m getting to the point that I’m going to enjoy every moment that Kirino screws herself over, seeing as she hasn’t really shown anymore of her cute side since episode three. I don’t hate her character since the bratty personality is clearly what they’re going for, but I do question what it’s going to take for her to finally be thankful of having Kyousuke as an older brother. There was brief mention of the last life consultation at the beginning of the episode, but none since then, so I’m starting to wonder if it’s going to be saved for the finale of this adaptation. I’d say it’s likely at this point since there are only three episodes left, but I guess I’ll find out soon enough.

* Update: It looks like I’m right about them ending with the life consultation bit. The twelfth and final episode is titled, “There’s No Way My Sister’s Life Consultation Ends Here”.

ED6 Sequence

ED6: 「好きなんだもん!」 (Suki Nanda mon!) by 竹達彩奈 (Taketatsu Ayana)
[Download]

Ore no Imouto ga Konnani Kawaii Wake ga Nai   ED6   01 Ore no Imouto ga Konnani Kawaii Wake ga Nai   ED6   02

A Kirino themed ending featuring herself as Shironeko!

Preview & End Card

Ore no Imouto ga Konnani Kawaii Wake ga Nai   09   Preview 01 Ore no Imouto ga Konnani Kawaii Wake ga Nai   09   End Card 01

Given the next episode title, we should find out what Saori has planned with those maid outfits.

November 29, 2010 at 3:44 am
  • November 29, 2010 at 3:44 amAlvord12

I really felt sorry for Kyousuke having to listen to Kirino’s moans, but then again I couldn’t help but laugh at the game she was playing. Well, at least now we know where Kirino gets her ‘Tsun’ side from!

It was Kuroneko that stole the show today, with her caring attitude towards her sister.
    And needless to say, without the contacts she looked even better! >_<

• November 29, 2010 at 3:50 amanxx00

Blackcat little sister is so damn adorable, I can just see Kirino’s perverted face if she actually get a glimpse of this adorable little cutie pie.

• November 30, 2010 at 6:54 pmOmegan

THE KURENO SCENE WAS THE BEST!!!
      The moe level of Kureno is maxed out! BUt the moe-ness of little sis is off the scales!

• November 29, 2010 at 3:53 amRei

Knew Saori was ojou-sama!! But Kuroneko… ohmygod, even more smitten than before. Her little sister is SO kewt ;A; when kuroneko reaches out for her phone, she tries not to disturb her dawwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww.
    Kirino playing an eroge was the best thing ever, I loved this episode, one of my favourites yet. Kuroneko is a damn fine artist too, that tablet! Is it wireless? :D
    Kirino’s reactions to her eroge was priceless :3

• November 29, 2010 at 3:54 amSaya

Watching Kirino play eroge was hilarious, with it parodying OreImo even in the character design. The humour through hypocrisy when Kirino was hating on the eroge version of herself. Rinko-chan practically quotes all her past/future lines even those within the same episode. LOL at her seemingly to have not made the connection.

I also love how the eroge gave us some insight onto how Kirino may feel. Especially with that last few lines in the eroge. It actually made me a bit sad the first time around seeing her reaction, that is, before she reverts back to her bitchy mode, i.e kicking Kyousuke. Also made me think it’s possible there may be more to Kirino’s “100%” tsun side than meets the eye, it raised a couple of ideas.

And those snippets of Saori, it’s so obvious it’s her so I don’t think that counts as spoilage… I love her non-otaku look. I don’t understand why her character doesn’t always dress like that. It’s not impossible to be both a bishoujo and otaku at the same time you know? It’s not like she has to hide her hobbies either.

Oh and Kuroneko is a lovely Onee-san C: I really liked it when her little sister sneezed and she instinctively drew up the blanket.

• November 29, 2010 at 4:46 amObsidianTK

I can think of a ton of reasons Saori might want to hide her beauty/identity — maybe she doesn’t want people she meets to judge her based on appearance (as happened to Kirino when she showed up for that original meet looking like a model), or maybe she’s only interested in friends who will like her for the person she is rather than the money/etc. she represents.

