Introduction – “Every Day I’m Fightin’ the Power”

Zanibas

tssk…at first I was going to write my introduction as a bunch of lyrics mimicking COOLISH WALK (Working!!’ OP), but then I realized it was already midnight. I’ll spare the awkwardness for another time…another post :3.

‘so, I am Zanibas, one of the new writers! Some of you may recognize me, as I’ve been on and off of RandomC for years now, all the way back to when Omni was writing. Random Curiosity may be full of history, but I particularly remember Jaalin’s posts, whose semi-silly examinations of anime aspects were appealing (perhaps you’ll see a similar style in some of my future posts…). To be part of the blog that has introduced me to great anime is a HUGE honor, so let me say, “I am in your care, dear reader!” ^^’…please don’t hurt me >_< .

Coobie’s contract says I shall be a “specialty writer” who focuses on Romantic Comedies and obscure shows. Heard of Taishou Yakyuu Musume? Obscure and light on comedic romance, it’s one of the shows I often recommend. However, popular or obscure, you’ll see me hanging around these genres. As my first assignment, I will be covering the rest of Amagami SS+, starting with the 2nd half of Sae’s arc and then most likely pick up a romantic comedy for the spring. Comment if you have a recommendation!

In terms of my anime portfolio, romantic comedy has always been the dominating genre. I started off with Love Hina about seven years ago, then moved onto Chobits and Mahou Sensei Negima. Although Sakagami Tomoyo and Ushio from Clannad will forever hold a place in my heart, new challengers vying for a spot come every season! That doesn’t mean that I don’t watch other genres! This anime list probably illustrates it best.

Romantic comedy starts aside, I’ve found philosophical anime to be a good genre to watch. Kino no Tabi tops that genre in my opinion – it was a show that depended heavily on challenging the audience every episode, which made its emotional conclusion all the more striking. (I’ve never felt more bad for Kino than any other character.) Welcome to the NHK was also a great watch for refusing a happy ending and teasing the audience every episode. Lastly…Eve no Jikan..sequel plz. ;_;.

Nichijou, Clannad After Story, REC, Seitokai no Ichizon, Level E (the first 3 episodes, arguably the last 3), Hourou Musuko, Sora no Manimani, Elfen Lied, Colorful, Oreimo and Hare+Guu are some of my other favorites…though so many others are still on my waitlist…examples being Cross Game, FMA:B, Princess Tutu

Outside of Random Curiosity, I attend the University of California, Berkeley as a student and undergraduate researcher. I am an open anime fan (Cal Animage Alpha shoutout!) who cycles through three anime tote bags to carry around textbooks. I’m majoring in Cognitive Science with hopefully another major in Computer Science. I also work as a volunteer online counselor on the topic of “crushes” *wink*. Anime/Vocaloids, Katawa Shoujo, the Japanese language, travel, and playfully wrestling with my floormates are some of my interests, but the thrill of trying new things is what I live for! Feel free to talk to me and say hello! If you’re curious about something, feel free to ask it here or ask me personally. I’m not a closed book, you know! ^__^ I also like to make references to a certain character. If you noticed the easter egg in this post and yell it out in the comments, I will love you…within my capabilities as a writer. :3

However, to conclude, I would like to say that I am truly excited about writing for this community. Perhaps one of the most supportive anime blog communities, if not the best, resides here, and I am grateful to work for such a group. As such, I highly value comments and discussion. The more you make your voice heard, the more it shall inspire my writing! Also, let’s be circle buddies!

I shall leave you with a quote from one of my favorite games, The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword, which I have reversed because I think sums up my feelings as of now.

…i think this feeling correlates close to what you humans call…

Happiness…

Our partnership is coming to a beginning, and even as we speak, i feel my desire to write waking up. Before I enter the blog that calls me to the pen, I wish to relay to you the words that i will record many times over the course of our journey. Many have said them to you thus far, but now i wish to say them for myself, before our journey begins…

…thank you, dear reader.

