IS Infinite Stratos – 02 »

IS Infinite Stratos – 01

OP Sequence

Infinite Stratos   OP   01 Infinite Stratos   OP   02 Infinite Stratos   OP   03
Infinite Stratos   OP   04 Infinite Stratos   OP   05 Infinite Stratos   OP   06
Infinite Stratos   OP   07 Infinite Stratos   OP   08 Infinite Stratos   OP   09

OP: 「STRAIGHT JET」 by 栗林みな実 (Kuribayashi Minami)
Watch the OP!: Download, Streaming ▼

Infinite Stratos   01   01 Infinite Stratos   01   02 Infinite Stratos   01   03
Infinite Stratos   01   04 Infinite Stratos   01   05 Infinite Stratos   01   06
Infinite Stratos   01   07 Infinite Stratos   01   08 Infinite Stratos   01   09
Infinite Stratos   01   10 Infinite Stratos   01   11 Infinite Stratos   01   12
Infinite Stratos   01   13 Infinite Stratos   01   14 Infinite Stratos   01   15
Infinite Stratos   01   16 Infinite Stratos   01   17 Infinite Stratos   01   18
Infinite Stratos   01   19 Infinite Stratos   01   20 Infinite Stratos   01   21
Infinite Stratos   01   22 Infinite Stratos   01   23 Infinite Stratos   01   24
Infinite Stratos   01   25 Infinite Stratos   01   26 Infinite Stratos   01   27
Infinite Stratos   01   28 Infinite Stratos   01   29 Infinite Stratos   01   30
Infinite Stratos   01   31 Infinite Stratos   01   32 Infinite Stratos   01   33
Infinite Stratos   01   34 Infinite Stratos   01   35 Infinite Stratos   01   36
Infinite Stratos   01   37 Infinite Stratos   01   38 Infinite Stratos   01   39
Infinite Stratos   01   40 Infinite Stratos   01   41 Infinite Stratos   01   42

「クラスメイトは全員女」 (Kurasumeito wa Zenin Onna)
“The Classmates Are All Girls”

As with most premieres, the start of Infinite Stratos was primarily about character introductions and establishing the plot, most of which I already mentioned in the Winter 2011 Preview. What was nice though was the cold opening of some IS training that helped offset the lack of any scrimmages for the rest of the episode. In most part, this premiere mainly reiterated the impression I got from the promotional videos. A lot of the scenes and dialogue were taken from this first episode after all, so there wasn’t much in the way of surprises. I had a good idea of type of series I was getting into and I got a good first taste of it.

Looking back, the pacing felt somewhat slow due to the relatively uneventful nature of this first showing, but I like how it eased me into the series. With Orimura Ichika (Uchiyama Kouki) already attending IS Academy as the only male in the world to be able to pilot the Japanese-developed exoskeletons, it felt like I was watching the second episode, so I appreciated the extra time spent familiarizing us with his childhood friend Shinonono Houki, and making the uneasiness he feels in a school full of girls who are interested in him for various “reasons” apparent. I rather enjoyed seeing our tsundere childhood friend character showing her brash yet girlish side right away, as it made it really easy to take a liking to Houki, even without taking Hikasa Youko‘s acting into consideration. In contrast, Ichika’s older sister Chifuyu, who’s both their homeroom teacher, dormitory leader, and the talk of the school due to her championship in the first IS world tournament, provided most of the actual abuse that Ichika had to endure. Voiced by Toyoguchi Megumi, Chifuyu’s stern attitude with her easygoing little brother is something that grabbed my attention almost immediately, since it featured Megumi in a prominent role again and took away some of Ichika’s poor treatment from Houki.

