Kuragehime – 11 (END) »« Kuragehime – 09

Kuragehime   10   22 Kuragehime   10   23 Kuragehime   10   24
Kuragehime   10   25 Kuragehime   10   26 Kuragehime   10   27
Kuragehime   10   28 Kuragehime   10   29 Kuragehime   10   30
Kuragehime   10   31 Kuragehime   10   32 Kuragehime   10   33
Kuragehime   10   34 Kuragehime   10   35 Kuragehime   10   36
Kuragehime   10   37 Kuragehime   10   38 Kuragehime   10   39

「愛とぬるま湯の日々」 (Ai to Nurumayu no Hibi)
“Days of Love and Lukewarm Water”

I have to say, I now possess a very enlightening view on straight and curve stitching with Japanese and Western clothing. It somewhat explains why yukatas look the way they do, but I’m curious on the reasons behind such intentional stitching (maybe it’s just easy). Of course I could just wiki that information, but I don’t intend to, because I am stubborn.

In terms of character, Tsukimi and Kuranosuke haven’t changed much. This is not Kurage’s fault since if you put it in scale, the amount of development this series has covered so far pales in length compared to the manga so far. And so, Tsukimi is still admiring Kuranosuke for his dashingly good looks, continuously riding an up and down depression elevator that can’t seem to stop completely. This personality is highly symbolic of otaku behavior, causing her to hole up in fantasies and past memories when encountering unpleasant issues. Meanwhile, Kuranosuke is simply dragging her along, turning from self interest into love interest, with any deeper interpretations of his intentions secretly dusted under the rug. Their latest endeavor of creating a jellyfish dress to generate money to save the Amamizu-kan is more than clever except none of them know how to make a dress, creating most of the laughs for the episode. Tsukimi’s biggest torment is still Shuu, and she crumbles in the Koibuchi house, but finds motivation by shifting her usual hobby of illustrating jellyfish to a more physical plane, leading to an impressive result.

On the other hand, Shuu and Inari, the supporting characters at this point, seem to be making a dramatic change with their feelings. While it’s shown that Shuu still hasn’t completely given up on Tsukimi, Inari is a big enough problem in his life to intervene at any chance possible. Although Shuu caring for Inari is not too far off from his personality, Inari’s state of shock from witnessing Shuu’s tears seemed to change her. Now, she may be tsundere for a bit from now on, but she’ll eventually cave in (half joking, but it would be fun to see, except the series is ending next episode ;_;).

After seeing the dress in complete form, Kuranosuke brings up a possible additional explanation to why he cross dresses, but leaves the reason half open typical for Kuragehime, revealing that if he was born a girl, maybe he would have been able to live with his mother. Obviously this begs the question, for what reason does Keiichirou have to do with the separation of him and and Lina? Inheritance is the obvious answer that comes to mind, but couldn’t Shuu have been good enough? Besides, it seems like Keiichirou had already given that idea up a while ago, so it may be another reason.

With only one more episode before the end, Kuragehime surprisingly reaches a climax that I just wasn’t expecting. The jellyfish crew get their first dress completed, Inari and Shuu seem to uncover new feelings, and the Amamizu-kan seems to be in real trouble now, making me wonder if this was all just as planned or if it has already diverged to an original ending. Judging by the choice of only 11 episodes, I’d say the timing was intentional, a decision which I would applaud if true. Either way, it was a nice surprise to get some feeling of movement or closure to what started in the beginning, but now I’m a bit sad that it’s going to be all over next week.

Kuragehime   10   Preview 01 Kuragehime   10   Preview 02 Kuragehime   10   Preview 03
December 24, 2010 at 10:53 pm
  • December 24, 2010 at 11:00 pm1st

Amamizu-kan goes down¿

• December 24, 2010 at 11:04 pmNikki

Ending next episode? Already? I’m not heavily into romance comedy series, but for some reason I could not pull away from this anime, and to know it’s ending makes me sad. But I will hope for a good ending. I would have liked to see more development in Tsukimi and Kuranosuke’s relationship, but it just means that I will need to pick up the manga to fill my need of more KuraKimi. I just felt the pace in this series was well enough to keep my attention, and the drama/comedy was well balanced.