Or, she might just be lazy :P I can dress nicely and look fairly decent, but I’ll always be more comfortable in a pair of jeans and a T-shirt than in a suit. Not that her outfit looks incredibly extravagant, but I could totally see her as the kind of person who is just more at ease in her otaku gear.

• November 29, 2010 at 5:18 amSaya

Yeah thats what I thought, but seeing as their friendship is pretty much established with them already. It’d be nice if she could show her “other” self at least once in a while. Plus she wears such nice clothes/make-up :C the feminine+cheap side of me can’t help but think its such a waste.

I do understand why she might be more comfortable in her Otaku gear, its kind of like getting into character as well & thats probably why she does it.If its to do with laziness, honestly I think putting on a dress is much simpler than the geeky outfit she usually wears. Its what I do when I’m lazy and I have to go out aharhar.

• November 29, 2010 at 11:28 amdxb_blackwolf

Ugh so that girl was Saori -.-

• November 29, 2010 at 12:57 pmSuppa Tenko

I’d say its pretty cool that Saori is actually very pretty but chooses to wear nerdy clothing. It says something positive about her personality? Though I don’t get why someone would choose Bajina or Bajeena(Damn Char is so perverted) as their Alias… then again I have nothing to say about my own name.

• November 29, 2010 at 1:58 pmRickyMack

clark kent is the costume, superman is who he is

• November 29, 2010 at 6:22 pmxcswmboy

Like I said in a previous post, Saori is the Nogizaka Haruka of this series.

• December 3, 2010 at 4:16 amDuran

You know she might also do that to avoid overshadowing her more fashionable friends as well, but the other reasons mentioned are good.

• November 29, 2010 at 3:57 amNightraven

kuroneko wins me over. kirino is… an ass as always. maw. when will she realize that all those eroge can be applied to her case? looks like saori’s background is a little bit clearer now as well ^^. over all, great episode.

did i mention kuroneko wins? (minus cosplay outfit) oh, and her sister too! ^^

• November 29, 2010 at 3:59 ampedobear

Saori is a larger than life Ami Kawashima in the alternate world

The irony of the most recent video featuring Shironeko vs Kuroneko in youtube.
    Now a doujinshi can be created featuring Kirino in that outfit vs Kuroneko, now which two other characters are well suited to play the annoying birds (probably Kuroneko’s siblings)would make Kirino Shironeko preoccupied while Kuroneko prepares her claws for the first strike.

• November 29, 2010 at 4:00 amKerfirou

My opinion of Kuroneko has increased once again.

• November 29, 2010 at 4:02 amXxDestinyXx

I hate Kirino. When I first started watching this show, I expected the “cute sister” to be a lot more cute than she has been so far.

The only redeeming quality this girl has for me is that she loves the same genre of games that I do… *cough*.

Aside from the moments when Kirino was a total b*tch to Kyousuke, I got a good amount of satisfaction from watching this episode. Mostly when I saw her squirm while dealing with her “eroge twin”. :)

• November 29, 2010 at 4:04 amfluidity

During one of the previous episodes there was a hint where Saori was implied to have come from a rich family: The cosmetic box that she used to pack in the doujinshi that she sent to Kirino. Kirino even remarked how she can’t even get a hold of that stuff.

Anyway, I was hoping for them to show her face without the glasses but *sigh…*

• November 29, 2010 at 10:02 amroflwaflz

Also ep 4 when she messages Kyousuke on Kirino’s laptop.

• November 29, 2010 at 4:06 amOni

personally i was worried we would not see a 2nd season for this series

• November 29, 2010 at 4:09 amJaden

I don’t know about you guys but Kirino playing eroges again and again is starting to make me feel very uncomfortable, it’s getting to a point where it’s too awkward to watch, I mean this behavior should be what the life counseling was for and yes I know let fiction be fiction but still.

