Steins;Gate – 13 »« Steins;Gate – 11

Steins Gate   12   19 Steins Gate   12   20 Steins Gate   12   21
Steins Gate   12   22 Steins Gate   12   23 Steins Gate   12   24
Steins Gate   12   25 Steins Gate   12   26 Steins Gate   12   27
Steins Gate   12   28 Steins Gate   12   29 Steins Gate   12   30
Steins Gate   12   31 Steins Gate   12   32 Steins Gate   12   33
Steins Gate   12   34 Steins Gate   12   35 Steins Gate   12   36

「静止限界のドグマ」 (Seishi Genkai no Doguma)
“Dogma of the Static Limit”

Fate is a cruel mistress, but does fate really exist in Steins;Gate’s world? Perhaps, or I may be confusing it with simply foreshadowing in the several dialogues that raised the death flag. It was made to seem as if the first scene in the hourglass seventy million years ago was seen by Okarin of the present, but I believe it’s a scene from the future. Regardless, Okarin’s finally cracked from being scared of the consequences, and despite the time leap machine being created, his mad scientist persona isn’t strong enough to overcome his worries of Mayuri and the experiments themselves. All I could think of at this point was that he shouldn’t have kept SERN’s text threats concealed.

Despite being such a shift in plot movement overall, much of this episode was still dedicated to more of the same goofball interactions between members. Okarin and Makise are getting alarmingly close that even Okarin’s blushing in their little flirts. It’s a weird feeling since I believe Suzuha’s correct on Makise eventually becoming a SERN spy, and that she’ll essentially be a loved character turned bad, but it would make her into such a great character. Actually, due to Moeka being revealed as the potential “lead” behind SERN’s actions, and that her orders were to take them in, I’m speculating that Makise may spy against her will (or maybe brainwashed).

Mayuri’s death was done well. It wasn’t just the screenplay or the sound engineering that was excellent in playing the strings of your emotions, but the almost eerie words of Mayuri beforehand basically proclaiming that she is no longer needed. In a series about time travel, and the subtle essence of what exactly details to be existent, Mayuri becomes an embodiment of the question, “am I of value when my purpose is gone?” What’s interesting is that it could be interpreted as a typical writing predicament. We don’t need Mayuri anymore, so let’s write her off the show kind of deal. But Mayuri is so much more, labeled as the pure with her unaffected view of the lab, and a great deal of background left only to be implied. She’s truly an enigma. Makise’s remarks about her pure view of the lab must not be taken at surface value. Her appearance in Okarin’s shift back in episode one, and the words she spoke in this episode’s first scene suggests she may be of a being even more above time than Okarin is. Even without the fact that the cast will be time traveling again to save Mayuri (because Okarin is nothing without his Tutturu’s), Mayuri’s death is still great because it’s isolated so well. The purposeless girl finally served her purpose. She’s the catalyst to propel Okarin to the ends of all time.

Of course, interpretations in this show, even Mayuri’s demise, is as fleeting as it comes. Moeka’s involvement with SERN wasn’t unexpected, but her decisions are obviously calculated (for FB). It all means something, and I can’t wait to find out what it is. The paradigm has shifted. It’s a whole new ballpark now. Just what I’ve been waiting for…

June 22, 2011 at 2:52 am
  • June 22, 2011 at 2:56 amMDvn

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO TUTURU!!!!!!!!! I mean MAYURI!!!!!!!!!

My guess that after this Okabe will go back to the past.

• June 22, 2011 at 3:02 amewok40k

I feel like watching Madoka again… THE wham! episodeof the season?
    WHY IT HAD TO BE MAYUSHI?????
    BURN IN HELL, SHINING FINGER!

• June 22, 2011 at 3:04 amGorillafunk

definately episode of the season!!

• June 22, 2011 at 3:04 amgecd

after 12 episodes of building up
    now mayuri is not needed
    bye~

• June 22, 2011 at 5:47 amKarmafan

The bad guys were only interested in those with skills. Our girl was the alturistic glue that holds all of them together but had no technical skills per se.

• June 22, 2011 at 8:50 amxcswmboy

What about the Bananas!!?? The Gel-Bananas were crucial to the experiments!!

• June 22, 2011 at 10:11 pmlkaze

What about Tutturu?

• June 24, 2011 at 1:39 pmchaos

No more tuturu

• June 22, 2011 at 3:06 amoli

yeh i agree, i think Okabe will defiantly travel back in time and save Mayuri, but what will happen then, would he get killed for jumping in the way or some thing like that?

• June 22, 2011 at 9:21 amchaos

Well, he has to. It is time travel series. Plus, there was no purpose in the beginning for his experiment. He merely did it out of boredom and fun. Now that Mayuri is dead, he is given a purpose to use his power and knowledge for a greater cause. SERN is going down…

• June 22, 2011 at 3:21 amsadakups

No more tuturu for you.

• June 22, 2011 at 3:33 amfragb85

Yeah no more Mayuri. Its too bad the story doesn’t involve time travel and changing the past. Oh wait…

• June 22, 2011 at 8:09 amAllSeeingEye

I See what you did there.

• June 22, 2011 at 9:22 amchaos

Yeah, sarcasm and irony are funny things…

• June 22, 2011 at 3:31 amfragb85

More cute OkabexMakise moments were cute.

Then the shit gets real. Also Moeka as the SERN spy, I totally called it. She was always suspicious.

• June 22, 2011 at 3:36 amKansokusha

Tuturu finally kicked the bucket. But they shouldn’t of ended the episode with her death. The climax is just steps away. Instead they seperate it and put it in the next episode…

Moeka is so damn hot in that outfit. >///<

Anyways, we got the preview for episode 13.

Metaphysics Necrosis

• June 22, 2011 at 7:02 amJojothemonkey

I just watched the preview and…Show Spoiler ▼

• June 22, 2011 at 7:53 amKratos

When Mayushi checks her watch it’s 6:34pm :)

• June 22, 2011 at 9:25 amchaos

Then 6:34 is the time mark for saving Mayuri.

• June 22, 2011 at 9:05 amFrozenFury

So they went to the subway? :’( Remember, there was a bomb threat in the subway shown this episode…

• June 22, 2011 at 9:26 amchaos

That was kind of out of place at first…

A bomb threat before Mayuri’s death? It has to be another foreshadowing…

• June 22, 2011 at 6:53 pmKratos

The time we see in the preview is from a train station board. So the bomb thread must come from SERN, to prevent them to use the train to escape.

• June 23, 2011 at 8:30 amHagiri

Its 1 way of keeping them in 1 place.

• June 23, 2011 at 8:44 amZaku Fan

I dunno, unless SERN knows how much each has in their wallets, i don’t see what’s to prevent them from hailing a cab. At the very least, Kurisu should have sufficient money.

To block off the taxi escape, they would also have to saturate the streets with taxis driven by SERN agents in case one of them decided to walk a few blocks further due to increased taxi frequency there or that road being a shorter and hence cheaper journey.

• June 24, 2011 at 1:42 pmchaos

@hagiri, not all the trains are stopped, just two.