I was prepared for an abusive relationship between our hero and heroine, but deep down inside I was hoping Houki would have a better balance of her polar personalities. Luckily, that appears to be the case so far, considering how she lashed out at Ichika out of embarrassment more than anything else upon finding out that he’s her roommate, and out of a bit of jealousy upon seeing how popular he is among the girls — two reasons I can accept. Whatever the case, the interactions between those two should be the center of attention for most of the series, so if you haven’t found them amiable and fun to watch yet, then there’s a good possibility that this “high-speed school battle romantic comedy” may not be for you.

In terms of progression, it seems like we’re going to get slowly introduced to more of the cast as we go, starting off with Britain’s proud elite representative, Cecilia Alcott. In light of her superior and self-centered complex, Ichika’s stupidity and nonchalant attitude was a breath of fresh air since he unintentionally put her in her place by saying that he also beat a teacher in battle, and later wondering what sort of handicap he shoud give her in their upcoming scrim to determine the class representative. Given my anticipation of hearing Yukana in another high school role, I have to admit that Cecilia left me with mixed feelings. I still love her roles, but here she was obviously cast for the haughty princess-like personality she can portray, similar to the one she used for Mashiro in Mai-Otome. It does double as a bless in disguise however, since various parts of Infinite Stratos’ premise reminds me of a lot of Sunrise’s series. e.g. Girls in powered suits, opening theme by Kuribayashi Minami.

Anyway, I like what I’ve seen so far despite the arguably slow start. We’re guaranteed at least one IS battle next time with Ichika up against Cecilia to decide the class rep though, so those wanting to see more high-speed aerial battles (myself included) will have something to look forward to. My guess is that Ichika will continue to do what he did here and bring Cecilia back down to Earth, which should be interesting since he’s shown that he’s terribly unprepared for piloting an IS. On a production-related note, some people may not like the use of CG for a lot of the battle sequences, but I find a similar approach for the distant shots in STRIKE WITCHES 2 worked well. It’s not too surprising that 8-Bit chose to go that route, when Macross Frontier also used a fair bit of CG.

ED Sequence

Infinite Stratos   ED   01 Infinite Stratos   ED   02 Infinite Stratos   ED   03

ED: 「SUPER∞STREAM」 by 日笠陽子 (Hikasa Youko)
Watch the ED!: Download, Streaming ▼

Infinite Stratos   01   Preview 01 Infinite Stratos   01   Preview 02 Infinite Stratos   01   Preview 03
January 6, 2011 at 4:38 pm
  • January 6, 2011 at 4:46 pmV2

seems really busou shinki-ish in some mecha concepts.

• January 6, 2011 at 8:53 pmFlamingYu

yea Busou Shinki.

• January 6, 2011 at 4:46 pmTotoro!!

looks like this will be fun… mecha with ecchi… my cup of tea….

• January 6, 2011 at 7:49 pmTotoro!!

just finish watching the first ep… nice to see a harem main male not a wuss…. and yes the voice acting for this is terrific…. can’t wait for ep 2… wanna see that Cecilia bitch gets hammered…

• January 6, 2011 at 11:00 pmAkai Ito

that is extremely offensive… -.-

• January 6, 2011 at 4:47 pmNinja Penguin

• January 6, 2011 at 6:03 pmDavid Herbert

The funny thing is that Cecilia Alcott is voiced by C.C

• January 6, 2011 at 4:51 pmretake09

hikasa yoko!!! :D

• January 6, 2011 at 4:54 pmkeiOnDaisuki

man, chifuyu was the hottest! LOL. i see cecilia as really interesting. XD her personality is my type. xD and yey to pikasha!!! i missed her. guess,i’ll be watching the next episode. XD

• January 6, 2011 at 4:59 pmtama

damn… Cant wait for sub, Harem+mecha combination=WIN XD

• January 7, 2011 at 1:54 pmMisty

How do I get a blog? And a avatar pic?

• January 8, 2011 at 9:50 pmXxotameganexX

• January 6, 2011 at 5:09 pmShadiic

I agree that the episode felt slow especially after the opening which gave us a taste of what was to come. Hopefully we will have more skirmishes as these are what I really look forwards to.

