Kami nomi zo Shiru Sekai – OVA »« Kami nomi zo Shiru Sekai II – 11

Kami nomi zo Shiru Sekai II – 12 (END)

Kami nomi zo Shiru Sekai II   12   01 Kami nomi zo Shiru Sekai II   12   02 Kami nomi zo Shiru Sekai II   12   03
Kami nomi zo Shiru Sekai II   12   04 Kami nomi zo Shiru Sekai II   12   05 Kami nomi zo Shiru Sekai II   12   06
Kami nomi zo Shiru Sekai II   12   07 Kami nomi zo Shiru Sekai II   12   08 Kami nomi zo Shiru Sekai II   12   09
Kami nomi zo Shiru Sekai II   12   10 Kami nomi zo Shiru Sekai II   12   11 Kami nomi zo Shiru Sekai II   12   12
Kami nomi zo Shiru Sekai II   12   13 Kami nomi zo Shiru Sekai II   12   14 Kami nomi zo Shiru Sekai II   12   15
Kami nomi zo Shiru Sekai II   12   16 Kami nomi zo Shiru Sekai II   12   17 Kami nomi zo Shiru Sekai II   12   18
Kami nomi zo Shiru Sekai II   12   19 Kami nomi zo Shiru Sekai II   12   20 Kami nomi zo Shiru Sekai II   12   21
Kami nomi zo Shiru Sekai II   12   22 Kami nomi zo Shiru Sekai II   12   23 Kami nomi zo Shiru Sekai II   12   24
Kami nomi zo Shiru Sekai II   12   25 Kami nomi zo Shiru Sekai II   12   26 Kami nomi zo Shiru Sekai II   12   27
Kami nomi zo Shiru Sekai II   12   28 Kami nomi zo Shiru Sekai II   12   29 Kami nomi zo Shiru Sekai II   12   30
Kami nomi zo Shiru Sekai II   12   31 Kami nomi zo Shiru Sekai II   12   32 Kami nomi zo Shiru Sekai II   12   33
Kami nomi zo Shiru Sekai II   12   34 Kami nomi zo Shiru Sekai II   12   35 Kami nomi zo Shiru Sekai II   12   36
Kami nomi zo Shiru Sekai II   12   37 Kami nomi zo Shiru Sekai II   12   38 Kami nomi zo Shiru Sekai II   12   39

「サマーウォーズ」 (Samaa Woozu)
“Summer Wars”

There’s only one thing I’ve wanted to really see happen this season, and I’m so happy to see that it somehow managed to happen right at the very end. Like, it literally happened within minutes before the episode ended.

But before I get to what really rocked my mind, did the character design of Yotsuba bother anyone? I couldn’t get my mind off of how badly drawn and out of proportion her character design was. Sure this could have been a great way to show how Keima actually doesn’t care for a girl’s looks but more for their personality, but her design still bugs me. I swear it has to be something with how she looks so off when she’s standing next to Keima.

Besides watching Keima play the best dating sim ever and have a fierce mental battle that literally transcended time, there wasn’t too much to this episode except for the one thing I really want to talk about but will focus on in the final impressions. The one thing I really did enjoy was Elsie finally getting a ton of screen time to just be herself. It would have been great if there had been a fire truck or two somewhere throughout the episode but getting a glimpse of all the girls Keima has captured was a nice touch.

Kami nomi zo Shiru Sekai II   12   40 Kami nomi zo Shiru Sekai II   12   41 Kami nomi zo Shiru Sekai II   12   42
Kami nomi zo Shiru Sekai II   12   43 Kami nomi zo Shiru Sekai II   12   44 Kami nomi zo Shiru Sekai II   12   45

Final Impressions:

What I’ve wanted so badly, ever since Keima started questioning it after Chihiro’s arc, was for him to have some sort of realization that the real world still has its redeeming qualities. Sure the girls may not be perfect and the routes may have slight variations, but when I heard him actually acknowledge that the real world with all of its problems still has an ideal route somewhere I nearly fainted.

