Denpa Onna to Seishun Otoko – 11, 12 (END) »« Denpa Onna to Seishun Otoko – 09

Denpa Onna to Seishun Otoko – 10

Denpa Onna to Seishun Otoko   10   01 Denpa Onna to Seishun Otoko   10   02 Denpa Onna to Seishun Otoko   10   03
Denpa Onna to Seishun Otoko   10   04 Denpa Onna to Seishun Otoko   10   05 Denpa Onna to Seishun Otoko   10   06
Denpa Onna to Seishun Otoko   10   07 Denpa Onna to Seishun Otoko   10   08 Denpa Onna to Seishun Otoko   10   09
Denpa Onna to Seishun Otoko   10   10 Denpa Onna to Seishun Otoko   10   11 Denpa Onna to Seishun Otoko   10   12
Denpa Onna to Seishun Otoko   10   13 Denpa Onna to Seishun Otoko   10   14 Denpa Onna to Seishun Otoko   10   15
Denpa Onna to Seishun Otoko   10   16 Denpa Onna to Seishun Otoko   10   17 Denpa Onna to Seishun Otoko   10   18
Denpa Onna to Seishun Otoko   10   19 Denpa Onna to Seishun Otoko   10   20 Denpa Onna to Seishun Otoko   10   21
Denpa Onna to Seishun Otoko   10   22 Denpa Onna to Seishun Otoko   10   23 Denpa Onna to Seishun Otoko   10   24
Denpa Onna to Seishun Otoko   10   25 Denpa Onna to Seishun Otoko   10   26 Denpa Onna to Seishun Otoko   10   27

「軒下少女」 (Nokishita Shōjo)
“Overhanging Deck Girl”

I’ve never felt much of a connection with any of the characters other than based by looks due to lack of followup in their developments, and therefore never much enjoyed their scenes. But Erio, I had a little soft spot for her. No more annoying traits, her attempting to improve her problems, and generally being a positive person did her wonders. Erio’s increasing closeness to the Cousin became quite obvious this episode, and it was surprisingly fun seeing it.

I like whited haired characters. Not sure why. Rather than a sign of old age, it feels like purity. Generally they also have an air of mysteriousness and an appearance of hidden intelligence. Yorda from Ico is definitely one of them. Yashiro the space girl, not so much the latter (though her pocket philosophies on existing due to believing may say otherwise). A cheeky little brat that does meet the weirdness to fit in the rest of the cast, but unlike the others, may actually be a supernatural being. Her running away from home is definitely her flaw to name, and given how the arcs have come so far, the point of her and the rest of everything happening won’t be clear until the end. Did I get a kick out of Yashiro’s antics? A bit, though it felt like it went a little too long.

No episode next week. They pushed it to what seems to be a double episode finale, which will occur the week after. Ryuushi makes the remark that the winner of the last baseball game will decide whether the city or the town will run the festival, and I’m sure there’s some conflict going on there to affect all the characters recently introduced. Will Elliot make a surprise reappearance? Will Ryuushi finally confess despite already hitting Niwa over in the head with hints already? Will Maekawa somehow need to deal with her father owning conflicting shops? Will Erio finally be important to the story again? Will it change my mind about this show? Probably not.

June 19, 2011 at 3:37 am
  • June 19, 2011 at 3:53 amPandAEmic

Yea, I totally agree with this post 100%. In the beggining they hooked you with Erio’s amnesia and it left me wanting to know what happened to her, but as the episodes progressed it just got left in the dark. True Erio got better but I still want to know what happened to her and such. I started losing interest in this show because of their neglect of Erio’s back story. They made such a big fuss about it in the beggining and now its nowhere to be seen.

• June 20, 2011 at 8:31 amvirox

That is probably because this show is an adaption of a light novel with 8 volumes, and Shaft’s short 12 episode anime only covers volume 1-3. I don’t see the point either. Maybe they just wanted to do that series to show off their ability to make girls sparkle, like they did in Memories/Melodies, but I still hope for a second season.

• June 19, 2011 at 3:58 amCorn

Was it just me that was bothered by this episode but right after Mokoto sees Yashiro at the breakfast table and he and Meme steps out into the corridor, Meme can be seen walking away from him but her feet are on the same spot despite it moving. Was it just me who noticed that? XD

Other than that good episode. I liked the old, weird Erio. This new one is too innocent and kind for my taste haha. After all, this is anime, you might as well enjoy personality and characteristics you would never appreciate in real-life.

I found Ryuushi getting rejected by that boy at interesting thing to know about. I wonder if he will play part in the story later as a major role (I doubt it but I can dream) and I wanna see Elliott!

• June 19, 2011 at 1:59 pmpimpl

there are lots of SHAFT scenes/shows where people are walking but not moving… in the first episode there’s an obvious one too. lol. Especially SZS haha.

• June 19, 2011 at 6:18 pmmtle

Didn’t ryuushi reject him instead?

• June 19, 2011 at 6:57 pmamado

thats what I also think so.

• June 19, 2011 at 4:05 amamado

yashiro’s antics were enjoyable to me. she’s similar to erio before but also diff in that she’s a bit more haughty but still remains cute.
    I kinda wonder if maybe she’s related to them since even meme said she reminds her of elliot but doesnt seem likely now.
    I love both erio, the one who believed in aliens and the one who’s trying to become normal. also how some habits still remain like her futon, which makes her cute as well.

• June 19, 2011 at 4:24 amTehJawknee

There seems to be a lot of lackluster season closings coming up. I don’t see this one as such since it is possibly aiming for a second season. The episode itself made me wonder why wait until the last couple of episodes to introduce what seems to be a major character, but it never hurts… for the most part.

