Deadman Wonderland – 04 »« Deadman Wonderland – 02

Deadman Wonderland – 03

Deadman Wonderland   03   01 Deadman Wonderland   03   02 Deadman Wonderland   03   03
Deadman Wonderland   03   04 Deadman Wonderland   03   05 Deadman Wonderland   03   06
Deadman Wonderland   03   07 Deadman Wonderland   03   08 Deadman Wonderland   03   09
Deadman Wonderland   03   10 Deadman Wonderland   03   11 Deadman Wonderland   03   12
Deadman Wonderland   03   13 Deadman Wonderland   03   14 Deadman Wonderland   03   15
Deadman Wonderland   03   16 Deadman Wonderland   03   17 Deadman Wonderland   03   18
Deadman Wonderland   03   19 Deadman Wonderland   03   20 Deadman Wonderland   03   21
Deadman Wonderland   03   22 Deadman Wonderland   03   23 Deadman Wonderland   03   24
Deadman Wonderland   03   25 Deadman Wonderland   03   26 Deadman Wonderland   03   27
Deadman Wonderland   03   28 Deadman Wonderland   03   29 Deadman Wonderland   03   30
Deadman Wonderland   03   31 Deadman Wonderland   03   32 Deadman Wonderland   03   33

「G 棟」 (G-tou)
“G sector”

Everything that Shiro does runs completely against the dark mood of this show. She seems pretty oblivious to what’s going on (or just chooses to ignore it) and just lives in her own little world like a young kid. Her antics make for some amusing situations though, especially since it’s always at inappropriate times. It’s a pretty big contrast with the same horrified expression Ganta makes all the time. However, no one, neither prisoner nor staff, not even Ganta, seems to notice how Shiro is completely out of place, and she just wanders around randomly doing what she wants, having no number or collar.

Then on the other hand there’s Tamaki, who’s such an obvious villain. The writer really tries to portray him as pure evil, a disturbing person toying around with the innocent. He has his special bad guy meeting room, his room full of toys, a creepy flower that plays the guitar, and the classic evil grin. Of course his interest in Ganta is probably just part of his master plan involving the “red man” (Wretched Egg). The whole thing is just layer after layer of conspiracy: Deadman Wonderland turns out to be a prison for Wretched Egg, which is restrained by the “mother goose” system.

After the system breaks down, the red man breaks out and meets Ganta, who’s hell-bent on revenge and manages to activate his powers again. It was pretty cool to see the Wretched Egg’s Branch of Sin being animated too, since it was more difficult to see exactly what was going on in the manga. The blood in general does look a bit odd though since it seems to be shiny rather than dark red. Also, in-line with the shounen genre, the characters have copious amounts of blood, probably more than a real human would have. Granted however, he does collapse from blood loss afterwards. The encounter was an important catalyst for Ganta as he realizes his new powers, and the poor guy now has everyone on his tail again, heavily armed robots not excluded. Yoh is sticking pretty close to him too, as he is in cahoots with Tamaki. I would say he doesn’t really have any ill will though and he does save Ganta’s life with a candy and shares his new stash of cast points with him as well.

With Shiro’s help, they find the secret G cell-block containing the “true” Deadman Wonderland, housing the other Deadmen. I don’t really understand all the secrecy, and I don’t get how Tamaki can hide an entire sector so that even Makina has no clue. Yes he probably does have all these schemes that he would prefer other people not to know about, but he has to have a good amount of underlings too, and with Makina’s no-nonsense attitude plus the extensive surveillance in the prison, and the fact that the Deadmen participate in the “entertainment” in DMW too, it doesn’t really make sense and stretches my suspension of disbelief. That turns into a minor point though because with the arrival of Senji, I’m getting excited about seeing the Deadmen as we’re finally getting to the core of the series. It’s not the most unique show ever, but there’s plenty of action, twists, and conspiracies to look forward to.

Deadman Wonderland   03   Preview 01 Deadman Wonderland   03   Preview 02 Deadman Wonderland   03   Preview 03
April 30, 2011 at 2:57 pm
  • April 30, 2011 at 3:06 pmSpiritsoul

This episode was so goood!!

• April 30, 2011 at 3:12 pmvirox

After last’s episode that felt kinda strange because of all the changes, this one felt good again. Somehow, still, I get this feeling that the producers don’t know how to connect the parts correctly, some stuff feels out of place or strangely animated, and then again it looks brilliant.
    Anyway, next episode should be pretty good.

• April 30, 2011 at 5:51 pmBossun

I’ve only read the first few chapters of the manga, but does the girl they took out end up playing a big role such that the anime will have a different ending than the manga?

