BRAVE10 – 01 »« Mashiro-iro Symphony – 02

Danshi Koukousei no Nichijou – 01

OP Sequence

Danshi Koukousei no Nichijou   OP   01 Danshi Koukousei no Nichijou   OP   02 Danshi Koukousei no Nichijou   OP   03
Danshi Koukousei no Nichijou   OP   04 Danshi Koukousei no Nichijou   OP   05 Danshi Koukousei no Nichijou   OP   06

OP: 「Shiny tale」 by Mix Speaker’s, Inc.
Watch the OP!: Streaming ▼

Danshi Koukousei no Nichijou   01   01 Danshi Koukousei no Nichijou   01   02 Danshi Koukousei no Nichijou   01   03
Danshi Koukousei no Nichijou   01   04 Danshi Koukousei no Nichijou   01   05 Danshi Koukousei no Nichijou   01   06
Danshi Koukousei no Nichijou   01   07 Danshi Koukousei no Nichijou   01   08 Danshi Koukousei no Nichijou   01   09
Danshi Koukousei no Nichijou   01   10 Danshi Koukousei no Nichijou   01   11 Danshi Koukousei no Nichijou   01   12
Danshi Koukousei no Nichijou   01   13 Danshi Koukousei no Nichijou   01   14 Danshi Koukousei no Nichijou   01   15
Danshi Koukousei no Nichijou   01   16 Danshi Koukousei no Nichijou   01   17 Danshi Koukousei no Nichijou   01   18
Danshi Koukousei no Nichijou   01   19 Danshi Koukousei no Nichijou   01   20 Danshi Koukousei no Nichijou   01   21
Danshi Koukousei no Nichijou   01   22 Danshi Koukousei no Nichijou   01   23 Danshi Koukousei no Nichijou   01   24
Danshi Koukousei no Nichijou   01   25 Danshi Koukousei no Nichijou   01   26 Danshi Koukousei no Nichijou   01   27
Danshi Koukousei no Nichijou   01   28 Danshi Koukousei no Nichijou   01   29 Danshi Koukousei no Nichijou   01   30
Danshi Koukousei no Nichijou   01   31 Danshi Koukousei no Nichijou   01   32 Danshi Koukousei no Nichijou   01   33
Danshi Koukousei no Nichijou   01   34 Danshi Koukousei no Nichijou   01   35 Danshi Koukousei no Nichijou   01   36
Danshi Koukousei no Nichijou   01   37 Danshi Koukousei no Nichijou   01   38 Danshi Koukousei no Nichijou   01   39
Danshi Koukousei no Nichijou   01   40 Danshi Koukousei no Nichijou   01   41 Danshi Koukousei no Nichijou   01   42

「男子高校生と放課後、スカート、怪談、同伴少女、文学少女」
(Danshi Koukousei to Houkago, Sukaato, Kaidan, Douhan Shoujo, Bungaku Shoujo)
“High School Boys and After School, Skirts, Ghost Stories, a Female Escort, the Literature Girl.”

I don’t often try to force a new show on readers, but if you’re not watching “The Daily Lives of High School Boys” even after all the good things I said about it in the Winter 2012 Preview, you should start asking yourself why. “Do I not like good shows? Do I not want to watch the funniest show of the season? Do I not want to laugh until it hurts?” If you’re not watching this show simply because you didn’t like the character designs you saw from one piece of promo art, I dare say our blogger/reader relationship is over! (Okay, not really, but go watch the first episode before you think I’m talking “craaazy”.) If you’re not sold on this series even after watching the premiere, fair enough. I can accept that. If you don’t even watch the first episode, you’ll likely be hearing about it from me in the year-end Best of Anime post though, as this is already the forerunner for my favorite comedy of 2012.

