Ikoku Meiro no Croisée The Animation – 07 »« Ikoku Meiro no Croisée The Animation – 06

Ikoku Meiro no Croisée The Animation – 04.5

Ikoku Meiro no Croisee The Animation   04.5   01 Ikoku Meiro no Croisee The Animation   04.5   02 Ikoku Meiro no Croisee The Animation   04.5   03
Ikoku Meiro no Croisee The Animation   04.5   04 Ikoku Meiro no Croisee The Animation   04.5   05 Ikoku Meiro no Croisee The Animation   04.5   06
Ikoku Meiro no Croisee The Animation   04.5   07 Ikoku Meiro no Croisee The Animation   04.5   08 Ikoku Meiro no Croisee The Animation   04.5   09
Ikoku Meiro no Croisee The Animation   04.5   10 Ikoku Meiro no Croisee The Animation   04.5   11 Ikoku Meiro no Croisee The Animation   04.5   12
Ikoku Meiro no Croisee The Animation   04.5   13 Ikoku Meiro no Croisee The Animation   04.5   14 Ikoku Meiro no Croisee The Animation   04.5   15
Ikoku Meiro no Croisee The Animation   04.5   16 Ikoku Meiro no Croisee The Animation   04.5   17 Ikoku Meiro no Croisee The Animation   04.5   18
Ikoku Meiro no Croisee The Animation   04.5   19 Ikoku Meiro no Croisee The Animation   04.5   20 Ikoku Meiro no Croisee The Animation   04.5   21
Ikoku Meiro no Croisee The Animation   04.5   22 Ikoku Meiro no Croisee The Animation   04.5   23 Ikoku Meiro no Croisee The Animation   04.5   24
Ikoku Meiro no Croisee The Animation   04.5   25 Ikoku Meiro no Croisee The Animation   04.5   26 Ikoku Meiro no Croisee The Animation   04.5   27
Ikoku Meiro no Croisee The Animation   04.5   28 Ikoku Meiro no Croisee The Animation   04.5   29 Ikoku Meiro no Croisee The Animation   04.5   30
Ikoku Meiro no Croisee The Animation   04.5   31 Ikoku Meiro no Croisee The Animation   04.5   32 Ikoku Meiro no Croisee The Animation   04.5   33
Ikoku Meiro no Croisee The Animation   04.5   34 Ikoku Meiro no Croisee The Animation   04.5   35 Ikoku Meiro no Croisee The Animation   04.5   36

「音楽会 Récital」 (Ongakkai)
“Recital”

Wow, if this bonus episode was any indication of what the producers were saving for the BD/DVD releases, I sure hope they have another one in store. This particular episode is slated to be released on November 25th with the third volume, but was streamed online for a limited time, saving me from a long four and half month wait. Featuring songs by both Tooyama Nao (Yune) and Macross Frontier star Nakajima Megumi (Anne), it depicted a bittersweet story about how music can span the globe and connect people. The song “To a Distant You” was left behind by Anne’s grandfather when he was separated from her Japanese grandmother because their relationship was frowned upon, and is beautifully sung by both Yune and Anne as the ending theme. The brief revelation on how Yune’s sister Shione (Noto Mamiko) likely learned the song from Anne’s grandmother put a really interesting perspective on things too, showing that the song managed to bring people together two generations later. However, as much as it instilled hope for future generations, I actually like how the song resonated sadness — a sentiment that Camille seems to share.

Camille’s relationship with Claude was recently hinted at in episode six, and while I already had the idea that it goes back to their childhood, it’s nice to get some visual confirmation. In relation, the flashback fits the suspicion I had about them being torn apart because of their difference in social status. I dare say I’m almost content with the “explanation” the song provided, since their situation was depicted in a way that mirrors Anne’s grandparents, but Camille’s approval of Anne living her life freely and only forming a bond with (i.e. marrying) a person she loves did leave me with hope that status differences won’t keep Camille and Claude apart forever. What’s more, rather than shooting down Anne’s ideals, Camille was in support of what she couldn’t do herself. From that, I didn’t get a sense that it was enough to make her go against her parents’ wishes, but I did get the impression that she may reconsider abandoning her own desires altogether. While I can’t say I’m really expecting much in the romance department, the subtle implication she made about birdcages in the sixth episode seemed to suggest that all of this isn’t in the past already.

