Mirai Nikki: Redial – OVA »« Mirai Nikki – 26 (END)

Mirai Nikki -ANOTHER:WORLD- (Drama) – 01

Mirai Nikki ANOTHER WORLD   01   01 Mirai Nikki ANOTHER WORLD   01   02 Mirai Nikki ANOTHER WORLD   01   03
Mirai Nikki ANOTHER WORLD   01   04 Mirai Nikki ANOTHER WORLD   01   05 Mirai Nikki ANOTHER WORLD   01   06
Mirai Nikki ANOTHER WORLD   01   07 Mirai Nikki ANOTHER WORLD   01   08 Mirai Nikki ANOTHER WORLD   01   09
Mirai Nikki ANOTHER WORLD   01   10 Mirai Nikki ANOTHER WORLD   01   11 Mirai Nikki ANOTHER WORLD   01   12
Mirai Nikki ANOTHER WORLD   01   13 Mirai Nikki ANOTHER WORLD   01   14 Mirai Nikki ANOTHER WORLD   01   15
Mirai Nikki ANOTHER WORLD   01   16 Mirai Nikki ANOTHER WORLD   01   17 Mirai Nikki ANOTHER WORLD   01   18
Mirai Nikki ANOTHER WORLD   01   19 Mirai Nikki ANOTHER WORLD   01   20 Mirai Nikki ANOTHER WORLD   01   21
Mirai Nikki ANOTHER WORLD   01   22 Mirai Nikki ANOTHER WORLD   01   23 Mirai Nikki ANOTHER WORLD   01   24
Mirai Nikki ANOTHER WORLD   01   25 Mirai Nikki ANOTHER WORLD   01   26 Mirai Nikki ANOTHER WORLD   01   27
Mirai Nikki ANOTHER WORLD   01   28 Mirai Nikki ANOTHER WORLD   01   29 Mirai Nikki ANOTHER WORLD   01   30
Mirai Nikki ANOTHER WORLD   01   31 Mirai Nikki ANOTHER WORLD   01   32 Mirai Nikki ANOTHER WORLD   01   33
Mirai Nikki ANOTHER WORLD   01   34 Mirai Nikki ANOTHER WORLD   01   35 Mirai Nikki ANOTHER WORLD   01   36

「Episode 1」

This sure is “another world”…

I thought it would be nice to introduce you to the live-action adaptation of the very famous Mirai Nikki, considering the fact that the Ouran High School Host Club drama was covered here, from beginning to end. But I won’t cover this drama at all. I’m just giving you a little introduction because I thought it’d be nice to have some more Mirai Nikki.

First of all, this is nothing like the Mirai Nikki you’re used to. This is technically a completely new story with new characters, but the concept is pretty much the same with a few small changes that I’ll get to in my summary.

Show summary ▼

I usually don’t write long summaries like this, but I thought that it might be nice to have the whole episode written out in case you don’t feel like watching it.

As I mentioned before, this is quite different from the Mirai Nikki we’re used to. I’ll point out some things that are very different from the original story:

• Deus is different.
  • The characters have different names, some of them are new, and some of them are new versions of the old ones.
  • People’s diaries aren’t changed into future diaries. Instead, people who have the Chronus phone are automatically in the game. It seems that only the Chronus phone has this ability.

I’ll be honest, I don’t like this drama and I won’t watch any more of it. I’ve never been fond of Japanese dramas because I find most of the acting very awkward. There are some funny, good dramas though, but those are usually not based on manga. (Editor’s note (Divine): Except maybe Hana Yori Dango and Ouran High School Host Club.)

If you look at this drama as a different story, unrelated to its source material, you might be able to enjoy this. I tried to do so and managed to watch the whole episode. It was interesting but it didn’t interest me enough to keep on watching. There is nothing wrong with an original story but this was very poorly executed. This Yuno seemed so unnatural to me. She is supposed to be creepy but she was portrayed as a sweet, happy-go-lucky girl here, so it was quite hard to understand what kind of person she is (she is supposed to be like that but there should be some eerie aura to her), but on the other hand, this is just the first episode, and I’m sure it’ll get more interesting.

I’m not saying that this is bad; it’s definitely worth a watch, plus there are some well known actors in this, but on the other hand, it’s not going to be good if you expect too much from it because of its poor quality. But that’s just my opinion.

With that being said, I’d be very happy if those of you who intend to watch this tell me if the rest of it is good. I already have too many anime series on my list right now, but if this turns out to be better with later episodes, I might pick it up.