At its core, Danshi Koukousei no Nichijou is a slice-of-life comedy where boys will be boys. Not only that, but where boys will be stupid. …stupidly awesome that is. We follow a trio of high school boys idiots from Sanada North, Tadakuni (Irino Miyu), Hidenori (Sugita Tomokazu), and Yoshitake (Suzumura Kenichi), who are too good for last names in a Japanese show. Cast-wise, Sugita Tomokazu and Suzumura Kenichi — two of the funniest seiyuu in person — bring all the idiotic goodness, while Irino Miyu tries to play the straight guy in the never-ending manzai routine, only to epically fail every time for our personal amusement. When Tadakuni’s in tears, I usually am too from laughing too much. What makes the comedy work so well isn’t just the fact that the three of them do really stupid things, but the fact that they do those stupid things even when they know exactly how stupid they are. They ignore common sense and just go wherever their trollish inner desires take them. What’s more, they’re completely shameless, which makes their hijinks an absolute riot.

Anyone who’s seen the pre-airing mini skits are probably already been on board Square Enix and Sunrise’s collaboration project, but for those who haven’t, don’t sweat it because three of the eight were part of this first episode. Thus far, every skit has been brilliantly scripted. This includes the pre-opening sequence skit with Sunrise trolling themselves and Square Enix just because they can. The ghost story and female escort ones were new to me and hit the mark just as well as the others. Even when things weren’t overly funny, all it ever took was one scene to change all that. The humor comes in all forms too, such as Hidenori’s sarcastic inner dialogue that’s hilariously reminiscent of Kyon in Suzumiya Haruhi thanks to Tomokazu. In terms of side characters, I’ll be looking forward to seeing more of Tadakuni’s faceless sister (Takagaki Ayahi) and the Literature Girl (Hikasa Youko), who don’t even have proper names. Anyway, I think I’ve said my fair share to give this series some well-deserved attention, so I’ll just leave you with one final recommendation: Go watch it. Go watch it NOW!

* Equivalent trade at its finest. “Touka Koukan!”
* Full-length images: 06, 16, 21, 33, plus a special spread for all you guys out there.

ED Sequence

Danshi Koukousei no Nichijou   ED   01 Danshi Koukousei no Nichijou   ED   02 Danshi Koukousei no Nichijou   ED   03

ED: 「文学少女」 (Bungaku Shoujo) by ENA
Watch the ED!: Streaming ▼

Danshi Koukousei no Nichijou   01   Preview 01 Danshi Koukousei no Nichijou   01   Preview 02 Danshi Koukousei no Nichijou   01   Preview 03

End Card

Danshi Koukousei no Nichijou   01   End Card
January 10, 2012 at 10:43 pm
  • January 10, 2012 at 10:48 pmWhee

Surprisingly had me laughing xDD
    Nichijou with boys +_+

• February 17, 2012 at 7:00 pmAnon

Nichibros

• January 10, 2012 at 10:51 pmKurisu Vi Britannia

Downloading this later for a laugh. XD

• January 10, 2012 at 10:51 pmMrRei

Potato chips on SALE!!

• January 11, 2012 at 1:10 amCybersteel

Half-priced potato chips? Does those things even exist? Smells like Ben-To!

• January 12, 2012 at 10:07 amstuff

potato means fries in Japan. They sell them at convenience stores.

• January 10, 2012 at 11:06 pmStilts

Not going to lie, I haven’t laughed out loud at a show this much in a loooong time. I mean, I’ve already done that for multiple shows this season a few times, but nothing like this. This show is friggin’ awesome! Go, watch it. Watch it now!

• January 11, 2012 at 12:05 aminfo600

Not going to lie either, I haven’t laughed out loud at a show from only screen captures this much in a loooong time…

(sorry for the C&P off your comment there Stilts, but it was that funny)

• January 11, 2012 at 5:03 amSeishun Otoko

This show would work very well with your blogging style :D

• January 11, 2012 at 5:22 amKamimamida

Double the fun! If Stilts is up for it, then I wholeheartedly support this idea!

