Nichijou – 22 »« Nichijou – 20

Nichijou   21   28 Nichijou   21   29 Nichijou   21   30
Nichijou   21   31 Nichijou   21   32 Nichijou   21   33
Nichijou   21   34 Nichijou   21   35 Nichijou   21   36
Nichijou   21   37 Nichijou   21   38 Nichijou   21   39

「日常21」 (Nichijou 21)
“My Ordinary Life 21″

It’s been a while since we had an episode that focused on mostly side characters, but this one was a lot more entertaining than the past ones. I’m not sure who the current director of the show is, but I’m glad that Nichijou has stopped throwing side characters into ridiculously random situations; instead, going for the more slice of life situations with the right kinds of random thrown in.

I can never have enough the Tachibana sisters. I’m quite fond of Mihoshi’s personality since she seems to have Misato’s charm but without all the gundere attached to it. And how can you not love it when she tries to hold in her laughs? It’s just too cute! In Misato’s case, I’m glad that Weboshi and Fecchan have been accompanying her these past few episodes. Besides learning a little bit more about the two (Weboshi’s a punk rocker!), it’s fun to have some genuine slice of life moments thrown in here and there.

In Takasaki-sensei’s case, I wish he’d just make a move already! He’s already endured more than enough embarrassment and he even has Sakurai-sensei’s little brother’s approval to date his sister! Seeing how he’s too much of a chicken to do anything, he should have just let Yuuko’s imagination run off into the wind. Why hold the responsibility for making things move forward when there are much better options all around you? If things even went half as good as his hallucination, he might be one step closer to capturing the girl of his dreams!

You know, Nakamura-sensei is actually pretty cute when you strip her of all her insanity. Those tomboyish clothes actually look really nice on her and that squeal of embarrassment when getting complimented on her looks was something that took me by surprise. Can you imagine her in her lab coat with her hair like that? Now, if only she could stop worrying about hunting down and abducting Nano!

In the comments a few weeks ago, I remember someone saying that King Albert’s ship had some purpose. While I still haven’t caught on to what this purpose might be, this was the best skit of them yet. We’ve all seen what Mio does when she goes into rampage mode, and I don’t even want to know what events led to her boarding this ship with one of her hair ties blocks missing. But what I still don’t get is now that we’ve seen Mio fall from the sky and back into her seat, why is Yuuko the only one who notices?!

Ending sequence will be added later.

August 22, 2011 at 2:29 am
  • August 22, 2011 at 2:45 amZaku Fan

The airship sequences up until now are all dreams. Notice how Yuko rises from her head on the desk (waking up) just before she shouts.

• August 22, 2011 at 5:24 amKarmafan

I never noticed that. Good catch.

• August 22, 2011 at 8:54 amKushieda

I thought it was pretty obvious. I’m surprised people didn’t notice it was a dream sequence. The airship is for the Kingdom of Fey, a.k.a. Fairyland…

• August 22, 2011 at 10:25 amgawrshness

^What he said.

Also I can’t believe I didn’t notice sooner, but almost every scene in the first opening was a prelude to something happening in the latter part of the series. silly me Dx

• August 22, 2011 at 10:14 pmMrRei

That was pretty surprising.. I also thought it was obviously Yuko’s dream sequence. I didn’t think others would look at it any other way.

• August 29, 2011 at 1:44 amNadavu

not so fast there. an alternative explanation would be that yukko is the only one in class situated in a position to observe Mio’s sit. yes, it requires some pretty extraordinary circumstances, but isn’t that what this show is all about?

on the other hand, that Yukko always sends herself to wash her face after her outbursts, does hint that she’s been sleeping..

• August 22, 2011 at 2:54 amNorwegium

Damn, i know i’m going to hell for laughing at Sakamoto at the end of this episode. But i guess something good will come out of it. I’ll most certainly get to meet Hakase, because she HAS to be the devil reincarnated, with tricks like that.

