Denpa Onna to Seishun Otoko – 10 »« Denpa Onna to Seishun Otoko – 08

Denpa Onna to Seishun Otoko – 09

Denpa Onna to Seishun Otoko   09   01 Denpa Onna to Seishun Otoko   09   02 Denpa Onna to Seishun Otoko   09   03
Denpa Onna to Seishun Otoko   09   04 Denpa Onna to Seishun Otoko   09   05 Denpa Onna to Seishun Otoko   09   06
Denpa Onna to Seishun Otoko   09   07 Denpa Onna to Seishun Otoko   09   08 Denpa Onna to Seishun Otoko   09   09
Denpa Onna to Seishun Otoko   09   10 Denpa Onna to Seishun Otoko   09   11 Denpa Onna to Seishun Otoko   09   12
Denpa Onna to Seishun Otoko   09   13 Denpa Onna to Seishun Otoko   09   14 Denpa Onna to Seishun Otoko   09   15
Denpa Onna to Seishun Otoko   09   16 Denpa Onna to Seishun Otoko   09   17 Denpa Onna to Seishun Otoko   09   18
Denpa Onna to Seishun Otoko   09   19 Denpa Onna to Seishun Otoko   09   20 Denpa Onna to Seishun Otoko   09   21
Denpa Onna to Seishun Otoko   09   22 Denpa Onna to Seishun Otoko   09   23 Denpa Onna to Seishun Otoko   09   24
Denpa Onna to Seishun Otoko   09   25 Denpa Onna to Seishun Otoko   09   26 Denpa Onna to Seishun Otoko   09   27
Denpa Onna to Seishun Otoko   09   28 Denpa Onna to Seishun Otoko   09   29 Denpa Onna to Seishun Otoko   09   30
Denpa Onna to Seishun Otoko   09   31 Denpa Onna to Seishun Otoko   09   32 Denpa Onna to Seishun Otoko   09   33
Denpa Onna to Seishun Otoko   09   34 Denpa Onna to Seishun Otoko   09   35 Denpa Onna to Seishun Otoko   09   36
Denpa Onna to Seishun Otoko   09   37 Denpa Onna to Seishun Otoko   09   38 Denpa Onna to Seishun Otoko   09   39

「地域限定宇宙人事件」 (Chiiki Gentei Uchūjin Jiken)
“Region Limited Alien Incident”

What in the world is wrong with Niwa Makoto? I can hardly see the point of the incessant, not to mention glaringly obvious, flirting shooting his way from Ryuushi when he doesn’t bother to respond other than blushing and adding some points to his scorecard. She’s totally friend-zoned. Why the hell would he have no inclination of going anywhere farther with her when it’s so obvious she likes him? Because he has such a hard-on for his cousin? It’s not cool to play around with a girl’s feelings Niwa, so just reject the girl if you don’t have an interest, because this whole deal is going nowhere. Anyway, excuse the irritation.

Presumably a new arc focusing around the spacesuit girl, which is the white-haired girl from the opening, a torrent of new characters comes along for the ride, complicating the web of relationships just a bit. A little tidbit about the town being separated into two, the conservative and the modern, shows that they apparently have conflicts with each other, in which they settle with baseball. And why baseball? I’ve recently been questioning why Japan likes baseball as much as they do, so I tried googling for some answers. No simple explanation seemed to pop up, so I’m going to leave that a mystery you can solve. And why don’t we structure cities around rivers exactly the way like apparently all anime cities do? Because I know there’s people dying to enact their favorite scenes over bridges and underpasses, right? They can jump off a bridge like Taiga and profess love and sweet nothings, or walk by the riverside on a concrete paved hill on their way home from school, or take a running jump off said hill in an attempt to leap through time, right? But I digress.

Yes, Hanazawa is played by Hanazawa Kana to get the obvious joke out of the way, and is one of the torrent of new characters introduced with at least some lines. Kana’s choice of voice for this character is quite new to me, but fits the sports girl archetype to a tee. She’s like Maekawa’s clone, except without the eccentricities like wearing a fish suit (or so we think). Luckily to inject some flavor into Niwa and Ryuushi’s absent relationship, Nakajima-kun is introduced as a basketball comrade, who is apparently also playing baseball…? Confusion aside, it appears to create a one-way love triangle (basically a line). Maekawa’s dad is surprisingly protective given Maekawa’s personality, and perhaps owns the shop she works in. Then there’s the shrine girl on a moped, friends with Ryuushi, and owns what Maekawa wants. With slight sarcasm, the plot thickens in ways I couldn’t possibly guess.