The reason being that I originally was put off with the premise with this show back in season one. A guy who lives and breathes dating sims and has no respect for real girls? Without Divine’s gentle nudge toward watching this show, I probably wouldn’t have picked it up. But watching how much Keima’s changed since he was first introduced to us feels like a reward in itself.

At the same time, it’s still fun to watch Keima be himself and activate that God of Conquest mode to capture those loose souls. With the formula for a capture being different for each girl this season, it really fledged out Keima as a character while demonstrating his crazy ability to adapt to just about any girl out there. It’s like you have the perfect guy in theory right there, except he’s not interested in actually dating the girl!

To balance Keima’s insane personality, Elsie provides just the right amount of stability and guidance. Sure she may be ranked as a lowly demon but her drive to be the best she can be makes up for her lack of book smarts. Plus she’s super cute at all times and never fails to bring a smile to my face (especially when a fire truck comes into play). While there weren’t as many Elsie-centric episodes, the few we got never felt out of place. Not to mention that it became clear that she really likes Keima. I remember feeling bad for her when she noticed Haqua’s feelings for him. Since even with all the progress he’s made, Keima still doesn’t see the most important thing around him.

At the end of the day, this second season of Kami Nomi was great. The boring moments that season one had were completely removed and replaced with episodes full of interesting plot developments. The girls who needed to be captured were all very different from one another, each providing a different challenge for Keima to overcome. Which in the end, helped him realize that the real world isn’t as bad as he thought it was.

I’m actually a bit sad to watch this show come to an end! With what I can only guess was a quick run through all the girls who Keima will need to capture in the future, I can only hope that a third season will appear in the future. In the mean time, I suppose Baka Test 2 will help fill that gap since the main character Akihisa is also voiced by none other than Shimono Hiro.

June 30, 2011 at 7:00 am
  • June 30, 2011 at 7:01 amlaaa

• June 30, 2011 at 7:04 amlaaa

took me 3 years to get this spot
      Hell Yeah!
      Very nice season but I liked first season more cosz it focuses on girls more…

• June 30, 2011 at 7:57 amSoiyeruda

Technically, Haqua could count as a capture, so there’s 4 girls for you.

• June 30, 2011 at 7:58 amSoiyeruda

edit: Not literal capture, but she’s pretty much fallen for Keima, :x

• June 30, 2011 at 7:58 amTehJawknee

Lame.

• July 1, 2011 at 6:02 amRichard

I don’t know why this comments annoys me so much :(

• June 30, 2011 at 7:08 amPronas

Dat Manglobe tease in the end. I hope we do have a third season…

• June 30, 2011 at 7:11 amanimeluv04

second! Wow, it was a good season 2. There better be a season 3!

• June 30, 2011 at 7:15 amSmuglord

Lololol I think Yotsuba’s design was a parody of Key’s designs for their visual novels(Air,Kanon) which generally feature girls with huge eyes and high noses. This seems even more likely when you factor in how this whole episode was one huge parody fest:D

• June 30, 2011 at 7:26 amKurofaise

You do realise her appearance is a parody of the ‘Kanon’ style? It’s very much intended and I found it hilarious. As a whole the episode was great and the series as a whole was spectacular; actually better than the first season imo.

I really hope we get S3 D:

• June 30, 2011 at 9:47 pmYuumei

Hahaha, the character design is probably the only reason I haven’t watched Kanon yet. :p

• June 30, 2011 at 7:27 amgawrshness

hey is it just me or the second girl in the epilogue looks kinda like Ohana?

• June 30, 2011 at 7:38 amKushieda

Yesh, she does, but it’s the Shogi player. I really want to see a season 3, there are so many great girls to be captured and

• June 30, 2011 at 7:40 amNyaa

the one you’re talking about is the swimmer girl. The shogi player comes after Tenri.

• June 30, 2011 at 7:46 amKushieda

You’re right. I was going from memory not the screen shot. Looking at the screenshot though I see he meant the Junior high swimmer. The Shogi girl does look a little like Ohana too though.

• June 30, 2011 at 7:33 amcybersteel

Gundam ZZ part was awesome and we got to see Tenri too XD!!! Hope for third season.