Also, just a fun thing I noticed in this episode. Arata was trying to call for help with the planetarium’s phone that wasn’t working, but he held his cell phone in the other hand. Hmm, logic!

Mirai Nikki ANOTHER WORLD   01   Preview 01 Mirai Nikki ANOTHER WORLD   01   Preview 02 Mirai Nikki ANOTHER WORLD   01   Preview 03
April 24, 2012 at 6:18 pm
  • April 24, 2012 at 6:40 pmDa5id

Getting pretty Higashi no Eden there, Mirai Nikki. Sugoi! Doushio?

I guess I’ll track this thing down and so I can settle my own judgement, but it doesn’t look like something I’d follow.

• April 24, 2012 at 6:41 pmThe Truth is in the Axe

Judging by screencaps, the acting may be awkward, but those expressions look pretty hilarious.

I’d watch it with friends and drinks. That’s how I watch Hana Yori Dango, and it became 10 times more good.

• April 24, 2012 at 7:40 pmDa5id

Friends AND Drinks? What DOESN’T look good after that?

• April 24, 2012 at 6:56 pmThe Moondoggie

OMG! This is bad. Please don’t let the L.Action of “Another” be like this. D:

• April 24, 2012 at 6:57 pmHutch Hutchenson

This is murder….on so many levels. All the butt hurt.

• April 24, 2012 at 7:00 pmmirai KLAC-nikki

yet really went this so likely ONORE DECADE doing for this.

ugh still wonder “next project” will be.

• April 24, 2012 at 9:26 pmSuppa Tenko

Wait so Narutaki is in this!?

You know IMO Narutaki is the most pointless antagonist to exist in anything I’ve ever watched… I’m not even sure if he is an antagonist!

• April 24, 2012 at 9:30 pmB KLAC-Gata H KLAC-Kei

no is this is all DECADE doing.

yea since series is reveal twist of paraeel world indeed & etc must been really ONORE DECADE.

or that deus & DECADE are secretly doing this mirai nikki.

• April 25, 2012 at 4:36 amgecd

you can always blame Decade for everything
      haha
      SUBARASHII!!!!

btw need review from dorama veteran here

• April 25, 2012 at 7:47 amGur-KLAC-ren Lag-KAC-ann

sure whatever yea wonder how many eps will this be?

• April 24, 2012 at 7:25 pmLitho

LOL. Why do all the Jap pretty-boys look like fish?

• April 24, 2012 at 7:30 pmThe Moondoggie

And U.S. ones look like whimps(Justin Beiber)
      Brit looks like undead sparklies(the actor who played Edward)
      Chinese looks all alike….

… Nowhere’s perfect.

• April 24, 2012 at 8:54 pmA Canadian

Justin Bieber is Canadian btw
        though that’s not something that I’m proud of…

• April 24, 2012 at 9:49 pmThe Moondoggie

You shouldn’t have mentioned it then.

*pats A Canadian’s back*

I do feel sorry for you, though.

• April 25, 2012 at 12:23 amJustinnnnnn

And U.S. ones look like whimps(Justin Beiber)

XD Epic fail is epic! Thanks for the laugh bro x)

• April 25, 2012 at 6:04 pmThe Moondoggie

@Justin

Well not everyone would like to know Beiber better. Heck I don’t even care if he’s from Antartica: his song is downright embarrasing to listen too.

• April 24, 2012 at 9:05 pmpetitorenji

It’s the flattened, elongated nose and full lips. (Which is also why they look more like girls too)

I don’t want to associate Yuno with this actress. To me, this live version doesn’t exist.

• April 26, 2012 at 2:33 amJake & Finn

Wow, racist.

• April 24, 2012 at 7:29 pmjustin

yuno needs to look more like psycho in order to fit her role !!

• April 27, 2012 at 1:43 pmAngelMercury

I can’t imagine her says Arata’s name in that sweet yet creepy way. Yuukii is a name just built for it. And I miss the pink hair, but I know that’d just be silly in live action….

• April 24, 2012 at 7:33 pmCorn

… Deus… noooooo….

• April 24, 2012 at 7:34 pmZen

Like I said, it takes a special kind of person to pull off what Hitchccok and Esuno did with Psycho and the original Mirai Nikki. Without Esuno’s touch, there’s just (next to) no way for the original’s contradictory charm to be retained- that’s assuming that you have writers that are good enough to write a compelling story in the first place, which from what I’m reading here, doesn’t seem to be the case…double-trouble for this production, it seems…

• April 24, 2012 at 7:56 pmJunglepenguin

*Looks at first 6 screenshots*

Yeah… No. Just no. But kudos to Stereo for making the effort to blog about it. It must have been tough, writing about something that looks like a silly set-up bound for failure.