I suspected it’s not SERN doing, I think Okarin did that…

• June 22, 2011 at 3:44 amTheta

MAYURI! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
    Never in my life had an anime evoked this much emotion and outrage from me. OMG WHY?!! WHY DID IT HAVE TO BE HER?! SHE WAS INNOCENT! T^T

• June 22, 2011 at 9:27 amchaos

Well said…

• June 22, 2011 at 3:46 amRicalloo

Interesting. Not at all the reaction I was expecting from Kiiragi or even from others.

Let us all not forget that one of the main characters died in episode 1. Who? Kurisu Makise! And yet, her she is still alive.

Will Mayuri remain dead? Is Kurisu actually a spy, or will she be forced into it as Kiiragi excellently pointed out. Why did Suzuha run away, when she knew what was coming, instead of warn them? Did time actually stop in that last scene?

Normally if a main character I liked dies in a series like this I am left with some sadness. But, because this is a show about time travel and parallel worlds I can’t help but think this will be rectified at some point. The question now is how will Okabe get to use the time machine in his current situation?

• June 22, 2011 at 9:38 amchaos

If you recalled from Okarin’s flashback right as Mayuri was shot, you will realize that she was meant to die since the beginning. The scene of her in the cemetery was foreshadowing her inevitable death. I originally thought those were her parents, but after she state her parents are home waiting for her, it was a matter of time to put the pieces in place.

It explained why Okarin was so connected and protective of Mayuri. As it would seem that both Mayuri and Okarin have knowledge that stretch beyond their knowledge of events that exist in the form of instant flashbacks or dream-like state. What the shadow of Mayuri stated 70 millions years ago may be true…

• June 28, 2011 at 9:45 pmexaslave

Unlike Mayuri we didn’t actually see Kurise die, we saw her over a bath of blood without visible wounds and there was a scream before that happened, which was most likely Okabe (since kurise mentioned she met him before and the voice is just that similar).
      For all we know the one dead could be Okabe or Mayuri and the scream being okabe when he saw her yet again and Kurise was just unconscious over mayuri’s blood (showing future events? maybe the rest could be all attempts of how okabe tries to save mayuri but being unable to).

• June 22, 2011 at 4:01 amdalman

part time warrior to the rescue!!!

still want to know what FB means .___. “future bitch”? :0 or is that a phone brand? o_-

• June 22, 2011 at 4:14 amfragb85

Facebook maybe? ZOMG Moeka is working for Facebook! Facebook is EVIL! Cancel your accounts!

• June 22, 2011 at 4:19 amKansokusha

FB is Show Spoiler ▼

• June 22, 2011 at 3:21 pmdalman

hrmm….o.o… so if that’s true, and unless they introduce a new character… 0___0

• June 22, 2011 at 4:07 amDyne

Where’s QB when we need him most!? Nice shot of Daru
    …And how come the SERN dudes have masks now?

• June 22, 2011 at 4:41 amKansokusha

To save budget. =\

• June 22, 2011 at 5:15 amDyne

I remember them as muscular men typical of soldiers…but heck its like SERN pulled some random bystanders, fitted them with masks, and equipped them with guns…and that’s it! Instant Rounder Paintball team. :\

• June 22, 2011 at 5:51 amKansokusha

Come to think about it… those pro-looking dudes in the VN were kinda out of place. All SERN need is disposable underlings to do their dirty works… just like Moeka…

• June 22, 2011 at 6:38 amgecd

SERN hired them from Inferno
      they are Schyte Master’s marionettes

• June 22, 2011 at 7:11 amBass.EXE

not sure if spoiler >_>

• June 22, 2011 at 7:33 amKansokusha

u kidding? =\

• June 22, 2011 at 9:10 amgecd

errr….
        what spoiler? =_=a

• June 22, 2011 at 1:41 pmCharles (^-^)

what Bass meant was he wasnt sure if you were making a joke or talking about the actual plot………..

• June 22, 2011 at 9:49 amchaos

Yeah, I am glad you point that out. They look like your typical bystanders. Does SERN recruit anybody as their agents now?

I think that called 1-800-BAD-GUYS, but too cheap to afford the A-team of black suits guys and settle for the B-class average junkies.

More ironically, I won’t be surprise you you re-watch a few episodes and realize those guys where in the background spying around this whole time…

• June 22, 2011 at 4:12 amZakalia

SHOCK! really didnt see that coming until it was happening… :(

• June 22, 2011 at 9:51 amchaos

Yup, everything was fun and games until the last 2 minutes. BAM! It hits you hard…

• June 22, 2011 at 4:16 amfreedomapoc

SERN is owned by facebook :o we are all gonna die! we know too much :oooo

• June 22, 2011 at 9:52 amchaos

Maybe SERN is Facebook…
      O.o

• June 22, 2011 at 4:27 amhaitechan

Instead of Kiryu is KILLYOU Moeka DX. Even when I love tsunderes, Mayushii was my favorite characters T_T. But, seriously, even with all that cryptic way of acting it was obvious Moeka was up to no good. And what is FB? Why does Suzuha believe Kurisu is a SERN spy? I can’t see her working with them after this, unless she spys SERN for revenge or is brainwashed. Now I’m having Madoka vibes from this. Here’s my speculation (may contain spoilers for Madoka) Show Spoiler ▼

• June 22, 2011 at 9:53 amchaos

Probably for the same reasons why she was murder in Ep. 1

• June 22, 2011 at 5:07 amNekore44

I didn’t notice till this episode that Mayuri and Shiro are voiced by the same person.

That was definently a heart pounding episode for me. I knew from the way it began, something big was about to happen. Never would have expected that though, I was kinda hoping Suzuha would bust in and go all Rambo on them…

=^.^=

• June 22, 2011 at 9:40 amcybersteel

How can you not know Hanazawa Kana. You should check out her voicing Tachibana Kanade from Angel Beats if you have not done so.

• June 22, 2011 at 9:54 amchaos

I didn’t know. Nor do I care. I watch anime for the anime, not for voice actors…

• June 22, 2011 at 9:30 pmNekore44

Cybersteel: I have not watched Angel Beats yet, but I’ve been meaning to.

Chaos: That’s not it, it’s just that her voice sounded so familiar it was bugging me. It took me a while to connect the two, In retrospect, it would have been faster to wiki…

=^.^=

• June 24, 2011 at 1:45 pmchaos

Funny thing about voice actors is that they…act. Making it almost impossible to identify unless they are actors like Ben Affleck, Ashton Kutcher, etc who never change their persona.

• June 22, 2011 at 5:22 amleonardo

i’ve played the VN and i got say you havn’t see anything yet this thing is soo fucking twisted but really addicting to everyone who play is it hmmm since there are 12 episodes now and this episode finished chapter 5 of the novel 5 of 12…. the next one will be fucking great and if they put the same BGM man i can die happy looking foward for the girls route thou…when the time comes you will understand ^^

• June 22, 2011 at 6:40 amgecd

I just wish for technovision

• June 22, 2011 at 8:19 amDyne

Mayuri’s death scene was done well. Caught us by surprise, had an impact, and left us wanting more.