Anyway I still liked the episode for the most part, (almost) revealing Saori, Kuroneko, Kyousuke giving Kirino a piece of his mind and oh Kuroneko. ^^

I’m not sure if it’s new but I liked the new format, it’s fun scrolling down the page reading a chunk of your thoughts about certain scenes and not just the punch ines.

• November 29, 2010 at 4:56 amDivine

That’s good to hear, because this is how I originally intended the filmstrip format to be. i.e. Much less formal and more commentary-like while “walking through” the episode with the images.

• November 29, 2010 at 5:28 amBreedo

I kept expecting her mom or dad to walk in on the screen at a timely embarassing moment, and the resulting explosion. lol I was actually surprised when they didn’t go there. Also i had a feeling Saori was disguised, and when she said to go ahead and insult her to Kyosuke cause it was like a breath of fresh air so to speak that implied to me she’s used to over-polite environments. The hair and then the gold cell phone gave me a total “NOWAY!!” moment all the same!

• November 29, 2010 at 4:16 am♛Croosboy♛

This episode was fun seeing that kirino fight her own personality in a eroge. i think i know now where Ruri gets her comment from Meruru. source – Little Sister. and w0w i didnt notice that a little part of saori’s eyes where expose. nice catch.

I would have high remarks to kirino if she would say “onii-chan” instead of “baka ja” at the end of the eroge.

• November 29, 2010 at 4:38 ammegalith

Oh wow… All those assumptions I had about Kuroneko, completely flipped..

“I’m getting to the point that I’m going to enjoy every moment that Kirino screws herself over,”

Completely agree… It’s been going the same way for me, though I’m apparently getting more and more tired of this archetype. I don’t know why but I’m liking her less every episode. The extent of her abuse to kyosuke which I know is for comedic stuff but… It’s getting too old for me, and fast….

Now going back to the others… Saori had me less shocked since there were hints in the earlier episode but Kuroneko OTOH… Wow…

• November 29, 2010 at 4:42 amjrj

Saori revelation is certainly shocking… Kyousuke, if you don’t hook up with Manami, then you got to go for Saori…
    Kirino is still has annoying as ever… though she is funny to watch :D

• November 29, 2010 at 5:03 amThe Enigmatic MoonDogg

Sigh…. gotta love how fate would torture people every now and then. It drives progress. It would be better if Kirino was driven to the “50% Tsuntsun 50% Deredere” road of things….

• November 29, 2010 at 5:10 am♛Croosboy♛

lol forgot to add. The animators and the author did a great job on trolling on viewers

• November 29, 2010 at 5:16 amDeathclock

Ahahaha, so much hate D:

Also, wtb moar Manami and Housewife Ruri

• November 29, 2010 at 5:56 amDragonHunter

• November 29, 2010 at 10:59 amSelpheed

Wimdons GXP and Womdons Visbo?

If these names do not patenting maybe Microsoft can use them! LOL

• November 29, 2010 at 6:01 amOwaranai

“Oh the hilarity” indeed. That would be pretty fun to watch, but Kyousuke is obviously too nice to do that, unfortunately.

What caught my eye this episode was Kuroneko. I suppose that mature personality had to come from somewhere, and I was rather pleased they showed it.

Kirino nearly grossed me out, but at the same time it was pretty funny watching her getting owned by a game character with a personality similar to hers.

As for Saori…I had the idea that she was hiding her real identity, but not to the point that she might actually be a beauty. o.o

• November 29, 2010 at 11:53 amcshin9

Does it say at least 2 GB memory is recommended for Visbo?

• November 29, 2010 at 6:09 amAnnoymous

Is Ogura Yui also a fan of Merururu?

• November 29, 2010 at 6:28 amDozo

Divine, you say that you don’t feel that Kirino noticed that Rinko is a mirror image of herself (I’m amused with the cross-shaped neck accessory and twin hairclips in similar-colored hair). Maybe you’re right. However, I don’t think the other possibility should be ruled out because of two scenes.

The first scene is when Kirino picks the first answer for Rinko’s route: it looked as if she glanced in the direction of Kyousuke and considered what he would do in that situation.

