Super Robot Wars OG: The Inspector – 22 »« Super Robot Wars OG: The Inspector – 20

Super Robot Wars OG: The Inspector – 21

Super Robot Wars OG The Inspector   21   01 Super Robot Wars OG The Inspector   21   02 Super Robot Wars OG The Inspector   21   03
Super Robot Wars OG The Inspector   21   04 Super Robot Wars OG The Inspector   21   05 Super Robot Wars OG The Inspector   21   06
Super Robot Wars OG The Inspector   21   07 Super Robot Wars OG The Inspector   21   08 Super Robot Wars OG The Inspector   21   09
Super Robot Wars OG The Inspector   21   10 Super Robot Wars OG The Inspector   21   11 Super Robot Wars OG The Inspector   21   12
Super Robot Wars OG The Inspector   21   13 Super Robot Wars OG The Inspector   21   14 Super Robot Wars OG The Inspector   21   15
Super Robot Wars OG The Inspector   21   16 Super Robot Wars OG The Inspector   21   17 Super Robot Wars OG The Inspector   21   18
Super Robot Wars OG The Inspector   21   19 Super Robot Wars OG The Inspector   21   20 Super Robot Wars OG The Inspector   21   21
Super Robot Wars OG The Inspector   21   22 Super Robot Wars OG The Inspector   21   23 Super Robot Wars OG The Inspector   21   24
Super Robot Wars OG The Inspector   21   25 Super Robot Wars OG The Inspector   21   26 Super Robot Wars OG The Inspector   21   27
Super Robot Wars OG The Inspector   21   28 Super Robot Wars OG The Inspector   21   29 Super Robot Wars OG The Inspector   21   30
Super Robot Wars OG The Inspector   21   31 Super Robot Wars OG The Inspector   21   32 Super Robot Wars OG The Inspector   21   33
Super Robot Wars OG The Inspector   21   34 Super Robot Wars OG The Inspector   21   35 Super Robot Wars OG The Inspector   21   36
Super Robot Wars OG The Inspector   21   37 Super Robot Wars OG The Inspector   21   38 Super Robot Wars OG The Inspector   21   39

「眠れ、地の底で」 (Nemure, Chi no Soko de)
“Rest, Beneath the Earth”

Even with all the Sanger/Wodan build-up last time, it was all about the Branstein brothers’ revenge like the preview suggested. Their cousin Leona Garstein (Sakakibara Yui) was eager to help out as well, which had me eagerly looking forward to seeing Archibald get what he deserves. The episode even took a trip down memory lane to remind us exactly why that is, going back three years ago when Archibald cruelly made Elzam kill his wife Cattleya (Maeda Ai) to save the lives of everyone in the Elpis space colony. It caused the very rift between Rai and Elzam seen today, which made it all the more sweet to see the two of them finish him off themselves. Who says nothing good comes from exacting revenge? When it’s a villain with no redeeming qualities, I say kill the bastard!

Leading up to that, there was plenty of action to go around this time, featuring various new scenes to go with it. Unfortunately, the same SRX Variable Formation sequence was used, though it was still cool to see them bust it out again. I don’t think I’ll ever get sick of the music that’s played during Pattern OOC, which extended well into the ass-kicking it delivered with its Hi-Finger Launcher this time around. Everything that followed suit was pretty over the top in that awesome kind of way, from the Double Blade Kick that Ryuusei had Ryouto perform with him in the Exbein Boxer to Mai hoping onto Rio’s AM Gunner in her R-Gun because SHE CAN. Those were some “oh what” moments that quickly became a “oh hell yeah” ones. While we did get to see the start of the Dygenguar/Thrudgelmir fight that will pick up next time, Tetsuya ramming the Earth Cradle with Kurogane’s Titanic Drill followed by a good chunk of guys rushing in made me want to see what was going down inside more than outside. It was heart-pumping mecha goodness all around (for me anyway), which came with the obligatory group shot squaring off against their enemies.

Along with the heated rivalry happening outside, The School children need to rid themselves of their past demons next, namely the wretched Dr. Setme, and saving Ouka is pretty key to doing so. Cuervo seems intent on helping her after realizing how heartless Setme is, after she hooked up Ouka to the GEIM system and let it destroy her sanity as if she weren’t even human. What he’ll actually be able to do is another thing though, considering the thrashing the Rapiecage gave to Arado, Seolla, Shine, and Latune. Granted, they didn’t want to attack Ouka to begin with, but the mind-controlled GEIM System is supposed to be pretty overpowered like it was depicted to be here. I won’t say too much more so that I don’t inadvertently ruin any potential surprises, except for how Super Robot Wars is a robot series that knows how to deal out the fan-service like no other. They may as well have called it the Bondage System. Yikes.

* The opening sequence was updated a bit more, this time with an “evil” Excellen to go with her Rein Weiss Ritter.

