Boku wa Tomodachi ga Sukunai – 12 (END) »« Boku wa Tomodachi ga Sukunai – 10

Boku wa Tomodachi ga Sukunai – 11

Boku wa Tomodachi ga Sukunai   11   01 Boku wa Tomodachi ga Sukunai   11   02 Boku wa Tomodachi ga Sukunai   11   03
Boku wa Tomodachi ga Sukunai   11   04 Boku wa Tomodachi ga Sukunai   11   05 Boku wa Tomodachi ga Sukunai   11   06
Boku wa Tomodachi ga Sukunai   11   07 Boku wa Tomodachi ga Sukunai   11   08 Boku wa Tomodachi ga Sukunai   11   09
Boku wa Tomodachi ga Sukunai   11   10 Boku wa Tomodachi ga Sukunai   11   11 Boku wa Tomodachi ga Sukunai   11   12
Boku wa Tomodachi ga Sukunai   11   13 Boku wa Tomodachi ga Sukunai   11   14 Boku wa Tomodachi ga Sukunai   11   15
Boku wa Tomodachi ga Sukunai   11   16 Boku wa Tomodachi ga Sukunai   11   17 Boku wa Tomodachi ga Sukunai   11   18

「女子は浴衣姿がな、超可愛い(゜∀゜)」 (Jyoshi wa Yukatasugata gana, Chou Kawaii (゜∀゜))
“You See, Girls wearing Yukata are Really Cute”

After luring us with the promise that Taka and Sora might one day be reunited with each other, this week’s episode of Haganai finally delivers. While the build up to that special moment could have been a bit more emotional, it was leaps and bounds better than a certain show with its strange ideas of how to build relationships (not only with the characters but the audience).

But before any of the sappy stuff came into play, there were a bunch of trademark Haganai moments that would have made this episode stand out amongst the rest. Amongst the familiar fan-service shots, there were some great cameos if you were paying attention. Oh, and I’m sure that all of you were paying a lot of attention to Rika’s tongue as well! In terms of humor, I was pleasantly surprised with how well the show still flows even when it goes for a melodramatic approach. The story of Kodaka’s stance on keeping his natural hair color to maintain the only link he has left with his mother; even if he has to endure ridicule from his peers not only felt natural but was one of the sweetest things I’ve heard from a male protagonist this entire season!

But it didn’t stop there. Now, if you’ve been following my posts, you should know that I’ve been praying for something amazing to happen the moment Kodaka realizes his best friend has been sitting literally a few feet away from him. And while the emotions I was hoping for just weren’t there, everything else was. From the reason Yozora cut her hair to the disappointment I had for her moments before the scene started — AIC did a bang up job of hitting a high note with a scene that lasted literally seconds.

Judging from the previews, next week’s episode looks like it will dive deeper into the mystery surrounding just what happened between Taka and Sora and hopefully how they’ll both deal with finding their long lost best friend! <3

Boku wa Tomodachi ga Sukunai   11   Preview 01 Boku wa Tomodachi ga Sukunai   11   Preview 02 Boku wa Tomodachi ga Sukunai   11   Preview 03
December 18, 2011 at 4:17 am
  • December 18, 2011 at 4:18 amKyzel

They’re burning through the source material so fast… Thanks for the post Takaii. Also, the truth has been told.

• December 19, 2011 at 2:32 pmeharper256

Yup, she only needed to return to the Ash Ketchum look all along to incite the memories. I knew it.

Now, will Kodaka reach for the ‘sky’ or settle for a ‘meat’ feast? :D

• December 19, 2011 at 3:11 pmewok40k

What about Rika… I would not kick her out of bed as Kodaka did :P

• December 19, 2011 at 4:44 pmAnime>Sleep Otaku

A “Hawk” belongs to the “Sky” where he will be free… Yup! Yup!
        A “Meat” is inferior to the “Sky”… XP

• December 18, 2011 at 4:24 amsaka

i can imagine kobato meeting up with kuroneko.

• December 18, 2011 at 7:04 amCarVac

That would be awkward for Hanazawa Kana.

• December 18, 2011 at 11:52 amRickyMack

not really, houku kuwashima did a scene with two of her characters talking to each other in gundam seed. check out koichi yamadera play three characters in a row! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hVVq3PUBeTw

• December 18, 2011 at 12:00 pmAnnyms

Fukuyama Jun does that with two of his characters in a crossover tidbit in the Itsuka Tenma OVA.

• December 19, 2011 at 2:25 amStranger

Double Hanazawa.

Double Hanazawa all the way.

• December 18, 2011 at 7:18 amMasterDragonKnight

Queen of the Vampires meets Mistress of the Night, both voiced by Kana-chan.

Now that would be a sight to see. ^^

• December 18, 2011 at 10:13 amLinkark

To be honest, I didn’t see Kuroneko until now. Only saw Kyousuke and the other two.