The second scene is the final scene before the outro, which hints at the dere beneath all that tsun. She also mentions that she’s annoyed and can’t look at him in the face at the time, so subconsciously she may have realized it. Hence why the blushing at the end.

• November 29, 2010 at 6:35 amDozo

Actually, I don’t even know anymore. Kirino seemed too absorbed into the game to have noticed. xD

• November 29, 2010 at 6:58 amDozo

Arg.. one more scene is when she criticizes the finale of that route. With a forlorn expression, she protests Rinko’s farewell which may be symbolic of something she can’t act on. I get the feeling that, combined with the points I made earlier, that Kirino pictured her brother and herself in the same shoes as of those of the characters in the game. Kirino is very much aware of how society treats certain subjects after all.

• November 29, 2010 at 9:39 amKinny Riddle

If you read the novel, then you would realize that final Rinko scene was just a foreboding of what’s to come for Kirino and her relationship with her brother.

Kirino may never admit it, but she’s more of a brother-con than a sister-con, and I think I’m buying the theory raised by someone here before that her “fall” into sis-con otakudom was a result of loneliness from her brother neglecting her for Manami all the time.

Seeing it from such an angle, I find myself disliking Kirino less than before.

• December 3, 2010 at 3:59 amMeh

I think what you layed out was definitely the premise of the book, especially given the title. But I can’t see a way for things to end correctly. The series is about Kirino. The narrator’s Kyousoke. But that’s the one relationship that will never occur unless there’s some really weird twist coming up.

Not a big deal, because I personally watch/read due to the comedy and characters. Not the overall plot elements. But storywise I can’t see how it ends.

• December 4, 2010 at 7:57 amDozo

Can’t read the novel past volume 1, but I’m up to date with the events up to the latest release. Yay summaries. Btw, I came to the same conclusion and agree with the same theory. I’m hoping for a good ending for the Kirino route.

(wish I could actually read it myself :(

• November 29, 2010 at 6:30 amcrazystudyguy

It seems the anime is pretty popular, with plenty of content in the light novels (which have not yet ended) there seems to be a very good chance for a second season.

From the light novels I know that Kuroneko is definitely gonna become more kawai and popular XD can’t wait for it to be animated.

• November 29, 2010 at 6:35 amsadakups

Know what, the only way for Kirino to learn is for Kyousuke to actually hit her. Seriously.

• November 29, 2010 at 6:47 am1Lau

• November 29, 2010 at 7:12 amSis Just Got Real

Rinko-chwan~

Can we get a .gif of Kirino licking her lips?

• November 29, 2010 at 8:10 amentropy

I’m the one that added the entry for Ogura Yui in MAL, so I’d be on the lookout for more info on the little sister…unless I add “Ruri’s sister” considering Manami’s grandparents are named in such a way lol

KURONEKO!!!!!

• November 29, 2010 at 8:27 amMad_Dog

I hate to admit it but when i watch anime and stuff i tend to sequel and clap with excitement and my parents CONSTANTLY have to come in and tell me the shut up.

• November 29, 2010 at 8:27 amGaze of Providence

What retard made the game? Seriously, those system requirements are bloody criminal, she’s playing an eroge with static images not some Call of Duty rehash.

As usual, Kirino is still someone I liked to strangle and light on fire with, put in a drum, fill it with cement and abandon in a highway (maybe that was too much but two pyshical assaults out of fucking nowhere? She should be put in the Gender Equality: The Anime to teach her a lesson), however, her scenes where she basically has to deal a mirror of her godawful self was priceless. Hey Kirino, maybe you should follow your own advice, maybe you’ll get a good ending if you act now.

Kuroneko was really cute in this episode, and I like how SHE has the imouto and not Kirino, ha! take that, and how she was taken aback by Kyouske calling her. Flag raised, good job Kyouske.

Loved Saori’s oujo form as well, can’t wait for them to show her eyes. And of Ayase? Who cares? She should drown in a river for all I care.

• November 30, 2010 at 6:45 amShinjiro

Yes! Kuroneko was absolutely cute with her adorable little sister.

