Denpa Onna to Seishun Otoko – 05 »« Denpa Onna to Seishun Otoko – 03

Denpa Onna to Seishun Otoko – 04

Denpa Onna to Seishun Otoko   04   01 Denpa Onna to Seishun Otoko   04   02 Denpa Onna to Seishun Otoko   04   03
Denpa Onna to Seishun Otoko   04   04 Denpa Onna to Seishun Otoko   04   05 Denpa Onna to Seishun Otoko   04   06
Denpa Onna to Seishun Otoko   04   07 Denpa Onna to Seishun Otoko   04   08 Denpa Onna to Seishun Otoko   04   09
Denpa Onna to Seishun Otoko   04   10 Denpa Onna to Seishun Otoko   04   11 Denpa Onna to Seishun Otoko   04   12
Denpa Onna to Seishun Otoko   04   13 Denpa Onna to Seishun Otoko   04   14 Denpa Onna to Seishun Otoko   04   15
Denpa Onna to Seishun Otoko   04   16 Denpa Onna to Seishun Otoko   04   17 Denpa Onna to Seishun Otoko   04   18
Denpa Onna to Seishun Otoko   04   19 Denpa Onna to Seishun Otoko   04   20 Denpa Onna to Seishun Otoko   04   21
Denpa Onna to Seishun Otoko   04   22 Denpa Onna to Seishun Otoko   04   23 Denpa Onna to Seishun Otoko   04   24
Denpa Onna to Seishun Otoko   04   25 Denpa Onna to Seishun Otoko   04   26 Denpa Onna to Seishun Otoko   04   27
Denpa Onna to Seishun Otoko   04   28 Denpa Onna to Seishun Otoko   04   29 Denpa Onna to Seishun Otoko   04   30
Denpa Onna to Seishun Otoko   04   31 Denpa Onna to Seishun Otoko   04   32 Denpa Onna to Seishun Otoko   04   33
Denpa Onna to Seishun Otoko   04   34 Denpa Onna to Seishun Otoko   04   35 Denpa Onna to Seishun Otoko   04   36

「右腕骨折全治一箇月」 (Migiude Kossetsu Zenchi Ikkagetsu)
“One Month to Mend a Broken Right Arm”

Through various dialogues in a hospital, everything up till now is passed on to the rest of the “harem,” and in a rather entertaining manner. There’s no random nonsense this time, so I really enjoyed everything, as the dialogues cycle through sexual harassment, quirky jokes, sarcasm, and just bizarro. I mean, the question is still there for me, “why the hell are these two girls still attached to the guy?” And the answer is still obvious, it’s because the author wants more girls in the show with some sort of link to the main character so the viewer can get sexual stimulation, sexual dialogue, and sexual tension. It’s typical, it’s exceedingly obvious in this show, but I enjoy it because the characters enjoy it (Meme is a prime example, I applaud Makoto’s restraint). They sure as hell don’t keep it a secret that they like him, and openly tease each other about it without much deliberation, which cuts all the normal social limitations (or annoying limitations) of “keeping it to yourself to someone you don’t really know that well.” So it’s more like, how can I make these characters say whatever the hell they want, but still keep enough coherency enough to get a point across? I figured the author would be more of a story depth kind of guy, rather than a dialogue-centric one, but since he loves Nision Sin so much, maybe Denpa is his way of trying out a homage. It’s still only four episodes though, so the plot definitely has an enormous amount of time to deliver, but it’s hard to say if it’ll ever reach a gripping sort of status.

Man I just absolutely lost it when Maekawa walked in the room wearing an eggplant asking “you getting bored?” as if saying, why yes, I wore this eggplant to entertain you. The comedy is definitely one of the high points of the show, and although the hit/miss ratio is like 2 to 10, those two jokes are usually so hilarious they make up for the lacking ones. Seriously, Maekawa’s eggplant was a knee-slapper (not sure if this is a good term for making my point, I did hit the desk). As far as unique goes, Denpa’s cast does succeed the realm of mediocrity, but not by much. They did avoid the cliche of Makoto going, “since I broke your dreams, I will now take it as a responsibility to protect the void in your heart,” which leads to Erio blushing and finding some sort of attachment to a sentence any shmuck can say with the right timing. I’m glad Erio’s taking it quite well, with even appreciation, but if Makoto can’t help with her memories, what the hell are we going to be watching for the rest of the episodes? Launching water propelled rockets? Heh, well it’s never a bad sign that I don’t know what’s in store.

Next week, Meme turns 40. Mid-life crisis?

May 6, 2011 at 9:28 pm
  • May 6, 2011 at 9:34 pmHαru

Why does every screencap of Erio is like a piece of wonderful art. So damn HNNNNNNNNGGGG><

• May 6, 2011 at 10:33 pmLuxorcist

That, my friend, is the hallmark of high quality animation.

• May 6, 2011 at 10:42 pmKiiragi

No, just well drawn stills. The animation quality this episode was derptastic to be honest.

• May 6, 2011 at 10:45 pmNhelraios

Derp faces everywhere in the hospital, what happened to my SHAFT?