• August 22, 2011 at 7:27 pmMz

It’s a Trap!!! evil indeed! ahahahaha

• August 22, 2011 at 2:57 amLone_Wanderer

Uh, all those special effects and power-ups really give me Lambda Driver vibes… Come on KyoAni, hurry up and release FMP4 already! The light novel already finished, right?

@Zaku Fan,
    Yes, of course, I think (mostly) everyone would notice that.

(Off-topic) BTW, is there an option to change the nickname used in previous comments? I’m using nick “Wanderer” in some posts before, but just noticed that somebody else already use it long before me. So I’m changing back to “Lone_Wanderer” now (which I used before changed to “Wanderer”). I thought each nick is tied to an email address, no?

• August 22, 2011 at 3:01 amTakaii

Nope. Just the gravatar.

• August 22, 2011 at 3:02 ammai

i was wondering how many time yuuko would get smacked in the hair at the opening skit

• August 22, 2011 at 3:03 amLQY

I think Yuuko is scary about Mio’s rampage and that’s her subconsciousness.

• August 22, 2011 at 3:46 amx

Loved this episode. Specially the opening skit. This episode makes me think they could easily make a show about the side characters and it will still be as entertaining.

• August 22, 2011 at 3:52 ammegalith

Aw yeah! The skit I wanted see is finally here. Glad it came through. Even if it is Yukko’s imagination(which I’m apparently hoping is not) she’s a god damn beast. #8 tumbling around the hallway was an unexpected save.

I for one am curious as to who handled the episode. So much budget was thrown into this episode. IIRC Kigami handled last weeks so probably this one was handled by Takemoto(?).

Really enjoyed this one for the pairings. And I’m also loving how Fecchan got owned here. Still it was great that she was the one that squeezed out the juicy bits.

With all the Taksaki x Sakurai skits I’m pretty happy where it’s going but somehow I’m also wishing for some proper Misato x Sasahara focus. Can’t wait for more pairings focus but at the same time hoping they don’t forget of the main trio.

Well.. 5 episodes left.. I’m really gonna miss this show. Too bad the manga was stopped and that KyoAni is really using up most of the materials.

With the show approaching the end, makes me wonder how they will close this series. Best guess is that Ishihara will handle the final episode and animation will be done by Takemoto or if not Kigami. I expect a full blown sakuga pr0n for its finale.

• August 22, 2011 at 4:15 amx

Really? The manga was stopped?

• August 22, 2011 at 4:22 ammegalith

As far as I know, Yes…
        I could be wrong though(which I hope I am).

• August 22, 2011 at 4:33 amKarry

Still havent fixed the damn site, you twats.

• August 22, 2011 at 5:28 amKarmafan

Ugh! There is no need to be so rude.

• August 22, 2011 at 4:43 amryuzaki21

the girl chat of three side-characters, the three teachers’ skit, and sakamoto sleeping while hugging hakase’s head was the most memorable for me this week!

• August 22, 2011 at 5:43 amPeanutbutter003

Will Nano ever get to sleep on her back instead of sideways? I guessed not.

• August 22, 2011 at 7:08 amavexmode

Anyone noticed the Minecraft reference?

• August 22, 2011 at 7:38 amMad_Dog

IT’S BECAUSE YUUKO IS DREAMING THOSE SCENARIOS AS SHE SLEEPS IN CLASS!!!

• August 22, 2011 at 9:00 ammegalith

We need to go DEEPER.

• August 22, 2011 at 9:58 amithekro

Too Deep

• August 22, 2011 at 10:39 amjingoi

Not a good episode for me and as usual Misato skits are big fail for me.

• August 22, 2011 at 11:45 amKinny Riddle

For the King Albert ship sketch, a few interesting seiyuu cameo observations:

Mio beating the shit out of “Alucard” (Henchman 22 – Nakata Joji) and “Solid Snake” (Strategist – Otsuka Akio), with “Aizen” (nerdy Henchman 71 – Hayami Shou) freaking out like mad once Mio assembled both Wood Cubes and becoming a walking WMD.