P.S: Specifically, thank you Xumbra for encouraging me to apply :3, thank you Bucephalus ahead of time for not scoffing at me for this D:, and thank you again reader. Let’s get along, shall we? ^^

March 13, 2012 at 10:06 pm
  • March 13, 2012 at 10:10 pmKusabi

Welcome to Randomc.
    Nice to meet you, Zanibas.

• March 13, 2012 at 10:11 pmZero

Might I recommend Tasogare Otome x Amnesia for your blogging delight. The PV seems more like a horror anime but it is just a supernatural anime with a love story in it as well. I am currently reading the manga and it is awesome! I am hoping someone chooses to blog this. But other than that I would be happy to be the 1st poster of many to welcome you to RC! Here’s to good times with great people and anime!

• March 13, 2012 at 10:11 pmZero

well 2nd poster lol :)

• March 13, 2012 at 10:17 pmXumbra

‘Bout damn time. Welcome.

• March 13, 2012 at 10:17 pmEnd3rr

Welcome and congratulations!

• March 13, 2012 at 10:18 pmThe_Magus_Killer

Welcome to RC! I see you have a Katawa Shoujo pic. Who’s your favorite KS girl from the bunch? Or is Kenji (FEMINISTS!!! XD) your favorite character from said game?

• March 13, 2012 at 10:23 pmZanibas

I’m tempted to say Rin (I use her pic the most), but her story was less emotionally satisfying and more “WHAT IS WRONG WITH MY LIFE!? D:”.

So I’ll say Emi, just because she has that “let’s try stuff!” air around her, something I really appreciate in people. NO, I am not referring to “that” scene. Also, I landed Emi whilst trying to get to Rin, so that counts for something, right?

• March 13, 2012 at 10:24 pmDa5id

Heh heh…anal.

• March 13, 2012 at 10:34 pmUnknownSoldier

“lets try stuff!” indeed ;3

• March 13, 2012 at 10:36 pmDa5id

“Let’s try stuff…in the butt. With lemon lube.”

Shit, did I just spoil half the route?

• March 13, 2012 at 10:42 pmThe_Magus_Killer

@Da5id, I see what you did there. *imitates the Misha pose* Wa-ha-ha-ha-ha!!! XD

@Zanibas: what do you guys study in Cognitive Science?

• March 14, 2012 at 3:01 pmBeedle

I was going for Lilly myself yet somehow landed on Emi’s route.

Not that I’m complaining 8D

• March 16, 2012 at 7:59 amCloud is Not Amused

Where my Lily fans at?
        Ara ara~

• March 16, 2012 at 1:01 pmZanibas

@The_Magus_Killer: http://ugis.ls.berkeley.edu/cogsci/

• March 13, 2012 at 10:18 pmUnknownSoldier

Congratulations Zanibas!

And +10 internets for the Katawa Shoujo picture!

• March 13, 2012 at 10:19 pmZanibas

+20 Internets to you for being one of the first to recognize good sir ^_^!

• March 13, 2012 at 10:20 pmStereoman

Awesome, looking forward to working with you! And as a fellow newcomer, I wish you good luck.
    Let’s do our best! :]

• March 13, 2012 at 10:21 pmlcdsound

Zanibas CONGRATS on the new writing gig! Hope you can still hang out on the irc channel from time to time! PS Xumbra maybe you should join the writing team :P

• March 13, 2012 at 10:54 pmXumbra

If I were seriously considering to join, I would shadow a series for a season to see if I’m up to the workload, which is my main worry. I’m not sure if I can churn out a quality post per week with my schedule.

But I’m open to trying out in the future. We’ll see.