• January 11, 2012 at 9:24 amCroos

If you were just in IRC, I would have already forced you to see some of the PV before it aired. :>

• January 11, 2012 at 12:05 pmStilts

But if I did that, then I would never get anything done! >_<

• January 10, 2012 at 11:11 pmTaiakun

I wouldn’t go as far as saying it’s in the running for the comedy of the year, but it is definitely a good laugh. Despite the comedy however, didn’t really feel like my kind of thing though. However I thought the same of the likes of Lucky Star, Working!! and Kimi to Boku when they first came out and ended up loving those series. Will watch a few more episodes and maybe it’ll grow on me :)

• January 11, 2012 at 4:10 pmAni_BEE

But Lucky Star kind of rots one’s brain…

• January 13, 2012 at 3:36 amActar

Hm… Being such a brilliant show, it is a wonder that only one group is subbing it…

• January 13, 2012 at 1:44 pmSuppa Tenko

Do you ever see anyone shave their nipples off in Lucky Star?

BTW that Gundam coloured Zaku…. I want one…

• January 12, 2012 at 2:03 amProgeusz

Putting Lucky Star and Working into one sentence… why would you do something so horrible to Kagamin & Konata?

• January 12, 2012 at 2:24 amKurisu Vi Britannia

Ikude Gansu…

• January 10, 2012 at 11:23 pmEspada

that panty scene xD

• January 10, 2012 at 11:30 pmbullrogg

screen shots won me over. gonna check this out.

• January 10, 2012 at 11:31 pmSaya

This was awesome. This the show that I expected from Kimi to Boku, which I still liked, but not for what I thought I would. That last skit with Bungaku Shoujo really hit it home with me. I have always wondered how acting out a drama/scripted scene on would work out given the circumstances. Not very well I guess.

• January 11, 2012 at 12:48 amCybersteel

Yea right? I was too expecting Kimi To Boku to be like this. Too bad though. But this show is awesome can’t wait till next episode.

BTW, my high school uniform has the same design as theirs = Epic!

• January 10, 2012 at 11:59 pmpaiser

dotei power

• January 11, 2012 at 12:20 amFFF

I tought she wanted to piss or something.

• January 11, 2012 at 12:27 amderp…

“gundam colored zakus”
    Well, that 1 image is funny enough to make me give this a try.

• January 11, 2012 at 1:02 amCybersteel

I knew something was off.

• January 11, 2012 at 12:37 amJimhawk

It seems as though the wind blew something hilarious into town.

• January 11, 2012 at 12:46 amCybersteel

Bwahahaha! Freakin hilarious a male version of Nichijou.

• January 11, 2012 at 12:47 amZannafar

It’s insane how many parodies, both of specific shows and whole genres, are crammed into this show. The pre-opening sequence scene alone already parodies Gundam, Dragon Quest, typical romantic comedy opening scenes (Running to school with bread in your mouth) and Nichijou (giant explosion in the middle of the town in the first minute).

Also the level of parody varies greatly, from easy to understand stuff (Gundam again) to multi-layered parodies like one scene from the preview airings, when

I definetly agree that this is already a candidate for best comedy of the year. I had already watched the bungaku shoujo scene 10 times before and still have to laugh.

• January 13, 2012 at 1:51 pmSuppa Tenko

Actually, its not a parody of Dragon Quest, its a parody of Final Fantasy. GundamxFF
      SunrisexSquare

• January 14, 2012 at 7:34 pmWritetyper

Well, SquareEnix has “Enix” right there on the name, the maker of Dragon Quest. And those costume design looks very Dragon Quest-ish.

• January 11, 2012 at 12:47 amTSouL

I overlooked this series in the previews, but after reading your first sentence, I decided to watch it real quick…

Funniest show this season imo. Started laughing at 10 seconds in.

• January 11, 2012 at 12:55 amLitho

Hmm … Looks better than Daily Life of Drying Paint (aka Kimi to Boku), so I might as well give it a shot.

• January 11, 2012 at 1:00 amnaixil

already onboard after watching the 5-min mini-skits shown before the premier. am so glad they decided to put the skirt-wearing skit into ep01. absolute hilarity~

• January 11, 2012 at 1:12 amCybersteel

“Leave behind your tsundere childhood friend, throw out your little sister who’s unrelated by blood! Run past that beautiful mysterious transfer student until she fades into the distance!”

My favorite quote, epic win and I totally agree with said statement.

