Ikoku Meiro no Croisée The Animation – 05 »« Ikoku Meiro no Croisée The Animation – 03

Ikoku Meiro no Croisée The Animation – 04

Ikoku Meiro no Croisee The Animation   04   01 Ikoku Meiro no Croisee The Animation   04   02 Ikoku Meiro no Croisee The Animation   04   03
Ikoku Meiro no Croisee The Animation   04   04 Ikoku Meiro no Croisee The Animation   04   05 Ikoku Meiro no Croisee The Animation   04   06
Ikoku Meiro no Croisee The Animation   04   07 Ikoku Meiro no Croisee The Animation   04   08 Ikoku Meiro no Croisee The Animation   04   09
Ikoku Meiro no Croisee The Animation   04   10 Ikoku Meiro no Croisee The Animation   04   11 Ikoku Meiro no Croisee The Animation   04   12
Ikoku Meiro no Croisee The Animation   04   13 Ikoku Meiro no Croisee The Animation   04   14 Ikoku Meiro no Croisee The Animation   04   15
Ikoku Meiro no Croisee The Animation   04   16 Ikoku Meiro no Croisee The Animation   04   17 Ikoku Meiro no Croisee The Animation   04   18
Ikoku Meiro no Croisee The Animation   04   19 Ikoku Meiro no Croisee The Animation   04   20 Ikoku Meiro no Croisee The Animation   04   21
Ikoku Meiro no Croisee The Animation   04   22 Ikoku Meiro no Croisee The Animation   04   23 Ikoku Meiro no Croisee The Animation   04   24
Ikoku Meiro no Croisee The Animation   04   25 Ikoku Meiro no Croisee The Animation   04   26 Ikoku Meiro no Croisee The Animation   04   27
Ikoku Meiro no Croisee The Animation   04   28 Ikoku Meiro no Croisee The Animation   04   29 Ikoku Meiro no Croisee The Animation   04   30
Ikoku Meiro no Croisee The Animation   04   31 Ikoku Meiro no Croisee The Animation   04   32 Ikoku Meiro no Croisee The Animation   04   33
Ikoku Meiro no Croisee The Animation   04   34 Ikoku Meiro no Croisee The Animation   04   35 Ikoku Meiro no Croisee The Animation   04   36

「水明り Eau et lumières」 (Mizu Akari)
“Water and Lights”

I didn’t like cheese when I was younger, but dipping it in soy sauce like sushi wouldn’t have made it any more appetizing to me. I don’t know how Yune was able to stomach it. Someone should really introduce her to melted cheese, which seems to be one of the easiest way to acquire a taste for it. Or better yet, she should just stay away from cheese altogether, since I’m a firm believer that Asian diets work well because fatty foods like cheese aren’t a part of them.

Four episodes in and we finally get a healthy dose of everything Alice Blanche. I absolutely love what she adds to the show with her Orient fanaticism, making her the Ryuuguu Rena that we’ve been waiting for. Not only does she say she wants to take Yune home, she tried to do so this very episode and even used Yune’s kimono to try and persuade the poor girl to stay. Alice clearly isn’t a bad person though — really spoiled and a bit selfish, but by no means bad. If Yune did decide to work for her, she probably would’ve had the most lavish lifestyle, which includes the daily baths she’s been doing without. Moreover, she would’ve been privy to a ridiculous amount of favoritism and become Alice’s best friend before long. Knowing that, I really wanted to see Claude’s feelings of inadequacy and uneasiness over the idea that Yune would leave Enseignes du Roy for a much better life in Paris.

Claude was so focused on materialistic value and didn’t give Yune the benefit of the doubt, so I loved his reaction when she showed him what Japanese loyalty and promises are all about. Oscar had no doubt that she would return, but Claude looked like he had already resigned to the idea that Yune would never come back. Granted, his surprise wasn’t as moving as I anticipated, nor was Yune’s hour-long prostration begging Alice to let her return home so that she could cook sukiyaki for Claude and Oscar, but both were still really touching moments to see. The same goes for Alice and Yune’s new-found friendship, and Yune’s decision to not take back her mother’s kimono for free so that Claude could fulfill his promise to her to get it back. Things may have ended off with Alice still plotting to make Yune hers, but she’s completely harmless as far as I’m concerned.

The next episode looks like it’ll feature the homeless boy who’s shown up in several episodes already. It should lead to some more scolding from Claude, which as unusual as it may sound, is something I like to see now and then. Like the bath scene here, whenever he gets upset about something Yune did, it tends to lead to some emotion-filled scenes while placing an emphasis on the cultural differences. It’s all part of a cute learning process for the both of them.

Ikoku Meiro no Croisee The Animation   04   Preview 01 Ikoku Meiro no Croisee The Animation   04   Preview 02 Ikoku Meiro no Croisee The Animation   04   Preview 03
July 24, 2011 at 8:25 pm
  • July 24, 2011 at 8:36 pmsalty

Alice = Victorique???

