Yuruyuri – 07 »« Yuruyuri – 05

Yuruyuri   06   25 Yuruyuri   06   26 Yuruyuri   06   27
Yuruyuri   06   28 Yuruyuri   06   29 Yuruyuri   06   30
Yuruyuri   06   31 Yuruyuri   06   32 Yuruyuri   06   33
Yuruyuri   06   34 Yuruyuri   06   35 Yuruyuri   06   36

「あーと☆あーたー☆あーちすと」 (Aato☆Aataa☆Aachisuto)
“Art☆Arter☆Artist”

Wow, they won’t even let Akari have her short opening message anymore. This is really verging on trolling levels thanks to Kyouko. It’s one thing to joke about how Akari has no presence; it’s downright cruel to take it away from her. It’s probably not much reconciliation when everyone busts out”cute” (i.e. creepy) faces and Akari somehow winds up with a butt-ugly one. (I still wince every time I look at that picture.) On the plus side, she did get some attention playing with clay, even though it degenerated to another troll-fest before long. Poor Akari. It’s not even a figure of speech when I say the world is out to get her.

The highlight of the entire episode was undoubtedly Kyouko seizing an opportunity to finally get Chinatsu in a Mirakurun cosplay, which was all-too reminiscent of another pink-haired girl in Oreimo. Chinatsu even acted like a grumpy, chain-smoking alcoholic when Yui’s relative Mari (Uchida Maaya) was gone, much like Kanako did after she got off stage. The similarities alone made Chinatsu’s misfortune a lot of fun to watch, and Mari pretty much sealed the deal on it by getting disillusioned at the very end.

Unfortunately, I can’t say the same thing about Chinatsu’s drawings from hell. Some people may consider it art, but images of Kobayashi Yuu’s drawings came to mind. The first time I saw her drawings, I thought she was just messing with everyone to try and get a reaction out of them. Not too long after, it became painfully obvious that that’s actually how she draws and it wasn’t the least bit funny anymore. In fact, it’s pretty unsettling how a normal sweet-looking girl has a hand possessed by Satan. Much like Chinatsu, she instinctively draws with black and red too, making whatever she’s trying to draw look like a scene of a massacre. I still remember the look on the faces of other seiyuu who were on television specials with Yuu, which weren’t too different from Yui and Kyouko’s. A quick online search of “Kobayashi Yuu drawings” will show you exactly what I’m talking about. I really really don’t want to re-post her drawings. *shudder*

Drawings from hell notwithstanding, I love how Kyouko staked a claim on Yui in her doujinshi and provoked the jealous wrath of Chinatsu. It’s just too bad Chinatsu didn’t take Kyouko up on her offer to let her ravage her instead, because I already had some S&M yuri scenarios in mind. In lieu, I did get a kick out of Chinatsu’s bipolar personality when it comes to Kyouko and Yui. It’s an ongoing gag that the series has been playing up in the past while, but only now did it really emphasize how impure Chinatsu’s thoughts are. For those who have seen Seikon no Qwaser, she reminds me a lot of Hana and her aggressive stance toward Katja, except Yuruyuri has stayed clear of all the lesbian S&M (for the time being anyway). If Chinatsu’s fantasy was any indication, things can probably head that way fairly easily though. I’m sure she’d love the prospect of being (wo)manhandled by Yui. I wouldn’t be opposed to seeing it either.

* Amazingly enough, I only had one full-length shot to put together this week.

Yuruyuri   06   Preview 01 Yuruyuri   06   Preview 02 Yuruyuri   06   Preview 03
August 9, 2011 at 1:00 am
  • August 9, 2011 at 1:22 amNhelraios

Ugh, how horrifying .

What were they thinking handing over that figurine to Mari?!?

I have only seen Yuu Kobayashi’s drawing in SZS, but yeah I have to agree it was indeed beyond terrible.

• August 9, 2011 at 1:34 amFencedude

These are some exceptionally dirty minded girls. Just where did Kyouko learn about Haigure? And what else did she learn there?

Anyway, after last episode, its no surprise to learn that yes, Chinatsu is indeed rotten inside, but that makes her a far, far more interesting character than she was before.

And speaking of yuri S&M, my personal preference is Chinatsu dominating and mind-breaking Akari. Not that Akari might not have experience with that already…

• August 9, 2011 at 1:40 amx

Honestly, after last episode, how can anyone consider Chinatsu a “normal sweet-looking” girl. Finally getting her in Mirakurun cosplay was unexpected. At first I thought it was one of those things that would keep Kyouko obsessed till the end of the anime. Kobayashi Yuu’s drawings is getting her special attention as a VA, so I guess it works for her. Chinatsu on the other hand…

I love the preschool kids in this anime. First we had Himawari’s sister last episode, now we have Mari. Would love an episode that focus on these two :P

• August 9, 2011 at 2:23 amewok40k

lol @ drawings from hell…
    I love how Yui is only person trying to keep her sanity intact…
    And poor Akarin, gets even her starting scene taken away plus has her hairbuns “stolen”.
    My shipping pairings are set as Yui X Kyoko (after seeing the childhood sleepover scene) and Chinatsu X Akarin (after the forced kiss)…

• August 9, 2011 at 3:31 amamado

same for me. this ep gave me more proof for yuiXkyouko to happen. chinatsuXakarin is only jointly because it’ll get rid of an obstacle and I still dont really see the romance enough between them(even with the kiss, since it wasnt brought up).

and I found kyouko’s clay sculptures hilarious, both for akarin and chinatsu.

