Kami nomi zo Shiru Sekai II – 02 »« Kami nomi zo Shiru Sekai – 12 (END)

Kami nomi zo Shiru Sekai II – 01

OP Sequence

Kami nomi zo Shiru Sekai II   OP   01 Kami nomi zo Shiru Sekai II   OP   02 Kami nomi zo Shiru Sekai II   OP   03
Kami nomi zo Shiru Sekai II   OP   04 Kami nomi zo Shiru Sekai II   OP   05 Kami nomi zo Shiru Sekai II   OP   06
Kami nomi zo Shiru Sekai II   OP   07 Kami nomi zo Shiru Sekai II   OP   08 Kami nomi zo Shiru Sekai II   OP   09

OP: 「Whole New World God Only Knows」 by Oratorio The World God Only Knows
Watch the OP!: Download, Streaming ▼

Kami nomi zo Shiru Sekai II   01   01 Kami nomi zo Shiru Sekai II   01   02 Kami nomi zo Shiru Sekai II   01   03
Kami nomi zo Shiru Sekai II   01   04 Kami nomi zo Shiru Sekai II   01   05 Kami nomi zo Shiru Sekai II   01   06
Kami nomi zo Shiru Sekai II   01   07 Kami nomi zo Shiru Sekai II   01   08 Kami nomi zo Shiru Sekai II   01   09
Kami nomi zo Shiru Sekai II   01   10 Kami nomi zo Shiru Sekai II   01   11 Kami nomi zo Shiru Sekai II   01   12
Kami nomi zo Shiru Sekai II   01   13 Kami nomi zo Shiru Sekai II   01   14 Kami nomi zo Shiru Sekai II   01   15
Kami nomi zo Shiru Sekai II   01   16 Kami nomi zo Shiru Sekai II   01   17 Kami nomi zo Shiru Sekai II   01   18
Kami nomi zo Shiru Sekai II   01   19 Kami nomi zo Shiru Sekai II   01   20 Kami nomi zo Shiru Sekai II   01   21
Kami nomi zo Shiru Sekai II   01   22 Kami nomi zo Shiru Sekai II   01   23 Kami nomi zo Shiru Sekai II   01   24
Kami nomi zo Shiru Sekai II   01   25 Kami nomi zo Shiru Sekai II   01   26 Kami nomi zo Shiru Sekai II   01   27
Kami nomi zo Shiru Sekai II   01   28 Kami nomi zo Shiru Sekai II   01   29 Kami nomi zo Shiru Sekai II   01   30

「一花繚乱」 (Ichi Hana Ryouran)
“Flower in Bloom”

After a season without Keima and Elsie to brighten up my week, I’m glad that this show still has all the things I love about it. Besides never taking itself too seriously, I’m glad that Keima seems to have reverted back to his otaku, 2d loving self. While I wouldn’t say it was a complete relapse, it felt nice to see him go crazy over his current predicament. If you remember toward the end of season one, he was starting to get a pretty good grip on reality. While it made him easier to deal with I’m not sure if I wanted to lose all that humor that came with his otaku-ness. But as I watched him go and try to repeat a scenario in real life, all my doubts were gone.

Enter, Kasuga Kusunoki (Koshimizu Ami) — the perfect definition of a tsundere. At first glance, I expected her to be the first real challenge for Keima. Her tough personality, the ability to punch straight through boards (not break them), and the thought that anything cute might make her explode were some of the few things that got my hopes up. But alas, watching her actually be the personification of the classic tsundere sort of disappointed me.

That said, I still thoroughly enjoyed the first episode and the first girl of the season. I’m a sucker for when an independent girl shows her soft side, and I never expected her feelings for Keima to develop so quickly. While Kasuga’s current predicament is pretty standard in the anime world, the girl stuck in a family tradition that forces her to drastically change the way she lives — I thought it was pretty interesting how she subconsciously deals with it. Watching her inner spirit slowly leak out because she’s trying so hard to suppress it was surprising to say the least. Based off of Keima’s advice to Kasuga, I’m pretty sure that she’s going to learn how to deal with her emotions and somehow figure out that instead of trying to conquer them, she’s going to have to learn to accept them.

