Hourou Musuko – 06 »« Hourou Musuko – 04

Hourou Musuko   05   22 Hourou Musuko   05   23 Hourou Musuko   05   24
Hourou Musuko   05   25 Hourou Musuko   05   26 Hourou Musuko   05   27
Hourou Musuko   05   28 Hourou Musuko   05   29 Hourou Musuko   05   30
Hourou Musuko   05   31 Hourou Musuko   05   32 Hourou Musuko   05   33
Hourou Musuko   05   34 Hourou Musuko   05   35 Hourou Musuko   05   36
Hourou Musuko   05   37 Hourou Musuko   05   38 Hourou Musuko   05   39

「夏のおわりに ~Long, long shadow~」 (Natsu no Owari ni ~Long, long shadow~)
“End of Summer ~Long, long shadow~”

As I mentioned last time, I feel really bad for Chiba, but she really too selfish for her own good especially demanding that Ariga vote her to be Romeo so that she could be with Nitori. Driving her friends away (if she even considers them that) and isolating oneself is only going to pull her situation downhill. Ariga, the one I consider the most mature out of their group, tries to help her and also sharply points out that the world doesn’t revolve around her and Nitori. The twisted triangle relationship they have becomes even crazier when Ninomiya, Chiba’s friend from church, shows up and he’s obviously jealous of Nitori given his own feelings for Chiba. He ends up being the catalyst for a messy scene at Chiba’s house when he calls out Nitori for being a cross-dresser in front of everyone. Alone in his bathroom he reveals his disgust for Nitori’s transsexualism… then proceeds to cross-dress himself. Similar people gravitate towards each other it seems.

I think only Sarashina and Shirai were unaware of Nitori’s secret though so the impact wasn’t that big. I love Sarashina’s upbeat “What the hell” I’ll-do-what-I-want attitude (e.g. dressing in a guy’s uniform) and it’s pretty obvious she doesn’t think that much of Nitori’s behavior, aside from being excited about finding a new partner in deviancy. It’s good that she still knows when she has stepped overboard and has no ill intent. Sarashima is definitely growing to be one of my favorite characters among the cast. Nitori doesn’t care that much either about the situation with Ninomiya, but Takatsuki and Chiba seemed to be affected the most, which places them as among the two characters closest to Nitori. Takatsuki understands him especially well and remains a close friend even if she doesn’t reciprocate his feelings for her.

They finally finish up the script around the end of summer break, but the roles are selected by random draw. I was half expecting Nitori and Takatsuki to draw the roles they wanted, but interestingly, Chiba gets the role of Romeo and Ariga gets Juliet. Unfortunately this results in Chiba becoming very depressed and she wants to kill all the characters instead… I swear that girl will grow up to be a psychopath. Ariga on the other hand drew the character that matches him perfectly as a guy who wants to be a girl, although Chiba clearly outclasses him in acting ability. Given the friction between the characters, I’m glad seeing both of them agree to do their best, and it looks the cultural festival and play will be shown in the next episode.

Hourou Musuko   05   Preview 01 Hourou Musuko   05   Preview 02 Hourou Musuko   05   Preview 03
February 20, 2011 at 4:52 pm
  • February 20, 2011 at 5:36 pmJusta_Dream

Ok so does Nitorin’s sister’s model friend( http://randomc.net/image/Hourou%20Musuko/Hourou%20Musuko%20-%2005%20-%20Large%2034.jpg ) like him too or what? It hasn’t really given us much info on that but the phone charm could mean something other than “she just happened to like it so much she bought one for herself too”. Anyway, I wonder if the play is gonna go smoothly? I can’t imagine it will.

• February 20, 2011 at 6:44 pmProoof

She’s interested in him at least

• February 20, 2011 at 11:27 pmAlec

You’ll be suprised of what happens in the manga!

• February 20, 2011 at 8:22 pmShirt

Sarashina wasn’t my favorite before but she won me over today. I love how she’s so open about her interests. She’d make a great addition to any posse.

Chiba’s crazy. I almost thought she was a little out of character when she ranted about killing the others. I wonder if she was going to change the script to make that possible? She did color those flowers BLACK. D:

• February 20, 2011 at 8:25 pmKumakaori

The parts of this episode that stick with me the most, are where Takatsuki storms out of the script writing session after Ninomiya outs Nitori. Then, later where Nitori confides in Makoto that Takatsuki “got angry for him” …. then due to the way the roles fell after the drawing, Makoto steps up to the plate to keep up with Chiba in terms of acting, after she covers for him in the classroom.

Hmmn, I think i’m trying to say I liked how Makoto and Nitori’s stories are starting to mirror each other. It’s not identical, but it’s fun to see the growth.

Good to finally see Saori express herself and not be seen as nothing but a bitch. Gives me hope for her character.

• February 20, 2011 at 8:29 pmkeiOnDaisuki

Prooof! I agree with you about chii-chan!
    XDD she’s so funny. XD it’s quite adorable that she’s insensitive to delicate things w/o having ill-intentions at all. XD she’s so weird but really likable.XD

saori, i feel sorry for her despite her attitude that i find myself rooting for her instead of takatsuki. DX oh well,ninomiya,who secretly loves to cross-dress might be the one for her.XD

lastly, i love anna!! so pretty! XD

• February 20, 2011 at 8:41 pmTala Grey

I mainly feel sorry for Sasa-chan, she’s always stuck between Takatsuki and Chiba. I love it how hard she tries to keep everyone together!
    I can’t stand Ninomiya. >.<

• February 21, 2011 at 12:07 amAlec

Sasa is my second favourite charater in Hoourou Musuko after Anna. I love the fact she is everyone’s Sasa-chan!

• February 20, 2011 at 9:00 pmKirino

Chiba and Ariga might become a couple.

• February 20, 2011 at 9:49 pmxcswmboy

Ariga is a horrible actor. =P

• February 21, 2011 at 10:17 amSnicket

@Proof,
    I’m a couple episodes behind you and i can’t seem to make heads or tails of everything. Does the plot settle down and focus on one group for more the a few minutes. Or does it keep jumping around and try to tell all the stories at once?

• February 21, 2011 at 10:30 amProoof

I would say the story revolves around the main two characters but there are definitely snippets of side characters once in a while

• February 22, 2011 at 9:54 pmlastSKYsamurai

Which class member is the one on the poster? I don’t really remember her… She’s actually a model in the story?

• February 22, 2011 at 11:00 pmAlec

It’s Shuu’s older sister. She’s a model alright. Shuu too WAS also a model,but left for some obvious reasons

• February 22, 2011 at 11:27 pmlastSKYsamurai

ah! it’s Maho, I see. I should have noticed only, she’s not actually in Shu’s class so I didn’t make the connection. Cheers ;) BTW, have you heard Alec? LAST EXILE is getting a sequel!!! FY!

Catcha!

• February 23, 2011 at 12:43 amAlec

Yup! afterall, its my 2nd favourite anime after honey and clover. How can I not know! XD- but I refuse to call it a sequel though coz we wont be seeing claus,lavie, and PERHAPS Alex ever again.

I really hope the new last exile will surpass the original and Finally save Gonzo from bankruptcy