• June 30, 2011 at 6:42 pmGambler

The Gundam and Key references were so awesome. The only thing that puzzled me was I thought Keima already knew about Yokkyun instead of being introduced to it.

• June 30, 2011 at 7:39 amNyaa

Tsukiyo, Sumire, Tenri, what’s-her-name kid and her grandma….I APPROVE. Overall I agree with you, this second season was so much more enjoyable than the first. The drama no longer feels overly stretched and forced to fit the 24-min time limit, cutting the crap level by half. And Keima, once I get past the disappointment that he would never be as badass as in the manga version, is so much more adorable that I fine his moe powers exceeding a lot of the heroines’.

• June 30, 2011 at 8:01 amKushieda

I know, there are so many great girls coming up!

I really hope season 3 gets through at least half of these!

• June 30, 2011 at 9:59 amShirt

As a viewer who hasn’t read any of the manga, I’m probably more excited than you guys. I have no idea what to expect from these girls outside of the initial introductions in the ending. Can’t wait~

• June 30, 2011 at 2:32 pmrandom

I started reading the manga after they said there wouldn’t / might not be a season 3 and it is amazing. I’m not usually one that likes manga either, but the humor was still there and Keima + the girls is still awesome.

• June 30, 2011 at 7:39 amLuke

Elsie with her hair down = win.
    Also, it was nice they used the first season’s OP as the ED with partial similar animation.

• June 30, 2011 at 7:40 amjrj

nice season 2… and thanks for the posts :)
    though I got to say, I still like OP from season 1 the most :3
    and is it just me or what Keima said at the end sounds like a hint for the show to “end” in the potential season 3? I am quite confident that there will be a season 3 with all the 5 new girls, but it would be really sad if it really become the final season :()
    hope things are well, and looking forward to baka test 2 :)

• June 30, 2011 at 7:41 amnasadigital

• June 30, 2011 at 8:46 ambobon721

Don’t just ignore the other character in the image. It’s possible the old woman is the Capturing God’s real target. If I remember it correctly, that arc is just for laughs and some lessons.

• June 30, 2011 at 9:14 amLoL

• June 30, 2011 at 7:42 amJhacks

TWGOK for me is neither very special nor a bad anime, but there is something (or maybe someone) about this show that makes me wanting for more.

What’s next “Kids??”

• June 30, 2011 at 7:48 amKushieda

Yes and no. If you really want to know and spoil that entire capture, She’s a Show Spoiler ▼

• June 30, 2011 at 7:43 amSkiks

The ending gave us a nice glimpse at the girls he’ll capture in season 3 if there is one. I hope it happens.

• June 30, 2011 at 7:44 amKushieda

did the character design of Yotsuba bother anyone?

Her character design was a parody of Key like @Smuglord and @Kurofaise mentioned. The point of the horrible design was 2 fold
    1. Emphasize that Keima loves people for who they are, not what the look like, or their social status. We see this first with the girls he conquers. He isn’t put off thinking he has to conquer tomboys, oujo-san, poor girls, book girls, or even the Show Spoiler ▼

. The only problem he has is with the “difficulty” of the route, not the actual girl.
    2. Just to be funny. I loved how Haqua said “no one would use such a poor character in a game!”

• June 30, 2011 at 8:02 amSoiyeruda

Personally didn’t care for Kusonoki’s arc (generic tsundere with generic issue is generic) but once Chihiro and Jun’s arcs rolled by, I definitely enjoyed this season more than season 1.

Hoping for a season 3. Hope epilogue wasn’t just a teaser, especially since Kami Nomi could easily be created into a longer series given the format. (unlikely, but possible)

• June 30, 2011 at 8:03 amMrTerrorist

I gonna miss this anime. Can’t wait for the OVA and season 3!

• June 30, 2011 at 8:03 amTehJawknee

So the episode itself was an inner war of the ages. That made me laugh quite a bit. Seeing the different looks Keima has within was just classic. The cameo from all the girls thus far made me appreciate the first season as well as looking forward to the next season. Though that might not be the case…

It would suck if that were to happen.