Super Robot Wars OG The Inspector   21   Preview 01 Super Robot Wars OG The Inspector   21   Preview 02 Super Robot Wars OG The Inspector   21   Preview 03
February 27, 2011 at 6:30 am
  • February 27, 2011 at 6:51 amKGFJ

I thought I’d be really disappointed since they didn’t show zanpakutou vs zanpakutou yet that was still awesome!!!
    I screamed hell yeah! when that bastard finally got served. That wretched seimei is pretty clever too, by using that helmet so that ouka can control her robot without directly piloting it.
    and evil excellen really sexy too! I hope I can see her in the next episode ^^

• February 27, 2011 at 12:37 pmShui Gor

zanpakutou vs zanpakutou

Wrong show

• February 28, 2011 at 1:55 amKGFJ

Sorry, I mean Sanger vs Wodan ^^

• February 27, 2011 at 7:19 ampaulrenzo

@preview

Did someone’s sword just get cleaved?

• February 27, 2011 at 8:04 amSuppa Tenko

I like how the variable formation theme lasted more than 2 minutes. And I never knew the SRX could dis-assemble so quickly.

• February 27, 2011 at 10:14 amSilivious

Seeing the path this is taking….I wouldn’t doubt that Ouka’s story wraps up fast, and not with the way people want.

• February 27, 2011 at 10:23 amlaaa

waiting your post about broken blade 4 (btw movie was awsome)

• February 27, 2011 at 4:24 pmShirt

I’m waiting for it too. Though I haven’t seen it cuz I’m waiting for the .avi format to be released so I can watch it on my Xbox. Netbooks don’t take well to big .mkv files. :]

p.s. Gosick episode 8? -curious-

• February 27, 2011 at 12:02 pmRockmanshi

Don’t worry it was heart-pumping mecha goodness for all of us. I was also quite excited when R-Gun powered mounted the Gunner. HOLY SHIT inducing moment indeed.
    And damn , I have never been teased this much in my entire life, I can’t wait anymore, with this and Madoka and other stuff next week looks so far away.
    Bondage System indeed. Now someone talented should edit out Setme from the pic…

• February 27, 2011 at 12:25 pmfragb85

Wow we got trolled again. Sanger vs. Wodan didn’t happen after the foreshadowing last episode. Still got some nice action though. The SRX+Boxer combo was awesome. Heck anytime the SRX is on its awesome.

They may as well have called it the Bondage System
    The funny thing is, this series has been pretty mild in the fanservice. For on Obari show anyway.

• February 27, 2011 at 2:30 pmSol Fury

Yeah, I agree, the fanservice is pretty much in line with what you see in the games.

The battle sequences in this episode were unbelievably cool, and at last, Archibald got what he deserved. Next week, Wodan VS Sangar? Sure hope so after all this buildup.

• February 27, 2011 at 4:19 pmShirt

I’m not really into Mech shows but then again, I’m fervently watching Star Driver and Infinite Stratos. I need to jump on this soon.

• February 27, 2011 at 4:34 pmxcswmboy

What IS the GEIM system? What does it stand for? What does it do? I only really see increased speed so far, so is there something else? And what exactly does it do to the pilot?

Other than that, Archibald dying a gruesome death was very satisfying. That ugly ass Setme must receive the same next episode.

• February 27, 2011 at 9:32 pmGuardian

I’m not sure what it stands for, but it looks like it’s a direct neural interface into the mecha itself … much like the Zero System in Gundam Wing

• February 27, 2011 at 11:09 pmSol Fury

It showed up first in Divine Wars / OG1, it was developed by Adler originally. It is effectively a battle computer system that uses the pilot as a biological computer – the time limit referred to is the point at which the pilot stops being human and loses themselves to the machine. It’s not pretty.

No idea what the acronym stands for.

• February 27, 2011 at 4:46 pmGoungenosider

hope that evil old hag professor get kill in the next episode..

• February 27, 2011 at 5:25 pmChaos

• February 27, 2011 at 8:31 pmRay

Everyone involved had at least a great scene of action, it made this episode great.

Also, it was very clever the way they managed to shoot Archibald. And then the R2 with the Chakram. Man, I’d be terrified too.

• February 27, 2011 at 9:15 pmBossun

Will this series/season (depending on how you want to look at it) wrap up the SRWOG story or are there more games to convert to anime?

• February 27, 2011 at 11:13 pmSol Fury

There’s SRW OG Gaiden, which brought in a few more villains from I think it was Impact and undid the deaths of a couple of characters.

You’ve also got the whole Lord of Elemental Gaiden game that could potentially be adapted as well.

• March 2, 2011 at 7:24 pmname

Compact 3, R, and The Great Battle series.

• February 28, 2011 at 5:54 amKenji

Great Episode
    I hope that Mitsuko will be killed, i dont like that lady very much.

• February 28, 2011 at 7:20 amJ Jay

Good episode, plenty of action in all the right places. That group shot gave me the chills.

However, I am wondering how they’re going to fit the end-game into the last few episodes. Assuming the previews aren’t genital-teasing *again*, the next episode will resolve both the Earth Cradle related plots. Which gives four episodes to show

And a few minutes more for the epilogue. It’s not impossible to do an episode each, but it’s going to be packed as far as I can see. I hope Obari has thought this out well; and saved a sizeable chunk of the animation budget.

• February 28, 2011 at 11:16 amSol Fury

I can see those four elements all blending together. Especially since 1), 2) and 3) could all happen back-to-back, and 4) could feed directly from 1).

Bear in mind, I’ve not played the games for this part, so I’ve no idea how it should go. But I agree with your comment on 2).

• March 3, 2011 at 12:36 pmanishuma

Argh, I hate how it says “To be continued” at the end of every episode.Such a tease lol