Bleach – 355 »« Bleach – 353

Bleach – 354

Bleach   354   01 Bleach   354   02 Bleach   354   03
Bleach   354   04 Bleach   354   05 Bleach   354   06
Bleach   354   07 Bleach   354   08 Bleach   354   09
Bleach   354   10 Bleach   354   11 Bleach   354   12
Bleach   354   13 Bleach   354   14 Bleach   354   15

「一護vs銀城、ゲームの空間へ 」 (Ichigo vs Ginjou, geimu no kuukan e)
“Ichigo vs. Ginjou! To the Game’s Space”

Summary:
Yukio traps Ichigo inside an alternate dimension using a handheld game console. When Tsukishima attacks Yukio, Ginjou and Chad hold him off as the game “save” completes. Yukio explains that he did not enough battery power to trap Tsukishima, and that they have been attracting too much attention. Tsukishima leaves after the Xcution’s demands, but Chad collapses shortly afterwards.
Ishida calls Inoue to the hospital where he’s staying, and asks her to heal his wounds immediately. He states that Ichigo has come into contact with the person who had attacked him, and Inoue surmises that it may be the same person who had attacked her. As she heads back, she bumps into Chad, who asks her to come help with Ichigo’s training.

Later at the Xcution’s alternate hideout, Chad wakes up. Ginjou wonders why Tsukishima didn’t keep fighting as he could have cut them down if he had continued. He then asks Yukio to create a training space for him and Ichigo to fight. Inside the game, Yukio gives them each 6 lives and they summon their fullbrings to begin the battle. As Chad and Inoue reach the hideout, Riruka meets them and confronts Inoue, who states resolutely that she will help Ichigo. Yukio sends her into the game world where she sees a heavily injured Ichigo who has lost almost all of his health points.

In the Urahara Shop, Isshin and Urahara discuss Ichigo’s future and an unknown project, asking Rukia to insert her reiatsu.

Bleach   354   Preview 01 Bleach   354   Preview 02 Bleach   354   Preview 03

Omake

Bleach   354   Omake 01 Bleach   354   Omake 02 Bleach   354   Omake 03

Impressions:
As usual, Ichigo and his friends are being exceedingly secretive to each other even as the situation quickly degenerates. I know they have their reasons, but it is still incredibly stupid and makes things a lot worse than they should be. Luckily for now, Tsukishima is still mostly screwing around, but there are small scenes hinting at his moves, to which Ichigo and Ginjou are still clueless about. They continue training — this time inside Yukio’s fullbring. Ichigo is unable to do anything against Ginjou as he is beaten within an inch of his life, literally, and Inoue is brought in as the “health potion” (keeping in line with the video game theme). Of course, this is still a pretty standard, formulaic fight, so you can expect Ichigo to get roughed up for a little longer before he gathers his willpower, powers up, and defeats his opponent.

Near the end of episode we get Urahara and Isshin doing some scheming of their own, involving Ichigo. Notably, Rukia is revealed early on as the third party, instead of manga timeline which kept her as the “mystery shinigami” until they actually meet up with Ichigo.

Note that there wasn’t anything special for Christmas or for the last episode of the year, but there will be a one-shot filler episode for New Years next time.

December 28, 2011 at 2:25 am
  • December 28, 2011 at 3:26 amGorillafunk

I’d prefer fillers over this nonsense

• December 28, 2011 at 3:36 amsoursix9

In my opinion, the Rukia reveal completely killed the point of those few scenes with Urahara and Isshin; what was the point of the whole “mystery Shinigami” deal in the manga if they’re just going to reveal her early on and kill the surprise?

*sigh* Even if you haven’t read the manga, anyone could probably guess why she’s there. -_-’

• December 28, 2011 at 5:38 aminori-san

why revealing that its Rukia so soon……kills the lil’ suspense manga readers used to hv awhile back

• December 28, 2011 at 8:43 amArcad

I know right, they didnt even show that in the manga til later.

• December 28, 2011 at 5:46 amNecromas

It’s Hanatarukia!

