IS Infinite Stratos – 06 »« IS Infinite Stratos – 04

IS Infinite Stratos – 05

Infinite Stratos   05   01 Infinite Stratos   05   02 Infinite Stratos   05   03
Infinite Stratos   05   04 Infinite Stratos   05   05 Infinite Stratos   05   06
Infinite Stratos   05   07 Infinite Stratos   05   08 Infinite Stratos   05   09
Infinite Stratos   05   10 Infinite Stratos   05   11 Infinite Stratos   05   12
Infinite Stratos   05   13 Infinite Stratos   05   14 Infinite Stratos   05   15
Infinite Stratos   05   16 Infinite Stratos   05   17 Infinite Stratos   05   18
Infinite Stratos   05   19 Infinite Stratos   05   20 Infinite Stratos   05   21
Infinite Stratos   05   22 Infinite Stratos   05   23 Infinite Stratos   05   24
Infinite Stratos   05   25 Infinite Stratos   05   26 Infinite Stratos   05   27
Infinite Stratos   05   28 Infinite Stratos   05   29 Infinite Stratos   05   30
Infinite Stratos   05   31 Infinite Stratos   05   32 Infinite Stratos   05   33
Infinite Stratos   05   34 Infinite Stratos   05   35 Infinite Stratos   05   36
Infinite Stratos   05   37 Infinite Stratos   05   38 Infinite Stratos   05   39

「ボーイ・ミーツ・ボーイ」 (Booi Miitsu Booi)
“Boy Meets Boy”

It’s probably safe to say Ichika’s inexplicable appeal knows no bounds, as he’s been attracting cute girls long before he landed himself in an all-girls paradise. In school, out of school, cue in Gotanda Ran (Obata Noriko) for the latter. It’s easy to feel sorry for all the girls when Ichika isn’t aware of how popular he is, and utterly impossible for Ichika for the very same reason. He’s starting to come off a little dense at this point, much like Ran’s brother Dan (Yasumura Makoto) pointed out, but I still can’t blame him when there’s absolutely no reason for him to even think he’d be this popular. He’s not some IS prodigy nor all that cool, so I’m still going on the presumption that he feels the same way. Incidentally, that’s what makes him a respectable male lead in my mind — he doesn’t think much of himself yet manages to do all the little things right by just being himself.

This episode got the remaining character introductions out of the way fairly quickly, lumping in Laura Bodewig (Inoue Marina) at the very end of a full twenty minutes about “Charles” Dunois (Hanazawa Kana). The increased pace was a welcome change, considering the unknown IS threat was brushed aside for the time being. It actually felt a bit unnatural for the school to return to its laid-back ways right away, so I saw it as a means of getting back to that aspect of the story sooner too. The IS exercise where Yamada Maya (Shitaya Noriko) put Rin and Cecilia in their place was fun to watch in a lighthearted sense, but there’s a different level of enjoyment in seeing the more suspenseful battles that have something on the line. I like how the IS are used as the basis for character interactions, but I like it even more when they drive the plot forward in a slightly more serious way.

The high school aspect was undoubtedly the focus this time around, and Charles’ inability to hide his true gender to the viewers was overshadowed by Houki’s earnest reaction to being carried like a princess. I’ve been wondering when that line about the “legendary ohime-sama dako” in the promo videos would come into play, which made Houki look even cuter when she pushed for some more time alone with Ichika shortly after. The rooftop lunch scene had all the elements that make a harem-esque series work, and even surprised me with the way Ichika pressed forward while oblivious of the implications on feeding Houki. Cecilia and Rin’s reactions were priceless. I’m looking forward to seeing how these three interact with Laura, who clearly doesn’t like Ichika. Now there’s a first for the series.

Infinite Stratos   05   Preview 01 Infinite Stratos   05   Preview 02 Infinite Stratos   05   Preview 03
February 5, 2011 at 11:50 pm
  • February 5, 2011 at 11:58 pmmarinelzen

“I’m looking forward to seeing how these three interact with Laura, who clearly doesn’t like Ichika.”

