Baka to Test to Shoukanjuu Ni! – 04 »« Baka to Test to Shoukanjuu Ni! – 02

Baka to Test to Shoukanjuu Ni! – 03

Baka to Test to Shoukanjuu Ni   03   01 Baka to Test to Shoukanjuu Ni   03   02 Baka to Test to Shoukanjuu Ni   03   03
Baka to Test to Shoukanjuu Ni   03   04 Baka to Test to Shoukanjuu Ni   03   05 Baka to Test to Shoukanjuu Ni   03   06
Baka to Test to Shoukanjuu Ni   03   07 Baka to Test to Shoukanjuu Ni   03   08 Baka to Test to Shoukanjuu Ni   03   09
Baka to Test to Shoukanjuu Ni   03   10 Baka to Test to Shoukanjuu Ni   03   11 Baka to Test to Shoukanjuu Ni   03   12
Baka to Test to Shoukanjuu Ni   03   13 Baka to Test to Shoukanjuu Ni   03   14 Baka to Test to Shoukanjuu Ni   03   15
Baka to Test to Shoukanjuu Ni   03   16 Baka to Test to Shoukanjuu Ni   03   17 Baka to Test to Shoukanjuu Ni   03   18
Baka to Test to Shoukanjuu Ni   03   19 Baka to Test to Shoukanjuu Ni   03   20 Baka to Test to Shoukanjuu Ni   03   21
Baka to Test to Shoukanjuu Ni   03   22 Baka to Test to Shoukanjuu Ni   03   23 Baka to Test to Shoukanjuu Ni   03   24
Baka to Test to Shoukanjuu Ni   03   25 Baka to Test to Shoukanjuu Ni   03   26 Baka to Test to Shoukanjuu Ni   03   27
Baka to Test to Shoukanjuu Ni   03   28 Baka to Test to Shoukanjuu Ni   03   29 Baka to Test to Shoukanjuu Ni   03   30
Baka to Test to Shoukanjuu Ni   03   31 Baka to Test to Shoukanjuu Ni   03   32 Baka to Test to Shoukanjuu Ni   03   33
Baka to Test to Shoukanjuu Ni   03   34 Baka to Test to Shoukanjuu Ni   03   35 Baka to Test to Shoukanjuu Ni   03   36
Baka to Test to Shoukanjuu Ni   03   37 Baka to Test to Shoukanjuu Ni   03   38 Baka to Test to Shoukanjuu Ni   03   39
Baka to Test to Shoukanjuu Ni   03   40 Baka to Test to Shoukanjuu Ni   03   41 Baka to Test to Shoukanjuu Ni   03   42

「僕とあの娘とぬいぐるみっ!」 (Boku to Ano Musume to Nuigurumi!)
“Me, That Girl, and a Stuffed Animal!”

Now that’s what I’m talking about. Instead of fun adventures with friends during summer break, it seems the new semester has already started. I really had my hopes up when I saw Class F’s crappy classroom full of junk that this show would start bringing out all the things that made me love it so much during its first season. While I feel a little let down with all the strange topics these first few episodes have covered, I have to admit that they’ve been pretty interesting.

Sometimes, I wish I had an identical twin to deal with all my problems. It sure would be nice to have someone I could unload all my extra work or problems onto. For those who don’t remember, Hideyoshi has an older twin sister named Yuuko, who happens to be the definition of a perfect honor student. While she obviously has numerous flaws that she’s not willing to accept, which drives this strange skit, I can vaguely remember her having feelings of disdain toward everyone in Class F, especially Akihisa. Hopefully that little glimpse at just how amazing Akihisa and Hideyoshi can be was enough to change her opinion a bit.

Then again, it has to be pretty tough to dislike Akihisa. Yes, he’s pretty stupid and his logic sometimes make no sense, but watching him try his best to help complete strangers could make even the coldest people smile. I thought it was pretty clear who Hazuki’s older sister was, especially since they share the same hair and eye color. But even without noticing the connection, Akihisa’s drive to get that stuffed animal was really impressive. Plus, we finally learned what made Himeji fall for Akihisa in the first place!

