Kore wa Zombie Desu ka? OF THE DEAD – 03 »« Kore wa Zombie Desu ka? OF THE DEAD – 01

Kore wa Zombie Desu ka? OF THE DEAD – 02

Kore wa Zombie Desu ka OF THE DEAD   02   01 Kore wa Zombie Desu ka OF THE DEAD   02   02 Kore wa Zombie Desu ka OF THE DEAD   02   03
Kore wa Zombie Desu ka OF THE DEAD   02   04 Kore wa Zombie Desu ka OF THE DEAD   02   05 Kore wa Zombie Desu ka OF THE DEAD   02   06
Kore wa Zombie Desu ka OF THE DEAD   02   07 Kore wa Zombie Desu ka OF THE DEAD   02   08 Kore wa Zombie Desu ka OF THE DEAD   02   09
Kore wa Zombie Desu ka OF THE DEAD   02   10 Kore wa Zombie Desu ka OF THE DEAD   02   11 Kore wa Zombie Desu ka OF THE DEAD   02   12
Kore wa Zombie Desu ka OF THE DEAD   02   13 Kore wa Zombie Desu ka OF THE DEAD   02   14 Kore wa Zombie Desu ka OF THE DEAD   02   15
Kore wa Zombie Desu ka OF THE DEAD   02   16 Kore wa Zombie Desu ka OF THE DEAD   02   17 Kore wa Zombie Desu ka OF THE DEAD   02   18
Kore wa Zombie Desu ka OF THE DEAD   02   19 Kore wa Zombie Desu ka OF THE DEAD   02   20 Kore wa Zombie Desu ka OF THE DEAD   02   21
Kore wa Zombie Desu ka OF THE DEAD   02   22 Kore wa Zombie Desu ka OF THE DEAD   02   23 Kore wa Zombie Desu ka OF THE DEAD   02   24
Kore wa Zombie Desu ka OF THE DEAD   02   25 Kore wa Zombie Desu ka OF THE DEAD   02   26 Kore wa Zombie Desu ka OF THE DEAD   02   27
Kore wa Zombie Desu ka OF THE DEAD   02   28 Kore wa Zombie Desu ka OF THE DEAD   02   29 Kore wa Zombie Desu ka OF THE DEAD   02   30
Kore wa Zombie Desu ka OF THE DEAD   02   31 Kore wa Zombie Desu ka OF THE DEAD   02   32 Kore wa Zombie Desu ka OF THE DEAD   02   33
Kore wa Zombie Desu ka OF THE DEAD   02   34 Kore wa Zombie Desu ka OF THE DEAD   02   35 Kore wa Zombie Desu ka OF THE DEAD   02   36

「嗚呼、さようなら俺」 (Aa, Sayonara Ore)
“Oh, Goodbye Me”

When Ayumu went to school, I was expecting something unexpected, but what we got was on a whole other level from what I was, uh, expecting. I am insanely pleased that no memory wipe occurred, because the hilarity was dialed up to 1,000% this episode, and unlike the previous one, none of it was a rehash of what happened in season 1. Only Ayumu could make crossdressing into something autograph worthy. I’m not entirely sure whether that’s a compliment or not, but it’s definitely funny!

Additionally, we got a lot of movement on the harem side of things. For one, certain haremettes just keep getting cuter and cuter. Tae-chan had me D’AWWWing every time she blushed and talked to Ayumu, and she still managed to deliver a critical strike when she complimented his legs (heh). Tomonori also made huuuge gains in the kawaii department. While I will freely admit that I love a good tsundere, Tomonori’s – or rather, Yukinori’s, as I shall henceforth call her! – deredere act is just so cute to watch. She can keep going “ore, ore” all she wants, as long as she keeps giving me faces like this.

Then on the other, more frightening side, we have Sarasvati. Every time she was on screen – every time – I was cracking up. There’s just something about her red-eyed raep face that gets me every time. We also got some extremely sexy shots of Sera, and some cute – and nearly fatal, if Ayumu wasn’t a zombie – ones of Haruna. Is it bad if I want all of the haremettes to win?