• June 22, 2011 at 5:25 amSoiyeruda

Correct me if I’m wrong but Mayushii didn’t utter one tutturu this episode. :O

Nice way to mark the first half of this series. Was a bit confused as to why Suzu decided to ditch everyone, though that should be explained later.

• June 22, 2011 at 5:54 amKarmafan

If she is from the future then she probably realized what was coming and bounced before she got caught with them. She knew they were gonna bust a cap in her andf didn’t wanna be there.

• June 22, 2011 at 9:16 amOwaranai

The running was justified, I suppose, if she thought that if she could somehow save them from somewhere else or already knew something about time travel, which could help them escape their predicament.

• June 22, 2011 at 9:56 amchaos

Yup, that is what soldiers do. They run away…

• June 22, 2011 at 10:37 amX

@chaos: LOL you cant blame Suzu for running away, cuz she is only a part time soldier ^^

• June 22, 2011 at 11:56 pmSoiyeruda

Guess I worded that wrong. I meant I was more confused as to why she didn’t warn the others, and instead, just left them to get caught by SERN.

• June 23, 2011 at 8:41 amHagiri

No one would believe her, and explaining will take time which then increases the chance of her getting captured or killed.

• June 22, 2011 at 5:26 amprejsu

If Okabe is taken into custody, then how is he supposed to save Mayushi? I don’t believe what I’ve just watched:/ what a shocker!!

• June 22, 2011 at 5:33 amSoiyeruda

I’m thinking that they’ll be forced into serving SERN, as Okabe, Kurisu, and Daru are useful in their own ways.

Kurisu built a time machine and partly figured out why it works the way it does.

Daru is an amazing hacker.

Okabe knows far more than he should, and is one of the few people who could properly switch world lines, so he’d make a decent guinea pig.

• June 22, 2011 at 5:57 amOrinX

SONS OF A BITCHES

• June 22, 2011 at 6:02 ammegalith

Jesus Christ… This god damn build up. This ep. This series.

Gradually I’ve been losing interest on Iroha, T&B, and AnoHana. This, C, and Nichijou are my current favorites.

Personally this is shaping up the best show of this season right when things get serious. Glad this show is 26 episodes!

• June 22, 2011 at 6:14 amKansokusha

26 episodes…? Oh… Show Spoiler ▼

• June 22, 2011 at 8:56 amchaos

Wiki said it is 24 eps

• June 22, 2011 at 6:02 amMikuMiku

When masked men entered, the show’s mood changed little stupid.
    Why were they disguiesed of ski mask (balaclava helmet) or something?

• June 22, 2011 at 9:59 amchaos

Typically, people wear masks because they don’t want their face known.

As for the cheap clothes, that is another story.

As for the AK47, one word…TERRORISTS!

• June 23, 2011 at 8:47 amHagiri

It’s like a basic terrorist gun. They give 1 out in training. Every terrorist has gotta have 1.

• June 24, 2011 at 1:48 pmchaos

I guess M16 is too expensive and high class for terrorists…LOL

• June 22, 2011 at 6:22 amBass.EXE

So the hacked connection between SERN and Daru’s computer was actually SERN hacking them. Who didn’t see that coming? They SERN spy being Shining Finger, now that was a twist indeed

• June 22, 2011 at 6:27 amTriangle MAN

Tuturu is dead and i need my tuturu fix “_”

• June 22, 2011 at 6:49 amShrubbery

Wow, just wow. This whole series is so well done!

If I’m right, but it’s just my speculations, I didn’t read this anywhere:

• June 22, 2011 at 10:13 amchaos

Technically, you’re right. It was hinted at the beginning scene by Kiiragi that both Okarin and Mayuri maybe time traveler. Remember the 70 millions years scene?

As Mayrui stated, they have been traveling to many worlds yet to died in the end. However, their souls/thoughts carry on to the others Mayuri(s) and Okarin(s). It explained why both of them have some form of instinct about what will happen yet not the exact details. Kinda like a 6th sense where you can feel it coming, but aren’t aware of what exactly or when.

(I didn’t read the manga or play the game. Just observations)

• June 22, 2011 at 6:56 amwhatever

Well…something is so wrong when I see the maskedmen….damm! Now the story will go even faster from here. Can’t wait!

• June 22, 2011 at 7:00 amahelo

Today is the day we lament. OH MY GOD THIS IS SUCH A SAD EPISODE. AND CREEPY AT THAT. BOO SHINING FINGER BOO.

• June 22, 2011 at 7:07 amMasterDragonKnight

No one has commented on Mayuri holding a lightsaber?

Anyway, I was thinking, like how Moeka keeps says FB, maybe Suzuha only knows that a lab member with the initials of MK is a SERN spy. She thought that MK stands for Makise Kurisu, but when it really means Moeka Kiryu. After all, I don’t think the two of them every interacted, so Suzuha never suspected her.

• June 22, 2011 at 8:39 amZaku Fan

That is a good point though whoever/whatever told her about it should have used the full name rather than initials unless whoever told her wanted her to have a mistaken impression or was using codenames.

• June 22, 2011 at 6:27 pmKarmafan

Maybe she got the info from the future and they only had 36 bytes so they used abreviations for MK. Same issue with the microwave phone call/message.

• June 23, 2011 at 8:00 amZaku Fan

Possible though the hints have been of her being an actual physical time traveller from the future dystopia where she was a warrior. That would mean all this was ancient history to her and there should not have been a need for D-mails and such.

They could conceivably pull a “Suzuha is delusional” but that doesn’t fit the series and her combat pose does look good enough to be professional

• June 22, 2011 at 9:49 amcybersteel

That explanation seems more plausible then the brainwashed theory. Let see if it is confirmed or busted.

• June 22, 2011 at 10:15 amchaos

• June 22, 2011 at 10:30 amSidious

“If you strike me down, I will become more powerful than you can possibly imagine.”

So Mayuri has become one with the Force now?

• June 22, 2011 at 10:45 amX

@Sidious: Mayuri is a very cute dark force which I will gladly join anytime that to be with the lameass dark vader or luke.

In any case,as what Kiiragi pointed out, it could still be possible for Makise Kurisu (Christina, Celeb-7, etc) to be brainwashed and be turned into a SERN spy, why? Cuz she can be easily exploited because she is an emotional wreck from her relationship with her father and the only thing that is making it all better is Okarin, now if Okarin completely focuses on Mayuri and no longer shows her the attention that she desperately needs (take in mind our Celeb-7 is a tsundere lol), SERN might just easily brainwash her to make her turn from a tsundere into a yandere (i can totally see it in her character!).

I am half-joking btw, only half cuz it might still be possible, yet i personally dont want it to happen. I want them as a team (except Moeka) to save Mayuri and burn down SERN together with Moeka (brainwashed or not, what she did to Mayuri was just horrible and she deserves an equal treatment).

• June 22, 2011 at 7:08 amoutcast

“If you’re still planning on watching this series, avoid this post and reading the recent comments on the sidebar for the next few days. Heavy spoilers ahoy.”

Please switch the wording series into episode. I thought you dropped the series and was going to spoil the ending.

