To Aru Majutsu no Index II – 18 »« To Aru Majutsu no Index II – 16

To Aru Majutsu no Index II – 17

OP2 Sequence

To Aru Majutsu no Index II   OP2   01 To Aru Majutsu no Index II   OP2   02 To Aru Majutsu no Index II   OP2   03
To Aru Majutsu no Index II   OP2   04 To Aru Majutsu no Index II   OP2   05 To Aru Majutsu no Index II   OP2   06
To Aru Majutsu no Index II   OP2   07 To Aru Majutsu no Index II   OP2   08 To Aru Majutsu no Index II   OP2   09

OP2: 「See visionS」 by 川田まみ (Kawada Mami)
Watch the 2nd OP!: Download, Streaming ▼

Just like the production staff announced on Twitter, included with this episode was the new opening sequence. I didn’t think much of Kawada Mami’s “See visionS” as an opening theme due to its mellow start, and even felt that they should have swapped it with Kurosaki Maon’s more upbeat “Memories Last” ending theme, but it works well with the sequence they made to go with it.

To Aru Majutsu no Index II   17   01 To Aru Majutsu no Index II   17   02 To Aru Majutsu no Index II   17   03
To Aru Majutsu no Index II   17   04 To Aru Majutsu no Index II   17   05 To Aru Majutsu no Index II   17   06
To Aru Majutsu no Index II   17   07 To Aru Majutsu no Index II   17   08 To Aru Majutsu no Index II   17   09
To Aru Majutsu no Index II   17   10 To Aru Majutsu no Index II   17   11 To Aru Majutsu no Index II   17   12
To Aru Majutsu no Index II   17   13 To Aru Majutsu no Index II   17   14 To Aru Majutsu no Index II   17   15
To Aru Majutsu no Index II   17   16 To Aru Majutsu no Index II   17   17 To Aru Majutsu no Index II   17   18
To Aru Majutsu no Index II   17   19 To Aru Majutsu no Index II   17   20 To Aru Majutsu no Index II   17   21
To Aru Majutsu no Index II   17   22 To Aru Majutsu no Index II   17   23 To Aru Majutsu no Index II   17   24
To Aru Majutsu no Index II   17   25 To Aru Majutsu no Index II   17   26 To Aru Majutsu no Index II   17   27
To Aru Majutsu no Index II   17   28 To Aru Majutsu no Index II   17   29 To Aru Majutsu no Index II   17   30
To Aru Majutsu no Index II   17   31 To Aru Majutsu no Index II   17   32 To Aru Majutsu no Index II   17   33
To Aru Majutsu no Index II   17   34 To Aru Majutsu no Index II   17   35 To Aru Majutsu no Index II   17   36
To Aru Majutsu no Index II   17   37 To Aru Majutsu no Index II   17   38 To Aru Majutsu no Index II   17   39

「罰ゲーム」 (Batsu Geemu)
“Punishment Game”

This has to be one of the few series where the character interactions provide a lot more entertainment than the actual plot, and Touma’s return to Academy City made this one of the best episodes this sequel in that regard. The huge cast of characters are a lot of fun to watch, especially when they all come together with their various nuances. In a very cliche sense, I dare say it doesn’t even matter what they’re doing, as long as they’re doing it together, and I’ll be thoroughly entertained.

Having Mikoto around is always a big plus, though I’m finding that it’s infinitely better when Kuroko is also around to both join in and break things up. I’d definitely like to see more of Uiharu though, especially after Kuroko hunted her down, as well as the very unlikely possibility of Saten making a cameo. There’s good reason they got their own side story, even though some of the best moments come from the Touma x Mikoto pairing that a lot of viewers like to see (myself included). It was nothing but good laughs all around, with a couple of my favorite scenes being the aforementioned one with Kuroko hauling Uiharu off, and Touma getting Mikoto’s expectations up by asking if she really like tormenting him that much. I think it’s about time Touma put that Imagine Breaker to use on his own head. There must be some sort of spell on him impeding his understanding of girls.

