Soredemo Machi wa Mawatteiru – 09 »« Soredemo Machi wa Mawatteiru – 07

Soredemo Machi wa Mawatteiru – 08

Soredemo Machi wa Mawatteiru   08   01 Soredemo Machi wa Mawatteiru   08   02 Soredemo Machi wa Mawatteiru   08   03
Soredemo Machi wa Mawatteiru   08   04 Soredemo Machi wa Mawatteiru   08   05 Soredemo Machi wa Mawatteiru   08   06
Soredemo Machi wa Mawatteiru   08   07 Soredemo Machi wa Mawatteiru   08   08 Soredemo Machi wa Mawatteiru   08   09
Soredemo Machi wa Mawatteiru   08   10 Soredemo Machi wa Mawatteiru   08   11 Soredemo Machi wa Mawatteiru   08   12
Soredemo Machi wa Mawatteiru   08   13 Soredemo Machi wa Mawatteiru   08   14 Soredemo Machi wa Mawatteiru   08   15
Soredemo Machi wa Mawatteiru   08   16 Soredemo Machi wa Mawatteiru   08   17 Soredemo Machi wa Mawatteiru   08   18
Soredemo Machi wa Mawatteiru   08   19 Soredemo Machi wa Mawatteiru   08   20 Soredemo Machi wa Mawatteiru   08   21
Soredemo Machi wa Mawatteiru   08   22 Soredemo Machi wa Mawatteiru   08   23 Soredemo Machi wa Mawatteiru   08   24
Soredemo Machi wa Mawatteiru   08   25 Soredemo Machi wa Mawatteiru   08   26 Soredemo Machi wa Mawatteiru   08   27
Soredemo Machi wa Mawatteiru   08   28 Soredemo Machi wa Mawatteiru   08   29 Soredemo Machi wa Mawatteiru   08   30
Soredemo Machi wa Mawatteiru   08   31 Soredemo Machi wa Mawatteiru   08   32 Soredemo Machi wa Mawatteiru   08   33
Soredemo Machi wa Mawatteiru   08   34 Soredemo Machi wa Mawatteiru   08   35 Soredemo Machi wa Mawatteiru   08   36
Soredemo Machi wa Mawatteiru   08   37 Soredemo Machi wa Mawatteiru   08   38 Soredemo Machi wa Mawatteiru   08   39

「全自動楽団」 (Senjidou Gakudan)
“Full-auto Orchestra”

I think I’ve created the perfect formula for having a great slice of life. It needs to have a character who everyone LOVES, some sort of concert involving instruments being played, and some kind of pantsu shot (being tasteful wins bonus points). Sounds like Sore Machi to me!

While I still don’t like Tatsuno, I find everything she does just outright funny. With her egotistical, almost stuck up attitude, it never fails to make me laugh when something just doesn’t end up the way she wants it to. A great example is how she acts around Sanada. Because she goes into 110% dere mode every time she’s within twenty feet of him, I don’t think she will ever be able to get her true feelings across. Good thing Sore Machi isn’t a romance anime, seeing how it’s always funny watching her stumble through her words or unintentionally changing her thoughts mid-sentence, causing Sanada to totally miss the fact that she’s madly in love with him. At the same time, I love how she tries to exert her superiority over Hotori even though she really doesn’t have too much on her. While she may have the edge over Hotori with book-smarts, she’s totally lacking in the street-smarts department. Other then books and maid skills, I think she’s on the same level as Hotori. Another great example – as she comments about how stupid Hotori’s idea was to take off their clothes and toss them in the dryer because they were soaking wet AND standing in-front of a laundromat, she accidentally knocks over the rain cover they’re all standing under and drenches everyone with water. In the end forcing everyone to take off their clothes to dry them in the dryer. It’s moments like these that make me glad that Tatsuno exists. Even though she isn’t my favorite character, I’m glad that she helps spur on all the jokes.

On the other hand my favorite girl in the series Futaba finally makes her awesome return. After a few weeks without having a lot of screentime, this week’s episode really managed to provide some of that extra “Futaba-service” I’ve been dying for (thank you rain!). While she may not have the biggest chest in the group, her feisty attitude completely makes up for it – especially when she smacks Hotori for commenting on her “size”. As an added bonus, the show finally puts her into a maid outfit! In the name of creating a “rock band”, our four girl group plays some pretty interesting instruments for a rock band. With Futaba on bass, Hotori on accordion, Tatsuno on Violin, and Haribara on drums, I must say that I wasn’t really expecting any of them (except Futaba) to be able to play any kind of instrument. I know the ending of the show has them in a band all together, but I never thought that the band was real!

