Kuroko no Basuke – 14 »« Kuroko no Basuke – 12

Kuroko no Basuke – 13

Kuroko no Basuke   13   01 Kuroko no Basuke   13   02 Kuroko no Basuke   13   03
Kuroko no Basuke   13   04 Kuroko no Basuke   13   05 Kuroko no Basuke   13   06
Kuroko no Basuke   13   07 Kuroko no Basuke   13   08 Kuroko no Basuke   13   09
Kuroko no Basuke   13   10 Kuroko no Basuke   13   11 Kuroko no Basuke   13   12
Kuroko no Basuke   13   13 Kuroko no Basuke   13   14 Kuroko no Basuke   13   15
Kuroko no Basuke   13   16 Kuroko no Basuke   13   17 Kuroko no Basuke   13   18
Kuroko no Basuke   13   19 Kuroko no Basuke   13   20 Kuroko no Basuke   13   21
Kuroko no Basuke   13   22 Kuroko no Basuke   13   23 Kuroko no Basuke   13   24
Kuroko no Basuke   13   25 Kuroko no Basuke   13   26 Kuroko no Basuke   13   27
Kuroko no Basuke   13   28 Kuroko no Basuke   13   29 Kuroko no Basuke   13   30
Kuroko no Basuke   13   31 Kuroko no Basuke   13   32 Kuroko no Basuke   13   33
Kuroko no Basuke   13   34 Kuroko no Basuke   13   35 Kuroko no Basuke   13   36
Kuroko no Basuke   13   37 Kuroko no Basuke   13   38 Kuroko no Basuke   13   39
Kuroko no Basuke   13   40 Kuroko no Basuke   13   41 Kuroko no Basuke   13   42

「信じてました」 (Shinjitemashita)
“I Believed in Him”

It’s a fake within a fake – I see Kuroko’s been watching some InceptionThose last few seconds of the game were certainly mind-blowing, and it took a couple seconds for it to register since it was a much more low-key than the end I expected to the tense Shuutoku vs. Seirin match. Kuroko’s move might seem like a deus ex machina, but I have to say I prefer this over some magical power-up on Kagami’s part – as good as he is, he’s no superhuman, and I appreciate that the show acknowledges he still has a ways to go in becoming the best player in Japan. On the other hand, if Kuroko’s maneuver in the final moments of the game are looked at more closely, it’s easy to see how much sense it makes. He’s played with Midorima through middle school so it’s no stretch to say Kuroko would know the ins and outs of how the shooter plays, just as Midorima knows how Kuroko operates (although probably not as well as Kuroko knows him); it becomes more of a mind-game then, to utilize the thought process of the other player against him. Not bad, to outwit brawn with brains.

Just like most other shounen series though, the point of KuroBasu is not the destination, but the journey and how it affects the characters. Personally, this is one of easiest shows to connect with, and this episode was no exception – both teams played a very impressive game, and while it was easy to cheer for Seirin and their win, it was just as easy to feel some sympathy for the Shuutoku players, especially after seeing the strain of having such a talented player on their team. Both Seirin and Shuutoku showcase their first-years, but the attitude towards it is quite different. We’ve already seen how flexible Seirin is – the team members respect one another and when push comes to shove, they put all their effort into the match as a team. Shuutoku however, is a completely different story. It was a little depressing to see the coach force the team around Midorima, regardless of how much practice the other members put in – it’s a strategy that’s perfectly understandable, especially if the team wants to win. But it doesn’t make it any less heart-breaking for the senior members to have their hard work wasted because of a punk that can shoot from anywhere in the court.

Ah, but I really like Midorima though, and in a moment of unprofessionalism I’ll say that angsting in the rain goes a looooooong way in garnering the sympathy of a girl. Poor Midorimacchi. Objectively though, the loss was harsh for him – like I’ve said before, this match was one of ideologies and proving oneself as worthy, which is why the defeat must have been doubly crushing for him.