• November 29, 2010 at 8:38 amAndré

One of the best episodes so far. Much better than the last two.

• November 29, 2010 at 8:52 amSan

IMO best episode so far

• November 29, 2010 at 8:59 amewok40k

laser guided karma, in the purest form!
    make the tsun-tsun otaku imouto suffer at the hands of virtual alter ego!

• November 29, 2010 at 8:59 amN0216332

hmmm, i still more more ayase tbh.. likes yandere chars quite a bit ¬_¬ but kuroneko certainly have proven herself worthy of screen time as well.. as for saori, she hasnt proven to be worth screen time, but the fact that shes actually pretty and rich just adds the curious factor, much like ayase’s reason for hating geeks add the curious factor.

• November 29, 2010 at 9:04 amLaN

Loved this episode. Loved the call to Kuroneko. When you think about it, that game left some pretty heavy thoughts on Kirino, depending on what her feelings are for Kyousuke. We will have to see what happens.

• November 29, 2010 at 9:15 amKinny Riddle

Who would’ve thought Kirino in full geeky (and horny) otaku mode would be so darn funny? LOL

Despite being an original episode, the screenplay for this episode is written by novel author Fushimi Tsukasa himself, so it can be considered more or less canon, and it fits the narration gap between novel volumes 3 and 4 just right.

As the novel is usually told from Kyousuke’s POV, this episode allows us to briefly glimpse into the lives of other characters when Kyousuke is not around, e.g. Kuroneko, Saori and Ayase.

It’s a bit like Suzumiya Haruhi’s “Someday in the Rain” episode, whose screenplay is also written by its creator, deviating from the usual Kyon POV.

• November 29, 2010 at 9:21 amKyzel

I knew my yearning for Kaori’s face behind her geek-glasses was spot-on! I’ve always figured she was a model of some sort, ah why do they tease us so?! Kirino is still all tsun no dere, but at the very least Kyosuke told her to stfu at last LOL.

• November 29, 2010 at 9:25 amKinny Riddle

The other highlight besides the perverted Kirino would be the daily life of Kuroneko and her equally cute sisters.

I never knew Kuroneko had two little sisters before. She should hide them away lest Kirino gets her perverted hands on them. lol

It’s interesting to discover that Kyousuke chooses to call Kuroneko of all people to kill off time. Though as Divine have speculated, he probably decided to call Manami first but probably couldn’t connect to her, but still, instead of calling Saori, he decided to call Kuroneko.

Looks like the Kyousuke x Kuroneko ship has just begun setting sail.

• November 29, 2010 at 9:31 amKinny Riddle

BTW, anyone noticed all the funky OS specs on Kirino’s eroge box: Windoms Visbo – Sounds more like some sort of new condom than an operating software. lol

• November 29, 2010 at 4:17 pmBreedo

LOL missed that one thanks, this show is so full of detail, they must have some good time in the brainstorming meetings planning out all the little background stuff.

• November 29, 2010 at 10:24 amRyouichi

Argh I shouldn’t have spoiled myself through the light novel =/. Go real Shironeko.

• November 29, 2010 at 11:32 amKanade

Did anyone else notice that the writers messed up by setting Ore no Imouto’s current year as 2012? A few episodes back, Kirino’s “profile” in the fashion magazine (the same one that said “I love going shopping with my onii-chan”) listed her birth year as 1997, which would make sense if the current year was the same as ours, 2010–making Kirino 13 years old, which is the standard age for a first/second year middle schooler. But if the year is 2012, it would make Kirino 15, which is too old for middle school (unless Kirino was held back a few years).

• November 29, 2010 at 6:36 pmSaya

Correct me if I’m wrong in thinking this but wasn’t Kirino meant to be Fourteen at the beginning? Maybe I should go check that…I don’t know what date this story started and what date it is now in this episode but I guess it might be possible that it 2012 if the story started late in 2011.

• November 29, 2010 at 7:12 pmKevin

If I’m not mistaken, there was a calendar somewhere in the first or second episode, and it was June 2011. With this ninth episode, we are in February 2012.

