Reader’s Choice – Favorite Anime 2011 Poll »« Reader’s Choice – Favorite Anime 2010 Poll

Poll: Spring 2011 Anime Season

x men aria kaiji hakairoku oretsuba tigerandbunny
dogdays henzemi qwaser2 lotte omocha moshidora

After allocating whatever free time I had in the past couple of months, I managed to get the season preview out on the week I was hoping, meaning there should be ample time to vote on the upcoming spring shows. Please keep in mind that most shows will likely be pushed out a week due to the natural disaster that struck Japan, so there’s anywhere from one and a half to two and a half weeks before the season starts. Once again, you can refer to the Spring 2011 Preview for any dates that have changed. The currently announced changes are marked in red and more are likely to come.

I realize it’s going to be difficult to pick 5 shows from the 43 that will be airing, but keep in mind that this poll is only intended to get an idea for what readers are looking forward to. Just vote for the five shows that you’re looking forward to the most, even if you plan to watch many more than that. Hopefully the season preview has given you a better idea as to what each title is about and if there are any that interest you. I’ve already categorized all the shows according to my expectations, so now I turn things over to you to share your thoughts. You never know, some fan sub groups just might be listening.

Note: The same poll will also be available on the sidebar. It is tentatively set to close on April 1st at 7:00 AM GMT, coinciding with the start of the new season. If the season start date gets pushed out, so will the poll.

March 22, 2011 at 2:00 pm
  • March 22, 2011 at 2:06 pmPw3age

C is going to be the best show next season.

• March 22, 2011 at 4:20 pm✙Croosboy✙

hehehe we can’t say yet. its like “IS” is the best anime this season but later we found out the Madoka was ruling over people,

• March 22, 2011 at 10:33 pmLilly

IS….Xb

Letter bee owned this season for me XD
        its opinion Xb

• March 22, 2011 at 10:43 pmCharles

Mahou Shojou all the way XD

also still waiting for the next episode to come out >.>

• March 23, 2011 at 2:06 amGhostalker

We should reserve ourselves not to declare a series as the “season’s best” for now. It is still to early to speculate and it just increases our expectations needlessly, besides none from the list above was been shown yet. We should avoid hyping a series because it might disappoint us like how too many viewers expected too much from FRACTALE (thanks to the hype) and it turns out to be a “good” series but not really as great as how it was promoted, as it turns out, another series outdone everything the series could offer. Just saying ~

• March 23, 2011 at 2:18 amDivine

It’s fine if people want to make such bold statements. We can all look back on this post 3 months from now and see if they were right or not. Getting to compare pre and post impressions is one of the main reasons for this poll.

• March 23, 2011 at 3:12 amamado

I pretty much had high expectations for madoka already and it exceeded it too.

nothing really strikes me up as “great potential” like what I felt in madoka though. but that might be just because of the huge amount of anime this season.

well if I had to expect something good, it would be either seikon no qwaser or denpa onna.

• March 23, 2011 at 3:15 amGhostalker

ok, heard ya! :)

Since that is the case, I would declare that “Denpa Onna to Seishun Otoko” is my bet for the best Anime of this season. Hear this people I’m preparing myself expecting things for this series like being SHAFTed, but I have faith on SHAFT and I’m OK with SHAFTed episodes since I know the BDs would be better lol

• March 22, 2011 at 8:15 pmShirt

Kimi ni Todoke?

• March 22, 2011 at 2:11 pmsomeone

Gintama, Deadman Wonderland, Appleseed, Steins:Gate and C!!

• March 22, 2011 at 2:20 pmDdadain

Ao no Exorcist looks too good to pass on :)

Along with TIGER & BUNNY, The World Only God Knows, C: The Money of Soul and Possibility Control, and last but not least Deadman Wonderland :D

• March 22, 2011 at 2:36 pmbakabakabaka

Five hardest decisions I’ve ever had to make.

• March 22, 2011 at 2:37 pmMarina

C, Deadman Wonderland, and Showa Monogatari, though I’m worried that the last probably won’t get subbed.

• March 22, 2011 at 2:37 pmShadiic

5 choices are not enough -__- oh well, I tried my best and picked the 5

• March 22, 2011 at 2:40 pmfoshizzel

Looking forward to Deadman,Blue exocist,Lotte’s and more Gintama! Spring will be a great season :D

• March 22, 2011 at 2:41 pmSereni

Gintama, DMW, Ao no exorcist, Kaminomi and C!
    I hope C turns out well.

• March 22, 2011 at 2:42 pmRika

I’ll be looking forward to Gintama this year. If only I could watch the movie first.

