Papa no Iu Koto wo Kikinasai! – 06 »« Papa no Iu Koto wo Kikinasai! – 04

Papa no Iu Koto wo Kikinasai! – 05

Papa no Iu Koto wo Kikinasai   05   01 Papa no Iu Koto wo Kikinasai   05   02 Papa no Iu Koto wo Kikinasai   05   03
Papa no Iu Koto wo Kikinasai   05   04 Papa no Iu Koto wo Kikinasai   05   05 Papa no Iu Koto wo Kikinasai   05   06
Papa no Iu Koto wo Kikinasai   05   07 Papa no Iu Koto wo Kikinasai   05   08 Papa no Iu Koto wo Kikinasai   05   09
Papa no Iu Koto wo Kikinasai   05   10 Papa no Iu Koto wo Kikinasai   05   11 Papa no Iu Koto wo Kikinasai   05   12
Papa no Iu Koto wo Kikinasai   05   13 Papa no Iu Koto wo Kikinasai   05   14 Papa no Iu Koto wo Kikinasai   05   15
Papa no Iu Koto wo Kikinasai   05   16 Papa no Iu Koto wo Kikinasai   05   17 Papa no Iu Koto wo Kikinasai   05   18
Papa no Iu Koto wo Kikinasai   05   19 Papa no Iu Koto wo Kikinasai   05   20 Papa no Iu Koto wo Kikinasai   05   21
Papa no Iu Koto wo Kikinasai   05   22 Papa no Iu Koto wo Kikinasai   05   23 Papa no Iu Koto wo Kikinasai   05   24
Papa no Iu Koto wo Kikinasai   05   25 Papa no Iu Koto wo Kikinasai   05   26 Papa no Iu Koto wo Kikinasai   05   27
Papa no Iu Koto wo Kikinasai   05   28 Papa no Iu Koto wo Kikinasai   05   29 Papa no Iu Koto wo Kikinasai   05   30
Papa no Iu Koto wo Kikinasai   05   31 Papa no Iu Koto wo Kikinasai   05   32 Papa no Iu Koto wo Kikinasai   05   33

「少女に何が起こったか」 (Shoujo ni Nani ga Okottaka)
“What Happened to the Girl”

Only in an anime can you have a guy looking cool while holding a Band-Aid.

Seriously though, it’s difficult for me to not just type “I Love this Show” a few hundred times. While it would make writing this post a lot quicker, it just wouldn’t do this show justice. The only gripe I have at the moment would be how badly the first episode might have led people to believe that this show was full of dirty things, which in turn may have caused them to drop it. But as we’ve all seen, things are focused more on the relationships that Yuuta and his new family are slowly building. Be it trusting one another or accepting the reality that girls and boys have totally different views on certain delicate topics, every episode feels like it’s building on the previous one. Giving the impression that Yuuta and his nieces are not only getting more accustomed to each other but dare I say it, starting to see each other as a “family.”

That said, Sora probably shares the closest relationship with Yuuta amongst the three sisters. While most of her affection for Yuuta probably comes from her huge crush on him, I’m impressed with how the writers manage to downplay the possibly dirty aspects of her feelings and shift them into the realm of the mutual love that family members share. It also doesn’t hurt that Yuuta is apparently either too dense or too nice to notice her feelings since I would hate for this show to turn into some kind of dirty fantasy for doujinshi writers out there. Luckily, if all else fails Yuuta seems to have his wits about him during awkward situations and Sora is too timid to push things too far.

The other reason that I love this show is definitely the humor that’s sprinkled in to keep things lively. Even though I’m dreading the possibility that Sako may get the chance to actually see Yuuta’s nieces, you can’t deny that his character provides a great amount of comedic relief. If you can look past his odd obsessions and scarily accurate senses at picking out the details of little girls either by their scent or voices, it’s fun to laugh at the situations he ends up in. Luckily if that wasn’t doing it for you, Atarashi Kurumi might be the person who’ll get you laughing. Seeing how she fits the bill as one of those strange seiyuus who end up getting into character at the wrong times and is Yuuta’s next door neighbor, I can totally see her appearing more often to provide more laughs.

As the end of the episode suggested, it looks like that the issue of having enough money is under control for the moment. With Yuuta working multiple jobs to finance his new family, it looks like the story is going to avoid the monetary problem route and go for the health problem one instead. While I’d love to be wrong, scenes of Hina in the tub alone and Yuta on his knees looking depressed lead me to believe next week’s episode will be sad :(

P.S. Hina still makes me hnnnnnnnnnnggg everytime I see her. For those who pay attention, did you notice how she smacked her head against the table when she bowed? TOO CUTE.