:O

• July 25, 2011 at 4:43 amCroos

by voice, yes. but shes has madoka’s high pitch voice(# sharp) near the end of every sentence.

• July 24, 2011 at 8:58 pmStigmata25

GOOD LORD! You didn’t like Cheese!?!

• July 24, 2011 at 10:13 pmDivine

Cheese and milk. Now I drink milk practically every day and everything that can have cheese is better with cheese.

• July 25, 2011 at 12:54 amPandorakun

Where I live, we get weird not-cheese like cheese, so when we were in Frankfurt this year, my brother had a terrifically similar reaction to Yune’s when he first sampled some lol

• July 25, 2011 at 8:06 pmdeafvader

Indian food has alot of cheese. Guess it’s because the Cow is a religious symbol thus milk and other milk related products is considered blessed or something. Indian food = cottage cheese in spinach. cheese roti prata…
        But there are different types of cheese. So it all depends on personal taste

• July 25, 2011 at 8:45 pmSalazar

What kind of cheese didn’t you like? Nobody likes American cheese as a kid.

• July 26, 2011 at 12:10 amDivine

All cheeses.

• July 25, 2011 at 4:45 amCroos

>.< cheese yuck. Cheese+ something sweet/salty =yum.

• July 25, 2011 at 7:35 amSerapita

If it’s some kind of McDonald’s cheese in the burger, I’m fine with it. But if it’s some kind of big roll of cheese, I feel they’re to smelly and almost unbearable to eat.

But for some weird reason, I don’t find Durian stinky at all while most of the world say otherwise.

• July 25, 2011 at 9:12 amcybersteel

Though I like them but if I eat too much it’ll give me a headache.

• July 25, 2011 at 8:02 pmGambler

I have tried many dishes from various cultures including intestines, dogs, frogs, fugu and cheese. Then there’s all the synthetic supplements I’ve taken when I work out. Powerbars tasted like sawdust in the beginning. But the one thing I have not been able to get past my mind is natto.

• July 24, 2011 at 9:08 pmcutemi2

Omelet du Fromage (100x)

• July 24, 2011 at 11:27 pmLuxorcist

Only in Dexter’s Lab.

…but this isn’t the place to talk about American cartoons.

• July 25, 2011 at 7:46 pmRichfeet

Then you should have have ignored the the obvious reference. Now I wanna talk about american cartoons too. Not!!!

• July 25, 2011 at 12:04 pmclubescar

?? does not mean anything in french !
      are you trying to say “omelette au fromage” ?
      “du” = “from” you don’t make omelette with cheese but with eggs (and add what you want, if it’s mushrooms it will be “omelette aux champignons”)
      sorry, I could not resist…

• July 25, 2011 at 7:50 pmRichfeet

But “omelette du fromage” sounds so funny. Why must you stifle humor? Why?

• July 24, 2011 at 9:11 pmcutemi2

another FANSERVICE for Alice and Yune, OMG!!!!

• July 24, 2011 at 9:57 pminnerchihiro

“It’s all part of a cute learning process for the both of them.”
    This is exactly what makes this show good.

• July 24, 2011 at 10:58 pmThe M0on DOgg

“…since I’m a firm believer that Asian diets work well because fatty foods like cheese aren’t a part of them.”

Ahahahah… No.jpg

• July 25, 2011 at 8:15 pmdeafvader

Yes. Curry comes from India. There is Coconut Milk in there.

• July 25, 2011 at 12:42 amZ_P

Claude is such a tsundere.

• July 25, 2011 at 4:58 pm0927123

Was about to comment about this too! lol

• July 26, 2011 at 4:05 pmSilver

Lol! Exactly what I was thinking. He’s actually pretty fun to watch as well.

• July 25, 2011 at 12:47 amGuardian Enzo

Tsun-dude…

I wasn’t crazy about Alice, as she seems very conventional to me compared to the rest of the characters and frankly, I don’t really need conflict or “plot” with this show. But I have faith in Hinata and in Ao Yuuki, so hopefully she’ll end up being a positive.

I just adore Yune and Claude though. Even if they aren’t a “couple” (yet) they’re the best pairing this side of Natsume and Nyanko-sensei…

• July 25, 2011 at 1:20 aminfo600

I have to ask, but when is the moé-teeth train stopping for this year?

ps. was gonna link more pics…

• July 25, 2011 at 1:23 aminfo600

fyi: the next moé look – the puff

/troll

• July 25, 2011 at 3:46 amSeishun Otoko

It always amazes me how westerners find soy sauce stinky but I guess Claude is slowing warming up to it. How can anyone not like Sukiyaki?
    Wonder if Yune brought some natto along with her too? ;D

• July 25, 2011 at 11:43 pmAngelMercury

I’ve never known anyone who thought soy sauce was stinky, but then I’ve never seen anyone go and smell it either… Sukiyaki is my Favorite Japanese dish. It’s sweet and salty, and becomes super yummy as the beef and veggies all season the broth… Mmm! I agree, how can anyone not like it!?