Though “Jiraiya” (Henchman 8 – Ostuka Hochu) ends up saving the day by knocking Mio off the ship and back to her classroom seat.

EPIC. XD

• August 22, 2011 at 11:53 amKinny Riddle

Oh wow, Nakamura-sensei has suddenly gone up the moe meter. <3

Would Takasaki-sensei's unintentional praise of how cute her tomboyish looks are throw the spanner in the works concerning his ongoing crush with Sakurai-sensei? A love triangle ensues…

• August 22, 2011 at 4:38 pmmac65

I’m am really going to miss this series when it’s over…

• August 22, 2011 at 8:04 pminnerchihiro

Yes side characters.

• August 22, 2011 at 8:46 pmA. Lurker

But what about Short Circuit-kun? What will the fate be of that smiling, customized taser?

• August 22, 2011 at 9:40 pmBROOKLYN otaku

dat pocky in the eye pic is going on my phone!

• August 23, 2011 at 11:58 aminnerchihiro

Just realized that Yuji Nomi is the composer for this series! No wonder I liked this soundtrack so much… I loved his work on Whisper of the Heart.

• August 23, 2011 at 4:48 pmlkaze

Hmm, I might be called a troll with this but… oh well

Recently I drop quite a number of anime that coming out this season, then reading all your comment. It seem to me that this show is might be not bad at all. So I just thought maybe if I could ask you guys if it worth watching this show? For reference: I like Lucky Star and I don’t like(not hate) K-on.

• August 24, 2011 at 4:26 amx

Well, for what it’s worth, here’s what felt like while watching this show.

The early episodes felt mediocre at best but the opening song animation and the ending song kept me coming back. There were 1 or 2 episodes that bore me to death though.

I decided to stop watching in the episode where they first show the balloon skit (episode 7 I think). That skit was boring for me, as I did not find the jokes funny. But that was not the worst part, they totally skipped out on the opening song!!! :P

After missing a few weeks, I couldn’t resist watching again, even if only just for the songs. The jokes seem to get better, though I was getting really tired of hakase (the underaged professor). Her antics at the expense of Nano was getting on my nerves and Nano’s inability to put up any resistance was getting way too predictable. I thought I was going to drop it again as I watched the 12th episode. There seem to be some improvement with Nano and hakase but it wasn’t enough to keep me coming back. The jokes with Yuko and gang was getting a little stale. Deciding that the 13th will be my last, I thought, this was it. I’m done with this anime. No turning back now.

In the 13th episode however, there was hints that Nano might go to school! That got me hooked! I can’t drop this now! XD . Then in the 14th episode, we get a new opening animation and music that blew my mind! I could watch the OP over and over again. XD . Nano making friends in school, specially with Yuko was a treat. Later, we get introduced to more interesting side characters and the jokes get a lot better. The ED music kept me entertained as well.

I guess for the most part, it was the music and songs and OP/ED animations that kept me coming back, and only after the 13th episode that got me hooked on the anime itself XD

• August 24, 2011 at 10:55 amlkaze

hmmm, based on what you said. I’m in for a rocky ride for the first half series?? ………maybe I’ll try Blood-C first. It just 2 episode away from when I drop it until it got interesting. And I’ll try 2 more episode of Nichijou for better judgement.(and also episode 13, to kick start myself)

• August 25, 2011 at 6:08 am1Lau

The attack on her at the end when she said the 2 guys were weirdo’s was a much better scene than all the other screenshots made b4 it.

• August 29, 2011 at 1:40 amNadavu

anyone noticed that Nakanojou is seen in the opening sequence sporting a much shorter mohawk than before? maybe it’s due to Nakamura sensei shaving it off a few episodes back.. come to think of it, we haven’t seen him since, right?

• December 3, 2011 at 1:16 amNona Ancrum

Oh yea! Me does love a scary movie!!Report this comment as spam or abuse