• January 6, 2011 at 5:11 pmeduardo

se ve interesante espero seguir viendo mas cosas

• January 6, 2011 at 5:13 pmFOA

• January 6, 2011 at 5:16 pmFOA

when i watched the episode my thoughts about his sister were that she is some super pilot not secret innovator weapon, meh

• January 6, 2011 at 5:43 pmTibu

I was thinking that too…but the eye thing could b sooo many things now like lelouch’s eye, Fuhrer Bradley’s eye…I’d expect an innovator to use both eyes :3

• January 6, 2011 at 5:13 pmboingman

I never watched Strike Witches, since the amount of pantsu and the characters turned me off.
    This though reminds me slightly of Mai-Otome. Yeah okay, I admit that Kuribayashi Minami singing the OP song is one of the main reasons. Too bad that she doesn’t voice any of the characters.
    Well, I’ll give this series a chance.

• January 6, 2011 at 5:25 pmfall3nbs

Hikasa Youko as a tsundere mech pilot? I’M GAME!

• January 6, 2011 at 5:29 pmClick

What a good way to start the season ;o

• January 6, 2011 at 5:47 pmShimapan

I can’t wait until next episode. I hope to see some cool fight scenes between Orimura vs Cecilia. I’m kinda surprised, seeing he was against being the class rep but when Cecilia said she won’t allow it he’s all for being class rep and willing to fight for the spot. The childhood friend is always the best and he gets to share the same room as her, what a lucky guy.

• January 6, 2011 at 5:55 pmSwift

I believe that the humor really fails. I couldn’t force myself to crack a smile, and Cecelia is annoying more than anything so far. Hopefully they go more in-depth with her so she doesn’t seem like a loud mouth.

I don’t mind the concept of the show, but the characters just seem … I don’t know if its the voices or what.

• January 6, 2011 at 6:02 pmSwift

I realize, its the dialogue which seems like they are trying to force facts, it feels really unnatural when they talk.

• January 7, 2011 at 2:52 ama42

this was the exact problem i had. either it’s the direction or editor, but the conversations sound like each person talking to themselves instead of a real conversation. no flow between lines, as if they’re not listening to each other.

i’ll still give this a chance but this unnatural dialogue could get real annoying real fast.

• January 6, 2011 at 6:02 pmPanther

• January 7, 2011 at 1:42 amgecd

hmm
      i’m not agree
      she doesn’t have datASS

• January 6, 2011 at 6:03 pmSnipingAllTargets

Hmm….. felt like the first episode wasn’t as stellar as I had hoped it to be, but then again most of the scenes were just from the promotional videos, so guess I kinda felt like I already watched it. Anyways it’s already the second ep and battle!!!!!! Haha also lol at the part at Ichika saying Britain cuisine sucks!!! It really does… no offense to any British viewers

• January 6, 2011 at 9:10 pmNinja Penguin

No offense taken, as a Brit I can confirm that our traditional cuisine is indeed not so hot…enough so that the UK’s official favourite dish is actually Indian curry.

• January 6, 2011 at 6:05 pmLitho

Hmmm….

Not into harems …. will check this out but I’m guessing it won’t go beyond ep 1 for me.

• January 6, 2011 at 6:07 pmRonaconda

Any idea how many episodes this will be?

• January 6, 2011 at 6:15 pmDivine

I haven’t seen confirmation, but word on 2ch is that it’s one cour. i.e. 13 episodes.

• January 6, 2011 at 7:20 pm♕Croosboy♕

it would be nice if it has 24 or 26 ep. see the trailer always makes me expect more. ^_^ but if it ends with 13 ep im fine with it.

• January 6, 2011 at 7:35 pmSuppa Tenko

Yeah, it kinda sucks how such a prospective series has such a low episode count. But at the same time, there is only 6 volumes of source material which is about 13 episodes worth of stuff.

