Nichijou – 13 »« Nichijou – 11

Nichijou   12   28 Nichijou   12   29 Nichijou   12   30
Nichijou   12   31 Nichijou   12   32 Nichijou   12   33
Nichijou   12   34 Nichijou   12   35 Nichijou   12   36
Nichijou   12   37 Nichijou   12   38 Nichijou   12   39

「日常12」 (Nichijou 12)
“My Ordinary Life 12″

It seems that the best time for the worst things to happen only occur on those days that seem just a little too perfect. So on a really nice sunny day, it’s not too surprising that Yuuko manages to somehow forget the precious worksheet that she actually finished. With the usual flurry of insane backdrops combined with Yuuko’s many different faces, the thing that had me laughing so hard every time just has to be the way she accentuates all the different tones during her emotional moments.

Technically, I’d have to thank Honda Mariko for providing such an amazing performance every time she lends her voice to Yuuko’s character. Even though she may be a relatively new seiyuu, a character like Yuuko is a perfect outlet for her to really portray her talents. Between having very high and low points, Yuuko’s character stands out as one of the more memorable ones all thanks to Honda’s skill.

After looking past the main cast of characters, it felt great getting a chance to watch a handful of side characters make their presence known. It never gets old watching Tachibana blow away the goat loving Sasahara with some sort of fire arm! But the funnier skit had to be watching Annaka discover just how rigged a carnival game ended up being. It’s bad enough that the vendor stated things were fair, but it was a bit too much to watch him freeze up and act as if Annaka had done something wrong. Like I’ve said before, in a world where being odd is the norm, it’s hard to watch Annaka try to be the opposite of that (which would be normal) only to get handed an even worse situation. But it’s really funny.

In a battle between two immature children, who would win? The louder one of course! My mouth nearly hit the floor when Nano finally decided to use some of her wit on Hakase. While I had my doubts about whether or not Hakase would actually take off her screw, I thought Nano had finally won after she was bold enough to take Hakase’s snacks. But with an illogical person, logic sometimes isn’t good enough to win. Thus you revert to the original argument winner — yelling!

With the show reducing the amount of completely random humor in favor of something more structured, I find myself being able to follow along without getting lost in the process. With skits focusing on how annoying someone can be when they won’t just shut up or how losing something during a trip can completely kill the mood, it just seems like Nichijou is easier to watch. I hope things keep on going on like this!

June 23, 2011 at 10:38 am
  • June 23, 2011 at 10:51 amteisey

I really enjoyed the Annaka skit, as well as the Nano/Hakase ones, as always. I enjoyed this episode until the end, and I’d have to say it was my favourite so far.
    I hope it continues this way as well.

• June 23, 2011 at 11:04 amWill

I wonder what it is about Yuuko that attracts all those strange animals the talking bird specimen, the overly aggressive deer, and now the reassuring dog. All hilarious. I love how 90% of the skit is her not wanting to go outside but as soon as she does some kind of strange event happens that she cant share with anyone makes her earlier struggles seem pointless. Love this show.

• June 23, 2011 at 12:07 pmkarry

Reassuring dog ? I’m always thinking that dog means to say “Yep, sucks to be you, you’re a real loser all right.”

• June 23, 2011 at 2:54 pmZero

bro-dog. That’s my story, and I’m sticking to it.

My caption for that?
      “I know that feel, bro.”

• June 23, 2011 at 8:46 pmWill

U guys really dont see it? That is a “Ganbatte” pose 100%.

• June 23, 2011 at 9:29 pmShirt

lmao

• June 23, 2011 at 11:04 amXin

I have no idea why, but that little skit of Hakase giving her business card to Sakamoto cracked me up.

The Yuuko-centric stuff still isn’t really doing much for me, but worth rolling with as I typically enjoy most of the other characters’ antics. More of Mio’s sister please!!!

• June 23, 2011 at 11:26 amSkizzit

Yeah, the Sakamoto/Hakase one was brilliant. Sakamoto’s completely dumbfounded reaction was perfect.

