Bleach 435 – Panic at the Dollhouse »« Bleach 433 – Ichigo is Hot

Bleach 434 – Ichigo is a Boytoy

Bleach Manga   434   01

It seems both Karin and Yuzu have some sort of brother complex, and Yuzu especially tries to play it off and vehemently denies it, but in the end it’s pretty clear that they are both very worried about Ichigo who has been gone for days. Their simultaneous agreement to Ichigo telling them to go to bed was really cheesy, but it gets the point across. He still hasn’t told his sisters what is going on, and it could be a problem when they get more deeply involved into the mess that is no doubt going to happen soon.

The chapter then cuts to Ichigo starting his training to get his shinigami powers back. He gets his usual method training– a.k.a. getting thrown into a fight and forcing out his abilities. This time, he is miniaturized and placed into Riruka’s dollhouse to duke it out with a giant stuffed pig gladiator style. The monster pig was definitely the highlight of the chapter for me and is a refreshing change from the usual enemies Ichigo gets. Its doom look was really funny and reminded me of the giant gingerbread man from Shrek. The monster’s purpose apparently is to force out Ichigo’s Fullbringer powers, and I’m sure nobody is surprised he has them, because as far as we know he had a human and a shinigami parent.

There was also some more development with the other new characters this week, giving hints of their personality. Rukio especially looks like an interesting guy and I especially want to see what his powers are like. At this rate however, I think this arc is just going to settle into the normal pattern again, with strings of battles involving the various characters then culminating in Ichigo’s climax boss fight. I am definitely not happy with the direction this is heading.

January 26, 2011 at 7:17 pm
  • January 26, 2011 at 7:22 pmkaminakun

There are a lot better stuff to do than read/watch Bleach… we should all move on… Bleach is long past it’s due date.

• January 27, 2011 at 1:30 amSpacyRicochet

On the other hand, it’s less than 5 minutes for brainless entertainment.

I would however have no problem if RC stopped covering Bleach, perhaps only covering actually interesting chapters.

• January 28, 2011 at 1:47 ambalbo

More like 1 minute

• January 27, 2011 at 9:40 amdustandechoes91

Stop watching? yes. Stop reading? Not so much. I’ve been watching bleach for years, and I finally got so sick of its pacing I stopped a year ago. Once I heard they finally finished Aizen in the manga, I decided to pick up the manga starting at the final battle, and I’ve been entertained with this new ark. This is also my first manga ever, as normally I just wait for the anime.

• January 29, 2011 at 8:15 amkayn420

first chapter ever… that explains everything since this chapter just hit a ton of manga cliches. ie: training arc for the millionth time, girl that likes everything cute, “look behind you” cliff hanger >.>

• January 26, 2011 at 7:22 pmrasone0104

As of now I dont see the direction this manga is going.

• January 26, 2011 at 7:26 pmhikaru

“Ichigoooo! Behind you! Behind you!” LOL.

Love your title for this post =D

• January 26, 2011 at 7:29 pmKarmafan

Ya nothing new here. Kubo is just following his usual pattern, then rinse and repeat for a new arc. Then drop the old ones with no explanation and move on. We don’t see the SS princess any more, nothing about Nell (she was so important to him he would give his life for her), and after the last arc nothing about his dad’s past.

• January 28, 2011 at 6:30 pmShinjiro

True that. To be honest, I absolutely LOVED Bleach and I’ve gulped/watched most of its run in one long vacation I had (that was way back) but with the manga really pulling on my nerves and the ongoing fillers here and there within the anime run, I just dropped it awhile back. I don’t read nor watch Bleach other than Prooof’s posts.
      When I thought something really interesting was going to happen, Kubo just dragged out so long I’ve lost interest and maybe I’ll be even harsh and say disgusted. It’s one thing to stretch a thinly written story, it’s another to just take your readers for idiots.
      Now, this new arc may be interesting (more so than the recent year or so) but after reading the comments from here and there, not too sure anymore. I think I’ll just keep the good memories I had of Bleach when I first started watching and reading it.

• January 26, 2011 at 7:59 pmK.K.

The stuffed pig reminds me of Perona’s teddy bear Kumashi from One Piece.

• January 26, 2011 at 8:16 pmWee

Same thing crossed my mind.

• January 26, 2011 at 8:21 pmgawrshness

and to think Kubo is gonna keep this up for another decade…

• January 26, 2011 at 8:22 pmCode fanboy

I can’t imagine how this love bonding/training is going to get Ichigo’s powers. I was expecting something more like Uryu, but this is a 180 degrees different. Hahaha, if Kon was here then I would love to have a fight with IChigo under these conditions. Well it looks like IChigo is going to gain yet another power. Well, this power doesn’t seem to be as fancy as the other type of powers Ichigo has so far. At first it seemed lame, but since there are different types of powers, then I’m sure Ichigo’s power is going to be wicked.