• January 11, 2012 at 1:20 amRockmanshii

Saw the skits from the pvs like three times and I still laughed. It’s true that Sugita Tomokazu and Suzumura Kenichi are hilarious together.

• January 11, 2012 at 1:24 amalabaster

I love how even the ending song was trolling us.xD

• January 11, 2012 at 1:41 amMrBrownSound

The end really got me laughing like crazy.

• January 11, 2012 at 2:01 amKyzel

Divine, or anyone, please keep regular weekly coverage of this! It’s worth the lulz! *Ahem* That opening with the gundam-colored-Zakus totally caught me off guard, and Amuro’s manual leading into DQ… epic. Yoshitake must be related to Chiba (Mitsudomoe) somehow!

• January 11, 2012 at 2:09 amFFF

Much better.

• January 11, 2012 at 2:14 amexia

First 3 skits weren’t funny.

The last one by the river bank though, hahahaha that was golden.

loved hearing the thought process he had when the girl sat down next to him. If all the skits were of this level of calibur I would make this a regular show.

I’ll wait for next episode before I drop or continue.

• January 11, 2012 at 2:58 amDivine

You didn’t find the skirt one funny when Tadakuni got trolled and then starting waving the chair around telling Hidenori and Yoshitake to die? That part killed me.

• January 11, 2012 at 10:43 amKethy-chan

I agree. I laughed so hard, I almost choked on my lunch (I watch anime at my lunch time at work, and must seem like a big idiot, laughing alone in my cubicle)

• January 11, 2012 at 3:04 amUmadBro?

most of the skit were very funny to me except the ‘scary story’ skit

• January 11, 2012 at 4:46 amSeishun Otoko

I thought the scary story skit was the funniest. I LOL hard at the reaction from Tadakuni’s sister.

• January 11, 2012 at 10:44 amDivine

Yoshitake shaving his nipple off? That was golden!

• January 11, 2012 at 6:52 pmScruffy

I had a friend do something similar when he was drunk and decided to wax his chest *shudders*

• January 11, 2012 at 2:15 amXziled

i went through something similar to what happened to tadakuni during the liturature girl skit, only replace the river bank with a shared apartment room… to this day i still question what happened that day

• January 11, 2012 at 2:39 aminfo600

The actual review for this episode: the jokes themselves may be a hit-or-miss affair, but the EXECUTION of the jokes…they were golden – due to the characters’ overreactions towards almost all normal situation (that and maybe some characteristics…).

• January 11, 2012 at 2:49 amUmadBro?

who would take thier sister skirt n garment to wear LOL!
    omg this is soo funny

• January 11, 2012 at 2:53 ambillng

This was SOOO FUNNY. Love the voice actors from Gintama, they just make it that much better

• January 11, 2012 at 3:08 amCroos

Yeah , Divine I know how you feel.
    !!!!!Go watch it. Go watch it NOW!!!!
    Finally next episode
    I can see the girl of my dreams. XD

• January 11, 2012 at 3:13 amsuff

So… 6th is final fantasy?

• January 11, 2012 at 10:59 amDivine

Final Fantasy or Dragon’s Quest — take your pick.

• January 11, 2012 at 11:44 amShiden

It’s definitely DQII.

• January 11, 2012 at 3:20 ammtle

Did not expect this to be so funny.. I thought it would be a slice of life like Kimi to Boku but I was just smacked right in the face. Reminds me of SYD but just funnier.

• January 11, 2012 at 3:27 amKGFJ

wow. This anime has a Gintama-vibe (not to mention it also has sugita tomokazu as seiyuu, hurr hurr!!!), and that is a compliment for a comedy series!! I never thought I would laugh that bad!!
    Totally on my list. Love the setting and the characters!! The “horror stoy” part was just too funny, the last one too!

• January 11, 2012 at 11:01 amDivine

As mentioned in the Winter 2012 Preview, Gintama’s director Takamatsu Shinji — who also directed School Rumble — is helming Danshi Koukousei, so it’s probably no coincidence.

• January 11, 2012 at 2:53 pmboingman

No wonder, that random funny information displayed at the top of the screen while they presented the sponsors reminded me of School Rumble.