• June 30, 2011 at 8:10 amSmuglord

Well, it’s Manglobe’s second highest selling anime after Samurai Champloo in Japan….Manglobe anime isn’t particularly popular in Japan though, for some reason…/:

• June 30, 2011 at 10:22 amZnail

I had also heard that, but if it’s the second best they have done then I don’t see why they wouldn’t continue. As long as they aren’t getting a net loss so would it be fine. But I guess it’s up the TV company if they want to keep buying the series.

• June 30, 2011 at 8:06 amTakaii

Yeah, I know that it’s a parody of Key’s character designs. The thing is, as much as I love Key, I didn’t enjoy this for some reason :/

• June 30, 2011 at 9:48 amShirt

I could only smirk at the thought of how fugly her character model was. lol

• July 1, 2011 at 1:21 pmAniC

The point is that it was not supposed to be enjoyable. I cringed every time I saw her because I am a heartless bastard, and then laughed.

• June 30, 2011 at 8:30 amLuxorcist

Did anybody notice the Girl Who Leapt Through Time screen? The title’s even on the left side.

• June 30, 2011 at 8:34 amoutcast

Firetruck stickers in elsies bedroom

• June 30, 2011 at 8:46 amEvident

I giggled to myself when I saw the ‘Girl who Leapt Through Time’ reference. After this episode I watched Steins;Gate as well, so the whole going back in time had me smile.
    And yes, the series doesnt sell very well, but they HAVE to have a season 3. They can’t just put all those teasers. And after Tenri/Diana things get waaaay better Show Spoiler ▼

• June 30, 2011 at 8:47 amInvalidData

I thought this season was great ;D The season allowed the main characters to develop more, and in turn made the anime better! The first season was great, but I feel this season has it beat :3

I do like it how they’re breaking up the seasons instead of doing it all at once. The manga is able to develop further and the story doesn’t get boring, which is possible as the story is the same… Show Spoiler ▼

• June 30, 2011 at 9:13 amIronRaptor

I have to say, this NEEDS a third season as much as I need air, food and water. The sad thing is, is that if they cut it now they cut it just before the series really picks up steam in a certain arc (which manga readers know what I’m talking about.)

Thanks for the blogging Takaii, I’ve been enjoying getting your takes.

• June 30, 2011 at 9:17 amLoL

If they are going to make a third season I doubt it will be out anytime soon. It has to be about the actual arc of the manga, and is far to be finished yet.

• June 30, 2011 at 10:26 amZnail

There is enough manga out for a season 3, 4 and 5 so no need for them to wait. If they had been really smart so should they just have kept going as that would have kept more viewers.

• June 30, 2011 at 2:38 pmLoL

Well, a third season with the same developement as the 2 before… I prefer the manga to finish the actual arc and then make a new season based on that.

• June 30, 2011 at 6:00 pmRyougaZell

How would you justify doing such arc when some characters haven’t being introduced?

• June 30, 2011 at 7:42 pmLoL

When an anime adaptation has been loyal to the original manga? If they were going to make another season it would be a fail if they keep the course of the 2 previous seasons. Another season should focus on another arc with more plot.

• June 30, 2011 at 9:21 amLoL

• June 30, 2011 at 9:29 amDusk

Everyone! Please don’t forget that there’s an OVA that will be bundled with vol 14, coming soon.

• June 30, 2011 at 9:31 amKim_Pine

Just to let everyone know, a third season is very unlikely at the moment. Season 2 sales were in the shitter, and the whole animation team has since broken up. The director himself said that another season is unlikely, but if the OVA, to be released in September, does well enough, they may get lucky.

• June 30, 2011 at 10:36 amPeepQ

I just died inside

• June 30, 2011 at 5:24 pmnghtmrsrph

That’s actually not 100% true, season 1′s BD and DVD sales were the ones that did horrible. Season 2′s first disc will come out on July 27 according to the official page.
      Hopefully people will buy the BD/DVDs this time…

• June 30, 2011 at 9:48 amrasone0104

Extremely strong finish to this seasons ..
    I really didnt expect this seasons to end in such a strong manner..
    THe part where Keima says that if there is an I deal route in games
    there might also be one in real life just pure epicness!
    ~with everything said and done lets move on to the next season

• June 30, 2011 at 9:52 amAvalanche

Even if we do get a third season, it looks like they are going to try and fit five girls into about twelve episodes. So that would leave about two episodes for the first four, one for the introduction of Haqua’s partner/buddy, and the last three episode will either all be for the final capture, or it’ll be like the past two seasons and the last episode will be fun and goofy.
    Conclusion: Season 3 would be rushed to death.