As this was only a setup episode of sorts, I’m almost certain I’ll come off as “unappreciative” of this series when I say it was far better than when the actual plot kicks in, but I have to say, it was far better than when the actual plot kicks in. After all, we saw the return of Accelerator, Last Order, and a handful of the remaining Sisters, the latter of whom fought amongst themselves about a certain 19090 watching her weight. Getting some lighthearted developments from them was refreshing, and helped balance out the Index raging that I’m all too familiar with now. Then there was Touma receiving not one punch to the face, but two at the same time for no real reason whatsoever. Misunderstandings are great too, particularly ones that involve Seiri and her abnormally large breasts.

Interestingly enough, the episode left off on what felt like a cliffhanger yet surely didn’t seem like one when Last Order stole 10032′s goggles. I wasn’t even sure what to make from the serious air things closed out on, as the next episode looks like we’ll get to see more of Kaori, Agnese, Sherry, and Hyouka. Also, we have a wet Laura, which I doubt many people will be opposed to seeing. I gather Hyouka will be the focus though, much like the new opening sequence is foreshadowing.

To Aru Majutsu no Index II   17   Preview 01 To Aru Majutsu no Index II   17   Preview 02 To Aru Majutsu no Index II   17   Preview 03
February 6, 2011 at 12:55 am
  • February 6, 2011 at 1:05 amClick

This one… was a funny one :P

• February 6, 2011 at 1:12 amSamurai Pumpkin

I’m not current with the visual novel but even if this was a filler episode this has got to be one of the best ones I have ever seen from any series.

I just about every moment of it.

• February 6, 2011 at 1:47 amSilentcid

To Aru no Majutsu no Index is not a visual novel but a light novel. Plus this is not a filler This is part of Volume 12 of the light novels.

• February 6, 2011 at 2:22 amGaze of Providence

Indeed. Though I wish there WAS a visual novel with Touma as the MC, and with a secret Accelerator route.

• February 6, 2011 at 1:16 amMaku Maku

I really laughed out loud on the scene with the sisters closing in on 19090. :D

• February 6, 2011 at 1:23 amDistantPain

I think quite a few people missed the off the wall humor this episode had. As soon as 10032 whipped out the gun, I was laughing at the ‘over the top’ response to her goggles being yanked off her. Naturally, they did that for a joke, as I doubt anything of substance will mention it next week.

Oh and the new OP had a nice refreshing pace to it than those more upbeat techno style songs. And I just love how Mami sings the solo part with such… hard to put it into words. It sounds great. Can’t wait to listen to the full song in 15 months, heh. :)

• February 6, 2011 at 2:29 amSuppa Tenko

Actually, i think the sister whipping out the gun is serious.

• February 6, 2011 at 4:20 amoutcast

I’m pretty sure it’s serious.

It’s time for revolution. The clones starting to develop unique personalities. Like with the weight watching.
        I’m pretty sure shit will hit the fan.

• February 6, 2011 at 7:16 amTwi

No ones going to get hurt…yet

• February 6, 2011 at 1:26 amDa5id

What, no mention of Accelerator’s unpunished walk-in? My god, this guy truely is the polar opposite of Touma, and not just in apperance. I bet he could just get in all kinds of peverted hijinks if he wanted to, and no one would give a crap.

It’d be hella funny to watch, though.

• February 6, 2011 at 2:00 amahelo

Accelarator can take those scenes without getting flustered.

• February 6, 2011 at 8:00 amSilentcid

He was more irritated by the fact they didn’t bother to lock the door when walked in.

• February 6, 2011 at 2:01 amKarl

I agree. At first I was shocked and feared about the dignity of a favourite character, but Accelerator played it out well. I love how everbody except Last Order just dont give a shit xD

• February 7, 2011 at 1:56 amDarklord

One annoying cliche avoided…

Seriously, the guy-walks-on-a-naked-girl-who-conveniently-forgot-to-lock-the-door-but-still-has-to-punish-the-guy-because-it-is-obviously-his-fault is overdone to death.

