Bleach 507 – The Fire 3 »« Bleach 505 – The Fire

Bleach 506 – The Fire 2

Bleach Manga   506   01

Last time, the Shinigami had their morale restored, but it turns out that the same thing happened with the Vandenreich. When Äs Nödt, Nanana Najahkoop, and the unknown guy tried to perform a sneak attack on the captain commander, I did expect him to face some sort of difficulty considering how these guys have been wiping out the Shinigamis of Soul Society, one by one – but nope! All three of them were cremated in an instant. Not much excitement there, but it definitely shows how valuable Captain Yamamoto is, and how worthy he is of his position.

While I do think that the captain commander is strong and admirable, I can’t stop questioning why there is such a huge gap between his and his subordinates’ powers. Just a few chapters ago, we saw Soul Society on the verge of extinction, and now all of sudden, Captain Yamamoto alone has turned the tables. It’s good for Soul Society, but as a reader, I find it slightly ridiculous that the captain commander is showing off his superiority like this. But I must admit, I’m very excited to see his Bankai and how it will affect Juha Bach.

As it seems now, the captain commander’s Bankai has the ability to absorb flames. I’m going to make a wild guess and say that I assume he’s charging his weapon through this method to cause some sort of powerful blast? Whatever this Bankai will do, I think it’ll be cool like Captain Yamamoto himself, however, with the way things are going, there is no need for Ichigo to join the war. Bleach has been centering on everyone but Ichigo for so long that I feel like his importance is insignificant now. So, if Ichigo is going to have a role in this, the captain commander must lose. Otherwise, I can’t see how Ichigo will enter the picture. Therefore, I am not expecting the captain commander to win against Juha Bach, and even if he does, I think there is more to the Vandenreich than their leader. We’ll simply have to wait and see!

September 5, 2012 at 9:27 am
  • September 5, 2012 at 9:55 amRyudo

I wonder what’s going to happen with this Bankai. It won’t surprise me if Juha in the end still manages to absorb his bankai somehow.

• September 5, 2012 at 6:56 pmGekokujou

That’s what I’m thinking. Did the old man forget about their abilities to steal Bankai. I’m going to call him an idiot when he get his’ stolen too.

• September 5, 2012 at 9:56 amZen

I’m guessing that Yama-jii’s bankai, like Ichigo’s is a compression type which focuses all of his reiatsu into himself and his sword so it can be subsequently released in the form of controlled, powerful blasts with deadly precision- much like getsuga tensho (Which is why all of his flames coalesced into a little wisp on his sword when he released bankai). Lol, we’ll see if my wild guess hits the mark…in any case, I’m more interested in finding out about Bach and Yamamoto’s mutual history…

• September 5, 2012 at 10:33 amMoridin

I totally agree with you on this one. The picture makes it seem like a compression type just do to the fact there is nothing grandiose as per standard Bleach Bankai illustration. Then again how could anything be more grandiose then Ryujin Jakka itself… If anything the charred sword makes it look even more deadly then anything Yamamoto has used before, like its so powerful it doesn’t need to show off.

Also ya I’m looking for more exposition on the story last arc there was too much pointless story this time there isn’t enough, well I’ve stuck through it this long and I’m gonna finish the ride.

On a side note can we get back to Hueco Mundo to find out what happened to Urahara?

• September 5, 2012 at 1:28 pmAizen

It has the power to burn away the background.

• September 5, 2012 at 4:15 pmZen

Great, Kubo stopped trying with the story ages ago, now he’s gonna stop trying with the art too? And with a plot contrivance to justify it to the boot? °O° Bleach has hit a new low… (Jk)

• September 6, 2012 at 2:00 amTerqa

Before it was quite the opposite:
        Every time Kubo spilled ink and didn’t want to redraw the page he most likely just said “Ah screw it, that will be x’s bankai!”.

• September 6, 2012 at 12:49 pmTOP2NE1

Yamamoto’s bankai must be one of those constant-release types then?

• September 5, 2012 at 10:02 amBlackstealth

Yeah, I really wouldn’t be surprised if his bankai got stolen. Hopefully we get to see it in action before that though. His bankai should be able to get stolen.

• September 5, 2012 at 10:35 pmGekokujou

I think it would also be okay if we saw his bankai AFTER it gets stolen as well lol.

• September 5, 2012 at 10:03 amrazi

Cause three lost bankais wasnt enough…, wonder how he plans to not get his stolen…

• September 5, 2012 at 10:05 amSinTei

Captain Commander lost his Zanpktou when fighting Aizen. So this is his real strength. Really looks like compression type. Although his sword looks like a used match that has only a spark left.