For the time being most likely.

• February 6, 2011 at 4:57 amkeiOnDaisuki

i’m hoping not. DX

• February 5, 2011 at 11:58 pmkuroir

it’s a trap

• February 6, 2011 at 12:29 amP0NCH

Admiral Ackbar would Love this episode

• February 6, 2011 at 5:58 amKakarum

No….Admiral Ackbar will be disappointed with the trap that does not act like a trap at all!!

• February 6, 2011 at 12:02 amFlamingYu

I thought that teacher is useless, but no, she’s Lockon Stratos.

and

Laura delivers the “1st slap” on Ichika, after having everyone falls for him. Go Laura!

• February 6, 2011 at 12:27 amP0NCH

My friend and I watch IS together, and we both blurted out “Lock-On” when we saw her IS lol.
      Didn’t really like her too much to be honest, but being a kick ass sniper might change things XD

• February 6, 2011 at 1:24 amTama

Wut… Her abilities superb, Even her IS look like dynames gundam with custom shield :)

• February 6, 2011 at 5:01 amkeiOnDaisuki

LAURA IS THE EPITOME OF F’N AWESOME!! what a kickass girl. XDD

GO LAURA!! XD

• February 6, 2011 at 6:22 amBooto

Rin slapped Ichika a few episodes back when he didn’t remember the childhood promise properly. So the slap count is at 2 now I believe.

• February 6, 2011 at 2:10 pmmasso

Then

Charles Dunois – Tieria Erde?

• February 6, 2011 at 12:03 amSIlivious

The trap is here, and will be known soon. XD

• February 6, 2011 at 12:06 amYuiNyuan

I would really like Laura to stay that way for the rest of the series. But we all know that it’s not going to happen. What a shame…

• February 6, 2011 at 12:09 amtheorist_pl

clumsy teacher as skilled sniper, that was unexpecting

• February 6, 2011 at 12:13 amRolamon

The trap is nothing compared to Hideyoshi!!!!

• February 6, 2011 at 12:22 amAlvord12

Did they seriously think that we’d fall for that sort of lame trap after Hideyoshi? :D

• February 6, 2011 at 1:13 amDa5id

Do you seriously think you can ever NOT fall for a trap like Hideyoshi?

…that sentence can be interpreted any way.

• February 6, 2011 at 12:17 amShadowlancer

oh god look at laura’s IS?
    Its clearly in the colors of Trombe, she is even German to boot.
    Charle’s IS, as shown in the first episode has a Revolving stake like the Alteisen.
    The author clearly has a thing for Gundam and Super robot wars .

• February 6, 2011 at 12:18 amSolarguardian

I for one think it’s kind of sad that Charle’s isn’t a very good trap character considering we can all tell that… well… maybe she’s not meant to be a trap but just a girl in boys clothes? Anywho…….. This episode reaffirmed my feelings that this show is this season’s most fun series. (Well.. Kore Wa Zombie Desu Ka? is funny but this is more fun to watch in my opinion)

• February 6, 2011 at 12:23 amEx14

Whatever happened to Level E? XDD

• February 6, 2011 at 12:45 amSolarguardian

omg I keep forgetting the existence of that show!! haha (i don’t watch)

• February 6, 2011 at 12:26 amSerapita

Maybe she’s doing that to get close to Ichika and spy on him? Since he’s only male in the planet to be able to pilot IS. Pretending to be a boy will get her as close as possible to Ichika.

• February 6, 2011 at 9:47 amXxotameganexX

what u said is actually a spoiler btw

• February 8, 2011 at 9:37 pmMercenaryX10A

It was just a theory until you said it…¬¬

• February 6, 2011 at 12:21 amZnail

It’s easy to see why he is so dense. It’s not like the girls that likes him acts any different then any other girls he meets…

• February 6, 2011 at 12:24 amP0NCH

Laura looks cool, love the eyepatch :D

• February 6, 2011 at 12:24 amoliviaven

So now we need something like a Destiny burst, Trans am, seed mode or a full body psycommu frame :D

• February 6, 2011 at 12:26 amOmega

So, that’s how he’s able to “push the right buttons”, it runs in the family.