• June 22, 2011 at 7:10 amSeishun Otoko

I like Moeka-san better when she was a sexy librarian :(
    I hope I get my weekly dose of Tuturu through flashbacks next week

• June 22, 2011 at 8:21 amDyne

+1 seishun point

• June 22, 2011 at 10:17 amchaos

I never liked her, and Never will after what she did to Mayuri T.T

• June 22, 2011 at 10:51 amX

SAME HERE chaos! I never did like her cuz I always thought she was the most suspicious character (the next one was Suzu, but during her revelation of finding her father I started to like her), but never Moeka. Cuz she was always hiding her intentions or goals (heck even our part time soldier and timetraveler Suzu revealed hers) and she always persists to know what the lab group was doing and forces her way into them (unlike Suzu whom was more natural about it). I was right on my suspicions that Moeka was the SERN spy, and I really hope that me and Kiiragi are wrong about Christina still potentially becoming a SERN spy in the future by brainwashing or something (IMO could be exploiting her emotions like her discord with her father and her improving relationship with Okarin but due to Okarin focusing on Mayuri, she might feel abandoned or something and could potentially be brainwashed) I sure hope not!

• June 22, 2011 at 7:47 amKratos

Something is wrong with those guys, why the hell do they use AK47 ??
    That’s a cheap weapon for terrorist and unofficial groups. Couldn’t SERN afford something better? why would they bother wearing masks? Could it be that they are just a small SERN’s faction under FB’s direct orders?

Now I want to see Suzuha come through the windows and Mr.Braun from behind then and kick their asses off, so Okarin can send a Dmail !!
    But I guess they will rather be taken to SERN’s base in Japan and interrogated T_T.

• June 22, 2011 at 8:12 amKansokusha

Indeed they aren’t official… they are just mercenaries, hired dogs.

And you are expecting Tennoji Mr.Braun to come for the rescue? フッフッフッフッフ… oops!

• June 22, 2011 at 1:17 pmKratos

Nothing is meaningless in this show!
        So Mr.Braun’s muscles MUST serve some purpose!!
        Let’s say Nae forgot something at the shop so Braun had to come back this late and then he met Suzuha who required his help (although I don’t think she would involve others).

• June 22, 2011 at 10:23 amchaos

Don’t you guys think it was excessive?!

I mean, Moeka meet everybody and should have known they were harmless. Hell, all they needed were batons, no, just their fists and the gang would have come nicely. I doubt anybody in Okarin’s labs would even put up a fight.

They ran in with masks and guns. Not just regular guns: fully-automated assaulted rifles. It was all too excessive. A few guys in black suits saying “come with us” would have been more than enough. It is like bring a bomb into a fist fight…totally uncalled for.

• June 22, 2011 at 10:55 amX

Ugh I know! What’s worst is how the hell could she kill Mayuri just cuz she is not needed! WTF! leave her alone! Mayuri is not even a threat at all! I doubt that she would even call the cops for Moeka cuz she considers Moeka as a friend and knowing our cute Tuturu she would probably wait patiently in the lab for them all to gather again and resolve the understanding, Ugh I was really feeling it after Mayuri just said she doesnt like fighting at all, and to get her to be shot like that was completely uncalled for. Now I just dont want Okarin to go back and save Mayuri, but to go all out on ensuring her safety, how? Kill Moeka, and destroy SERN in ALL WORLD LINES. If he really claims to be a mad scientist, I think Mayuri’s death is enough to turn him into a real one, and go back into many world lines and protect all the Mayuris, by completely obliterating SERN and Moeka all across the world lines.

• June 22, 2011 at 1:24 pmKratos

@X
        Rather than a “not needed” is more like a “knows too much”

• June 22, 2011 at 4:14 pmchaos

@X, now if he got Mr. Braun’s body, Okarin will be set. According to you, he will become the next Punisher, punishing eveil SERN for killing his loved Mayuri.

@Kratos, Mayruri didn’t know anything. She question everything they did and when they try to explain it, she still didn’t get it. She is a simple girl, won’t hurt a fly. She does possess a unaffected view of the truth, which was to never mess with time in the first place.

• June 23, 2011 at 4:42 amKratos

@chaos
        I meant, she knew about the time machine, the Dmails, that Okarin was fighting SERN and Moeka’s face!

• June 22, 2011 at 6:31 pmKarmafan

If you want to hide the fact you are professional soldiers working for SERN wouldn’t it be a good idea to attack and capture the lab using cheap masks and old weapons amd appear to be a run of the mill terrorist cell?

• June 22, 2011 at 8:09 amteri

No more tuturu? D:::::

• June 22, 2011 at 8:10 amteri

I hope it ends up like Makise in ep 1. They saw her dead but she didn’t die. *_*

• June 22, 2011 at 10:58 amShirikatsu

It could end up like that I mean that time, someone else had an influence on the flow of time causing Okarin to shift world lines to one where she was still alive, it might happen again you never know.

• June 22, 2011 at 10:29 amchaos

That is the only path Okarin will take…

In fact, he has to. If you think about it, it was ALL HIS FAULTS.

Mayuri join the lab because of him.
      Moeka become a lab member because of him.
      Moeka knows everything because he told her.
      Mayuri died because he failed to warned them of SERN messages.
      And it was him to decide to experiment with time while Mayuri was against it from the start.

So I figure he will place all the blame on himself and finally snapped. His purposes from this point on are to saved Mayuri and destroy SERN!

• June 22, 2011 at 8:35 amZaku Fan

Well that would have been fubar if this wasn’t a time travel series. The first scene was really a wtf+death flag scene. I was expecting a sniper from the roof top at first but when part-timer ran off, and poor Mayuri’s watch stopped, it was the countdown.

Okarin really should have told everyone about the threats. It was understandable but selfish of him to conceal the threats just because he was afraid everyone would run off. Now the consequences of his decision made him lose his oldest friend.

Moeka looks brainwashed there, while the thugs did not. It looks like her controllers decided to let Okarin do all the work and only took action when he decided to jump ship and announce the time leap machine.

Money is on part time warrior coming back and showing why she told Okarin she was a warrior and a reveal on who and what exactly is Moeka. The terrorist actions may have some link to the plot. Maybe to cover up SERN’s actions?

It was nice to see that they covered the loose plot point of why Mayuri was a “hostage”. It was probably Okarin’s little fantasy talk to get her to join his “lab” when he started it up, even before Daru joined.

• June 22, 2011 at 8:50 amArtanis

era algo muy predecible que podia pasar solo de que forma , era la interrogante haber que pasa ahora enel 13

• June 22, 2011 at 8:55 amxcswmboy

I got spoilered already so it didn’t hit me as hard. Still…TUTuruuuu*cry*…

Now the series really gets started.

• June 22, 2011 at 9:10 amchaos

F*ck!
    F*ck!
    F*ck!

Most of all, f*ck you, b*tch! I hope you burn in hell for what you did!!!

Mayuri didn’t do anything to deserve that. If she wasn’t needed, then knocked her out and take the others. But, no you had to killed her. Worst of all, you SHOT her between the EYES! I will laugh my ass off when I see that you get what you deserve, Trigger Finger. GODDAMN B*tch. I didn’t like you before, now I HATE you. I am so angry and sad right now… Tutu-waaaa TT.TT

I am voting Trigger Finger for most hated character this year…and Mayuri for best death character/scene.