• January 6, 2011 at 6:21 pm♕Croosboy♕

hehehehehe watching this reminds me of Seitokai Yakuindomo’s Shino Amakusa= Houki Sinonono.they nearly look alike and they share the same seiyuu.

Well anyway it was very wise of them to make this episode a cliffhanger so that the viewers would want to watch the next episode. i wonder how the battle will be.
    Im looking forward to this anime since i just finish bamboo blade ^_^ which is kendo as well and all the mechaness in it. im still wondering if this will end up as romatic-comedy or pure romance

• January 7, 2011 at 9:46 am♕Croosboy♕

lol i mish heard houki as oki(Big)

• January 6, 2011 at 6:22 pmAvalanche

After this episode, I’m really looking forward to the rest of the series. I didn’t really mind the pacing. Seemed to be at the usual pacing as the first episode of most harems.

• January 6, 2011 at 6:25 pm0927123

Can’t watch anime. Stupid ‘Robbers’ internet bandwidth.

• January 6, 2011 at 6:46 pmI_am_the_Zodiac_Cow

Wtf, this looks just like Princess Hunter with extra Super Moe Tsundere Ecchi actchun! I really just can’t stand these types of anime’s with this type of cliche outline as their foundation…

• January 6, 2011 at 7:04 pmjingoi

is it extreme to compare this to linebarrel?

• January 6, 2011 at 7:22 pmDivine

Easily too extreme for me, as I only got through an episode of Linebarrels of Iron with Kakihara Tetsuya starring in it.

• January 14, 2011 at 3:56 amComito

I’m finding after watching episode 2, that this could be a little better than Linebarrel, since linebarrels main character is a lot worse compare to IS. And the combat is a lot more better in IS over linebarrel I have to say so far!

• January 6, 2011 at 7:04 pmSuppa Tenko

Hm… a bishounen protagonist that isn’t completely useless or perverted. My cup-a-coffee.

• January 6, 2011 at 7:06 pmPoiira

Lots and lots of running ed’s this past year. Well, last year… whatever.
    Mm, I’m interested enough. I’ll stick with it for a bit and see if it’s got anything up its sleeve. Is this original?

• January 6, 2011 at 7:11 pmMrTerrorist

• January 6, 2011 at 7:14 pmrasone0104

gREAT START for the winter anime season XD!

• January 6, 2011 at 7:32 pmSuppa Tenko

Just watched the episode, I like this guy. He’s not god damned weak, not depressed, stands up to the rich bitch… well he’s just a less fabulous Takuto :3

• January 6, 2011 at 8:00 pmmario2man

I liked him as well. Hopefully he owns the British bitch in a really many way (like a falcon punch, which reminds me in the opening battle did he only punch?) That world needs more manilynes and hopefully he can bring it.

• January 6, 2011 at 8:01 pmmario2man

I mean a really “manly” way

• January 6, 2011 at 8:02 pmLaN

Takuto seems a little less clueless about everything too haha. But I can see how you would make the comparison. Takuto reminded me a little bit more of Usui, despite it being a different genre. Bishonen who just happens to be badass at almost everything.

• January 6, 2011 at 7:33 pmchaos

this will be interesting-kind reminds me of negima one guy so many girls to deal with. I just hope they can make them all equally interesting

• January 6, 2011 at 8:00 pmLaN

I have a feeling this will be good:). Liked both the male and female leads.

• January 6, 2011 at 8:03 pmHidekee

Sky Girls with a guy XD

• January 6, 2011 at 8:16 pmDivine

You mean Sky Guy? :)

• January 7, 2011 at 12:11 pmLuxorcist

Hahaha it WILL be like Sky Girls with a guy

…Just without the damn worms

• January 9, 2011 at 11:30 pm@tcmanila

Definitely.

• January 6, 2011 at 8:05 pmmario2man

I recommend reading chapter 0 of the manga. The main male lead has more troubles then shown in the anime and shows that he is more special (to me anyway).

