Hanasaku Iroha – 17 »« Hanasaku Iroha – 15

Hanasaku Iroha   16   16 Hanasaku Iroha   16   17 Hanasaku Iroha   16   18
Hanasaku Iroha   16   19 Hanasaku Iroha   16   20 Hanasaku Iroha   16   21
Hanasaku Iroha   16   22 Hanasaku Iroha   16   23 Hanasaku Iroha   16   24
Hanasaku Iroha   16   25 Hanasaku Iroha   16   26 Hanasaku Iroha   16   27
Hanasaku Iroha   16   28 Hanasaku Iroha   16   29 Hanasaku Iroha   16   30
Hanasaku Iroha   16   31 Hanasaku Iroha   16   32 Hanasaku Iroha   16   33

「あの空、この空」 (Ano Sora, Kono Sora)
“That Sky, This Sky”

I can vaguely remember an episode that focused on Enishi, but that one pales in comparison with this week’s. While he may outspoken and looked down upon by others, it is quite surprising how invested he can get when something’s on the line. I’m sure it helped a whole bunch that Okami gave him her approval for his movie project, and when she went as far as giving him full reign over it, it started to feel like Enishi was changing into a different person.

Without that gloomy aura floating around him, Enishi becomes a really likable character. Not only is he the one directing others around (as he should be), but he’s doing it without having a power trip. With his own thoughts, and not other people’s flowing out of him, I couldn’t help but feel that his new sense of authority somehow managed to put the reins on Takako’s insanity. It was a surprise to hear that they had went to college together, since it normally feels like the two are miles apart. However, it finally makes sense why Enishi tries so hard to keep Takako around, right?

I don’t know about you guys, but I had this feeling in the pit of my stomach that this Isami Tetsuo would end up being a fake. Even after the film crew and actors started to flood in it was hard to believe that things were going so smoothly. I’m sure we’re in store for a bunch of laughs when Ohana and Nako (maybe even Minko) make it on screen. Still, I’d love for my suspicions to be washed away and the movie that features Kissuiso to be a bit hit, but the doubts are still there. I still don’t remember Isami introducing the director in person and with Enishi having so many personal conditions for the movie; wouldn’t it be crazy if he was actually the director?

So that’s where the preview sounds came from! If there’s one thing that this show does well, it’s leaving us hanging for more with really good cliffhangers. I’m going out on a limb and assuming the camera was panning on Okami’s office, which would lead one to believe something serious may have happened to her since I think it’d take a hell-storm to stop her from providing stellar customer service. But if you try to draw information from the preview, it looks like next week’s episode focuses on none other than Takako. You know, she originally came off as a character I thought it’d be okay to hate. But for some reason, she didn’t give off with that arrogant vibe. It could have been Enishi’s renewed enthusiasm or it could have been that one of her ideas are actually working, but it looks like we’re going to get some more back-story on her next week.

Hanasaku Iroha   16   Preview 01 Hanasaku Iroha   16   Preview 02 Hanasaku Iroha   16   Preview 03
July 18, 2011 at 3:11 pm
  • July 18, 2011 at 3:20 pmhaga

i wonder what kind of Movie you can make about an Inn and servants getting shot, Ohana getting shot looked pretty real :P

• July 18, 2011 at 3:21 pmhaga

for anime that is

• July 18, 2011 at 3:39 pmDJd

I hate to say it, but I really have a bad feeling about next week…. I also don’t think this movie project will go super-well….

• July 18, 2011 at 3:41 pmn0216332

it seems like maybe they are filming for a horror movie, and that is not the image kissuiso wants… maybe… just judging from the second preview pic…

• July 18, 2011 at 3:43 pmBreedo

Minko finally kicking back a bit. Nice. That movie guy with the beard just fits the stereotypical tell em what they wanna hear so we can do what we want later type of guy. They’ll be breaking away from the typical if everything works out in the end but this show has suprised me a few times so far. Fun! I love a show that keeps you guessing the right way.

• July 18, 2011 at 3:56 pmdrcnch

I just want to know what in the world Ohana and Nako were doing with those brooms. When I saw that, I just started laughing so hard.

• July 18, 2011 at 8:06 pmLuxorcist

Hahahaha I know right?

• July 18, 2011 at 10:53 pmTez

Agreed

• July 18, 2011 at 4:13 pmKTNO

Finally this show is getting really good since the end of the first part.
    Ohana don’t annoy me anymore and it feel nice 8)

I think it’s a good thing that she hasn’t been the main character since 3-4 episodes :)

• July 18, 2011 at 4:15 pmShimapan

Enishi being the direction is impossible else this wouldn’t be happening. He wanted to be the husband didn’t he?