For girls is legendary ohime-sama dako, for us guys, it’s the legendary lap pillow.

• February 6, 2011 at 12:34 amAdeptZero

Aww, they spoiled Charles’”disguse” in the preview XD

• February 6, 2011 at 12:44 amZnail

Hardly a spoiler. The interesting question is why she is acting as a he?

• February 6, 2011 at 12:53 amAdeptZero

She’s following Ichika’s footsteps in developing a harem xD. j/k+

• February 6, 2011 at 12:38 amNhelraios

Like a couple??

Didn’t like this episode much , some scenes were weirdly executed. The mecha fights is still awesome anyways plus Houki going dere again this episode is so cute.

Can’t wait for the next episode. Laura’s personal IS looks so badass. T1 Black Catapult Massive Armored Unit :3

• February 6, 2011 at 12:40 amKuroneko

can’t wait for more Laura…

• February 6, 2011 at 12:50 amP0NCH

This is way too cute

• February 6, 2011 at 1:00 amTotoro!!

I sense another tsudere, Laura…

• February 6, 2011 at 1:05 amqntiria

only person in love with him that ISN’T a tsundere is charles, i think

• February 6, 2011 at 1:47 amtastycles

Pirate-san confirmed for most awesome Tsundere. Pirate Asuka has a rival now.

So Pirate-san is the HW Guy, eh?

• February 6, 2011 at 2:42 aminnerchihiro

What I didn’t understand was Houki’s sudden request to “go out” with Ichika. I certainly don’t speak fluid Japanese, but I believe that was the right term for it, and it was translated as such. Did she mean “date” or “hang out with?” (and why didn’t we see Ichika’s reaction to this statement at all?!)

• February 6, 2011 at 11:19 amP0NCH

I believe it was something along the lines of “go out with” as opposed to “go on a date/hang out”.
      Not seeing Ichika’s reaction to this very straight forward confession kinda bugged me too lol.

• February 6, 2011 at 2:59 amtama

Cant wait to See Laura vs Ichika next week, Germany Representative Laura bodewig The most tsundere of All. Ahhh… with this role Marina Inoue sure Remind me with her previous role as Tsukiumi on Sekirei ;)

• February 6, 2011 at 3:27 amewok40k

1. It’s a trap! Admiral Ackbar Award candidate spotted! Dunois family is evidently modelled on Dassault clan of RL aviation…
    2. Laura is obviously a stern, one-eyed badass. I presume she has some relation to Ichika’s sister, after all she has been trained by her, but can it be something more… yuri flavored?

• February 6, 2011 at 5:08 amkeiOnDaisuki

oh man, yuri between laura and chifuyu??! XD you opened my eyes! i am with you. since i don’t like her to fall for ichika, chifuyu-laura is a very nice idea. XDDD i haven’t thought of that before actually.XDDD ah..mah favorite IS characters,together..what a pretty thought.L0L

• February 6, 2011 at 11:14 amP0NCH

I too like this XD

• February 6, 2011 at 4:36 amX

It’s too bad that Ran is only an extra character, since I would love to see more of her!

Ran should not have covered up! (http://randomc.net/image/Infinite%20Stratos/Infinite%20Stratos%20-%2005%20-%20Large%2001.jpg)

Ichika is really really dense kinda similar to almost all harem male leads (this is why I always like Ken Sugisaki from Setokai cuz he is the only harem male lead that actually wants a harem and is too aware of it lol). So I think a more straight forward direct seduction approach by Ran will get the message across.