• March 14, 2012 at 4:13 amCroos

Shhh lcdsound. Xumbra is our Show Spoiler ▼

• March 14, 2012 at 6:50 amlcdsound

Xumbra I can totally see you doing it as you have encouraged many of the current writers to write.
        @ croos lol he sure is Show Spoiler ▼

• March 13, 2012 at 10:22 pmgcsasuke

Hehe another new writer, nice to meet you

• March 13, 2012 at 10:22 pmKou

Welcome on board. It looks like we have similar tastes in anime. I think I’ll enjoy reading your posts.

Stay a while, stay forever…

• March 13, 2012 at 10:24 pmDa5id

Katawa Shoujo!!!!!

• March 13, 2012 at 10:25 pmEclipse

Welcome, and mad props for Katawa Shoujo. Looks like I was beaten to it, but birthday Emi and Rin deserve several shout outs.

Looking forward to your posts. :)

• March 13, 2012 at 10:28 pmGuardian Enzo

Welcome – great to have another Bay Area boy blogging for RC! I share a lot of the same favorites with you, too.

• March 13, 2012 at 10:29 pmThe Moondoggie

And No.2 appears. Five to go…

Uh, so you are one of the new female writers?

• March 13, 2012 at 11:01 pmDCLXVI

I noticed that neither of the new writers specified their gender in their posts o.O

• March 13, 2012 at 11:23 pmThe Moondoggie

Which is why I’m asking: Stereoman is obviously male. Zanibas feels unisex.

The reason for that is because I want to see if their opinion about a show would be that significantly different from that of the males, as how many have been saying(or hoping).

• March 14, 2012 at 1:40 amKaz

Welcome, Zanibas!! Looking forward to your posts! (^^,)

• March 14, 2012 at 1:42 amKaz

Oops, wrong spot to put my comment/greetings. Sorry. XD

• March 14, 2012 at 3:11 amComM3

he is more male than all the expendibles put together

• March 13, 2012 at 10:40 pmPeepQ

Congratz on becoming a writer here! Sadly the easter egg flew right past me. Romcoms also tend to be my favorite, no matter how generic they are! It just never gets old! It’s always good to have really interactive writers also! Looking forward to your posts!

+1 follower btw!

• March 13, 2012 at 10:54 pmDCLXVI

Katawa Shoujo! Kyaaa! There’s my Lilly :)

• March 13, 2012 at 10:57 pmgrey

I can already tell that it’s going to be a pleasure to read your posts! :D

• March 13, 2012 at 10:58 pmExkalamity

GO BEARS!

• March 13, 2012 at 11:00 pmLightnDark

Grats Zanibas! I see what you did there with your avatar, should questions be directed here or on IRC?

• March 13, 2012 at 11:07 pmZanibas

Either or is fine.

• March 13, 2012 at 11:34 pmLightnDark

Will save informal conversation for IRC so readers can see your answers as well.
        IRC regulars lets get along? I’ll be a regular (or attempt) from today onwards!

Q1: Aren’t you watching anything this season? (From your MAL)

Q2: What’s your proficiency level in the Japanese language?

Q3: Kirino or Kuroneko?

• March 14, 2012 at 12:56 amZanibas

1) I don’t use MAL that much: I just update it every now and then. I’m watching Mirai Nikki, Papa, ASS+, and catching up on Nise and if I’m lucky, Black Rock Shooter.

2) I don’t know where I am, but when I finish this semester, I should be able to write 200 kanji and recite 40*28 vocab words or so. As for grammar…find a copy of Elementary Japanese Vol 2 and you’ll find your answer there.

3) Kirino (sorry >_<). Kuroneko has a smarter tongue, and Kirino can be a real female dog, but I feel at her core, she’s a good person waiting to show her sisterly dere :3. It’s the fact that I am able to relate to Kirino and Kyousuke’s sibling dynamic that makes her more appealing as a character, at least to myself.