Lets just hope that the OVA helps some of these problems.

• June 30, 2011 at 9:56 amShirt

(especially when a fire truck comes into play)

LoL Anyway, I enjoyed the first season a lot but this one was definitely better (as it should be!). Elsie was excellent throughout the captures and it was more than a treat to see her jealousy when Haqua came around (x-rated simulations and all). The next season will be just as enjoyable, I’m sure. Especially if there are fire trucks. lol

I’m looking forward to the new opening song they choose. The first two were brilliant.

• June 30, 2011 at 10:07 amValdor

Shimono Hiro does a great job, but for some reason I can imagine Fukuyama Jun as Keima as well. Also, with 5 new girls in a possible third season, how can they fit them all in 12episodes? Hopefully, that means season 3 will be longer :)

• June 30, 2011 at 9:51 pmYuumei

I can see this too. Originally, I thought Jun would’ve matched perfectly and I didn’t like Keima’s voice when I heard it, but it’s really grown on me and I think it’s perfect. :D Hard to not see Keima when I hear Shimono Hiro in other stuff though…

• June 30, 2011 at 11:18 amLeaker

well there will be indeed a season 3… announcement will be made after the OVA on september… technically, it will be placed on fall/winter line up 2011. you have my word on that… and i dont lie + there is an article in certain mag on fan letters where someone asked wakaki about what is the teaser on the last part of the anime he replied “anime season 3″.

god is good, god is wise.

• June 30, 2011 at 11:19 amLeaker33

god is good, god is wise.

• June 30, 2011 at 2:00 pmHenDarou

Sad to see the series come to an end. This episode wasn’t exactly my favorite, with an irking feeling everytime I saw Keima’s “perfect” dating sim girl. I guess it was a hint to Key, with their great stories, but, at least in the beginning, subpar art…

Oh well, here’s to hoping that there will be another season!

• June 30, 2011 at 3:58 pmlkaze

Last episode, a user told me there will not be season 3. According to him/her, this has been confirmed in the author twitter. I have a link here, which is in japanese. Use the google translator to find out what is written.

• June 30, 2011 at 5:04 pmIzaak

So….should you start reviewing the manga chapters now Takaii? There’s talks about how there won’t be a 3rd season.

• June 30, 2011 at 6:43 pmAl

There were some fire truck stickers in Elsie’s room if that counts lol.

• June 30, 2011 at 8:19 pmBlakWmgz89

• June 30, 2011 at 8:41 pmFlappy

BWAH!!! Whats with the tease of the next few girls?!? I really want to watch the swimming girl arc… Come on Third Season!! This was a rather nice way to end the second season, it is nice to watch the previous girls make an appearance.

• June 30, 2011 at 9:58 pmYuumei

Really enjoyed this season! It answered a bunch of questions I had from the first one and it was definitely even more enjoyable than the first. I was hesitant to pick this up last season, but I’m glad I did because it delivered entertainment every episode.

I also enjoyed this last episode and seeing Keima’s progress. I would really like to see him fall for one of these girls, or at least be upset about one of them forgetting him. Having the opening from the first season was really a treat too! Can’t wait for a third season if there is one. :D

Also, thank you so much for blogging this show, Takaii. I quite enjoyed reading your post each week. :)

• June 30, 2011 at 11:01 pmBreedo

I’m only peeved Ayumi had to share her cameo time with Chihiro lol, I was a bit shocked at key’s art style too when i first saw clannad but moreso when i watched air and kanon. Watched in that order. I guess it desensitized me cause Yotsuba didn’t really phase me. Actually her simple demeanor was more of a noticeable. Her character was on another wavelength lol. I thought the big build up when he bougth the game in the cheap bin seemed out of place when you take his reaction this episode seemed rather like “well i bought it i might as well play it”. I guess that was foreshadow for the viewers/manga readers.