• May 6, 2011 at 11:15 pmTriangle MAN

Ill just ignore the sparkly hair because its to annoying… Does she have unicorns that explode every time when she flips her hair back and forth in there?

• May 6, 2011 at 9:53 pmClick

GLITTER AND UNICORNS AND ERIO.

• May 6, 2011 at 10:22 pmdu5k

Shhhhhh… that’s actually alien technology.

• May 6, 2011 at 9:56 pmKumaKaori

Augh, the eggplant suit. I would’ve been better off if she hadn’t explained her own joke. Instead I was left in horrible pun pain. It was glorious, but oh so painful.

• May 6, 2011 at 10:17 pmAlec

• May 6, 2011 at 10:30 pmP0NCH

Eggplant!!!!!!

• May 6, 2011 at 10:34 pmRayshi

I truly enjoy How beautifully Erio is drawn but I think all the character development of Erio is being done by Makoto. Actually there isn’t a important moment where Makoto isn’t present. I would enjoy a dialogue between Meme and Erio quite a bit.

• May 6, 2011 at 10:38 pmNhelraios

Your cake is almost past its expiration date, go “eat” it now.

• May 6, 2011 at 10:52 pmhashi

Humor hit:miss ratio is 9:10 for me. Plot is already very interesting, for me, and the characters are more than just quirky and entertaining. There is stuff lurking there, waiting to be seen. Girls are not just parachuted in, they have a reason to like this guy: he is cute, smart, funny, kind, and respectful.

• May 6, 2011 at 11:09 pmKiiragi

Oh please, you’re attributing good characteristics to a CREATED character. Do you know how easy it is to make any character all those things? All of a sudden we’re supposed to excuse how harems form just because the main character is WRITTEN to be the best guy on earth? Sorry, but if every girl had their own unique aspect and view on the main character, that’s the best way to make harems form. Every time.

• May 6, 2011 at 11:13 pmProoof

echo

• May 7, 2011 at 4:53 amHp

*crickets*

• May 6, 2011 at 10:53 pmhashi

Sorry. Humor hit:miss ratio 9:1.

• May 6, 2011 at 10:57 pmewok40k

Gaaah! I went to the fridge today morning to get milk and there was sexy woman there!

• May 6, 2011 at 11:01 pmPandAEmic

Sparkly hair, so pretty, must touch.

• May 7, 2011 at 2:03 pmTriangle MAN

I whip my hair back and forth!

• May 6, 2011 at 11:03 pmTrystinia

Erio popping her head out of the futon <3~ sooo cute!

I am glad she didn't fully relapse back to when Makoto first met her.

• May 6, 2011 at 11:08 pmShirt

Dag I was hoping we’d get a few full shots of Ryuuko, Maekawa, and Meme on the hospital bed. They’d make for some great MAL pics too. Ryuuko on that mattress was heaven.

• May 6, 2011 at 11:26 pmBROOKLYN otaku

Ugh, the overly similar “cutey” faces that everyone seems to have are getting out of hand.

• May 6, 2011 at 11:49 pmThe Story You Don’t Know

Every single time I watch this, I always get that feeling that the author is NisioIsin though I know another author who was also a fan of Nisio’s wrote it. Still, great story nevertheless :)

This and AnoHana are the two best animes this season for me :)

• May 7, 2011 at 12:21 amamado

erio was cute when she scrambled around her room with her futon when she realized makoto was home.

• May 7, 2011 at 1:26 amCroosboy

D: mid life crisis?

• May 7, 2011 at 1:54 amTavern

Dropped.

• May 7, 2011 at 4:31 amTrystinia

Cool bro. On the other hand.. I just marathoned all the episodes out so far 3 times today and I can’t wait to do it again before the 5th episode!! Erio<3~

• May 7, 2011 at 5:05 pmTrystinia

Just kidding guys, I really dropped it too.

• May 7, 2011 at 7:24 pmTrystinia

^ orly~ Lol. Did some child really just pretend to be me because he’s butt hurt about something? XD

This brightened my day right after work. Thank you my fellow anime lover. I hope you find yourself an amazingly fantastical show that you would not want to drop. ^_~

• May 7, 2011 at 8:37 pmn0216332

@Display Picture-less Trystinia
        :’D

• May 10, 2011 at 3:33 amGhostalker

@ Trystinia

This is my favorite anime this season…

On other notes, so other people can use your name and spread false eh?

• May 7, 2011 at 2:35 amSerapita

Hmmm, I’m not sure what would I rate on the hit:miss ratio but the show is fun to watch on general. And the characters are really beautifully-drawn which is the main reason I watch this show, which is VERY UNLIKE Shaft…. I still can’t believe Shaft makes this show. Seriously.

• May 7, 2011 at 3:51 amFlamingYu

So, from now, this show is gonna wander around aimlessly until the end?

• May 7, 2011 at 4:07 amKiiragi

I hope not.