Finally, there was a little bit of plot. Yousei-san was still around and doing her bottle fairy gig, but she didn’t really have much of an effect this episode. Rather, it was Dai-sensei going all Terminator on Kyoko that really made me sit up and pay attention. Dai-sensei has always exuded power by the Death Star-load, but that scene hinted at her possessing a capacity for cruelty to match (though maybe I’m reading too much into that). I still don’t think she’s an antagonist – with how Kyoko acts in the OP, I still firmly place her in that column – but I can’t blame Kyoko for not wanting to get caught. I have a feeling that would not be pleasant for her…and possibly, not survivable.

tl;dr: @StiltsOutLoud – I spent most of this episode clutching my side & literally laughing out loud. Cute haremettes + raep face + mousou Yuu x2 = HNNNG!! #korezon

Random thoughts:

• I think Haruna’s “Boys, be ambitiousu!” might become my new alarm. Also, dat sidetail was delicious. Yum!
  • Other than Dai-sensei’s scene, the insert song was the only thing that made me snap out of pure comedy mode. In a good way, though. I wish they had done something like that during the Orito scene, because I didn’t know I wasn’t supposed to be waiting for a laugh until it was over. Whoops.
  • Two imaginary Yuus?? Are…are we going to have a whole Smurf village full of them by the end!? Oh gods, I hope so…though I might die from the moe >_<
  • This post is actually under 1,000 words. I’m finally learning brevity! Quick, someone praise me! PRAISE ME OR THIS WILL NEVER HAPPEN AGAIN!! …just kidding :D (maybe)

Full-size images: 03, 23, 33, 36

Kore wa Zombie Desu ka OF THE DEAD   02   Preview 01 Kore wa Zombie Desu ka OF THE DEAD   02   Preview 02 Kore wa Zombie Desu ka OF THE DEAD   02   Preview 03
April 12, 2012 at 10:05 pm
  • April 12, 2012 at 10:07 pmAn

Mousou Eu A + Mousou Eu B = W !!!
    And original Eu is not amused. lol

• April 13, 2012 at 11:02 amMasterDragonKnight

These imaginary Yuu segments at the end are going to be the death of me.

*death by moe*

• April 12, 2012 at 10:21 pmpwnzarsaurus

Good work on the short post!!!!!

• April 12, 2012 at 10:27 pmLightnDark

I said it before, I’ll say it again..Not enough Tomonori shots!! This episode is HILARIOUS, in so many different ways.

The shooting star scene though, reminded me of Bakemonogatari where Araragi and Senjougahara were together. If only the rest of the harem weren’t present /shakesfist

That being said, anyone wanna join the Aikawa fan club?

By the way, good job on the word count Stilts, wished it could be slightly longer though…(OOPS)

• April 12, 2012 at 10:29 pmStilts

2,000 word posts from now on, EVERY WEEK!! >:|

• April 12, 2012 at 10:56 pmMrRei

Yeah.. make readers think you’re in some kind of Wall of Text Championship contest with Verdant..

• April 13, 2012 at 1:09 amXziled

if you can keep up the 2000 word posts for the rest of the season then I commend you for a job well done good sir

• April 12, 2012 at 10:39 pmMulciber

I met a bear in the woods (mori no naka kumasan ni deatta)

• April 12, 2012 at 11:09 pmcutemi2

Delusion Eu A = Belldandy, Dellusion Eu B = Ruri Hoshino

• April 12, 2012 at 11:11 pmbertman4

So this episode was a little thin on the story development but great on the harem development. And comedy gold moments all over. The unintentional cruelty of Hiramatsu was wonderful. And Sara is just scary.

On a side note, I still want to punch Dai-Sensei in the face.

• April 12, 2012 at 11:15 pmJakMasters

Gotta love Sarasvati’s rape face.

• April 12, 2012 at 11:30 pmamatsu

NO…NO MORE HENTAI!

• April 12, 2012 at 11:34 pmhaseo0408

You want to know why Gai does this things to you, Ayumu? Because it´s halarious!.

• April 12, 2012 at 11:36 pmPtolemaios00

• April 13, 2012 at 6:27 amSuppa Tenko

Hehe, if Sera complains about Ayumu pulling her pants down perhaps she should actually button them up properly or wear a belt. The only way Ayumu could have pulled those pants down is if he simultaneously unbutton and unzipped the pants while falling.

• April 13, 2012 at 6:35 amStilts

• April 13, 2012 at 10:11 pmKyzel

“When you vote for Stilts, you get only the highest quality ecchi shots, carefully stitched together with kindness and love. Stilts 2012!” – Your sir have got ALL of my future votes. Comrade! /salutes

• April 12, 2012 at 11:40 pmhaseo0408

It´s ofccial, every single person in that school is broken beyond hope.

• April 13, 2012 at 12:52 amEnmire

And all it took was some cross dressing… Imagine when Ayumu starts trying.

• April 13, 2012 at 6:30 amStilts

Oh gods, be still my beating heart…that would be amazing!

• April 12, 2012 at 11:51 pmAnimesetsuna

Ayumu, someone send you a “Love letter”. And you read and shout “Arg….”

• April 13, 2012 at 12:11 amcshin9

I couldn’t help but notice Sarasvati’s choice of words in her letter: It’s the same word Sera uses a lot.

• April 13, 2012 at 12:50 amTez

I think it’s a ninja clan thing. They both would put him down pretty harshly in the first season.

