Winter 2012 Schedule »« Summer 2011 Schedule

Kimi to Boku.
25:30 TX (10/3)
Chihayafuru
24:59 NTV (10/4)
UN-GO
24:45 CX (10/13)
Shakugan no Shana III (Final)
25:30 MX (10/7)
THE IDOLM@STER
25:25 TBS (7/7)
Fate/Zero
24:00 MX (10/1)
Persona 4 the ANIMATION
25:30 MBS (10/6)
Maji de Watashi ni Koi Shinasai!!
25:00 tvk (10/1)
Boku wa Tomodachi ga Sukunai
25:55 TBS (10/6)
Ben-To
26:20 TVA (10/8)
Mawaru Penguindrum
26:10 MBS (7/7)
Kyoukai Senjou no Horizon
26:58 MBS (10/1)
Legend: 6 Divine 1 Prooof 3 Takaii 4 Guardian Enzo 2 Guests Not covering/watching

Shinryaku!? Ika Musume has already premiered and the flood of new fall shows is going to follow suit this Saturday, so here’s a quick overview of what the other writers and I will be covering this season.

As usual, this schedule is tentative and we’ll cover the first episode of some other shows that we plan to check out. If something catches our interest, shows might be shifted around and this schedule will be updated to reflect any changes.

This season, we’ll be featuring guest bloggers to cover Persona 4 the ANIMATION. None of the other writers expressed much interest and I’m too bogged down to cover it myself with Guilty Crown, IM@S, and Mawaru Penguindrum on Thursdays, so I threw out the idea of guest bloggers to our IRC channel regulars and found there was some interest. I was hoping to find someone familiar with the game who can pick up on subtle things in the adaptation and was lucky enough to find two such individuals. They’ll be covering it together with one person as the “main” writer. You can expect an introduction post from them shortly.

** To those who have e-mailed me expressing interest in becoming a contributor for the site, please be aware that this is a special case to get help with a specific series. I’m still not looking to bring any new writers on board, as the site has more than it’s ever had already. **

Blogging-wise, I’m really pushing for the 15-image mini post format that went wayside in summer. I feel it’s much better suited for comedies where impressions can just poke fun at what happened in 200-250 words — i.e. what the filmstrip format was originally intended to be — so you can tentatively expect this condensed format for the following shows:

• Kimi to Boku.
  • Shinryaku!? Ika Musume
  • Boku wa Tomodachi ga Sukunai
  • WORKING’!!
  • Lastly, I’ve encouraged all the writers to post short one-off Snapshots on an episode of any series not being covered if they feel compelled to say something about it. This is a blog after all, so it’s at times like that when posts should be written. I know I wanted to say a few quick things about TIGER & BUNNY on more than a few occasions, but held off simply because I didn’t cover it from the beginning. This is also intended to help offset the lack of Retrospective Looks to a certain degree, without the same kind of commitment.

Updates:
    10/05: Enzo has decided to cover Chihayafuru.
    10/09: Kiiragi will be back to cover Ben-To (and only Ben-To). Prooof won’t be covering WORKING’!! anymore.
    10/28: Our guest bloggers will be picking up WORKING’!!.
    11/18: Takaii dropped Kyoukai Senjou no Horizon.
    12/15: Kiiragi dropped Ben-To.

September 28, 2011 at 5:05 pm
    • September 28, 2011 at 5:08 pmHunter

Gintama is over?

• September 28, 2011 at 5:16 pmDivine

This has never been a schedule of everything that’s airing, or else you should be asking where Naruto, Beelzebub, Toriko, etc. are.

It’s only a blogging schedule that includes this season’s shows, plus any carrying over from last season that we’re covering. It’s intended to show what we are and aren’t covering, broken down to days.

• October 20, 2011 at 2:40 pmStranger

Oh I see. So I assume the ones in gray are simply shows you guys also watch, but not blogging.

• October 20, 2011 at 2:52 pmDivine

As per the legend, gray means not watching or blogging. The color of the series’ box indicates who, if anyone, is blogging it. The bar below each series’ box indicates who’s watching it.

• September 28, 2011 at 5:12 pmMichael

Yes, Kimi to Boku!! Thank goodness all of the shows i’m watching are being blogged on RC, except Ben-to.

• September 28, 2011 at 5:21 pmrick

Thank you for to keep covering The Idolm@ster, Divine!

• September 28, 2011 at 5:23 pmDivine

You’re welcome! I decided to keep at it after everyone picked up a Thursday show.

• September 28, 2011 at 5:32 pmamatsu

gundam age has ruined the gundam series (T_T)

• September 28, 2011 at 5:35 pmGuardian Enzo

And it hasn’t even started yet!

• September 28, 2011 at 7:02 pmArabesque

Kinda impressive when you sit down and think about it. :P

• September 28, 2011 at 5:37 pmFencedude

You know, I’m not really feeling Gundam AGE either, but goddamn idiocy like this makes me hope it really is a smashing success. Just to see the tears flow.

• September 28, 2011 at 5:40 pmRintarou

Gundam AGE = Madoka with robots instead of lolis. Betting on it right here.

• September 28, 2011 at 6:42 pmfragb85

Its funny how people base this conclusion solely on character design. Apparently they conveniently forget UC and its annoying child characters. Or for that matter, the first half of ZZ.

