TARI TARI – 12 »« TARI TARI – 09, 10

TARI TARI   11   19 TARI TARI   11   20 TARI TARI   11   21
TARI TARI   11   22 TARI TARI   11   23 TARI TARI   11   24
TARI TARI   11   25 TARI TARI   11   26 TARI TARI   11   27
TARI TARI   11   28 TARI TARI   11   29 TARI TARI   11   30
TARI TARI   11   31 TARI TARI   11   32 TARI TARI   11   33
TARI TARI   11   34 TARI TARI   11   35 TARI TARI   11   36

「満ちたり 欠けたり」 (Michi tari Kake tari)
“Waxing and Waning”

To say the least, this episode is one of those that could easily make or break a series. We’re finally at a point where we see the culmination of all the character development in the series, a point where we can see what this series can truly deliver now that the characters have overcome their respective traumas, and now that we’ve become emotionally invested in them as well. And the result? TARI TARI passes this test with flying colors, as this entire episode was full of the cast just feeding and bouncing off one another. There just aren’t enough words to describe how awesome the interactions were this episode, and it’s just this dynamic that separates this series from the rest of the pack. I mean, in the end, TARI TARI is just an anime, and the friendship between the cast a virtual thing. But it’s so smooth, so well done that if you just listened to how they talk to each other, you wouldn’t be able to distinguish whether it’s something from an anime or something from real life.

And it’s just sad seeing this series come to an end, but alas… it’s like that quote: “All good things must come to an end.” At the very least though, it seems like it’ll be quite an emotional ending, and one where it won’t matter whether or not I brace myself for it or not. Heck, I was getting emotional toward the end of this episode just thinking of the group singing Wakana’s song and going against the cancellation of the White Festival by forcibly hosting their own.

But in the end, I suppose that’s just a byproduct of how much impact the reveal was: that the school would ultimately be replaced by luxury condominiums due to lack of funding and enrollment. I had figured there was something bad coming, but I never anticipated anything along such lines. Maybe something like the addition of certain facilities that would kick out the need for a Choir Club or something… but shutting down the whole school… just wow. And to top it off, the fact the creators intentionally held it under wraps so long too, made it even more emotional. I mean, seeing Sawa mother and Wakana’s dad reading the notice about the school’s closure… it just made me tear up a bit. I mean, they just went through so much recently with their children and things were finally looking up. Now they have to deal with something like this, something just so much worse because it’s not something they can control. It’s just down right messed up. And I’m really hoping they pull some magic to rectify the situation, however unrealistic and idealistic that sounds… because that’s how much this series has managed to make me care.

Either way though, I just find myself having to back track a bit, because there were just some great moments this episode. There were the scenes with Wien’s modeling skills in action, Taichi’s stalking of Sawa to get some pics in exchange for art, Taichi being told never to draw again and getting owned by the art club… just priceless. And then there were the other conversations, like the one where Wakana admits that the only reason she’s continued to work so hard on her song is due to Konatsu forcing her to, which just emphasize the great dynamics between everyone. And well, I’m just out of words, quite frankly. Like they say, “a picture’s worth a thousand words”, and the episode doesn’t need much extra explaining to emphasize how good it was, and how good of a series TARI TARI is. I’m disappointed the end is coming, but it’s okay. TARI TARI’s like that bullet train you just saw for the first time. It’ll be gone before you know it, but just seeing it is infinitely better than not having glimpsed it at all, so all you can do is just sit there and enjoy it while you can.

Full-length images: 03, 06, 11.

TARI TARI   11   Preview 01 TARI TARI   11   Preview 02 TARI TARI   11   Preview 03
September 10, 2012 at 11:31 am
  • September 10, 2012 at 11:50 amKou

It was heartbreaking watching the gang work so hard know something really really bad was going to happen. The signs were there, the flags were up, we could see it coming from miles away but it doesn’t make it any less shocking to hear that the school is to be bulldozed for housing. The worst part about the whole thing was they waited until the students were full swing into festival mode before breaking the news. They could not even wait until the festival was over to start the works.

On a happier note, it was good to see Wakana not giving up on the song and despite everything still completed the song. And what good is a song if it isn’t sung? So the gang will get together and it whether officially endorsed or not and not only that but they will possibly pull the choir members in on it too. It will be good to hear the song sung in such full, bright and youthful voices.

Lastly, how good does Sawa look in this episode. Firstly with that amazing outfit and then with the dance. No wonder she is so popular.

• September 10, 2012 at 12:08 pmZephyr

You know what they say. Sawa = Best Tari Tari

• September 10, 2012 at 12:26 pmKou

They say that? I never knew.

• September 10, 2012 at 12:49 pmLin

Sawa is great, but Wakana is by far that best Tari Tari. Just look at the end of this episode. She’s the one who brings the group together now.

• September 10, 2012 at 1:09 pmZephyr

@Kou – Well, there are other opinions too, of course.

• September 10, 2012 at 5:12 pmStranger

I think Taichi fairly represents what most of us thought at Sawa’s dance. Hot diggity damn.

• September 10, 2012 at 9:55 pmc2710

I’m in agreement with you Zephyr WRT Sawa

I’d say that the top girls this season (in no order) would be – Inaban, Sawa, Wakana, Iori, Asuna and Bloody Mary

• September 10, 2012 at 9:56 pmc2710

And how can I forget the Lagrange trio

• September 10, 2012 at 10:06 pmCybersteel

Horse girl is tall.

