Naruto 546 – I Ain’t No Tool »« Naruto 544 – Deja Vu

Naruto 545 – It’s About Time!

Naruto Manga   545   01

Haha, okay, that was pretty awesome. Right after I said Naruto’s three-handed Rasengan is pretty gimped, he comes back with multiple no-handed Rasengans that he can spam like crazy. I just love eating my own words, if it means the story’s going to move in a direction that I’m hoping it would. The best part of it all is that it wasn’t one new technique that Naruto had adapted with his new form, but several ones that bring his versatility up to Sasuke’s level (…finally). It sure helps having demon chakra arms doing all the work for him, especially when it comes to pulling in enemies into a huge Rasengan that will rip them to shreds, but my favorite one was actually his ninja star-sized Fuuton Rasenshuriken.

I like the idea that he can potentially throw a lot of them at once, plus they’re not as obvious as the full-size one, nor an all-or-nothing one-shot deal kind of technique, regardless of whether he has a seemingly limitless amount of chakra now. Given the destructive force of the Rasenshuriken, it properly works well as a defensive technique to rip through enemies’ attacks too, making it one of the best new additions to Naruto’s repertoire. I can just picture someone like Sasuke flinging out shuriken or kunai, while Naruto counters with one-finger Rasenshurikens and slices them all to bits. Too cool, too cool. I honestly don’t recall the last time I’ve been so excited about seeing a character bust out a new technique (Kakashi’s Kamui comes to mind), though I gather having Naruto out of the spotlight for so long is a big part of it. The quick Gamahiro summon at the end just went on to show that Naruto’s abilities are second nature to him now. For the first time, he actually looks like a Kage-level ninja, simply because he isn’t fumbling over small fry White Zetsus and exudes confidence with the way he handles the situation.

As much as I enjoyed the action picking up in a big way, this chapter did remind me that poor Yamato’s been completely forgotten. Not only was he subjected to gruesome intelligence gathering techniques, his DNA housing the unique wood element was used to strengthen the White Zetsu army. The upside is that he is being kept alive for the time being, so a rescue should be in order at some point. Someone just has to tell Naruto that Yamato was captured while protecting him, then all hell’s going to break loose (in a good way for a change).

June 30, 2011 at 3:00 am
  • June 30, 2011 at 3:30 amprejsu

I can’t wait for this to be animated, it’s going to be just too awesome. How long till that happens? 2-3 months?

• June 30, 2011 at 3:50 amgoldoa

Well, knowing Naruto’s propensity for filler, it’ll probably be more like six months.

• June 30, 2011 at 3:30 amcybersteel

Naruto is at his peak now, can he become any stronger?

• June 30, 2011 at 3:39 amDude

No doubt he will. Naruto is too much of a cash cow to just let it end so soon.

• June 30, 2011 at 2:27 pmanonymous

naruto still has to completely tame/co-op with the nine tails to completely use its powers. right after naruto ripped the nine-tail’s chakra, the nine-tails started to charge up for a blast and naruto was amazed that he still had that much power left. that’s the next and should be final power up for him

• July 1, 2011 at 6:36 amTheGuy

Not to mention he could probably learn to use the nine tales power with sage-mode. A hint was given in ch.444 against Pain.

• June 30, 2011 at 3:32 amdefunkt_bots

i asked about Yamato-taicho a couple of weeks ago, but it seems even the populous of RC has no particular concern for captain wood.

seems like he’s just been glued to another clone and left to consider the total oddness of the situation.

but i guess that after all the trouble madratsuki went to in capturing him in the first place – i’m sure it’ll bust into something major soon, – possibly aimed at pinning kyu-bi chan naruto

• June 30, 2011 at 3:41 amDivine

Captain Wood. lol

• July 2, 2011 at 8:46 pmInvisibleZombie

lmao Captain Wood, You sir have just made my day. I can’t stop laughing at that XD

• June 30, 2011 at 4:09 amwally

wow, what time do you usually sleep divine? this is a late post!

• June 30, 2011 at 4:55 amDivine

I took a nap after work (read: collapsed) and woke up at 1 AM to write this post.

• June 30, 2011 at 4:19 amXigma

I lol’d a bit on the part where he creates a mini rasen shuriken, then realized how awesome and powerful naruto is now, he has such control now that he can send out multiple rasen shurikens, even control its size, and without any clones. This is getting me excited, the climax (hopefully) of this war about to begin.

• June 30, 2011 at 5:50 amlookinawsome

we haven’t seen kabuto for awhile and he still has a ‘tump card’ and well tobi lol that dude probaly sitll goign tons of tumps cards left, it too early to be nodding head as naruto enters the battlefield :p it only day 2 plus no sasuke meaning something will be drag on till sasuke will arrive :D

• June 30, 2011 at 5:55 amKarmafan

I’ve always liked Yamato. I don’t want him to be a casulty of this war. Naruto has just got to go and save him.

On another note: After Hinata confessed to Naruto during the Pain arc has any mention ever been made of it since? They need to address that situation at some point and not be just a dropped plot point that never gets mentioned ever again. This isn’t Bleach ( So far no mention of Ichigo’s Dads past and what happened to Nell).