• January 12, 2012 at 9:30 pmstarss

I thought that delinquent looked a lot like Harima.

• January 11, 2012 at 3:55 ammurong

I wonder if that girl will be a recurring character seeing as she was on the promo picture. I hope so.

• January 11, 2012 at 4:04 amSlushiZ

AHAHAH too funny, I was looking forward to this since the hilarious promo skits. I hope it goes on forever because i could use a weekly stomach workout :D

• January 11, 2012 at 4:09 amstaticology

Best skit was Literary Girl by far.
    I actually didn’t find the Scary Stories skit very funny at all.

I’ll be looking forward to this every week though!

• January 11, 2012 at 4:10 amNitro

i would like to personally thank square enix and sunrise for opening up the opportunity for crossdressing/genderswap fanart on the *very first episode*

• January 11, 2012 at 4:13 amHana

The skirt skit got a smile out of me. It’s actually the best any comedy has done. I like this, though I wouldn’t call it absolutely fantastic.

• January 11, 2012 at 10:41 amKethy-chan

Honestly, when Tadakuni walked out and he was the only one with a skirt, I almost lost it. LOL

• January 11, 2012 at 4:29 amryuuzaki

got some good laugh, real loud lasting laugh in this show!

• January 11, 2012 at 4:53 amSeishun Otoko

Danshi Koukousei no Nichijou is freaking awesome. Can’t remember when was the last time I LOL so hard. Our baka trio are hilariously over the top, but this is by far the most accurate portrayal of high school boys. Unfortunately for the fujoshis, boys do have the tendency to act like retards (at times). I’ll admit the thought of what it’s like to wear a skirt has crossed my mind and BS-ing about some very repulsive stories in the hope of grossing everyone out, those are some good memories :)

• January 11, 2012 at 5:07 amkuroishinigami

I love this show. Laughing so hard from the boys’ troll. This is how highschool boys supposed to be when they’re not busy looking for girls, having fun by trolling each other lol.

• January 11, 2012 at 5:15 amUnFear

I’d say what makes this series so funny is how relatable the situations and characters are. We’ve all done stupid and embarrassing things and this show brings up those memories. I myself can personally relate to the girlfriend visualization and horror story skits since I’ve been on the trolling end of them.

• January 11, 2012 at 6:43 amiron2000

Wasn’t planning on watching but because of that Zaku screenshot I watched it.
    Didn’t laugh that hard but the funny parts came through as funny to me :P

The Literature Girl skit reminds me of Kyon’s solo mental monologues (same seiyuu anyway).
    So far the skits except the first one are pretty down to earth.

The first one stands out using the IP of both companies and a skit that reminds me of Hayate no Gotoku.

The ED is pretty original too :P

• January 11, 2012 at 2:56 pmboingman

Yeah, the Library girl one was my favorite due to the “Kyon-moment” alone. Those were the main reason why I love(d) Haruhi.

• January 11, 2012 at 6:46 amwaystlander

I don’t think I’ve ever laughed so hard during an ED.

• January 11, 2012 at 7:25 amKinny Riddle

Any comedy show with Sugita Tomokazu performing = instant pure win. Especially his OTT inner monologues on supposedly mundane situations.

Rather than Kyon, Sugita’s performance in this show reminded me more of Gintama, and no wonder, since both Sugita, Suzumura Kenichi and even the Director Takamatsu Shinji all worked together at Gintama, and boy that series can really get you laughing your ass off most of the time.

PS Don’t be trolled by the “ED” this episode, even the captions after the credits said that wasn’t the real ED.

• January 11, 2012 at 7:35 amKinny Riddle

As there’s just too many funny sketches to comment on, I’m writing this separately from my post above, or else it’ll get too long.

The show aired at 2am here in Tokyo, so this show had me struggling to contain my laughter, lest I incur my neighbours’ wrath. lol

- After all the dating simulations, Tadakuni lamented “But we’re in a boys’ school”.

- Yoshitake shaving his nipples till it bleeds. LOLWTF

- Hidenori and Yoshitake totally trolled Tadakuni into wearing a skirt. Man, I actually laughed out loudly here.