• March 22, 2011 at 2:44 pmHenDarou

I’m curious about a lot of them, so I’ve just voted for some of them. The actual list of those I’ll give a try:

DOG DAYS
    TIGER & BUNNY
    Nichijou
    Yondemasu yo, Azazel-san.
    Hen Zemi
    Hanasaku Iroha
    Ore-tachi ni Tsubasa wa Nai
    Hoshizora e Kakaru Hashi
    STEINS;GATE
    Hidan no Aria
    A-Channel
    Denpa Onna to Seishun Otoko
    Ao no Exorcist
    Lotte no Omocha! (sounds weird, but who knows, might be good…)
    Kami nomi zo Shiru Sekai II
    C: The Money of Soul and Possibility Control
    Ano Hi Mita Hana no Namae wo Boku-tachi wa Mada Shiranai.
    Deadman Wonderland

In other words, plenty to watch this season.

• March 22, 2011 at 2:44 pmBossun

Exorcist is getting lots of votes. Can’t say I’m surprised. It looks awesome

• March 22, 2011 at 10:55 pmMet

Accelerator effect?

• March 23, 2011 at 4:40 amgarfield15

Yep.

• March 22, 2011 at 2:44 pmprejsu

that’s too much for me. how am I supposed to watch all the series I want in this season, which would amount to 11-12? crazy

• March 22, 2011 at 2:48 pmUnyty

Mine comes up to 9 animes.

• March 22, 2011 at 8:20 pmShirt

Quit life, that’s how. (I’m doing it.)

• March 22, 2011 at 2:46 pmUnyty

C,Deadman wonderland, showa monagatari,aoi exorcist and Hyouge mono. Damn, there are lots of animes next season. Hope these anime dont fail me like that of the winter season.

• March 22, 2011 at 2:48 pmHunter

To be honest, I am that guy who vote for Sofuteni… Suman (you maybe have disappointed and say something like this: “Somebody watch that @*&#?” after i read your opinion. LOL yes. BTW! I don’t ride on the C-hype, but i will try everything except some shonen show which try to be look too cool (i can say annoying, as ao no exorcist or sket dance).

• March 22, 2011 at 3:02 pmg0rth0r

I am saddened by the low votes Kaiji got. At least, I’m pertty sure it’ll get a better than average attention in Japan (the show is much popular among Japanese than your average oversea otaku)

Anyway, beside that, I’ll probably watch Gintama once in a whole with Maria Holic if I feel like it. For all the other shows, I’ll just wait until the season is complete; like I always do.

• March 22, 2011 at 3:05 pmEtopen

Hanasaku Iroha is the only show that has a chance of surpassing Madoka Magica

I said something like this in November, and actually it’s still what I think.

• March 22, 2011 at 3:11 pmShiden

C, Denpa, Aria, Maria Holic, Dog Days.

I’m really not too interested in the rest.

• March 22, 2011 at 3:13 pmGray Fullbuster

Ao no Exorcist, Denpa Onna, Hidan no Aria, Kami Nomi zo Shiru Sekai II, Lotte no Omocha!

Also want to watch:
    A-Channel, AnoHana, C, DOG DAYS, Deadman Wonderland, Dororon Enma-kun, Hanasaku Iroha, Hen Zemi, Hoshizora e Kakaru Hashi, Maria†Holic Alive, Nichijou, Ore-tachi ni Tsubasa wa Nai, Seikon no Qwaser II, Showa Monogatari, SKET DANCE, STEINS;GATE, X-Men and Yondemasu yo, Azazel-san.

• March 22, 2011 at 3:17 pmIgotknowidea

I cant wait tell A-Channel

• March 22, 2011 at 3:21 pminnerchihiro

I only voted for the four that I KNOW I will watch: A-Channel, Ano Hi Mita Hana no Namae wo Boku-tachi wa Mada Shiranai., Hanasaku Iroha, and Nichijou. C, STEINS;GATE, and Denpa Onna to Seishun Otoko are all cool looking too, but I could also see myself getting bored with them if I have to watch week by week.

It’s funny, but with certain shows it really makes a big difference if you marathon them or watch them week by week. Something light and fuzzy like K-ON! for example, is best when you have breathing room between the episodes. Something like FRACTALE, as I’ve discovered by marathoning the last few episodes to catch up, is really much easier to follow when you watch them one after another.

I think if I plan to watch C or any of the other more complicated looking shows, I’ll try putting time aside to marathon them in chunks as the season goes by, but otherwise, I find I lose interest in shows that I have to rack my brain to remember all that happened the week before.

• March 22, 2011 at 3:27 pmJustin Olbrantz (Quantam)

Would it be possible to sort the results by percentage?

• March 22, 2011 at 4:22 pmDivine

Unfortunately no, or I would have done so already.

• March 22, 2011 at 3:51 pmSyaoran Li

I can’t believe Ao no Exorcist has taken the lead so far. Another damn series with a fucking lead character who, after knowing he has a special power, wants to become stronger to overcome some shitty problem. Come on, there are a lot more good series out there.