But UC is perfect, faultless quality. *Rolls eyes*

• September 28, 2011 at 6:52 pmGuardian Enzo

Ironically, it’s the character designs that have me – a non-Gundam guy – interested. They’re very retro, like something Matsumoto Leiji might have come up with.

• September 28, 2011 at 5:39 pmRintarou

A bit disappointed that Phi Brain and Ben-To aren’t being covered, but I’m glad that everything else got in. Also a bit disappointed Divine isn’t covering Horizon, was really looking forward to reading his insight which is spot on a lot of the time. Takaii is good too ofc, just no Divine. :p

• September 28, 2011 at 5:41 pmRintarou

Oh, also surprised that none of the bloggers here were interested in Persona 4. That seems…odd.

• September 29, 2011 at 2:04 amTakaii

• September 29, 2011 at 8:33 am-blacksheep

i have the same though.. sure do wish someone would cover Phi Brain..

• September 28, 2011 at 5:40 pmOtakuBrawler

I do hope Bakuman catches someones interest. I loved season 1 and after reading the manga season 2 so gonna be even better.

• September 28, 2011 at 5:43 pmAiron

I’m surprised Takaii’s not covering Bakuman 2. Shame, that. It’s fine though as it’s looking to be a great season so far. I really hope some of these aren’t that interesting so I have a reason not to watch and cut down on the list a bit!
      :P

• September 28, 2011 at 11:24 pmZnail

It seems GE is blogging it on his own site at least.

• September 28, 2011 at 5:48 pmMelfingTime

It feels kinda sad that Tiger and Bunny wasn’t covered at all. Not even a single post about it.

• September 28, 2011 at 5:56 pmDivine

(On the day it premiered.)

• September 28, 2011 at 6:26 pmMelfingTime

I take that back then. :(

Still it was a good series.

• September 29, 2011 at 5:21 amJX

Thank you Divine for that post. It got me to watch a show I might have put off because of the name.

• September 29, 2011 at 9:06 amShirt

Same here. Thanks.

• September 30, 2011 at 5:52 amunknown2

Loved Tiger & Bunny. Was so fun to watch. Im at least glad that its mention even just by title to express that its still worth a watch. Wondering for a second season?

• September 28, 2011 at 6:00 pmboingman

Oops, didn’t expect Divine to blog both Fate/Zero and Guilty Crown. I thought that GE would have been a likely candidate for Fate.
      Anyways, looking forward to the shows and the blog entries of the team. :)

• September 28, 2011 at 6:11 pmoliviaven

Im gonna make a wild guess and say that OMNI or other previous bloggers will be our mysterious guests ^^ OR maybe another blogger from another anime blog will make a cameo

Divine Don’t push yourself too much this season k? We don’t mind shorter posts at all :D

• September 29, 2011 at 12:55 amSaya

Yeah I’m really interested in who the guest bloggers will be. It might just be a past writer…seeing as we got the old Louise banner back up might be an indication of that. Not counting on it though. There’s also been a change in colour scheme for the blog which yeah I know it’s not a big deal but it kind of feels like RC is getting pumped up for this season :D

• September 28, 2011 at 6:27 pmfirecow

I should have known that Takaii will be blogging Shana 3 since it is the final one of all and since he takes on slice of life shows more than everyone else. I wonder if he has seen the previous two seasons and four ovas that jc staff made over the years since shana 3 will be concluding the whole story.

• September 29, 2011 at 2:06 amTakaii

I watched Season 1, gave up on Season 2 (and I can’t remember why).

I’m going through all of Season 1, 2, OVAs, and Movies just for you guys.

• September 29, 2011 at 6:37 amdeafvader

There is no need to force yourself to remember. You can just watch alternate episodes of Season 2 for a rough idea what is going on. Or you can just watch 1 in 3 episodes.

• September 29, 2011 at 6:38 amSmuglord

Good luck with the season 2 rewatch. Especially the first half>_>

• September 29, 2011 at 8:49 amShirt

I’m in the same boat, Takaii. I can’t remember the season 2 story for the life of me. The alternatives sound like a great idea. I was just going to convert all of it for my iPod and marathon-on-the-go. D:

• September 29, 2011 at 3:22 pmDivine

Or you can just work smarter and get a quick refresher from 1.) skimming RC’s series archive or 2.) reading the Shana wiki.

• September 30, 2011 at 1:49 amGhostalker

I’ve watched all the releases of Shana from S1 to S2, all the specials, OVAs, and movie, everything Shana, and I’m confident that Shana S2 is pretty weak compared to S1 as it focuses a lot on the love triangle that is going on, the side characters, and building up the new character they introduce. If I’m correct, at the first half of the season, about 8-10 straight episodes are used just for those with little to no action.

Well at least someone is blogging it, and I’m definitely looking forward to it.

• September 28, 2011 at 6:30 pmClick

Sounds good. While I wish Tamayura, C Cube, Phi Brain, and Maji de Watashi got some coverage, it’s not like you can everything you want. I’m just glad that my top picks were covered.

• September 29, 2011 at 2:07 amTakaii

The one-off posts are probably going to cover this void.

• September 28, 2011 at 6:37 pmSilivious

Awww…no Maken…XP

• September 28, 2011 at 6:48 pmDrew

I get that the color of the show’s block indicates who’s blogging it, but what do the little colored boxes underneath each show indicate? The bloggers who are also interested in that show, despite not being the one blogging it?