PA Work has finally get the pacing quite ok. Let see if can continue this sort of pacing next week unlike Angel Beats! or Hanasaku Iroha.

• September 10, 2012 at 11:57 amJ-Luke

• September 10, 2012 at 1:27 pmKushieda

doing a flip like that would be neigh imposible with that jacket on. She wouldn’t get enough range of motion in the shoulders. It was still awesome and she was super cute though.

• September 10, 2012 at 2:00 pmMrRei

I wouldn’t advise wearing stockings ether.

• September 10, 2012 at 9:47 pmc2710

That’ll be a feast for the eyes

• September 10, 2012 at 1:24 pmN0216332

highlight of the ep for me was when konatsu wiped the floor with that arrogant girl. >:) i had to watch it a few times.

• September 11, 2012 at 2:19 amShouhei

That girl needs a Burn Heal

• September 10, 2012 at 2:10 pmgrey

IA, I love the dialogue in this series. It’s so realistic!

So..is this series 12 or 13 episodes?

• September 10, 2012 at 6:35 pml3reezer

Lucky 13

• September 10, 2012 at 3:05 pmEmD

That scene where Wakana is telling Konatsu how long the song will take is hilarious because Wakana is coming up with all these little lies and Wien is looking at her fondly like “No one is buying it.”

I loved that small moment.

• September 10, 2012 at 4:46 pmsolarasreign

DAT DANCE SCENE!

• September 10, 2012 at 6:28 pmrazzler

DAT SHINY FLOOR! and I can’t believe the parents would just accept the shut down of the school. in real life, the PTAs scarier and meaner

• September 10, 2012 at 6:33 pmZephyr

I think a lot of it had to do with how little time the Principal left for any kind of action eh. That’s what makes it even sadder really, because it’s just like a sudden ambush with no real ability to prepare. The guy really messed up.

• September 10, 2012 at 9:46 pmc2710

Col. Sanders needs to be marinated with 11 secret spice mix

• September 10, 2012 at 9:44 pmc2710

• September 10, 2012 at 11:21 pmKinny Riddle

Pretty much sums up the mesmerizingness that is Sawa.

• September 10, 2012 at 10:05 pmCybersteel

Better than Kokoro Connect in my opinion.

• September 10, 2012 at 10:49 pmc2710

To each his own… Though I still find KC, TT and AW to be much better than a certain Art Online

Simply because a certain Art Online took too long to reach the main show and the flow was not done nicely

• September 10, 2012 at 11:22 pmKinny Riddle

The bespectacled artist girl from Hanasaku Iroha makes a cameo appearance in this episode.

She’s even voiced by the same seiyuu Kotobuki Minako.

• September 11, 2012 at 12:05 amD-LaN

Nice catch, dude. You have good memories. Wht her role in HanaIro may I know???

• September 11, 2012 at 12:58 amKinny Riddle

Minor role she had. One of Nakochi’s classmates, IIRC.

• September 11, 2012 at 2:25 amShouhei

Wow, I’m very impressed, well done. Yeah, she was Nako’s classmate, and “coincidentally” she was also an artist in Hanairo.

• September 11, 2012 at 12:21 amD-LaN

No Konatsu arc?? But then again she doesn’t have any major problem lk Sawa/Wakana…

At this point I’ve come to like all the members of Choir and Sometimes Badminton club…. So Best TARI TARI Choir and Sometimes Badminton club??

This pretty much sums up abt the feel I felt when the reveal came….

Lastly, lol at Konatsu scrip. Now I want to see the musical….

• September 11, 2012 at 1:04 amSerapita

I think we can count the first two episodes as Konatsu arc since it showed us how she overcomes her stage fright.

And… remind me again why Wakana’s outfit is different from the others in her club? (But she has same outfit as those in choir club)

• September 11, 2012 at 5:05 amKinny Riddle

I believe the school has a specific music section which caters more towards the students’ musical education, hence the different uniforms. A bit like the different-sized ties students have in the art-oriented high school in Hidamari Sketch.

Wakana quit due to her mom’s death and applied to transfer back to the “general” section, though it seems she gets to keep her uniform.

• September 11, 2012 at 1:17 amTingster013

Damn, they never show Taichi’s drawing!!! I want to see how is his drawing, you know what they say, see it to believe it!!!

• September 11, 2012 at 11:47 amKou

It would imagine it would be some what like Chinatsu’s (of yuru yuri) drawings. One of those “once you seen it, you wish you could unsee it” kind of drawing.

• September 11, 2012 at 7:45 amblack

more of this girls is priceless
    sadly it soon come to an end

• September 11, 2012 at 12:54 pmTissue

Anyone else thinks this looks like Kirito from SAO?

• September 11, 2012 at 9:59 pmDCLXVI

And finally Tari Tari shows me that it’s really Wakana and not Konatsu who is the glue that holds the cast together. Still, though, Konatsu finally got taken seriously for once, and that’s a 5-star moment for me.

And GOD DAYYYYM, Sawa. I thought all P.A. Works could do was loli-esque, and I was satisfied with that, but here she comes and blows me away.

• September 14, 2012 at 11:18 amelmaton04

Wakana is finally turning out to be like her mother.