Acchi Kocchi – 12 (END) »« Acchi Kocchi – 10

Acchi Kocchi   11   22 Acchi Kocchi   11   23 Acchi Kocchi   11   24
Acchi Kocchi   11   25 Acchi Kocchi   11   26 Acchi Kocchi   11   27
Acchi Kocchi   11   28 Acchi Kocchi   11   29 Acchi Kocchi   11   30
Acchi Kocchi   11   31 Acchi Kocchi   11   32 Acchi Kocchi   11   33
Acchi Kocchi   11   34 Acchi Kocchi   11   35 Acchi Kocchi   11   36
Acchi Kocchi   11   37 Acchi Kocchi   11   38 Acchi Kocchi   11   39

「今年もよろしく⇔もっちーげーむ」 (Kotoshimo Yorushiku to Mocchii Geemu)
“Welcoming the New Year ⇔ Mochi Game”

I think my prayers have finally been answered. Because after seasons upon seasons of two people who are destined to be with each other never actually getting together, I think Acchi Kocchi might be the saving grace that will restore my faith in not only this genre but anime itself!

Overly dramatic opening excerpts aside, I’m super excited with the direction that Acchi Kocchi seems to be heading. Since if this episode was any indication on how things might end next week, you can bet that I’m super excited. But for those of you who may have missed the blatantly obvious hint, which was followed with this scene, it should have been more than enough for your imagination to run wild. However, even with everything for a happy ending lined up and ready to go I wouldn’t be too surprised if things went south right at the last minute. Because as ecstatic as I may be, both my heart and my head are prepared for the writers to make a last minute switch.

Besides setting up what may be one of the happiest endings that a show could give to both its characters and viewers, I was glad to see that the humor that I love still manage to make it through. And even though this week’s episode was in hardcore relationship development mode, there were still things like Indiana Jones references and mosquitoes getting sniped by Io with toothpicks that managed to tickle my funny bone.

After a pre-finale as amazing as this, I’m pumped for next week’s finale. Not only does a Valentine’s Day episode sound like the perfect situation for Tsumiki to actually get her feelings across to Io but when the second half will focus on White Day (tl;dr version: Valentine’s Day in reverse, guys give things in to girls), I’m expecting Io to do the same!

Acchi Kocchi   11   Preview 01 Acchi Kocchi   11   Preview 02 Acchi Kocchi   11   Preview 03
June 26, 2012 at 1:31 am
  • June 26, 2012 at 1:50 ambelatkuro

THis show really is bad for my heart and stomach. I might not live after next episode if things really do go what we are expecting based on Io’s reaction at the end. I’m gonna go call a medic first before watching the last episode :3
    Glad I watched this show coz it’s very fun.

Aww, I kinda wanted a pic here of that part when Tsumiki took a bite out of that mochi that Io offered. That was adorable.

• June 26, 2012 at 1:52 amrite

FINALLY!!!!!!

But this is also a problem, when the both of them go out together, will there be enough material for season 2???

• June 26, 2012 at 9:17 ampuppygod

That’s actually a good question. While they used material from manga in almost totally random order, there is still quite a lot of unused chapters. Also, vol.5 of manga is going to be published within month or two, so lack of material shouldn’t be a problem. On the other hand, it looks like they might be going for anime-original ending for Io and Tsumiki. On the yet another hand, quite a lot of the jokes work as good (or sometimes even better) if you assume that Io and Tsumiki are officially couple, so…

Personally, I’d love to see both second season and relationship upgrade, but I would settle for either one.

• June 27, 2012 at 11:42 amStilts

Agreed. I wholeheartedly want the relationship upgrade. As I’ve said before (and will say many times more), there’s more to a relationship than just getting together. Plus, even when they get together I can’t imagine them moving very quickly – Io would still be dense and Tsumiki would still be tsundere, after all. That leaves plenty of time for them to keep doing these adorable little stories, and even opens up some new material to boot!

Also, STILTS WANTS ROMANTIC TSUMIKI X IO KISS GOWR!!

• June 26, 2012 at 2:14 amNeo

Since next episode is valentine episode and Io is blusshing this time. I hope it will be sweet valentine for Tsumiki and Io.

• June 26, 2012 at 2:24 amJimhawk

Best way for Acchi Kocchi to end, as heart-wrenching as it would be, is for Io to admit his feelings for Tsumiki and for them to live happily ever after… with NO second season. I love this show to death but a second season would mean one of two things: 1) Io and Tsumiki don’t end up together at the end of this season, falling into the typical cliche of the genre, or 2) they do end up together, and the second season loses most of the charm that the first had.

Still, unless the ending really is awful, this has been my favorite show of a stellar season. I’ll be sad (but also hopefully happy) to see it end.

• June 26, 2012 at 3:13 ammac65

A really well done romantic slap-stick slice-of-life series.
    I definitely want to see Tsumiki and Io together.
    The Motti Kiss scene was very funny.
    Hopefully the finale will not disappoint…

• June 26, 2012 at 4:28 amKLAC_OF_PERSONALITY

1ep left more keep watching i’m saying this is like alternate world of what if konata is a cat girl, sotic, etc & no kagami.

• June 26, 2012 at 4:42 amChaos Raiden

The series is too damn adorable.

• June 26, 2012 at 7:26 amrochichan

I was squealing towards the end of the episode! Finally, Io noticing something at least. Haha.
    It’ll be sad to see this end… I have to find a new series that I can laugh at. :(

• June 26, 2012 at 7:58 amjustin

OMG, its the legend of motti KISS !!!

• June 26, 2012 at 11:28 pmMasterDragonKnight

The legendary mochi game, in animated form. ^^

• June 26, 2012 at 9:51 amRoguespirit

No one wanted to talke about This pic? I couldn’t stop grinning. Was this how Tsumiki fantasized herself looking as?

But Mayoi’s “Nooooooooo” made the episode for me. So simple but the way she did it was so funny.

I’m all for the ramantic ending. I’m sure it’ll turn out well either way.

• June 26, 2012 at 10:04 amBladenight23

Why was this not out last week?

• June 26, 2012 at 12:42 pmTakumi

this anime is simple and for some reason I can’t take my eyes of it xD

• June 26, 2012 at 12:48 pmsanomaton

I’m pretty sure Io just caught a cold and that’s why he was feeling funny at the end… :c Because earlier in the episode they mentioned nearly half the students were down with the flu. But it would be VERY pleasantly surprising if he actually caught Tsumiki’s feelings instead of a cold! That would make me ubber happy :3

Such a good episode yet again <3

• June 26, 2012 at 4:34 pmTakaii

Remember though, he specifically stated that he felt strange because he couldn’t find the right words to describe how he felt!

-Clings on to hope-

• June 26, 2012 at 12:55 pmBenz

This anime total fill the void that K-ON left me when the series was over, now I guess I need to wait for awhile that another easy fun-fillng relaxing anime that I can just simply sit thru no matter how stress out or depressing I feel.

• June 26, 2012 at 3:24 pmaaa

Wait….So Io suddenly developed feelings for Tsukimi??

• June 27, 2012 at 2:22 amgawrshness