• December 18, 2011 at 6:04 pmsorted

I saw it, but I like Kobato so much more than Kuroneko. Who are the other two?

• December 18, 2011 at 5:33 pmRaine

I could just hear them both with their “fufufu~”.

“Ku ku ku. So, you think you are a match for the Queen? You’re just a minion of the darkness!”

“You’re just a kid, and you dare call someone like me me a minion? Fu fu fu, I am the one true Mistress of the Night, bow down before me you lowly girl!”

And enter Kodaka and Kyousuke to stop them both.

• December 19, 2011 at 4:09 amewok40k

Koadaka nad kosuke rather would look at one another, sigh, shrug and exit the room, leaving the loli vampoiric queens to battle it out…

• December 19, 2011 at 6:08 amIncognito

I’m more interested in seeing what would happen if Sena met Kirino. (I’m sure Sena would squee over Kirino, the latter being a cute little sister and all.) XD

Anyway, as I said in another forum, Yozora definitely gained a lot more fans this episode.

• December 19, 2011 at 7:53 amsaka

if sena & bajeena saori were to meet, they’ll first stare at each other’s… meat.

if kirino & sena were to meet, both will start hurling insults that would not make it past the media censorship & will only be available on blu-ray.

• December 19, 2011 at 7:54 amsaka

i meant kirino & yozora in the previous post

• December 18, 2011 at 4:25 amKTNO

Looks like you guys have a thing with Guilty Crown because I really don’t see the link between the 2…

Nice ep’, Rika was beautifull (too bad that it’s never this kind of character wich “win” the love battle), but I didn’t understand why Yozora was angry at the end, she WAS in fire right?

• December 18, 2011 at 4:46 amShisui

I don’t think she was angry. I just think she was embarrassed and frustrated. She was having a good time and after everything her hair is caught on fire by the thing that looked beautiful to her. That’s too much

• December 18, 2011 at 4:49 amKTNO

True true.
        I always forget that it’s something extremely important for a girl (in anime/manga)

• December 18, 2011 at 4:55 amChaos2Frozen

@Shisui

Not to mention she’s cold and wet- that would put a damper on any party.

@KTNO

I’m pretty sure real life girls feel the same way too about their hair =_=

• December 18, 2011 at 5:29 pmShiden

@KTNO
        It wouldn’t just be the girls, though they are more likely to have long hair. Considering the relatively slow rate at which it grows and the amount of care required to properly maintain it, anyone with long hair would be rather protective of it.

• December 18, 2011 at 4:57 amlucci

is there only one episode left?

• December 18, 2011 at 5:31 amgawrshness

is next week a flashback or a timeskip? Yozora’s hair was long again in the preview. And boy they sure did hit the high note as you say…literally saving the friends’ union for the last second.

• December 18, 2011 at 5:38 amkimikimi

I though it was just a flashback of the first episode. I was a bit confused about that as well.

• December 18, 2011 at 5:36 amnagi

why fewer and fewer screencaps? :(

• December 18, 2011 at 5:41 amkimikimi

Not time? I don’t really mind though. It’s been a while since I bothered looking at screencaps unless they were directly linked into the post.

• December 18, 2011 at 11:07 amTakaii

For the short format post, it’s designed to have 18-21 screencaps.

• December 18, 2011 at 5:36 amSeriously

Why was there a need to mention Guilty Crown in a post about a completely unrelated anime? No I am not defending the writing but I don’t understand why the “bashing” has to escalate out of it’s own post. It’s so unnecessary.

Back to talking about Haganai. Wish Yozora actually wore a yukata though Kodaka’s fantasy was satisfying enough. Does this mean that there’s very little hope for there ever being a second season since they’ve gone past a lot of source material? Sad to see it end.

• December 18, 2011 at 12:11 pmScruffy

They’ve only just finished the 3rd light novel. There’s 7 light novels so depending on what they do with the next episode there is enough source material to make another season right away if they wanted to.

• December 18, 2011 at 6:17 pmSeriously

Oh that’s great news. Thanks for the heads up. I’d be more than happy to watch a second season. :)

lol I don’t see why I deserve thumbs downs for my previous post. I’m not saying anything that isn’t true.

• December 18, 2011 at 6:30 amBass.EXE

Seeing the Oreimo gang again got me so excited. I was looking for more of them the rest of the episode.

• December 18, 2011 at 6:39 amryugan

well i dont know how they will manage this in the anime but

• December 18, 2011 at 6:54 amstaticology

Nooo, Sena end, I’m still hoping against all the unlikely odds!
    Normally I have a hard time feeling sympathetic with Yozora, considering how cruel she can be sometimes, but the fireworks scene had me feeling terrible for her. Maybe it’s because I’m a girl too, but I could feel her embarrassment radiating, and I probably would have reacted the same way. That would be a mortifying thing to go through.