• April 13, 2012 at 12:18 amZero

Does Sarasvati remind anybody else of elsa from fairy tail? Even their speech patterns sound the same.

• April 13, 2012 at 12:41 amAnimora

Sarasvati, you are so wrong yet so right, i love this girl lol.

• April 13, 2012 at 12:43 amrandom viewer

I forgot about this picture.
    Funny stuff.
    It’s great to see Tomonori and Ayumu got closer in relationship. I wonder who will be next.
    I wanted to see a screenshot of Ayumu’s bear-slashed face as well. I fell out of my chair laughing.

• April 13, 2012 at 12:55 amYanDaMan

Tomonori, d’awwwwwww.

Sarasvati is making more that much closer to board the Ayumu x Sarasvati ship, with her rape face and “DARLING”.

• April 13, 2012 at 2:34 amProblem

There is a problem with the link for image 33 large. It shows image 32 large instead

• April 13, 2012 at 6:32 amStilts

Sorry ’bout that. Fixed! Thanks for the heads up

• April 13, 2012 at 2:59 amBanana Furikake

Where the hell can I get me one of dem magical girl outfits?

• April 13, 2012 at 4:35 amStereoman

[Insert whatever praise that may raise your ego]
    This was an overall pretty funny episode. So Haruna is good with animals, yet we see her running from bees… Hmm, or maybe, bees don’t count.

And I wonder who the “true” hentai is. The guy wearing the masou shoujo outfit or the people who want his autograph for it…

• April 13, 2012 at 5:32 amFiShar

These are Ayumu’s body parts have been locked down by the girls, minus Tomonori who take him whole.

Sara = Butt
    Taeko = Legs

Anymore?

• April 13, 2012 at 5:48 amAlgent

No dyson ? :(.

• April 13, 2012 at 6:50 amcancerlad

I’m so glad that my wish for more Tomonori was answered! Kyoko was one of my favorite characters from last season, so I’m glad she’s returning, and the imaginary Eu village is great too. Such a fun series!

• April 13, 2012 at 7:22 amJ-Luke

Yousei-san should be renamed into Yotte-san…

• April 13, 2012 at 7:30 amJ-Luke

• April 13, 2012 at 8:52 amCrook

Ecchi… Dai kirai, Yuuki Rito.

• April 13, 2012 at 7:59 amzleihsh

“I love you,my Darling piece of Sh*t”
    “You finally understood my feelings”

and

“People of the world, see how wonderful my darling is!”

Oh Sarasvati, your a goddess of harsh love. I could not stop laughing XDDDDDD
    For some reason, I think she’s in love w/ his butt and nothing more……

Also,
    “Looks like your @ss made it big time!” –Haruna. XDDDDD
    Poor Ayumu…..

• April 13, 2012 at 9:12 amShadow74

I hope there is a special episode for Sarasvati, Ayumo date or something. Taeko also hope to a date or a 10 minute episode dedicated to her.
      I want it put Seraphim jealous or something, but I think that is out of character, does not seem to be putting her in that situation, and is much that the ending gets to kiss in a fantasy.
      It’s hard to really fall in love with Ayumo, or if it happens in the novels?

• April 13, 2012 at 11:37 amzleihsh

I do not know what it says in the novels, but I do agree w/ you, yes, it is hard to “fall in love w/ Ayumo” and I really do want a Sarasvati ep. we really do not know much about her do we……

Also, Sarasvati’s love confession was really out-of-this world isn’t it? Or should I say legendary? xD

• April 13, 2012 at 5:13 pmShadow74

It would be legendary if she said directly in front of the whole school to all lung, XD
        I would like to see what would be the reaction of the girls. Seraphim would be in shock as in the episode of the pool to see Saras as idol, jajajaja XD
        If Seraphim really fall in love with Ayumo, that would be a great vampire harem. But that is to dream a lot.

• April 13, 2012 at 8:30 amLangleyLiz

I actually kinda hate this series. For how awful the girls are, Ayumu is the only one who ever gets hurt. I mean, it seems like it would be much funnier (and more justified) for Haruna to have been the one who gets attacked by bees and hit by the bear.

What type of self-esteem do men in Japan have, to fantasize about women who treat them terribly? Or who they constantly need to save from the repercussions of their bad decisions?

I’d love to see one of these shows where the guy is the one who seems immune to all of the slapstick, just for a change.

• April 13, 2012 at 8:46 amtbonescross

I wish! You’re right, that would have been funnier because it’s fairly unexpected. You never see this sort of thing happen though, which must be a bit alienating for female viewers.