• July 1, 2011 at 12:28 amthenewhorde

thanks for this Takaii. I enjoyed watching TWGOK and seeing another fan’s opinion and views after the episode. I was also rewarded by the ending that I rewatched Keima’s ending speech 3 times before I closed my media player.

• July 1, 2011 at 2:36 amamado

as I said before, keima’s true love is yokkyun.

but the girls I like are still the following:
    ayumi
    kanon
    shiori

this season was pretty good. I think they should make next season(and the upcoming) be two-cour.

• July 1, 2011 at 2:56 amCroosboy

I think s1 end > s2 end.(period)

• July 1, 2011 at 4:26 amLen

Manga says it won’t end just yet -___- :))
    LET’S WAIT FOR SEASON 3 AND 4 PEOPLE

• July 1, 2011 at 6:23 amHagiri

So there is talk that TWGOK might possibly not get a season 3 due to poor DVD/BD sales ?
    I guess that’s the reason why it wasn’t on the summer preview.
    They already showed the characters that are to be captured in the next season so they better make 1.
    And the 3rd season is the season where it starts to pick up.

• July 1, 2011 at 1:12 pmAniC

You thought her character design was supposed to be good? I’ve lost all faith in your abilites, XD

• July 1, 2011 at 5:27 pmaero

Diana and Vulcanus in the next series. Along with the swimmer, the ramen and the ghost. Is it me or does the ghost look less frightening?

• July 2, 2011 at 9:07 amSPIRAL

One of those shows this season that people would overlook simply because of the plot and it being the second season. I really hope that they get into the third season, although the girls in it wouldn’t be as interesting as the girls in the first two seasons. Or at least from what I feel in the manga.

Good work with the series.

• July 2, 2011 at 1:32 pmBaroks

Keima Who Leapt Through Time LOL!

• July 3, 2011 at 9:32 amIronicTales

I’m pretty sure S3 is going to be shown but in the meanwhile I’ll treat myself to some awesome TGOWK manga since I haven’t started

• July 3, 2011 at 11:03 amSnicket

Hm, this episode was done a lot better then i thought it would be. I may even be as bold as saying that it was done better then the manga version. Then again, it could be because they trimmed some of the pointless parts off.

As for season three…it’s possible. When however, is hard to tell. I’d like to say it will come in the same amount of time as it took season 2 to continue from season 1. However, as mentioned a few times before already. It all depends on how well the anime sells.

• July 4, 2011 at 4:15 pmDavid Herbert

There better be a season 3. They put so much hype in showing thus girls.

• July 5, 2011 at 2:49 pmdrzero7

If they ever do a 3rd season, they already confirmed the next set of capture girls.

• July 5, 2011 at 10:28 pmZero

OMG! This cannot be over yet! I am going through withdraws already. It’s like a drug I can’t live without! Even the manga is not enough to fulfill my enjoyment of this series.

• July 6, 2011 at 10:37 pmKuzame

Dang, ever since I finished watching season 2, it bugs me for even more.. Although I didn’t read the manga, but I just think there might be a possibility for those girls (in the end of s2) would appear as the heroine in the next season. If no.. still they definitely have to release the third season! :3

• August 2, 2011 at 6:07 amSaangi

Well, Season 2 was nicely done when compared to Season 1 and I can’t help waiting for Season 3 and 4 to come out especially when Keima’s capture become more mindjacking and awesome in nature like Jun Nagase’s.

As for your guess, my answer would be that you should watch the OVA and Season 3′s Tenri’s Arc(There had better be one since Keima’s captures are getting waaay epic from season 3 onwards). Since these two episodes hint the current arc in the manga and since they are the game changing Arcs.

If you really want to know then…

Damn why do we have to WAIT?!?!?

• August 10, 2011 at 8:22 amNathaniel

hopefully the anime will continue. the actual plot development will appear on the 4th or 5th season most likely. starting from tenri’s appearance, lots of things will happen.