• March 14, 2012 at 4:52 amDCLXVI

You can get the MAL Updater app for PC if you want to seamlessly and automatically update your list as you watch your shows. All you have to do is specify the folders you keep your anime in and the app should do the rest :)

• March 13, 2012 at 11:02 pmGeoFreak

First comment ever on this site. I just had to correct you on the name of our fine educational institution, the University of California, Berkeley (you got it backwards). I wonder if we’ll figure out each other’s real identities at CAA. Either way, good luck and Go Bears!

• March 13, 2012 at 11:05 pmZanibas

Ffffff….I should be ashamed of myself. D:

…at least it got you to comment and show your bear pride :3

• March 15, 2012 at 1:08 amGeoFreak

*reads above comment* Replying here because I can’t reply to that one.

You’re in J1B right now? Me too! Perhaps we could meet in J10A/B too… >_>

• March 13, 2012 at 11:08 pmPrimus Lune

Welcome!!! :D

• March 13, 2012 at 11:10 pmStilts

Welcome to the team! And way to show us all up with the apt quote. *sniffles* So touching!

• March 13, 2012 at 11:12 pmshorinji

i like Stereoman better

• March 13, 2012 at 11:22 pmJunglepenguin

No, you don’t. You like staplers.

• March 13, 2012 at 11:19 pmMaichain

Welcome Zanibas!!! c:
    I’m looking forward to your posts!

PS: I’m a huge fan of NHK and Skyward Sword is also one of my favourite games as well :D!

• March 13, 2012 at 11:20 pmJunglepenguin

Yowza! You write loads! Looks like more fresh blood for us to feed on! I’ll be sure to thoroughly dissect each and every one of your posts. =D

Alright, so I’m not that sinister. Congrats on getting the position! So you want to write about romance… Let’s see some scores for those titles on that MAL list of yours, then. It’ll be a good way to let other see what kind of writer you’ll be. Unless you’re planning to surprise us? Either way, I’m looking forward to seeing what you’ve got for RC!

And anyone who can appreciate NHK ni Youkoso! is good in my book. =D

• March 13, 2012 at 11:22 pmverdant

Pay no heed to the haters, welcome to the team

• March 13, 2012 at 11:23 pmKmainichi

I am looking forward to sharing many manly tears.

• March 13, 2012 at 11:28 pmEGOiST

Haha, on your Gravatar, it says you want to be a real blogger someday. I guess you can count yourself as one now. ^-^

• March 13, 2012 at 11:54 pmdany1908

oh hello there ZANIBAS
    can’t wait to see you blogging
    good luck

• March 14, 2012 at 12:16 amIsolence

Welcome and congratulations ;D
    Looking forward to see your posts

• March 14, 2012 at 12:17 amSerapita

Congratulation! I’ll be waiting for your Amagami coverage!

As for spring anime, I don’t see any romantic comedy but you might want to look into Tasogare Otome x Amnesia. The manga is quite fun.

• March 14, 2012 at 1:11 amKusabi

What do you mean you don’t see any rom-com in spring? Sankarea is clearly one of those, except PLUS horror.

• March 14, 2012 at 1:14 amThe Moondoggie

Here’s a trope page for more info. WARNING Anything below the introduction are spoilers for the first 20 chapters… which maybe 10 epsiodes.

• March 14, 2012 at 1:15 amThe Moondoggie

*episodes…

• March 14, 2012 at 1:56 amKusabi

Btw, what’s the latest chapter of Sankarea?

• March 14, 2012 at 2:01 amThe Moondoggie

Dunno. I just recently started reading due to seeing the PV and reading about the premise. I know it’s already beyond chapter 20 though…

• March 14, 2012 at 12:30 amZhinvu

Welcome Zanibas! I had to reread your post since you mentioned an easter egg of some sort. Unfortunately I’m not familiar with Katawa Shoujo. For a minute I thought there’s hidden message of some kind somewhere around here for readers to guess. It felt like a puzzle *Professor Layton senses tingling* and reminded me of those fun seiyuu quizzes RandomC used to put in the sense of letting readers play along. And…Taisho Yakyuu Musume is one of your recommended shows? COMRADE!!

