Fall 2012 Schedule »« Spring 2012 Schedule

Summer 2012 Schedule

Sunday Monday Tuesday Wednesday Thursday Friday Saturday
Uchuu Kyoudai
07:00 NTV, ytv, CTV (4/1)
Kingdom
Rinne no Lagrange 2
22:00 MX (7/1)
Chouyaku Hyakusin Isshu: Uta Koi
25:30 TX (7/2)
Moyashimon Returns
24:45 CX (7/5)
Dakara Boku wa, H ga Dekinai.
11:00 AT-X (7/6)
Eureka Seven Astral Ocean
25:55 MBS (4/12)
Sword Art Online
24:00 MX (7/7)
Jinrui wa Suitai Shimashita
24:00 tvk (7/1)
Kono Naka ni Hitori, Imouto ga Iru!
25:55 TBS (7/5)
26:28 MBS (7/7)
Muv-Luv Alternative: Total Eclipse
25:35 TX (7/1)
Legend: 0 0 2 2 1
1 2 2 3 2
2 2 2 2 Not covering

Hey everybody, Stilts here with a sneak peek at RandomC’s Summer 2012 blogging schedule! With the new season starting in earnest in only a few days, we thought you all might be curious about our plans, so I’m going to jump straight into it.

Like with previous seasons, this is only a tentative overview of RandomC’s plans for the new season. We’ll also be writing about the first episode of some of the other shows we’re not covering, so if something catches our interest, things might get shifted around to accommodate. This schedule will be updated to reflect any changes.

The first thing you might notice is that there aren’t as many shows airing as there were last season – there are 33 premiering or continuing, compared to the 53 in spring – and that some of us writers are covering less shows as a result. I’m joining most of the crew down at two shows, as is Guardian Enzo, while verdant, unlisted, and Stereoman are taking it easy with one show each.

That said, I’m happy to report that we are planning to cover a stunning 63% of the shows airing this season! I have no idea how that compares to other seasons, but it seems pretty high. Plus we’ll be covering more manga, delivering more special posts, and even throwing a few podcasts your way when we’re feeling especially frisky. Clearly there’s some exciting stuff going on, even with that zero by Divine’s name (we miss you, boss!).

Blogging-wise, we’re keeping it vanilla this season, so nothing new to report there. Other than that…yeah, those are our plans. I guess the only other thing to say is thank you for sticking with RandomC for another season. It’s always a treat writing for you all, reading your comments, chatting with you on IRC, and otherwise sharing in this crazy thing we call anime. Please keep taking care of us for the summer season, won’t ya?

Updates:

6/27: Zanibas decided to go ahead and pick up 3, making him the BOSS of the season. Moyashimon Returns has a blogger!
7/17: Zanibas dropped Arcana Famiglia in favor of Oda Nobuna no Yabou.
7/21: Stereoman has picked up Arcana Famiglia.

June 27, 2012 at 6:21 pm
  • June 27, 2012 at 6:26 pmKnillinux

Lots of great shows to cover this season!

I’m a little sad YuruYuri won’t be getting any love though.

• June 27, 2012 at 6:28 pmZephyr

It’ll definitely at least get a series intro though. :D

• June 28, 2012 at 7:25 pmStranger

Yuru Yuri 2 isn’t being covered???

HIRE ME.

• June 27, 2012 at 9:32 pmFireknight

Yea that too bad.I hope they pick up either Koi to Senkyo to Chocolate or Kono Naka ni Hitori, Imouto ga Iru!

• June 27, 2012 at 9:34 pmCherrie

I flipped between Kokoro Connect and KoiChoco… but I’m sure someone else might pick up KoiChoco if they like it enough =)

• June 28, 2012 at 1:06 amFireknight

That is a cute way to call it

• June 27, 2012 at 6:27 pmshamaticgrl

All I can say is my summer will be extremely pack watching every show on here ._.

• June 27, 2012 at 6:30 pmThe_Magus_Killer

It seems most of the anime that I want to watch are bunched up on either Saturdays or Sundays, just when I have to compete in weekly Yu-Gi-Oh! tournaments. So many things to do, so little time. *sigh*

• June 27, 2012 at 6:36 pmverdant

Zanibas: You’ve just activated my trap card!

• June 27, 2012 at 6:37 pmZephyr

TRAP JAMMER TIME

• June 27, 2012 at 7:01 pmThe_Magus_Killer

@verdant: I’ll be hearing that statement more often on Saturday. XD Is Zanibas a duelist as well?

The 2012 Yu-Gi-Oh! World Championship Philippines Qualifiers is going to be held on that day. It’s gonna be my version of the 4th Holy Grail War. 100+ Masters (duelists) and their Servants (decks) will fight it out for the “Holy Grail”: the chance to compete and (hopefully) win in the 2012 Yu-Gi-Oh! World Championship going to be held Japan.