I suspect Phi-Brain will be the best-show-that-randomc-doesn’t-blog this time around, but I suppose we can’t expect every show every season to be blogged (or can we!?), and it’s hardly in my top 3 (or 5) shows I’m anticipating this season. Last Exile, UN-GO, Mirai-Nikki (hrm, all G.E. blogs-who do you bribe to get the good shows G.E.?). Guilty Crown will likely be my mindless guilty pleasure.

I have to echo a previous commentator in hoping Gundam AGE’s retro experiment ends up being a huge success, just to quiet all the haters out there, even if I personally am not compelled by the art and what looks like a five-year old protagonist. Who am I kidding though? It’s Gundam, and I’ll watch it regardless.

Maybe Divine should try to get a woman on board, so shows like Chihayafuru got a chance at being blogged. And, yes, I know how incredibly sexist that sounded and I don’t care. You need some WOMAN on this blog Divine! :D

• September 28, 2011 at 7:44 pmGuardian Enzo

Luck of the draw! As far as Chihayafuru, I don’t think it’s a gender thing – I think there’s a lot of interest there, it’s just a question of somebody having time to actually cover it. I’ll do at least a first impressions at LiA and maybe cover it there if it wows me. If it really, really wows me, maybe I’ll see if I can “simulcast” it.

• September 28, 2011 at 7:54 pmDivine

The boxes below indicate who’s going to be watching a series (at least for now).

I already suggested that Enzo cover Chihayafuru on Tuesdays, but he said he wanted to cut down to three shows this season on RandomC. If he’s going to be covering it on LiA anyway, I’ll try to persuade him to publish his posts over here too. :P

• September 28, 2011 at 8:06 pmGuardian Enzo

Make the check out to…

• September 29, 2011 at 6:42 amdeafvader

Erhmm. You meant Cheque?

• September 29, 2011 at 10:06 amGuardian Enzo

Not in US English I didn’t!

• September 29, 2011 at 1:14 pmConine

“For the longest time, people thought I was a female blogger. My writing and tastes came off fairly gender-neutral (or so I’ve been told).”

Have they read your blogs on Idolm@ster about Miki? That might change their minds haha

• September 29, 2011 at 3:28 pmDivine

Once the cat was out of the bag, I decided hell with it. lol

• September 28, 2011 at 6:52 pmRuby

YESSS Kimi to Boku is being covered :D I am happy

• September 28, 2011 at 7:00 pmMetalsnakezero

Interesting idea with the guest to write about P4 anime and a double team too.

• September 29, 2011 at 4:18 amMrRei

Originally they were planning to have Chuck Norris blog it.. But he was just too busy fighting bears somewhere, so… >_>

• September 28, 2011 at 7:04 pmFlappy

Hey Enzo!! Thanks for picking up UN-GO. Much appreciated. Cheers from Taipei!

• September 28, 2011 at 7:41 pmGuardian Enzo

No problem – I’m really looking forward to that one. Way too little attention being paid to it.

• September 28, 2011 at 7:13 pmGhostalker

There’s a Guests blogger? Yeah!

The good thing about having fewer shows in a season is that chances having a particular series is blog are higher!

• September 28, 2011 at 7:19 pmStereoman

Aw, too bad Chihayafuru isn’t being covered. But I appreciate all the work you guys do for this site so I’m happy anyway.

But I have a question. Like you did with Tiger & Bunny, will you do the same for all shows that aren’t being covered? I mean, write about the first episode only as a “First impression”? Or will you work entirely with the shows you’ve planned to cover?

• September 28, 2011 at 8:08 pmDivine

The short answer is yes. This has always been the case with every season.

The little boxes below indicate what we’re planning to watch/check out, meaning shows like C3, Ben-To, Phi Brain, and Chihayafuru will likely get their first episodes covered by somebody.

I actually plan to check out the first episodes of Majikoi, Maken-Ki, and Mashiro-iro, so I might say a few words about them too.

• September 28, 2011 at 7:19 pmsakamoto-san

wow, divine taking on quite a number of shows. Unlimited Show-Covering Works.

hmm, i hoping G-AGE might end up being like madoka, although on a less darker storyline since it is also used to aimed towards younger viewers.

• September 28, 2011 at 7:38 pmbluance

Yay! thanks for covering Bokutomo, though I’m interested how it will look out in filmstrip format. Bakuman 2 is going to be real great more character development and Miho!

• September 28, 2011 at 7:47 pmDivine

It won’t be in the filmstrip format — it’ll be in the mini-post format with less screen captures. As for its official short name, it’s “Haganai”. :)

Boku ha Tomodachi ga Sukunai

• September 28, 2011 at 7:52 pminnerchihiro

So that wouldn’t be pronounced “Waganai?”

• September 28, 2011 at 7:56 pmDivine

One might think so, but the answer is no.

They’re just taking the kana out of context and sticking them together. は is only pronounced “wa” when it’s used as a particle.

• September 28, 2011 at 9:42 pmBreedo

LOL I would never in a million years have thought to equate that as it’s short nick. Thank you for that! It’s getting so I need an abbreviation post on what is really called what.