• April 30, 2011 at 6:50 pmamado

she does.
        lets just say she becomes ganta’s friend, work out the rest of what might happen yourself.

• April 30, 2011 at 8:34 pmBossun

Well I guess that could be a good thing. It’s sometimes nice when the manga and anime differ. That way one doesn’t spoil the other.

• April 30, 2011 at 3:27 pmanishuma

ABOUT DAM TIME, SOME MOTHAFUCKIN CROW!

And the Ganta Gun is born ;p

• April 30, 2011 at 3:28 pmTriangle MAN

This show should be nothing but black screen so we would atleast see something -_-

• April 30, 2011 at 3:33 pmPandAEmic

Thats Japanese censoring for yah…

• April 30, 2011 at 4:17 pmTriangle MAN

I hope that the blu-ray edition saves this show and removes them all.

• April 30, 2011 at 8:45 pmPandAEmic

Most likely, DVD/Blu-ray is always uncensored <3

• April 30, 2011 at 3:49 pmBurgerz

Ermmm… front page for this post says “Everyone that Shiro does”

May be a slight error ;)

• April 30, 2011 at 3:53 pmProoof

fixed

• April 30, 2011 at 3:52 pmanna

I’ve been eagerly anticipating this post/episode! THANK YOU!

Can’t wait to see more of Crow!!!

• April 30, 2011 at 4:28 pmTan-Tan 3807 /2010/10/24/heartcatch-precure-37/

Very enlightening previews for the next episode!

• April 30, 2011 at 4:29 pmTan-Tan

(lol dunno what happened to my name above)

• April 30, 2011 at 4:31 pmInquisitive Mind

since the chatbox is gone, I didn’t really know where to put this, but did you guys know Highschool of the Dead is already being dubbed? And they’re already halfway through it. The original only came out last summer. That’s a pretty quick turnaround, dontcha think?

• April 30, 2011 at 4:33 pmcode fanboy

I was hoping that the “red man” would say “hello woodpeccker” so then everyone can hear and get an idea who it is.

• April 30, 2011 at 5:20 pmRasone0104

omg crow!!! the badass character of the series enters!
    nice!!!

• April 30, 2011 at 5:34 pmLOLwaha

Should I read the Manga…. I am really getting interested in this series…. I really wanted to know who that Red Man is… oh wai- inb4 wikipedia…

• April 30, 2011 at 6:03 pmZangetsu

• April 30, 2011 at 6:44 pmamado

reading wikis is not a good thing to do if you wanna avoid spoiling major points.

read it at tv tropes instead. they at least put spoiler in their examples.

• May 1, 2011 at 2:17 pmfirefly

I know I did the same thing and was like WHAT!!!!

• April 30, 2011 at 6:43 pmamado

now that ive read the manga, I recognize the characters in the ED song.

if this has only 12 eps, probably gonna end with the scar chain arc. if 24 eps, maybe the part where ganta knows who is the red man. but kinda doubtful of the latter since a certain character didnt show up.
    most likely, anime will end at the former with a bit of original ending.

anyway, there was a weird censor in the one that I watched. they censored a **** word.
    if they have bloodshed, why censor the words?

• April 30, 2011 at 8:34 pmBossun

Kind of a spoiler there, chief

• April 30, 2011 at 9:10 pmamado

yeah kinda but its pretty vague enough. I didnt say who the red man is did I?
        scar chain arc would take a while before it comes anyway. you wouldnt know what scar chain is until quite later in the story.

• May 1, 2011 at 10:02 amChris

I havent been watching, waiting for bluray.

Who didnt show up? AND PLEASE USE SPOILER TAGS.

• April 30, 2011 at 6:48 pmamado

btw, hey Proof. are you still keeping up with C or is it dropped or something? it was like yesterday.

• April 30, 2011 at 7:18 pmqntiria

Please don’t tell me you dropped it since it just got interesting T_T

• April 30, 2011 at 8:01 pmSee

Probably dropped it. It’s a horrible anime anyway.

• April 30, 2011 at 8:16 pmamado

its a pretty good anime.
        ep 3 has gotten things a bit more serious.

• April 30, 2011 at 8:50 pmProoof

not dropped, just working out some stuff; sorry about the post being delayed, my schedule has been tied up

• April 30, 2011 at 7:34 pmTaiakun

Shiro going “BAKA~~~” was so cute XD

• April 30, 2011 at 8:11 pmThrudgelmir

“Prooof startled the Witch!”