I’m glad they did not screw up Accelerator’s character…

• February 6, 2011 at 1:27 amTruth

The new OP sucks… it sounds like some girly anime OP. Am I the only one who think that S1 OPs are way better than S2′s… Anyway, I feel like this season will most likely get rushed because there are still like 5 arcs left (including this one) and there will be less actions too… mostly due to the Daihasei Festival Arc (that was a long boring cat and mouse chase)

• February 6, 2011 at 1:37 amKakarum

I doubt the phrase “less actions” is going to apply to the next arc……in fact , it is definitely going to beat all of the other arcs. There is a reason why each of these characters are introduced in this episode (with the exception of Uiharu & Kuroko).

• February 6, 2011 at 1:45 amGaze of Providence

5 arcs left?
      I really like to see where you get that information from.

• February 6, 2011 at 1:46 amDa5id

…5 Arcs?! The hell are you talking about? This season’s only going up to Volume 13 of the novels, and there’s 11 left to use (including SS1 and SS2) for future seasons. If anything, we’re not even half way through.

And the hell does “girly op” mean? They’re all sung by the same person.

• February 6, 2011 at 1:50 amSilentcid

I would like it to go up to the SS1 novel because having Vol 13 seems to be a more nicer start for a third season.

• February 6, 2011 at 1:54 amKakarum

I don`t mind it if it ends at volume 13. The epilogue of volume 13 is an awesome way to mark the beginning of the 3rd season , and effectively the real collision between Magic and Science!! Show Spoiler ▼

• February 6, 2011 at 2:20 amGaze of Providence

Seeing as how there is a cameo of a certain group in the new OP, I’m expecting SS 1 to be animated soon as an OVA.

I hoping for that.

• February 6, 2011 at 7:50 amSilentcid

Yeah SS1 could easily be an OVA which would be kind of cool. Yet, there are parts on there that if someone who wouldn’t of seen the OVA; would be slightly confused when it stuff starts to get mentioned a bit on from volume 13 and onward.

• February 6, 2011 at 1:57 amLonghaul

“I feel like this season will most likely get rushed because there are still like 5 arcs left”

? 5 neither matches up with how many arcs were in this season, or how many arcs there are left to be covered by further seasons

• February 6, 2011 at 9:50 amFoofie

Yeah the first OP in season 1 was actually the first time I have ever liked an OP in an anime.

• February 6, 2011 at 1:33 amoliviaven

I kinda like the new op, the lyrics are pretty nice ^^

• February 6, 2011 at 1:42 amwasabi

Can’t wait to see some Accelerator action!

• February 6, 2011 at 1:43 amGaze of Providence

Ah, the turning point of the entire light novel series. The point where Kamachi somehow got hit with a bat that made his writing from slowly getting better to immediately awesome.

If I recall correctly, after the events of this arc. Kamachi started writing the Railgun sidestory, because Show Spoiler ▼

• February 6, 2011 at 2:00 amLonghaul

Mikoto is as relevant in later novels as she was before this part.

I wonder if people expect “Mikoto I choose you, use Railgun attack!”.

• February 6, 2011 at 2:16 amGaze of Providence

She is as relevant as the previous novels, which is to say NOT THAT MUCH, though I should emphasized the “that” in my spoilered sentence.

• February 6, 2011 at 2:01 amahelo

Aww. Oh well she has her own 24-episode series though. And probably a season 2.

• February 6, 2011 at 1:45 amTehJawknee

This episode is exactly why I watch the series. Having the Misaka network interact the way they do makes for awesome lulz.

• February 6, 2011 at 1:48 amGaze of Providence

I finally get to see the Delta Trio and their crazy antics. Last season only had 1 and they didn’t even beat the crap out of each other like the novel did.

• February 6, 2011 at 1:51 amMentar

Absolutely wonderful ep ^_^… this is Toaru Majutsu no Index at its best!