• September 28, 2011 at 7:48 pminnerchihiro

Brilliant! Almost all of my shows are covered. The only one I would care to see covered additionally would be Tamayura. The OVA coverage was great. But still, thanks guys!

• September 29, 2011 at 2:08 amTakaii

<3.

• September 28, 2011 at 7:58 pmKixmachina

Weee! Last Exile is being covered!
      Am I the only one excited about Last Exile here…

• September 28, 2011 at 8:00 pmBen

Sooooo glad Mirai Nikki is being covered. Have a feeling it’ll be the show that comes out of nowhere and surprises everyone!

• September 28, 2011 at 8:04 pmRintarou

Hm, I’m just interested in knowing, Guardian Enzo, why aren’t you watching Fate/Zero, Persona 4, and Kyoukai Senjou no Horizon? They’re among the most hyped shows of the season.

• September 28, 2011 at 8:15 pmDivine

They weren’t on the shortlist he gave me, but he did express some interest in them in his own fall preview.

• September 28, 2011 at 8:54 pmGuardian Enzo

I’ll be watching the first episodes of all of them, at least. I’ve never gotten into Persona but the gamers tell me the last adaptation wasn’t faithful and I should give this one a chance, so I will. I wasn’t a fan of Fate/Stay night, but as it’s Urobuchi and supposedly the fans expect this adaptation to be better – and it’s a prequel – I’ll likewise give it a chance. As for Horizon, it frankly just doesn’t look that interesting to me. I’ll watch the first ep and hope to be surprised.

• September 29, 2011 at 2:09 pmAisu

Very, very true about Persona. The last adaption was a terrible representation of the charm that the games hold. Atlus is an incredible storyteller, so I’m hoping that this doesn’t disappoint. With a two-cour they should be able to fit the whole story in. Be patient if it’s a little slow at the beginning- I can’t stress enough that Atlus is truly fantastic with the thought put into their games.

If all goes well, you’ll be pleasantly surprised :)

• September 28, 2011 at 8:05 pmbelatkuro

Takaii’s not doing Bakuman 2? Shame.
      Oh well I’ll look forward to his Waganai and Senjou no Horizon.
      And yay, Divine is covering F/Z. Would have flipped if no one was covering it here ;)
      I thought Enzo is gonna watch F/Z as well?
      And P4 covered by guests? Huh. Let’s see if it goes well, both the show and the blogging.
      At least most of what I’ll be watching will also be covered.
      A pleased man I am. Keep up the good work :)

• September 28, 2011 at 8:16 pmDivine

I don’t just pluck anybody off the Internet to become writers. They went through the usual screening process and I like what I saw in terms of writing and impressions. :)

• September 29, 2011 at 2:09 amTakaii

Who knows.

“As usual, this schedule is tentative and we’ll cover the first episode of some other shows that we plan to check out. If something catches our interest, shows might be shifted around and this
        schedule will be updated to reflect any changes.”

• September 29, 2011 at 6:57 amdeafvader

Enzo may or may not be covering Fate/Zero, he’ll see how the first ep go and follow through from there.
        Anyway Divine is boss, whatever he wanna blog, he is gonna blog.

• September 28, 2011 at 8:16 pmSuper S

A few stupid questions (because this stuff has always confused me):

Do the numbers with colons indicate air time? Would a time of “25:15″ mean “1:15am”? And if so, are those numbers in Japan’s time zone- meaning the show would air “1:15am” in Japan?

• September 28, 2011 at 8:21 pmDivine

This is actually covered in the Technical Note in the season previews:

All times are given in a 24-hour, relative-day format where times are extended to show which day they belong to. For instance, Friday morning at 1:30AM would become Thursday at 25:30 to show that the episode aired late Thursday night.

So to answer your questions, yes, 25:15 means 1:15 AM in Japan. I think the most confusing thing is that anime airs after midnight in Japan. Not a re-run but the first showing of brand new shows. Sadly, this is the only time block the majority of anime series can get. Hardcore fans stay up to watch them, hence the “relative-day format”, whereas normal people would PVR them or not watch them at all. Exceptions are shows targeted towards kids, e.g. shounen shows, that air in the afternoon (~6 PM) or early Sunday morning.

The most coveted time slot is the Sunday 5 PM one, which shows like CODE GEASS, Gundam 00, Macross Frontier, Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood, Star Driver, Ao no Exorcist, and now Gundam AGE have occupied. These shows generally appeal to both younger and older audiences alike.

• September 28, 2011 at 9:34 pmSuper S

Thanks Divine. I always thought it was bizarre that so many animes had 1st run air times in the dead of night. That’s what made the time codes seem so confusing.

• September 28, 2011 at 10:03 pmRintarou

Small correction. Macross F didn’t air in the Nichigo slot, Code Geass R2 did. Macross F had that late night 1:25am Thursday MBS slot which Persona 4 has this season.

• September 28, 2011 at 10:18 pmDivine

I think that’s the second time you’ve corrected me on that Rintarou. :P

• September 28, 2011 at 8:38 pmRyougaZell

Seriously… why do we even need Bleach? That series is plain terrible. I would understand One Piece… but Bleach? Ugh.

Hopefully the Persona 4 blogging is good… but I can’t help but be dissapointed by that decision.

• September 28, 2011 at 9:12 pmDivine

Bleach is largely responsible for building up RC’s popularity, so it’s a mainstay.

