Bleach – 365, 366 (END) »« Bleach – 363

Bleach   364   01 Bleach   364   02 Bleach   364   03
Bleach   364   04 Bleach   364   05 Bleach   364   06
Bleach   364   07 Bleach   364   08 Bleach   364   09
Bleach   364   10 Bleach   364   11 Bleach   364   12
Bleach   364   13 Bleach   364   14 Bleach   364   15
Bleach   364   16 Bleach   364   17 Bleach   364   18

「絶体絶命!?記憶を挟まれた白哉 」 (Zettai zetsumei!? Kioku o hasamareta Byakuya )
“Desperate Struggle!? Byakuya’s Troubled Memories”

Everything I liked about the last episode was ruined here as the usual cliched Bleach returns again. Nonsense superpowers, pointless standoffs, awkward flashbacks and dragged out dialogue abound. The main feature of the episode is Tsukishima and Byakuya’s fight, and I don’t have a problem with the battle itself as it actually looked pretty good. Tsukishima reveals that he can also insert himself into the pasts inanimate objects in the environment, and he even manages to cut Byakuya’s Senbonzakura. This gives him intimate knowledge of every aspect of Byakuya’s zanpakutou, allowing him to surprise Byakuya and slash him (which gives him even more knowledge about Byakuya’s abilities). I can suspend my disbelief for that, but the nagging question remains: why didn’t Byakuya’s memories change? Tsukishima clearly stated “it’s over” once he cut Byakuya, yet all that changed was that Tsukishima himself gained a huge amount of experience from fighting Byakuya in the past. From his confusion and the questions he asked, Byakuya clearly did not suddenly recall their past training together as Ichigo’s friends did, unless he is deliberately hiding it. I can certainly think of potential explanations for this, yet none are given.

On the other hand, Tsukishima does give an overly verbose explanation about Senbonzakura’s safe zone. He obviously suffers from a severe case Prideful Villain Syndrom which forces him to tell his opponent exactly what he’s doing and how he did it. I can’t help but wonder if there’s a better way to reveal this stuff without having the two of them stop in the middle of a fight and discuss everything in detail. Even Byakuya is more talkative than normal, but eventually Tsukishima’s arrogance is his downfall as he gets a fistful of petals blasted through his chest. That manages to end the fight instantly and was probably also the best part of their battle.

Rukia and Riruka’s fight also ends here, though it is markedly more lighthearted, filled with all sorts of cute stuffed animals. I actually enjoyed the humor (e.g. Rukia blowing herself up) and quirky interactions, but that ends when Riruka goes off on a long philosophical speech about survival of the fittest. She rants about her past, which (to no surprise) was a messed up childhood thanks to her special abilities. She, and the other fullbringers followed Ginjou because of his promises of power and a chance to destroy everyone. It’s a pretty warped excuse to be honest, and really isn’t much more than a thirst for power. Ginjou seems to have another layer of motives, though as expected it doesn’t amount to much more than a desire for revenge. Luckily Xcution are all dropping like flies; only Ginjou himself is left and I can’t imagine him lasting too long either.

Bleach   364   Preview 01 Bleach   364   Preview 02 Bleach   364   Preview 03

Omake

Bleach   364   Omake 01 Bleach   364   Omake 02 Bleach   364   Omake 03
March 17, 2012 at 7:15 pm
  • March 17, 2012 at 7:24 pmDennis

It’s confirmed….366 last episode :(

Seriously, if they stop now, couldn’t they just stop after Aizen? I mean, basically this is a setup for the current manga arc, it’s just worthless finale

• March 18, 2012 at 5:36 amEspada

• March 18, 2012 at 11:04 amazeriraz

Bleach’s tv spot is going to Rock Lee’s Springtime of Youth. Kind of pitiful.

• March 18, 2012 at 1:13 pmGuest

yeah

I refuse to watch that dumbass Spin Naruto Spin off

• March 18, 2012 at 8:49 pmKahiry

really?!?!?!?!?! ;n; noooo!!!

• March 17, 2012 at 7:34 pmDa5id

Was Riruka’s flashback supposed to make us feel sorry for her?

OH YEAH I KIDNAPPED PEOPLE I LIKED AND DEPRIVED THEM OF FOOD WHEN I WAS YOUNG BECAUSE I WAS SO DISCRIMINATED AGAINST FOR MY POWERS

And where was it confirmed that 366 is the last episode? Isn’t there one more to conclude the arc?

• March 17, 2012 at 7:55 pmSeven

I think it was suppose to be a play on the innocent/ignorant you girl. She did not think what she was doing was wrong. Also I’m pretty sure she did feed him. She talked about giving him donuts and stuff.

• March 17, 2012 at 8:15 pmDa5id

I can see that, I guess…but usually enemy flashbacks show how they’ve been wronged in some way because of having their powers. Seeing this just makes me want to see Rukia stab her in the gut.

Kind of harsh thinking, I know, but I just don’t see any reason to sympathize with this character.

• March 17, 2012 at 8:24 pmSeven

bad arc; bad reasons I suppose. If you look right past the surface it’s a really generic one and the same as most of the other full bring guys.
        People sound out she had powers then shunned her, so in a sense she was betrayed by people she cared about i.e. her family and friends.
        Personally she’s my favorite character so I may be finding things where they aren’t, but my logic about shows is usually pretty sound.