Admittedly, I wasn’t sure what to make of this episode when it started out with Claude warning Yune about Bohemians. I was partly expecting Yune’s kindness to be taken advantage of again, so I was kind of relieved when Alice came into the picture with her Japanese fanaticism and suggested otherwise. Once that possibility was ruled out, I got completely absorbed in the songs — which included three inserts. Much like the normal ending theme, Tooyama Nao’s singing in Ikoku Meiro still surprises me with how different it is from Kanon in Kami nomi. It could very well be that I instinctively associate her singing with Yune here, but I’m tempted to say that her voice is much more suited for slower songs. In any case, hopefully we’ll see more episodes of this caliber in the upcoming weeks, because this one set the bar pretty high.

ED2 Sequence

Ikoku Meiro no Croisee The Animation   04.5   37 Ikoku Meiro no Croisee The Animation   04.5   38 Ikoku Meiro no Croisee The Animation   04.5   39

ED2: 「遠く君へ」 (Tooku Kimi e) by 中島愛 feat. 遠山奈央 (Nakajima Megumi feat. Tooyama Nao)
Watch the 2nd ED!: Streaming ▼

August 11, 2011 at 12:30 am
  • August 11, 2011 at 12:48 ammarolala

Great recap! Thanks, Divine. (: I’m looking forward to this episode but somehow, I don’t want Claude to end up with Camille…

• August 11, 2011 at 12:54 amdeafvader

that’s a sad thing to say

• August 11, 2011 at 1:02 ammarolala

Tbh, it feels like it’s one sided and from Camille’s end too. Oh, well. As long as Yune and Claude continue having their endearing brotherly-sister relationship, idrc about the rest.

• August 11, 2011 at 2:17 amliz

I agree all this talk about camile and claude…I don’t see it yes they had a childhood together but I get the feeling its more on camile side than claude. She is the one always referring to it. Claude on the other hanf avoids that family as much as he can and is happy with his life. I love seeing the interact between him and yune so i hope things remain the way they are.

• August 11, 2011 at 12:54 amdeafvader

love is the same worldwide and timewide

• August 11, 2011 at 1:10 amLuxorcist

Sounds like a moving episode. Unfortunately, I can’t find subs anywhere and Youtube only has raws.

• August 11, 2011 at 7:47 amlkaze

Yea, I’m kinda glad Divine actually blog this for us. Otherwise I have no idea what’s happening.

• August 11, 2011 at 2:08 amSyaoran Li

Shimatta, I was tempted once again and spoiled myself some good stuff. Anyway, I’m still looking forward to each and every episode of this series.

• August 11, 2011 at 2:20 amliz

I forgot to add in this episode I loved how claude was worried about yune and waited for her to come home and even went to get her himself at the end and that is when the ending credits start ^_^ I loved it!!!!

• August 11, 2011 at 3:08 amSeishun Otoko

Finally caught up with this episode and I must say it’s really good. Nakajima Megumi singing was the cherry on top and I hope we do get to see more of Annu in the near future.
    While it was pretty apparent from episode 6 that Claude x Camille was on the table, this episode does provide some new revelations. Claude’s hostility towards the Blanche family might very well stem from his bitterness towards this failed relationship. I think Yune has a back-story yet to be explained as well since we don’t really have a concrete idea on why she was shipped all the way to Paris and I’m now more curious than ever with Shione clearly missing her sister as she gazes into the sunset and it seems like Oscar is hiding something as well.

• August 11, 2011 at 5:59 amcybersteel

oscar kidnapped Yune its as simple as that haha

• August 11, 2011 at 11:49 amznail

Well, there has to be more to the story of Yune then just her wish to travel the world. It seems quite likely that her family expects her to marry Claude eventually. This also fits in with the custom of the grooms family essentially adopting a future bride.

• August 11, 2011 at 7:10 pmsalty

^ Except that it’s very unlikely Yune’s family has ever even met Claude, let alone know enough about him to warrant marrying off their daughter. What’s likely is that her family acknowledged her desire to broaden her horizons, and Oscar was at the right place at the right time to fulfill it.

• August 11, 2011 at 6:34 amCroos

Thx for making this pic larger and clear. I didn’t quite get what she was look at.

• August 11, 2011 at 8:24 amT.K.

Watched this episode several weeks back and I still find myself going back and listening to “To a Distant You”. It really resonates with the soul, and the bittersweet story-line made it even better. Yune sings really well too, I hope she sings more often!

• August 11, 2011 at 10:45 amTriton

“Wow, if this bonus episode was any indication of what the producers were saving for the BD/DVD releases, I sure hope they have another one in store.”