While I could say that the first half was rather bland compared to Baka Test’s usual humor, it’s these kinds of skits that really help bring the viewer back into the swing of things. Given how there’s been a large gap of time between when the first season aired and now, I suppose I should be happy that these mandatory catch up episodes are at least fairly interesting. Plus, who can complain when there’s a bit of Class F and their FFF brigade whipping up some mischief?

But what really made the episode worth watching was the ferocious return of Nishimura “Tetsujin” Souichi! Probably one of the scariest teachers to ever make it on-screen in an anime, he wasted no time making sure he dominated the latter half of the episode. I don’t know about you, but it’ll never get old watching him put the smack down on Akihisa. While he may or may not deserve most of the harsh treatment he receives, I’m just waiting for the moment his hit points drop to zero, bringing out Tetsujin and the wrath of his supplementary lessons.

Baka to Test to Shoukanjuu Ni   03   Preview 01
July 24, 2011 at 9:05 pm
  • July 24, 2011 at 9:14 pmamado

its quite a nice change of pace for a while. its kinda hard to find comedies who dont have heartwarming moments then completely shatter it with a comedic joke/action.

and I loved hidyoshi and yuuko. having identical fraternal twins is always better even if its not twincest.

• July 24, 2011 at 9:18 pmjz

Finally, the origins of his pimp nature

• July 24, 2011 at 9:18 pmJason Isenberg

Someones sister has the hots for Aki ;)

• July 24, 2011 at 9:31 pmZangkin

Who else feels like they can tell the difference between Hideyoshi and his sister? There’s just this difference that I see even if they switched places. Also who liked the background music during the filming with Akihisa and Yuuko watching it?

• July 24, 2011 at 9:36 pmzem

The lightbulb nodded along with Yoshii, and the bucket on Tetsujin’s head had an angry face. Thins like that are why I love this show.

• July 24, 2011 at 10:00 pmPen3

Aki is the biggest idiot, but he gets all the girls lol

• July 24, 2011 at 10:27 pmdeafvader

Is this really how Himeji fell in love with Akihisa? It could be a just “oh, a nice person” and not “I love that guy”. And they knew each other from elementary school, so it could be there and then too.

• July 24, 2011 at 10:43 pmdeafvader

Take my words back. She probably thought Akihisa was a pedophile and was stalking following them just in case. As seen in picture 40, she was smiling and thinking “what a relive, that girl is save from his hands!
      So… Still wondering how Shimada falls in love with Akihisa… they both seem to hate each other guts. Well maybe, Shimada likes his guts thats why she’s always trying to kill disect him.

• July 25, 2011 at 5:43 amamado

wasnt it established that she fell for him in the 1st ep of the 1st season when he risked his test(not like it would make a difference…) for her when she was sick?
        she probably started admiring him when he gave hazuki that stuffed toy then developed into love when he was worried about her in the 1st ep.

• July 24, 2011 at 10:39 pmlHyDrAl

“It has to be pretty though”, tough*, just nitpicking,first sentence of the 3rd paragraph. :P

• July 24, 2011 at 10:42 pmThe M0on DOgg

Aki just gets dumber the more girls fall for him. AND EVEN HIDEYOSHI YUUKO? D: He’s worse than Negi Springfield!

• July 24, 2011 at 10:45 pmdeafvader

You are wrong there, no one can beat Negi, 10? 11? and has at least half his class after him… imagine him when he grows up and becomes an “English Gentleman”…

• July 25, 2011 at 12:39 amDamrod

Half his class? More like his entire class and some more!