• April 24, 2012 at 8:05 pmdaitro

wtf is this!?

• April 24, 2012 at 8:19 pmxephx

This makes me sad. Lame Yuno is Lame

• April 24, 2012 at 9:10 pmIntricateRadiance

The only drama I’ve fully watched and enjoyed was Bloody Monday. I guess one has to get accustomed to the acting in Japanese dramas to fully enjoy it. :)

• April 24, 2012 at 9:12 pmDororon KLAC-kun Meera-KLAC-mera

hmm yea see how few more will goes & besides how much get i don’t know ugh WHAT THE HALE i’m watching?

• April 24, 2012 at 9:22 pmtotoum

Looks like I’m the first one commenting that enjoyed this.
    I definatly preffer this Yuki,he’s actualy not a loner!He’s just a bit of an airbrain.
    As for Yuno,there’s no need for her to be creepy right away,she can get get creepier and creepier as episodes go by,the anime played up her creepyness right away more than the manga.

It’s also interesting how the phones don’t give them the future that much in advance,that should make things interesting,there’s also no talk about anyone becoming a god so I guess we won’t get anything close to a manga ending.

For anyone who’s curious the writer has worked on the live action gantz and 20th century boys movies as well as the bloody monday live action drama

• April 24, 2012 at 9:34 pmD-LaN

Hmmm… Let me watch it 1st then I will judge.
    Also, Yuno hitting ppl w/h her bat while smiling is not cree3py enough 4 u!?

Arata dad: Dead at 1st episode!? At least I didn’t stab my wife.
    Manga Yuki dad: At least I am being jerkass for a few ep. and then die.

Soooooo, will Rui be the Akise or Kohsaka??? And I think Deus look cute?

• April 24, 2012 at 9:35 pmreptilianking213

can somebody tell me where can i watch it online

• April 24, 2012 at 10:23 pmbillng

I watched it on dramacrazy

• April 25, 2012 at 5:56 pmreptilianking213

Thank you for telling about dramacrazy

• April 24, 2012 at 9:39 pmThe_Magus_Killer

Okay, Live-Action adaptations aren’t my thing, but I’ll follow the three-episode rule and see where it goes from there.

• April 24, 2012 at 9:56 pmSirMuffin

Did Yuno’s yandere levels come through in the drama?

• April 24, 2012 at 10:23 pmbillng

no they did not… very dissappointed. Yuno is your average genki girl that knows too much about the protagonist. All in all, the anime was better but meh might keep watching

• April 24, 2012 at 10:33 pmAxL

Where is the PINK HEAD?
    What is this? What is this? So different!

• April 24, 2012 at 10:40 pmBenigmatica

Thanks for blogging this drama… And you’re right, it’s different from the anime/manga!

Of course, this Live-Action Drama could be worse when they’ll encounter Sixth… Y’know, the rape backstory and attempted rape stuff that is too hot for TV.

• April 24, 2012 at 11:01 pmIcicleEdge

Is that Deus or a psychedelic Starmie?

• April 25, 2012 at 12:19 amL002

Let me guess, the reason why they can’t have Yuno or Yuki actors in live action cause
    A) No one can ever mimic Yuno’s extreme Yandere facial expressions
    B) In the perspective of Yuno, a “handsome” Japanese boy actor would never look as “cute” as Yuki
    C) They can’t find a girl who would have the same amount of STRENGTH, let alone mimic the combat abilities, of Yuno.
    D)There are plenty of girls that find Yuki’s voice and nervous reactions “cute,” where a “handsome” japanese actor wouldn’t make it sound cute, if he were try to mimic them, but CREEPY.

• April 25, 2012 at 12:29 amJustinnnnnn

Whoa, so it’s all a Chronus marketing ploy?! Damn…I’m curious though: surely a large number of Japan’s population will have that same phone, and not just 12 people…How are they going to explain that?

Total agree with @The Truth is in the Axe: These shows are most enjoyable with friends and drinks.

• April 25, 2012 at 12:39 amStereoman

It’s a limited edition. :]

• April 25, 2012 at 2:19 amSeya

Will Akise Aru be in drama?

• April 25, 2012 at 2:27 amStereoman

According to this, Rui is Akise.

• April 25, 2012 at 8:12 amD-LaN

Wow so early in the game.

So I guess they can keep the white hair due to realistic factor?? Hopefully they won’t butcher too much of Akise character….. Will be interesting to see how they play the Show Spoiler ▼

• April 25, 2012 at 3:34 amruirui

I like the Editor’s note :D HYD ftw!!!