Now the phone call at the end might be bad news. Something along the lines of the director thought it wasn’t a good location to do the movie sorry. Than Enishi would make his own movie as we saw that he made a short film in high school or something about his sister and how he said that the director quit and every one else wanted to quit. Now if everyone heard that the director didn’t want to film at that location it will be the same situation that Enishi mentioned and I believe he would take action with his own hands as he saw what happened. He also didn’t want the other inns’ help so he would take responsibility.

• July 18, 2011 at 4:18 pmKTNO

Yeah the phone call at the end while everybody is having fun kinda reminds me the proverb “calm before the storm”

• July 18, 2011 at 4:43 pminfo600

I’m surprised that Ren-san can’t seem to get over his “peer pressure issue”…

screencap: Nako, did you got distracted?
    NSFW screencap: Show Spoiler ▼

• July 18, 2011 at 5:31 pmKinny Riddle

What’s with Ohana and Nakochi riding the brooms? Were they perhaps thinking they might do a Kissuisou version of the Deathly Hallows?

Oh and for some reason, this shot of Nakochi got me fawning.

And don’t get me started with their wet clothings shots afterwards. Though true to PA Works’ style, they were hardly revealing at all.

• July 18, 2011 at 5:39 pmGorillafunk

The shot of Ohana and Nakochi riding the brooms was hilarious haha

• July 18, 2011 at 8:09 pmLuxorcist

Harry Potter in my anime? YESSS

• July 18, 2011 at 8:30 pminfo600

that’s Strike Witches to you, sir (did not made it up…)

• July 19, 2011 at 10:17 amPasser-By

i thought that was some Kiki Delivery Service reference…

look at the first 5 secs

• July 18, 2011 at 5:36 pmZeruFenrir

It was mentioned a while back that Takako was a college friend of Enishi.
    No comment on his inferiority/admiration complex for his sister?

• July 18, 2011 at 7:25 pmSerapita

I think he may actually be a sis-con >_>

• July 18, 2011 at 5:40 pmAndre

“I had this feeling in the pit of my stomach that this Isami Tetsuo would end up being a fake”

Yeah, I had that too. I was like “this guy just want to stay in the inn for free for a few days”. Hahaha. But he ended up being a true movie producer.

• July 18, 2011 at 5:58 pmKarmafan

Japanese love scary stories (see Nurarihyon no Mago). I was kinda wondering if the movie is going to be about a haunted Inn or something along those lines? Maybe even a serial killer at an Inn killing guests?Enishi is a born loser and him getting a movie made at his Inn has to have a negative side if he is involved. This of course would make folks NOT want to go to an old Inn with some history to it.

• July 18, 2011 at 6:40 pmBabyChooChoo

Maybe it was just me looking for something that wasn’t there, but it felt like we got a small hint at the idea Takako actually cares for Enishi more than is shown. After this week’s episode, it’s hard to see her as a ‘bad person’ so I’m hoping they run with that and something good happens next week, preferably between her and Enishi.

Also, first they make Minko and Ohana naked wrestle each other in the bath and this week they put them along with Nako in wet, white t-shirts. If P.A. Works ain’t the biggest (but still somehow very classy) tease, then I don’t know who is.

• July 18, 2011 at 6:42 pmBabyChooChoo

Also Yuina is spirited away and Ohana is murdered so next week episode will be at least somewhat interesting lol

• July 18, 2011 at 6:41 pmMM

i agree but who knows maybe the movie will turn out bad and become a comedy but then again… i cant say that cause of the second pic for the next episode. Either way i cannot wait how things will turn out :)

• July 18, 2011 at 6:59 pmfragb85

Apparently we are now in Hanasaku Iroha: The Twilight Zone. Because now we have Enishi and Takako acting serious and (GASP!) COMPETENT. Even Jirou seem to have caught on and seems really serious getting to write for the movie.

The phone call at the end was pretty ominous though.

• July 18, 2011 at 7:49 pmAndre

Initially I thought: “OMG, they’re calling to inform the death of Ohana’s mother”. LOL.

• July 19, 2011 at 7:14 pmsealouse

You know i also thought that. Weird.

• July 18, 2011 at 8:11 pmShirt

The actress was stunning. Was she based off one of the seiyuu or something? I thought she was beautiful- totally would’ve clammed up like a certain chef.

• July 18, 2011 at 8:26 pmLuxorcist

I thought the whole premise of filming at a place to attract tourism was similar to the real life situation of Anohana, but then I realized Okada Mari writes for both.