Sorry, had to get that out.

• April 30, 2011 at 8:45 pmTaiakun

Lol brillant XD

In honesty, I would rather startle Shiro than a witch. Not to mention that sobbing sound is creepy D:

• April 30, 2011 at 9:14 pmamado

shiro kicked a robot away and broke away metal bars(it was a wall in the manga).
        but shiro is kinda cute so…

• May 1, 2011 at 4:19 amTaiakun

Lol but at least she didn’t attack the main character XD Perhaps the witch will come straight for you with her sharp claws and her “ARGHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!” while I would be “AHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!! SAFEHOUSE…WHERE!!!!!!!!!” *dies*

• April 30, 2011 at 10:25 pmKalamity

Good episode, but noticed a drop in episode quality. Hopefully this means that they are saving their budget up for action scenes.

Please don’t end with an original ending. Please don’t end with an original ending.Please don’t end with an original ending.Please don’t end with an original ending.Please don’t end with an original ending.Please….

• April 30, 2011 at 11:49 pmSchmell

Err…what do you mean by original ending? Manga is still unfinished

Can agree with Virox about poor part connection: sometimes it looks so goofy, i can’t even…

Music in some scenes is incredibly good, wtb ost

• April 30, 2011 at 11:52 pmProoof

one season will probably not be enough to cover all the manga material, so either they cut it off at some point, go for original ending, or make a second season

• April 30, 2011 at 10:44 pmLordHuggington

This week’s episode was pretty good. I’m glad we’re seeing more of the Red Man, and enjoyed the chase as Ganta and company ran to G Block. It does seem strange that Makina doesn’t know of it, but if she started work at the prison after the incident 4 years earlier, she may have no reason to know of strange inmates with powers, or that there is such an area in the prison. Looking forward to next week’s episode. It would be nice to see Ganta have better control of his power than just seeing it emerge in really dire situations.

• April 30, 2011 at 10:48 pmctscloud

By classic, like Tamaki the joker?? haha. Good ep btw, read the manga up to current and hoping to see if they follow with the adaption or original ending.

• April 30, 2011 at 11:49 pmv1cious

I suspect this is gonna be two seasons, and 12 with the big “Holy Shit!” moment (manga readers know what i’m talking about)

• May 1, 2011 at 12:29 amtotoum

“and the fact that the Deadmen participate in the “entertainment” in DMW too,”

Maybe I’m wrong about this but Ganta is the only deadman to have been in a public attraction,the others don’t get out of the G block,I think.

• May 1, 2011 at 2:04 amRicalloo

Thank you Prooof for reassuring me. I thought I had missed something or wasn’t getting it… and by “it” I mean Shiro. Whenever I see her I can only think she doesn’t belong. Who is this albino girl wearing all white? Why doesn’t anyone else think she is completely out of place? When I first saw her, I thought only Ganta could see her, but then other prisoners reacted to her.

Now I know I is not crazy!

• May 1, 2011 at 3:00 amewok40k

geeez… nothing makes sense – a strange little girl ramimg prison at will, an entire hidden cell block even the guards dont know about – it all REALLY stretches my suspension of disbelief…

• May 1, 2011 at 3:04 amamado

it will make sense later.
      as for the guards not knowing those… the “weasel” just doesnt let them know. plain and simple.

• May 1, 2011 at 7:38 amewok40k

“weasel” what a fitting description… still, someone has to guard the compound for deadmen, there is probably something called aerial surveillance in place etc.
        People build buildings, people guard them, people talk… or at least pick others people curiosity. What is that special outfit of guards doing and why do they respond only to one individual?
        Even the most secret organizations and operations do get out eventually.
        Son Tay raid is example. On the eve of operation few young soldiers came to the base HQ and asked if an raid to rescue POWs in Vietnam is being prepared. They figured it out from movement of troops, material etc. They have been contained in the base until the raid but this proves the hard thing in doing something secret on large scale.

• May 1, 2011 at 6:07 pmamado

the “weasel” has some people/guards/scientist in the know and make them keep it a secret. basically, theres the normal kind of guards and theres the ones who are employed by him that know about the true deadman wonderland.

• May 2, 2011 at 8:34 amewok40k

anyway his cover seems to be blown as our lovely Frau Kapitan seems determined to uncover what is going on, and she is rather tough opponent…

• May 1, 2011 at 3:01 amGodKnows

I love the mindless violence in this show.It’s like a serious version of dokuro-chan lol.I just wish someone would license this already so I can buy the blu-rays.