• February 6, 2011 at 1:54 amSilentcid

Best part when Accelerator comments on Komoe-sensei’s size thinking some crazy research where they can stop aging.

• February 6, 2011 at 1:54 amecho

this is how the picture taken suppose to look like (before Kuroko interrupts…)

• February 6, 2011 at 1:57 amahelo

This has to be one of the best episode of the series.

• February 6, 2011 at 2:03 amTama

Lol… Touma with his chain of misfortune. This episode so funny and looking forward for next arc

• February 6, 2011 at 2:18 amGaze of Providence

This should be the last arc, unless everything in the trailer and my common sense are all filled with lies.

• February 6, 2011 at 2:39 amDa5id

Well, the trailer DID also show Terra and Acqua, so if this season DOES end on this current arc, then yes, the trailer would’ve lied about how far it would go.

• February 6, 2011 at 2:14 amLonghaul

A very fun episode to watch.

• February 6, 2011 at 2:14 amamado

yeah I agree with everyone else. this one was more enjoyable than the previous arcs. characters interacting together can cause a lot of things to happen.

• February 6, 2011 at 7:58 amSilentcid

I guess I am the exception. I love every part of this season as I get to see what I have been reading all this time be animated.

• February 6, 2011 at 2:23 ammistress_kisara

Love the episode!!! Especially the Misaka sisters!! ^_^

• February 6, 2011 at 2:58 amWaka

I would love Index if it had much less stupid plot, enough of Touma’s Falcon Punch. This episode is probably the best from current season ;D

• February 6, 2011 at 3:17 amLitho

I don’t really care for the plot, or most of the characters, for that matter.

I just wanna see that chalk-chick (the one from the last arc in the first season) in lingerie like she appeared in the OP!!

• February 6, 2011 at 7:54 amSilentcid

Next Episode…

• February 6, 2011 at 3:21 amewok40k

It is sad that breather and humor episodes like this one are better than plot-revolving ones.
    It is fun watching Kuroko and her antics, Mikoto and her tsundere ways, Sisters starting to take on personal traits and quirks, Accelerator becoming anti-heroic, etc.
    BTW, wet Laura from preview of next ep is high octane fetish fuel…

• February 6, 2011 at 3:38 amIncognito

Ship tease alert! Ship tease alert!

*scary tone* U~I~HA~*teleports*~RUU!! (Somebody, anybody, please make a .gif of that scene.)
    Ah…every funny scene in Index/Railgun is funnier with Kuroko… Hell, the whole episode is a barrage of one crowning moment of funny after another! Just the way it should be before a “heavy” arc.

And it looks like we’re gonna see that scene with Kaori and that washing machine next episode… Sweetness!!

On an off-topic note (and because the shoutbox is offline):

• February 6, 2011 at 5:48 amZmil

the best episode this season!!!!

• February 6, 2011 at 6:18 amJohn Smith

i hope theyll continue till [spoiler]WW3[/spoiler]

• February 6, 2011 at 7:32 amewok40k

spoiler tag fail…

• February 6, 2011 at 7:56 amSilentcid

That’s why directions and preview comment button exist…

• February 6, 2011 at 6:53 amScience

It seems not many people liked the new Op. I loved it! It fits really well.
    Did anyone see the results of “Kono light novel ga sugoi”? Turns out Index took first place in every catagory. Pretty surprising:

• February 6, 2011 at 7:45 amYoruhime

Wow, seriously? That’s pretty amazing :D
      (offtopic- Durarara!! is only 9th?)

• February 6, 2011 at 7:53 amWilfriback

@DIVINE:
    “I think it’s about time Touma put that Imagine Breaker to use on his own head. There must be some sort of spell on him impeding his understanding of girls.”

Errr, No, that only applies on Mikoto just because she is tsundere just remind how Touma was with Seiri and Aisa during the sports festival, Touma was more aware of them by far compared to Mikoto. Heck, even the Sisters are more honest and direct towards him and Touma really notices that!
    Thats what I call “cock blocking yourseelf” in Mikoto’s situation.