But still… anyone think they’ll make the upcoming film-inside-a-show into an ova with the Kissuiso staff? It’s the perfect opportunity to do what Ghibli did with The Cat Returns and Whisper of the Heart.

• July 18, 2011 at 8:31 pmewok40k

hmmm… “The wedding massacre at Kisuiso” anyone? makes me think something along the lines of the start of Kill Bill…
    Other than that, that phone ringing was really ominous. Damn cliffhangers!
    And girls playing in the pool was fun!
    Enishi definitely looks different when spotlight gets on him. There is a side of him we dont know of. What could have happened if Satsuki didnt run away from Kisuiso, and he was capable of pursuing his dreams of moviemaking?

• July 18, 2011 at 9:02 pmLilian

I’m going to assume the broomstick scene was a homage to the end of Harry Potter.

• July 18, 2011 at 11:36 pmLuxorcist

I thought so too, but is Japan big on Harry Potter? I might be underestimating Japan because it’s anime-centric. On the other hand, HP is pretty popular all over.

• July 18, 2011 at 9:50 pmThe M0on DOgg

Youthful nubile girls in white wet shirts… *nosebleeds*

• July 19, 2011 at 12:28 amLoL

OMG Miss wet shirt party!

Fuck yeah!

• July 18, 2011 at 9:56 pmAniC

I think that even if it turns out to be a horror or action movie, that would still boost the Inn’s popularity. I would totally stay in the hotel from the Shining, it’s an amazing place.

• July 19, 2011 at 12:01 amLoL

I realized something really curious when I watched this episode. When Enishi and Takako are talking in the room while she types in her computer, one of the two posters next to the window have written in spanish “El espíritu de la colmena” (The spirit of the beehive). It’s a spanish film from 1973, the first of the three long films of Víctor Erice. It’s set in a remote village in Spain in 1940, 1 year afer the end of the Spanish Civil War.

This explanation can spoil the film if you pretend to watch it but it has sense why a reference of this film is in the episode. You are warned.

The image in the poster is this one

So this small tribute and all those pieces of Enishi’s past have sense and tells more about what the director/producer wanted to tell. I guess we are seeing how Enishi will finally be free from his chilhood and can really be himself.

• July 19, 2011 at 12:07 am3242

Am I the only one to think that the phonecall at the end was a possible customer that ended up being ignored becuase of the movie, and there were several more, and then the movie is cancelled and kissuiso ends up in a fix..?

• July 19, 2011 at 1:01 amThe M0on DOgg

Offtopic: Divine! From which show is your current banner?

• July 19, 2011 at 2:23 amdeafvader

The phone… the phone was ringing…. think something went wrong with the movie, for kissuio to solve their financial problems now would be wrong. plot-wise, either kissuio solves their problems near the last ep or kissuio closes which would explain why Ohana is seen on a train possibly back to Tokyo

• July 19, 2011 at 6:28 amKarmafan

Idealy I would love to see the Grandmother retire and give the Inn to Ohana’s mom and she takes over as the manager with Ohana as the next generation to run the Inn after her. The wimpy son clearly will never be true manager material. I bet at some point he leaves with Takako to start their own life somewhere else.

• July 19, 2011 at 4:50 amlucci

lol the Harry Potter ref. killed me

• July 19, 2011 at 6:39 amewok40k

possible reasons for phone ringing:
    -movie cancelleed or otherwise goes wrong – maybe moved to that shiny new big hotel over the hill
    -Okami-san health goes from bad to terminal
    -something bad happened to Satsuki
    -someone has bought all the kisuiso debts and is trying hostile takeover or forcedly close it down

• July 19, 2011 at 1:27 pmKaza

It’d be pretty funny if that second screencap in the preview wasn’t due to special effects on Ohana.

• July 19, 2011 at 10:06 pminnerchihiro

Loved the Kiki reference LOL especially the fact that Nako got into it too. :D
    A little scared for next week though after that ending…

• July 20, 2011 at 4:24 pmOdeus

OMG I wish I hadn’t seen that image from the preview. I hate spoilers. :P
    I would be willing to bet it’s part of the movie.

• July 22, 2011 at 2:55 pmZetribe

Broom scene very sureal like something out of Nichijou. Very funny.

• July 25, 2011 at 11:12 amjreding

I really enjoyed the pool cleaning scenes for the light-hearted summer feeling they conveyed, in particular Ohana just running around with her broom for fun. I also think this was animated very good. The broomstick-riding was good as well. Honestly, I don’t care much for the plot as long as there are enough of these relaxing scenes to watch!