• May 1, 2011 at 3:03 amamado

for you guys who are confused by shiro, heres a tip: avoid the wikis. you will get spoiled majorly.

• May 1, 2011 at 3:52 amMrRei

Shiro’s innocent personality and her “?” history, not to mention she might not even be a prisoner due to her unknown number.. makes it seem like she’s somehow related to the red-man. or maybe that’s just me..

• May 1, 2011 at 6:16 amedru

*whistles innocently*

• May 1, 2011 at 6:23 amamado

then again, you know that Show Spoiler ▼

• May 1, 2011 at 9:29 amewok40k

anyway, regarding Shiro, a lifetime of gaming experiences has teached me to be wary of strange little girls roaming dungeons at will… (Yxunomei anyone?)

• May 1, 2011 at 4:37 pm1Lau

This show is so evil

• May 1, 2011 at 10:24 pmFoofiebeast

Why the first time they run into the robot does Shiro have a # ( http://randomc.net/image/Deadman%20Wonderland/Deadman%20Wonderland%20-%2003%20-%20Large%2027.jpg )

yeah then later on they make a big point of showing that she doesn’t. Was this just a really obvious mistake?

• May 1, 2011 at 10:57 pmedru

I think the robot was searching for each of their number at that part, and since it found ganta’s, it didnt bother with shiro’s number.

• May 1, 2011 at 11:14 pmProoof

the digits were just cycling endlessly because it couldn’t find her number, the still shot is misleading; later when Shiro faces off against the robot it displays her number as unknown

• May 2, 2011 at 8:36 amewok40k

It seems everybody knows Shiro and isnt surprised by her being there – she must be famous/legend amongst the inmates or what?

• May 3, 2011 at 6:25 pmpieprsn

I was actually really unimpressed with the robot. It’s supposedly killed so many people, but it seems really easy to beat. It’s kinda heavily armored, but key wires are placed right outside the design, making them incredibly easy to clip or rip out (as Yoh demonstrated). While this only keeps the robot at bay for a little while until the backup power kicks in, you would think that if they were going to spend so much money on a robot that shoots freaking lazers and has an auto-identifying lazer pinpointing system, they would at least not put the goddamn WIRES out in the open like that. And that lazer was a joke. It took forever for it to dramatically charge up. If the thing has such a sophistocated lock-on system, a simple machine gun would be so much more useful and cheaper. The fact that I found robot birds with smiling faces and sniper rifles more potent than the “ULTIMATE ROBOT OF DESTRUCTION” just shows that the author didn’t think out shit when they made the robot. I don’t blame the animation company for this so much as the mangaka (I haven’t read the manga, but I’m guessing that this scene pretty much the same, judging from the reactions on here). Sorry if I’m ranting here but…the whole idea of the robot is absolutely ridiculous.

I can put up with judicial cases that don’t make any sense (mostly because I can imagine that the owner of Deadman Wonderland was probably in control of the entire courtroom), cliche characters (such as said owner) and I can even turn my head away and ignore the ridiculousness of the robot. What I can’t get over, however, is the whole stupid concept that anyone would even a facility such as this to exist legally! I mean, COME ON! If anyone found out about this, the world would react even worse than they did in the nuclear crisis in Russia. I can guarantee that, even 12 years in the future, there’s no way that Japan’s government would be so messed up to allow this. Even if it was, America certainly wouldn’t allow it (because as AMERICA, we have to free EVERYONE). I understand that human nature is sick and all, but no one is stupid enough to believe that those “games” are nothing but special effects! If anything like that were to exist in real life, the public would be revolted and the controlers of the prison would be destroyed by the court of law.

We don’t live in the time of ancient Rome. Humans have higher standards now. They won’t get excited over watching people die, even if they are convicts. The entire concept is absolutely ridiculous. I can’t take the series seriously because it feels like watching a Hollywood movie, where they just do whatever will have the most effect on the viewing audience and don’t think about how reality would work. I’m not really trying to bash the show, I’m just saying that it’s so absurd, I can’t really bring myself to watch it and enjoy it. That’s all.

Sorry for the rant. I don’t post much, but when I do…I tend to get excited.

• May 3, 2011 at 6:25 pmpieprsn

WOAH…did I write all that? Damn…I have a problem…

• July 1, 2011 at 10:48 amLud

Dude… that’s anime. Its not suposed to be real. I mean, It’s about prisioners in a private facility who engage in dead fights using their blood as weapons. Who cares about the japanese government?

• July 1, 2011 at 10:53 amLud

this anime is REALLY messed up. damn… good plot, but Im not sure if I will keep seeing it, its just too creepy.