• January 6, 2011 at 8:10 pmpaulrenzo

The only thing that was really going to discourage me from watching this is if I didn’t like the male protagonist. Fortunately, the guy seems to be the second coming of his sister, and isn’t a wuss/super perv/whiner, so I’m looking forward to what happens next.

• January 6, 2011 at 8:37 pmRazgriz

I’ve got sources from end to end saying that I.S. is one big hell of a copy-and-paste anime. Fortunately, they want to make an official verdict after watching three episodes of this, hoping that there would be a drastic change that’ll make them hook up. And for some reason, this reminds me of Stratos 4: cute and busty girls operating mechas to protect the world.

Oh, there we go: one example of copy and paste. Sorry for being an a-hole. I’m critical when watching anime.

• January 6, 2011 at 8:55 pmacolyte

Hey, just a quick info (hope I’m not advertising anything)
    I played an online game called cosmic break.. This anime reminds me so much of it.. Practically similar.. I can even compare the design of the mecha..

• January 6, 2011 at 9:32 pmVsin

Dammit, I wanted to be the first to mention CB -_-

I find it kinda hard to compare CB to IS though, because CB is “Girl with a few bits of armor on” wheras IS is “ZOMGMASSIVE exoskeleton that so happens to have someone in it”.

• January 6, 2011 at 9:49 pmacolyte

Ahaha.. Oh yeah I have to agree with that^^

• January 7, 2011 at 3:05 amSirMuffin

Damn it! I came in here to mention the exact same thing! Good thing I found your comment first!!!

W00T

Cosmic Break: The Anime

Here I come!!!

• January 6, 2011 at 8:57 pmN0216332

ooooo cc is britanian again >:).. well houki is a very likable character in my book… but we will see >:) looks intersting :D

• January 6, 2011 at 9:03 pmZone

LOL that guy really get the best seat in class(right in front of the teacher).
    I think this is a good start in the sense of having good male and female character.

• January 6, 2011 at 9:13 pmmarinelzen

Looks like Minna-Dietlinde Wilcke from Strike Witches is in this anime as well. (One of the girls looks exactly like her)

• January 6, 2011 at 9:21 pmKrimzonStriker

Ah Yukana, I can never escape you nor would I even if I could. Despite some rather harsh criticisms from other bloggers this episode received you did a pretty fair and balanced job Divine, which you have my thanks for. As it is I’ll be sticking with this series as well and am looking forward to seeing how that brief glimpse in the beginning of the production value for this series carries over in the next episode.

• January 6, 2011 at 9:24 pmpops

im already liking it alot so far i think this might be a fav for the season =]

• January 6, 2011 at 9:51 pmacolyte

I hope so. I stopped watching quite a few anime last season though, not as promising as they appeared to be.

• January 6, 2011 at 9:37 pmswrp

WOW, That’s Rock 5/5. It cool, That’s fight for battle. It fun.

• January 6, 2011 at 10:01 pmBossun

So far so good. I’m really looking forward to this series. Good blogging choice, it seems. Let’s hope it stays that way

• January 6, 2011 at 10:25 pmthe_one092001

Still can’t shake the “Hitagi Senjogahara expy” feeling I’m getting from Houki. Not due to any personality issue, just the general look.

• January 6, 2011 at 10:27 pmbanzemanga

It was a slow start but i enjoyed every second of it. Rather, that slow pace was the right pace. It is just too bad that we have to wait for another week for more.

• January 6, 2011 at 10:34 pmNanoNano

Not sure about picking this up yet, the potential fanservice is the main turn-off.

• January 7, 2011 at 5:42 amMC

What…seriously? I get what you mean on some anime the story line sucks and all your left with is loads of bloated fan service, but this was really mild imo…not to mention the storyline and dialogue is really good so far. Are you sure your not watching Strike Witches by accident?

