Kami nomi zo Shiru Sekai II – 06 »« Kami nomi zo Shiru Sekai II – 04

Kami nomi zo Shiru Sekai II – 05

Kami nomi zo Shiru Sekai II   05   01 Kami nomi zo Shiru Sekai II   05   02 Kami nomi zo Shiru Sekai II   05   03
Kami nomi zo Shiru Sekai II   05   04 Kami nomi zo Shiru Sekai II   05   05 Kami nomi zo Shiru Sekai II   05   06
Kami nomi zo Shiru Sekai II   05   07 Kami nomi zo Shiru Sekai II   05   08 Kami nomi zo Shiru Sekai II   05   09
Kami nomi zo Shiru Sekai II   05   10 Kami nomi zo Shiru Sekai II   05   11 Kami nomi zo Shiru Sekai II   05   12
Kami nomi zo Shiru Sekai II   05   13 Kami nomi zo Shiru Sekai II   05   14 Kami nomi zo Shiru Sekai II   05   15
Kami nomi zo Shiru Sekai II   05   16 Kami nomi zo Shiru Sekai II   05   17 Kami nomi zo Shiru Sekai II   05   18
Kami nomi zo Shiru Sekai II   05   19 Kami nomi zo Shiru Sekai II   05   20 Kami nomi zo Shiru Sekai II   05   21
Kami nomi zo Shiru Sekai II   05   22 Kami nomi zo Shiru Sekai II   05   23 Kami nomi zo Shiru Sekai II   05   24
Kami nomi zo Shiru Sekai II   05   25 Kami nomi zo Shiru Sekai II   05   26 Kami nomi zo Shiru Sekai II   05   27
Kami nomi zo Shiru Sekai II   05   28 Kami nomi zo Shiru Sekai II   05   29 Kami nomi zo Shiru Sekai II   05   30
Kami nomi zo Shiru Sekai II   05   31 Kami nomi zo Shiru Sekai II   05   32 Kami nomi zo Shiru Sekai II   05   33
Kami nomi zo Shiru Sekai II   05   34 Kami nomi zo Shiru Sekai II   05   35 Kami nomi zo Shiru Sekai II   05   36
Kami nomi zo Shiru Sekai II   05   37 Kami nomi zo Shiru Sekai II   05   38 Kami nomi zo Shiru Sekai II   05   39

「たどりついたらいつも雨ふり」 (Tadoritsuitara Itsumo Amefuri)
“It Always Rains at the End of a Hard Journey”

I’ve stated this many times before, but it kills me to watch Keima invest so much time and effort into saving these girls with loose souls inside of them only for their memories to be erased and have no clue about how hard Keima worked to save them. Also, if you haven’t picked up this show because you were afraid of another season of captures after captures, shame on you.

The emotional impact of this single episode was so strong that I nearly started to tear up in public. Had I been home, the tears would have probably been falling down my cheeks. Keima showed an entirely different side of himself this week, and it left a super strong impression. Kosaka Chihiro (Asumi Kana), the newest target is the definition of your average girl. Nothing really in particular makes her stand out, maybe except for how fickle she is about guys. The thing is, it really stung when Keima put up such a big front over refusing to save her, when he had already decided that he was going to save her. The rainy scene where Chihiro was rejected, Keima starting to get anxious while playing his PFP, and that internal scene of trying to figure out what choice to make, was all for nothing after not only getting shot down but getting all of his good intentions smashed on.

After such a strange turn of events, I felt really bad for Keima. It looks like the realization that all of his hard work never gets any kind of recognition finally hit him. But even worse then getting no recognition is the amount of ridicule he endures every minute of every day. Sure his obsession with games could make him stand out for the wrong reasons, but the way he expressed his concern for Chihiro was really sweet. What never occurred to me was that Keima is a normal person like you and me. When reality came knocking, it really knocked Keima down hard. As the seasons passed in-front of his door, it was clear just how depressed Keima was.