• September 28, 2011 at 10:21 pmRyougaZell

Seriously? I don’t remember it being blogged on the old website. Oh well. I usually skip that section anyway.

Thanks for replying.

• September 29, 2011 at 2:15 amDivine

Omni covered them. The Bleach anime archive has 319 posts at the moment; the manga archive 96.

• September 29, 2011 at 7:05 amRyougaZell

A case of terrible memory on my part then. Thanks for the clarification Divine.

• September 29, 2011 at 5:08 pmProoof

not exactly what I wanted to hear =|

• September 29, 2011 at 7:04 pmRyougaZell

Sorry Proof. I really like how you write. Its just that series has more filler than story that its painful sometimes.

• September 28, 2011 at 8:44 pmokitakarin

YAAAAAAAYYY!!! HUNTER x HUNTER, Mirai Nikki and Sekai Ichi Hatsukoi 2!!!! :DDDD

• September 28, 2011 at 9:09 pmSeishun Otoko

Jackpot, all the animes that I’ll be watching will be covered at RC
      Glad that IDOLM@STER’s still part of the schedule and I think we have Miki Miki to thank for that ;P

• September 28, 2011 at 9:14 pmokitakarin

Ohhh, Hunter x Hunter will not be covered? :( I’m sad T__T

• September 28, 2011 at 9:38 pmshinkirou

just asking how come busou shinki not air last week (22/9)?. just curious.

• September 29, 2011 at 12:40 ambluance

It airs on Playstation network, I believe the episode is 5 minutes long.

• September 29, 2011 at 7:16 amHagiri

Just 5 minutes? not 15 minutes or longer?

• September 29, 2011 at 8:06 amshinkirou

ic thanks for the information , so that means that is not public animation like the rest ??

• September 29, 2011 at 6:20 pmBass.EXE

Yeah, it’s only 5 minutes. The first episode had a pre-air already released if you’re interested.

• September 28, 2011 at 11:03 pmGorillafunk

I’ve always wondered why only Bleach anime is being covered, any thoughts in blogging One Piece(time skip this week!)

• September 29, 2011 at 3:25 amSkins Thunderbomb

One Piece WAS being blogged at some point. No idea why it was scrapped.

• September 29, 2011 at 3:46 amKiiragi

It’s because I retired.

• September 29, 2011 at 7:06 amRyougaZell

Dang… wish someone had taken over One Piece when Kiiragi retired :(

• October 10, 2011 at 10:21 amleokiko

One of my wonders in this site, Bleach and Naruto being covered and not One Piece, when the latter is obviously much better than them.

• October 22, 2011 at 6:32 amhOmeRunDaiSuki

yeah, it’s disappointing to see that nobody picked up OP. The Timeskip was just awesome. and,robin’s not tan anymore XDD just like how she was supposed to have a lighter complexion from the very start since oda never tanned her. the manga as well DX with all those new strawhat abilities.

• September 28, 2011 at 11:08 pmKiyuri

Looks like a good season of blogging shall finish off the year.
      Very curious and excited to see Persona 4′s guest coverage. (:

• September 29, 2011 at 12:13 amSkins Thunderbomb

Sad about no one blogging Bakuman 2. :(

• September 29, 2011 at 1:15 amtomoyostar

Nice to see the Louise Banner again :)

• September 29, 2011 at 1:38 amKoby

Sad to see HxH and Phi Brain aren’t being covered. The only other shows I’m interested in are Gundam AGE and Guilty Crown which are both being covered by Divine this season. Overall this season didn’t really have that many shows that looked decent that wasn’t either remakes or new series of old franchises.

• September 29, 2011 at 3:44 amJiCi

All I can say is good luck to you all. I’m also surprised that Persona 4 is gonna get blogged by 2 reviewers. I know the game was awesome… but is it too awesome that a single blogger can’t handle it :p ?

I hope everything goes well for Verdant and Unlisted, because maybe they could join RC as well.

• September 29, 2011 at 5:13 amMrRei

I’m getting excited now.. and Divine looks pretty hell-bent on blogging Guilty Crown – he will blog it even if it leads to an apocalyptic pandemic! Yey! :D

• September 29, 2011 at 5:21 amguanhian

This season is gonna be awesome. Loves the new banner too <3

• September 29, 2011 at 6:21 amdeafvader

is it new?

• September 29, 2011 at 1:41 pmMrRei

No, It’s the oldest banner (I think) and the longest to stay on the site. It’s nice to see it again for a nostalgia feel.. :)

• September 29, 2011 at 6:15 amSmuglord

So I take it the filmstrip format has been officially replaced by the mini-post? Pity,since I quite liked the former/:

• September 29, 2011 at 8:32 pmDivine

That’s the idea. The filmstrip format actually takes more time to put together than the regular post.

• September 29, 2011 at 6:21 amdeafvader

I would personally prefer Fate/Zero and horizon to switch authors.
      Enzo on Mirai Nikki, this would be interesting.

• September 29, 2011 at 6:21 amArisu

Because there is no shoutbox, YAY OLD BANNER COMING BACK. TwT

• September 29, 2011 at 8:53 amShirt

This is first banner I’d ever seen when I first came to Random Curiosity. It is my favorite.