• September 5, 2012 at 10:18 amestron

Would be interesting if his bankai gets stolen but causes the person to self destruct on use.

• September 5, 2012 at 10:46 amDa5id

Calling it now: Yamamoto’s death.

• September 6, 2012 at 4:12 amdefunkt_bots

Isshin for president~!!!!

• September 5, 2012 at 11:12 amNadester

The power levels (Riatsu) in Bleach are highly inconsistent. You have characters that contradict each each other too often.

• September 5, 2012 at 11:23 amtasa

I am going to be irrated if it turns out that Yamamoto’s bankia is immune to being stolen. This is the only thing that would explain why he would used bankia.

• September 5, 2012 at 11:50 amZen

Actually, going by my theory above that his bankai is a compression type like Ichigo’s, it wouldn’t surprise me at all if that happened the case. It’s entirely plausible that the Vandenreich’s bankai-stealing mechanism exploits something that stems from the way bankais are usually vast expansions of a shinigami’s power. Compression type bankais are rare- and they are the total antithesis of typical bankais in terms of how they operate, focusing power instead of diffusing it; therefore they do not possess the flaws of expansion types that expose them theft- which in turn would explain why Ichigo’s bankai can’t be stolen as well…

Of course, I’m probably completely wrong, since it seems far more likely that the unstealable nature of Ichigo’s bankai has something to do with his Hollow powers- we’ll just have to wait and see. Ah, the random ramblings of some bored dude one fine Wednesday afternoon; don’t give them too much weight…XP

• September 5, 2012 at 8:58 pmhaseo0408

I think is more likely that Ichigo´s nature as a Shinigsmi Substitute is what has interfired with the quincies attemps to steal his bankai.

• September 5, 2012 at 11:35 amSekai

I know Ikkaku loves his battles,but I never thought he’d go this far.

Anyway, I look forward to seeing how Yamamoto dies.

• September 5, 2012 at 7:00 pmGekokujou

I agree. He’s known not to butt in on a man to man fight. He didn’t do it when Yumichika got into a one on one.

• September 5, 2012 at 12:06 pmLaughingMan

Awesome chapter! Yamamoto is a total badass, lol. Also, please keep blogging Bleach Stereoman. Your blogs are actually interesting to read and are posted on time unlike Prooof’s blogs.

• September 5, 2012 at 4:06 pmKillerB

Yeah, and I don’t mean to sound like a dick about it, but Stereoman’s coverage on Bleach is a lot more interesting than Prooof’s (no hard feelings, Prooof “^__^). Not to mention, they’re always on time.

• September 5, 2012 at 12:08 pmP Ko

Meanwhile with Urahara…

• September 5, 2012 at 12:19 pmcaramel_cod

Seeing Renji get revenge against As Nodt for killing Byakuya is going to be great. They did a great job developing that inevitable ba….

…oh, nevermind. Gee, Kubo, I thought you were building up to something there.

• September 5, 2012 at 1:14 pmAizen

Next chapter:

Yamajii: WHERE’S MY BANKAI?!

BLEACH!

• September 5, 2012 at 1:15 pmAnanas

“Who’s got the biggest dick?”

• September 5, 2012 at 2:01 pmrandom viewer

Zanka no tachi = long sword of the enduring flame
    I think the Bankai be “hot” like Captain Yamamoto himself.
    Next chapter will be so much better.

• September 5, 2012 at 2:31 pmKentaiyoshimi

Well colour me surprised. I always thought Yamamoto’s bankai would be one of the last ones to be revealed. That being said, it pretty much a given that Yamamoto’s going to be taken out of the picture after this battle, through some incredibly cheesy method.

• September 5, 2012 at 4:29 pmtasa

Correct me if I am wrong but I thought that we were told in sould society that with the exception of Ichigo (the special one) bankia’s were suppose to get bigger rather then stay the same size.

• September 5, 2012 at 7:02 pmGekokujou

I think the old man has gotten senile and in his blind rage has forgotten that fact. Either that or he knows something that’ll prevent him from having his bankai stolen. If it gets stolen I’m calling him an idiot.

• September 5, 2012 at 4:53 pmjingoi

Another boring bankai name, only if Zanka no Tachi was the shikai and Ryuujin Jakka was the bankai.