• March 14, 2012 at 12:45 amTakaii

I was actually thinking about putting out another Seiyuu Quiz soon.

Watch for it!

• March 16, 2012 at 1:18 pmZanibas

COMRADE! This mention of a puzzle reminds me of a puzzle:

Shuu stirs from being unconscious and finds himself tied to a chair. He finds he is part of a circle arrangement with Shinji and Yukki in similar situations. Inori, Asuka, and Yuno have each placed a blue dot on their respective partner’s forehead. The girls tell the guys that they have used 3 dots from a set of 3 blue dots and 2 red dots to put on each of their heads. The girls then say that the first person to guess what color dot is on their forehead will finally prove their manhood. As the three boys start frantically spazzing and having breakdowns, they almost don’t hear that the game is setup fairly.

Using logic, what could be a logical approach for any of the boys to figure out the color dot they have?

P.S: About the Easter Egg: http://randomc.net/2012/03/13/introduction-everyday-im-fightin-the-power/comment-page-1/#comment-795393

• March 14, 2012 at 12:40 amJason

Welcome. Haven’t finished Katawa Shoujo myself (Hanako’s route sapped me of my will to reply it. It was just that good for me) but it seeing another fan is nice. I noticed you like Oreimo and Seitokai no Ichizon. Which girl is your favorite from each?

• March 18, 2012 at 5:22 pmZanibas

Sorry for the late reply, but for Seitokai no Ichizon…all the girls are fairly equal. Perhaps that’s what I found interesting about that show, because there isn’t a set “lol main girl always wins” feeling. Everyone is in Ken’s harem (and my favorites). Everyone :3.

• March 14, 2012 at 12:40 amAsdf

Not bad taste sir. You should definitely get along to watching Cross Game, you will not be disappointed.

• March 14, 2012 at 1:03 amKanade

Grats on becoming one of RC writers :D Hope to read your reviews soon.

On the other note, your avatar disturbs me a bit ( ゚ Д゚)

• March 14, 2012 at 1:06 amNhelraios

Welcome dude and congrats for achieving a writer status in RC! So nice to see that we pretty much have the same favorites and oh I too wish we had a sequel for Eve no Jikan(hands down one of my favorite movies). You might be interested in this though, not a sequel but a new work from the director of Eve no Jikan.

Looking forward to you blogging the rest of Amagami SS+, especially Haruka’s arc!!

• March 14, 2012 at 1:18 amdeafvader

Is that your full animelist? Not watching anything at the moment?

• March 14, 2012 at 1:57 amJusta_Dream

Welcome Zanibas! I would say that I hope to read your posts soon but it looks like one’s already up so off I go ^_^

• March 14, 2012 at 2:00 amJay

Unique name. Congrats and Welcome!

• March 14, 2012 at 2:03 amBeedle

..Thumbs down for making me relive Fi’s parting ;__;
    but two thumbs up for the happy Katawa Shoujo :D

Welcome aboard o/

• March 14, 2012 at 9:09 amZanibas

Oh hey Beedle, I didn’t know you paid attention to anything else besides biking for your life and that bug of yours to even notice Fi was gone. :3

Btw, here’s 2000 rupees. Give me a leather pouch I could’ve made myself.

• March 14, 2012 at 2:59 pmBeedle

My bug is awesome, man >=} Don’t dis it!

but sure. here’s your super-awesome, Beedle-guaranteed leather pouch >=D Don’t worry; this ain’t a scam, not at all~

• March 14, 2012 at 2:24 amnasa

oh, katawa shoujo, nice!!
    Any other visual novels you like?

• March 14, 2012 at 3:16 pmZanibas

I liked the preview that Cradle Song setup and I imagine it’ll be amazing once it comes out. Don’t Take it Personally, Babe, It Just Ain’t Your Story is another excellent one I suggest, purely for the usage of “broest of bros”. However, I’m not a big VN player. I have only played some of the popular non-Japanese ones.

