Bleach – 362 »« Bleach – 360

Bleach   361   01 Bleach   361   02 Bleach   361   03
Bleach   361   04 Bleach   361   05 Bleach   361   06
Bleach   361   07 Bleach   361   08 Bleach   361   09
Bleach   361   10 Bleach   361   11 Bleach   361   12
Bleach   361   13 Bleach   361   14 Bleach   361   15
Bleach   361   16 Bleach   361   17 Bleach   361   18

「新たな姿!護廷十三隊、見参!」 (Arata na sugata! Gotei juusan tai, kenzan! )
“A New Appearance! Meet the Gotei 13!”

Summary:
Ginjou stabs Ichigo, and Ishida recalls what happened the day he was attacked. Ginjou had ambushed him as he was chasing Tsukishima, and afterwards they discussed their plans. Tsukishima reveals that cutting a person a second time with his sword reverts them to normal. By inserting Tsukishima as an enemy into his past, Ginjou was able to get close to Ichigo. The other members of the Xcution discuss how their mission is almost complete. Ishida deduces some of the details of their plan, and Ginjou explains how they had played Ichigo from the very beginning.

Ginjou extracts Ichigo’s fullbring with his sword, and he collapses to the ground, crying out in despair. He screams at Ginjou to return his powers, but is suddenly stabbed in the chest by a glowing sword. He turns around and sees Isshin and Urahara, then slowly Rukia also materializes, holding the sword. In a sudden whirlwind, Ichigo transforms into a shinigami again. Rukia berates Ichigo for being a pussy, and they bicker for a bit. Ginjou states that it’s impossible for Rukia’s spiritual poweralone to restore Ichigo’s powers, but several of the captains and lieutenants arrive on the scene and reveal that they had all contributed their reiatsu. Ichigo then begins battling Ginjou again, blasting him with increasingly powerful attacks.

Bleach   361   Preview 01 Bleach   361   Preview 02 Bleach   361   Preview 03

Omake

Bleach   361   Omake 01 Bleach   361   Omake 02 Bleach   361   Omake 03

Impressions:
We’re finally reaching the climax of the arc, and even though recent developments have been poorly written, you would have to agree that it’s pretty cool seeing Ichigo getting his real powers back again. The crap talk coming from Tsukishima and Ginjou that made up the first half of this episode pretty much guaranteed that no one would feel sorry for them once they get their ass kicked. Admittedly, some of the build-up was a bit cheesy but that fight scene at the end was definitely epic, especially when Ichigo sliced Tsukishima’s mansion in half and blasted away all the clouds in the sky with one attack. The shinigami are back too, after a long absence (fillers don’t count), and judging from the manga, the upcoming fights should be at least somewhat interesting to watch. Of course, their entrance timing just had to be exactly when Ichigo was at his most critical moment, and really, no explanation is given as to why they had to wait until Ichigo had been completely crushed before acting, so I’m assuming it was just to maximize the dramatic effect. And yes, it was very dramatic indeed.

Like last week, I’m looking for some feedback on my posts and writing, so if you have anything you want to say about what you like, don’t like, would like, or just about the general format of posts, feel free to leave comments below. Also, please mark your answers in the polls below if you haven’t done so already (the second one is the same poll that was in the manga post).

February 27, 2012 at 11:48 pm
  • February 28, 2012 at 12:18 amkonart

Fortunately Bleach has almost reached it’s finale.

• February 28, 2012 at 12:18 amkonart

*its

• February 28, 2012 at 12:39 amProoof

well, the manga still has a long way to go

• February 28, 2012 at 12:46 amkonart

Fortunately its only one last arc.

• February 28, 2012 at 1:08 amDa5id

Fortunately, I have a dislike button

I know Bleach has been…lacking in recent years, but it’s still got time to have a decent ending at least. I hope…

• February 28, 2012 at 1:31 pmL002

We still can’t rule out the possible fact that, like Naruto, Bleach may come back with a new name. Not to mention, a tactic like that would make fans want to see the anime again.

But at least kubo should include a movie with more love dammit. Bleach movie 1 was the only one that had a decent love scene.

• February 28, 2012 at 3:10 amEspada

• February 28, 2012 at 12:36 amSeven

Why did they turn Rukia into a dude? did I miss a plot twist somewhere?

• February 28, 2012 at 4:15 amKaleRylan

I have to agree. Bleach has a very particular art-style that separates its men and women with very specific facial features, and in the anime they seem to have accidentally given her the features that they usually use for men in bleach. It’s really weird. She doesn’t look manly, but she looks very much like one of the more effeminate male bleach characters.

And I don’t remember thinking that when I saw this chapter in the manga, so I feel like she’s off model, hopefully they give a more feminine facial structure in the next episode.

• February 28, 2012 at 1:26 amDa5id

And thus, this arc achieves the only reason it was there: to get Ichigo his powers back. Which, as I’ve said before, was in the back of every fan’s head the moment the idea that he may lose them showed up during the final fight with Aizen. And he never even needed Ginjou’s help at all. He could have just waited for an invisible girl to stab him. What a dumbass.