Sherry… looks unexpectedlly hot and Kanzaki too, but what really need is more Itsuwa being both cute and utteryle badass.

• February 6, 2011 at 9:13 amhjerry

With all the character interactions showing us where the characters are now. I felt like we just came back from a time skip rather than just another arc.Also, freeze the opening when sherry is shown through the window. Am I the only one who noticed that she’s only wearing a negligee?

• February 6, 2011 at 9:17 amgawrshness

Dude she said “revolution” are some of the sisters planning to separate themselves from the Last Order or something? At first I thought she was just having a rather overreaction to her goggles being stolen but the aura was too serious for a joke D:

• February 6, 2011 at 10:13 amfragb85

Loved this episode. Sadly it also highlights one of the major flaws of the series. The character interactions are fun and entertaining, but once the serious stuff starts all the exposition and talk make for some of the most boring action series I’ve ever had to watch. I’m not even sure if its the directing, or the fact that the show is trying to be too faithful to the novels.

• February 6, 2011 at 11:17 amScience

Yeah, but ya see that only applies to casual viewers of the show. If you’re a genuine fan, the exposition and talking is no problem at all. The fact that Index has sold over 10 million volume copies in japan is testament to this. ;)

• February 7, 2011 at 12:33 pmdo_ob

exposition is needed or else alot of people will complain. Like in the last ep where people were going “I like how this ship is affected by his hand and not the others” when it did state why.

• February 6, 2011 at 10:34 amLee

Is this a preview of ex-#1 Level-5 vs. the #2 Level-5?

To anyone following the light novels, which arc is this battle in, and is it coming up soon in the anime?

• February 6, 2011 at 1:11 pmxcswmboy

No no, that’s just Kihara, he’s not level 5, and it will be during this arc with Vent.

• February 7, 2011 at 12:35 pmdo_ob

• February 7, 2011 at 12:36 pmdo_ob

What the fuck is with these spoiler codes! they are put in correctly!!

• February 7, 2011 at 2:53 pmSilentcid

When you reply to someone you see the part on top of the text box called “Leave a Reply to…” Well read just below that and you can see your IQ raise up 10 points.

• February 7, 2011 at 3:25 pmdo_ob

well its different from any other forum i’ve been on.

• February 8, 2011 at 10:15 amDivine

This isn’t a forum, and it’s explained right above the box you commented in.

• February 8, 2011 at 6:28 pmdo_ob

i know it isn’t a forum but on MAL u have to put it in urself so its like a habit. BTw if u fixed it for me, thanks.

• February 6, 2011 at 11:18 amJeff

Mikoto and her tsundereness!

• February 6, 2011 at 12:06 pmJack Vojack

I can’t believe no one said this yet!

VIVA LA REVOLUCION!

• February 6, 2011 at 1:16 pmxcswmboy

I love this episode. I totally agree with Divine that the character interactions during normal everyday life is so much more interesting than the actual action plots. I guess that’s why the light novels have the SS volumes.

Touma getting double punched is totally reasonable. How DARE he say such unappreciated things? Aogami Pierce is totally correct in that Touma can trigger all sorts of female encounters so unfairly.

• February 6, 2011 at 1:44 pmcode fanboy

To be honest. I can’t tell what Misaka is dreaming when she was like this. http://randomc.net/image/To%20Aru%20Majutsu%20no%20Index/To%20Aru%20Majutsu%20no%20Index%20II%20-%2017%20-%20Large%2002.jpg

That was something not even the author dared to show us.

• February 6, 2011 at 2:01 pmSquaredonut

Watching Kuroko going crazy each time she catches Mikoto & Touma together is fun. That and the super speed of light kick Kuroko dished out at the end…. I just had to rewind & watch that kick a few times =)

• February 6, 2011 at 3:44 pmMrBrownSound

Was it just me or did Misaka seem oddly different in this episode.

• February 7, 2011 at 8:08 amGaze of Providence

It’s just the winter uniform.