• January 6, 2011 at 10:40 pmHitsuaya_10

Didnt fail me as expected!
    Wonderful show

• January 6, 2011 at 10:55 pmbertman4

Liked it. Will continue to watch for now.
    I’m guessing the pilot of the antagonist suit in the IS training scene is Ichika’s sister? She was wearing a helmet but she’s probably the only one who could take on all the students at once?

• January 6, 2011 at 10:57 pmDragonHunter

Why this show is not available on CR??? Why??!!

• January 6, 2011 at 11:24 pmdietwarrior

A very enjoyable first episode overall, definitely going to follow through on this one. Can’t wait to see more of those battles overflowing with eye candy \(^o^)/

• January 7, 2011 at 12:00 amSaviour

Great production values, but another generic harem anime.

• January 7, 2011 at 12:16 amMindlessmistro

Is it just me or does the tower in this anime look ridiculously similar to calatrava’s montjuic com tower in barcelona?

• January 7, 2011 at 1:50 amOmega

Good anime. IS hit well with me, given how i had watched SW,SG,TAKC and TAMI. Funny that ISA is more future tech that Academy City.

• January 7, 2011 at 2:34 amReborn

I liked the episode, it was nice for them not to rush into things. Hopefully Cecilia calms down a little and starts to realise she isn’t as big as she thinks she is.

• January 7, 2011 at 2:59 amKnowngni

Personally I didn’t like Yukana playing as Cecilia. I kinda would have preferred Takahashi Mikako (Adelicia from Rental Magica).

• January 7, 2011 at 3:18 amGreg

My first impression of this, looks dangerous to fly around like that without any decent protection for your head.

Beyond that I was positively surprised, let’s hope Ichika doesn’t do a Muneakira and turns into a wimp in 2-3 episodes.

• January 7, 2011 at 3:52 amduk3 fleed

…oh dear..what kind of idiocy inspired that mecha design?…you can shot it down with an handgun if you aim at the head of the pilot…..is there any kind of invisible protection energy shield?no words…

• January 7, 2011 at 4:06 amGrima

They have energy shielding , and its going to be difficult to aim the head of the pilot even with a superb sniper rifle when she/he is flying all over the place. Otherwise conventional weapons wouldn`t be obsolete when the IS was first introduced.

• January 7, 2011 at 4:31 amduk3 fleed

I’ll give it a shot…doctor says that I need at least 1 harem anime x season :D

• January 7, 2011 at 5:34 amMC

“Orimura, did you read the reference book before entering this school?”
    “Ahh… is it that massive, thick one?”
    “Yes, it’s written there that it’s compulsory to read it.”
    “Well I made a mistake and threw it away”
    WAM!

I laughed like crazy during that part.

• January 7, 2011 at 6:54 amGrima

Real men don`t read thick books!

• January 7, 2011 at 5:37 amSnicket

Great, another series with a physically violent childhood friend and a bratty foreigner. [/sarcasm]

Unless the MC grows a spine or a more likable character is introduced. This series will just be another harem, but with mechs.

• January 7, 2011 at 5:38 amamado

I sense that there will be at least a pair of girls who are in love with each other or very close like the girls from strikewitches, so I will definitely follow this.

• January 7, 2011 at 6:16 amKaiser

I am really liking this anime already, and am really looking forward as the action comes in.

• January 7, 2011 at 6:59 amtylon

Does anyone thought of sakura taisen while watching this show?

• January 7, 2011 at 7:32 amentropy

It’s like Mio suddenly became a national kendo champion LOL

Hopefully it’s just turns out as great as Isekai no Seikishi Monogatari.

• January 7, 2011 at 8:17 ammagnuskn

All hail Britannia! :D

This first episode was quite good. It didn’t take itself too seriously, the main char is not a total pervert or totally clueless *and* has some spine, the fanservice level was tolerably low, the mecha fights looked good. Definitely on my pull list.