• March 17, 2012 at 10:44 pmZaku Fan

Only Jackie of the dirty boots is truly innocent. The rest have varying degrees of assholeness. Riruka is the second least anyway

• March 17, 2012 at 10:53 pmSeven

Jackie looks to much like a dude for me to care about her past.

• March 17, 2012 at 8:19 pmIcicleEdge

Although it was reported that the anime was going to end since last month.

• March 17, 2012 at 8:48 pmDa5id

Awwww man! It’s gonna be so rushed!

They couldn’t have just waited until the manga finished up?

• March 17, 2012 at 7:40 pmMissingnomer

I loved the music for Byakuya and Tsukishima’s battle. That ominous opera-style battle music always gives me the chills….I mean, chills of awesomeness, of course.

• March 17, 2012 at 8:06 pmDa5id

Also, did anyone notice how the Opening Song changed, not just with Ichigo’s new powers but the song as well?

• March 17, 2012 at 8:12 pmdoomknight

skip the bleach filler like side story TOTALLY NOT related TO MAIN STORY AT ALL just a waste of time(side story) and movie also not related and no links to main story.

• March 17, 2012 at 8:37 pmhoiut

Wait…Riruka’s fight ends here? What happened exactly? All I remember was that a heart on her arm started glowing and she disappeared when Rukia lunged at her. “Where did she go?” was Rukia’s question and mine. You’re saying that’s the end of their fight? Seriously?

• March 17, 2012 at 8:49 pmProoof

their fight is over; Riruka stated that herself
      you will see what happens to them later

• March 17, 2012 at 8:52 pmSeven

can we get spoilers? I want to know, but I also don’t want to read the managa. Thanks.

• March 17, 2012 at 8:53 pmCTT

No one mentioned Tsumanaman inserted himself into Byakuya’s past as his sensei? Tsukihime complains about Byakuya betraying him even though he was “the one who taught him everything he knows” and Byakuya replies (paraphrased) “It is true that I owe you everything, but you are an enemy of Ichigo Kurosaki. Therefore, I have no regrets” Tsukishima… Heh, I remembered the name.

• March 17, 2012 at 8:57 pmDa5id

I…don’t think he said that. I just watched the episode and saw Tsukishima mention he helped Byakuya develop his moves, but nothing about Byakuya betraying him or wanting to defend Ichigo. Ichigo’s name wasn’t even brought up the entire fight.

• March 17, 2012 at 9:09 pmlivevoid

• March 17, 2012 at 10:10 pmrandom viewer

The part where Byakuya says he enjoyed the battle seemed so out of character to me somehow. It gave me a sort of Kenpachi vibe. Also, another instant-kill move is always awesome.

• March 18, 2012 at 5:38 amTrena

Yes! I can finally keep up with the anime by not watching it at all..
    Curious how they are going to end this though. And thank god for that.

• March 18, 2012 at 5:37 pmFallenrock

New Rukia is hot.

• March 18, 2012 at 6:18 pm0927123

Glad I’m not the only one. Comrade!

• March 18, 2012 at 6:21 pmDa5id

What can I say? I love me some short hair girls.

• March 18, 2012 at 7:57 pm0927123

Short hair is where it’s at!

• March 18, 2012 at 7:34 pmSeven

Lol are you serious? she looks more manly than most of the male characters.
      I guess if you like boys she looks good.

• March 18, 2012 at 8:04 pmhoiut

LOL, I like ‘em with long hair, too, but calling her a man is a bit much…

• March 18, 2012 at 8:07 pmDa5id

I’m pretty sure liking a certain hairstyle on women doesn’t make you attracted to guys…

• March 18, 2012 at 8:32 pmSeven

I never said anything about her hair. though the hair does play a part, her whole facial structure looks manly. Not burly manly but manly none the less.
        And personally I’m a fan of short hair too

• March 18, 2012 at 9:00 pm0927123

Blame Kubo on everything!! lol

• March 18, 2012 at 11:18 pmLaughingMan

Guys, the Bleach anime isn’t ending permanently. It’s going on hiatus. There’s a difference.

• March 19, 2012 at 12:02 amfungku

Source?

• March 20, 2012 at 8:52 pmLaughingMan

None as of now, but think about it: the manga series in Weekly Shonen Jump is still ongoing and entering its final arc. Bleach may slip in the rankings from time to time, but it’s still widely popular in Japan. Last year Bleach sold over 4 million copies of the manga, making it in the top ten most highly bought manga series in 2011. It’s also been in continuous serialization in WSJ for over 10 years, so at this point Kubo pretty much has tenure for writing Bleach for WSJ, just as Osaku Akimoto does for Kochikame (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kochikame). As long as Bleach remains profitable (which it very much is), then there is no reason for them not to eventually renew the anime series. Personally I think it’s a smart move that the series goes on hiatus since they’re only weeks behind the material in the manga, and it’s not like the writers are able to constantly dish out ideas for filler arcs. Whether its a hiatus, or an ending of the current production of the Bleach anime, I highly doubt that this is a permanent end for the Bleach anime. It may take a while, but it’ll be back eventually. In the meantime, we’ll have the manga to hold us over. :)