• March 15, 2012 at 2:14 amnasa

Please try more if you liked them, so we can make the vn community grow~

• March 14, 2012 at 2:45 amCybersteel

Greetings friend welcome to Randomc. Have a nice stay. Let’s irc!!!

• March 14, 2012 at 3:16 amMrRei

Welcome Zanibas! Welcome to the party! Remember, when in IRC, don’t feed the Croos!

• March 14, 2012 at 4:10 amTonameki

Welcome to RC Zanibas!! Hope you’ll have fun here on RC as a blogger.

• March 14, 2012 at 4:14 amTonameki

Btw I’d like to see those tags under the screenshots like Jaalin did. Those always made my day:D

• March 14, 2012 at 5:02 amKit-A-Ron-Ron-Kat

+1 to the return of Jaalin-style hilarious tags :) I shall forever remember Saki story as told by Jaalin, especially episode 22:
        “for the record, omni picked the caps for this week”
        “thats why theres no feet or ankle shots even tho there were plenty in this ep”
        “dammit omni how do i caption this shit”

• March 14, 2012 at 4:38 amKit-A-Ron-Ron-Kat

I feel already a true Comrade in your words. A Katawa Shoujo pic ? Remembering Seitokai no Ichizon ? “Maru ! Maru ! Maru !” as Madoka would say it !
    Next season has a pretty good lineup of manga-derived romantic comedies. I have high hopes for Sankarea, Tasogare Otome x Amnesia, and especially Nazo no Kanojo X.

Now that I sit back and think about it,

Guess I am more drawn to weidoes :)

In any event, Welcome to RC.

• March 14, 2012 at 5:01 amJiCi

Nice to meet you ! I’m eager to read your opinions on RandomC !

• March 14, 2012 at 5:42 amzani

Welcome to RC! I’m surprised you even have the time to write considering your double majoring in a well-renowned university. :))

• March 14, 2012 at 5:44 amjrj

zanibas… familiar name on IRC channel… awesome :)
    I can’t believe I missed two writer intro post just in one stressful night?!
    now, I really need some more dosage of RC… welcome on board :)
    hope to talk to you more on IRC and I am sure I will enjoy your post :)

• March 14, 2012 at 5:47 amhush hush

UPDATE YOUR MAL :) I want to see what other animes you’ve seeeeeen. Just pointing it out, you have the least from animes watched compared to the all the new writers here. Heck, I even have more than you.

• March 14, 2012 at 5:51 amjepong

welcome

• March 14, 2012 at 6:11 amPhantomPhreek

I miss Jaalin’s posts. Anybody heard from him lately?.

• March 14, 2012 at 6:38 amCroos

Zani, don’t let your RC pull your studies down, OK. You’re a bright guy. Find a way to make time.

• March 14, 2012 at 7:05 amXin

Welcome aboard! I just got around to watching Kino no Tabi last month to stave off a friend’s pestering, and boy was I glad that he kept at me about it as it wasn’t very high on my backlog list. Good philosophical anime are always amongst my favorite, and I wholeheartedly agree with you that Kino no Tabi reigns supreme over anything I’ve seen so far.

Looking forward to your future posts! While finding positive things to say about Sae’s character or arcs (maybe aside from the black dress in the first season :p) from me is like pulling teeth, I commend your first post for making me focus on the spirit of the ASS franchise that it embodied rather than focus on how she grates on my nerves :)

• March 14, 2012 at 7:23 amSchmee

Welcome~~

• March 14, 2012 at 7:30 amDovahkiinGGGGG

You’re the only new writer whose introduction-post isn’t riddled with grammatical errors (I’m surprised you chose so many new “writers” with such poor grammar, Divine). So with that out of the way, I look forward to your posts, if not for the fact that you actually know how to write, then for the fact that you have an exciting style. Welcome :)