• January 7, 2011 at 8:55 amhoh

so, this is the gundam girl finally.

Well, just found the mech design ridiculously funny, especially those heavy armor on limbs with no mechanically part but the fragile human body to link them together. Even if they have some anti gravity thing there and floats by themselves (so that the pilot would not need to lift them by themselves), the pilot’s body would definitely be torn apart by Centrifugal force once the machine starts spinning.

• January 7, 2011 at 9:25 amSilentCid

Cecila almost looks like the girl from Star Driver but instead of green hair you have blonde.

• January 7, 2011 at 9:26 amFlamingYu

• January 14, 2011 at 4:04 amComito

Haha that so is!

• January 7, 2011 at 10:07 amJin

Another tsundere girl with sword voiced by Hisaka Youko, definitely watching this one even though I don’t usually watch mecha shows. =)

• January 7, 2011 at 11:36 amOvercooled

I want to like this, I really do. But it’s hard when the jokes are lame and all the female characters (aside from Chifuyu, who is passable) get on my nerves this much. I can only hope they bring in more female characters…ones who aren’t annoying, preferably. I get the feeling I’ll be watching this for the battles and wanting to skip through the school scenes *sigh*

• January 7, 2011 at 3:36 pmWho Dat

I hear ya. The intro battle was pretty spectacular but what followed was rather formulaic and lackluster.

Infinite Stratos has just enough of a hook to keep me watching but I get the same feeling I’ll be tuning in solely for the battles.

• January 7, 2011 at 1:16 pmchaos

just remembered what this reminds me of Duel parallel trouble main character is only person who can pilot mech and surrounded by girls

• January 7, 2011 at 1:36 pmewok40k

gimme more fights! girls can have the lucky guy for themselves in the offscreen time!

• January 7, 2011 at 2:08 pmMcTricky

Cecillia reminded me a lot of Kanetsugu, except that she isn’t the victim of comical abuse.

• January 7, 2011 at 2:21 pmOrinX

Oh my GOD, I am so sick of these types of shows. Bring on mitsudomoe already.

• January 7, 2011 at 4:10 pmsealouse

I’m glad they didn’t give Cecillia the full “drill” hairstyle. I swear that’s the worst looking thing ever.

As unoriginal as this anime might be it still looks like it will be fun to watch.

• January 7, 2011 at 5:23 pmthe_custard

gonna watch this i like it alot. btw when i watch this i have a feeling that the main guy looks like he has a phobia of girls.

• January 7, 2011 at 5:42 pmVoid

Wow. This show is basically completely ripping Mai Otome for setting and mecha and throwing in Dual: Parallel Trouble for the main character.

• January 7, 2011 at 6:03 pmMatroid

I have to agree that there is nothing new in the plot — the fundamental premise that females outperform males in giant robot piloting is too similar to the Tenchi spin-off Isekai no Seikishi Monogatari. Granted its shortcoming, I still feel that the opening of the story was well told and well presented. The main character is likable, and even acts like a man, a trait that seems to be disappearing in nowadays’ manga. This anime is still ranked high on my watch list of the season.

• January 10, 2011 at 8:27 pmNinja Penguin

Iirc the male pilots in Isekai no Seikishi Monogatari were not outperformed by the female pilots, nor do I remember such a fact ever being mentioned. The male pilots were simply rarer than the much more numerous female pilots.

• January 7, 2011 at 7:43 pmbillng

Youko Hikasa yay!!!

• January 7, 2011 at 8:26 pmevil713

yeah this does feel like episode 2 in plot, i feel that they could of shifted the plot back about half an episode i might be happy.

and was the big battle at the beginning really nessasary? i mean really that was next to useless form a story perspective, and way too damn much for a teaser.

• January 8, 2011 at 9:29 amMatroid

I think the big battle was “necessary” in the sense of sending a signal to the viewers that there will be more big battles to come. And I think this is okay for an introduction episode. After all, this anime is in the giant robot genre. Giant robots just do what giant robots do.