Man I wish Ran would play a greater like at least be one of his classmates or something, though too bad that’s not possible since she’s the sister of Ichika’s friend which means she’s probably still in middle school. Oh well at least I hope that she’ll show up once in a while cuz I definitely like her character.

It’s too bad “Charles” appearance is greatly overshadowed by the girl’s rivalry and Houki’s amusing inner desires, but oh well it looks like next episode might be “his” time to shine.

• February 6, 2011 at 4:42 amandi

late. . .
    i like this scene :3

• February 6, 2011 at 4:51 ammaxhyppla

all my rage .. this show is infinitely bad. I actually like easy to follow shows which often make no sense at all. But who cares about a very very dense male lead. _ALL_ girls in the show are fallen for him and he isnt interested in anybody. And the whole cast is absolutely flat .. a little bit more depth would be soo nice.

Colorwars was Shakespear compared to Inifnite Statos.

dropped hard..

• February 6, 2011 at 6:42 amNine

I agree with ya. All girls are fallen for him and this is the part i don’t understand. Maybe Animation always has something that won’t happen in the reality. Also, i felt the male lead character is lack of something (something like a real man should have).

• February 6, 2011 at 4:52 amkeiOnDaisuki

PLS LAURA! DON’T FALL FOR ICHIKA!! you don’t need to be part of the harem. DX

houki pissed me off again this episode >.>

• February 6, 2011 at 5:20 amAn

Pretty funny episode, I got to laugh a lot.
    Other unmentioned notable scenes :
    - Houki raises a solid death flag. Thank god this is a rabukome.
    - Fan and Cecilia sudden 180deg change of attitude. These girls are so simple to read lol
    - Again Fan and Cecilia attacking Ichika out of oppai paradise. Yandere at it’s finest.

• February 6, 2011 at 7:14 amkeiOnDaisuki

the shoutbox is gone. but i want to share this. L0L.

MIZUKI NANA WON BILLBOARD JAPAN MUSIC AWARD 2010

well, a lot of GDM songs won too. and too bad, HTT was lined-up to fight against such big names.

fortunately for GDM’s songs, they’re categorized into another under a fan-voting one,independent category.

• February 6, 2011 at 11:13 amFlamingYu

awesome post, Nana Mizuki!!

but still in this topic.

Once again, Go Laura!! Slap Ichika!!

• February 6, 2011 at 7:18 amrasone0104

It`s a trap.

• February 6, 2011 at 7:35 amNinja Penguin

When a gaijin character or 2 is required for a anime/manga, more often than it there will be an American. I’m pretty surprised that USA is nowhere to be found and all the wasterners in IS are represented by the European powers.

Deutschland über alles! Leave it to the German to blitzkreig the classroom and face off against the male lead. Laura seems pretty cool, but she seriously needs to lose the stereotype nazi pants and jackboots imho.

Cerudim Gundam/Klutzy teacher > Justice,quasi Strike Freedom/2 representative candidates > Psycho Gundam/drone….Hmm so drones are weak and useless badguys?

• February 6, 2011 at 9:07 amDanté

It’s not that Ichika is dense, but he doesn’t think to highly of himself.
    But seriuosly: How many girls does his harem need? I bet we’ll see ran again soon too (what’s the point of that scene if she doesn’t get involved anyway?)
    Charles was too obvious, but still a nice addition to the series

• February 6, 2011 at 10:10 amfragb85

Well that was a disappointing trap.

Note to the director: A trap (or a reverse trap) shouldn’t be obvious at the first moment. The fetish hits best when the reveal comes. “Charles” is so blatantly obvious that the appeal is lost. They could have given “him” a lower voice and toned “his” blushing to make it less obvious. So much for the dramatic reveal next episode.

• February 6, 2011 at 10:22 amChaos

i have to say that laura is probably just more Tsun Tsun then dere dere -now wait for it. over all their probably going to add another 2 girls to this love tetrahedron which i think is now some new undefinable abstract shape that only appears in quantum theory.

