Acchi Kocchi – 05 »« Acchi Kocchi – 03

Acchi Kocchi   04   22 Acchi Kocchi   04   23 Acchi Kocchi   04   24
Acchi Kocchi   04   25 Acchi Kocchi   04   26 Acchi Kocchi   04   27
Acchi Kocchi   04   28 Acchi Kocchi   04   29 Acchi Kocchi   04   30
Acchi Kocchi   04   31 Acchi Kocchi   04   32 Acchi Kocchi   04   33
Acchi Kocchi   04   34 Acchi Kocchi   04   35 Acchi Kocchi   04   36
Acchi Kocchi   04   37 Acchi Kocchi   04   38 Acchi Kocchi   04   39

「つかまえたいの⇔恋のドナドナ」 (Tsukamaetaino to Koi no Donadona)
“I want to catch you ⇔ Love’s donadona”

Is it me, or does this show just keep getting better and better? Not only does it seem that things are finally in full swing but when an episode talks about having a Kick the Can competition, who expects something as ridiculous as a fake wall or special tactics in order to take the win?

Because after watching Danshi Koukousei’s hilarious version of how to spice up such a basic game last season, I was surprised how well made Acchi Kocchi’s version was — most likely from how ridiculously over-dramatized every chase scene was. And even though it was fun to watch, I particularly enjoyed how well a comedic skit managed to highlight everyone’s unique character traits. Things like Miyama’s insane amount of stamina (denseness) to Sakaki’s ability to actually be useful and not just comedic relief, it felt like we were engaging directly with the characters even when we weren’t.

Thus far, you could say every episode has had some kind of focus on a specific character and this week’s would definitely be Io. Besides his impressive performance at playing and winning Kick the Can against a mad scientist, it was ridiculous how irresponsible he was while flaunting that charm of his. Not only did he probably steal the hearts of every single girl who was watching him on television but there’s no way you could not feel bad for Tsumiki after listening to some of Io’s answers. While they may have been masked by that familiar fuwafuwa background, I was blown away by his answer to what a girl should do to get a clueless guy to recognize their feelings. To me, it felt like he was indirectly belittling all of Tsumiki’s attempts at trying to get her feelings to reach him.

While it doesn’t really matter that Io will probably never notice Tsumiki’s feeling for him since this isn’t a romantic comedy, I’m hoping that something extra cute does happen down the line. Seeing how the entire school seems to know about and supports Tsumiki’s giant crush on him, I’ll be patiently waiting for that moment to occur.

Acchi Kocchi   04   Preview 01 Acchi Kocchi   04   Preview 02 Acchi Kocchi   04   Preview 03
April 30, 2012 at 12:53 pm
  • April 30, 2012 at 1:30 pmtaiakun

Lo dodged Tsumiki! D:

• April 30, 2012 at 2:05 pmCarVac

Typo in the episode title: tsukAmaetaino.

This show’s getting better and better.

• April 30, 2012 at 2:08 pmMasterDragonKnight

If you going to kick the can, kick to the heavens!

Do the impossible and kick reason to the curb! That is the Mayoi way!

• July 9, 2012 at 10:08 pmsrghs

Io’s kick is the kick that will topple the cans!

• April 30, 2012 at 2:41 pmNhelraios

Hime is probably the only human in this show lol.

Io’s pen spinning skill is damn good.

• April 30, 2012 at 3:02 pmZen

The can-kicking was sweet and all, but my single favorite scene this episode was this. Cat-glare ftw; usually cats are used to symbolize of cuteness in anime. It isn’t often that you get to see them used to portray darker emotions, and this was a completely apt application of it too; furious felines do indeed glare ominously…menacing, yet somehow still completely adorable…

• April 30, 2012 at 3:14 pmWingZeroZXT

ever since lucky star show of this type (Animation style etc…) Make Tv simply pleasant.

• April 30, 2012 at 5:45 pmsomesilog

I agree. :D

• April 30, 2012 at 3:41 pmThe Green One

I don’t think Io is oblivious at all. He’s clearly a sadistic tease who knows exactly the effect he has on women. Lucky for the school he seems to have no interest in them seriously since he clearly could create quite a large harem if he put his mind to it. Or he’s merely trying to coax Tsumiki into being honest and spitting her feelings out before he accepts.

Or maybe he’s just a great big troll who’s in it for the lulz.

• April 30, 2012 at 5:02 pmZen

I tend to agree with you for the most part; it’s even arguable that he considers Tsumiki significantly closer to him than she seemingly perceives…

• April 30, 2012 at 5:43 pmskylion

This has been my gut feeling from the start. He obviously favors the girl. Hell, it must drive him a bit nuts being around her every day.

• April 30, 2012 at 5:06 pmLeticia

I find this series cute and funny, a good combination =)

• April 30, 2012 at 5:33 pmGenesis

i am looking forward next episode of this series more than fate/zero and hyouka
    i wonder why?

• April 30, 2012 at 10:59 pmStilts

I know, right? I mean, I haven’t started either of those other shows yet (should probably get to that…), but this one is just so fuwa fuwa and warm…

Also, that Io *swoons*

• April 30, 2012 at 6:44 pmBaby Choo Choo

I don’t know what it is about my love of side characters, but I actually find Saki to be annoyingly cute (in a good way lol) in every aspect. Don’t get me wrong, I love everyone in this show, but Saki is my #1 lol.

Also, I was convinced before, but this episode just goes to show how Io’s effect on women will forever be legendary haha.

• April 30, 2012 at 6:59 pmDorian

Its official. Io’s totally trolloving Tsukimi. There is no way, that he is that dense and then dropping that.

I can’t wait for more of this show. Ridiculously cute and fun. I love it.

• April 30, 2012 at 7:24 pmRoguespirit

I laughed so hard at the fake wall bit. It was streight out of a roadrunner cartoon. Loved it!

You’re right Io could probably have every girl in the school in his harem if he wanted but if he did we wouldn’t like him.

Also it shold be noted that various iterations of Sakaki’s version of what goes on during a rooftop confession have actually happened in anime.

And the intensive cat stare has probably just become a meme as of now.

• April 30, 2012 at 9:38 pmstarss

This show has no right to be this cute!!!!!!! OwO

• May 1, 2012 at 7:17 amThundershock81

This series is so good – why is it so good!!!

That bit with Sakaki’s roof top confession made me bust my side in laughing. The jokes in this series are timed to absolute perfection.

Comedy writing at its best.