My question was how would she get mirin or make the dashi needed for it… (I guess she could substitute the mirin, but dashi is essential!)

• July 25, 2011 at 4:51 amCroos

I bet Yune is from a rich/average family. she already knows how to speak French and she needs some of those BATH(sorry I don’t know what kind of bath it is).

• July 25, 2011 at 7:37 amSerapita

She must be from a rich family or some noble family. Since she has a garden in her own house (big garden with miniature mountains, according to Oscar in ep.3) and her house has water well in it, which only Aristocrats can have.

• July 25, 2011 at 5:58 amMieu

Awww, was there not that much reaction between Camille and Claude here? To me that’s the most fascinating things about the manga so far.

• July 25, 2011 at 2:39 pmKuro

There’s romance in the manga between Camille and Claude?! must go read manga… (Its the funniest thing because my inner romantic was thinking throughout the past two episodes ‘wouldn’t they be cute together’)

• July 26, 2011 at 2:27 amnagi

“I’m a firm believer that Asian diets work well because fatty foods like cheese aren’t a part of them”

sorry to break your belief but… No. :D

• July 26, 2011 at 2:30 amnagi

oops I replied on the wrong thread.

anyway… Camille and Claude? HELL NO!!!! what about my Yune?? T_T

• July 25, 2011 at 7:37 amcutemi2

CV : マーク・カポンティエ

the french narrator voice of this anime.

• July 25, 2011 at 8:01 amn0216332

want moar oscar nampa action :(

• July 25, 2011 at 8:42 amjhpace1

Being lactose intolerant, I would have no problem with the “no dairy” diet of ancient Japanese culture. In this pre-WWI France it would be very hard for me, I would have to go on a restricted diet, as anything more than a few ounces of sharp cheddar is disconcerting. I’m glad the storytellers are not playing up the NEGATIVE aspects of a dairy-free diet.

• July 25, 2011 at 9:50 amlkaze

ahh, the cuteness of the anime character will always win the real girl. I can see that now Keima-kun

• July 25, 2011 at 5:05 pm0927123

I’m thinking, since Yune is rich and all and she’s not a maid. Could it be that she’s Claude’s future wife? Which Oscar arranged in Japan with Yune’s family; only that Yune and Claude doesn’t know.

• July 25, 2011 at 5:46 pmDude

Hell after all that’s said and done, Yune might probably BE aristocrat!

• July 25, 2011 at 7:30 pmCroos

Alice just got that Haruhi smile on her face.

• July 25, 2011 at 7:36 pmThe M0on DOgg

Yune: WAH! RORIKON!

• July 25, 2011 at 7:48 pmMD

Alice = First Weeboo eva ???

• July 25, 2011 at 8:13 pmdeafvader

I called it last ep! The “blackmail-bribe”. Voluntary Kidnapping. Lol
    @divine you didn’t have to take the screen shot of Yune pre-bathing. Kinda off puts me, since i dont watch this show for that stuff. And I don’t consider kneel bow for an hour to beg someone to let you home as harmless. kneelbow is an act of respect.
    Yune caused alot more trouble at Claude’s home and has not even kneel bow to that extend.

Alice, bad bad

• July 25, 2011 at 8:43 pmpurin

“Sorry Claude-sama, you can’t watch this ceremony, it’s only for Satanists. Now as I drain the blood from my finger into this tub of water…”

• July 25, 2011 at 10:45 pmStranger

Were I to walk in on her like that, I’d be going to Hell for very different reasons.

• July 26, 2011 at 2:27 amJX

Best Friend right? I can’t think of any reason for you to put fiend.

• July 26, 2011 at 4:32 amSkins Thunderbomb

Soy Sauce and cheese is actually delicious. :3

• July 27, 2011 at 12:52 amminikui

>since I’m a firm believer that Asian diets work well because fatty foods >like cheese aren’t a part of them.

The Japanese eat lots, lots, lots of fatty food nowadays (very fatty meat, fatty karaage, fatty tempura). More than in Europe imho. It is sometimes hard to find food that is not deep fried x_x

• July 28, 2011 at 10:38 amluis

Best Friend right? I can’t think of any reason for you to put fiend.

• July 30, 2011 at 7:13 amcutemi2

just wanna tell you that there’s an extra unaired episode, episode 4.5 is online and not yet blogged here.

• October 7, 2011 at 10:00 pmHana

Yune must be from a rich family. I can see that from her clothing; they’re all made of silk.

Bath houses for commoner in Japan were popular in big cities around the time. Rich houses had bathrooms, but even they preferred to go to bath houses, sometimes. They’re open from morning, but only rich people or old retired people enjoyed morning bath. Other people used water or luke warm water, left from one night before, if they wanted to take bath in the morning.

Farmers and non-rich people used to take bath in large wooden basin in their gardens (summer time) or in their house (winter time).

My dad used to live in a large old farmer’s house when he was a kid and remembers how owls hooted from the roof, when he’s taking bath alone XD