(Gotta love Square-Enix parodying FMA here: “Transmuting” a pair of panties. Nice… )

(Trap alert: Who else here thought Tadakuni actually looked so moe in a skirt?
    http://randomc.net/image/Danshi%20Koukousei%20no%20Nichijou/Danshi%20Koukousei%20no%20Nichijou%20-%2001%20-%20Large%2019.jpg )

The moment where Tadakuni’s sister catching her brother wearing her underwear red-handed was just pure gold.

- Maybe it’s the seiyuu (Hikasa Youko), but Literature Girl’s hime-haircut and her getting all flustered reminded me of Mio a bit.

• January 11, 2012 at 8:28 amSora no Kaze

Too many gags… that it was funny. Definitely a funny anime, if you’re a person that likes people… well acting abnormal and weird. Too be honest… I wasn’t expecting much out of the anime to begin with, but he first joke they did got me hook line and sinker and made me come back for more.

• January 11, 2012 at 9:03 amAK-47

I like trains

• January 11, 2012 at 10:04 amRakkyo

This episode just taught me the meaning of ROFLMAO, literally.

• January 11, 2012 at 10:26 amKethy-chan

Oh, this has indeed been a wonderful lunch time for me: I was laughing at my cubicle the WHOLE episode!

• January 11, 2012 at 10:34 amgoldenash

god, the nipple-shaving scene XD and the ED is just pure win. i wish someone here could follow this series regularly. :D

• January 11, 2012 at 10:38 amfairx

already winning my heart. hopefully the trend will go boom and we’ll have many more anime of these type …

half price potato chip .. ROTFL!!

• January 11, 2012 at 11:59 amBenigmatica

Say, since this is a Sunrise Show… I think that these Zakus are not ordinary Zakus, they might be called Nise Gundams so to speak!

• January 11, 2012 at 12:19 pmbaldurian82

Ok, this is a REAL show about dumb high school boys, I’m happy to forget abouy that damn genderless Kimi to Boku.

• January 11, 2012 at 1:06 pmJustin

Ah…it’s good when a show you believe is going to be great turns out exactly as such^^

• January 11, 2012 at 1:49 pmlaaa

rofl all over the place and I loved it

• January 11, 2012 at 4:13 pmrochichan

Oh my gosh. I loooooove this series~ it’s so funny. Makes me wonder if there are actually boys who act like this in real life…. X’D

• January 11, 2012 at 5:39 pmCybersteel

From experience I can say yes there are.

• January 11, 2012 at 6:08 pmcow

I watched this while eating my dinner. Bad idea.

• January 11, 2012 at 6:34 pmKlaatu

This show is going to get me through the upcoming semester at uni – so freaking funny.

• January 11, 2012 at 7:27 pmCarol

‘Maximize your virgin power!’
    xD LOL at that part.

• January 11, 2012 at 9:33 pmZhinvu

I was already expecting something special when I saw those Gundam colored Zakus. The FFF Inquisition’s attempt to punish Tadakuni was a riot. I didn’t expect a lost girl asking for directions as the punchline. I was wondering if they’ll include Tadakuni’s potato chip dialogue in the ending song lyrics since there was a pattern but I thought that’s already too silly…oh wait they did.

• January 11, 2012 at 10:25 pmDebuChocobo

Funniest show of this season, really? I couldn’t understand why you guys would find this series funny. The only scene that made me laugh was the parody of FMA, other than that I find the supposedly random jokes too predictable.

• January 11, 2012 at 11:21 pmJohn

Hello Divine. I am a long time fan of yours and I like when you get defensive when someone tries to point out something you did. God of defense. Anyways, i wish they showed the sister’s face and hope they don’t keep hiding it in future eps.

• January 12, 2012 at 12:25 amDivine

I don’t quite understand this comment.

• January 12, 2012 at 4:52 amCroos

Don’t worry Show Spoiler ▼

• January 11, 2012 at 11:31 pmtess

I almost can’t handle how funny this show is! Me and my friends were laughing so hard today at this show! I can’t wait for the rest of the episodes.