But in normal Kami Nomi fashion, something so amazing occurs that it changes the whole playing field. After getting completely sucked into Keima’s depression, I never expected that the very first girl from season one, Takahara Ayumi (Taketatsu Ayana), would appear. I was nearly tearing up when she extended her hand out to Keima, but that genuine smile on her face is what really got me. If I were to guess, the romantic side of me would say the feelings that Keima and Ayumi created overcame the fact they were erased and is what told Ayumi that something was wrong with Keima. As corny as this sound, I would be overjoyed if something involving Keima’s hard work and dedication came into play. Because right now, I think it’s just the thing Keima needs to get him out of this rut.

Kami nomi zo Shiru Sekai II   05   Preview 01
May 9, 2011 at 11:51 pm
  • May 10, 2011 at 12:15 amsikvod00

What Chihiro said about Keima was dead on (minus the roach part). I don’t feel too bad for him.

• May 10, 2011 at 12:19 amsikvod00

Eh, lemme rephrase that. Most of what she said was correct. But while he is obsessed with gaming, he does care about other people (like worrying over Chihiro). Too bad he had to go tsundere and lash out at her when he found out she jumps from one guy to another =/

• May 10, 2011 at 12:29 amX

“I’ve stated this many times before, but it kills me to watch Keima invest so much time and effort into saving these girls with loose souls inside of them only for their memories to be erased and have no clue about how hard Keima worked to save them”

Same here! The only thing left for it to be really horrible and for the series to dive into the drama is if Keima will truly fall in love with one of the girls that he will capture. Damn it would suck to be in his position, to make the girl in love with you to save her, but doing so will cause her to forget about you. Though I’m glad that TWGOK has not taken that direction yet, both in the anime and manga, and I hope it will continue it’s current setting. After all, I just love all the heroines in this series, and especially like Keima’s personality and attitude.

• May 10, 2011 at 12:45 amnghtmrsrph

You know, when Ayumi showed up at the end of the episode it really felt like season one never ended. Part of me was waiting for Koi no Shirushi to play instead of Ai no Yokan, haha.

Anyway, the Chihiro arc was one of my favorites from the manga and I expect good things from it, keep it up Manglobe!

• May 10, 2011 at 1:03 amAntonius

nin nin x)

• May 10, 2011 at 1:32 amFlamingYu

The seasonal change on Keima’s room door, made me go ” WTF!? “.

• May 10, 2011 at 1:52 amLewl

This.

Didn’t like the Chihiro arc in the manga. But it did get a laugh out of me once when Show Spoiler ▼

• May 11, 2011 at 2:27 amIronicTales

That part totally killed the mode for me
      Don’t know why though

• May 11, 2011 at 2:27 amIronicTales

mood*

• May 11, 2011 at 4:46 pmBaKaYaRou

They overdoing it in that portion and I think it didn’t suited well the show at all and thus giving a negative vibes to me.

• May 10, 2011 at 1:45 amRichard

I don’t know why I’m always expecting the next anime episode rather than the next manga chapter.

This anime is just too good.

• May 10, 2011 at 1:50 amamado

yes! finally!
    ayumi has reappeared. she’s my fave capture girl in the whole manga.

• May 10, 2011 at 1:59 amKoroshiya

I concur. Need more Ayumi. Mars fighto!

• May 10, 2011 at 2:11 amCroosboy

i also second that. though i like Kanon in the anime and her in the manga :>

• May 10, 2011 at 3:46 amRickyMack

second, third, or fourth that!

• May 10, 2011 at 9:33 amShirt

♥ Look at her hair! Her hair!!

• May 10, 2011 at 1:59 amtomphile

I really loved this episode. After all, the goddess (Ayumi) returned. I really hope that she plays an integral role in the arc to come but that doesn’t mean I want every girl that Keima has “conquered” to come back. That would be overkill, and frankly, not every girl from the series has interested me. Kanon, was just … bad.
    Anyways, check out my anime blog where I reviewed this episode and other anime as well!

• May 10, 2011 at 9:32 amShirt

I remember Divine saying something about advertising..

Shouldn’t you contact the writers if you want to get more readers? They can simply put your blog in the affiliates section. :|

• May 10, 2011 at 2:11 amamado

and I also like how the anime and manga release a new ep and new chap on the same day respectively.
    the new chapter was quite surprising, keima will really do anything it takes to conquer the girls.