After watching the opening and seeing what looked like a teacher on Keima’s to do list, I’ll admit that I thought that the girls were going to have even crazier personality flaws than last season. For the first episode of the sequel, I thought that TWGOK managed to handle itself very well. Besides giving Keima and Elsie life once again, the show succeeded in grabbing my attention to all the new girls that they’re bringing to the lineup. The one thing that I’m looking forward to is hopefully more Elsie centered episodes. As Divine mentioned, while a step down from five to three heroines could be seen as a negative thing, I’m hoping it ends up being a positive one!

P.S. I still miss the old opening song ):

ED Sequence

Kami nomi zo Shiru Sekai II   ED   01 Kami nomi zo Shiru Sekai II   ED   02 Kami nomi zo Shiru Sekai II   ED   03

ED: 「アイノヨカン」 (Ai no Yokan) by 神のみぞ知り隊 (Kami nomi zo Shiri-tai)
Watch the ED!: Download, Streaming ▼

Kami nomi zo Shiru Sekai II   01   Preview 01
April 12, 2011 at 12:02 am
  • April 12, 2011 at 12:05 amAku

First!! XD
    Cant wait for next’s week episode ^_^

• April 12, 2011 at 12:06 amjrj

too bad there is only 3 girls (wait, 2 girls, 1 teacher)… but hopefully each one will be given more depth…
    I like how they reintroduced the show with the FC D&D scene :)
    Kasuga FTW!!!
    and +1 to missing the old OP

• April 12, 2011 at 1:43 amVsin

• April 12, 2011 at 5:11 aminquisitive mind

It would help more people out if you said to what your spoiler pertained, instead of putting the tag around the whole comment. I mean, there are some things I wouldn’t mind getting spoiled on while others I definitely wouldn’t want to know.

• April 12, 2011 at 12:16 amSiege

Elsie is so much more adorable this season, I just can’t get enough of her.

• April 12, 2011 at 6:40 am0927123

She’s just so bubbly for a demon that is! haha

• April 12, 2011 at 12:19 amHidoi

Aww..what a cute episode <3
    I liked the OP but I somehow miss the old one.

• April 12, 2011 at 12:22 amFlamingYu

Finally saw someone who is not a “student”. I wonder how he’ll conquer her.
    And did the “Loose Souls” get an upgrade? Kasuga’s looks like her, instead of those mon-blob.

• April 12, 2011 at 1:15 amamado

actually, those are just some manifestations of their doubts/insecurities thanks to the loose souls in them.
      like kanon with her invisibility and shiori’s ability to memorize every book.

• April 12, 2011 at 4:45 amdxb_blackwolf

I don’t think Shiori’s ability to memorize all books was because of her Weiss. She always had that ability.

• April 12, 2011 at 7:09 amamado

well thats what keima assumes. another reason is that she has a Show Spoiler ▼

• April 12, 2011 at 7:20 amamado

^another reason *could be* is that
        missed that part, people might get mistaken.

• April 12, 2011 at 7:18 pmdxb_blackwolf

If Keima did assume that then there’s no arguing about it :P even if it was just an assumption.

I just thought that it wasn’t because the manifestations are supposed to be negative effects that will eventually wear off when the Weiss is captured. I don’t think that she’s going to lose her ability after her Weiss was captured. Show Spoiler ▼

• April 12, 2011 at 7:19 pmdxb_blackwolf

This reply was supposed to be for amado.

• April 12, 2011 at 9:54 pmamado

its kinda theorized that having Show Spoiler ▼

would give Show Spoiler ▼

or just have similarities with the girls.

• April 12, 2011 at 12:26 amBluance

Even if its 3 girls I do feel that the newest demon member is going to have a long arc, and I cant wait to see some omake content between the arcs. ^^

• April 12, 2011 at 12:46 amxcswmboy

Where’s Tenri!!?? *sad*

Other than that…I want to download the OP song already.

• April 12, 2011 at 2:46 amJW

Gotta have a girl for season 3 (should it happen–and I hope it does)!

• April 12, 2011 at 2:46 ambullrogg

same here, the OP was pretty cool and was a surprise right after the 8-bit opening. I would roll with that party anytime.