• June 22, 2011 at 9:15 amchaos

• June 22, 2011 at 9:23 amewok40k

I dont know… Moeka eyes always seemed empty to me. Maybe she is/was/will be (damn that time travel stuff!) brainwashed? Still my first reaction was siilar. But I hate more the hand that wields than the sword that strikes. Who/what is FB?
      Part time warrior is certainly knowing more than she says, but for the reasons unknown(avoiding time paradox?) she refuses to spill the beans. I hope she can organise some diversion to help our heroes escape the SERN goons.
      I loved the interaction between Makise and Okarin, those 2 seem like perfect mutual tsundere pair.

• June 22, 2011 at 5:39 pmfragb85

In her defense she didn’t look like she wanted to kill Mayuri either. The way she kept chanting “for FB” sounded like she was hesitant. Someone also suggested that if she was the ones sending the threatening texts, it may be because she was trying to protect them.

• June 22, 2011 at 9:12 amAthos

I loved. LOVED the Makise x Okabe scene.

Okabe: “You are my precious nakama.”
    Makise: “Th… thank you.”
    Okabe: “…OH SH*T, spoiled the beans there ohgod ohgod whatdoIdowhatdoIdowhatdoIdowhatdoIdo ……!!!!! “DO YOU HAVE A FEVER” MANEUVEER
    *runs all the way to where Makise is standing*

Words cannot express how I’m gonna miss the comic relief in this series. I just hope the payoff is worth it.

• June 22, 2011 at 10:09 amTehJawknee

I had a good laugh during this scene, too. Probably because Christina went full tsundere then denied it. And yeah, all I could say is “What the SHIT??” when that last scene rolled around.

• June 22, 2011 at 9:18 amAndré

For FaceBook. =O

• June 22, 2011 at 9:26 amlucci

Tutu-*HEADSHOT*

• June 22, 2011 at 9:31 amchaos

Suzuha, the soldier from the future…

Soldier my ass! She ran out of there faster than Forest Gump. I guess soldiers in the future prefer to run with their tales between their legs. I lost all respect that I have for Suzuha. She knew everything that was to happen yet she ran for it.

• June 22, 2011 at 10:02 amewok40k

she is guerilla… better to live and fight another day!

• June 22, 2011 at 10:08 amZaku Fan

Even special forces know better than to fight a direct battle where no information other than the enemy being numerous is available. Why let the opponent choose the place and type of combat when you can take them out from behind? If part timer has fought as long as she hints, she would be doing this.

• June 22, 2011 at 10:43 amGuardian

Yeah, I have a strong feeling Suzu will be coming back to save the day, at least by distracting SERN long enough for Okarin to Time Leap.

• June 22, 2011 at 11:06 amX

you guys got a point, I know that Suzu probably did the most logical approach (like a contractor would in Darker than black) and that it would take a LONG TIME to convince everyone of the threat and explain how she knows and then she would not be able to escape and would probably die (since she herself is not needed). Since she has no weapons (at least not that we know of) she would not be able to fight them off. So it was the most logical thing to do. HOWEVER, chaos has a got point, I was pissed off that she didnt at least tell them to run away or hide or something before she up and left! Instead she just says sorry, she could have just yelled run away cuz SERN will kill them (it would take the exact same time instead she only said sorry and i gotta go), which is really really lame of her. Someone pointed out that it could be because she doesnt want to create a time paradox, i think it is not the reason cuz she being a timetraveler should know that there is no such thing cuz of the world lines (many worlds interpretation). I think she did it only to escape and fight another day, but still im pissed she didnt do anything at all to warn them. Remember the future lab gadget that did a smokescreen in the previous episode? (the one that rukako unleashed that looks like a claymore) Okarin should have used it.

• June 22, 2011 at 12:57 pmKratos

I came to the same point, she thank logicaly and chose the best solution. She can’t let her be captured or killed has she might still have a mission and that way she will still be able to save them.

speculations based on the preview: Show Spoiler ▼

• June 22, 2011 at 9:42 amchaos

I figure one of two things is gonna happen:

1) Suzuha jump into to rescue the group and take the microwave to perform the time leap so Okarin can travel in time to save Mayuri

or

2) The gang is bought to SERN Headquarter where they find a way to escape and use the LHC to perform a real time travel back in time to save Mayuri

• June 22, 2011 at 2:26 pmAlita

* Spoiler tag fixed.

• June 22, 2011 at 10:14 amShirikatsu

….She killed Mayuri for Facebook….

• June 22, 2011 at 11:09 amX

I know! Facebook is evil! It is literally brainwashing people! Seriously look at so many millions of people so hooked into facebook that they need it like food! I am one of the rare humans that have broadband internet access yet DOES NOT HAVE A FACEBOOK ACCOUNT and I’m damn proud not to have one and not be dependent on one.

• June 22, 2011 at 1:13 pmKratos

Proud of it too!

• June 22, 2011 at 1:32 pmCharles (^-^)

i third that

• June 22, 2011 at 4:23 pmchaos

I have a 1,000 friends on facebook, but I don’t use it anymore because everybody is on it now. Overcrowded, like it better when it was just us college kids. I would shutdown my account, but how else am I going to spy on my EXs and laugh at their pains? I hope those b*tches burn in hell for what they did to me like Moeka did to Mayuri minus the death part.

• June 22, 2011 at 10:21 amOwaranai

Carp…Lost my post.

Oh well, here goes. I’m watching this show and still loving it. If this keeps up, I won’t hesitate to consider this THE hit of this season. Well, considering there aren’t many serious contenders…

That aside, I like how they played up the atmospheric effects by using lighting and tell-tale signs of Mayuri’s impending death. The first scene, the light saber she was holding (red glow and ominous lighting casted on her face) and the talk about her being the only one with a clear view as well as her ability to stop fights in an instant. It clicks with the notion that when you want everything to go to hell for our protagonist, take out the one that binds them together.

My hunch about Moeka was right (for once XD), though I would have liked to see more of a backstory. There’s also Ruka…Did SERN do away with her too? More importantly, I’m wondering at the significance of Suzu running away. Possibly to look for other solutions to this little problem, or the run away and fight another day? She’s yet another character who knows more than she lets on.

And the scene of the week – The little flirting between Okabe and Kurisu. I’m kinda miffed by the notion that she could become (or made) a spy for SERN, but nothing takes away the fun from that scene.

From here on out, will things be getting deadly (no pun intended) serious, or will we see more comic relief here and there?

• June 22, 2011 at 10:37 amrasone0104

Well I knew this was coming but…
    I guess its the time to rage like hell…

• June 22, 2011 at 11:45 amShirt

F.

Okabe will somehow timeleap again, I’m sure. :] He’ll get Mayuri back. Yep-yep. Tuturuuu~ T_T

• June 22, 2011 at 11:37 pmHao

If there is a good time to send a D-Mail, this would be it. Though I would hate to see Tuturu coming back and then getting killed again…

• June 24, 2011 at 1:52 pmchaos

I think her death is inevitable and cannot be undo…

• June 22, 2011 at 12:44 pmbanzemanga

It seems that things are not exactly as simple as “time travel”. It is more like “switching bodies” between parallel universes.