• January 26, 2011 at 8:23 pmSecsuey

you know I never thought that I would say this but… I miss Aizen
    fuck bleach I am not reading it anymore

• January 28, 2011 at 12:44 pmCode fanboy

now now, you never know. The fact is, Aizen is still alive. Despite the fact that he’s stipped of his powers, he still has his brain, which is the most scariest part about him.

• January 26, 2011 at 8:28 pmLuxorcist

I’m just here to have a good laugh. Let’s all have a good, hearty laugh at the repetition that Bleach has become. Come on, LAUGH. NOW!! >:D

• January 26, 2011 at 8:31 pmCircles

If there was ever a reason to read Bleach after SS, it was the girls.

Anyone else notice how much Kubo tried to emphasize Karin’s “growth”?

• January 26, 2011 at 8:32 pmSecsuey

it make me sad that something like this keep getting animated and no one had picked Lucifer and the biscuit hammer yet :S

• January 26, 2011 at 8:45 pm0927123

Not to be a pervert but I found this really funny from the guys from animesuki. lol Point is, all of us are bored with this dbz training ripoff. :( No fun Kubo, no fun.

• January 27, 2011 at 10:47 amLectro Volpi

You deserve a medal doctor!

• January 26, 2011 at 9:19 pmYanDaMan

Not trying to defend Bleach but you people over here hating and telling people to stop reading Bleach or how you yourself stopped reading are so full of yourself. It’s one chapter a week, takes 30 seconds to a minute of your life to read. Whether you chose to read it or not will have almost no impact or interference with wahtever else your pass-time interests are. Point is, despite being good or bad, people are still gona read it, because they dont lose anything out of it.

• January 26, 2011 at 9:36 pmKentaiyoshimi

I’d much prefer if each Bleach chapter took at least a minute to read. i mean, the chapters pages themselves have fillers. Many of the pages only have several panels, with lots of excess art, and barely any dialogue.

in other words, each chapter holds very little actual content

• January 27, 2011 at 10:50 amLectro Volpi

The love/hate relationship is a crucial element in Bleach.

You love the sun and despise the moon.

• January 29, 2011 at 8:21 amkayn420

If we can keep hating it, then that means it will eventually drop and we will have something better to read.

• January 26, 2011 at 9:20 pmqntiria

why can’t kubo just let bleach go and start afresh? please?

• January 26, 2011 at 9:24 pmderp…

“I am definitely not happy with the direction this is heading.”
    The same as the kid psychic that used video games as a medium in Yu yu hakusho chapter black saga.

I honestly think it is pretty obvious.

• January 26, 2011 at 9:26 pmderp…

“Rukio especially looks like an interesting guy and I especially want to see what his powers are like.”

Well i completely quoted the wrong line.

• January 26, 2011 at 9:41 pmthe_custard

wats up with the title. abit disappointed on the manga waited for 2 weeks for 1 crap chapter y didnt just made it a combination of 2 chapters to make up for the other 1 miss.
    Dont tell me hes tired cus im pretty sure u got lots of help about the manga chapter

• January 27, 2011 at 6:24 amKarmafan

The dude’s been drawing a chapter a week for like 10 years. Even he needs a break.

• January 26, 2011 at 9:59 pmtakashid

Read new Bleach chapter -> 2 minutes, seeing filler and, again, yet another (who would have guessed it!?) training arc.

Read new One Piece chapter -> 10 minutes, enjoying the amazing designs, continuity nods, and developing new plot and characters.

• January 26, 2011 at 10:36 pmMikkye

Don’t bring One Piece into this, that overzealous piece of crap manga, the art style is overwhelming, making it difficult to differentiate between a tree and someones head, the plot is ENDLESS, and the assortment of characters are way too many for the reader to remember, which leads to parts of the manga when they mention a certain character, and your like “who the hell is that?” (cough..Dragon…cough)

• January 27, 2011 at 6:00 amTree_Phiddy

OMG THIS.
        soooo much padding… soooo much exposition of shit Idgaf about.. only 55% interesting content. And wit this new ark 1/2 the time I don’t even know what I’m looking at. And the sad part is that it moves so slow that we’ll be dragging thru this underwater arc for the next 1yr & 1/2 at least.

• January 27, 2011 at 7:46 amCircles

LOL@ people who think Bleach is better than One Piece. And while One Piece does have more characters than Bleach, when is the last time any major Bleach “good” character has had a permanent negative effect (i.e. DEATH) happen to them?