I can’t actually think of a single example of a girl getting attacked by bees in anime, for how often the trope is used. haha

• April 13, 2012 at 8:43 amSeishun Otoko

LIESSSS… Stilts didn’t write this, it must be his evil twin. What happened to brevity can suck it? ;)
    Thanks for the GLORIOUS Sera full lengths. That body, that pantsu, those red eyes, she can call me kuso mushi anyday! *Seishun Otoko can’t stop drooling*

• April 13, 2012 at 10:04 pmAoihoshikage

Gotta live up to your name!

• April 13, 2012 at 11:16 amchaos

all i can say is this anime world is build on weird shit -nothing is out of bounds and anything is fair game. You know he is going to get an even bigger harem in this season -he is going to end up with every type of girl i imagine including some complete psycos

• April 13, 2012 at 12:37 pmStilts

*some more complete psychos. There, fixed that for you.

• April 13, 2012 at 12:21 pmNymphetamine2791

I rofled at smokey the bear, poor Ayumu, he’s just too good of a guy to ditch those who are horrible to him, haha. I wanna see what happens with Sarasvati <3

• April 13, 2012 at 3:18 pmrasone0104

2nd episode and it had the feeling that it could stand as a finale…. damn the second season is looking great.

• April 13, 2012 at 5:28 pmLaziness

THIS… was hilarious.

• April 13, 2012 at 5:28 pmLaziness

THIS… was hilarious xD

• April 13, 2012 at 5:29 pmLaziness

Oops, sorry. Double posted ._.

• April 13, 2012 at 8:07 pmMiep

• April 13, 2012 at 8:39 pmThe_Magus_Killer

Sarasvati x Ayumu (or his butt) = Buttshipping? LOL.

She’s officially my favorite Vampire Ninja in Kore Wa Zombie Desu Ka OF THE DEAD now. Hime-cut hair, rape face with red eyes flashing, normal sized boobs (compared to Seraphim and Yuki, at least), and a rough way of expressing her love = girlfriend material. Haha.

Slightly disappointed that Imaginary Eu (the one voiced by Kikou Inoue) didn’t do “Kyaa!” or “Tehee!” this time.

• April 13, 2012 at 9:08 pmcancerlad

Magi, we seem to get along well enough, and I feel we bonded over our love of Mysterious Girlfriend X… but about Sarasvati… no, actually you’re 100% correct. Normal sized boobs are good.

• April 13, 2012 at 9:49 pmBio D

• April 13, 2012 at 10:02 pmAoihoshikage

Loved this episode. “You gonna be raeped” 100%, *DAAAWWW* 200%, Tsundere (or Yandere?) Sarasvati 300%, Cuteness 500%, hilarity 1000%

Also, was it just me or did Hisaka Kanemoto (Yuki) break out into her Ika Musume voice this episode? She even had the “aitsu osoku nai ka?” sentence ending…

• April 14, 2012 at 6:19 amKit-A-Ron-Ron-Kat

Anyone could identify the background tune playing (on a radio ?) while Ayumu was with his Fairy-san ? Sounded like something I should have recognized…

• April 14, 2012 at 11:12 amFantomOmega

Popularity from cross dressing then ironically expecting to be despised and from the looks of it he wanted the latter to happen! HahahHA!

Seriously, if a girl suddenly tell you “your legs were really pretty” doesn’t emasculate I’m not sure what will, unless she says something along the lines of “your penis looks cute, like a clitoris” good god, ‘I died on the inside’ wont even begin to describe it…

• April 14, 2012 at 1:25 pmNaYa

I… I’ve been faithful to Ayumu x Eu ship throughout the first season, but… this episode made me shift towards Tomonori a bit. Yuki is so darn cute! >_<

LOL @ Sarasvati. Oh dear, poor Ayumu…!

• April 14, 2012 at 4:53 pmRyner

@STILTS: I don’t blame you at all for wanting all the haremettes to win, heck even though people may seem to think that harem animes are common but the actual harem end on harem animes are quite rare, I can only name a handful. Soil at least want this high quality insane mindblowing show to end with a harem end! All haremmetes have their own unique and cute charm!

I love Taejon ‘s bestfriend, what was her name again? Cuz she seems to be the most normal girl around telling them all that the whole world is crazy and weird for not only accepting ayumu but even idolizing him.

Wait wait, this episode was a result of the last one with Ayumus secret being revealed all over the world but now to add into the mix, Sarasvati is spreading pics of his butt globally, so what will happen to him now?!

• April 14, 2012 at 4:55 pmRyner

Ugh so much typos, thanks a lot Apple! You and your damn autocorrect!

• April 15, 2012 at 2:16 pmpokpokza

Ayumu is the best crossgresser ever

• April 19, 2012 at 12:12 amewok40k

Ayumu, I am afraid thehat even with fixed Mystletainn, things are now beyond the ability to “fix”. On the bright side you have now one true deredere girl in your harem. On the dark side (though YMMV) you have a netizen stalker ninja vampire. Have fun!