That phone call he received sure was something though, and gives the introduction of two characters: Generation of Miracles member Aomine Daiki (Suwabe Junichi) and the as-of-yet-unnamed Momoi Satsuki (Orisaka Fumiko). She’s a stark contrast to Riko, and I’m pretty interested in seeing what kind of character she is. Aomine seems like another layered addition to the cast, and his laziness and lack of passion seem to represent another disturbing side of prodigies – ones who simply find no meaning in trying because nothing challenges them anymore. I can’t imagine what the team dynamics are like on that team…

I can see Aomine being a pretty good foil for Kagami though, so we’ll see how their rivalry pans out… at the swimming pool…? One thing for sure though: that chest. Finally, some fanservice-y shots to slap onto my excerpt next week!

tl;dr: @SaberMochi – Falcon Punch! Seirin takes the win, and it’s off to the pool(?!) for them in the next episode. Plus… doggy! #kurobas

Random Corner:

Full-length images: 1, 15, 21, 25, 27, 34, 37, 39.

ED1.12 Sequence

Kuroko no Basuke   ED1.12   01

ED: 「Start it right away」 by (hyadain)

Kuroko no Basuke   13   Preview 01 Kuroko no Basuke   13   Preview 02 Kuroko no Basuke   13   Preview 03

End Card

Kuroko no Basuke   13   End Card
July 1, 2012 at 4:37 am
  • July 1, 2012 at 4:49 amrazzler

i was more thrilled with the manga chapter but by far this episode has the best end card yet!!!arf!arf!

• July 1, 2012 at 6:06 ambelatkuro

Longest 3 seconds of a basketball game!
    How the hell did Midorima spout all that preaching about his shooting to Kagami? Brain Burst? Lol.
    But that 3 seconds was very intense. Kuroko believed that Midorima will do a fake because he believed that Kagami will still have one more jump in him. Who the hell do you think he is?! Kuroko rocks. Good game still Midorima(that scene of him in the rain is kinda cool, wanted to see that in the caps though :P)

And finally, I’ve been waiting for Momoi all this time. Some true female appeal that is very lacking in this show. Not that I’m sick of the males but Riko just doesn’t cut it for the female side :P Though she’s the only female shown in the show so far but still…
    And a pool episode next. My body is so ready! Expect some jelly moments from Riko with them big bangs lol.

Oh and freaking Aomine has appeared. The 3rd GoM. This will get even more intense with him around. This one’s a monster compared to the first two GoM. Looking forward to it.
    Expecting the new OP and ED next episode.

• July 1, 2012 at 1:31 pmBakaMochi

Rule #1: DO NOT POST WHEN HALF-ASLEEP lolllllll. I somehow managed to cut the last 6 caps out of my post OTL. I was like, I swear I took that rain cap and even made a full-length out of it wherediditgo Q__Q.

And yeah, welcome to the accelerated world! Maybe it was an inner monologue thing and they were all speaking telepathically?

I <3 Riko, but another girl definitely wouldn’t hurt XD Plus she’s apparently in love with Kuroko?

• July 1, 2012 at 6:07 amSinan Çevik

I don’t remember feeling this happy after a win in an anime, although I knew that they were going to to win. I was restless throughout the whole episode as well. It’s brilliantly done.

Finally we see Aomine and Momoi. It’s great to see them making a full debut in the next episode. Although Aida is the best, I have a feeling that I’ll fall in love with Momoi.

Not sure if they’ll ever animate it but I can’t wait to see Akashi who is voiced by Kamiya Hiroshi.

• July 1, 2012 at 6:54 amazula

Is it me or that husky seems very similar to Kuroko especially the eyes…

• July 1, 2012 at 1:32 pmBakaMochi

I think the next episode title is something like, “[They're] exactly the same”? I’ve been for that puppy for so long though *___*

• July 1, 2012 at 6:59 amazula

And did Kuroko just drown Oh my god someone help him! i cant imagine him being hurt! When Kagami punched him on the previous chapter i was like “You bastard how could you!”

• July 1, 2012 at 7:12 amAnca

It seems like they won’t incpude the hilariously funny post-match dinner scene with Kuroko, Kise, midorimacchi and Kagami sitting at the table over nabe. You seriously have to check it out in the manga (just this one scene).

• July 1, 2012 at 1:35 pmBakaMochi

Seriously? Oh my God… which chapter is it?! The Kise/Kagami/Kuroko combo is pretty hilarious already and adding Midorima into it would make it even better LOL

• July 2, 2012 at 2:46 amAnca

Chapter 36! It took a bit to find it. Well, maybe they’ll include the scene next episode, but the preview didn’t hint that they would.