And if you want to talk about wasted time and padding, look at the past ten chapters for Bleach – all leading up to Ichigo finding out he could regain his powers! That was a SHOCKER. If you want to talk about things IDGAF about, then it’s Ichigo making the same sacrifice as Ishida did. And then learning that his sacrifice could be retconned.

But you guys just keep thinking Bleach is better – people like you keep Bleach alive, and I like a reaffirmation of how bad a manga can be.

• January 28, 2011 at 1:09 amderp…

You just said One piece going slow and and being padded is fine because Bleach is slow and padded and worse.

Well, according my superior opinions, I say that bleach is better because both move at a snails pace, but Bleach only takes 2 min to read.

Also. “when is the last time any major Bleach “good” character has had a permanent negative effect (i.e. DEATH) happen to them? ”

>One piece
        > characters having permanent negative effects
        >only 1 ever, too 10 years for it to happen.
        >he only died because of plot induced stupid, and having temper tantum instead of running from the battle to not waste his friends sacrafices
        >you are idiot.

• January 28, 2011 at 4:22 pmCircles

Don’t put words in my mouth – I never said that One Piece moved at a snail’s pace. I merely said that Bleach’s did – and Bleach is moving nowhere, for that matter. There is no overarching story anymore. No direction.

One Piece is great because each character has direction, has character, and is unique. The author doesn’t pointlessly drag things out, either – he merely likes giving context to this marvelous world (backgrounds in more than one panel per page! Can you imagine it?) and, to begin with, he has so much of the story and its constituents already planned he doesn’t need to drag things out. Better than meaningless dialogue about nothing, and unexplained, unappreciated story twists.

TL;Can’t read? If am idiot, you are Bleach fanboy who continue cling to pointless emo boys look off into distance.

But I’m done deciphering your retarding – go learn to read and write a bit more and maybe you’ll get the point a little. You can keep making do with bleach’s run of the mill storyless graphics till then.

• January 29, 2011 at 2:06 amderp…

I never said bleach was my favorite or anything. It is a 2 min read, and mildly amusing.

If you think something can only be good if it has super deep and complicated story, you should stop thinking a game of thrones is light reading.

• January 27, 2011 at 12:43 amderp…

I actually drop one piece.
      One piece goes so slow, and unlike bleach. I need to read like 20 min cause every chapter explains so much pointless shit.

I ditched it after a chapter when they spent forever explaining howthe coating works in the wordiest way possible.

Also, if the chopper/luffy going full an retard and mixing identities wasn’t to length the chapter artificially, then derps to you.

No I don’t care if one of those pirates helps them out a bit 200 weeks from now.

• January 27, 2011 at 10:54 amLectro Volpi

Bad, bad, bad! that is taboo!

Yet look at the comments in One Piece and look the comments here. Fan base is… different hoho~

• January 28, 2011 at 1:52 ambalbo

quoted
      I don’t even like OP that much
      Truth to be told almost every shonen manga right now looks better than the Bleach of the last years

• January 26, 2011 at 10:01 pmKiraboshi

Rukio…….Rukia…..

• January 26, 2011 at 11:05 pm0409

Why are people complaining about Bleach’s new arc? Like not being able to see the direction it’s going. It’s Jump. You get like 19 pages a week for goodness sakes. And how certain things seem like rip-offs from other shounen manga. Excuse me but there’s no such thing as originality these days. Things /have/ been done before. And even if they have, it doesn’t mean someone is “ripping” people off. Yes, Kubo’s being repetitive. Is this really news? If you’re going to be all “omg I’m going to stop reading it now” because of that, you honestly should’ve just stopped reading after the first couple of arcs.
    Don’t like? Don’t read.

• January 27, 2011 at 3:11 amRex

A stuffed teddy bear? BUT WHERE IS KON KUBO!? WHERE IS HE!?

• January 28, 2011 at 6:38 pmShinjiro

Apparently, he is with all the other characters you grew accustomed/to like…Somewhere in the back of Kubo’s brain.

• January 27, 2011 at 5:41 amvirox

Does she want Ichigo to use fullbringer powers to kill that stuff monster? But he doesn’t have them yet, does he? I thought they want to transfer their power into him, so why do they throw him into the cage without doing anything?

• January 27, 2011 at 6:16 amTree_Phiddy

Lol at brother complex! Bleach X SIS?
    Also another funny note Ichigo just got up in RiRukas lil box… do with that what u will… lol
    I still don’t get what the Hell is going on.. I don’t get how/why he is just gonna be able to absorb everyone’s powers. And why would he even want to take Riruka’s Ichigo is gonna put Aizen in a box that he thinks is cute? Is that just as planned?
    Also chad’s folks where attacked by hollows? I though Aizen’s iPWN button gave Ichigos lackeys power.
    So Chad can manipulate matter too? Is Orihime a full bringer? AND WHO THE HELL IS ICHIGO’S DAD?