• May 10, 2011 at 2:14 amLewl

I roflmao’ed when I saw page 6

• May 10, 2011 at 3:06 amPanda-kun

Page 6?

• May 10, 2011 at 3:31 amLewl

Damn. This was meant to be a reply to the post above.

• May 10, 2011 at 11:43 amTakaii

When you said page 6, I assumed screencap 6
      this

“if there’s 60,000 dragon balls, why even try?!”

• May 11, 2011 at 3:47 amcybersteel

when he Show Spoiler ▼

wore a dress

• May 11, 2011 at 3:50 amcybersteel

• May 10, 2011 at 2:16 amTorrigan

Hmm while it is true that they all forget about Keima specifically alot of the effects Keima caused are still there with the majority of heroines and some arcs shows that he really does care about these girls the second part shown almost perfectly with Kanon’s arc he couldve chosen the easy road and had her depend on him but knowing the effects that this would cause once he was forgotten he choose a different ending.

just my opinion feel free to deny it

• May 10, 2011 at 5:52 pmbaka~

your opinion is right on but it’ll take awhile for the anime to catch up to the manga where Keima concerns himself with his past captures

• May 10, 2011 at 2:44 amTehJawknee

Let’s face it, guys. We all have felt that way at one point or another. All our hard work seems to be for naught and we really feel like giving up. This episode really did put the “what if” out there about Keima’s true goal.

I don’t follow the manga yet, but when Keima came out of his room, I thought for a second he had been trying to find an “average” heroine in one of his games in order to get back on that horse. I guess I was wrong. This however has made the story that much more interesting. Can’t wait for next week.

• May 10, 2011 at 3:04 amPanda-kun

Good episode! I was a bit worried after the last two.

• May 10, 2011 at 3:09 amNanoNano

No Haqua…
    Oh well, Chihiro’s fine.

• May 10, 2011 at 4:14 amyahiko03

All of ya comments are killing me. What about Elsie? Did any of you forget about the main heroine girl in here? She is a main character after all. Why cant they provide more for her? Its sucks to see her always in the back pulling the strings and doesn’t shine at all. She is far from a demon, by having a soft and cute side. This really pains me to see that she is not the center of importance in the manga and anime.

I really dislike when a manga and anime is created and they make the main characters look plain and always in the back with no shining light on them for the story.

• May 10, 2011 at 6:49 amamado

she already did. last ep.
      she has lots more times than any of the girls had.

theres also last season, man. its time to let the others shine you know?

• May 11, 2011 at 6:14 amyahiko03

Give me a break, she has not shined enough to be a main character. Thank you very much. Obviously you don’t care much about her, since you said it so quick and just to get it out of the way. No one on this board has said anything regarding her except me and you, but the difference between me and you is that you did a quick” she had her shine” and just brushed her off. Even in season one, she was just plain and in the corner the entire time.

• May 11, 2011 at 6:53 amamado

thats her charm. its not that I dont care for her, its more like im more interested at certain girls(ayumi, kanon, and shiori). elsie has her charms, just not the kind of charms I would prefer over the other girls I said.
        she’s that clumsy, ditzy, can-be-helpful, and childish personality. but she also has some more seriousness in her, just overshadowed by her childish persona.

she’s still a main girl but if she is the main girl, it would be obvious she and keima will end up together in the end. the girls will also have less to shine if that happens so she has that image.

the fact that she is still there shows that she is a main character. otherwise she would just be like a messenger to keima, who reminds him from time to time to catch girls or he would die. she’s like a sidekick.

• May 10, 2011 at 4:20 amGP007

Can it be goddess timez?

• May 10, 2011 at 4:32 amRasone0104

spoilers man.

• May 10, 2011 at 4:34 amRasone0104

Good episode overall but I kinda feel dissapointed that they didnt fo the small Haqua chapter after her arc. The one whereShow Spoiler ▼

• May 10, 2011 at 5:08 amRichard

That can be shown afterwards

• May 10, 2011 at 5:48 amstarss

A Peanuts reference, of all things!