• April 12, 2011 at 3:34 amRickyMack

they were actually the monsters not the party =D

• April 12, 2011 at 4:28 amRasone0104

Theres still tons of girls usable for a new season.

Ihope they make a third one cuz this series is just awesome.

• April 12, 2011 at 4:55 amdxb_blackwolf

There’s also Show Spoiler ▼

.. I think there are even more. I doubt the anime will cover them all.

• April 12, 2011 at 7:14 amamado

theres also the “recapture” if you know what I mean…

the girl your missing is the Show Spoiler ▼

also yui only becomes a Show Spoiler ▼

after the capture.

• April 12, 2011 at 11:44 amRasone0104

lolz forgot Show Spoiler ▼

Lolz the recapture arc would be another season

• April 12, 2011 at 12:55 amSoiyeruda

Found it funny how Elsie makes fun of Keima’s drawings, yet her drawings were pretty crap also. :P

but yeah, more Kami nomi. Excited. ^^

• April 12, 2011 at 1:02 amPandAEmic

I can’t wait to see how they start doing the later arcs in the manga on the anime, if they actually get to them that is.

• April 12, 2011 at 1:10 amamado

my fave girl is ayumi, since she’s the first one and for other reasons that would be considered spoilers…
    anyway, I like this one better than last season. it doesnt really try to stretch out the arcs this time.

my ranking of girls is ayumi, then shiori, then the other girls….

• April 22, 2011 at 9:59 pmMC

That’s how I’d rank them too. I almost always fall for the first girl first!

…Shiori was absolutely adoreable in the manga (the way she talked in her mind. The anime didn’t really do her justice imo.

• April 12, 2011 at 1:14 amJaden

So glad they revised Chihiro’s character designs at least now she looks more of a heroine than her S1 self.

Loving everything so far.

• April 12, 2011 at 2:22 amunderMebius

Hehe, I was actually surprised when she was a heroine when I read the manga last time.

• April 12, 2011 at 1:17 amamado

and a new chapter for the manga is out now.

• April 12, 2011 at 1:23 ammindflayer

This anime still sports the same look and feel as before, no “upping the ante” whatsoever, no serious character development. Which is not necessarily a bad thing…it’s just that I expected something new.

• April 12, 2011 at 1:47 amamado

theres technically character development on the girls keima captures.

• April 12, 2011 at 2:34 ammindflayer

I was referring to Keima. But you are correct, I suppose I looked at the parts with female “loose souls” as more of unlocking/beating a RL game than character development. They do lose their memories…

• April 12, 2011 at 2:39 amamado

keima also technically has gotten some character development since he cares about the girls but it might also be that he is just really desperate to finish his contract.

well in terms of serious character development that is noticable… it will be next season sadly.

• April 12, 2011 at 2:23 amTehJawknee

Although we all miss the old OP, this new one will grow on us soon enough. I thought it was funny how they were about to go into the whole premise when they suddenly say “Wait, didn’t you watch S1?”

Good point, Keima. What kind of idiot goes into a sequel show without at least some background? (*raises hand*) >.>

• April 12, 2011 at 2:26 amNanoNano

Haqua PLEASE!!!

• April 12, 2011 at 4:05 amSeya

• April 12, 2011 at 4:15 amAngryGoomba

Is this worth watching if you didnt watch the previous season?

• April 12, 2011 at 6:34 amKarmafan

Yes it is. Then when you have time go back and watch season 1 when you can. Or at least the 1st episode of season 1 so you can see how they met.

• April 12, 2011 at 8:21 amplacename

yes, this anime is episodic.

• April 12, 2011 at 4:19 amprejsu

So glad that its back. It feels as if i’ve been waiting for ages for the second season:)

• April 12, 2011 at 4:33 amRasone0104

Yes they finally bring out my fave girl of the series!!!
    I love her character, it constantly reminds me of Tomoyo
    from Clannad-must have a weakness for independent girls
    who can stand up for themselves,also this show broke my
    exoectation of making the 1st ep a recollection arc but
    rather than that they throw a girl at Keima from the
    get go. Seeing as this girl might just take 2 episodes
    to conquer. I estimate taht it will take around 8-9 episodes
    to finish up all the girls inclunding Haqua. they might throw in
    a few fillers (such as Haqua’s buddy) or by a slim chance introduce
    Tenri and open up the possibility of A 3rd Season.
    ~Seriously everyone just gotta love Keima

• April 12, 2011 at 4:40 amnasadigital

This episode was great! Really liked it, if the other 2 heroines are this good I think this will be a lot better than the first season.