INS1: 「そうは言っても世界は終わらない」 (Sou wa Itte mo Sekai wa Owaranai) by Maids
Watch the 1st INS: Streaming ▼

I don’t know about you guys but I think Futaba’s voice is simply amazing. When her voice gets a little raspy or she puts a little too much attitude in the lyrics, I think it fits her character perfectly. While the violin and the accordion gave the entire song a country feeling in the beginning, I felt it slowly go away as the song progressed. By the end of the song, the whole band is just exploding with all sorts of energy as they finish the song together. This song just gets better and better the more I listen to it! While the band itself probably falls short of Futaba’s original idea, I think that our four member “maid band” created a pretty catchy song. I can’t wait for the single to come out ;) Nevermind. It’s already out with the ending single. I NEVER NOTICED. +_+

* While I didn’t talk about it in the post, I really wish Japanese vending machines would make it stateside. I could really go for some instant udon. Add eating it together with Futaba and that company would make tons of money off of me.

Soredemo Machi wa Mawatteiru   08   Preview 01 Soredemo Machi wa Mawatteiru   08   Preview 02 Soredemo Machi wa Mawatteiru   08   Preview 03
November 30, 2010 at 12:53 am
  • November 30, 2010 at 1:33 amVermillion

Even though we already saw Kon in maid outfit from the ending…

HNNNNNNNGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG

• November 30, 2010 at 6:28 amShinjiro

A totally approve of this post. Kon is absolutely stunning but then again, she is always stunning in one way or the other.

• November 30, 2010 at 8:23 pmlvlln

The episode needed more glamour shots of Futaba in that outfit. That one pan-up wasn’t enough.

• November 30, 2010 at 2:41 amfatjing

I do agree with you that Futaba’s voice is awesome!
    Seems that she’s voiced by a rather new seiyuu.

• November 30, 2010 at 2:58 amcrazystudyguy

Another tasteful nude scene plus a nice shot of Futaba, more points in my book, lol I guessed that the unknown lady at the start, walking in the rain under the umbrella was Haribara, I don;t know why they gave her such an abstract face->?.

• November 30, 2010 at 4:04 amoutcast

Bonus points for the one that finds the backstreet boy reference.

• November 30, 2010 at 4:48 amcrazystudyguy

Bonus points if anyone can find the K-on reference, unless if the subbers put that in purposely

• November 30, 2010 at 8:06 amoutcast

they were young girls playing music instruments?

• November 30, 2010 at 8:37 amentropy

Something from here?

• November 30, 2010 at 3:18 pmGreg

The ping pong girl was playing drums in the keiongakubu (that is what the untranslated sign says) room. :)

• November 30, 2010 at 5:40 amahbonk

I think the deja vu is referring to the first episode where Tatsuno and Hotori did the same thing but Tatsuno pulled it off better.

• November 30, 2010 at 5:41 amahbonk

Gah wrong place for reply :<
        Replying to outcast below
        V
        V
        V

• November 30, 2010 at 4:30 amoutcast

Also it seems they put another blu-ray only moment in there poco.

Can anyone remind me what episode/scene de deja vu reffered to?

• November 30, 2010 at 4:44 amcrazystudyguy

From my calculations you seem to be correct professor

• November 30, 2010 at 9:08 amTakaii

I tried making a full size pic out of that shot but the stupid animators decided to pan in a funky way AND have her change her pose. T__T

• November 30, 2010 at 9:05 amTakaii

Like ahbonk said above, if you remember when Tatsuno wore the maid outfit for the first time, Hatori conceded defeat the exact same way. When Futaba busted out an even better outfit, she did it again!

• November 30, 2010 at 11:14 amP0NCH

For good reason, Hotori is no match for Kon-sempai! :)

• November 30, 2010 at 4:58 amPazoozoo

Futaba is simply the whole package xD great personality, looks, damn she plays bass (I love bass) and she as a great voice. “I could really go for some instant udon. Add eating it together with Futaba and that company would make tons of money off of me” couldn’t agree more Takaii xD

• November 30, 2010 at 5:15 amcrazystudyguy

I agree shes great, plus i re watched the episode yer her voice is pretty amazing actually but i prefer long hair, I wonder what she would like like with long XD. Another one goes onto my list of characters i wish i could see with long hair

• November 30, 2010 at 5:16 amPazoozoo

I prefer girls with long hair too, but I reserve a special place in my heart for the tomboyish ones XD

• November 30, 2010 at 9:07 amTakaii

I tend to favor girls with long hair but with girls like Futaba and Ritsu (K-ON), I’m slowly warming up to girls with short hair.