The first hint has to do with memory. Everytime a D-mail is sent and the past is changed, Okarin has no memory of what happened on the new universe he travels to. For example, when he mailed himself to stop Suzuha from leaving the town; he did not know how he stopped Suzuha and had to ask her the specifics. So he switches places with the Okarin on a parallel universe where the Okarin in that universe stops Suzuha.

Next hint has to do with the first “time travel” or “body switching” he had knowledge of. The first time it happened was when Kurisu was supposed to be dead but all of the sudden he switched bodies with an Okarin somewhere else.

The third hint has to do with Mayuri’s speech on this episode. Mayuri spoke of Okarins and lab members in plural including the “originals” as if there was more than one for each of them.

This means “time travel” or universe traveling is not always a beautiful thing because while one Okabe managed to save Mayuri in a parallel universe, another one is dead in a different universe. Also, it means that while one Okabe is living happily; someone else switched with him to a terrible place.

• June 22, 2011 at 1:03 pmewok40k

I havent seen such active discussion since Madoka…

• June 22, 2011 at 1:11 pmKratos

I’m surprised that with more than 100 comments, nobody pointed out what happened to the time in that room!
    Why did the hour glass and mayuri’s watch stoped?
    Is that some kind of time stop weapon that SERN put together? if that the case how comes that peaple can still move around and TV work? Selective time stop? what criteria?

From what we have seen so far nothing is meaningless in this show, she bomb alert must have something to do with that
    - SERN needed to borrow extra power supply so it stoped the train (one of the mens broke the TV so the lab member would not think about this possibility)
    - Was it to prepare they scape? those lines were in the way.
    - Have the time stop machine limited perimeter that the trains would have crossed

• June 22, 2011 at 4:35 pmchaos

I think time frozen serve as an emphasis on Okarin due to Mayuri’s death. The final domino needed to push Okarin forward into destroying SERN. I don’t think it has any other real relevance other than how it would affected Okarin. I think the show is trying to say how Okarin’s life was frozen at that point, that he will never be able to move forward in time ever again.

I remember other shows and movies how the main character kept an old watch, but it stop working. It is although the person live in the past and never in the present or future. Like the watch, time has indeed stop for them.

Of course, in the end, the watch start ticking again serving to show hoe the main character resolve his problem and overcome in order to move on with like…

• June 22, 2011 at 6:43 pmKratos

I think see what you mean, time stops while the main character thinks, but how could a hour glass stop, it works on gravity there no way it could stop half way. Plus Mayuri is the one who states about her watch, it mean it stopped working for everyone, not only Okarin.

After rewatching it, it seems that lines stopped are those in akiba.
        - It could also be to prevent them to escape by train

• June 23, 2011 at 10:16 pmTorrigan

im guessing the train stopping will play a major part if kyouma does try and go back in time since its because the trains stopped that quite a few of the members stayed at the lab especially mayuri she stayed at the lab because she couldnt go home

you can totally tell that hes gonna go back in time.

Also moeka didnt seem brainwashed and the dissapearence of the IBN could indicate that SERN has it? which im guessing allowed SERN to tell that the lab was hacking into their system

• June 22, 2011 at 4:39 pmchaos

Actually, it got over 100 comments in the first few hours that it was out…

• June 22, 2011 at 6:43 pmKratos

I meant about the stopped hour glass

• June 22, 2011 at 1:17 pmSheapy

Hella foreshadowing with Mayushi’s watch stopping. IMO I think it means that is when her time is gone. She’ll keep on dying at that time or something

• June 22, 2011 at 1:30 pmCharles (^-^)

Tuturu!!! wait now i feel sad QQ

• June 22, 2011 at 1:34 pmCharles (^-^)

also when those masked guys came barging in i freaked out they looked outta place in this anime….

Also i would like to announce this is now one of my favorite anime
    can not wait for the next episode XD

• June 22, 2011 at 1:54 pmyomax

Okabe is a mad scientist? Nope. He will become one after that… A mad and twisted Okabe goes back in time…OMFG! Can’t wait!

• June 22, 2011 at 2:20 pmAlita

If people are this distraught by Mayushi’s death, you’re in for some good ‘ol soul crushing.

• June 22, 2011 at 6:55 pmKansokusha

You jus have to spit it, dun ya? >=(

• June 22, 2011 at 4:36 pmLinkark

I was predicting Mayushii death this week or next. Sad it was this week.

No more tururu Okarin… /cry

• June 22, 2011 at 7:34 pmnagi

gaaaah I actually know the whole plot and thought this would have less impact but NO! this episode and Mayuri’s death was well done! T^T

anyway, to those who know the VN, just a thought about Daru…

• June 22, 2011 at 8:47 pmSilentcid

MAYURI!!!

• June 22, 2011 at 8:54 pmlkaze

WOW, i was waiting for the blog to be up last night. When i check the blog again already over 100++ comment, damn. Anyway what a cliffhanger, now we know what will trigger okarin to become REAL mad scientist.
    Why do a mad scientist cross the road (of world line)?
    To get back his Tutturu.

• June 22, 2011 at 10:39 pmDarmon

The last tuturuu, or is it now?
    But ahem…
    MAYURI!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• June 22, 2011 at 11:40 pmCharles (^_^)

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!

• June 23, 2011 at 12:01 amJustin

I was so distraught by this episode that I went on a no-life summary-reading quest on the story of Steins;Gate. Lets just say that shit is about to get real.

• June 23, 2011 at 12:01 amFlamingYu

Haha, I knew Shining Finger is bad news. The silentness of hers. It’s scary.

FB is hell! Never use FB!

• June 23, 2011 at 12:55 amewok40k

Heh, I’ve managed to get myself a grand total of 16 friends on FB, half of them family… guess my social skills are pitiful even on the net :P

• June 23, 2011 at 1:07 amCroos

Indeed Kiiragi, the purposeless girl serve her purpose. This would make the story more interesting for the boring Okabe.

I’m guessing that the past is hard to change even though you try to change it the way you like it to be. I’ve been seeing some movies(although i vaguely remeber) where in people tries to change the past many times. It also may lead to Mayuri not going to be alive again even though Okabe tries to change it.

• June 23, 2011 at 6:41 pmchaos

Mayuri wasn’t purposeless. You are only saying that because she didn’t possess a special ability that either help the storyline or enhance it.

I doubt Mayuri’s main purpose was to used as a sacrificial lamb. That is a fate too cruel for sweet Mayuri…

Mayuri seem to be the voice of reason that stretch beyond the reach of time and space. They say you never appreciate something until it is gone…

• June 23, 2011 at 5:48 amdeafvader

Hmmm… thinking that Okarin did not get his powers when he was a kid but instead first experienced them as a kid.
    okarin is now 18 years old and the year is 2008.
    okarin got his fever when he was a ten year old kid, eight years ago.
    John Titor first came online at year 2000, which is eight years ago.
    His power did not activate in the past but was used.