Papa no Iu Koto wo Kikinasai   05   Preview 01 Papa no Iu Koto wo Kikinasai   05   Preview 02 Papa no Iu Koto wo Kikinasai   05   Preview 03

End Card

Papa no Iu Koto wo Kikinasai   05   End Card
February 7, 2012 at 10:07 pm
  • February 7, 2012 at 10:12 pmBrit

Hina is Pure Hnnnnnnng material. so cute

• February 7, 2012 at 11:36 pmTakaii

• February 8, 2012 at 4:24 pmZhinvu

With emphasis on “Pure.” Hina puts the H in Hnnnnnnng.

• February 7, 2012 at 10:19 pmSoiyeruda

Oh god, when Hina smacked her head on that desk, I was certain she was going to cry. It sounded like it hurt.

• February 7, 2012 at 10:19 pmcancerlad

I really liked Atarashi Kurumi. Her character design is really cute, and she seems like a really nice girl. Unfortunately… Show Spoiler ▼

• February 7, 2012 at 11:04 pmDrycona

• February 8, 2012 at 8:02 pmcancerlad

Great to know! I’ll have to check it out.

• February 7, 2012 at 10:26 pmPockyG

Sora asking for permission to call Yuuta onii-chan got me to hnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnng.

• February 7, 2012 at 10:43 pmStilts

I don’t think this show has the precise comedic timing and effortlessly superb storytelling that Rinne no Lagrange and Ano Natsu are exhibiting, but the warm, fuzzy feelings I get from every episode always have me rolling around clamoring for more. That’s why this is still my #1 series of the season!

Also:

Yes, I did. It lead me to spontaneously tweet (shameless plug!) the following: “#Papakiki…Hina…burst a blood vessel… SHE’S JUST TOO CUTE!! gaaah! DX”. Then I convulsed from the cuteness for a good minute solid before I could proceed. HNNNNG!!

• February 7, 2012 at 11:37 pmTakaii

I’m glad we agree Stilts. (:

• February 8, 2012 at 4:54 pmZhinvu

At the rate she’s going, they might need to keep Hina away from Saimoe. She’s maybe an instant champion from day 1…just maybe.

• February 7, 2012 at 11:01 pmRoguespirit

It kinda irks me how Miu is always saying Yuuta has no tact and lacks delicacy when nothing is really his fault. Why would they change right in front of the door? And the second time they run out while he’s there. Such things always irk me.

• February 7, 2012 at 11:28 pmgecd

because she is still a grade schooler

• February 7, 2012 at 11:44 pmsarcastic_weasel

If you’ve ever lived in Japan, you’ll understand why you change in front of the front door. In my old apartment, for example, the bath room (where you shower/bathe, as opposed to the western-style bathroom) was right in front of the genkan (basically the front door). Since showering meant that the whole farking room got wet, I had to put my clothes, towels, etc, outside the door, which meant it was right outside the front door. So if someone walked in the front door while I was coming out of the shower, someone would get an eyeful. Kyaa?

So yeah, I totally get it. Changing any other place meant a dance with hypothermia. No thanks. Japan can be freaking cold. I know my apartment was. *Brr.*

• February 9, 2012 at 6:54 pmDaSilva

Your bathroom didn’t even have a 脱衣場? Man you must have lived in one tiny apartment. The datsuiba is this partition between the hallway and the shower/bath area, usually with a sink and mirror, being the place for people to change and dry off.

If one were to rent an apartment for one occupant like Yuuta, chances are you won’t have this though, as it takes up more space. Unless of course you pay a premium for your place to stay.

When I was in Japan I was at my university’s dorm in Shibuya near the Olympic Youth Center. The dorms had shared bathing so we all got naked together. Fun. The HUGE bath was luxurious beyond belief and I was definitely glad I didn’t have to find my own place.

Out of curiosity where’d you stay in Japan?

• February 9, 2012 at 8:41 pmStranger

No matter what- it will always be the guy’s fault.

I dare you to find a single example of the opposite.

• February 10, 2012 at 11:26 amBeedle

@stranger

MajiKoi episode 4 first half?