Middle school in Japan consists of what we Westerners (or Americans at least) call seventh, eighth, and ninth grade. So a 15 year old Kirino would be in her last year of middle school, and would move onto high school in the spring (of 2012 presumably). Just my two cents on the matter.

• November 29, 2010 at 12:30 pmRai

lol she hates rinko but she acts like rinko oh how i love the irony

• November 29, 2010 at 1:28 pmBunny

Kuroneko saying the angels are moving!!?? IS this “Angel Beats!” all over again!?

I knew Soari would be one of my favorite characters! Plus, she’s HOT!

Kuroneko has not one….BUT TWO IMOUTOS!

Why can’t this show be about them? (SPINOFF!!!!!!)

“There’s No Way My Little Sister’s Friend’s Little Sisters Can Be This Cute!”

• November 29, 2010 at 6:38 pmSaya

LOL instead of Angel Beats I thought of Evangelion.

• November 29, 2010 at 7:09 pmKinny Riddle

You do realize both Kuroneko and Kanade of Angel Beats are voiced by the same angelic voice of Hanazawa Kana, right? 8)

• November 29, 2010 at 9:12 pmSaya

LOL I totally forgot about that. I knew it the back of my mind but I don’t really pay as much attention to Seiyuus as everyone else seems to. Plus I was marathoning all our old anime dvds a few weeks ago so I guess Evangelion is a bit more fresh in my mind.

• November 30, 2010 at 3:03 pmKelfistan

Yep I knew :) That was probably the main I said that.

• November 30, 2010 at 3:04 pmKelfistan

*Main Reason

• November 29, 2010 at 2:11 pmshinrin

I’m pretty sure Kirino acts tsundere is because she, obviously, has a brother complex, but after playing that game she followed the tsundere personality path, and she saw an ending that she would not enjoy. She would rather hit her brother and make him think she hates him than rather be separated from him because of her pursuing her feelings further.

• November 29, 2010 at 6:44 pmSaya

Oh! Glad to see I’m not the only one who thought of that possibility.

• November 29, 2010 at 2:31 pmMMBinNC

Wasn’t her role playing a reference to Kyoshiro to Towa no Sora? Also, want’s Kyosuke essentially asking Kuroneko out on a date, when he was saying that they could go together to the Maschera thing? Conveniently interrupted by Kirino’s orgasmic yells mind you.

• November 29, 2010 at 2:59 pmPhuong

Kirino can’t possibly be this oblivious to her own faults!

• November 29, 2010 at 4:26 pmSpacyRicochet

Okay, this episode is actually the first time that I came close to throwing my laptop out of the window in an attempt to hurt Kirino. Hated her this episode, which is a first.

Anyway, kudos to Kyosuke and Kuroneko! Both my faves after this episode :D

• November 29, 2010 at 5:08 pmrasone0104

This is one of the better episodes by far for several reasons.
    1. We got to see Kuroneko’s house.
    2. We find out that Saori’s rich.
    3. Kirino wasn’t at that level of bitchiness that was prominent for 2 weeks.

But I am extremely saddened by the fact that Kirino didnt realize that the other little sister was exactly like her.

I’m still seeing hard times to come for Kyosuke.

• November 29, 2010 at 5:23 pmrasone0104

+ seeing the ending of the eroge Kirino played really makes me feel that this series is really against Siscon.
      ~Not that I really care 8P

• November 29, 2010 at 5:42 pmfall3nbs

Oh boy, I had a feeling Kirino was a perv but DAMN! After licking her lips and “Rinko-chwaaaaaan~” I couldn’t believe it. During her bluetooth escapade, she could have used her hug pillow.

• November 29, 2010 at 5:59 pminnerchihiro

That is not the REAL Shironeko. HEE HEE HEE.

• November 29, 2010 at 6:15 pmBossun

Man, Kirino is really into those eroge. Her faces while she was playing made me think of the South Park characters during the World of Warcraft episode.