• August 9, 2011 at 5:01 amanon

Me too :D I’ve always liked the subtle bond between them although it gets swept under the rug pretty often whenever Chitose switches to full-mode fantasizing xD

AkarixChinatsu sounds only logical to me. They are often stuck together in the manga and in the anime.

Looking forward to the Yui/Ayano “date” next week LOL

• August 10, 2011 at 8:22 pmboiya

Ahhh, where can I buy an issue of Kyouko’s doujinshi of KyoukoxYui. Just goes to show that Kyouko has thought out such situations with her best friend. xD

• August 11, 2011 at 10:18 amewok40k

I bet at Comiket there will be Yuruyuri doujins in similar style…

• August 9, 2011 at 4:30 amJing Yi

Spreading legs…was hilarious! Especially when she doesn’t mind doing it for Yui.

• August 9, 2011 at 4:52 amMedoi

this episode….i guess it will make people like chinatsu even less.

approved of the yui/kyouko scenes this episode though! i have to admit, they do remind me of ritsu/mio

• August 9, 2011 at 4:54 amblub

Yui showed some Mio tendencies in this episode. When she got embarrassed in the beginning and when she hugged the pillow because she was so horrified by Chinatsu’s drawing.

• August 10, 2011 at 6:49 amMockman

Actually, I like Chinatsu more. She’s a little weirder but we finally got to see a bit of her personality as well. And I don’t know anybody who would go out in public dressed as Mirakurun the way she did. She deserves kudos for that even if she did rationalise it with her delusions. I think most adults would have groaned a bit once they thought Mari was out of the room.

I wonder what was in the drawings of hers that they didn’t show. The ones we saw were madness.

• August 13, 2011 at 4:01 amx

I know some people who would do that in public. Some do enjoy this stuff. I know even more who will gladly do this for kids (and not groan about it afterwards). :P Though I must say that they should give Mari more credit. I’m sure she would have understood and accepted it well if they told her the truth. Though I suppose it would be harder to force Chinatsu to dress as Mirakurun (Miracle-un?) without the excuse of tricking Mari. Then again, it might not, given how she reacted to Mari’s requests.

• August 9, 2011 at 4:57 amgawrshness

awww Mari was so cute, and the way Chinatsu acted really destroyed her image for me. I’m sorta disappointed that they left what happened last week alone. I mean normally speak considering what Chinatsu pulled on Akari, the poor girl should be terrified of her. Oh well still hoping to see the Onee-Chan in the remaining 6 episodes.

• August 9, 2011 at 5:45 amSeven

Ok, two things.Back in episode three the show kind of hit a serious note when Kyouko stayed over at Yui’s house for the night. It kind of had me thinking there might be something going on that was not a joke. Like why Yui’s parents would just let a middle schooler live by herself.

Secondly didn’t last weeks episode end with chinatsu kissing Akari. Seems like kind of an important point in the story, it was not even flash backed to this week.

• August 9, 2011 at 9:06 amTez

I think everyone wanted to forget that happened.

• August 9, 2011 at 5:50 amSoiyeruda

Couldn’t stop laughing at the drawings part. Also, looked up Yuu Kobayashi’s drawings. God that’s unnaturally creepy.

• August 9, 2011 at 10:35 amP Ko

I’s wrong of me to get turned on every episode ;<

• August 9, 2011 at 11:45 amMad_Dog

look at pic 28 and pic 25. Chinatu’s left shoulder looks like her left fist in 28.

• August 9, 2011 at 2:02 pmKou

The mods Kyouko made to Akari’s cat is quite scary. A few frames earlier than pic #20 you will find that the cat has human feet and hands. *shudders*

• August 9, 2011 at 2:08 pmFlamingYu

That cat is Kyubei’s child. /人◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
      Kyouko just saved Akarin from it.

• August 9, 2011 at 6:05 pmKayDat

lol mask. Reminds me of a time when we had a dress up Christmas party. A friend of mine printed out a photo of his own face and wore that as a mask.

• August 9, 2011 at 6:29 pmdeafvader

Seems all the character’s younger relatives are mature for their age. Chinatsu is a stalker Yandere

• August 9, 2011 at 10:56 pmbaltar

So I just noticed that there hasn’t been a single guy in this, not even in the backgrounds. They must be at an all girls school, since there are no guys in their class.

• August 11, 2011 at 10:19 amewok40k

pink shoujo ghetto ftw!

• August 10, 2011 at 1:08 amShirt

I’m not watching this show but this is just too good to pass up. I’m sold. Thanks Divine.

• August 10, 2011 at 11:17 amTakaii

I still can’t get over last weeks “I’m gonna rape you” face. Ahhh ><; <3

• August 12, 2011 at 5:27 amIronicTales

Thata… clay statue really messed me up

• August 14, 2011 at 11:16 amRobo-kun

I love the title of this episode.

• August 21, 2011 at 9:48 amDaryl

For some reason the 1st year look alot like Yui from K-on~ haha must be the hair color and red hair clips