• February 10, 2012 at 1:00 pmSilver

Well I always thought that if you lived in a small apartment with 3 girls, it would always be a good idea to knock. At least that would solve most of the problems with Yuuta seeing Sora.

• February 7, 2012 at 11:07 pmbaltar

Anyone else suspicious about what voice acting the neighbor actually does? By how evasive she was when asked, I suspect she may be a VA for some of Sako’s favorite games, as it were.

• February 7, 2012 at 11:16 pmDaSilva

She’s the voice actor for Hina’s favorite show. And if Hina figures out who she voices, it should be even more fun.

• February 7, 2012 at 11:28 pmScruffy

To be precise .. she’s the voice actress of the villain in that episode (hence the line that is repeated), although it was only a bit part. I think if I recall correctly she mainly does adverts.

• February 7, 2012 at 11:12 pmDaSilva

Totally called last episode that the genkan changing room was going to be played for accidental pervert laughs.

Sako is hilarious. His talents have expanded from moe seeking missile to intelligence collection and police sketch artist. If you feed him the perp’s description, he can have a moe wanted poster up on the net in minutes. His network of social contacts is also impressive, getting Yuuta that INTENSE job.

Hina and Miu’s manzai combi is also great. Miu’s tsukommi is excellent and Hina’s antics are heart melting. I’m willing to bet Hina’s voice actor rehearses a TON to speak incorrectly on purpose. It sounds like a drunk Japanese baby with all the slurring and it’s adorable.

Looking forward to more.

• February 7, 2012 at 11:23 pmMissingnomer

More cuteness, moe, and awkward moments incoming. I am loving this anime so far, it only gets better! Though Divine, I feel pretty bad for Hina, I mean, she slammed her head on that table, OUCH!…But she is still cute! Being cute is tough. Haha.

• February 7, 2012 at 11:36 pmTakaii

Takaii is the one who writes about this show. Divine likes to tease me about my love for Hina.
      (;

• February 8, 2012 at 2:35 pmMissingnomer

Oops, my bad Takaii. Keep up the awesome posts! :)

• February 7, 2012 at 11:28 pmsatuors13

How come people in the anime world (90%) would open doors with their eyes close? Ever notice that lol

• February 7, 2012 at 11:35 pmgecd

————^——————–
    I have no problem if it about Sora or Raika or…Miu
    but if they dare to use Hina as H doujin object, I swear I ll kill them with a spoon
    ( sadly I wont attend this year Comiket )

• February 7, 2012 at 11:39 pmTakaii

+1 Likes.

• February 8, 2012 at 12:25 amSilver

“I have no problem if it about Sora or Raika or… Miu”
      Lol!

But kill them with a spoon? That’s messy. You need to think of a cleaner way.

• February 8, 2012 at 1:50 amBeedle

Spork?

• February 8, 2012 at 6:40 pmAex

“It’s dull, you twit! It’ll hurt more!”

Sorry, couldn’t resist.

• February 8, 2012 at 6:46 pmRoguespirit

Death by Tray it shall be.

• February 8, 2012 at 12:16 amIslidox

I swear I get a dose of diabetes everytime I watch an episode. Hina is too cute…. HNNNNNGGG!

On the other hand, why do I have a feeling that the peniultimate episode will revolve on Hina and her inability to cope with her real parents gone. I don’t think anyone has properly explained to Hina that her parents are dead (never coming back), so I have a feeling this will be a major plot point.

Also I spy potential babysitter material in this new next door neighbor. Should help Yuuta’s situation a bit.

• February 8, 2012 at 12:22 amHitoha

i want to be in a situation where I am with 3 cute girls life is not fair

• February 8, 2012 at 1:19 amEliteF22

Yuuta’s crush has been getting barely any screen time. :(

• February 8, 2012 at 2:39 amSaya

:( I wish she had more too. Raika is probably my favourite character aside from Hina.

• February 8, 2012 at 5:31 amMR.KLAC

well i’m sure later on they show some raika ep focus part besides it could happen.

• February 8, 2012 at 6:42 amSaya

Yeah for sure. But I hope its sooner than later. The senpais are just hilarious.

• February 8, 2012 at 2:41 ammac65

Yuuta is apparently either too dense or too nice to notice her feelings”

I kinda disagree. Remember, she confessed to him already (in her sleep). He knows how she feels. But he also knows
    it’s a young love (i.e. puppy love) and is treating it as such. He’s not going to destroy it by exploiting it to his advantage.