• January 7, 2011 at 8:59 pmboop

i have no clue what this is going to be about.

• January 8, 2011 at 7:37 amLinkark

Might drop it. The battle of next episode will decide that for me.

• January 8, 2011 at 10:25 amShirt

Give Houki a lance and call her Kan’u. <3

I really enjoyed Strike Witches. Like A LOT. (Especially Lynette, Bishop ♥) Now that this has come out, I'm more than satisfied. Hell I wanna drop Star Driver!! 8D

• January 9, 2011 at 6:37 amMC

You mean you’re only now figureing out that show is trash?…I was so excited when I realized Pretty Boy’s (or whatever his name was)voice actor was the same one from Tamaki in Ouran…but then I ditched it after like 3 episodes it was so bad…

• January 10, 2011 at 9:04 pmDivine

You’re missing out though because STAR DRIVER’s getting good.

• January 11, 2011 at 4:02 amMC

Really? Hmmm…Maybe I’ll give it another shot…I don’t know…I’ve given up too early on animes in the past that’s for sure…so my bad if that show has turned the corner.

• January 8, 2011 at 10:38 amSilentCid

Too bad the man in this show doesn’t have a perverted side to him. A hot chick that sleeps on the other bed next to his, hot women everywhere and him being the only man there. Almost like paradise.

• January 8, 2011 at 6:04 pmShirt

It could easily turn out to be a very very bad thing. Like seriously? That fagfuck from Asobi ni Iku yo! was a piece of work. He was so far down the gay meter that I couldn’t stand the sight of him when Eris and the other girls were kissing him. Dx UGH! I get so heated just thinking about how that crap show ended. I’m sure this guy’s got ten times more nuts in his sack than that fagini. Dx

• January 9, 2011 at 2:14 pmSuppa Tenko

I like how this main character isn’t a sex freak like pretty much most protagonists we have seen so far. One thing I am wondering is… why are the head and joints exposed on the exoskeleton? Wouldn’t that make one really easy to headshot or get a limb chopped off?
        And judging by what I read from the manga

• January 8, 2011 at 2:53 pmlkaze

i enjoy this sort of anime ( only one pre season) whenever there are several anime that tell in depth story and stuff; it nice to have at least one anime where you KNOW it a no-brainer no original story to enjoy, simply enjoy the harem situation with abit of action :)

• January 11, 2011 at 7:36 ambabawaba

So unoriginal it wasnt even funny. This whole show is a copypasta of bad stereotypes.

• January 11, 2011 at 10:18 amDnsjjdjddke

Houki looks like barkhorn, one of the extras that asked to sit by ichika looks exactly like eila with brown hair

• January 12, 2011 at 1:54 pmGhostalker

I’m hooked to this series, nice introductory episode, I just don’t get why males can’t used the exoskeleton in a seemingly sci-fi series, if this is supernatural then I will understand. Anyways, back to the series, I like the character designs of the female cast, it’s screaming harem and I’m quite a sucker for this setup.

• January 13, 2011 at 8:34 amComito

Just watched the first episode, and its pretty normal starter episode and the relations involved with characters with comedy romance novels in anime I’ve seen so far. Though can’t remember when the last time I’ve seen the clueless main star become fame and glory later on! Should be good to continue watching!

• January 15, 2011 at 8:14 pmlester

One of the girls (one in the middle, between the girl with her pajamas and the one besides Ichika). She reminds me of Minna’s front hair style, and Gertrud’s twintails from STRIKE WITCHES. They recycled the concepts into one nice.

• January 23, 2011 at 11:34 amVCR to DVD Converter

Could I take my VCR wedding recording and convert it to a Dvd?

• January 23, 2011 at 10:55 pmDexter

Picture 39 second from the left looks similar to Minna Dietlinde Wilcke from Strike Witches hahahahaha