I’m not going to waste my time watching that SHIT.

• March 23, 2011 at 2:17 amGhostalker

If this series comes from a manga/novel then I guess you use some spoiler tag in expressing your thoughts. As an almost exclusive anime viewer (with a very small number of manga titles that I read) I wish I could watched the series first before I could read those kinds of views, Thanks.

• March 23, 2011 at 9:14 amShiden

There’s no spoilers in what he wrote, though. If you read its season preview entry, then you’ve already seen at least as much as he said, minus the personal opinion.

• March 23, 2011 at 11:02 amGhostalker

I don’t like his choices of words though, feels like trolling or how it may affect my impression of the male character when I haven’t even seen one episode yet, because I’m not really into male characters that fits that description, it didn’t help that he seem to not like the manga or whatever it is due to it. Oh well, I’ll just have to watched it, to see is to believe.

• March 26, 2011 at 10:58 amRuu27

Don’t listen to other personal opinions, the best way to enjoy something is to see it for yourself. You either like it or hate it.

That’s how it works for me. =)

• March 22, 2011 at 3:51 pmMountbatten

Denpa Onna to Seishun Otoko. Reminds me of Arakawa.

• March 22, 2011 at 3:56 pmAisu

Top 5: Ano Hi Mita Hana no Namae wo Boku-tachi wa Mada Shiranai, [C], Deadman Wonderland, Denpa Onna to Seishun Otoko

Full watching list:
    A-Channel
    Ano Hi Mita Hana no Namae wo Boku-tachi wa Mada Shiranai
    [C]
    Deadman Wonderland
    Denpa Onna to Seishun Otoko
    Hanasaku Iroha
    Hidan no Aria
    Hoshizora e Kakaru Hashi
    Kami nomi zo Shiru Sekai II
    Ore-tachi ni Tsubasa wa Nai
    STEINS;GATE

I also want to watch Kaiji, but I haven’t gotten around to starting the first season yet and I’m planning to wait until I get that done. Might check out an episode of Exorcist because of the hype, but I don’t know if it’ll be my style.
    Been waiting forever for a Deadman Wonderland anime! * ^* Here’s hoping they don’t screw it up with pacing, censoring and an original ending. I also see Ano Hi Mita as being really good from my instinct, but that might be bias xD Something about it seems to stand out.

• March 22, 2011 at 4:19 pmDivine

There are only 4 listed in your top 5 Aisu.

As for Anohana, I wasn’t enthralled by the premise originally, but once that second PV hinted that Menma’s dead and Jintan feels responsible for it, it suddenly became one of the shows that I’m looking forward to the most.

It’s as if Jintan became a hikikomori and somehow forgot that traumatic experience whereas everyone else still remembers. That would also explain why everyone’s changed since their childhood except Menmna.

• March 22, 2011 at 8:36 pmAisu

Ah! My derp! I forgot to list STEINS;GATE as the 5th I voted for.

Exactly. The animation itself seems very smooth and I like the distinct character designs. Even though the premise appears simple, I get the feeling that there’s going to be a lot of revelations during the course of the show. If they’re throwing out hints already that Menma’s dead before it even starts airing, there’s likely going to be a completely different climax.

I’m also curious about Anaru since she seems to have something to do with what happened, and Yukiatsu appears to have a conflict of his own from his expressions.

• March 22, 2011 at 4:03 pmanishuma

nice to see Ao no Exorcist in the lead, but I chalk that up to the teasing commercials from Star Driver.God I hate how they tease us after every episode.

• March 22, 2011 at 4:08 pmiroha360

X-Men,Ao no Exorcist,Deadman Wonderland,Steins:Gate and fireball charming!!!!^o^

• March 22, 2011 at 4:17 pmk0na-yume

my top 5 must watch animes:
    1. Ao no Exorcist
    2. STEINS;GATE
    3. C
    4. Hidan no Aria
    5. Kami nomi zo Shiru Sekai II

i will also watch this animes depending on their 1st episodes:
    1. Seikon no Qwaser II
    2. Denpa Onna to Seishun Otoko
    3. SKET DANCe
    4. DOG DAYS

• March 22, 2011 at 4:42 pmProchy

This season looks great, feels like ill spend all my free time watching anime … Well only Gintama alone would make this season totally awesome XD, but Hen Semi, Tono to Issho, Deadman Wonderland, STEINS;GATE … ah can’t wait

• March 22, 2011 at 5:07 pmxcswmboy

Come on people (guys) be true to yourselves. Vote more for Seikon no Qwaser. =P

My picks were: Deadman Wonderland, KamiNozo2, Lotte no Omocha, Seikon no Qwaser and Sket Dance.

I’m also really interested in “C: something something money.” The art looks nice, but I’m still confused about its premise. Hidan no Aria and Toriko are also on the watch list.