• December 25, 2010 at 12:14 amAnn

I’m desperate for this anime to have a sequel in a hopefully near future. One episode just won’t cut it for closure.

• December 25, 2010 at 1:08 ammoonjelly

:( sad it’s almost over.. it went by so fast.. it needs another season.. idk if they can wrap it all up in one episode, but if there isn’t i’ll read the manga.
    my favorite anime of the year. i hope they make the ending awesome as the whole series was.

• December 25, 2010 at 8:56 amalex

you didn’t watch squid ?

• December 26, 2010 at 1:46 pm1Lau

Yeah Squid was awesome indeed, along with Soredemo, Imouto and Arakawa.

• December 25, 2010 at 1:11 amkarry

Whore ending…not want.

• December 25, 2010 at 3:17 amTsytema

What the next episode is the last? so sad

• December 25, 2010 at 3:34 amKalliente

If I had to use one word to describe this series, it would be “charming”.
    It has charmed me from the start. One of my favorites of the year.

• December 25, 2010 at 4:57 amewok40k

I hate the 12 episodes (+- 1 or 2) format now, just when the series is picking up pace it is forced into premature conclusion, with only hope being a second season…

• December 25, 2010 at 11:30 amaloneinwonderland

I wonder if the series is popular enough to grant a second season. Many months down the line~ ;-;

• December 25, 2010 at 2:43 pmYuumei

I don’t see how they can wrap it up in one episode… there are so many unresolved issues. Shu was pretty funny in this episode when he started hitting Inari, lol. I didn’t realize there was any reason she might die until Shu left though…

• December 25, 2010 at 4:21 pmKiiragi

I don’t think they are going to wrap it up. They’ll leave all loose ends, and probably wrap it up with an epilogue of some sorts, like “what might happen in the future,” and leave you guessing. It’s not a bad way to end a series that if you wish, can continue reading in the manga, and leaves the possibility of a second season.

• December 25, 2010 at 10:56 pmChowing

Out of curiosity….are you yuumei from deviantart?

I sincerely apologize if this is a creeper question or if it’s against the rules or something to ask questions like these.

• December 25, 2010 at 4:32 pmOmegan

Her look alone made Inari seem slightly likable]. Im looking forward to her development more than anyone else.

• December 25, 2010 at 4:33 pmOmegan

OH forgot to mention, the girl who was touching the afro girl is hot!

• December 25, 2010 at 4:57 pmKiiragi

lol, maybe she’s important huh? That would be interesting.

• December 25, 2010 at 4:57 pmGrumpy

If only that second last screen cap wasn’t a trap :(

• December 25, 2010 at 10:30 pmChowing

I still don’t understand why Shuu all of a sudden started caring about Inari

Ughhhh this show was so good, maybe the best this year, I don’t want it to end yet!! Every week I could look forward to Thursdays because of this show

• December 25, 2010 at 10:37 pmSirHellsing420

Personally I’m hoping there will be a second season. The most recent manga volume for this was just released last month, so unless they’re going to make up their own ending to the anime there’s still more story to go through. And it’s already been brought up at how there’s too much going on to just tie up all those loose ends in one episode and make it fullfilling.

In short, thanks for being a great series, Kuragehime, but do us all a favor and don’t have a crappy and speedy finale, please.

• December 25, 2010 at 11:10 pmboop

Firstly, I really want to see the relationship between Shuu and Inari develop, given just what happen in this episode. But with one episode left,i can not expect much.

• December 26, 2010 at 5:54 amtomoyostar

The poor necklace :(

• December 26, 2010 at 8:47 amewok40k

well, Inari getting a little more moral and Shuu shedding some of his morals would balance itself nicely, right?

• December 26, 2010 at 6:55 pmMikiya

Please let there be a second season! Stop it here, wait for another volume to be released, and start up the next season. Just don’t let it end so abruptly.