• September 5, 2012 at 5:44 pmPsithief

Wild speculation here: It may just end up being the Captain Commander wins the battle, but refuses to leave soul society to win the war. He realises he must not leave because SS is so pathetically unable to defend himself without his presence. Cue the next most powerful shinigami – Ichigo. :p

• September 6, 2012 at 7:13 amSeishowmeu

At some point Zero Squad will come into this story. If Kubo leaves them out in this Final Chapter it would be #EpicFail

• September 5, 2012 at 6:53 pmLayfon

Personally I think Juha Bach looks a lot like Gold Roger from One piece here.

• September 6, 2012 at 6:12 pmLuxor

As honoring it is to Oda that Kubo designed a similar character, I’d rather you not compare Bleach to One Piece. kthnxbye

• September 5, 2012 at 9:00 pmhaseo0408

Has anyone besides me is asking himself where the hell Uryu Ishida and his father are? There is a world war with the quincies going on and no traces of them or which they would be.

• September 5, 2012 at 9:00 pmPtolemaios00

Wow! Old man Commander’s Bankai is smaller than his Shikai! Never seen THAT before…oh, wait that’s exactly how Ichigo’s Bankai is. Classic Kubo

At least he finally reveals a big card that a lot of people were waiting for. Just still waiting on Squad Zero.

• September 5, 2012 at 11:34 pmWill

“sigh” I really wish some other development happened, all it means, now that Yamamoto has unveiled his bankai, is that he is going to lose in some fashion. Cant have him go and kill the final boss of the final arc now can we? So it really just turns into the question of how is he going to lose. A depressing thought now that we finally have a lot of screen time with him.

• September 5, 2012 at 11:55 pmion62

Can’t anyone just whisper bankai in their head, so everyone would just think it’s a normal release?

• September 6, 2012 at 7:09 amSeishowmeu

It only makes sense the gap in power IS THAT HUGE! He’s been Captain Commander for over a Thousand Years for a reason. As for how large the gap is we still haven’t seen Unohana in battle in the Manga. NOT IN THE TV SERIES. We have no idea what her true battle abilities are or even her Bankai. What we do know is that [as displayed in the series] is that other Captains dare not antagonize her or upset her in any way. They always yield to her. There must be a reason. I believe her Bankai can do a terrible opposite to her Shikai. +She is after Captain Commander, one of the oldest Captains. I think when Kubo finally shows us her Bankai it may not only be eye popping.. ;-) But frightening!

• September 6, 2012 at 1:15 pmYanDaMan

Welp, last week I mentioned I was disappointed how Yamamoto went straight for the leader first instead of instant pwning a few Quincy Captains in the process. Lo and behold, I get my fish this chapter, so I’m satisfied :3

Now why the hell did he go Bankai is my question, knowing they can get stolen. Unless he’s somehow banking on the fact that his bankai type is similar to Ichigo’s which mean it cant get stolen.

As far as the power gap difference, well I mean, the captain commander’s been the leader for 1000 years, which I bet is exponentially higher than most of the current captains. He even said during the fight with Aizen that he’s been leader for 1000 years because no one has surpassed him in those 1000 years. Now we can see why.

• September 6, 2012 at 7:58 pmronri

Random musing: I just discovered a pattern here. Take Naruto, Sakura, Sasuke; Obito, Rin, Kakashi; and then Yahiko, Konan and Nagato. Notice that it’s always the short spiky-haired one of the group that fell in love with the girl (be it one-sided or not)?

• September 6, 2012 at 8:00 pmronri

Fuark. Ignore my above comment, THAT was for the Naruto chapter.

On the other hand, my thoughts about this chapter remains to be seen depending on how Kubo will handle this. I do hope that As Nodt isn’t dead, considering how that would waste any amount of potential development that could be introduced for Renji in the future.

• September 7, 2012 at 3:21 amhahaha

I wonder why the flames disappeared.

• September 7, 2012 at 6:25 amDaniel Oskarsson

Captain Yamamoto said Bankai but is that enough to trigger it? perhaps he pretended to activate Bankai to learn more about how they are stolen?
    He could just have resorbed his flames.

• September 8, 2012 at 9:18 amAzarum

Where’s Aizen when you need him? He can’t die thanks to his hougyoku anyway!

• September 10, 2012 at 10:39 amYanDaMan

You know, oddly enough, I kinda wanna see Aizen return as a good guy. For some reason I just want to see him troll of those quincies with his smirk.

• September 10, 2012 at 2:15 pmMagus

There are really only two options for next chapter. Either Yamamoto gets killed by Juha Bach, or the Vandenreich aren’t actually the top villains of this arc. If Yamamoto wins, the only thing left would be for Squad Zero and the Soul King to be the real villains.