I didn’t even realize Touwa’s speech was mimickable, or even that much different, but after Niwa pointed it out, she does pause her breath a lot. Thanks to girl in a spacesuit, voiced by Iguchi Yuka (Index), I am now amazed to hear two Erio-like speech impediments. The thing is, the way Erio talks is cute for some reason, so that baffles me a bit. I’ve been trying to figure out why, but to no avail. It should prove some lulz to see how two Erio-types interact with each other. Maybe massive levels of heart clutching. Three episodes left.

June 12, 2011 at 1:04 am
  • June 12, 2011 at 1:11 ameuler271

first, this episode was just awesome

• June 12, 2011 at 1:16 amTrombe

Meh

• June 12, 2011 at 1:20 amcybersteel

Another weirdo just popped up. After hearing her voice I suddenly imagine the space suit girl and Erio playing tug-of-war with Niwa as the rope.

• June 12, 2011 at 1:45 amEliteF22

Yea tug-of-war and the new girl probably ends up related to him to lol. Can just see him ending up with a bad case of blue balls at the end.

• June 12, 2011 at 2:00 amHrmmm

@EliteF22

Erio’s Dad had WHITE HAIR.

Erio’s Dad was INTO ALIENS.

Space-suit chick HAS WHITE HAIR and is ALSO INTO ALIEN’S.

IT ALL MAKES SENSE (ಠ. ಠ )

inb4 love triangle involving stepsisters and cousins.

• June 12, 2011 at 2:06 pmVelcro

Actually, Erio’s dad had light blue hair just like Erio’s, but I actually wouldn’t be surprised if they were related. Space-suit girl, Erio, and Meme do look the same, as we’ve seen from the opening.

• June 12, 2011 at 1:43 amNekore44

I fail to see where this Anime is trying to go. And, if it only has 3 episodes left, I can’t imagine too grand of a finale. I hope this doesn’t turn out to be one of those shows that solve nothing by the end. I’ve seen way too many Anime like that.

Plus, I would have to agree on Erio’s speech pattern, It’s so unreasonably adorable nya!
    =^.^=

• June 12, 2011 at 1:50 am1Lau

The soundtrack and cuteness makes it all up

• June 12, 2011 at 2:18 amxcswmboy

Who cares about relationships and plots…it’s all about the sparkles and seishun point events.

• June 12, 2011 at 2:26 amKiiragi

Several paragraphs of HNNNNNNNNNNNG would not cut it on RC, sadly.

• June 12, 2011 at 2:31 amedru

Unless you’re Takaii(no offense intended).
        There was a comment who said that once.

• June 12, 2011 at 1:57 pmxcswmboy

Kiiragi, great idea. For next episode’s blog just type HNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNG for like 2 paragraphs and I’m sure we’ll understand your gist. =P

• June 14, 2011 at 8:37 amInvisibleZombie

Hey it’s not just about that, I quite enjoy the plot and the character develo-…..ohhhhhh…sparkly, so shiny must touch… @_@

• June 12, 2011 at 2:36 amamado

im also getting a bit irritated at makoto. sure knowing that she has a crush on you would have an effect but this isnt how harem leads are supposed to go. even if he hasnt chosen yet, blushing isnt really supposed to come that easy.

that aside, I love how erio still uses the futon. she looks cute in and out of it.

• June 12, 2011 at 2:39 amcybersteel

remember that OTHER Makoto. It didn’t end up to well for him in the end did he?

• June 12, 2011 at 4:38 amvirox

Okay, that made me laugh.
        Anyway, I’m kind of glad that he hasn’t chosen (Ryuushi) yet, as she annoys me to no end with her attitude of a 5 year old. That said, all the girls aren’t quite normal, but her acting purposely retarded is just bothersome. Her jealousy doesn’t appeal to me either.
        On the other hand, I’m glad that there is some development regarding Erio and Maekawa, as they are both far more likeable in my eyes. The scene with Erio humming the song was extremly adoreable, and it is easy to say that she likes her cousin in some way, and she made him blush a few times this episode, too.