• April 12, 2011 at 4:50 amdxb_blackwolf

Ahh I hate it when characters appear in the anime differently that how I imagined them. I was really disappointed that Haqua’s hair is purple >_> Can’t wait for Chihiro’s arc, that was my favorite in the manga.. something about that arc made my heart feel warm xD

• April 12, 2011 at 5:41 ampimple

What colour did you think it was going to be?
      I thought it wouuld be pinky-purple or blue-purple, not as purple as it is in the anime. The reason why is because Tamiki Wakaki has drawn some colour stuff for her, so I based it off those lol…

• April 12, 2011 at 12:37 pmdxb_blackwolf

Lol I probably forgot about seeing her in a colored page. I always saw imagined she’d have a lighter hair color (but not two light). I suppose pink or redish. Now it seems a little weird after seeing her in the OP song though.

• April 12, 2011 at 7:05 amamado

in the colored pages, haqua’s hair color is violet/purple whichever your pick.

• April 12, 2011 at 8:13 amCarVac

I also didn’t imagine her eyes that brightly red-colored. It’s a bit jarring, in my opinion.

• April 12, 2011 at 6:17 amPera

It’s great that The World Only God Knows is back, really missed keima and Elsie after the first season ended.

• April 12, 2011 at 6:27 amuppfinnarn

That is a teacher, Keima’s substitute teacher. Who has about the worst arc in the entire manga…

• April 12, 2011 at 7:17 amamado

its not the worst arc in the manga. in fact, a lot of fans like it.
      I found her arc amusing since her actions Show Spoiler ▼

• April 12, 2011 at 7:13 amKyzel

Kasuga is my favorite from TWGOK’s earlier chapters so seeing her animated just makes me happy. Seeing this ep though makes me think it’s slightly rushed, but the anime quality imo is better (or maybe it’s just Kasuga and my biasness) than last season so it’s alright. Thanks for covering it Takaii!

• April 12, 2011 at 7:46 amkazuma

yeah, there is no way to beat the first op of this anime.
    woot can’t wait for the next episode

• April 12, 2011 at 7:47 amLuke

Kasuga seems to be a bit of a mix of Motoko from Love Hina (for her stern side) and Sakaki from Azumanga Daioh (for her cuteness loving side)…

• April 12, 2011 at 7:55 amplacename

yay! new season! but I’m kinda disappointed they didn’t continue the color splash theme from last season’s ED.

• April 12, 2011 at 8:08 amSolarguardian

Yeah sorely disappointed in the new ED. Songs good, just the video could’ve been better or just something different. The OP will take some getting used to.

• April 12, 2011 at 8:08 amdacasa

The opening part with the reincarnation spell, so funny after just watching Nichijou episode 2!
    Im glad our God of Conquest is back.

• April 12, 2011 at 8:10 amSolarguardian

Elsie’s opening was hilarious! The episode was funny and Kasuga was just so cute! Glad KamiNomi is back.

• April 12, 2011 at 8:24 amShimapan

NGP!

• April 12, 2011 at 8:30 amthenewhorde

good old Elsie, totally forgot about her. She’s as cute as ever, I wonder how far this anime season will reach this time. Probably not going to catch up to the manga at all though. Their interaction together is so cute, with Elsie making fun of Keima’s drawings and all. Those two will always be a cute pairing in my mind~

The manga needs to bring Elsie back, I miss her~

• April 12, 2011 at 9:16 amPockyG

I’m watching this season only for Haqua. But besides that, the pacing seems to be a lot better this episode.

