A-Channel – 12 (END) »« A-Channel 10

A Channel   11   16 A Channel   11   17 A Channel   11   18
A Channel   11   19 A Channel   11   20 A Channel   11   21
A Channel   11   22 A Channel   11   23 A Channel   11   24
A Channel   11   25 A Channel   11   26 A Channel   11   27
A Channel   11   28 A Channel   11   29 A Channel   11   30
A Channel   11   31 A Channel   11   32 A Channel   11   33

「たんじょうび – Allow Me」 (Tanjyoubi)
“Birthday – Allow Me”

Back in High School, I remember that all my friends were a grade higher than me. In an Azusa-like situation, I can’t help but feel really bad for Tooru as she tries to figure out just exactly how to control those emotions of hers. But even as much as I don’t want to compare A-Channel with K-On, wouldn’t Tooru be what you’d get if you combined Azusa and Ui? At the same time, even with a spunky attitude like Azusa and an insane amount of love for someone like Ui, it’s still nice that she doesn’t feel like either of them. And for you K-ON fans, did you get flashbacks of Azusa helping Yui with the guitar when Tooru was teaching Run?

In an unexpected turn, who would have thought that Run’s mom would be such a fiery character? With all the side characters thus far, it’s impressive just how unimpressive they haven’t been (double negative!). That instant change that her mom had when she heard Run had Tooru’s future in her hands was just too funny. Especially when it came down to figuring out how to bribe Run into actually studying — remember that forcing someone like this to study is really hard, so why not just cater to their wants? Especially when they end up doing exactly what you want them to do and more!

I can’t believe that even before Run had met Yuuko she was already causing her some sort of pain. But now that the show has made some references to it, I wonder how Run actually became friends with Yuuko and Nagi. With a personality that normally only a best friend like Tooru could deal with, it still amazes me what Yuuko and Nagi are still standing beside her. All I’m going say is that if I got a cake full of wasabi, I wouldn’t be a happy camper.

As the episode came to a close, I was really feeling something inside of my chest. With the idea of having friends older then you already planted inside of my head from earlier, it felt like they had just instantly sprouted into tree and exploded out of my head. It really is a bit sad when you take a second to think about it. The thought of losing all of your friends and going through school alone (in Tooru’s case alone, again) just isn’t fun. I’m really doubtful on whether this topic will be explored further with the season just about to end, but I’m glad that what was shown was done well. On that note, it looks like Miho and Yutaka will finally be appearing for more then three seconds next week!

INS10: 「きっと ずっと もっと」 by トオル (Tooru)
Watch the 10th INS: Streaming ▼

A Channel   11   Preview 01 A Channel   11   Preview 02 A Channel   11   Preview 03
June 18, 2011 at 2:21 pm
  • June 18, 2011 at 2:57 pmbear

Actually, Yui had a situation where if she didn’t pass her exams she would have been barred from after school clubs and they had to get her to pass or the club would have been disbanded for lack of four members (this was before Azusa)

Yuuko is very shy and from out of town. Run was the first girl to act friendly towards her (after attacking her ;)) so I can see why she became friends with her. Nagi?

What I want to know is how Run and Tooru met and became friends in the first place. Tooru is definitely head over heels in love and there must have been an interesting event when they first got together.

Run’s mom was awesome. Talk about a parent understanding her child and even her best friend.

Hopefully she’ll open up to Miho and Yutaka a little more after the girls leave. You wonder how she dealt with her last year of middle school.

• June 18, 2011 at 3:48 pmbanzemanga

I have to say that the voice actress who is acting Tooru has done an awesome job. Tooru is such a complex personality and unique. Tomboyish with a feminine complex. Mature yet childish. Silent but active.

• June 18, 2011 at 4:00 pmDjisas

The same VA that did Madoka or Victorica, does that ring a bell??
      Aoi Yuki, always doing a great job…

• June 18, 2011 at 4:27 pmSpencer

I loved this episode but I got really sick and tired of the splitting up metaphors at the end. But all in all it was a really good episode. I had to stop the episode when Tooru said what present she wanted from Yukko. Show Spoiler ▼

• June 18, 2011 at 5:00 pmKarmafan

Run’s mom is awesome.

I don’t for a second think Tooru’s love for Run is anything sexual. I bet Tooru is an only child and she latched on to Run at a very early age (possibly preschool) because Run was kind to her and they have been best friends ever since.

Just like Azusa had to find her own friends for after the girls graduated (Ui and the other girl who’s name I forget) Tooru will end up friends with Miho and Yutaka.

• June 18, 2011 at 9:09 pmamado

actually they only met in elementary(according to the subs I saw).

maybe next ep will show how they met each other.

• June 19, 2011 at 6:19 amKarmafan

That screen capture 4th from the bottom on the left clearly shows Tooru as a very small child. I took that to mean she was 4 or 5 years old when they met.

• June 19, 2011 at 6:50 amBass.EXE

Yeah, that screencap is when Run starts telling a story about Tooru always following her as a baby….but then Tooru says “what are you talking about?” and Run says it was in a dream she had the other night. And then floating text appears that says they met in elementary school

• June 18, 2011 at 7:54 pmSparvid

Haha, I didn’t notice until now that she put the book on the clothes hanger!

“Tokyo is a scary place!”
    For some reason, knowing that she’s quite relatively new in town only makes Yuuko’s Kansai even cuter.

• June 18, 2011 at 8:09 pmZaku Fan

Tooru needs to look on the bright sider. Her need to play catchup to Run only needs to last until university!

• June 18, 2011 at 9:39 pmSerapita

Now I wonder what Run’s mom will use as a bait for Run to study for the better-grade university out there…

• June 18, 2011 at 9:59 pmShirt

lol

Watching the graduation of your best friends is a great thing. But the year without them is indeed pretty lonely. I keep hoping that for some reason, she’ll skip a grade due to her impeccable knowledge. *fingers crossed*

Run’s friendship with Yuuko was probably somehow trauma related. Nagi on the other hand, can be anything. Nagi has such a down-to-earth personality. (like, Tooru. <3) I'd gamble on it being weather related or perhaps a situation involving Nagi's hairstyle when it wasn't tied up into pigtails.

• June 18, 2011 at 10:46 pmKinny Riddle

Poor Tohru.

Perhaps it is just as well Run, Yuuko and Nagi are still in their 2nd year, that’ll create even more character development, so as to better build up for the eventual tearful Azu-nyan style bawling ending as Tohru watches her beloved seniors graduate once season 2 does get made.

• June 19, 2011 at 12:05 amfeal87

Looking forward the future of this series. I’ll likely pick up the manga as well to be able to continue on the storyline. (I’m a Tooru addicted :P)

• June 19, 2011 at 2:53 amSeishun Otoko

Ahhhh… Tohru’s playing with boobies again
    That’s A Channel as I know it
    +5 seishun points

• June 19, 2011 at 12:34 pmFencedude

Of course she’s fiery! She’s Excellen!