Next episode: WHY ME SAD THE ANIME IS ENDING. (“why me sad” was the actual chapter title, btw)

• February 28, 2012 at 1:51 amronri

I agree with you, this arc had so much potential. Instead, all the events almost had no influence to the next arc that followed whatsoever, almost as if waiting for Rukia to show up and give him powers was the only real reason it was even made.

• February 28, 2012 at 2:29 amDa5id

Good lord…the next episode takes up 3 episodes, so if they do that for the next 4, they’ll end the show right at the point where Show Spoiler ▼

Although, I have to admit, the adding Ichigo’s inner world and the quotes and call backs from Episode 9 (when Ichigo vowed to defeat Grand Fisher and face his mother in the afterlife) was an excellent touch to the return of his powers. I didn’t even know where that quote was from until I watched the Memories In The Rain OVA, which covers the same events (figured if Bleach is ending now, I might as well watch all of Bleach I haven’t seen yet before the finale). So I will commend Bleach on offering me one last mindblowing moment before it drives me to explode in trolling rage.

• February 28, 2012 at 8:46 amdeafvader

This arc purpose was not just to give him back his powers. But to take away his imbal power he used on Aizen but still power him up and give him a new look.

• February 28, 2012 at 9:47 amDa5id

What in the hell are “imbal powers”?

• February 28, 2012 at 12:30 pmSeven

imbalanced

• February 28, 2012 at 12:42 pmSol Fury

Wait, wait, off topic – the anime is finishing?

• February 28, 2012 at 2:47 pmDa5id

Who’s to say the aren’t still imbalanced? Show Spoiler ▼

@Sol

Yeah, that’s what’s going around. Though we won’t know for sure until the 27th.

• February 28, 2012 at 10:10 pmronri

@Da5id

• February 29, 2012 at 1:19 amSeven

Wait so did he get he old power back or a new power, why did he sword change and why can he STILL not turn his sword back into it’s first form? Oh and did he dad get his powers back the same way? there are just so many lose ends that make no sense.

• February 29, 2012 at 1:20 pmderp…

@Seven
        It was said in side material that Kubo drew this new design to represent that Ichigo’s shinigami powers, and his fullbring powers have fused.

So I guess this is his old powers, but modified? I just want to know if Zangetsu is back.

• February 29, 2012 at 1:33 pmSeven

Ok that’s fine and all. So he can still bust out his hollow mask and stuff? But really how did he dad get his powers back? So many things that will probably never be explained. Mainly why training a fullbring restores soul reaper powers. Or did it not give him them back and they just made that up to trick ichigo so they could steal his fullbring. and why is his fullbring so special that they all want it? Because you wear it? is that because he’s half human, half soul reaper? I could go on but it’s starting to feel like ranting. You get the idea

• February 28, 2012 at 2:04 amKagura

damn i think im shipping ichiruki now, rukia is gorgeous!

• February 28, 2012 at 8:06 pmfoofiebeast

what were you before????

• February 28, 2012 at 2:18 amDmonHiro

Again: where is my “I don’t follow either manga or anime” option?

• February 28, 2012 at 2:29 amDa5id

Why do you follow these blog posts if you don’t watch either/or? Sorry, I gotta ask.

• February 28, 2012 at 7:32 amDmonHiro

Slow work days, mostly. If it’s the top of the page, I read it.

• February 28, 2012 at 3:04 amZero Hour 17

If you read the latest manga chapter you would know that Ichigo getting his powers back wasn’t the only point to this arc(though it was the focus) It introduced us to fullbring which appears will not be going away with the members of Xcution

• February 28, 2012 at 3:28 amDa5id

There’s nothing to imply that what that guy did was Fullbring. We’ve seen Quincy powers before, and they work very differently. Fullbring is in English, Quincy powers are in German. Bleach has always made it clear that when the majority of results from one source of power have a different language motif, it is a different power altogether.

Zanpakutou: Japanese
      Quincy Powers: German
      Hollow Powers: Spanish
      Fullbring: English (besides Chad)

So what place could Fullbring possibly have in an arc solely based on Quincies?

• February 28, 2012 at 5:55 amZero Hour 17

In an arc where they have hollow masks, I think just about anything can happen. And without a full explanation from kubo Quincy powers could be a subset of full bring or vise versa. As much as people bash kubo, I doubt that he would create an entirely new type of power for basically what qualifies as a filler arc

• February 28, 2012 at 3:09 amPeter mc Harry Balls

How did Tsukishima cut Ichida. Can he toggle his power on or off?

• February 28, 2012 at 8:48 amKandur

He can. Riruka will state it later, if you don’t follow the manga.

• February 28, 2012 at 3:18 amHaVOC

If there is one thing I would point out in your posts, is that in the anime post (unlike the manga post) the summary is separated from the impression. This works well with final impressions of a series, but for a single chapter or episode your writing become rather generic, and it feels like the impression gets lost a little. I think it would be better to combine the two and break it down piece by piece.