• December 28, 2011 at 8:28 amvegeta617

To all those who are not happy with the “Rukia Reveal” earlier than previously thought, keep in mind that this may have been the only idea the writers could come up with because they had to stay true to the manga and the audience would have been able to figure out the voice for the character anyway, just by seeing the end credits and following it up online.

In short, it would have been spoiled one way or another, so just deal with it and move on.

• December 28, 2011 at 9:52 amBleach filler arcs > bleach canon adaptations

She said one line. And that one line was “right”. It wasn’t an important line.

They could have omitted it.

They wanted to reveal rukia this early.

• December 28, 2011 at 11:56 amMoeronic

Imo, the manga had a much better way of revealing Rukia. Like the guy above me said, they could have easily omitted this line. The real Rukia reveal was much better in that, without spoiling too much, it symbolized the reboot of the series.

Still, this arc sucks with or without Rukia.

• December 28, 2011 at 2:27 pmDa5id

5th time they used the flashback of Orihime being Tsukishima-slashed. In a row.

And I honestly think the anime is doing it’s best to fix this arc. ANY changes are welcome.

• December 28, 2011 at 3:08 pmBekas

If I already didn’t like the way Rukia was revealed in the manga after the skip, I certainly hate the way it was done in the anime. Seriously? Now a couple scenes with Urahara and Isshin are useless. Bah.

• December 28, 2011 at 6:27 pmDicc Jently Jr.

Why is it always the people who read the manga that get upset about the anime “ruining the suspense” when they already know whats going to happen since they read the manga?

• December 28, 2011 at 7:31 pmsoursix9

I believe it’s mainly the principle of the directors/animators changing an aspect or scene from the manga that people thought was good, for no apparent reason, when they clearly could have kept it the same.

Of course I’m not surprised about anything that happens in the anime, since yes, I have already seen it, it’s just that it can ruin the excitement or suspense a scene gave you in the manga.

• December 28, 2011 at 10:45 pmRyudo

@Dicc Jently Jr: Because the people complaining about this are also concerned about the non-manga readers. It’s stupid that they decided to ruin that moment in the Anime when they could’ve kept it the same as in the manga, making the suspense as to who it is much better. It also made the whole Isshin & Urahara moment a bit more mysterious. But since they all gave that away now it kinda ruins the point.

• December 28, 2011 at 10:02 pmderp…

As rule of thumb: if your reveal is going to be asinine, predicable, and leads to an ultimately nonsensical conclusion, it is better to not add more build up with the suspense.

• December 29, 2011 at 6:17 amSeven

Why does Rukia look like a dude? Not to mention the other black chick, She looks more manly than most of the other male characters.

• December 29, 2011 at 10:26 amDusk

I don’t know how perceptive the other manga readers are, but I remember when I was reading the manga chapter and this mysterious shinigami was shown along side Isshin, I actually thought it was Kurosaki’s sister, Karin. Hey, don’t laugh! =( Anyway, the mystery factor actually kept me interested enough to continue reading weekly (I usually only catch up once a month). However, I don’t see that anticipation happening for anime-only fans, especially those who are not a fan of Rukia.

• December 29, 2011 at 12:11 pmDa5id

Well, at least now they won’t have to speculate and be disappointed later!

• December 30, 2011 at 11:58 pmarky

they want to reveal rukia soon so they can use her in fillers

• December 31, 2011 at 11:00 amstarss

I found it funny that the omake shows the first time the Soul Society has been seen in this arc so far! Good to see the gang again.

• January 1, 2012 at 12:27 amProoof

do you mean the preview?
      the omake for this episode only showed Ichigo inside a game with Inoue

• January 1, 2012 at 8:51 pmstarss

Yeah, the preview! That thing.

• January 1, 2012 at 12:12 pmconyo985

Well I don’t care what others think but I’m enjoying what I’m seeing now from Bleach. Sure the Rukia reveal may piss off others who knows the manga reveal. I didn’t read the manga so I didn’t know. I don’t mind if she’s revealed this early. In fact I’m even more excited when she was shown. I just know more good things will come after the New Year’s special, that is.

• January 4, 2012 at 5:57 amstarss

Is the next episode going to skip a week? There was no 355 yesterday!