• September 29, 2011 at 7:00 amKurofaise

Great covering list, though I was expecting Divine to cover Chihayafuru and Takaii to cover Bakuman 2 so that’s a shame but otherwise all my other shows I’m most looking forward too are covered!

There are a lot of 2-cour this season as well, and by the looks of some titles announced in winter it should follow on very nicely!

• September 29, 2011 at 7:18 amHagiri

I missed this Banner~

• September 29, 2011 at 8:54 amShirt

It looks re-vamped a little, doesn’t it? Wonder who had a hand with it at the Shop?

• September 29, 2011 at 1:35 pmDivine

Yours truly of course. :)

I had to recreate the banner since the new theme’s banner is slightly taller.

• September 29, 2011 at 7:33 amShrubbs

Can’t wait to see Bakuman 2 and Guilty Crown

I like the filmstrip format idea. Only read them from Ore no Imouto ga Konnani Kawaii Wake ga Nai OVAs, and that was really good.

• September 29, 2011 at 7:54 amKYO

i’m really crossing my fingers for the Persona 4 anime… i really hope it would be really good. I don’t want it to be like what happened with the Tales of the Abyss anime.

• September 29, 2011 at 8:18 amzeroyuki92

Too bad there aren’t anybody that interested in Majikoi yet. I’ve heard a lot of guys praising the VN…Well, but if the director wants a fanservice fest, then the end. =w=

• September 29, 2011 at 8:39 amMedoi

aw too bad nobody is going to cover chihayafuru or tamayura (maybe this is a show difficult to blog about…) but you cover a lot of shows i plan to watch anyway, i’m looking forward to your posts!

• September 29, 2011 at 8:59 amShirt

I can’t wait for all the madness Ika Musume has in store for us. Glad she’s back so soon. Bakuman was great the first time around with the spirit it raised within it’s viewers the majority of time. Here’s to the shifting, de geso.

• September 29, 2011 at 1:31 pmConine

Ika Musume- Best character of 2010 on the Best of Anime blog. Easily one of the most entertaining characters in anime.. I too can’t wait to watch it :)

• September 29, 2011 at 10:48 amInoriDisward

YAY!!! Most of the anime I’m going to watch this season is being covered!

• September 29, 2011 at 11:45 amnice

Where are the articles for Kissxsis?? is it removed from the site?

• September 29, 2011 at 1:33 pmDivine

Yes, the kiss x sis posts have been marked as private (as have the Yosuga no Sora ones) because they were deemed too risque.

• September 29, 2011 at 9:27 pminnerchihiro

Who deems these too risque? (I actually don’t watch these shows, but I’m still curious.)

• September 30, 2011 at 3:14 amDivine

Google AdSense.

• September 30, 2011 at 4:17 amGhostalker

The article itself or the pictures? If it’s the pictures you can simply remove them right? But if its the article itself, then I guess we have no choice?

• September 29, 2011 at 1:41 pmSeishun Otoko

Oh nooooo… that’s very unfortunate :(

• September 29, 2011 at 2:20 pmGhostalker

Forgive me for being a n00b, does that mean we can no longer view it?

• September 29, 2011 at 2:47 pmMrRei

I don’t think they would delete it. But yes it’s hidden to public. You won’t find it anymore..

• September 29, 2011 at 8:32 pmDivine

Correct, they’re not publicly viewable anymore.

• September 30, 2011 at 3:11 amdeafvader

Just asking, what is it used for? I doubt it is for your own viewing pleasure. waiting for the standards of what is considered risqué to change?

• September 30, 2011 at 4:51 amMrRei

Ghostalker.. when you worked hard on something regardless of it being useless, you can’t just delete it if you have a way to store it. Same thing happens to us programmers, we can’t just delete created software even when they’re outdated. :p

• September 30, 2011 at 4:53 amMrRei

sorry.. the above reply was for deafvader :D

• September 30, 2011 at 12:01 pmnice

Too bad it being hidden for the readers to see. not to mention we will be not seeing another review of it if another ova comes. does google adsense really has better pay than other payperclick services?

• September 29, 2011 at 1:17 pmoli

nice to see the old banner back, is it going to stay that way for ever? or for long?

• September 29, 2011 at 1:32 pmDivine

No, not for long. It’s just something that came up on IRC and I decided to throw it and the old color scheme up for nostalgia sake.

• September 30, 2011 at 8:43 amoli

thanks for doing it any way :)

• September 29, 2011 at 1:49 pmJack

This season is going to rock!

• September 29, 2011 at 1:59 pmAisu

Kimi to Boku, P4, and Working!
      You guys got all the ones I was most excited about! Should be a great season!

• September 29, 2011 at 2:14 pmGhostalker

I will probably settle for 10 series this season, the rest will be backlogs from previous seasons.

The larger font isn’t a bad thing it seems, specially since I’m just less 20 inch from my monitor.

• September 29, 2011 at 2:16 pmMrRei

Not that I mind but.. what prompted the font change?

• September 29, 2011 at 3:38 pmDivine

Some people have asked that it be enlarged for easier reading in the past, but I was against changing it because a lot of custom posts (e.g. season previews and Retrospective Looks) were designed around the original font size.

• September 29, 2011 at 3:50 pmLuxorcist

The new font is better for my tired eyes. I try to save them by sitting far back at my desktop, and zooming in a lot on my phone. But I wish RC had textwrapping on more than just mobile browsers, but I realize that could mess up the format. I just don’t understand how my phone does this and Chrome and Firefox don’t.