• June 23, 2011 at 11:42 amTakaii

Quick culture tip: In Japan, when you exchange business cards, it’s a very serious event. There’s a lot of little quirks involved, and a business card itself is supposed to hold significance.

With Hakase though, I dunno wtheck that was supposed to be. xD

• June 23, 2011 at 11:22 amMad_Dog

“Tachibana blow away the goat loving Sasahara with some sort of fire arm!”

this didn’t sound right at all! >.<

Anyway still loving this show! It's no Lucky Star but still by far the best anime this season!

• June 23, 2011 at 11:35 amPeepQ

It was left on such a cliffhanger!

• June 23, 2011 at 11:49 amKinny Riddle

Before she did Yuuko, Honda Mariko had another lead role as loli Student Council president Kurimu in Seitokai no Ichizon.

The previous Mai x Yuuko yuri vibe was mainly due to Mai trolling (though that didn’t stop yuri fan art of these two from appearing).

Now we get another in Mio x Yuuko, when Mio compared Yuuko to Sleeping Beauty but without waking up with a kiss, only to realize how embarrassing that remark actually was as it sounded like she WANTED to give Yuuko a wake-up kiss.

• June 23, 2011 at 11:51 amKinny Riddle

Oh, besides Honda Mariko, her Seitokai no Ichizon co-star Togashi Misuzu also rejoins her in Nichijou as the trolling Mai.

In Seitokai, Togashi voiced the spunky twin Minatsu, a large contrast to the silent trolling master that is Mai.

• June 23, 2011 at 12:07 pmNekore44

This was a very enjoyable episode! I laughed so hard at the random dog that just showed up in the hall way, and on Annaka’s skit. Hakase was adorable as usual!

=^.^=

• June 23, 2011 at 12:59 pmDelta-P

It’s not everyday that you see a FN P90 in an anime. :D

• June 23, 2011 at 1:06 pmShirt

She busts out something new each time!

• June 23, 2011 at 1:12 pmShirt

Hakase’s inventions are best! I love the backpack idea!

Hakase turning the crank for the awning was classic. Favorite scene by far. <3

• June 23, 2011 at 1:46 pmjingoi

Everything involving Misato (overthetop tsunderes annoy me) sucks to me.
    This ep was great, much better than the last 3.

• June 23, 2011 at 8:40 pmSoiyeruda

The joke is that she is an over the top tsundere. The firearms are really just there to make that notion that much more obvious.

• June 23, 2011 at 1:48 pm1Lau

Pokerfaces all over this episode :P

• June 23, 2011 at 2:43 pmrasone0104

ITS TIME FOR AN ALL OUT ATTACK!

• June 24, 2011 at 4:15 amCharles (^-^)

you forgot to mention the funniest part….

when she loses her wallet her facial expression of i lost all hope was awesome XD

• June 24, 2011 at 8:31 amZaku Fan

Annaka’s part is when youthful innocence meets hard reality. Don’t trust shopkeepers!

Nano shows some “anger” when her “plot” fails and the Prof shows she’s ready to drink cinder at 8 years old.

Mio’s both into yuri and BL! Yuri field with Yuko!

Have to give props for Yuko on making a paper crane that small even if she didnot catch the vibe on what to make in the first place.

• June 24, 2011 at 1:35 pmlaaa

lol p90

• June 24, 2011 at 1:40 pmLololo and Lalala

she’s blushing because it’s so small

• June 24, 2011 at 6:29 pmLen

i Doubt this would ever end -__-

• June 24, 2011 at 7:03 pmDan

The Yuuko poker-faces killed me.

• June 26, 2011 at 12:00 aminnerchihiro

Good episode!
    But I didn’t get the end of the episode where Mio blushed so much. Was Yuuko saying “why didn’t you kiss me to wake me up?”
    Anyway, my only complaint is that I want more Mio and Mai screen time!! Yuuko is way too prominent for my taste and I don’t find her as funny frankly. I like the responsible people getting into ridiculous situations better.