• July 2, 2012 at 5:17 pmgrey

thanks for mentioning this! lol off to read ~

• July 1, 2012 at 10:51 amAkuamari

MIDORIMA’S FACE!!! AHAHAHAHAH XD XD XD best part of the episode for me

• July 1, 2012 at 12:28 pmEunichi

<—Yes! At last I'll be introduced in this show. Watch me next episode!

That aside, that last 3 seconds is really wrong. But if we'll take it into perspective on how long this match aired, it's pretty much understandable. The match ran for about 80 minutes (3 episodes and a half). That's anime physics or time for you.

Yes, more fan service for us boys! Satuskicchi suki desu! (Oh no, I'm starting to become Pollon… IYKWIM)

• July 1, 2012 at 12:31 pmEunichi

really wrong -> really long

Why do I always commit spelling errors? Now, I know why it’s wrong to be still awake at this time (3AM). Gotta get rid of this nocturnal me. But dogs can be nocturnal to, right? hahaha

• July 1, 2012 at 1:38 pmBakaMochi

Where have you been?! I’ve been waiting for 13 episodes for you LOL

Yeah I think Satsuki will bring plenty of fanservice next week… And I hope that just because the Shuutoku match is over they don’t just randomly kick Midorima off the cast lol. They didn’t do that with Kise so maybe they’ll make a cameo or something. At the pool.

• July 1, 2012 at 1:47 pmEunichi

Did I make you wait for a very long time? Don’t appear every now and then.

• July 1, 2012 at 1:53 pmEunichi

Oh God! Made another mistake again. There must be an edit button.

Don’t appear every now and then. -> I’ll appear …

And the second spoiler is not really one. I just forgot to add a forward slash to the second tag.

• July 1, 2012 at 12:35 pmIntricateRadiance

Kagami’s smile. Oh god. <3

This show keeps me very happy each week. :D I really am loving it.

• July 1, 2012 at 2:22 pmBakaMochi

I know, right?! He’s so cute <3

• July 1, 2012 at 1:03 pmBashira

lol did anyone notice Kagami’s jersey says “11″ on it at one point… when he’s actually #10? And you can see him and Kuroko have the same jersey in the same shot xD

• July 1, 2012 at 2:02 pmMatroid

Unbelievable! Probably one of those “easter eggs” planted by the production team.

• July 1, 2012 at 2:22 pmBakaMochi

LOL how’d they screw that up? XDD Btw there was another serious animation derp back in ep 3 – Kise shows up with the standard brown school shoes yet mysteriously switches to sneakers O:

• July 1, 2012 at 3:23 pmrochichan

Kagami’s smile!! (swoons)
    And Aomine comes in!! Can’t wait to see how this goes down!

• July 1, 2012 at 5:30 pmmainavidesu

I have an emotional rollercoaster feelings all through out the episode. How Seirin reacted after they won was priceless. (^0^)

Awesome episode even though there are some mistake in the animation, still can take it hopefully those won’t happen again. LOL

Looking forward to the 2nd opening and ending. :)

• July 1, 2012 at 8:42 pmrandom viewer

I’m really impressed with Hyuuga; he pulled off a Midorima move in his last score breaker shot. Good thing Kagami didn’t save his last jump for the last block otherwise it would have been for naught. I really enjoy how Kuroko just amazes me with his gameplay moves of turning the tides. Surprise…team work is the key to winning in basketball. Just two more characters from GOM yet to show up.

• July 2, 2012 at 5:15 pmgrey

awh, seems like that’ll be the last we’ll see of kise for awhile..?

i hope nawt. but the next episode looks awesome!

• July 5, 2012 at 12:33 amNymphetamine2791

Kuroko the hustler and player, aww yea

• July 27, 2012 at 1:24 amCitrusColors

Yeah. This is late. But I just watched this episode and I was really disappointed with the new female coming in. I mean, I LOVE this show. But I really hate that kind of fanservice. The whole big breasts shoved in peoples faces and all that stuff. I like Riko. She’s awesome and not a slut.
    I mean maybe it’s because I’m a girl and and don’t like having to watch stupid giant breasts in the faces of my favorite characters but I think it’s mostly because I liked the way the show was- without all that stupid typical fanservice. You don’t NEED a skinny stupid girl to make people enjoy the story. We already do love the story. I know it’s not I.G’s fault, but the mangaka should know better.

Well whatever, I’m still gonna watch the show because I love it. I’m just a little dissapointed, that’s all. Ranting complete.