• July 26, 2011 at 4:10 pmSilver

Negi? Are you joking?! He’s a natural pi*** I mean gentleman! Bad ass, gentelman, smarts, cuddly cute, and if you look at his handsome dad and beautiful mother, he’s a looker when he grows up. He OWNS! Negi is in a totally different league I think. He’s more or less in the same league with characters like Hayate (the butler).

• July 25, 2011 at 12:09 ambaltar

It’s nice that they finally explained the backstory about Hazuki’s sister. When she was first introduced, the narrator said they would explain why she called him her “idiot husband”, but they didn’t in the first season.

• July 25, 2011 at 1:33 amRickyMack

they didn’t explain it because the series is based off a set of light novels. i forget how the narration structure is in the books, but i’m just guessing that it was probably similarly said the situation would be explained in the novels, and then the actual story wasn’t given until a later novel.

• July 28, 2011 at 4:01 pmHanon

I was really happy to see that backstory too :) It brings out the nice side of Akihisa >u<

• July 25, 2011 at 3:40 amc2710

love the shaft like appearance of the series

• July 25, 2011 at 6:21 amLinkark

Akihisa, you really are an idiot. Selling the books you stole and in top of that showing your ID. No wonder the Tetsujin is mean to him.

• July 25, 2011 at 6:36 amRinkun

Spoiler about Himeji fell in love with Akihisa

• July 28, 2011 at 1:16 pmznail

Just like stupid Akisha to forget something important like that as well :P

• July 25, 2011 at 7:33 amlkaze

Anyone here thought the Q&A is the funniest? To be honest I’ve been following the light novel since the beginning. I have to say the Q&A between Akihisa and Teacher is one of the funnier moment in Baka. This really prove how stupid he is.

• July 25, 2011 at 8:30 amAex

It’d be nice is Yuuko was a little more human now instead of so stuck-up. Doubt it, but it’d be nice.

So Himeji was kinda a stalker back in the day lol! It’s funny how Hazuki and Minami are unknowingly half the reason Akihisa became labelled a full “problem student”. I like how Akihisa considers it worth the risk, though. Getting two sister just by being yourself… there’s a dream lol!

• July 25, 2011 at 9:29 amMasterDragonKnight

• July 25, 2011 at 11:45 amYuki

Hideyoshi is adorable~
    I had started reading the manga a while back,I feel like reading it again now..

• July 25, 2011 at 2:18 pmJake_W

I was told elsewhere that the scene where Yuuko (as Hideyoshi) was listening to Akihisa praise her originally had this line in the novels: ‘He’s pretty good looking, but it’s really a waste(referring to him as an idiot)’. I think it’s pretty obvious Yoshii’s harem has another member.:P

• July 25, 2011 at 3:17 pmP3t3r P4n

Funnier episode but seriously where’s the Awesomeness of last season!!!??(storyline?)

• July 25, 2011 at 3:41 pmNhelraios

Loved the second half. Aki is such a nice guy, he may be an idiot but he’s definitely a likable character.

Also, whats up with those mob again? I kinda forgot why were they chasing people.

• July 25, 2011 at 4:06 pmAex

They’re the “hopeless losers” of Class-F that make sure no one else in Class-F gets a girlfriend before them. They’ll chase down anyone that so much as gets a gift from a girl.

• July 25, 2011 at 5:32 pmNhelraios

Oh! lol thanks!

• July 25, 2011 at 6:40 pmOni

i wonder if yuuko is a new candidate for the harem

• July 25, 2011 at 11:21 pmJake_W

From what I’ve heard from people who have read the novel is…

• July 27, 2011 at 10:56 amAshen

Sounds like the new season is shaping up pretty well.

btw, if you don’t mind my asking: I wanted to go back and read the coverage of season 1 but for some reason I can’t find the entries! ;_; I-Is there something wrong? I really hope they weren’t removed…

• July 28, 2011 at 10:31 amZack

They hardly blogged about season 1 back then.

• July 28, 2011 at 10:37 amluis

Sounds like the new season is shaping up pretty well.