• January 27, 2011 at 6:19 amTree_Phiddy

All this questions and more, answered… probably never!

• January 27, 2011 at 1:46 pmSummelBaerli

Yuzu ALWAYS had that brother-complex. Why whine about it now?
      And that panel in which they were welcoming Ichigo back wasn’t an expression of their bro-con… He returned to his old self. He doesn’t have that miserable aura about him anymore, because he has hope to get his powers back now. That’s why those two were so happy that they even forgot to scold him! Also I really wouldn’t say Karin has a bro-con. She rather has the same urge to protect, although she is way too proud to show that openly.

• January 27, 2011 at 3:14 pmProoof

Who’s complaining :)

• January 27, 2011 at 6:29 amBossun

I like Kubo. I like Bleach. I wouldn’t mind if it kept going for a while. LEAVE KUBO ALONE! *cries hysterically*

• January 27, 2011 at 1:41 pmSummelBaerli

LOL, xDD though I do feel like that sometimes =w=

• January 28, 2011 at 1:55 ambalbo

Lol’ed

• January 27, 2011 at 7:16 amarky

Really? Kon was perfect for this chapter it would answer where he had been and it would serve as his triumphal return, and kon would absolutely had no problem on having to fight Ichigo, a golden opportunity missed.

i really love bleach, and im gonna get through everything to see what happen in the end with Aizen (by many the best villain ever), but i really cant go on if KONpachi isnt there. Kon is Bleach period.

• January 27, 2011 at 8:02 amFai D Fluorite

This chapter was ridiculously…….boring!
    Now that we think about it,Ichigo has trained with
    1)Urahara-To learn about Zangetsu
    2)Yoruichi-To learn about Bankai
    3)Hiyori-To learn Hollowfication
    4)Tensa Zangetsu-To master Final Getsuga Tensho
    Now….doll house game :P

• January 27, 2011 at 9:49 amGen

Oh kubo, will you never learn? Why do I have a feeling that the substitute shinigami emblem thing will be Ichigo’s fullbring?

• January 27, 2011 at 10:24 amZaku Fan

I like the chapter. A silly fight against a toy bear looks interesting

• January 28, 2011 at 6:40 pmShinjiro

Let me fix this for you…

I like the chapter. A silly fight against a toy bear looks interesting /END SARCASM

:P

• January 27, 2011 at 5:40 pmLinkark

The pacing is awful and the plot is quite bad but at least I only waste like 5 minutes or less of my life reading the new chapter each week. I’ll continue this way instead of watching the anime and wasting like 20-24 minutes with each episode. Interested in the many ways Kubo will continue ruining Bleach.

• January 27, 2011 at 7:15 pmHMorris73

I don’t get what some people’s problem is, since the Aizen arc ended Bleach has been more interesting than it’s been in years.

• January 28, 2011 at 11:15 amAshen

I agree with you on the Rukio front. He barely had any panels at all and yet he’s the most intriguing thing to come outta this chapter to me. Yuzu and Karin’s love/worry/brother complex over Ichigo was cute, but felt cut short.

And yeah, no niceties this time around. I am flat-out pissed that Kubos storytelling has devolved to this beat-a-dead-horse routine. For chrissakes, man. Mixed it up a bit! At least point I’d even be marginally happy w/ him borrowing some shoujo or seinen cliches, ANY cliches as long as they weren’t of the shounen tribe. You feel me? Anyone?

• January 28, 2011 at 6:41 pmShinjiro

Mixed it up a bit!???
      But why, it worked for so many years?!?

• January 28, 2011 at 3:00 pmBabychoochoo

I thought the beginning was pretty cute. Seeing his sisters so worried when he’s gone then getting all giddy when he returns was hard not to smile at.

I like Bleach and all, but it’s sad how far it seems to have fallen. The whole Aizen arc was great for a while, but it started to janky in some parts nearing the end. This arc however is just starting off bad. I feel like I’m watching Lost again, except the writing is worse(I liked Lost by the way).

At this point, like Naruto, I’m reading Bleach out of loyalty. I’ve stuck with it for so long that I feel like I would be wasting hours upon hours of my life if I gave up now. The only difference being though is that Naruto found it’s footing after a few rough stumbles. Bleach feels like it broke both arms and both legs and fell into a ditch.

• January 29, 2011 at 12:50 amuu

oh yeah bleach is so good

• January 29, 2011 at 7:28 pmOmegan

Only a matter of time before we see some sibling threesome…

• March 12, 2011 at 11:44 pmseriale online przyjaciele

If you are one of the online viewers of the 195th episode of the Naruto Anime, just make sure that your browser has the javascript and flash player installed and activated, or else you’ll be annoyed by the download dialogue prompting you to download such files.