• June 23, 2011 at 7:05 am1Lau

so what does FB mean?

• June 23, 2011 at 6:33 pmchaos

From this episode, FB means F*$king B*tch for what Moeka did to Mayuri…

It could also means, F$%king Bullsh*t. That is what I think for SERN and their gang of terrorists.

After 2 days, I am still angry and sad… TT.TT

• June 23, 2011 at 8:57 amharo

hints on who FB is.
    concentrate on B.
    think of a name using hououin’s naming logic system.

• June 23, 2011 at 9:22 amewok40k

• June 23, 2011 at 9:07 amgecd

and suddenly over 100 comments
    just according keikaku!!!

• June 23, 2011 at 9:11 amHagiri

I’m gonna finish the whole series then play / read the VN.

Its like the present Mayuri knew she was gonna go.

This shows that the disappearance of the IBN 5100 was due to Shining Fingers d-mail.
    And yes, F Shining Finger, F !!!

• June 23, 2011 at 11:24 amLitho

This has turned out to be better any other series this season.

Great episode.

• June 23, 2011 at 6:54 pmchaos

Okay, after 2 days of cooling off and emotions aside, let get back on topic…

While I hate Suzuha for running out of there, she has her reasons. The main one being you can’t alter important events in the past, especially if Okarin will become the leader of the rebel force against SERN. Then Mayuri’s death serve its purpose. Another reason could be she wasn’t prepare for that many guys with guns. Being unarmed and outnumbered, she was going to lose in either case.

As far as she coming back to saved them, maybe. She boast about being a soldier yet I highly doubt she was even trained properly. Since she left in episode 10 after not finding her father, I doubt she is here originally to save and protect Okarin. She may be a simple time travel here to observe time, not change it.

• June 23, 2011 at 10:38 pmKansokusha

She jus stops by for her personal matter. Her mission is pretty much the same as Show Spoiler ▼

• June 23, 2011 at 7:04 pmchaos

As for Moeka, we know now she is a spy and a brainwashed one for that matter…

Her actions are unforgetable and I still hope she burn in hell (at least in one of the timeline). She did mention she did it for FB. From earlier, she stated FB told her what the IBN 5100 was. So FB is the one giving her information as well as a support beam for her hope.

I wouldn’t say FB is her husband or her child, but I can’t say it is her boss as well. It might be an organization or an Utopia. It could be an operation codename or a person.

If I have to guess, I say FB is a person. To be more specific, it maybe Okarin…

• June 23, 2011 at 10:57 pmKansokusha

Sadly there is no Moeka route in the original VN. =( If any1 wants to take a deeper look into this character, you can read the drama CD gamma “Hyde of the dark dimension” after you have finished the series, in which Okabe IS an agent for SERN in that timeline, and Moeka is the only one he can trust. An IF sidestory anyway.

Sum1 has already spoiled FB’s identity in a previous post. A MAJOR spoiler I would say, so please, jus please dun see it.

• June 24, 2011 at 1:56 pmchaos

I can see why. Not many people want to play Moeka is she keep shooting people between the eyes. By killing Mayuri, she ranked up in the most hated list and least playable character…

• June 24, 2011 at 7:17 pmKansokusha

Killing people doesn’t nessesary mean ur evil in the core. The Okabe in “Hyde of the dark dimension” has killed two CIAs(in the timeframe of the drama CD), and is the mastermind behind SERN in that dark future, causing all the torments. Now thats one mofo. But it’s only one of the infinite possibilities. If sum1 has to be blamed, it’s the world itself. And partly Obake’s fault to mess with the past.

• June 23, 2011 at 8:38 pmOdeus

Nooo Mayuri!!! *CRY*!!!!!

• June 24, 2011 at 1:19 pmchaos

As much as I love Mayuri and this is a time travel series, I don’t see her returning. I mean think about it. If Mayuri is the catalyst for Okarin rise to destroy SERN, then what is the point in getting her back? Wouldn’t it defeat the purpose of overthrowing SERN?

I believe it has a greater impact if she remain dead. Of course, involving time travel, we might see Mayuri dies more time than we can imagine. That would be sad for Okarin, knowing whatever he will do will not change Mayuri’s fate or get her back.

In the end, after SERN is defeated, it would be nice to see Mayuri back…

• June 24, 2011 at 1:57 pmchaos

If not, Okarin can always go back in time and spend a day with Mayuri whenever he misses her. TT^TT

• June 24, 2011 at 7:25 pmKansokusha

Fuck SERN’s dystopian future. All Okabe wants is to get his hostage back. He is the insane mado scientisto, HOUONUIN KYOUMA!!! FUHAHAHAHAHAHAA!!!

• June 25, 2011 at 1:32 pmKratos

Like the movie adapted from H.G.Wells’s book, the guy try many time to save his girlfriend but she always end up killed .No matter what he tries, he can’t go against destiny.

• June 24, 2011 at 1:39 pmchaos

As for time travel, do you guys ever think: Do time traveler ages? Or are they immortal?

• June 24, 2011 at 7:41 pmKansokusha

You will get ur answer in a few episodes… =)

• June 25, 2011 at 6:58 pmchaos

But that is the boring way and take too long…

• June 24, 2011 at 8:40 pmKansokusha

And it depends on the method used… time leap machine? Hummmmm… =\

• June 25, 2011 at 7:00 pmchaos

I was referring to physical time travel like Martin in back to the future or Doctor Who…

• June 25, 2011 at 1:14 pmKratos

if you talk about aging during the travel, that’s Einstein’s twin paradox.
      It’s currently the only way to travel to future that have been proved.

• June 25, 2011 at 7:10 pmchaos

Twin paradox is based on speed rather than time travel. I remember learning about it in school. I believe it is about two twin: one living on Earth while the other travel through space on a rocket. Say it take 20 years to travel to Mars and back. The traveling twin return home to find that his twin brother has aged 20 years while he only aged 1 year.

Not the case here. A time traveler move through time. No, he move above time, at a dimension beyond time. So the question is: if he is above time, does he aged?

Logically, he shouldn’t because he is above time. He can only aged whenever he exist within the realm of time itself. Outside of it, he is basically a mini version of God. Of course with the power to turn back time, you are basically God-like. It farther question on: how one would EXIST outside of time? (Considering basically human needs like air, foods, and water)

• June 27, 2011 at 3:20 amKamion

Well, seeing as there is no scientific way to say how much a physical time traveler would age – as physical time travel isn’t possible without some kind of device we can not build without matter we have yet to discover (Space Strings, Black Holes, Dark Matter, Wormholes) this is just sci-fi speculation.
        But yes, time travelers probably would age if they relocate physically. If they go back a year when they are 23, they will be 23 in the year they went to. If they then stay in that timeline for a year their body will be 24 (while at the same time it would have been 23 at the time if they stayed). They do not age THROUGH time travel, they just relocate the state of their bodies. Travel itself would be near instantaneous, as it’s only possible at the speed of light anyway.