It appears that the secondary characters aren’t going to directly interact with the chemistry in this new family, but mainly
    seem to act as fillers (comic relief) to give the audience pause – so things don’t seem so rushed. I especially liked
    the neighbour voice actress – who happens to voice the villain in Hina’s favourite Anime!

This show is definitely focusing on Sora and Yuuta. Okay, she took the wrong bus, couldn’t she just take the return bus
    back? It was a little bit of a weakness in the plot to highlight to growing closeness between them – I was more surprised
    that he didn’t scold her for making the trip to return his phone alone
    . But, the writer’s wanted to show that there is a
    connection between Sora and Yuuta that began when they were much younger (the fall and palm-burn – I remember those
    and they really really sting – especially when rain hits it!) So one wonders if that was included to show her scolding herself
    for her feelings? Am I reading too much in…?

Because of the ages of the characters, I’m not expecting a Yosuga no Sora story ending, but I’d be disappointed if their
    relationship didn’t continue to develop beyond this point.

• February 8, 2012 at 2:58 amgawrshness

The factory guy in the end made a very valid point xD

• February 8, 2012 at 3:07 amSerapita

And they have to shout ‘I love strawberry!’ too, that part was freaking hilarious.

• February 8, 2012 at 3:20 amricz

Nice episode XD
    Love hina but I miss raika already XD

• February 8, 2012 at 5:12 amAzuma

If and when I ever have kids I’d want a cute one like Hina! Henshin pose with that pot hat is just… too much.

• February 8, 2012 at 5:53 amMR.KLAC

indeed give really like one of favs to watch right now.

yea sentai if you’re reading this please dub this series as well someday come this dub worthy.

• February 8, 2012 at 6:14 amRakkyo

Who are you joking, Takaii?

That said, I do share the sentiment.

• February 8, 2012 at 2:51 pmTakaii

The world!

• February 9, 2012 at 12:18 pmSnicket

I’m guessing the latter, since it would be too problematic address said situation.
      It’s like when you notice your friend’s little sister or one of your younger/older sibling’s friend has a crush on you. Knowing that if you were to act on either of these, wouldn’t go well and pretty much just opening a can of worms.

• February 8, 2012 at 8:32 amyeahair

I know of a good place where he could put the band-aid. *me thinks about Bakemono and nose bleeds*

• February 8, 2012 at 4:48 pmZhinvu

Quite a knack for suspense there Papakiki. I panicked in my seat when it was Sako-sempai who called and was shouting (in vain) at my screen for the girls not to answer. And yes Takaii that THUD on the table can’t go unnoticed. Hina’s a tough one.

Kamen Rider Henshin! That merited so much awesome points since coincidently the previous Kamen Rider series also had a Hina character. That’s gotta be the second Kamen Rider reference since Sako-senpai in episode 1. Another Hina Highlight right there but to date:

This still ranks high in my Hnnnnnnng-meter.

• February 8, 2012 at 7:16 pmSilver

Also I’m not sure if I’m right or not but the book near the beginning of the episode that Hina was looking at… was that Sailor Moon?

• February 9, 2012 at 12:54 amvrr4141

No. It is Luna Luna sebun…

• February 8, 2012 at 10:40 pmLectro Volpi

This show is pure guilt pleasure. The tsundere girl is bearable which says a lot.

By the way: Yuuta is what? a japanese literature studend? what a waste of education! he will be better off getting a third job in another 7-11 for sure money.

• February 8, 2012 at 10:44 pmBeckett

ICHIGO DAISUKIIIIIII!

ICHIGO DAISUKIIIIIII!

Hahaha this show is the height of just too much.

• February 9, 2012 at 12:21 pmmike

everything is going way too diferent from the manga ._.
    but… they are keeping the escence of the story =)

• February 9, 2012 at 3:30 pmWhee

HINNNNNNNNNNAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

• February 10, 2012 at 10:23 pmSynchronicity

HANAMURA STRAWBERRY DAIFUKU ARE SUPPOSED TO BE MADE BY CUTE ANIMALS IN THE FOREST!
    YOU CAN’T RUIN CHILDREN’S DREAM.

Now THAT was epic lol.

cute animals? http://randomc.net/image/Papa%20no%20Iu%20Koto%20wo%20Kikinasai/Papa%20no%20Iu%20Koto%20wo%20Kikinasai%20-%2005%20-%20Large%2031.jpg