• March 22, 2011 at 5:08 pmSaberic

Hm…it was quite easy for me to choose this season.
    1. Ao no Exorcist
    2. A Channel
    3. Kami nomi zo Shiru Sekai II
    4. C something (<- either this or Denpa)
    5. Deadman underland

• March 22, 2011 at 5:13 pmImperialX

Nichijou not getting any love ;_;

• March 23, 2011 at 3:35 amahelo

Wait til it actually comes out. Bet itll be K-On level popular :)).

• March 22, 2011 at 5:13 pmshageki

1.STEINS;GATE
    2.C: The Money of Soul and Possibility Control
    3.Deadman Wonderland | デッドマン・ワンダーランド
    4.Ao no Exorcist | 青の祓魔師
    5.Kami nomi zo Shiru Sekai II | 神のみぞ知るセカイII
    and anime from SHAFT
    6.Denpa Onna to Seishun Otoko | 電波女と青春男
    7.Maria Holic Alive | まりあ†ほりっく あらいぶ
    i should watch all this on the next season, i miss so much Itou Kanae as Elsie and crazy gamer Shimono Hiro as Keima. Animation, story, and comedy is the priority.
    but my first priority is of course laughing happily
    i want to laugh as much as i watch mitsudomoe and kore wa zombie on this season too.

• March 22, 2011 at 5:19 pmdimsumftw

Voted for:

Gintama’
    Hanasaku Iroha
    Deadman Wonderland
    STEINS;GATE
    Denpa Onna

• March 22, 2011 at 5:23 pmGhostalker

Sticking to my original post on Spring 2011 Preview list, the series I’m looking forward the most would be:

1. Denpa Onna to Seishun Otoko – because it is a SHAFT, and I like the premised + character designs look great!
    2. Maria Holic Alive – again because it is a SHAFT and I like the first season, more Mariya!
    3. Kami nomi zo Shiru Sekai II – like the first season + the new Demon girl looks promising :)
    4. Nichijou – I was moved by Kiiragi’s pose + its KyoAni + I like the setup :)
    5: STEINS;GATE – I’m curious of the premise

Plus all series I’m looking forward too also that could fill up the rest of the “7-8 series limit” I could follow in a weekly basis:

- TIGER & BUNNY
    - Hen Zemi
    - Hanasaku Iroha
    - Gyakkyou Burai Kaiji Hakairoku-hen
    - Hidan no Aria
    - Ao no Exorcist
    - Seikon no Qwaser II
    - C: The Money of Soul and Possibility Control
    - Ano Hi Mita Hana no Namae wo Boku-tachi wa Mada Shiranai
    - Deadman Wonderland

As for the rest, the chances of watching those series will depend on the positive feedback from other viewers or when the series is set as “completed”

Based on my experience with previous Anime seasons, 7-8 series is the most I could watch and follow on a weekly basis, anything more than that is difficult for me given I also watched series from previous seasons that I decided to passed on and wait till the time the series is set as “completed,” and of course real life…being in the work force.

With this much series to be release this season, not counting the OVAs and movies, I think this upcoming season would be great!

PS: This should silent those critics who seems to believe that anime is going downhill/dead, the industry is still thriving after all ~ YES Anime is very much ALIVE and here to STAY! :D

Banzai Anime! Banzai Japan!

• March 22, 2011 at 5:31 pmHagiri

Top 5 for me would be:

Kami Nomi
    Deadman Wonderland
    Hidan no Aria
    Ao no Exorcist
    Steins Gate

• March 22, 2011 at 5:41 pmOdeus

As many shows are there are this season, I havn’t really seen many that appeal toi my tastes. :( I’ll still watch most of them though.

• March 22, 2011 at 6:03 pmHimawari

wow! there are more than five shows I’m really looking forward to watching!
    But I’ll probably only end up liking a couple of them.
    A lot of them sound really good and look promising, hopefully they don’t disappoint!

• March 22, 2011 at 6:10 pmERK jonathan

deadmen wonderland !!!!!!

sera el mejor anime del 2011

shiro !!!
    ganta !!!
    cuervo !!!

• March 22, 2011 at 6:19 pmMoondogg

I’d vote all if it’s not limited to 5… XD

• March 22, 2011 at 6:21 pmRasone0104

Bleh I m watcing most of them and will gradually stop wathcing the series that bore me.

• March 22, 2011 at 6:21 pmamado

well my expectations are:
    seikon no qwaser – season one had some cool fights, along with blood and gore. sometimes have a hard time to watch though….
    ao no excorcist – after seeing so much advertisement, it might be great.
    denpa onna to seishun otoko – sounds kinda like arakawa, interesting anyway.
    deadman wonderland – heard yanderes are in here…
    C: The Money of Soul and Possibility Control – title and art looks good.

now that I also have more time, I might pick up the others but these are for now as well:
    kami nomi zo shiru sekai – hope they do better in this one, I wanna see ayumi again.
    a-channel – expecting yuri…
    hidan no aria – characters look a bit cute and cool.
    sengoku otome – also expecting yuri…
    Ore-tachi ni Tsubasa wa Nai – having simultaneous things happening. sounds a bit similar to durarara but I wont expect too much.

this spring has a LOT so I might not be able to watch all the series I want to despite being free.