• December 1, 2010 at 4:11 pmKamioriuka

I actually like short haired anime girls better. I just think short hair is more cute while long hair is more pretty. And i prefer cute~

• November 30, 2010 at 6:30 amShinjiro

Kon would be a fun date for sure. I like her as much as I like Hotori…Both are lots of fun.

• November 30, 2010 at 5:18 amunderMebius

Haha, the ending made much more sense now that I’ve watched this episode. Ohmygosh, this episode is freaking’ hilarious. Especially when Hotori and Tatsuno were fighting, lol.

• November 30, 2010 at 6:17 amTK

Eroyuki choked on his coffee when he caught a glimpsed of the head maids’ stockings is just priceless comedic gold! XD

The Kon fan-service are largely appreciated too.

• November 30, 2010 at 1:53 pmTakaii

Eroyuki.. he lived a good life.

• December 2, 2010 at 8:39 amkn09

Poor, poor Eroyuki… >_>

• November 30, 2010 at 7:09 amTrystinia

This was a good episode. I loved the insert song! I also loved when Hotori went back to the laundry mat to get more udon only to see futaba eating there as well XD

• November 30, 2010 at 8:47 amVZX

The insert song is already included in the ED single released last week.

• November 30, 2010 at 9:01 amTakaii

You are correct. I didn’t notice.

• November 30, 2010 at 9:05 amBreedo

Just a note about the music, it reminds me of our new style celtic music with those instrument arrangements. That’s the first damn time i’ve heard it with japanese lyrics! Definitely feels celtic though. The could throw a bagpipe in any time at all lol.

• November 30, 2010 at 9:10 amBreedo

I wrote new i should have wrote modern/traditional. It’s very familiar in these parts to hear songs like that on the radio. It’s a mix of old and new styles. <_< anyhow

• November 30, 2010 at 9:32 amTakaii

When you say Celtic, I do feel a little vibe of that. I got the country feeling probably because I was focusing on the violin. Still, I had a hard time trying to pick a genre that it fell in :/

• November 30, 2010 at 12:07 pmBreedo

mmhmm especially the insert song this episode, it’s like Irish Descendants or something but there’s flute to go with it. lol Futaba puts that extra punky yelling umpf at the end i roared laughing. Seriously the difference in the starting and ending themes, when i first heard the ending i was in shock lol. I love it, both are so creative.

• November 30, 2010 at 10:02 amKyzel

Kon-senpai in Maid outfit = WIN. <3 the screens. That and Rieka Yazawa really does complete her. Smitten again, and Takaii, I agree, my usual preference is long-haired leads, but an exception for Kon anyday. The full ED is entertaining to hear too. Need more future Rieka roles! Finally… Sanada has been branded an oldophile LOL.

• November 30, 2010 at 11:24 amP0NCH

This episode rocked for so many reasons! Also, Japan has such cool vending machines lol.

• November 30, 2010 at 12:35 pmKyzel

Agreed, they have a great variety of vending machines… I’d relink what I posted on IRC but meh. Kon ftw.

• November 30, 2010 at 1:52 pmTakaii

Long hair leads are good, but when a short haired girl gets my attention <3

• November 30, 2010 at 11:13 am1Lau

Awesome episode. There was so much going on as well.

• November 30, 2010 at 11:25 amAlec

Ive been seeing TOO many good spice of life animes lately. I need to watch a crappy spice of life anime to balance my thoughts xD

• November 30, 2010 at 1:48 pmTakaii

There is nothing wrong with too many good slice of life shows!

• November 30, 2010 at 2:18 pmRockmanshii

Fun, fun and more fun again this week. So many funny jokes. And now the ED’s lyrics makes much more sense, blowfish cheeks, training my legs etc.
    For some reason I can’t help but think the Kon panty shot will still be censored in dvd/bd.Damn it.

• November 30, 2010 at 4:41 pmIchin’s

Need more Futaba screentime… Gonna listen to the insert song for a while lol… HOI HOI !

• November 30, 2010 at 5:56 pm6six6

I knew they were going to do the band thing for the school festival, I just expected it to be the season finale and they would perform the end theme instead of something different. Now I think they will perform again as a promotional gimmick for the cafe.

• November 30, 2010 at 6:47 pmNhelraios

Oh man that sucks, I expected that girl with umbrella be some kind of a beauty. Damn you

Oh well more screen time for Kon made up for it. Not much funny moments but good episode anyways.

• November 30, 2010 at 8:23 pmhidiie

the song they sang at the cultural festival is awesome, can someone make a download link for it 0_0?

• November 30, 2010 at 8:23 pmhidiie