• April 12, 2011 at 9:18 amRanRan

Is Haqua a capture or just a demon? no spoilers please

• April 12, 2011 at 9:41 amSerapita

She’s a Show Spoiler ▼

• April 12, 2011 at 10:07 amRinsako

• April 12, 2011 at 11:46 amRasone0104

• April 12, 2011 at 9:19 amPockyG

She is a Show Spoiler ▼

• April 12, 2011 at 5:00 pmamado

no need to put in spoilers. pretty clear from the OP already.

• April 12, 2011 at 9:19 amTestPilot

ah i missed this show

• April 12, 2011 at 9:39 amSerapita

Finally, Enter Haqua! She’s my favorite next to Kanon~

It’s good to have this show back but I have one concern though… with the speed of the show, this is going to take FOREVER to catch up to the manga counterpart.

• April 12, 2011 at 10:08 amRinsako

I’d rather it follow the manga to the tee than start taking J.C. Staff anime original fail like in yumekui merry. The manga is great and all this development really helps in the later arcs.

• April 13, 2011 at 7:51 amponpon22

I think a slow approach is always best, anime catches up to manga very fast.

• April 12, 2011 at 10:06 amRinsako

I’m pretty sure the arcs will equal the number of girls from last season.

You get Martial, Normal and Teacher + Haqua Arc

Last Season it was Runner, Rich, Idol + Library Arc

Both have filler involving mom.

• April 12, 2011 at 10:39 amLordHuggington

It looks like the show is sticking more or less to the same formula as last season, and I’m a-okay with that. It’s a set up that worked great before, and is still making me laugh this season. Good timing on the gags, the jokes themselves are quite funny, and it’s nice to see Keima going back to his game world loving self (“Wait, Parsley Men hurt in the real world!” :P ).

• April 12, 2011 at 10:48 amHagiri

can’t wait, can’t wait, can’t wait~
    even though I’ve been reading the manga, I’m looking forward to next weeks ep.

• April 12, 2011 at 10:53 amDCLXVI

Yay, TWGOK II is live!

I don’t have any particularly fond memories from the manga of the girls that Keima’s going for this season, and for the life of me I can’t fathom why Kusonoki was important enough that Show Spoiler ▼

. Maybe she’s cute? Not in my eyes.

Rating the girls this season, it would be Jun, Kusonoki and Chihiro, in that order from most liked to least.

• April 12, 2011 at 11:24 amLinkark

Actually four. You have Kusonoki + Chihiro + teacher + Haqua arc. Hopefully the show goes well this time and it goes to 24 or more episodes.

• April 12, 2011 at 12:53 pmgawrshness

seems like Keima has to deal with older girls instead of younger or the same age group this time, like you I missed this show very much

• April 12, 2011 at 1:00 pm✙Croosboy✙

True takaii. i really miss the old song. though i must say that the first op has better music, this time it has better quality graphics.
    This route is going to be awesome

• April 12, 2011 at 2:15 pmTWGOKFAN

Maybe we do get a fourth girl (secret) or this is a hint there will be a third season.
    [spoiler]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pnWGkSvaJxk&feature=related[/spoiler]

• April 12, 2011 at 3:00 pmYellow Flash

Where is Tsukiyo?

• April 12, 2011 at 4:31 pmGinko

This episode lacked firetrucks! :P

• April 12, 2011 at 5:41 pmOmega

If they followed the manga, Haqua’s arc is next after this arc. One of my favorite + sensei arc.

• April 12, 2011 at 6:39 pmMitsuba

• April 12, 2011 at 6:42 pmGambler

It would be nice if they just go all out and cover all the manga. But that would require too many seasons. Anyway, Elsie’s my fave. She comes in at the right times for great comedic scenes.

• April 12, 2011 at 7:05 pmAisu

Kasuga is gorgeous in anime form! Koshimizu Ami does a fantastic job playing her.
    Missed Elsie <3 But looking forward to seeing how Haqua turns out- she's a total cutie.

I also really liked the simplistic picture-book-esque style they used over here:

• April 12, 2011 at 7:20 pmdxb_blackwolf

I agree xD I didn’t really like her arc much in the manga but I’m loving it in the anime :D She’s just too cute >.<

• April 12, 2011 at 7:22 pmWhee

Ppl already mentioned it, but kinda weird to see only 3 of the girls in the OP.
    Kinda forgot so I have to brush up upon the manga again, but are they leaving out some girls from the manga or changing orders? (Or am I just delusional and completely off the track…)
    Without the season being like 50 episodes long, I think this season will leave room for yet another season, unless they completely stray away from the manga- oh no.