• March 22, 2011 at 6:42 pmnoname

Dear J.C Staff, please make it no OVA or fan-services episode at all for ‘Hidan No Aria’.(kokoro no koe…)

• March 22, 2011 at 7:22 pmshiki

I feel pretty alone in my first choice of sekai-ichi hatsukoi…ahh well….

• March 22, 2011 at 7:28 pmDer Fur Shur

Hanasaku Iroha
    STEINS;GATE
    Denpa Onna to Seishun Otoko
    C: The Money of Soul and Possibility Control
    Ano Hi Mita Hana no Namae wo Boku-tachi wa Mada Shiranai

those 5 are my most anticipated shows but I’m also looking forward to The World God Only Knows

• March 22, 2011 at 7:32 pmgary

wheres moshidora
    management/business anime based on top selling novel of 2010

• March 22, 2011 at 7:52 pmClickssss

Deadman Wonderland!!!
    Ao no Exorcist
    STEINS;Gate
    Hidan no Aria and
    The World God Only Knows II!!!!

LOL!!!! BEST FOR ME THIS SEASON!!!! XD
    expect a lot too from C!!!!

• March 22, 2011 at 7:52 pmZaku Fan

There’s a lot of series that might be good. Personally having hopes for
    i) Ano Hi Mita Hana no Namae wo Boku-tachi wa Mada Shiranai (should be sad)
    ii) C: The Money of Soul and Possibility Control (interesting premise)
    iii) Hanasaku Iroha (Working!! season 2?)
    iv) STEINS;GATE (another interesting premise)
    v) Toriko (food anime is kind of hard to screw up)

Gintama, Maria Holic and Kami nomi zo Shiru Sekai are pretty good returning series
    A-Channel, Denpa Onna to Seishun Otoko and Nichijo might be very good
    Hidan no Aria should be at least average
    Will be watching Lotte no Omocha and Hen Zemi to see if it oversteps good taste or ends upat least average

• March 22, 2011 at 8:01 pmbertman4

Gah! I counted 9 shows I would like to follow. It’s going to be tough keeping up with all of that. Looking to be a very good season.

• March 22, 2011 at 8:18 pmShirt

[Ano Hi Mita Hana no Namae wo Boku-tachi wa Mada Shiranai.]
    [Ao no Exorcist]
    [C: The Money of Soul and Possibility Control]
    [Kami nomi zo Shiru Sekai II]
    [Lotte no Omocha!]

The comment tab in the sidebar is pretty cool. Keeping it?

• March 22, 2011 at 9:13 pmAndré

I can’t vote. I always watch the first episode of all new series (that are not for children or mahou shoujo).

• March 23, 2011 at 2:50 amHrmmm

YOU MISSING OUT ON SOME GOOD LOVIN’ BOY.

Madoka has been amazing for me =D

• March 22, 2011 at 9:24 pmPeepQ

Spring is going to be a busy season for me!

• March 23, 2011 at 1:16 amdxb_blackwolf

For all of us :D

• March 22, 2011 at 9:37 pmSfalcin

Sket Dance
    Ao no Exoscist
    Ano Hi Mita Hana no Namae wo Boku-tachi wa Mada Shiranai
    Kami nomi zo Shiru Sekai II
    A Channel

• March 22, 2011 at 9:43 pmDCLXVI

Sket Dance, C, A-Channel, Nichijou and TWGOK II for me.

• March 22, 2011 at 9:53 pmkeiOnDaisuki

my votes:

-A Channel
    -Denpa Onna to Seishun Otoko
    -Hanasaku Iroha
    -Maria Holic Alive
    -STEINS;GATE

• March 22, 2011 at 10:04 pmindr0008

30-Sai no Hoken Taiiku needs more love :(

• March 22, 2011 at 10:50 pmMet

I voted mainly for Ao no Exorcist, C & Toriko.

• March 22, 2011 at 10:50 pmboznia

My five:
    1+2: The noitaminA shows. Always interested in them.
    3: New Gintama. Been eagerly waiting all year for its return.
    4+5: Ao no Exorcist and Deadman Wonderland. Never read either manga but might try the manga if the anime is interesting. Heard good things about both.

Honorable mention:
    Sket Dance and Toriko (I’m a Jump nerd), Kami nomi zo Shiru Sekai (Like the first season well enough to continue watching, but not overly enthused about it), Kaiji and STEINS;GATE (Heard good things about both previous anime, but never got around to watching either. Will watch if I catch up on the earlier series.)