• March 14, 2012 at 8:51 amZanibas

Funny you should say that, because out of all the new writers, I have one of the weakest grasps of grammar. Just because it may look pretty here, doesn’t mean I’m getting a beating behind the scenes! *wink*

• March 14, 2012 at 10:47 amCherrie

I have A LOT of grammar mistakes? Maybe you can help me edit my post before I make it next time =P (I’m not being smart or sarcastic, I’m super serious o_o)

• March 14, 2012 at 12:12 pmDovahkiinGGGGG

If there was some way to make things [b]bold[/b] (did it work?), then I’d be happy to highlight the grammatical errors in your introductory post. Hmm, perhaps I was too harsh. It’s not that your introduction didn’t translate well, or that what you wrote wasn’t interesting. The post just had a lot of grammar mistakes.

• March 14, 2012 at 12:21 pmDovahkiinGGGGG

For starters, you shouldn’t be using semi-colons to list things (refer to your “passions and interests”). Since I can’t highlight, it’d be redundant to continue on. But yeah, there’s tons of errors like that in your post. Sorry :(

• March 14, 2012 at 12:43 pmXumbra

Cherrie, I didn’t notice any hideous or atrocious grammar mistakes in your post. I’m sure there are more attentive readers, but your writing is fine by me.

If you really wanted someone to edit your post, you can seek out peer review from the other writers. I’m sure they’ll be glad to help you out.

• March 14, 2012 at 7:50 pmTimelessness

Dovahkiin-
        Maybe, just maybe, you are bieng a little to critical? I think Cherrie will produce posts that are fun to read. Do you not give people a chance before jumping on them Mr. Captain Right? Relax a little =)
        (╯ಠ_ಠ)╯︵¡ɥɔʇıq zǝןnɹ ɹɐɯɯɐɹb buıddıןɟ ɯ,ı

• March 14, 2012 at 8:19 amOutcast

Anyone who knows jaalin’s ankle posts are alright in my book.

• March 14, 2012 at 9:37 amD-LaN

Yukuso to Random Curiositi shin-writer #2-san… (tell me if this isn’t the correct jpnese 4 welcome…)

• March 14, 2012 at 9:51 amDCLXVI

The new guys—oh, right, gender neutrality—-people have yet to be added to the “About This Site” page.

Just sayin’.

• March 14, 2012 at 10:50 amCherrie

Wow, I think you need to hop on the bandwagon right now and watch FMA:B, Princess Tutu and Cross Game XD
    (After reading your post, I get the reference to rom-coms now haha)

• March 14, 2012 at 11:05 amSeishun Otoko

Congratulations on the new gig, Zanibas!
    I’ve come to a conclusion about your gender. You’re a TRAP! XD

• March 14, 2012 at 11:06 amJulio

I like the new writers so far.

• March 14, 2012 at 11:13 amGermanguy

“Ah another Visitor!. Stay awhile, stay Forever! hahaha” :)

(Famous C64 Game)

• March 14, 2012 at 11:38 amKazrsama

Welcome to RC :D

• March 14, 2012 at 11:52 amZen

Congratulations, nice to have you with us! I see that you enjoy non-traditional shows with a philosophical bent, alongside your usual romantic comedies- I guess that makes you something of an intellectual empath; which is quite rare, and very interesting. Looking forward to your first posts, and seeing your unique point of view on things.

• March 14, 2012 at 2:04 pmichigo_daisuki

Your blogging style is refreshing \^o^/
    I am definitely looking forward to your future blogging!

• March 14, 2012 at 2:52 pmXumbra

By the way, that easter egg is deviously hidden, Zanibas.

• March 16, 2012 at 12:55 pmZanibas

For everyone who didn’t catch it by now: Look at the first letters of each paragraph, including the title. What do you see? :3

• March 14, 2012 at 3:16 pmposeidonhands

If your looking for romantic comedies to cover next season I recommend “Nazo no Kanojo X” and “Sankarea” both are two of my favorite mangas right now and I hope they’ll be great animes too
    oh and welcome to RC I look forward to your posts.