• November 29, 2010 at 6:18 pmIzaak

Divine, how does this contrast with Keima’s gaming habits? Admittedly the anime hasn’t animated his “Capturing God” mode, but I’d still like to hear your opinion.

• November 29, 2010 at 11:31 pmZnail

Keima plays on a PSP most of the time and Sony doesn’t allow mature content on any of their consoles, so he isn’t actually playing eroge, but just basic dating sims that ends with a kiss like the manga and anime. It seems like he is mostly playing the games as puzzles to solve rather then for the erotic aspect. Kirino on the other hand are playing real eroge with mature content on her PC. They may even be the same games as a lot of eroge are ported to consoles minus the mature content.

• November 30, 2010 at 2:31 amIzaak

Lol, no. Not just his PFP. He plays any console that has eroge. He has them all. And not all PFP games are safe. There was one, without a doubt, had mature content. It was never shown, but the reaction one of the characters had when seeing it was obvious.

Besides, I wasn’t talking about the pervertness between them 2, but their general behavior and actions.

• November 30, 2010 at 2:55 amRickyMack

haha you mean like documenting the flags and what not? totally reminded of the episode where he was playing that glitched out game.

• November 30, 2010 at 1:35 pmDivine

Their passion for dating sims and eroge is definitely similar, but Keima’s confidence in his gaming ability and his interest in only 2D girls actually make his behavior less awkward than Kirino’s. He maintains a composed appearance and is very methodical and relatively mature about how he approaches the games, whereas Kirino lets them get the better of her. This does reflect well on Kirino’s age and the fact that she’s an emotional girl though.

Also, Keima’s made these games his way of life, while Kirino only indulges in them as closet hobby where she “lets loose” without any inhibition.

• November 29, 2010 at 8:27 pmNhelraios

Oooh, that arrogant and caring attitude of Kuroneko is what made me loved her more in this episode! Reaching her phone carefully so she wont wake up her that cute angel and keeping her image on the phone is SUBARASHII! :D Kyousuke did a good job calling Kuroneko to comfort him. Ignore that 100% tsun 0% dere brat and go for the Kuroneko route!

• November 29, 2010 at 8:33 pmAzuma

I love Kuroneko’s little sister, so cute! Want to hug her, pinch her cheeks and give her tons of sweets! Now thats a nice little sister!

Kuroneko’s a pretty awesome onee-san as well, taking care of her sister etc.

I have a feeling that Saori is actually someone famous and not just some plain daughter of a bazillionaire type.

• November 30, 2010 at 7:08 amShinjiro

Hehehe, Kuroneko’s clan is pretty much filled with cuteness. Honestly, at this point, I’m watching the series for Manami and her. Both are great characters in my book. Kirino has a filler role in my mind right now.

• November 29, 2010 at 8:52 pmdevilfish

Sup , Well by now most of the good points have made but ill add my two cents about this episode.

1) KIRINO IS A PERVERT , Does she have a brother-complex? , i think not, probably some emotional BS that will be flushed out later. Jealousy , loneliness , the relationship between Kyosuke and Manami who knows stay tune to find out.

ON the whole tsun vs dere , the “dere^” puts you into that whole “Forbidden Relationship” territory. lets try to keep the series on the moral and ethical high ground. So can we raise the tsun level to 200% please and thank you.

2)Kyosuke needs to get life,seriously doesnt he have any friends , Manami is more like his wife/mother and the other girls are part of Club Otaku. Btw seriously are you going to sit there all day as your sister “spends quality alone time(aka gets her rocks off)” ,Give her the house grab your coat and take a walk man, other than that your a pervert and the series is lost.

3) The bi-polar trio , it would seem that the whole otaku club swaps personalities , they seem to have their normal and sub-dominant otaku personalities . except for Kirino her otaku personality is her normal dominant one.

overall it was a fun episode 3 more to go >;P

• November 30, 2010 at 12:51 amKinny Riddle

To be fair to Kyousuke, did you not see he was busy trying to study but couldn’t due to Kirino’s horny squealing? Perhaps he had a test coming up and couldn’t find time to hang out with Manami.