Seems to be a very promising season for me. More new stuff to watch than usual.

• March 22, 2011 at 11:05 pmDJd

Well, it’s gonna be an absurdly packed season, isn’t it? As a side-note, I love what you’ve been able to do with the site over the past year, Divine. It’s truly remarkable what you (and your newly-formed review crew) have done for RC. Kudos to you guys

• March 23, 2011 at 2:21 amDivine

Thanks. I’m happy to hear you like what’s come out of the site since Omni retired.

• March 23, 2011 at 12:15 amNexusM78

Ermmm…I dunno if I’ve missed any mention on this, but what will the other authors be picking up? My bad if I missed those details…

• March 23, 2011 at 12:43 amBROOKLYN otaku

I have a feeling a lot of peeps are gonna be disappointed with C. and a few will be surprised by X, ya dig? it hurts my SOUL, but i had to pass up on dat APPLESEED and BUNNY cuz MAN! that CGI looks CRAPPY, step up ur CGI game Nippon, its embarrassing! Dororon Enma-kun looks FUN though………..
    *Crack head scream*>>>AND WHEN IS THE NEW HELLSING ULTIMATE COMING OUT!?!?!?!

• March 23, 2011 at 1:39 amUFO

one vote for Denpa Onna to Seishun Otoko just because the heroin reminds me of Tenshi from Angle Beat.

• March 23, 2011 at 3:11 amguanhian

Putting high hopes on for Denpa Onna to Seishun Otoko, since it’s SHAFT-made.

• March 23, 2011 at 3:33 amamado

oh and I like the new “recent comments” on the sidebar. it helps in responding to new comments and finding them.

• March 23, 2011 at 3:37 amahelo

Ano Hana, Ao no Excorcist, Deadman in Wonderland, Hana saku to Iroha, and Maria Holic’s sequel.

Those are just my top 5, I have a lot of shows I’m excited about.

• March 23, 2011 at 3:58 amxxxholic_wing

What I’ll watch
    *C
    *Ao no Exorcist
    *Ano Hana
    *STEINS; GATE
    *X-Men

What I might watch:
    *Tiger and Bunny
    *Sekai-ichi Hatsukoi
    *Fireball Charming

BTW, Divine, some updates on Madoka Magica

• March 23, 2011 at 4:01 amAmaterasu65

Looks like this season is really weak as I thought.
    Nothing goes above 10%, and no one can decide on a great hit right now.

We’ll just have to wait and see.
    I voted for the anime I would like to see reviewed by RandomC!

• March 23, 2011 at 4:10 amGhostalker

You have to consider the fact that we are talking about 40+ series here, compare to last season of only 20+. Of course the votes would be more spread out. Plus its all good that it means we have more series to choose from.

• March 23, 2011 at 6:31 amSmuglord

It pisses me off how many people whine about how weak they think a season is before it starts every single freaking season. This season seems like it has a bit of everything, and I personally think it’ll be one of the better seasons in recent times, so I really don’t know what is wrong with people’s expectations. Do these moaners seriously expect a dozen gurren lagann or clannad afterstory-class anime each season and sequels to all their favourite shows? Be content with a little less,guys/:

• March 23, 2011 at 4:12 amDrocell

I choose Ao no Exorcist, Gintama , Sket Dance , Seikon no Qwaser II, & Deadman Wonderland …

• March 23, 2011 at 4:52 amMoondogg

The next season is a bit of comfort… But I will miss Madoka… God is so cruel to show me a gem I instantly obsessed over and suddenly says “you can’t have it…”

• March 23, 2011 at 6:05 amSotogawa

C’mon how can I only choose 5 if I’m looking forward to watch about 20 anime this season =P

• March 23, 2011 at 8:57 amjoanna

why wasn’t The World Only God Knows season 2 on the list?

• March 23, 2011 at 9:47 amDCLXVI

It is, it’s called Kami Nomi zo Shiru Sekai II.

• March 23, 2011 at 9:50 amGuardian

Exorcist, SnQ II, X-Men, Deadman Wonderland and Tiger and Bunny are my picks for the season … Lotte I’ll definately give a try, though I’m not sure it’ll go in the direction I’m wanting it to :P

• March 23, 2011 at 10:53 amFoofie

I’ve been relatively pleased with the last two seasons, but nothing this coming season is really jumping out at me at all. I was surprised by a few shows this season that I didn’t think I’d like, so I can only hope the same for next season, although at this point I can’t really imagine what it’ll be…

• March 23, 2011 at 10:58 amBlastrix

9,534 views
    Total Votes: 11,992

lolwhat? :O

• March 23, 2011 at 11:42 amDivine

I think you’re overlooking the obvious — up to 5 votes per person.

