Bleach – 363 »« Bleach – 361

Bleach   362   01 Bleach   362   02 Bleach   362   03
Bleach   362   04 Bleach   362   05 Bleach   362   06
Bleach   362   07 Bleach   362   08 Bleach   362   09
Bleach   362   10 Bleach   362   11 Bleach   362   12
Bleach   362   13 Bleach   362   14 Bleach   362   15
Bleach   362   16 Bleach   362   17 Bleach   362   18

「復活!死神代行・黒崎一護! 」 (Fukkatsu! Shinigami daikou・Kurosaki Ichigo!)
“Revival! Substitute Shinigami・Ichigo Kurosaki!”

After seeing Ichigo’s insanely powerful Getsuga Tenshou, Ginjou tries to turn tail and run, but of course Ichigo won’t have any of that, especially after all the crap they put him through. Even without bankai, the fight was pretty epic, and regular Getsuga Tenshou hasn’t been this awesome since the first few times Ichigo used it. The fact that a bunch of high-ranking shinigami and former shinigami contributed their own reiatsu to him is probably why his power is even higher than before. I had hoped that this would also give Ichigo some new attacks or abilities, but unfortunately that doesn’t seem to be the case. However, I am glad to see that the Gotei 13 (the Captain-Commander in particular) are finally willing to bend their traditions and rules to do what is necessary and rational.

Quite a bit happened in this episode, as Ginjou is revealed to be the first substitute shinigami. Tsukishima is still screwing around with Ichigo’s friends, and there’s an emotional scene as a confused and distressed Inoue runs to Ichigo. Urahara and Isshin finally act to take them out of action and prevent them from interfering with anything else, but I really do wonder why they chose to act so late. Urahara is usually on top of things quickly, and I really feel that Kubo chose to wait until things were more dramatic before bringing in the rescue squad.

I’m also not sure how Ginjou can just take and toss around Ichigo’s fullbring powers like a bag of drugged candy and share them with the other fullbringers. He essentially gives each of them a part of Ichigo’s powers, which manifest in the form of fancy gadgets that extend their own abilities. Yukio in particular gains the ability to manipulate the reality around him with his handheld console. It’s a stupid ability, and mostly just serves as a plot device to divide all the characters into separate battles. At least there’s not too much drag with dialogue initially in the fights as Kenpachi ends his fight before it really even begins. The part where he just slices Hulk Giriko clear in half was probably the single most satisfying moment in the entire arc for me, and at the same time we are saved from enduring a long speech boasting about his power and explaining his abilities in detail.

I did enjoy how the directors added a lot of additional scenes into the anime that were not in the manga. Seeing everything in color makes the battles much clearer and more exciting. Close-up shots also show that the character designs have changed in many subtle ways to reflect their long absence, and if you compare the designs in the early years of the manga to the ones now you can quickly see how much Kubo’s art has evolved over the years.

Bleach   362   Preview 01 Bleach   362   Preview 02 Bleach   362   Preview 03

Omake

Bleach   362   Omake 01 Bleach   362   Omake 02 Bleach   362   Omake 03
March 5, 2012 at 1:30 am
  • March 5, 2012 at 2:12 amderp…

“It’s a stupid ability”
    :D
    “I’m also not sure how Ginjou can just take and toss around Ichigo’s fullbring powers”
    No one does, it’s a stupid ability. Why not give a bit back to ichigo, and then they can all be fullbring BBFs?
    What is even Ginjou’s plan? He said he was going to leave Ichigo forever. QHy did he need though powers?

And what would happen if ichigo’s fullbring was instead something like making strawberries explode into juice? How did GInjou know it would be usefull enough to go through all of these problems.

• March 5, 2012 at 2:28 amDa5id

It’s a shame that Ginjou’s powers and past won’t be explained even the slightest for the remainder of the arc, which would be the only proper time to do so.

Anyway, who else is glad that the anime isn’t ending?

• March 5, 2012 at 10:05 amDusk

Huh… Where did you hear that the anime isn’t ending? Or is that just a typo in your question?

Cuz’ as far as I know, the Naruto spin-off is taking over Bleach’s timeslot on TV Tokyo on the 3rd of April. A week before that (March 27th), the final episode of Bleach airing on TV Tokyo will be Episode 366. With the Naruto spin-off in Bleach’s timeslot, Bleach Episode 367 will be airing on TV Osaka on the 3rd of April. That episode will mark the end of the Fullbringer’s Arc. After that, no more Bleach episode will be produced. Or at least, no plans has been announced yet.

I got these info from the Japanese anime timeslot calender. I don’t think I got them wrong, but your question gave me doubts.

• March 5, 2012 at 4:03 pmDa5id

Huh, I just assumed the channel change meant more episodes. All the news about it ending at 366 made me worried, then I found out there’s an episode after that, so I figured that meant they were continuing on until the manga’s end.

I guess we’ll see, since now we KNOW there’s at least one more episode than we’ve been told. I’m glad at least this arc is gonna get an ending, even though it answers absolutely nothing.

• March 5, 2012 at 2:29 amP Ko

Ah Kenpachi, I Lol’d just as much as I did when it happened in the manga.

And Riruka looks so hnnngngngngng.

• March 5, 2012 at 8:58 amPandaman

• March 5, 2012 at 10:07 amMasterDragonKnight

Giriko: Puny Shinigami make Giriko angry! You wouldn’t like Giriko when he is angry!!

*slice*

Kenpachi: Yeah, I didn’t like how weak you were.

• March 5, 2012 at 12:43 pmMissingnomer

Now if only the other fights go as well as Kenpachi’s…and when I say well I mean a battle that lasts less the 30 seconds lol.

• March 5, 2012 at 4:04 pmDa5id

• March 5, 2012 at 7:01 pmrandom viewer

Was Ginjo just faking he was scared when he had something like that to pull off?
    I don’t want to bring up references here, but it’s just something in my mind.
    This arc is like One Piece’s Fishman Island arc to me. (I’m thinking in the contrast of the antagonists’ skill level < the protagonists' to be exact.)

• March 5, 2012 at 7:14 pmJustinnnnnn

Well, that’s typical Bleach drama…You could defend saying Ginjou simply still didn’t quite get the fact Ichigo had regained his powers…And also he had never imagined he had been this powerful.

Ginjou’s transformation…Wasn’t his hair supposed to be white in the manga? Not that I’m complaining; I found it quite stupid to dye his hair in the transformation…He’s outfit is quite silly, too…Go go go Skeletor!

• March 6, 2012 at 4:48 amronri

• March 5, 2012 at 7:11 pmJustinnnnnn

Nice post Prooof!

Total agree with that…Ichigo and Ginjou’s extended fight scene here was a good treat. The art is definetly what drives Bleach forward for me! Too bad it’s been so long since we last saw a good-budget-blown episode in Bleach (the last one I remember is the last fight of the Nozomi filler arc…That sh*t was insanely cool!)…Hope the studio saved the best for the last here!

• March 7, 2012 at 8:51 pmDa5id

Huh. This week’s chapter was actually pretty good. Aside from the fact the new bad guys apparently can Bankai.