• May 7, 2011 at 4:16 amTrystinia

It will wander aimlessly.. and Erio and Meme will sparkle from time to time~ Haha
      I hope not as well XD
      There has to be more meat with those potatoes..

• May 7, 2011 at 12:00 pmSerapita

Erio sparkles all the times… Ohana should take some lessons from her if she really wants to sparkle. ;x

• May 7, 2011 at 4:34 amInvisibleZombie

So now for a serious conversation about my impressions on this episo-…Ooooh shiny hair…so pretty must touch *^*

• May 7, 2011 at 6:03 amKarmafan

The girl wearing the hat is very similar to the girl from Sora (the shrine maiden). They look and act like twins and have many of the same mannerisms. She was the sister of the rich girl and lived at a shrine and always wore a cat on her head (can’t remember her name but think its Akira).

• May 7, 2011 at 7:36 pmTrystinia

I sometimes get Minorin vibes from Ryuushi with some of her actions and wackiness. Now that you mention Akira from sora though, I can kind of see it as well, but minorin from toradora popped in my mind first.. haha

• May 7, 2011 at 7:02 amBooya

Can someone explain to me what the hell was that missile about? hnnnnggggggg…

• May 7, 2011 at 8:07 amWilfriback

Foreshadowing to the next event/character.

• May 7, 2011 at 5:38 pmamado

maybe its that astronaut girl in the OP.

• May 7, 2011 at 8:38 amAex

This show continues to amaze me with how cute the girls are. They’re all 11′s on a scale to 10! It’s an awesome overload!! I loved the hospital scenes when Ryuuko and Maekawa were fighting, way too funny. Erio is still the cutest though, in or out of the futon, no question. Meme is just… Meme *drools*.

• May 7, 2011 at 9:32 amLes Cousins Dangereux

I like the way they think.

• May 7, 2011 at 10:33 amKuro

“it’s because the author wants more girls in the show with some sort of link to the main character so the viewer can get sexual stimulation, sexual dialogue, and sexual tension”

It’s because of this that made me extremely irritated at the first half of this show. It was just so blatant that I found it hard to appreciate the dialog in any way and was practically yelling at the screen for them to stop wasting my time and get out of that fricken’ hospital. The last episode had so much promise that they were going somewhere with the alien plot but hopefully the next episode will continue with that trend. Sorry for the rant, this episode really made me angry.

• May 7, 2011 at 1:48 pmSnicket

Well that was interesting. They seem to be trying to cram as much ‘plot’ into each episode. Kinda hard to figure if this show is going to start to follow something or wander aimlessly around till the end. Either way is fine. As long as it doesn’t wander around and then suddenly rush to a quick end.

• May 7, 2011 at 3:31 pmSuzushina Yuriko

I’m surprised that nobody mentioned the 5 Centimeters Per Second reference yet. Also, the note said there was a cake in the fridge, so did Meme just call herself a Christmas cake?

To me, it doesn’t feel like he’s “rotating through the harem.” So far, I’ve been immensely enjoying this show and its dialogue.

• May 7, 2011 at 4:32 pmKiiragi

It’s not really a reference when it’s blatantly said out loud. Besides, mentioning it won’t make anyone feel superior, so that’s why you haven’t seen it.

• May 7, 2011 at 4:47 pmSkylaris

The Christmas Cake is a reference in Japan when girls pass their ideal marriage/relationship age. The allusion is that no one buys/eats Christmas Cake after the 25th (Christmas).

Meme is way passed 25 years old. :P

• May 7, 2011 at 4:30 pmkaon

kawaii¡¡

• May 7, 2011 at 5:38 pmStranger

Daww shucks.

No full-body caps of the ladies from the hospital bed scene?

• May 7, 2011 at 10:49 pmkeropi

I laughed so hard when Erio gave Makoto her panties!

• May 8, 2011 at 12:40 amLectro Volpi

Why do I love it so much!? this is like anime crack.

“why the hell are these two girls still attached to the guy?”

I tried this for like… 3 years (not talking to girls and waited for them to come at me) and why no hot girl from my class approach me!? this is not like my japanese anime!!! I feel betrayed!!!

• May 8, 2011 at 2:09 amMoondogg

LOLZ, With wet hair he looks like Kira Yamato…

• May 8, 2011 at 2:25 amAthos

So the guy tries jumping off a cliff. He breaks his arm, almost drowns, and spends two weeks in a hospital. Then he’s suspected for suicide attempt.

The word “deconstruction” comes to mind.

…I haven’t quite figured out of what exactly, though.

• May 9, 2011 at 7:59 amKokuyoku

People hating on this: take it as a quirkly slice off series and ignore any plot.

People hating on the Sparkles: Imagine every time it happens a copy of Twilight explodes.

• May 9, 2011 at 10:14 pmHalfDemonInuyasha

Yes, a sparkling Erio is FAR better to see than pretty-boy vampires XD

We need more Nasus!!!! *shot*

• May 10, 2011 at 12:16 amanishuma

There’s an Eva reference in the sticky notes.

Something about going to see the movie at theaters.I took it as a stab at people who liked watching movies online.