FYI Kyousuke does have another pal called Akagi, who appeared a few episodes back, though he’s yet to appear more often.

And what’s wrong with him being friends with Club Otaku? For a while I thought you sounded just like Ayase in yandere anti-otaku mode. From this episode, they certainly behaved more normally than Kirino has. lol

• November 30, 2010 at 2:38 pmboingman

If he has a friend called Akagi, whom he has known for quite a while, then why would he call Kuroneko? Unless he’s interested in Kuroneko romantically, I don’t see why he would call her instead of Akagi. Doesn’t look like a particular strong friendship to me, if he already prefers calling one of “those otaku girls” instead of his male friend.

• November 29, 2010 at 10:10 pmSis Just Got Real

Did anyone else play Kirino’s squealing over and over in their headset while rolling around their bed hugging a pillow?

…No?

…Neither did I.

• November 29, 2010 at 11:39 pmZnail

It’s a bit amusing that Kirino doesn’t even get into the top 3 of girls in this series. Even discounting the incest issue so isn’t she really that tempting compared to the other options. Kyosuke would have felt like in heaven if he had been transported to any of the other houses we got to see in this episode. Getting kicked by Kirino, dinner by Kuroneko or coffee with Saori? Life and those ‘difficult’ choices :)

• November 30, 2010 at 5:53 amTorrigan

Zzzz why is everyone hating of Kirino I don’t find her bitchy in the least probably cuse I find Tsunderes are my favourite kind of character but still I sonehow find it offensive and disrespectful when dislike reaches the point where people find they like seeing bad/difficult things happening to a character it’s just not good

I like Kirino flame If you must but I find her a facinating character maybe she us mostly tsun are very little dere or maybe your just not looking hard enough?? Besides that glare of hers rivals that of Ookami Ryouko.

Slight problem with divine here do you have a little sister?? If so then….I got nothing but if you don’t maybe it’s just you don’t understand the point the creator is going for most siblings fight, shout abuse and generally act like the other is the spawn of a demon but there’s a line where all that changes and I think that’s what they had in mind when they made it

I’m kind scared shit that ayase is gonna turn full Yandere….yanderes give me nightmares they’re evil opposite tsunderes

devil I wholeheartedly agree with your thoughts on the Kirino Kyousuke relationship I think she’s afraid that shel lose the relationship she already has

• November 30, 2010 at 2:41 pmboingman

Oh yeah, I have a request. Anyone who could translate what is said in those speech bubbles appearing beneath the different characters in this episode’s OP? Thx

• November 30, 2010 at 7:00 pmU Doh

They are all basically calling Kyousuke big brother, except that Kirino says “stupid” big bro and Kanako obviously is keeping her mouth shut.

• December 3, 2010 at 2:49 pmboingman

Thx.

• November 30, 2010 at 2:55 pmTendou

• November 30, 2010 at 8:03 pmkeiOnDaisuki

i’m so glad. i’m not the only one who doesn’t like kirino. LOL. i’m rooting for any girl except for her actually. XDDD gotta love kuroneko!!

• November 30, 2010 at 10:16 pmsdliddo

OMFG. Bagina-sama is… rich. Then again the glasses and name shoulda clued me in on to her err… real nature but my god the only time I put two and two together was when I read this post.
    Ooooohhh…wanna see her in her oujo-sama mode.

• December 1, 2010 at 12:00 amhyd

I realized kuroneko’s eyecolor changes from blue to red. Or she must use colored contacts.

• December 1, 2010 at 6:41 pmU Doh

She does use them.
      BTW the fact that her little sister didn’t get surprised or scared at all at the sight of those red eyes, suggests Kuroneko wears Goth-loli and red contacts in her house quite often.

• December 1, 2010 at 5:11 pmArisa

About Kuroneko having two little sisters and Kirino having none:

• December 1, 2010 at 10:11 pmLectro Volpi

Kuroneko earned +1000 points in my book, damn that muffin!

• December 2, 2010 at 2:55 pmKevin