And is that a different color in the bars to the left side of every comment? details, details :p

• September 29, 2011 at 5:25 pmDivine

Automatic text reflow is a feature of mobile browsers so that they can view full websites better. i.e. eliminate side scrolling.

The comment colors have always been there but weren’t as obvious with the other colors.

• September 29, 2011 at 5:34 pmDragonite88

I had the same problem but now Android and Iphone and blackberry work so well with most websites.

I also linked my phone with my pc so I can watch and read anime via phone thru my pc lol.

Great too see the old header back. Love it.

• September 29, 2011 at 5:12 pmHrmmm

Ah.. The nostalgia. Loving the colour scheme. Keep It!

• September 29, 2011 at 6:14 pmMrRei

Ever thought about having emoticons/smileys on the comments? It could be fun.. or it might turn into a spamming disaster. :p

• September 29, 2011 at 8:33 pmDivine

They’re built into WP, but I have them turned off because I don’t like them. :P

• September 29, 2011 at 4:36 pmMaichain

Yay! thank you for blogging this and all your hard work!
      and the original banner again ! :’)

• September 29, 2011 at 5:28 pmiroha360

I really wish Binbougami Ga! would get an anime adaption. Man were do you guys get the energy to blog all these shows.0_0

• September 29, 2011 at 6:44 pmClick

Wow, the old Zero no Tsukaima banner… Really takes me back.

• September 29, 2011 at 7:08 pmInquisitive Mind

Kind of irrelevant, but since youre all here has anyone seen Darker Than Black? Ive heard its comparable to Code Geass and wanted to know if its any good

• September 29, 2011 at 7:10 pmDivine

• September 30, 2011 at 10:43 amInquisitive Mind

Oh nice! I didn’t realize you guys blogged it. Man, that was way before I started coming here, way back with Omni

• September 29, 2011 at 9:58 pmMrRei

It’s a good series. Watch it and see if it suits your taste. But the feel is totally different from Code Geass. ;)

• September 30, 2011 at 12:42 amYin

Yay for the old banner! It’s great to see Louise again! :)

• September 30, 2011 at 1:29 amGhostalker

Are you talking about Louise de la Valliere from Zero no Tsukaima? That’s her? So innocent looking…

• September 30, 2011 at 1:46 amYin

Yup, that’s indeed the tsundere Louise we all love and know. If only she was as peaceful in the light novels/anime… XD

• September 30, 2011 at 12:55 am1st time poster

nice font, also guessing someone will pick up ben-to later

• September 30, 2011 at 5:16 amShizuo

HunterxHunter, Mirai Nikki, Shakugan no Shana III, Fate/Zero covered!… Yeyyy

• September 30, 2011 at 5:51 amMrRei

The official Guilty Crown wallpapers are available guys! (and I thought I had to wait longer)

• September 30, 2011 at 5:58 amMrRei

I feel silly wanting to hack these wallpapers earlier… I could have made these all along! >_<

• September 30, 2011 at 5:56 amunknown2

BTW random but Natsukashiii for the original RC banner! I thought I’d never see it again. I saved the pic right when RC was gonna/almost stop blogging.

• September 30, 2011 at 8:17 amgrace

thank you so much guys as usual for taking on the daunting task of anime blogging! i was hopping the guest blogger would be omni (<3), but verdant and unlisted sound lovely too. ty again. :)

• September 30, 2011 at 9:04 amjellayrei

Personaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!!1111oneoneeleven111!!!! Having to wait for this anime to come out is killing me!!
      On a totally un-related side not, thanks for your hard work as usual Divine.

• September 30, 2011 at 3:58 pmeman

as always , wednesdays are depressing

• October 4, 2011 at 11:54 amMoko

Blog Tamayura please. It would be great since RC already blogged the 4 part OVA.

• October 4, 2011 at 12:32 pmLaughingMan

Thanks for covering Guilty Crown and Gundam AGE Divine!

• October 5, 2011 at 7:24 pmRae

I love the idea for bringing in snapshots. Both the retrospective looks and the random musings were things I found as strong suits for this site. I believe the snapshots will prove to be another strong added touch to the site. Thanks for all the hard work as always!

• October 9, 2011 at 6:02 amLuke

I saw that Kiiragi is temporarily returning to blog Ben-To; I saw the first episode and it is an interesting series in its own way, so I’m glad it is covered after all…

• October 10, 2011 at 10:10 aminnerchihiro

No one’s going to write on the first episode of Tamayura? 

• October 10, 2011 at 10:33 pmDivine

I left that up to Takaii to cover if he wanted to.

• October 12, 2011 at 1:23 pmchaos

Yo, Divine,

I just notice that the side banner containing the characters of Guilty Crown. I can’t help, but to wonder about the main girl and main guy. The girl has a very masculine stance similar to somebody saying, “Come get some!” while the main guy on the right has a very feminine stance which most girl typically stand. So does this imply that the main character will be weak and girly?