• February 6, 2011 at 5:04 pmSuzushina Yuriko

Don’t worry, 10032 is using rubber bullets in her gun. She won’t seriously kill Last Order or she’ll risk invoking the wrath of Accelerater. And it really bothers me that they cut yet ANOTHER Accel/LO scene in favor for more Mikoto screentime, and they didn’t even show Accel’s reaction to Yomikawa’s 5 rice cookers! DL<

GROUP IN THE OPENING HELL YEAH! I still don't know why they're included there, but I'm not complaining. Perhaps this is an indicaiton of an OVA of SS or a third season?

I guarantee that this is singlehandedly the best arc in the Index anime so far. Whenever Accelerator gets involved, things are guaranteed to be epic.

• February 6, 2011 at 7:48 pmYoruhime

What Accel/LO scene did they cut? I don’t follow the light novel but I think I should.. What was Accel’s reactions to the rice cookers (omg there was 5?)?

• February 7, 2011 at 2:55 pmSilentcid

He doesn’t care about the rice cookers…

• February 6, 2011 at 6:39 pmX

Touma is finally showing some interest to the girls, when he wants to rub Fukiyose’s breasts, though whats funny is that instead of Fukiyose, I’m sure that Aisa Himegami would pretty much let him do whatever he wants with her.

Gotta love Touma X Mikoto developments!

• February 7, 2011 at 3:01 pmSilentcid

I really don’t think they were actually talking about her breast. This part on the novel they were talking about massages. They go up to Fukiyose about it but how they worded it to her made it sound perverted and were misunderstood. For the misunderstanding they got beaten up by Fukiyose.

• February 6, 2011 at 7:19 pmYakamaru

• February 6, 2011 at 7:58 pmShirt

Need more fillers. <3

• February 7, 2011 at 3:08 pmSilentcid

To Aru Majutsu no Index has no fillers. Everything you see here happens in the novels.

• February 7, 2011 at 8:59 pmShirt

I need to stop being Anime-only. Dx

• February 6, 2011 at 8:32 pmAdeptZero

Love that new opening, can’t stop listening to it xD

• February 6, 2011 at 10:25 pmKinny Riddle

Oh Kuroko, joining in with Touma in the skirt-fanning madness. LMAO

When it comes to fanning her onee-sama’s skirt, she’ll definitely won’t want to miss out.

I actually take pity on poor Kuroko, her affections for Mikoto has largely gone unrequited, now that Touma is proving stiff opposition. And now even Uiharu has decided to go and flirt with her onee-sama behind her back. XD (Poor Saten-san at that as well. )

It seems an Index episode instantly becomes good everytime all three elements of Biribiri – herself, her regular clones (Sisters) and Last Order all appear together, albeit never in the same scene at once. :D

(Now that I think about it, Mikoto has never met Last Order, has she?)

• February 7, 2011 at 2:16 amewok40k

now we need Saten to go beyond mere fanning and do straight skirt flip… and anyway genre-savvy Mikoto has bloomers over her panties so no real deal…

• February 6, 2011 at 10:36 pmKinny Riddle

Hey, I just noticed something different besides the new OP…

WINTER UNIFORMS!

Is it me or did summer feel like an eternity in the Index-verse, stretching all the way from Railgun, Index S1 and just over half of Index S2 (in that chronological order)?

• February 7, 2011 at 6:19 amGaze of Providence

The anime adaptation of the Toaru Majutsu no Index universe officially started in the middle of the month of July in Railgun (Level Upper Arc), the current arc’s date is September 30.

• February 7, 2011 at 4:38 amMoondogg

The calm before the storm… That will leave the world in chaos. I have seen the novel and believe me, this is the beginning.

• February 7, 2011 at 10:13 amLectro Volpi

Ah, Seiri… pretty much the reason I watched Index in the first place.

• February 7, 2011 at 5:37 pmScience

That’s funny because she wasn’t even in the first season. Unless you only started watching at S2.

• February 7, 2011 at 11:21 pmRailgun