I almost thought you meant this episode was really, really bad.

• August 11, 2011 at 1:36 pmFlamingYu

Yune’s sister Shione (Noto Mamiko)
    Jigoku Shoujo

I’ve no idea why I’m watching this.

• August 11, 2011 at 4:56 pmDjisas

Good that I managed to get the raw, watch it that way and enjoy it, then reading Divine’s blog to make sure I didn’t miss anything…
    The music was very nice to listen, and I’d really like to have more episodes close to this…

• August 11, 2011 at 6:28 pmThe M0onDOgg

OMG French Mugi in the 18th something century!

• August 27, 2011 at 4:17 pmCassidy

Just waiting for a demotivator poster saying something like “Mugi’s ancestors – so they were french cigans” or “Mugi’s Ancestors – music is in their blood since the XIX century”. :3

• August 11, 2011 at 7:29 pmsalty

I reckon Claude also likes (or liked) Camille, but with her family being a wealthy upstart, she was expected to behave more appropriately as befitting of her ever-rising social standing, in parallel with the family’s increasing prosperity. This might explain their separation and Camille’s “birdcage” and “crossing the ocean” rhetoric. For Claude, given his lower social status, it’d make sense if he was left in the dark as to why Camille vanished from his life at the time, and being the kid that he was, might’ve interpreted it as her not wanting to be near him anymore. This compounded with the fact that her family is overshadowing the gallery businesses with department stores could have caused Claude to resent them, as well as feel betrayed by Camille herself. But I get the feeling he still has a soft spot for her; it’s just buried beneath all that resentment.

Also, isn’t it “Anne”, and not “Annu”? In Japanese, “nnu” (ンヌ) tends to be used to pronounce the “nne” ending portions of French names and words. Example: http://ja.wikipedia.org/wiki/%E3%82%A2%E3%83%B3%E3%83%8C%E3%83%BB%E3%83%89%E3%83%BC%E3%83%88%E3%83%AA%E3%83%83%E3%82%B7%E3%83%A5

• August 11, 2011 at 10:56 pmliz

I couldn’t agree more ^_^

• August 12, 2011 at 11:38 pmpaj

no. . .I only agree with half of what you said. From my own opinion by reading the manga and watching the anime which I am sure they will dive more in-depth to the relationship between claude and camille. . .it isn’t camille who disappeared it is claude who chose to separate from camille because he didn’t want be be a “stray cat”. . .That is all I can type for I don’t want to spoil too much of the story.

• August 13, 2011 at 12:56 amsalty

Good job on that spoiler tag.

OH WAIT-

• August 12, 2011 at 9:12 amdietwarrior

I could not resist reading this. Guess I’ll go watch the RAW now that I know the synopsis…

• August 14, 2011 at 10:06 amsubarufreak

any one have a download link??? i didnt see this ep

• August 14, 2011 at 11:23 amcybersteel

No links are allowed here though. Try Google.

• August 15, 2011 at 12:36 pmFirechick

I wonder if this episode will be subbed?

• August 15, 2011 at 10:47 pmnagi

I would watch the RAW (even if I don’t understand it that much) just for Nakajima Megumi! :3

• August 25, 2011 at 1:08 pmKarmafan

The subbed one is finally out. It was an amazing episode and I can’t believe this was on the DVD and not one of the regular episodes. Storywise it showed alot of insight into some of the characters in the series most notably Yune and Camille.

• August 29, 2011 at 12:54 amclubescar

good songs !
    I just regret that hard “croi-ser-les-doigts” not well said… Usually the french part is well done but not this time.
    Anna should have said “je croise les doigts pour toi” (I hope you the best) ou “croisons les doigts” (let’s do our best) instead of that robot-toned infinitive sentence.

• September 5, 2011 at 10:58 pmnagi

I just watched this episode (hak!) since the subs was just released (on Ayako at least). Very, very beautiful episode indeed. I almost cried while hearing “Tooku kimi e” even though I can’t understand some of the lyrics. That’s how MOVING it is. And the guitar instrumentals, ahh~ I just hope the official soundtrack will be released sooner!

Anyway, can someone tell me please what are the titles of the Japanese songs that has been played in the guitar by Mugi Anne? I only know the first one is Sakura.

• December 23, 2011 at 11:56 amKingdragun

Wow I finally managed to see this episode, was full of pure WIN makes me remember how much I miss ikoku meiro no croisee… Hoping for another great bonus episode… :D