Shirokuma Café – 19 »« Shirokuma Café – 17

Shirokuma Cafe   18   19 Shirokuma Cafe   18   20 Shirokuma Cafe   18   21
Shirokuma Cafe   18   22 Shirokuma Cafe   18   23 Shirokuma Cafe   18   24
Shirokuma Cafe   18   25 Shirokuma Cafe   18   26 Shirokuma Cafe   18   27
Shirokuma Cafe   18   28 Shirokuma Cafe   18   29 Shirokuma Cafe   18   30
Shirokuma Cafe   18   31 Shirokuma Cafe   18   32 Shirokuma Cafe   18   33
Shirokuma Cafe   18   34 Shirokuma Cafe   18   35 Shirokuma Cafe   18   36

「カフェの怪談/パンダくんの家出」 (Kafe no Kaidan/Panda-kun no Iede)
“The Café’s Ghost Stories/Panda Runs Away from Home”

So close Handa-san, you were so close…but Fukuyama Jun strikes again as a giant inadvertant troll and cockblock! Anyone who recalls the crow scene in Nichijou will share my sentiment here. If I had to choose though, I would’ve preferred a sweeter scene than a trolling one, but you can’t win them all. At least all the other animals know what a missed chance this was.

It’s great that the series has the time to give a nod to this yet-to-bud romance, which was introduced many an episode ago. It’s inevitable that they’ll close the books on this relationship as they did with Penguin, but when! I demand my SasakoxHanda to come sooner and over the course of say, more than one episode. For some strange reason, even though they aren’t the most stand-outish of characters, I want to see them interact more; every time they do interact, it’s always charming and somehow mature.

Speaking of maturity though, it looks like Panda still has some immaturity stuck in him. It’s one thing to be lazy, but to also be sad that you’re asked to help out with chores and complain you do not get your snow cone machine….on time!? Like I say in one of the alt texts, I really do wonder how old Panda actually is. If he’s old enough to get a part time job, but not learn to help around the house, then that makes for a…sad case. The inferiority complex with his cute siblings is understandable, an issue some of us deal with at any age, but everything else… :|. Panda really is a like-dislike kind of character to me. Some episodes, he’ll have that redeeming and innocent side to him, but others just highlight a little too much of his spoiled nature.

In other news, there’s a new ED out, featuring what doesn’t sound like Handa-san, but instead his much more sexily voiced VA! I think I like this ED the best of all of them so far, simply because it’s just sung so well, despite being traditional.

Next week is another Penguin-centered episode, where we finally may see some more varieties of penguins. Does this mean we’ll also see Penguin’s family make fun of him? We’ll just have to see.

ED5 Sequence

Shirokuma Cafe   ED5   01 Shirokuma Cafe   ED5   02 Shirokuma Cafe   ED5   03

ED5: 「みちのく飼育ブルース」 (Michinoku Shiiku Blues) by Wataru Hatano (羽多野 渉)
Watch the 5th ED!: Streaming ▼

Shirokuma Cafe   18   Preview 01
August 3, 2012 at 8:04 pm
  • August 4, 2012 at 9:00 ambelatkuro

I’m still not in the HandaxSasako ship and this just proves it. Handa, you’re in front of Sasako. At least man up a little. Seriously. Sasako is just too perfect for him.
    And if Rin Rin gets a hold of that pic of Mei Mei, who knows what will happen.
    First half is funnier than second but still a good episode.
    Not a fan of the new ED. The full version of the second ED though is pretty awesome.

Question: how is Llama doing overtime work? The zoo is closed that time so there’s no need to work now is he? And all he’s doing is eating grass. Then again, animals working and talking…

The lack of comments is still leaving me in despair ._.

• August 4, 2012 at 11:06 amAutumn The Cuzzy

I am LOVING that new ED song. Granted, it’s better off as a one-shot than doing it for more episodes, but I like Handa’s VA. (I’m with you Zanibas, I just love listening to the SEXY. All the SEXY… ^_^)

• August 4, 2012 at 6:34 pmrandom viewer

The ghost stories just turned out to be more jokes. They were great; I liked Llama’s story the most (lol ghost camel…a Llama that doesn’t recognize itself). And I didn’t find the second half of the episode that entertaining when in the end they just ate snow cones. I feel like just watching the eyecatch of them eating was better. http://randomc.net/image/Shirokuma%20Cafe/Shirokuma%20Cafe%20-%2018%20-%20Large%2036.jpg There goes the streak of good episodes so far.

• August 5, 2012 at 3:48 amMomogoldfish

Hatano and Shizuo just proved that enkas can be incredibly sexy.

…in other news, Shirokuma is actually Doraemon in disguise, who woulda thought!

• August 5, 2012 at 7:57 amk

I found the ghost stories part really funny

• August 5, 2012 at 8:23 amKentaiyoshimi

Despite not being a HandaxSasako fan, you kinda have to feel sorry for Handa-san, being cockblocked by a Llama, of all things.

• August 9, 2012 at 4:14 pmLuna

To be fair on Panda, he doesn’t seem old enough to get a part time job in human standards, like maybe Shirokuma is to be able to run a cafe. I can imagine since all Panda does is laze around and eat bamboo at the zoo he could easily be a kid or young teen, he is slightly smaller and whiter than Full-Time Panda and acts younger usually.