• June 28, 2012 at 12:34 amBakaMochi

And I use: Mystical Space Typhoon to counter your Trap Jammer!

• June 28, 2012 at 3:26 amThe_Magus_Killer

Um, you cannot use Mystical Space Typhoon to negate Trap Jammer; by game mechanics you’re not even allowed to “chain” Mystical Space Typhoon to Trap Jammer. Mystical Space Typhoon = Spell Speed 2; Trap Jammer = Spell Speed 3. You need a card that has equal to or higher Spell Speed than Trap Jammer, for example, Dark Bribe, Solemn Judgment, or another Trap Jammer.

*practicing my rulings knowledge for the Tournament on Saturday* =)

• June 28, 2012 at 7:38 am†Croos†

@Zehpyr
        No Zephyr. That jam thing doesn’t work on Zanibas. Try this card. Its effective against Zanibas and Stereoman.

• June 28, 2012 at 7:17 am†Croos†

• June 28, 2012 at 9:34 pmMrRei

I remember those senseless cards.. you made them the whole day instead of your homework! (yes, he made more.) -_-

• June 30, 2012 at 1:30 pmD-LaN

Wat h/work?? Is it H-ka TAS??? *shoot puppy eye*

Hmmm do we need a Stereo card?

• June 27, 2012 at 6:36 pmDa5id

Not colorful enough.

So Prooof’s taking a break too? Is he still doing Bleach?

• June 27, 2012 at 6:39 pmZephyr

Yes, Prooof will continue covering Bleach. Just not taking up anything new this season.

• June 27, 2012 at 6:36 pmfirecow

why is Prooof not covering any shows again and again and again? Is he that busy with life?

• June 27, 2012 at 8:32 pmxRichard

• June 27, 2012 at 10:51 pmCroos

Try blogging long shows/manga like bleach then you might understand. :)

• July 7, 2012 at 6:06 amProoof

working full time with 2 hour daily commute and classes at the same time is not conducive to blogging, so no new shows for me

• June 27, 2012 at 6:47 pmA

Hidden due to low comment rating. Click here to see.

• June 27, 2012 at 8:41 pmskizz

Did you even read the post?

• June 27, 2012 at 6:48 pmDesi

There’s..
    THERE IS A SHOW
    ON WEDNESDAY
    *gasp*
    I’ve only been following airing shows for a year and a half, so I’ve never seen such a thing before.

• June 27, 2012 at 6:57 pmDesi

On another note,
      whenever I first look at it to when the time shows actually start premiering the shows I wan’t to watch always seem to broaden.
      18 shows I plan to follow.
      I never drop any unless I just hate them.
      Originally there were only 7 that I was planning to watch..
      OTL

• June 27, 2012 at 7:00 pmDa5id

You mean besides last (Spring) season?

• June 27, 2012 at 6:55 pmP Ko

Damn Tuesday is stacked.
    I’m gonna be hecka busy that day.

• June 27, 2012 at 6:55 pmDesi

There is also a show on Wednesday!
      WEDNESDAY!

• June 27, 2012 at 7:08 pmdance2die

Args 2 of the shows (binbogami ga & Moyashimon returns) I am going to watch are not being covered here. gosh.

• June 27, 2012 at 8:17 pm…..

YES!! It’s a bloody crime to not cover Moyashimon Returns (the only new seinen, albiet a sequel) while covering a bunch of generic shows!! C’mon now!! Be reasonable!

• June 27, 2012 at 8:22 pm…..

BTW, like Enzo below, I didn’t really watch Moyashimon during its original run and not sure if I will actually watch its sequel. BUT I’m a enthusiastic fan of seinen shows that doesn’t include brainless plots + eyes-as-big-as-fists-with-no-nose-teenage-school-moe-girls, so I’m all for any seinen show being covered and exposed to the general public.

• June 27, 2012 at 10:05 pmStilts

While I feel you’re being a bit over dramatic – one’s taste doesn’t have to be reasonable after all, being that it’s based on feeling and opinion – rest assured nonetheless! Zanibas has decided to go for the three-fer season, and will be picking up Moyashimon Returns.

• June 27, 2012 at 7:12 pmGuardian Enzo

I may just pick up one of the orphans if one of them really grabs me in a big way. I hate to see a NoitaminA show not covered, but I really didn’t love the first season of Moyashimon that much so that probably won’t be it.

Or maybe I’ll pick a certain SJ adaptation about to enter its most beloved arc. Anything’s possible…

• June 27, 2012 at 8:20 pmbelatkuro

:O
      Two words: Do. It. We’d love to see that covered here.