Nothing i said is meant to to be an insult, that’s just what i think from your resent posts.

i also cant spell worth a crap so have fun with my errors

• February 28, 2012 at 12:02 pmProoof

would I be correct in concluding that most people don’t care much for the summary and that it would be better if I got rid of it or meshed it into the impressions?

• February 28, 2012 at 2:49 pmDa5id

But if you only have five episodes left, why change your style now? Why not just ride it out until it ends, then continue what you’re already doing with the manga?

• February 28, 2012 at 6:31 amBEN

Yeah you could definitely work on making your impressions a little bit more interesting because to be brutally honest with you they really aren’t up to par from what I usually get from this blog. I don’t know about the manga posts since I don’t read the manga but the anime ones really do need some work.

• February 28, 2012 at 11:57 amProoof

I’ll do what I can, but keep in mind it’s more difficult to talk about interesting things when the anime only goes over material already covered in the manga

• February 28, 2012 at 12:15 pmhoiut

One idea is to treat it like it’s completely new. Write your impressions of an episode as if you’ve never seen the source chapters. Or simply paste your impressions of said chapters in their corresponding episode. ;)

• February 28, 2012 at 7:28 amAndré

Do people really read the summary for these episodes? I go straight to the impressions. I don’t see the point in reading a summary of what I already wacthed or of watch I will watch.

• February 28, 2012 at 9:17 ambalderdash

I suppose summarizing the episode is par the format, but it’s such a useless addition when you end up reviewing the episodes a week after they aired. Nobody needs a summary. I suppose that’s where you can flex your writing skills the most and showing attentiveness towards the plot line of the show, but I think summaries in general are overrated.

• February 28, 2012 at 11:19 amYukie

I thought the animated version did a better job in showing Ichigo’s despair. It felt like this was one of the few times where we see Ichigo actually weak, the other time being his fight with the Grandfisher (sp?. It actually made Tsukushima sound more sincere than sarcastic when he said he felt sorry for Ichigo.

• February 28, 2012 at 1:14 pmJustinnnnnn

Well hello there Prooof! I’ll give you my opinion as regards to your reviewing, if its of any help!

To start with, I honestly don’t know if Bleach is the only series you blog here at RandomC, but if it is, well…Let’s just say one cannot critize a blogger’s writing if the person only blogs Bleach, given how anything barely happens in that series.

That also explains why the short posts on your behalf too; if they were long they’d ever be redundant or a huuuuge text wall pointing out all the flaws Bleach has had this recent years…And that’s no fun. In other words, I’m personally okay with the fact you keep your posts short, so long as they go straight to the point like you usually do here.

Seriously, all possible criticism I could do is automatically nullified by Bleach’s poor execution. In any case, there are certains point you could talk about, like how good did you think the episode’s animation and music were. Did they help bring out the emotions from the viewer, or just ruined the whole atmosphere? Would you have wished events had developed in a different way? If so, how, and why? What about the omake too, did you find it silly (I did, at least), or surprisingly funny?

…Those shorts barely make me chuckle most of the times, and it pains me how they usually are about recapping a certain person’s abilities…When they were just revealed that very episode (seriously, wtf?).

Anyway, hope you find this useful Prooof, have a nice day!

• February 28, 2012 at 10:02 pmronri

I agree with this in some sense. While you’ve already done a fair bit of this, I guess you can add some stuff like how certain elements felt more dramatic (or better) in the way it was depicted (or what really stood out for the episode etc.) As mentioned already, the music, the way the whole thing is put together such as the pacing and whatnot. Does it have better animation in certain areas than usual? Stuff like that? I guess…?

• February 28, 2012 at 3:51 pmBROOKLYN otaku

WOW…….naruto is wrapping things up, bleach has confirmed its end “good riddance x2″ and one piece pretty much is entering the second half-ish….MAN!!!! those shounen jump exec’s must be shitting in their collective diapers wondering what they’re gonna do when these cash cows turn to meatloaf.

• February 28, 2012 at 7:15 pmNomlicious

I honestly don’t know how to word this in an entirely PC way, but I do have one improvement that I can reccomend:

IRL circumstances notwithstanding, I think that your best improvement could be to post a bit quicker. I’m left wondering why you didn’t make this a double post considering you posted around the time 362 came out.

• February 28, 2012 at 8:29 pmJustinnnnnn

Agreed!

• February 28, 2012 at 11:10 pmSeishowmeu

Regarding the vote people are lying when they say they “just read manga” everyone who reads watches the episodes just to see if they got it right or not…
    362 Show Spoiler ▼

• March 1, 2012 at 12:16 amDa5id

Well, guys, we’ve been fooled. Bleach is simply changing channels, but will air at the same time and day of week.

• March 1, 2012 at 5:58 amronri

Oh really? Well if that’s the case, then I hope they add more extra stuff for this arc.