• March 14, 2012 at 3:39 pmInfinitas

Welcome.

• March 14, 2012 at 3:49 pmSuppa Tenko

Ni hao! Just wondering, have you ever been to Fakku!
    *Children under the age of 18 should not attempt to search it.

• March 14, 2012 at 3:57 pmZanibas

>____>

I lean in closer towards Suppa and whisper,

“Yes.” >___>

• March 14, 2012 at 4:02 pmvoidgenesis

Welcome to RC Zanibas, been here for a while and glad to see more and unqiue writers adding to this site’s fantastic roster. Looking forward to your posts, was ur title a gurren lagann reference?

• March 14, 2012 at 4:11 pmDaniell

Welcome Welcome! it seems we have very similar tastes in anime, I’ll be looking forward to your posts!

• March 14, 2012 at 5:10 pmEclipse

I don’t think it’s been mentioned beyond the picture, but today is literally Emi Ibarazaki’s birthday!!!

Well planned, Zanibas. I like you already.

• March 14, 2012 at 6:30 pmHagiri

Welcome to RandomC Zanibas!

More writers = more shows to review~

• March 14, 2012 at 7:53 pm31-14

mucho respecto for going to Cal! The second best UC isn’t a bad place to get your degree

• March 16, 2012 at 12:58 pmZanibas

Let me guess: you’re from UCLA :P

• March 17, 2012 at 1:26 am31-14

Hehe :D On the real though, UC love!

• March 14, 2012 at 10:09 pmN

Liked Kino no Tabi? At the risk of sounding cliche (these two series are so often mentioned in the same breath), I recommend watching Mushishi. Both are pretty good, but I liked Mushishi more.

Anyway, welcome welcome!

• March 14, 2012 at 11:42 pmHastella

Hey! \(^▽^*) Welcome to the RandomC family!
    Congratulations on becoming an author, and I can’t wait to see what you’ll surprise us with!

• March 14, 2012 at 11:42 pmoscuda

welcome! I hope you enjoy you staying.
    sorry, but I would like to say if, you pick up a show please don’t drop it like Ben-To or Casshern SINS even though Casshern SINS was never pick up here. I think divine wrote a post? no sure, but for me is sad when show are drop that is why I don’t pick up a lot and right now I am surprise of how many I am watching maybe I am going to be a little bit sad of the emptiness this season is going to leave.
    sometime, I don’t watch a particular anime however I come here and read the post and the comment, example would be Bakuman. I have never watch a single episode nor have I read the manga.
    sorry I lost the thought:( ages is hard to deal with :( I have been a long time here is where I come for help to decide which show I will watch.

• March 14, 2012 at 11:48 pmoscuda

sorry for my spelling.
    I meant (I have been a long time here is where I come for help to decide which show I will watch.)I have been visiting the site for a long time and is here where I come to see what is going on or what will I choose to watch.

no pressure.

• March 16, 2012 at 7:57 amCloud is Not Amused

Hell, yes! A possible successor to Jaalin…I miss learning about ankle fetishes I didn’t know I had.
    I’m really into the Negima manga, but I’ve never checked out the anime…would you recommend it?

• March 16, 2012 at 12:57 pmZanibas

The original show was okay for it’s time, but it didn’t break any real ground. If you have nothing to do, I’d recommend it :P.

However, I haven’t watched the Negima!? version, so I can’t give an opinion there.

• March 16, 2012 at 1:41 pmKamica

Zanibas, I noticed that you have not yet seen Skip Beat. Do yourself a favor and check it out. Skip Beat ranks among the best romantic comedy anime ever produced.

• April 4, 2012 at 2:58 pmayasawada

Ah a fellow romantic comedy anime fan. I look forward to your posts. Yoroshiku :)