And as always, the schedule is pretty colorful, and it took me quite a while to match up who’s covering what :/
      Weekends are gonna be the busiest while Tuesday and Wednesday are empty, even with shows I’m carrying over. Backlog time I guess.
      Well, here’s hoping this season delivers well.

Sill makes me sad seeing that 0 in Divine’s box. And Prooof also.

• June 28, 2012 at 1:52 amBloodmoney

If any show needs more attention it’s that one. Please do it.

• June 27, 2012 at 7:37 pmUnajuuphile

So YuruYuri second season is not going to be covered? That’s a big mistake….

• June 27, 2012 at 8:02 pmStilts

It’s a bit harder to cover pure comedies as compared to shows with plot, as for comedies it really only comes down to one thing – is it funny? That’s not to say that yuruyuri doesn’t deserve the coverage anyway, it’s just that those of us who were interested in doing it have other things that took precedence.

Rest assured that we’ll throw some love out to the first episode, and who knows, maybe some of that mind changing I talked about will happen then ; )

• June 28, 2012 at 1:09 amunlisted

Stilts has a point! It’s easier to write on them early on in the season. After a few episodes in it really feels like the only thing you’re trying to address is whether it made you laugh or not.

• June 30, 2012 at 9:10 pmDingus

I hear you but if that’s the case I don’t get covering Shirokuma Cafe or Acchi Kocchi. They aren’t bad shows but there isn’t any more to write about them than there is about Yuru Yuri.

• June 27, 2012 at 7:49 pmNaYa

Awwww, nobody’s going to cover either Moyashimon or Yuruyuri? Those were the two shows I was really interested in…

• June 27, 2012 at 8:14 pmCherrie

Zanibas was actually planning to blog Moyashimon =P maybe he needs a little persuading…!

• June 28, 2012 at 12:26 pmZanibas

Just for the record, I needed no persuasion to do Moyashimon: there was just some misunderstandings that needed to be cleared up. :P

• June 27, 2012 at 8:17 pmNhelraios

Mondays and Tuesdays are gonna be such a bore. I really hope someone changes their minds and picks up YuruYuri.

• June 27, 2012 at 8:20 pmSkattack

Not covering Yuruyuri?!?!?!? Nor Oda Nobuna or chocolate or imouto ga iru. Such a shame.

• June 28, 2012 at 12:40 amBakaMochi

Some of the shows will get an introductory post at the very least, so please look forward to those! :D

• June 27, 2012 at 8:24 pmpassing

Well, whatever, the two shows I care and of course, watch, Uchuu Kyoudai and Shirokuma Cafe, are still going strong and will continue. I don’t care much about anything else.

• June 27, 2012 at 9:04 pmc2710

woots….. weekends just became more enjoyable. pretty much most of my shows are on saturday and sunday. weekdays would be bit of a bore though… on the upside, i think it’ll let me conc more on my work stuff

• June 27, 2012 at 9:48 pmZanibas

Good news everyone! I will not be dropping anything this summer! Enjoy the smooth sounds of Famiglia, Shirokuma Cafe, AND Moyashimon! ^^

I’ll be in your care ^^

• June 28, 2012 at 10:48 amkumakaori

YAY! Moyasimon >D! Thanks for picking it up Zanibas :D!

• June 27, 2012 at 10:26 pmKJacket

lol @ ever increasing number of 24:00+ shows. Guess they figure people can watch online anyways…

decent number of shows this season, unlike spring’s huge lineup. Hopefully can follow 2-3 and watch some more after they finish airing. Time to marathon some spring shows.

If each writer took two or three shows, everything could be covered. Amazing.

• June 27, 2012 at 10:48 pmricz

Sun-Mon…. Busiest day for me again
    and as usual tues-wed-thurs are my “almost” free time

• June 27, 2012 at 10:57 pmCroos

ASOBI NOT COVERING SAO!!
    Oh well, cant blame him though.
    At least Asobi watching it.

• June 27, 2012 at 11:07 pmKiseki

Tanken Driland will air on Saturday?

• June 27, 2012 at 11:43 pmzeroyuki92

Please consider Koi to Senkyo if you guys liked the initial episodes, or at least cover the few first episodes. From what I’ve heard from it’s VN and manga counterpart, it could be at least decent if adapted right.

• June 28, 2012 at 12:13 amAnonymous

No Yuri Yuri!? ಠ_ಠ

• June 28, 2012 at 12:38 amRoguespirit

Hmmm. Kinda sad that no one’s covering Oda Nobuna but I can understand it’s a lot of work. I guess I’ll just review it myself…..for myself…. I guess…

Glad to see some shows more spread throughout the week instead of mostly just the weekends. Obviously that’s when they’ll concentrate them but it’s nice to see more during weekdays. Currently almost all the shows I’m watching are on the weekend.

I miss Divine too but you guys are doing a great job. I’m looking forward to your next podcast.