The Twin paradox depends on Einstein’s theory of relativity – which does enable time travel to the future in a way, although that is not real time travel, it’s rather trivial. It says that an object travelling at a higher speed has a different perception of time, as this speed approaches the speed of light, this becomes significant. But it’s still no time travel per se.

So yeah, it’s all sci-fi, but no human can totally exist “out of time” when we look at it scientifically. The body still ages when it perceives time. It doesn’t age WHILE time traveling, as no time is perceived in the act.

But actually, just watch the rest of the show. Depending on what material they use, this question will be more or less answered if I remember correctly. Just not in the way you imagine ;)

• June 28, 2011 at 12:21 pmKratos

Well, it is not instant time travel like in back to the future, but still it IS time travel as you travel through the future. It is a way of traveling that takes time.
        If you travel at 0.9 of speed of light for one year, you will travel 3 years into the future.
        This is time travel.

• June 25, 2011 at 6:58 pmchaos

Do my eyes deceive me?…

It was 100 comments
    124 the next days
    164 last time I check
    and 183 now…

Holy shit, we can break 200 before new episode on Tuesday…LOL

• June 25, 2011 at 7:24 pmchaos

When I say “Time Travel”, everybody automatically reply with “traveling to the past”…

Why?! Doesn’t anybody here want to travel to the future?

I mean, sure you can change great things by changing even a small fraction event in the past due to the butterfly effect. But if you consider time as one instead of many worlds theory, imagine the havoc you can do to the future. Technically, the future doesn’t exist…yet. So for example I can travel to the future 5 minutes from now and kill myself. Hell, I can kill everybody and travel back to undo it like it never happen. It is like play a video game and if I don’t like it, I can hit the reset button. Unlike the past where if I kill myself (or anybody else), I ease to exist. But I can kill my future self without any regrets like the movie “GroundHog Day”. +1 for future, 0 for past…

I love the future so much more than the past. If somebody invented a time machine, I say “f*ck the past, let go to the future…”

• June 28, 2011 at 6:21 amThe17thNoah

wow glad to see someone with the same idea:D what fun would it be to go to the past? its like freaking minefield with 99.99999999999999999999% of the place a bomb that will trigger every other bombs! I suppose observing can be fun too, that is if you have some special equipment/ability that will let you see things like a flashback(which means you know you won’t change anything). But if you just wanna mess around, the future all the way! Like you said, jump to the future for any duration more than 2 seconds then you can do whatever you like(just don’t die) and come back 1 second after you left! assuming your not moving across world lines, no “2 yous” paradox since you went to a future that you left from and returned to the present where you already left, and can change the “future” you screwed over without anything to worry!:D since it’s only a short jump, there won’t be any super advanced robots hunting your ass XD

• June 27, 2011 at 12:52 amFFavatar

I personally think that shining finger is part of the resistance movement in the dystopian future and that she knows that in order to change the future she needed to motivate Okarin to use his time machine instead of giving it up (prob how SERN gets a working time machine). Moeka goes back in time and kills mayushi because she knows that Okarin can save her and change the past. It would also piss Okarin off enough to make him directly opposed to SERN and make him go out for blood. It would also explain the crappy mercenary gear since having a crappy underground resistance with crappy gear would make sense. Moeka always came off as a victim since she kept trying to patch together her memories since she prob time traveled. Though it could be her trying to remember stuff after brainwashing =/. Hell you never know how this could go. Mayushi might know more than you think and could have orchestrated her own death in order to motivate okarin as well. If she really does have collective consciousness with her other world line selves, it would def be in her character to sacrifice herself for her friends (mostly okarin). Hell she already works a part time job to get food for poor ass lab members lol…what’s a few days without tuturu’s?

• June 28, 2011 at 6:06 amThe17thNoah

I’ve been thinking that Moeka was a 3rd party(the other 2 are SERN and Okarin labmems) and the texts were her warning not as SERN but simply as someone who knows the risks. She’s practically a suspicion magnet that I think the story is using reverse psychology and making it out that she’s a bad guy. BUT *************************************************** WHY DID SHE KILL MAYURI?!!!!!!! With her names’ phonetics I should seen it coming! Kiryuu…KILL YOU! The only thing that will redeem her if she was brainwashed or like you said, Mayuri planned this, but otherwise, RAGE!!!!(ノಥ益ಥ)ノ
      also, does anyone know why steins;sub and commie are coming out so late? or is that my source is just late in posting them? just got this ep tonight:(

• June 28, 2011 at 9:36 pmchaos

No, they come out pretty fast. I got this episode 12 hours after it was release in Japan. So basically I get new eps around 4:00 PM Tuesday. I watch mine at watchanimeon.com. They seem to be very fast at posting new eps.

Speaking of which, the final OVA of Black Lagoon is out. Just waiting for the sub version now. LOL

• June 27, 2011 at 3:08 amKamion

It’s funny how easy people who read the VN but try not to spoil anything can be identified in these comments.

Really, next episode will be awesome. As will the whole next arc. Depending on Show Spoiler ▼

• June 27, 2011 at 4:39 amTriangle MAN

They cant just kill tuturu for the shock value there has to be some overpowered spectacular awesome mega reason behind it because tuturu is the reason 99% of the people watched this show in the first place.

• June 28, 2011 at 8:43 amYupp.

WHAT THE FUCK?!

That is all.

• June 28, 2011 at 9:31 amYupp.

Do not read the spoiler if you really do know what to do what will happen to the ENTIRE story. Forgive my spelling and grammar and what not. LAST WARNING! NO NOT CLICK UNLESS YOU WANT TO KNOW WHAT WILL HAPPEN TO THE ENTIRE STORYLINE!!

• June 28, 2011 at 9:32 amYupp.

Oops. *Do not know want to know

• June 28, 2011 at 9:25 pmpmt

@Yupp you forgot the main twist, which is the motto of the series: “最初のお前を騙せ。世界を、騙せ”
      That is the climax of Steins;Gate, I tell you, when the corrupted video received on the first chapter is finally revealed, Show Spoiler ▼

• June 29, 2011 at 12:01 amKansokusha

Spoiler tag doesn’t exist. Just delete it already. =\

• June 28, 2011 at 11:45 amKratos

Kitaaaaaaaaaa!!

• June 28, 2011 at 9:12 pmpmt

This is going a bit fast but overall sticking to the VN, that’s good.
    Moeka was destined to be the bitch since its the worst character of the story. That’s why there’s no ending for her. Also IMO the whole FB thing is a serious fail of the plot but well…

• June 28, 2011 at 10:09 pmchaos

202 comments! New World Record!

• June 29, 2011 at 12:06 amKansokusha

The ferry to hell has arrived. Onboard everyone! Need episode 13′s review NOW.

• June 29, 2011 at 5:53 amValamor Kragon

Just a thought, moeka warned okarin earlier on the street a few days before or so. I think she has some slither of humanity left in her; she hesitated to kill mayuri. I think in the long run even she may end up being in danger. If not she is still hot either way XD; oh and anyone take note of the second John titor aka suzuha? Thats been bugging me like hell. One said they went to year 2000 the other said they didnt and didnt have any intention of going. Time Paradox or one suzuha failed and was killed? what do you think?