I seriously hope not. I don’t want another re-run of Deadman Wonderland of a wimpy main character. But a picture is worth a thousand words…

• October 17, 2011 at 6:44 amTonameki

Wow I’m actually following really many series this fall season. I am quit excited to see every thing my list consists of the following:
      Guilty Crown;
      Persona 4;
      Mawaru Penguindrum;
      Last Exile(though can’t find any subs so far thus making it a bit difficult);
      Fate/Zero;
      Phi Brain;
      Mirrai Nikki;
      Chihayafuru;
      Maken-Ki;
      Kyoukai senjou no Horizon;
      Mobile suit Gundam AGE;
      UN-GO;
      Boku wa tomodachi ga sakunai;
      Maji de watashi ni koi shinasai!!;
      Ben-To;
      Tamayura;
      C3 CubeXCursedXCurious;

So I’m pretty loaded this season and I’ll be sure to follow your post and discussions :D

Have fun guys and keep up the good work you’re all very appreciated (though don’t overdo it:D)

• October 22, 2011 at 6:14 amhOmeRunDaiSuki

i hope you cover MF: Sayonara no Tsubasa, Divine. T_T

AruSheri FTW!!

• October 22, 2011 at 4:24 pmRinkun

I am seriously disappointed that no one is covering C3 CubeXCursedXCurious which is probably one of the best series this season.
      I really am suprise. O_O

• October 22, 2011 at 4:40 pmPride

That’s a matter of opinion. If they were to drop another anime to pick up C3, someone would probably wonder why the dropped anime wasn’t covered, and then we’d be at square one.

• October 22, 2011 at 6:09 pmRinkun

I know is a matter of opinion i never ask anyone to pick up the series, I am just disappointed,which is my own opinion.
          Many people seem to put off by the first episode but the second epsiode is where the series start to shine.
          I am just suprise that some series that in my own opinion and according to the poll of the “most looking forward series” that is less interesting is being blog while this show is being left out.
          I know is a matter of taste and opinion or whatever. This is an anime blog the writer pick up whatever they prefer.

I been reading RC for as far as I remember and barely post if ever, I guess the reason i make the first post is because some people really do following series base on the blog/review here and they could potentially miss a imo a great series of this season from what is shown so far.

and no I am not going to reply anymore to anything relateto this.I just want to voice my thought and that’s it.

• October 22, 2011 at 7:12 pmPride

Don’t get me wrong I wasn’t trying to pick a fight. I was simply trying to back up the bloggers since your comment seemed to suggest the bloggers weren’t picking the right anime. But if you’re just out to spread the good word about C3 that’s fine.

As a matter of fact i also like C3. That and Mashiro are the two i like that aren’t being covered, but I don’t mind since Ika, Guilty, Idolmaster, Fate, Mawaru, Chihaya, Horizon, Boku, Persona, Ben-to, Mirai Nikki, Gundam Age, and Un-Go are being covered. Quite the list isn’t it? Got to hand it to the bloggers at RC here. And that’s just the list of anime that I’m following. Several others are being covered that I’m not following.

• October 24, 2011 at 12:32 amLen

Divine I was wondering why aren’t you covering Fairy Tail and Bakuman?

• October 24, 2011 at 6:59 amokitakarin

may I blog Hunter x Hunter?

• October 24, 2011 at 7:00 amokitakarin

I mean review. here of course

• October 24, 2011 at 7:43 amcybersteel

You can write a review on a single episode of it and send it via mail to Divine. You should also add how you’d got into watching anime, why you like it so much and your aspiration of what you want to achieve as a fellow member blogger of RC should you be accepted.

• October 24, 2011 at 7:52 amokitakarin

• October 24, 2011 at 5:16 pmokitakarin

Ok, i’ve sent a mail to Divine ^^

• November 30, 2011 at 8:42 amGimpyhair

I want to start watching Fate/Zero, but I heard it’s a prequel. Can I start with this or it’s better to watch the original serie first?

• December 15, 2011 at 2:47 pmSurya

Id recommend checking out Fate/Stay Night before Fate/Zero, its technically not required but I think it would help you get a better understanding of the series and some of the characters. Since Fate/Zero is going to be going on hiatus midway through anyway, you can take that time to catch up.

• December 17, 2011 at 1:23 pmStyfles

if you’re super pressed for time, you could also watch Unlimited Blade Works, which is basically a movie anime-recap instead of the actual fate stay night anime (:

• December 20, 2011 at 6:03 pmricz

11/18: Takaii dropped Kyoukai Senjou no Horizon.
      12/15: Kiiragi dropped Ben-To.

That update is T.T (sorry for late reaction >.>)

• December 21, 2011 at 1:37 amboingman

Horizon has really gotten pretty good. Wonder if Takaii regrets dropping it.
        And sad that Kiiragi dropped Ben-To, considering how far along he was with it (episode 8). Might have to do with the comments?

• December 22, 2011 at 3:12 amricz

Lolz who knows but for me… I’m really lucky that I didn’t even think that I’ll drop it
          I have no regret cause it’s really getting good compare to some overrated anime out there ;3

• December 23, 2011 at 1:26 pmRelic

Ben-to dropped? That’s a sh*tt’n shame. I enjoyed them. I HOPE it wasn’t over a few comments. People will always have their useless opinions. Like my useless opinion for example. Dang.

• December 25, 2011 at 7:31 amyumeruhime

wow~ kind of a coinceidence, but Guardian Enzo reviewed all the shows i have been watching this season. Exactly the same ^^ Maybe i will be dropping Last exile… but still XD