Otherwise, Rika’s pout was adorable! She should wear her hair down more often. Seeing Sena and Yozora competing was pretty funny- they were really acting like friends. And Kodaka is as sweet a protagonist as ever. Is it any wonder why Yozora, Sena, and Rika all fell so hard for him?

• December 18, 2011 at 7:11 am0927123

So Yozora finally pulled out her trump card eh.

Cameos were great, oreno cameo and the Hirasawa Yui ‘cameo’ if you were listening to the attendance, had to play it twice to make sure!

• December 18, 2011 at 7:15 amewok40k

Rika is great, from the tongue technique to employing Largehard (pun intended?) to obtain doujinshi… “All those moe-gap elements are only tools for delivering naughty jokes” – epic win!
    LOL @ cameos by both Ore Imo team and Kobato’s “show within a show”.
    Finally we are at the Yo-Sora moment… Can’t wait for the ending, OTOH will miss the show when it ends.

• December 18, 2011 at 8:01 amKinny Riddle

Like previous episodes before this, this episode could have nearly chosen to end in a sudden depressing mood, though the final scene took me pleasantly off-guard, and complements well with Kodaka’s dream flashback in the opening scene.

Next week should wrap up this decent first season well.

• December 18, 2011 at 8:36 amUmadBro?

so theres a 2nd season?

• December 18, 2011 at 9:23 amKinny Riddle

Not really, as there’s still plenty of stuff from the novels that have yet to be animated. So it’s a general assumption on my part.

I was just using the phrase “first season” for lack of a better description, as whether or not there’ll be a “second season”, this is still its “first season”, no?

• December 18, 2011 at 9:17 amGhostalker

I would probably be more happy if it’s Meat, but I guess this is ok also. They have been building this meeting of Yozora and Kodaka from the start.

Meat! Meat! Meat!

Riikkkaaaa!

Yozora!

• December 18, 2011 at 10:43 amAvalanche

I support short-haired Yozora!
    I enjoyed the firework part, but I kept thinking there could’ve been a better way to deal with the embers in her hair. Then again, short-haired Yozora.

• December 18, 2011 at 3:41 pm0927123

If Kyon has a thing for pony-tails, I have a thing for short-hair. lol

• December 18, 2011 at 1:49 pmjingoi

Since a Kobato or Maria end is unlikely outside of fan material I want Kodaka to be with Rika (bet she wouldn’t mind more girls).

• December 18, 2011 at 3:05 pmKiria

I guess I’ll get used to Yozora’s haircut, but other than that, just about everything else about this episode was amazing. My favorite ep of the series by a long shot :3
    So sad it’s almost overr!!

• December 18, 2011 at 4:24 pmn30nL16ht

this was way too fast, its like they’re burning the whole pages of the 3rd novel in just a sec!

hope sena still wins the love battle but its exiting to know how yozora feels too after this episode, because for the most part of the anime she hasn’t showed that much interest in a romantic relationship with kodaka.

• December 19, 2011 at 9:28 pmbertman4

So if the current series is only up to novel 3 or 4, will there be a second season? Or are they going for an anime original ending? Even if there is an ending, is there a possibility of an alternate ending OVA for the other girl?
      In any case, this episode was most excellent. I really wish Yozora wasn’t so bitchy so we could have seen her in a yukata.

• December 18, 2011 at 5:07 pmBeedle

Someone might have said this before but, Sena can be both awesome and creepy at the same time o_o

• December 18, 2011 at 9:10 pmRS456

This is still one of the few animes that didn’t disappoint me yet. I hope it doesn’t have a disappointing ending.

• December 18, 2011 at 11:18 pmHarumi

It has been the most consistently enjoyable out of all the shows that aired this season. My only hope is that it stays as true to the LN as possible so that we can expect a second season.

• December 20, 2011 at 9:05 pmRS456

I was disappointed with Mashiro-Iro Syphony. It was interesting till it hit last 3 episodes. It is one of those subtle animes that subtleness is what makes it interesting.

• December 18, 2011 at 9:56 pmCorn

Awww Taka x Yozora :D

• December 18, 2011 at 10:20 pmWhee

:D So far, this has been great- way above expectations. Let’s see how they tie the ends.

And yep, had to rewind and double check kirino’s gang after catching a glimpse of what looked like kuroneko’s head at the corner of my eye.

• December 18, 2011 at 10:45 pmRelic

I’m so glad she chopped the hair! I was so sick of looking at her hair with little ribbons at the end of them. All I could think of when I noticed her hair was the donkey’s tail from Whinny the Pooh. That moment at the end, while nice, was pretty…… Underwhelming. I hope the manga, builds it up a tad bit more.

• December 20, 2011 at 7:31 pmbertman4

Found an image of the yukata illustration from the light novel. Here.