Even if the votes were more than the views, the poll is available on the sidebar.

• March 23, 2011 at 1:58 pmBlastrix

Oh yes I can see that now ^^

• March 23, 2011 at 2:52 pmOvercooled

I’m the most excited for C…Madoka has got me really loving this whole original anime thing.

• March 23, 2011 at 5:19 pmryaku-aku

First five that came to mind just from memory so I took it as a sign of being interested via my subconscious desires.

1. A-Channel
    2. Denpa Onna to Seishun Otoko
    3. Hanasaku Iroha
    4. Moshidora
    5. Ano Hi Mita Hana no Namae wo Boku-tachi wa Mada Shiranai

• March 23, 2011 at 6:03 pmERK jonathan

DEADMAN WONDERLAND!!!!

IT(HE,SHE) WILL BE THE BEST ENCOURAGES OF 2011

• March 23, 2011 at 6:49 pmKioku

Is it me, or can people vote more than once? After I put in my 5 votes I exited the site and then came back and it let me vote again. Can this be fixed or is the vote not counted and it just doesn’t tell you that?

As for my expectations:

1. Ao no Exorcist
    2. STEINS;GATE
    3. Hanasaku Iroha
    4. Ano Hana
    5. Nichijou

Seems like a good season for production values and series length. It’s been awhile since I’ve seen a season with so many 2 cour series, and they all look good. Feels good man.

• March 23, 2011 at 7:11 pmDivine

If you try to vote again, it will tell you that your vote has already been counted at the top of the results.

• March 23, 2011 at 9:21 pmKaitune

I am not that interested in any of the series this season (or at least not as much as the animes from this past season). What I will probably check out once the season start though are:

-Ao no Exorcist (Action/Fantasy always intrigue me. It’s just my most favorite combination of genre)
    -STEINs=S;GATE (I didn’t like its prequel, however, the preview does seem interesting.)
    -C (Well… Sure seems to have a pretty unique plot. Just hope that it can deliver)
    -Maria Holic (I was mildly amused by the first season, but Madoka has increased my appetite for Shaft’s work quite heartily, so I might check this out for the sake of that.)
    -Hidan no Aria (The character design is too much of the generic otaku bait for my taste… However, if the action is done very nicely, and the story ends up not being as generic as it might be, I might just follow it for the heck of not having better things to watch this season)

What I also might check out:
    -X-Men (Cyclop’s design is so unbelievably flamboyant to the point that I just have to see the first episode to see if it would be laughably bad or actually kinda good.)
    -TIGER & BUNNY (I actually do like the character’s design. Don’t know what to make of the story though.)
    -30-Sai no Hoken Taiiku (What the hell are they going to do in this anime? I AM CURIOUS!)
    -Hen Zemi (I LOVE SEX COMEDY. Particularly ones about weird fetishes.)
    -Deadman Wonderland (The plot sounds interesting. I haven’t read the manga yet though.)

• March 23, 2011 at 9:56 pmHoshi Akari

My list after trying to narrow down:

Voted for TOP 5
    Hanasaku Iroha
    Ore-tachi ni Tsubasa wa Nai
    Kami nomi zo Shiru Sekai II
    Ano Hi Mita Hana no Namae wo Boku-tachi wa Mada Shiranai
    STEINS;GATE

This is almost certain that I will watch, but I don’t expect too much:
    Maria Holic Alive
    Hoshizora e Kakaru Hashi
    Hidan no Aria

The first episode will tell me if I will try to watch these:
    Ao no Exorcist
    Deadman Wonderland

I don’t even know if I will give these a chance:
    Hen Zemi
    30-Sai no Hoken Taiiku
    Denpa Onna to Seishun Otoko

Thats it, who knows how it will turn out?

• March 24, 2011 at 12:20 amKalamity

Does anybody else think that Deadman Wonderland is not gonna air next season due to the recent cancelling of shows. I mean, Madoka has been cancelled indefinitely I am assuming due to images in the anime involving city-wide destruction, and Beelzebub has been suspended as well. Since one of the premises of the plot in DMW is a giant earthquake that has devastated Tokyo, doesn’t that make this show highly likely to be considered “sensitive” and taken off the air?

• March 24, 2011 at 6:16 amSoiyeruda

Forgot what I voted for, though I chose from the series I was going to watch.