• June 30, 2011 at 5:56 amlookinawsome

One more awsome thing i like to point out as well WTF!! THAT just soo awsoem and just came out of no where :S lol about how Hashirama Senju’s wife is from the Uzumaki clan!!! i was always keep thinking how would naruto relataed to the story Madara told (origin of the 6 sage) and was going on about the Uchiha and Hashirama, guess this is just to tied the story up neatly but i do hope there will be more explanation in the future!!! omg that would be so awsome if naruto learns some sealing techniques or something that his clan is known for! ^_^
    *sorry for maybe the misplet just still excited after reading it*

• June 30, 2011 at 10:45 amDivine

That isn’t new though. Uzumaki Mito was introduced back in chapter 500.

• June 30, 2011 at 6:04 amRyuuzaki21

naruto’s new techniques are badass! wait! is that how ninja moves are supposed to be? nevermind, this chapter gives me goosebumps after a long time.

• June 30, 2011 at 6:52 amYgard

Wait, what.

Killerbee said that Naruto would die if he used too much Kagebushin, isn’t ? and yet, he created at least 15 of them…

*sigh*

• June 30, 2011 at 7:16 amTez

15 doesn’t seem like too many when he can normally make like a hundred.

• June 30, 2011 at 10:08 pmplatue

That was because he had just had just grabed the Nine Tail’s chakra. They explained it like a trade, Naruto could use his charka but the Nine Tails would slowly absorb him. The eight tails said that Bee and himself where past that stage in there connection. It seems that Naruto and the Nine Tails are starting to get past it too.

• June 30, 2011 at 7:05 amTez

Rasengon Shasmangon! I wanna see an upgraded Uzumaki Rendan!!

No seriously… one of the reason I like Narato as a main character is that he so overwhelmingly NOT OP. I loved that he always had to improvise to keep up with his peers/opponents. I’m sure once he gets to the likes of Sasuke we’ll see some real innovative tricks.

• June 30, 2011 at 7:05 amBass.EXE

As much as I liked the little rasenshuriken, I still thought it was really funny that little chakra arms came out of his fingers to make it

• June 30, 2011 at 5:55 pm0927123

made me lol too

• June 30, 2011 at 7:15 amTez

15 doesn’t seem like too many when he can normally make like a hundred.

• June 30, 2011 at 8:31 amInvalid Data

I like how he still does the Rasenshuriken in the same manner as he usually does. Although he doesn’t need to make clones with his chakra armour now, he still creates two miniature fingers either side to stabilise and manipulate the chakra.

• June 30, 2011 at 9:21 am6pathsofpain

Although I really liked seeing Naruto in action, especially the reportoire of new technqiues he now possesses; I’m somewhat saddened that sage/sennin mode is now redundant. I mean, in sage mode Naruto; had enhanced strength and speed; have sensory abilities using nature chakra; and could unleash a whole bunch of cool techniques such as Rasenrengen and the thrown Rasenshuriken. But with the addition of fox chakra mode, essentially also those abilities and more can be done at a greater level. :(

• June 30, 2011 at 12:15 pmlolwut

lol wat? This chapter was lame. That unoriginal move impressed Divine? Narutards, I swear.

• June 30, 2011 at 2:37 pmlol

get out of here troll

• June 30, 2011 at 8:43 pmAzul Flamed Samurai

I can’t wait for Naruto to use all 4 fingers at once to completely annihilate anyone in his way with mini rasenshirikens. As epic as this is why doesn’t Naruto just use Sage Mode instead of wasting sooo much chakra doesn’t the Fox consume his real chakra for however long he’s in flash-fox mode?

• June 30, 2011 at 10:00 pmPM63

Epic. :D

• June 30, 2011 at 11:00 pmCroos

Muu pawa!!

• June 30, 2011 at 11:05 pmLectro Volpi

Hashirama Senju: Y U No Stop Disrespecting My Memory!?

Hashirama´s cells now available at Wal-Mart near the Sharingan section.

Naruto showed some promise and I am expecting a lot from him.

• July 1, 2011 at 3:50 pmanimeE

lol

• July 1, 2011 at 1:50 pmdeRu

eso son brazos o las colas del zorro que le sale a naruto??

• July 2, 2011 at 12:10 amLectro Volpi

Colas con forma de brazos.

• July 1, 2011 at 8:15 pmOtaku_Brawler

Glad to see Naruto busting out some major moves, but he made such a stupid mistake. He is not suppose to clone himself too much or the fox demon will devour more of his chakara and kill him or leave him incredibly weak for period of time. I so see Madara taking that window of opportunity to get Naruto or Bee defends Naruto and Bee gets taken instead. AUG!

• July 1, 2011 at 10:04 pmLemona

my thoughts exactly!!
      I was browsing the comment to see if anyone still remembered this vital weakness of using bunshins while in that mode

• July 2, 2011 at 8:09 amDeleteJX

Seeing Naruto do this, makes me happy. finally a nice power up for naruto and a sweet new form.
    lol @ defunkt_bots with Captain wood xD
    I wonder what their really doing with Yamato.. hope we find out soon

• July 2, 2011 at 9:34 amLineage

Naruto’s new mode with all those hands is really consistent, at least literally, with ‘Senju’ which translates to a thousand hands. Coincidence? Hmm

• July 2, 2011 at 2:12 pmPikachu

All I can say is that this is going to be more awesome once it’s animated.