• January 12, 2012 at 12:35 amBlueFalcon

This show it’s pure lol moments XD but I didn’t understand the chopsticks story, can someone explain me?

• January 12, 2012 at 9:57 amstuff

the chopstick story is just a spoof of scary stories. Usually its something like, you pick up a hitchhiker and when you look in the rearview you don’t see anyone. In this case, he sees a random girl at the cafeteria and after shes done eating, all the food is still there, but with one extra chopstick, which isn’t scary, just completely random. The punchline, is that the Little Sister was listening on the story and she was already puking in the bathroom before they got there.

• January 12, 2012 at 2:00 amProgeusz

I can’t decide between this High School Gintama and Symphogear. Currently in desperate need of second episodes.

• January 12, 2012 at 6:30 amn0216332

oh lord :’D so funny

• January 12, 2012 at 11:12 amsuff

For some reason I think this show is better suited for a female audience.

• January 12, 2012 at 2:23 pmOTL

For some reason I think you must never have had male friends.

• January 12, 2012 at 12:59 pmAvgJoe

Dafuq did i just watch? ROFL

• January 12, 2012 at 8:30 pmActene

First time I’ve ever paid attention to a seiyu in anime before: Hidenori is Gintoki Sakata. And since Gintama has always been and forever will be my #1 comedy anime, this is basically a condensed Gintama with shorter stories and without the action/adventure/sci-fi stuff.

Gotta say, pure win and an unexpected gem in the winter lineup.

• January 12, 2012 at 8:51 pm2606

So… Are you going to keep on blogging this show, Divine?

Seeing you going all out on exclamation marks is kinda priceless, not something one can see everyday.

• January 12, 2012 at 9:00 pmDivine

Undecided. If anything, I might have to drop some of the shows I’ve already said I’m going to blog.

• January 12, 2012 at 9:33 pmstarss

Am I the only one who didn’t see how the last skit was the funniest this week? …was she aiming to have the moment exactly like how she wrote it in her manuscript? I guess that’s not my type of humor.

• January 13, 2012 at 1:57 amSoiyeruda

Comedy is incredibly subjective and varied for each person. If you aren’t a fan of inner-dialogue humor (which was the main aspect of that particular skit with the ending coincidence as a great punchline), chances are, you wouldn’t have enjoyed the last skit as many others have.

• January 13, 2012 at 2:02 amSoiyeruda

Just to add, I particularly enjoyed the girl’s facial expressions and movements. It’s like she was some anxious pervert or something.

• January 13, 2012 at 4:15 amYoshitake’s Nipple

Don’t try to think about the situations seriously or logically. The comedy is more about the character’s reactions and interactions. And like Soiyeruda said comedy is extremely subjective. It can depend on how well you relate to the situation, if you get know certain references or how well you are able to understand Bakemonogatari wordplay . Sadly not everything is going to be funny for everyone and that’s okay. Hopefully the other skits got you laughing as hard as Bungaku Shoujo did for others.

• January 13, 2012 at 1:55 amSoiyeruda

I probably laughed a lot less than I could have though I definitely found the show hilarious with the panty, ghost story, and literature girl being my favorite ones this week.

• January 13, 2012 at 7:59 pmIzzard

I’d say it’s more close to Gintoki’s inner voice style that crops up whenever he gets himself into awkward situations. Kyon’s style is more composed/cynical.

• January 14, 2012 at 1:39 amDefuser

Divine, I seriously suggest you should watch Gintama if you enjoy this show.

• January 14, 2012 at 5:46 pmDa5id

Oh my god…this show…oh my god…

I honestly can’t wait till this gets licensed. This show deserves ALL OF MY MONEY.

• January 15, 2012 at 9:41 pmMitsuba

LOL Gintoki’s voice just cracks the hell out of me out

• January 17, 2012 at 12:52 pmThe Shizard

Unlike any comedy i’ve seen in a while. Brilliant execution (sounds wrong doesn’t it?)
    Does remind one of Gintama a little.

• January 17, 2012 at 1:08 pmCroos

Cause the director is the same as Gintama.

• January 18, 2012 at 12:51 amAnimesetsuna