• February 6, 2011 at 12:00 pmDamrod

I myself am more curious about the Show Spoiler ▼

but more IS are alway’s welcome to see ^^

• February 6, 2011 at 1:23 pmgawrshness

I sure hope Laura has a more gentle side to her be it towards Ichika or someone else because her introduction really damaged her character to my eyes. I’m ok with uber serious types but not when they go slapping people just because they don’t like them

• February 6, 2011 at 1:24 pmarixx

they change so much stuff.

1. Charles and Laura suppose to transfer into the class together, I know it doesn’t seem like that big of a deal but the way I look at it, this kind of explain why they are so close later.
    2. Houki suppose to be the second in the legendary ohime-sama dako, should be another girl before her, and a silence agreement behind that as well.
    3. Which I think they totally mess up here is the roof top scene, when Ichika pressed forward on feeding Houki, rin actually step in and stole the meat, but heres the fun part, Ichika went ah theres no more meat left except this half eaten piece I bite into, and guess what happen next, all I can say is Houki got an indirect kiss next.

Don’t know why they change these scene, is not like it goner cost more time and money to actually done it right, probably add another 30 sec of anime times to just add these scenes.

• February 6, 2011 at 3:41 pmObsidianTK

This is the dream. Beautiful women want to feed you. What more could a man want in life?

• February 7, 2011 at 2:14 amlester

It IS a dream come true. Who would possibly resist that you’ll be studying in an all-girls school.

• February 6, 2011 at 9:17 pmYanDaMan

Its only a matter of time before Laura becomes part of the harem. You know it’s coming.

Charles is already a guaranteed, with how nice Ichika is to her.

• February 7, 2011 at 2:10 amlester

Can’t believe how cute Ran Gotanda is when she changed her clothes. And two transfer students, in two days in a row. Nice

So far here’s my list of fave IS girls:
    Cecilia Alcott
    Fan Rinin
    Houki Shinonono
    Ran Gotanda (Hope she’s on any other episodes)

On the preview Laura’s unit is a Heavy-Assault IS, I think. Thinking of Virtue or Seravee Gundam.

• February 7, 2011 at 3:08 amU Doh

Man, Anime producers don’t make Hanazawa Kana voice any “unpopular” character these days, really. And IS isn’t any kind of exception here either. I bet people will find the reason out soon.

• February 7, 2011 at 1:54 pmDjKu

Now I love Maya even more. Green haired and eyed glasses girls that snipe are pure love!

• February 7, 2011 at 5:58 pm0927123

Kana-tan sure is raking it good with all her roles.

• February 8, 2011 at 5:51 pmichigomaru

Ichika harem don’t stop growing?!

• February 8, 2011 at 7:47 pmHalfDemonInuyasha

In terms of Laura, probably be a more typical thing where either…

1.) She ends up spotting Ichika in various times of the day and observes how he is with the others and slowly, but surely changes her opinion of him when she sees what kind of person he is. Or ends up learning more through Chifuyu or someone.

…or…

2.) Something happens with Ichika doing some heroic deed for her and, like Cecilia, a pretty instantaneous, near 180 in attitude towards him.

• February 10, 2011 at 10:10 pmkoizumi

doesnt any1 think ichika is a little 2 stupid. i mean how can any1 be that dense like ill have some grub from each of ma hoes. he seems like the pretty steroetypical harem idiot lead. ayumu aikawa in kore wa zombie desuka is way more awesome with all his fantasies and butt-kicking

• July 21, 2011 at 3:21 pmVloxalion

You know, I watch the series before reading this blog. I totally fell for the trap. :/ I thought “Charles” was gay. Then, a theory (now worthless) entered my mind. Only girls, but two men? One is oblivious to female affection and the other is not interested. Every student shown so far has shown interest, so possibly none of them are homosexual. Does piloting an IS have to do with a lack of attraction to women? Perhaps the IS cores are some sort of feminine alien life form that doesn’t like competiton from other female life forms?