I’m not sure where Maekawa comes into this, as she appears to be supporting Ryuushi, but I’m sure she has some hidden interests too.

Anyway, it looks like the plot somehow develops, since there have been a couple of hints in this episode: The astronaut girl says, Erio looks like a creature from another planet, Erio saw something in the sky, stuff like this. I’m looking forward to more.

On a sidenote, I think SHAFT’s whole budget for the year went into this scene.

• June 12, 2011 at 8:05 amKarmafan

I like Ryuushi’s character. She is pretty and her character is quirky and funny.

• June 12, 2011 at 6:58 pmShirt

THANK you, Karma. I find her adorable and refreshing as she’s always active in some way or form. She’s much prettier than Erio and bests her in all kinds of appeal. How do you people hnnnggg to Ohana so much but not Ryuuko xD

• June 12, 2011 at 9:11 pmamado

the diff between ryuushi and ohana is that ohana is sincere and honest whereas ryuushi seems to only act like that around makoto. not to mention what she does in the previous eps dont really put her in good light(subtly trying to get makoto away from erio due to likely being talked badly for instance).

• June 13, 2011 at 2:43 pmKarmafan

Why shouldn’t she be jealous and guarding of the guy she likes? She is a teenager and isn’t that how kids act in the real world?

One thing I will say about this series is that the characters are some of the best drawn characters I have ever seen in animes. Erio, Meme, and Ryuushi are just beautiful. They all have great smiles too that light up their face when they smile.

• June 12, 2011 at 3:32 amKerensa

Does anyone know what that thing is called that is in the girl’s room that looks like it shines pretty stars all over the walls? :)

• June 12, 2011 at 12:57 pmNekore44

Google search “Star Projection Lamp.” There are several different types…

=^.^=

• June 18, 2011 at 4:23 amKerensa

Now to find out where to buy one in Japan. :)

• June 12, 2011 at 7:00 pmShirt

You can actually make one with home supplies. :]

• June 12, 2011 at 3:35 amGhostalker

I will give thumbs up for this episode. So the people of the town simple love anything from aliens to espers, haha. I hope some time traveler shows up, that would make it more interesting. Also for Makoto, I’m actually rooting for Maekawa, dunno, Ryuuko is cute and all and is going all out in expressing her like to Makoto, but I like Maekawa more.

• June 12, 2011 at 3:44 amamado

if they add time traveler, it would become the melancholy of haruhi suzumiya(minus a god… or not?).
      makoto’s monologue even sounded similar to kyon’s.

• June 12, 2011 at 5:09 amDyne

:> was the cutest scene for me along with “Baseball. Yes, Baseball…Baaaaaasebaaaaaaall…”

Hanazawa-san is hot with those tan lines + Hanazawa voicing her = <3

• June 12, 2011 at 5:14 amhaitechan

This episode made me realize that I really can’t stand Ryuushi. Her cutesy/jealousy act gets on my nerves every time. Does really anybody find her to be cute? If she likes the damn guy (who is a blockhead), she should be more direct instead of beating the bush like that. I can’t stand girls who act cute just for getting the guy instead of being themselves. /RANT

Anyway, seems that another weirdo appeared. If we take the OP as reference, she has light hair, just like Elliot and seems to be an alien/alien freak so maybe that’s a hint. Also, that black-haired girl probably will get added to the harem too, just as space-suit girl.

• June 12, 2011 at 5:21 amvirox

I can’t stand her either.
      I’m not a fan of this character archetype anyway, but she brings it to a new level.

• June 12, 2011 at 5:30 amamado

id probably like her character if she was a yandere.
      purposely cute but psychotic inside. unfortunately, ryuushi isnt so not on my good side.

• June 12, 2011 at 10:28 amsealouse

Don’t forget that one scene in a previous episode when Niwa was patting Erio’s head and Ryuushi was holding the knife and lowering it when he went to pat her head.

• June 12, 2011 at 5:36 amSpoilerMaker

“I can’t stand girls who act cute just for getting the guy instead of being themselves. /RANT”
      Do you really have such a wide choice of girls to express your ultimate opinion in such a way ? ;-)

• June 12, 2011 at 3:02 pmhaitechan

Yeah, I was just ranting but you have a point there xD

• June 12, 2011 at 5:52 amTopboy

Tell you the truth, episode 5-8 are suck badly (where is the plot & objective for these episodes) but it’s ok cause this episode is rock one.Erio is so moe.