• June 19, 2011 at 4:26 amLectro Volpi

9 episodes explaining this and that about the aliens and suddenly a white haired girl launches a bunch of water over Niwa´s head. WERE PLAYING THOSE MIND GAMES TOGETHER. Well, no one on that city was sane after all. Hahahaha! feels like building a tall Jenga tower and then *puff*

• June 19, 2011 at 4:53 amKTNO

I don’t really care about Erio’s amnesia for now; I’ve started to like the show as soon as they give up the “main story background”.
    It’s just nice to let things happened without asking yourself “Why this” or “Why that”.

We will get answers later, for now let’s just appreciate the “cute” part of Denpa onna to seishin otoko.

• June 19, 2011 at 5:21 amMaximilian

When I saw Meme acting tsundere about Yashiro’s pick-up, I thought “Meme sure knows her memes” orz.

• June 19, 2011 at 5:47 amDan

Spewing blood.

• June 19, 2011 at 5:49 amcybersteel

Is she really supernatural? I figure she’d splashed Niwa with water using her helmet.

• June 19, 2011 at 6:14 amKarmafan

That was alot of water. It looked like gallons. Can’t believe that torrent came from 1 helmet of water. Its looking more and more like there will be a seond season. All the complaints folks have had about the story and direction are valid points and yet I STILL like this series. If they are planning a second season then that would explian the pacing and a lack of bringing all the threads together. But tell us so, otherwise we think a trainwreck finale is on the horizon.

• June 20, 2011 at 2:26 amSpoilerMaker

Another option is that just the helmet itself is supernatural and in some way can contain gallons of water.

• June 20, 2011 at 2:56 am1Lau

• June 19, 2011 at 7:18 amlkaze

This show is just all about moe , erio amnesia seem to be thrown out of the window pretty fast. But to be honest i kinda like it especially ryuushi[ko] talking with mako this episode. I don’t really want this to end, wish they continue it since it seem like alot of other character still haven’t been introduced.

• June 19, 2011 at 7:58 amLeticia

I like this show. The white-haired girl is really cute, even cuter than Erio I’d say, but I have a thing for characters with white hair <3 So I'm really looking forward to the final episodes, and I'm guessing there'll be a second season, because there're still a lot of unanswered questions…

• June 19, 2011 at 8:30 amQB

How about Yashiro is Elliot’s child from another woman that makes Erio and Yashiro siblings.

• June 19, 2011 at 10:25 amCroos

I don’t know what to say anymore. Seriously.

• June 19, 2011 at 10:36 amDjale

The animation of this series is hilarious.. in a negative way.

• June 19, 2011 at 5:58 pm0927123

I guess the animation got ‘Shafted’ again. Animation budget went to all the sparkling that we see lol

• June 19, 2011 at 12:00 pmgawrshness

dude Yashiro really has supernatural powers…that was definitely an expected twist. Either that or she used some trick off screen, I prefer the former though because the twist was a very nice touch to what appeared to be a rather normal show

• June 19, 2011 at 12:56 pmAndré

I didn’t really care about Erio’s past. Actually, I’ve forgotten about it. LOL. I’m more interested on the harem aspect of the show.

• June 19, 2011 at 1:42 pmAmaterasu65

Best episode so far!
    I really like Yashiro, she’s my favorite anime character ever.

• June 19, 2011 at 2:22 pmSeishun Otoko

So Yashiro the space girl does have supernatural powers? That’s an interesting turn of events
    I’m not exactly a fan of white hair characters but I do like her spunky attitude :D

• June 19, 2011 at 2:31 pmGoodStuff

The breakfast scene when Meme and Yashiro were laughing was just hilarious. Love this series, gives me plenty of laughs and fun characters.

• June 19, 2011 at 2:35 pmHalfDemonInuyasha

I also liked Erio’s Futonic Charge Attack!!!! XD

• June 19, 2011 at 6:38 pmLakersfan

• June 20, 2011 at 12:52 amTofu

Guess what Kiiragi, now I can probe YOUR secrets since I haven’t published mine yet ;D

• June 20, 2011 at 1:26 amKiiragi

Later than me? Hard to do.

• June 21, 2011 at 12:12 amTofu

What you on about it’s hard to be later than you :P I had exams so I’ve delayed it for a week

bte if you’d like Kiiragi, do you have msn? wanna chat? ;D

• June 21, 2011 at 12:37 amKiiragi

Uh, go on #randomc and ask.

• June 21, 2011 at 3:59 amTofu

Hmm.. for some reason it’s not letting me and when I click on the client thingy, it says there’s an error :\ If you want it discrete you can always send an email to my email Kiiragi ^^

• June 21, 2011 at 5:04 amKiiragi

Try as I might, I could not find the email..

• June 22, 2011 at 4:22 amTofu

Really? That’s strange… anyways I’ll give you mine then: azntofuboy(at)live(dot)com ;D

• June 20, 2011 at 12:22 pmYggdrasill

Did anyone else get a haruhi-feeling when she stands in the pool looking at him? I just love that scene, made her my favorite in this show. Then again, it doesn’t take much to impress me ;D

• June 24, 2011 at 11:04 amKapwan

I love how funny the family photo in the background looks. Wondering when they would have taken the time to take that. http://randomc.net/image/Denpa%20Onna%20to%20Seishun%20Otoko/Denpa%20Onna%20to%20Seishun%20Otoko%20-%2010%20-%20Large%2014.jpg