Series I’ll likely stick with:
    Nichijou (Hope it gets funnier, since Episode 0 didn’t impress me enough)
    Hanasaku Iroha (Looks great, and drama aspect has me enticed)
    STEINS;Gate (Looks silently intense)
    Hidan no Aria (Not expecting much, but watching for generic J.C. Staff fun.)
    A-Channel (Should fill my slice-of-life need.)
    Denpa Onna to Seishun Otoko (Erio is too cute looking to pass up, and I have decent expectations, after my impressions of Madoka)
    Hen Zemi (OVA sorta freaked me out, but I found it quite amusing.)
    Ao no Exorcist (Hype)
    Kami nomi zo Shiru Sekai II (liked the first season. Hope the 2nd follows up nicely)
    C: (Premise looks interesting)
    Anohana (Same reason as Hanasaku Iroha)
    Deadman Wonderland (Survival of the fittest setting. Nice)

• March 24, 2011 at 9:40 amimpassionedcinema

I think I liked about 8 of the series you mentioned. Both noitaminA series look really good. Heard Tiger and Bunny going to be simulcast by Viz turns me off a little. Other than that Denpa Onna to Seishun Otoko for the Shaft factor and Nichijou for the Kyoto Animation factor.

• March 24, 2011 at 12:24 pmRoberto

My top :P

1. Deadman Wonderland
    2. Ao no Exorcist
    3. C
    4. Anohana
    5. Hanasaku Iroha

Bonus

6. Denpa Onna to Seishun Otoko
    7. Hidan no Aria
    8. STEINS;GATE
    9. Moshidora
    10. (o.O)???

• March 24, 2011 at 7:23 pmBluance

Lots of comments about Deadman Wonderland, I really like sci fi but not sure about it. Komi nomi 2 woohoo!

• March 24, 2011 at 9:48 pmReppu Kiri

The only thing matters for is the 2nd season of Kaiji. It will be awesome

• March 24, 2011 at 11:45 pmaoi

Aww, no love for Hidan no Aria? It’s like Shakugan no Shana with GUNS. Also Taiga and Ryuuji meet again as different people.

• March 25, 2011 at 12:31 amPavella

My top 5 lists ;

1. Ao no Exorcist (Look awesoome from pv)
    2. Ano hana (I like drama and the music seems pretty good.)
    3. Stein Gate (storyline might be good)
    4. Sket dance (comedy)
    5. Kami nomi zo Shiru Sekai II

• March 25, 2011 at 3:35 amUnknownVoice

Will watch:

X-men (Wolverine so far is great and anything set in the “depression” right after Dark Phoenix Saga is good for me.)

Steins Gate (will try a few episodes, maybe will be good)

Fireball Charming.

Deadman Wonderland(one of my favorite manga)

Everything else looks….bland.

• March 25, 2011 at 3:53 pmSoraNoKaze

My Top 5 (No Order)

1. Deadman Wonderland
    2. Ao No Exorcist
    3. Sket Dance
    4. C: The Money of Soul and Possibility
    5. STEINS;GATE

• March 25, 2011 at 4:38 pmChocolate

Top 5 just by reading the previews, not in any order

1) STEINS;GATE (Time traveling is an interesting premise for me as well)
    2) C: The Money of Soul and Possibility (Sinister and the concept of limitless money is interesting)
    3) Hanasaku Iroha (Not too sure, but it seems like an insightful anime)
    4) Denpa Onna to Seishun Otoko (Loved Arakawa and am looking forward to Shaft’s next work :P)
    5) Moshidora (Seems really popular and I like the similar premise to Giant Killing)

Of course I’ll watch more, there are so many new shows this season

• March 26, 2011 at 11:01 amRuu27

Definite watches:

Ano Hi Mita Hana no Namae wo Boku-tachi wa Mada Shiranai
    Ao no Exorcist
    DOG DAYS
    Hidan no Aria

Depends on first episode watches:

STEINS;GATE
    Toriko
    TIGER & BUNNY
    Sengoku Otome ~Momoiro Paradox~
    Denpa Onna to Seishun Otoko

• March 26, 2011 at 3:30 pmRockmanshii

Voted for

- STEINS;GATE
    - Denpa Onna to Seishun Otoko
    - Hanasaku Iroha
    - C
    - Kami nomi zo Shiru Sekai II

• March 27, 2011 at 2:19 pmayasawada

Lots of really interesting shows this season. Really pleased writers and producers are being allowed to explore really original premises. Sure, there’s still the generic stuff, but the impressive roster this season fills me with a lot of excitement. Hard to tell what I’m going to end up liking in the end, though I have a feeling Moshidora will be a winner.

• March 28, 2011 at 1:10 pmDelisle

1) Ano Hi Mita Hana no Namae wo Boku-tachi wa Mada Shiranai for me
    2) Hen Zemi
    3) A-Channel
    4) Nichijou
    5) 30-Sai no Hoken Taiiku
    6) Hidan no Aria
    7) C: The Money of Soul and Possibility Control Top
    8) Denpa Onna to Seishun Otoko
    9) Dororon Enma-kun Meeramera
    10) Moshidora

Comedy, slice of life or noitamina. I pretty sure that “Ao no Exorcist” will be average. I’m feed up with generic action anime with sci-fi or fantasy. Anyway, when I want generic action without depth, I’m playing videogame^^.