Kimi to Boku. – 08 »« Kimi to Boku. – 05, 06

Kimi to Boku   07   01 Kimi to Boku   07   02 Kimi to Boku   07   03
Kimi to Boku   07   04 Kimi to Boku   07   05 Kimi to Boku   07   06
Kimi to Boku   07   07 Kimi to Boku   07   08 Kimi to Boku   07   09
Kimi to Boku   07   10 Kimi to Boku   07   11 Kimi to Boku   07   12
Kimi to Boku   07   13 Kimi to Boku   07   14 Kimi to Boku   07   15
Kimi to Boku   07   16 Kimi to Boku   07   17 Kimi to Boku   07   18

「りんごのとなり」 (Ringo to Tonari)
“Next to an Apple”

If you haven’t been watching Kimi to Boku, now would be a great time to start, especially if you were turned off by the first few episodes that weren’t a great indication of how the series is as a whole!

Not only did this episode feel like high school all over again but it reminded me about what a huge impact a genuinely nice person can have on someone. Out of everyone in the group, I never expected Yuuta to be such a deep and perceptive person. While we’ve already seen how calm and collected he can be (possibly even rivaling Kaname when he’s not angry), it was a nice surprise to witness how well he handled such a temperamental situation.

While I don’t agree on accepting a confession when you don’t have feelings for the person confessing to you, it does make for an awfully cute situation when those one-sided feelings start to get reciprocated. I don’t know if it was accidental or not but Yuuta’s roundabout way of expressing his feelings for Rina through the CD he let her borrow was really cute. Throw in a well-timed insert song titled “Tomorrow” by Aoi Shouta and I’m sure that anybody watching this series would go “AWWW.”

At the end of the episode, I was a little heartbroken after I watched the two break up. As much as I wanted them to become one of those unbreakable couples, I suppose that a relationship built on the grounds of being considerate instead of being in love would have its own unique problems. Still, I have hope that something in the future might happen. Not only did Rina not return that CD but the ending shot was really something.

P.S. Is it me, or is Kayano Ai slowly taking over the anime world?

P.P.S. Hi guys! I’m sorry I haven’t been commenting in the comments but I have been reading them! Thank you to everyone who welcomed me back <3. Second, I’ve been really busy catching up with school and work but things are almost back on track and I’m happy that I’m still alive haha. Third, I quickly wanted to say thank you again for always reading my posts. Not only do I really appreciate it, but you, the readers, are my main source of motivation to continue episodic blogging. From the comments you leave to the conversations we have outside of RandomC, I love it and you guys rock! Finally, I have decided to drop coverage for Horizon. I don’t really care to explain in detail why I chose to drop it, but lack of time is one of the main reasons.

ED1.07 Sequence

Kimi to Boku   ED1.07   01 Kimi to Boku   ED1.07   02 Kimi to Boku   ED1.07   03

ED: 「なきむし。」 (Nakimushi.) by 沢井美空 (Sawai Miku)
Watch the ED!: Streaming ▼

Kimi to Boku   07   Preview 01 Kimi to Boku   07   Preview 02 Kimi to Boku   07   Preview 03
November 18, 2011 at 2:40 am
  • November 18, 2011 at 3:00 amCrusty567

I definitely thought this was the best episode of the season~ Hopefully we’ll have more of this in the future!

• November 18, 2011 at 3:17 amSirMuffin

I just realised the my sarcastic post in the other Kimi to Boku thread was meant for this one. Oh well… I’m loving it as it is. I hope it doesn’t digress back to what it was…

• November 18, 2011 at 6:14 amanon

I enjoyed this at the manga and I have certainly enjoyed it here as well. Really well done that made me go aww~

I hope they do get together in the future though…

• November 18, 2011 at 7:02 amSnuckerpooks

This show just keeps getting better! Was hoping that there might be something long term with the 2 this episode, maybe there will be. I have not read the manga.

• November 18, 2011 at 11:02 amcrazystudyguy

Does anyone know the music played during the “break up” scene the one near the end at the locker,around the 17th min kinda?

• November 18, 2011 at 12:40 pmDivine

See my comment below.

• November 18, 2011 at 7:02 pmTakaii

Just sayin.

• November 18, 2011 at 12:35 pmDivine

I’m just going to post the notes I had for this episode when I capped the screenshots and encoded the video for it back on Tuesday:

- Takahashi Rina (Kayano Ai, taking over the anime world)
    - It felt like high school all over again.
    - Unexpectedly sweet episode. Came out of nowhere in the last quarter with the insert song “Tomorrow” by Aoi Shouta.
    - Kind of sad to see them break up, because Yuuta hinted at starting to like Rina when he talked about his CD.
    - Yuuta is the most perceptive and considerate male lead to roll around in a while.

• November 18, 2011 at 1:44 pmrufe

One of my favorite arcs of the manga. Done very well in the anime as well, bravo JC staff.

• November 18, 2011 at 3:46 pmMarow

This is why I want the show to continue with its present story and not flashbacks. Not that the flashbacks are bad, far from, but because the present is so much more interesting. I can’t wait to see what happens in the later episodes. I wish that it will continue with the characterisation and love. This episode is very special. I can’t come up with any other anime that has portrayed love this way. It wasn’t over the top or anything like that. It was… almost real.

• November 19, 2011 at 2:13 amLeticia

This episode was really something special, I loved it! Yutan is so cute *O* I’d like more episodes like this one please~

• November 19, 2011 at 4:40 amHagiri

High School all over again~

• November 19, 2011 at 2:42 pmRockmanshii

I KNOW RIGHT??!! You can never know how a series will turn out.
    I admit I awww’ed a little at the end.
    I was scared last week about the love triangle, but kinda okay with it. But after watching this episode, if they handle perfectly every love plot like that I’m 100% okay with it. They can even do a love pentagon or whatever. Just like Marrow said, it felt f*ckin real! Really they’ve got nothing to envy to other anime who stall it forever. Kudos JC Staff.< Never thought I'd say that again after how I loathed Ookami-san, Yumekui Merry and Hidan no Aria. That's why since a while now I believe a same studio can do bad stuff, can do good stuff, the result can always be different.

• November 19, 2011 at 2:58 pmRockmanshii

Oh yeah I forgot, there was this Ika Musume and some other things parodied in the book Yuuki was reading. Tako musume. Guilty Vine? Lol that sounds like the name of some yaoi.

• November 21, 2011 at 12:20 amNyara♥

Very sweet episode, I like a lot this show now.