• May 10, 2011 at 9:26 amSolarguardian

This manga, and the anime, have a lot of Peanuts references in terms of art. Rewatch episode two and see how the kids laugh after LC tells them that all the girls in the world will be falling for Keima; that’s the Peanut’s classic laugh style. Even some of the characters reactions are somewhat reminiscent of the Peanuts comics. If I were to guess, I’d say the mangaka really likes the Peanuts or it’s influences him in his art.

• May 10, 2011 at 8:32 amRazgriz

This daunting task of his is literally going to kill him from the inside way before the collar can blow his head off. Yeah, nothing goes right when you strive hard in the real world. Nothing goes wrong when you strive hard in the gaming world. Yeah, some balanced life he lives in.

• May 10, 2011 at 5:55 pmbaka~

this is the capturing god’s burden after all. this becomes more evident when the anime reaches a certain conquest arc

• May 10, 2011 at 9:30 amShirt

I think those girls are trollin’ Keima. They know he looks hot. If he pocketed his PFP, and took a good hard stare at Chihiro, she’d be all over him. And just for the record? Takahara is WAY more attractive than Chihiro. They sure did pick the right girl to bring him back. Ayumi’s episode was what hooked us all in the first place!

After seeing Keima’s confidence get shut down like that, you really do see his mortality. However, once he overcomes this, will anyone be able to put him down again? Elsie..? perhaps.

[Edits]
    “..he was going to save her her.”
    “After such a strange turn of events, I felt really bad [for] Keima.”

x9

• May 10, 2011 at 11:10 amWilfriback

• May 10, 2011 at 11:44 amTakaii

• May 11, 2011 at 12:30 amKoroshiya

Don’t worry I ninjaed in my spoiler so no one can figure it out even without the tag.

• May 10, 2011 at 12:33 pmoutcast

where did the district chief go?

• May 12, 2011 at 10:04 am21JumpStreet

wherever her district is

Keima and Elsie have this one

• May 10, 2011 at 12:57 pmEuzio

LOL! When Elsie went “Nin-nin!”, i cracked up cuz it reminded me of a certain scene from Kaichou wa Maid-Sama (for those who’ve read the manga that is) :P

• May 10, 2011 at 1:15 pmRyougaZell

I cracked up when Keima turned into Snoopy. The Dragon Ball reference also made me laugh.

I’m glad to see Ayumi back. Show Spoiler ▼

. Now I just need Kanon back Show Spoiler ▼

• May 10, 2011 at 7:44 pmHagiri

3rd Season probably. Show Spoiler ▼

• May 10, 2011 at 10:21 pmamado

nah, probably 4th season. theres still a lot of girls before that will happen.

• May 10, 2011 at 8:06 pmOtaku_Brawler

Snoopy making an appearing in anime is awesome.
      I would so love to see the Peanuts stories done anime style. lol

• May 10, 2011 at 1:21 pmRyougaZell

BTW… for those of you familiar with the Kami Nomi zo Shiru Sekai Light Novel….

• May 10, 2011 at 2:46 pmNeo_NMO

Elsie ftw

• May 10, 2011 at 8:30 pmKelfistan

Nice ep

• May 10, 2011 at 8:32 pmGhost

O.O

• May 10, 2011 at 8:53 pmn0216332

i didnt remember what the first girl looks like, so when she reached out and helped him i was like…meh… now i read this.. im like…ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo..anywho….”After such a strange turn of events, I felt really bad Keima.” think u left ‘for’ out.

• May 11, 2011 at 9:14 ampedobear

Even if Ayumi doesn’t remember him, her heart does.

• May 11, 2011 at 12:25 pmLee

That woman that stepped on Keima when he was in cockroach form had to have been a cameo of some sort right? Can anyone tell me who that character was?

• May 11, 2011 at 5:13 pmJaden

Nikaido-sensei, his badass homeroom teacher.

• May 11, 2011 at 3:28 pmHrmmm

“when he had already decided that he was going to save her her.”
    Just incase you were testing the readers again. =P

You make Kami Nomi sound great every week xD. I guess I’ll give it another chance.

• May 12, 2011 at 9:00 pmricz

Hey I have a question will tsukiyo appear on this season?
    cause I saw her on the old trailer
    I’m confused cause on the trailer she’s there but on the OP/ED she’s not there