• April 13, 2011 at 5:04 amAisu

They’re not. Including Haqua, there should be four girls this season, stopping at Jun (the teacher). After Jun would be Tsukiyo, but her and any of the other girls will have to be left for a (possible) third season. Guess it depends on how the sales go for this season, considering the poor ones that the first got… A lot of my favorite arcs come up after this, so hopefully!
      Basically, according to my knowledge, the order should be somewhat like Kasuga->Haqua->Chihiro->Jun, just like how they appeared in the manga :)

• April 12, 2011 at 9:25 pmGil

Keima hit the jackpot with Kasuga.

I MEAN LOOK AT HER!!!!

• April 12, 2011 at 10:18 pmFlappy

I wanna see Haqua arc… thats where the story really starts picking up to high gear. Kasuga is just cute :)

• April 13, 2011 at 2:11 amSnicket

Well this series started with a bang…literally. It looks like they they’ve already trimmed down on some of the story thins time around. Show Spoiler ▼

Though given how much material there is, it may be a good thing.

However:

Then again, it was way into the story that was reviled. Or when they started to show up. So it may be better then throwing it in near the end

• April 13, 2011 at 5:34 amZero

Probably making more time for Haruka and Elsie episodes.
    Only explanation for bullrushing this Arc. While its still nicely done, I’m kinda sad they’re already on the date…

• April 13, 2011 at 7:53 amponpon22

Yeah, that’s a shame. Even without reading the manga, I can tell something is missing from the presentation.

• April 14, 2011 at 7:19 amponpon22

Err, strike that. I read the manga and it doesn’t seem like anything is missing before the date scenes.

• April 13, 2011 at 9:38 amLee

Can someone explain the precise meaning of the translation of the series title? Should the Japanese translate to “The Only World [that] God Knows” or “The World [that] Only God Knows”? The current series title (The World God Only Knows) is ambiguous and not well-translated IMO.

• April 13, 2011 at 7:28 pmamado

your just overthinking it.
      “god” is referring to keima so it means: “the world keima only knows”.
      could mean that keima lives in his own world(the fiction world aka only sees 2D girls and not the 3D ones).

• April 13, 2011 at 9:07 pmLee

Yea, I figured “God” refers to Keima, but my point is, does the title mean that this is the only world that Keima knows (i.e., Keima knows no other world), or does it mean that only Keima knows/understands this world and that no one else knows/understands it? Sure, it’s not an important point or anything, but I’m still curious. Maybe Divine can help me out here?

• April 14, 2011 at 7:36 amamado

I think its more on keima is in his own little world aka the 2D world.
        it could also well be that only keima understands the world. he does get through the challenges a lot using a very different method from the other characters aka he uses his games to capture the loose souls.
        its a minor spoiler but haqua mentions that only keima uses the “love” approach in getting them so maybe his way of looking the world(mixing the 3D with 2D).

anyway, thats the best I can answer you. maybe Divine can give a better one but he’s sick so it might take a while.

• April 14, 2011 at 7:21 amponpon22

In the OP lyrics for the first season, “God only knows” is repeated a couple times. I think that’s how the title goes.

• April 13, 2011 at 10:12 amNexusM78

• April 13, 2011 at 8:06 pmluffy_kun111

• April 14, 2011 at 9:45 amFlappy

Can anyone tell me who is the voice actor of the fish? seriously i want to know…

• April 15, 2011 at 4:38 amKanon-chan-fan

I think it would be pretty tough to find that out.

• April 15, 2011 at 4:37 amGhostalker

I found this episode very good in re-establishing and re-familiarizing myself to the series. I’m really excited to see the new girl from hell. So far very good, direct to the point this time plus the girl is really cute :)

• April 15, 2011 at 5:53 pmbobbymarwan

Finally i can watch this anime again,,,,,,,,,,

• April 21, 2011 at 7:44 pmAhmy

I was waiting for this season since the season 1! >> cuz they already said about season 2 when season 1 was still airing.