• April 25, 2012 at 6:12 amanimefan

I watched the drama because Kikuchi Fuma from Sexy Zone is in it XD, but it actually looks really good :)

• April 25, 2012 at 7:50 amCherrie

Oooo! I didn’t know you decided to watch this =X I haven’t seen it yet, but I guess I’m less likely to now >_<
    Stereoman, have you seen Liar Game? That one was a manga to drama adaptation and I really liked it =) (although it’s pretty old now) More recently, Skip Beat! got a Taiwanese drama adapataion with Korean male leads <3 watch with me!

• April 25, 2012 at 9:53 amStereoman

I’m not watching this. I just wanted to check out the first episode and write an introduction for RC.

No, I haven’t seen Liar Game, but I’ll check it out. It must be good if you like it so much. :]

To be honest, I’m not very fond of Skip Beat!, but if you like it, I’ll give it a shot, although, the male leads don’t interest me. I’m much more interested in Kyoko!

• April 25, 2012 at 2:06 pmRay Stanz

I must not watch this, I must not watch this, I must not watch this, aww too late… This will probably waste 36 minutes of my week since I’m somehow unable to drop live drama :/

• April 25, 2012 at 11:40 pmsaviourshadow

sen it alrdy nice ep 1

• April 26, 2012 at 10:36 amHojoJoe

“I’ve never been fond of Japanese dramas because I find most of the acting very awkward.”

This speaks more to your lousy taste and poor judgment than anything else.

• May 4, 2012 at 12:14 amHobojoe

What the fuq is this shiz?

• May 4, 2012 at 2:54 amSingerOfW

I couldn’t imagine Third becoming even more… expendable, but they actually did it. Direct confrontation with him is supposed to be instant, very painful death, but Yuno manages to hold him off with just a baseball bat for, what, half an hour? And, of course, Third doesn’t kill her when she’s just lying on the floor.

I will watch more of this, but right now, it feels like a cosplay impression instead of a proper spin-off.

• July 15, 2012 at 9:52 pmIDONTNOW

this series suck this is not like the anime series is bored they talk to much :(

• July 19, 2012 at 10:29 pmWhy?

When you put Mirai Yukki in the name of any form of entertainment, it has expectations to meet.
    The drama doesn’t meet it….
    The expressions and reactions aren’t extreme enough, and “Yuno” just seems cheerful and abnormal, not obsessive and insane.
    Here’s my thoughts if you care to read.
    A drama shouldn’t be made of most manga, epsecially this one, because Mirai Nikki utilizes extreme expressions and actions that cannot be mimicked in reality.
    The actor playing Yuno cannot re-create her insane mannerisms and ruthless decisions, nor can the other actors playing the diary owners create such skilled, bloody combat scenes.

• July 19, 2012 at 10:38 pmWhy?

And I mean come on, Yuno hits 3rd in the back of the head with a baseball ball and he’s knocked out cold?
    He’s wearing bulletproof armour for goodness sakes!
    I know this wouldn’t stop the impact, but it’s just not rational.
    I’d much rather an OVA or if somehow possible a season 2, rather than this drama.
    That would be incredible.
    I have a suspicion that the news on the 29th will be about “Big Order” or this…
    “Next project” could be very misleading……..
    I really hope I’m wrong. Hopefully I am.
    Drama- Subpar in relation to Mirai Nikki.

• August 8, 2012 at 5:12 pmAzma

I’m just done watching the drama series, and I must admit… Whilst I was really disappointed by the anime, this was great. It’s not the same as the anime at all, but the characters are just so much more likeable. It’s very hard to like a story if just about none of the major characters have a remotely normal/understandable behaviour that you can identify to. This story allows this.

The one negative point I see – how the diaries are all the same (no particular functioning) and how there is relatively little fighting/strategy regarding the survival game, compared to the anime (but then again, 11 episodes, eh).

However, unlike the anime which is pretty straightforward with most surprises being expected or guessed, there’s a twist that all of a sudden makes the story much more interesting. Not spoiling ~

Anyway, if you really loved the original, you might not like Another:World because they’re really different. However, you might just as well like it if you stop expecting the anime in the drama, and see it as a new thing, a new story entirely.

There are many dramas and animes that start out good, and whose interest decreases as you watch it and it gets predictable or repetitive in a way… But Another:World is just the contrary. I started watching it seeing it as decent, but this one, it just gets better and better until the end. And then you wish you’d had more.