• June 28, 2012 at 1:12 amfragb85

Glad to see Stilts will continue covering Lagrange. He did a good job taking over for Divine. I’ve already watched the Lagrange DVD Specials and I’m pretty excited about the coming season.

• June 28, 2012 at 10:54 amStilts

Doh…you’re making me blush! I’ll do my best!

• June 28, 2012 at 9:33 amFactor747

Why the most anime shows starts after midnight?

• June 28, 2012 at 10:39 am†Croos†

Children are already sleeping at that time.
      And if you noticed that Boku H and Estetica, which has high nudity content, are aired in the morning. Yes?
      From what I heard, AT-X is a channel where children can’t easily access.
      I hope that answer your question.

• June 28, 2012 at 10:44 amGuardian Enzo

Because, in effect, most anime are infomercials for the BD/DVDs. The studios actually pay the network to air them, and airtime is much cheaper late night/early morning.

• June 28, 2012 at 4:05 pmelmaton04

I didn’t know that. So I’m guessing the Otakus are the ones that fund the anime industry.

• June 28, 2012 at 8:07 pm†Croos†

I didn’t thought of that.
        I learned something new today.

• June 28, 2012 at 10:44 amJulio

What no Yuru Yuri?

• June 28, 2012 at 12:13 pmAluvine

Thanks for doing this, guys!

• June 28, 2012 at 1:48 pmNaiika

As usual, most of the shows I plan on watching are being covered. Thanks everyone, keep up the excellent work. I do love this site!

• June 28, 2012 at 9:46 pmXziled

seems like friday and saturday will be my anime alone time lol

now if only this season will hurry up, can’t wait 2 more days D:

• June 28, 2012 at 10:45 pmde-klac-rise

at lease mention one eps of eac new anime to check early tempt our interest.

• June 29, 2012 at 7:58 amdeadkaizoku

What are these numbers in brackets after tv station name?, e.g:(7/5)

• June 29, 2012 at 8:11 amCherrie

The premiere date of the show… in your example, the show would start on July 5th.

• June 29, 2012 at 8:11 am†Croos†

7/7 = First air on July 7
      7/8 = First air on July 8
      and
      etc.

• June 29, 2012 at 5:08 pmMetaDrow

Honestly I thought Stilts would be covering “Kono Naka ni Hitori, Imouto ga Iru!” since it looks moe, but he plans to watch it at least

• July 1, 2012 at 5:51 amNamzor

Can we get the little watch squares for each show too? I’m curious to see who watching what as well.

• July 1, 2012 at 9:30 amShiki999

Oda Nobuna no Yabou looks like a fun & romantic harem anime I am loving it,too bad no one covering it.

• July 2, 2012 at 4:07 pmbollworm

It appears that anime for the past couple years has descended deeper and deeper toward programs directed at adolescent schoolgirls with macha dilusions and effeminate asian men. The Summer 2012 line up is the deepest plunge so far. I thought the main anime viewers in asia were high schoolers or university early twenty somethings. Jormungand was the only good program this season the rest were as agonizingly predictable and appeasing as American sitcoms. What is it with all this cute cripe, there used to be a balance?

• July 7, 2012 at 2:30 amgecd

so no one covering best comedy this season : Joshiraku? :(

• July 8, 2012 at 6:55 pmPeteL

About Jinrui, I think they confused the elves and gnomes for fairies, it’s odd thing to watch a mediator with elves and her calling them faeries. Will follow or drop it depending on the entertainment value.

About Champione, She’s like Eve from Black Cat, like Noir, like [take your pick] any girl from Gunslinger, she’s more like female Vash Stampede, and so all the combination of that. Quite interesting this series. Will follow it simply for the female lead.

About Tari Tari, this is Hanasaku Iroha meets K-On, it’s refreshing, the word that most comes to mind. Will closely follow it.

About Sword Art Online, it’s got many of the Hack Sign franchise features, and then they add a Survivor Island twist, but for the most part it’s Hack Sign refashioned, not sure I’d follow this series, because for me, Hack Sign reached the pinnacle for this genre. However, Accel World brought more depth into genre, thereby creating another genre for the online world gaming anime.

• July 11, 2012 at 4:44 amKevin Yamagata

Just realized that no one is blogging Joshiraku. No love for Kumeta? :o

Also, please put Joshiraku OP and ED. Both of them are good, especially the ED. One of the best ED song in this season, at least in my opinion.

• July 19, 2012 at 7:41 amTakuma

what u dropped archana famiglia? no…im not complaining. well done!

• August 1, 2012 at 6:49 pmCiaossu

Just realized that without Divine, no one’s doing Hakuouki Reimeiroku…T_T
    The first episode wasn’t even blogged about.

• August 16, 2012 at 8:09 ammutopis