• June 12, 2011 at 6:13 amSeishun Otoko

• June 12, 2011 at 6:59 amHagiri

3 eps left? season 2?

• June 12, 2011 at 7:03 amCroos

D:
    She came out of nowhere.

• June 12, 2011 at 7:29 amtomphile

Oh no…. I have a feeling that she might be related to Elliot.

• June 12, 2011 at 8:37 amCroos

Kiiragi, I think Niwa is turning into a Denpa Otoko

• June 12, 2011 at 9:04 amboo

This whole thing between Ryuushi and him is the setup for whats to come. If they include whats in the book, watch out for a major WTF!?!

• June 12, 2011 at 10:24 amvirox

Please elaborate in spoiler tags

• June 12, 2011 at 10:29 amsealouse

Seriously is this gonna get a second season?

• June 12, 2011 at 2:15 pmMrBrownSound

lol I had a smile all through this episode.

• June 13, 2011 at 3:23 pmjabberwocky

Yeah, stupid smile never left my face as I watched the series. Great episode.

• June 12, 2011 at 2:20 pmTriangle MAN

• June 12, 2011 at 4:41 pmTofu

I think I kinda know how you feel Kiiragi towards Makoto-kun. He’s playing around with everyone for the hope of gaining points on his adolescent chart. I just hope he doesn’t do anything like Makoto from School Days… Luckily the girls aren’t named Katsura and Saionji too. Of course, I’m sure this won’t happen unless we get TROLOLOLOLO~ “OTL

Baseball’s awesome man! Have you seen Moshidora? ;D

Selamat Malam!

• June 12, 2011 at 6:52 pmShirt

So frustrating! UGH!!!!!! I hate how he’s not diving into Ryuuko’s skirt when she’s so obvious. Dx

I don’t know why I’m watching this show. Definitely not for Erio. :|
    If Ryuuko doesn’t get some KissxSis style lovin’, I’m gonna end up hating this show.

• June 12, 2011 at 8:00 pmShinmarizu

The rate Makoto’s going, he’ll be a celibate monk at some random temple.
    Damn you Makoto.

In other news, damn that moped girl is cute. You can tell I’m watching this show for the girls. /obvious

• June 12, 2011 at 8:59 pmrasone0104

erio was just way too cute in this ep…

• June 12, 2011 at 9:31 pmLectro Volpi

You’ll never have your city around rivers :sadfrog:

Makoto suddenly started acting as the “dense harem lead”. First talking about living his youth and looking for girls and now he just watch.

Too many cute characters introduced (girls only), does not compute!

• June 12, 2011 at 11:06 pmLazy Ranma

> And why don’t we structure cities around rivers exactly the way like apparently all anime cities do?
    London is on the river Thames.
    Paris is on the river Seine.
    Rome is on the river Tiber.
    Moscow is on the river Moskva.
    St. Petersburg is situated on islands of the river Neva, and has 342 bridges.
    And so on.

Rivers were important way of communication, and many towns are built around rivers.

• June 13, 2011 at 12:51 amKiiragi

I meant more like, “And why don’t we structure MORE cities/suburbs around rivers exactly the way like apparently all anime cities do?”
      In a joking way, you know, poking fun at otakus? ..which went over your head apparently. :/

• June 13, 2011 at 3:21 pmjabberwocky

Что ж вы великую русскую реку Волгу не вспомнили? :) На ней городов стоит больше чем в Питере мостов.

• June 13, 2011 at 11:25 pmLectro Volpi

What he/she said.

• June 14, 2011 at 2:52 amPuffyPrincess

I wholeheartedly agree with the first paragraph. Seriously Makoto, you have the hots for your cousin, so just tell Ryuushi already! I’m sick of all her moe flirt, it just annoys me now. All she is right now is annoying moe that hates my poor touwa and I’m tired of it!

• June 14, 2011 at 4:09 amblaxxuns

Seriously, what is up with that dress of hers…

• June 15, 2011 at 7:24 pmKhanaris

It isn’t really anime cities. That is just how most cities in Japan are actually laid out. Cities need large expanses of relatively flat land to expand into, and Japan’s geology is such that that is usually only possible along major rivers or along the coast.