Bleach 516 – Power Levels Wait For Nobody »« Bleach 514 – I Am Your Father

Bleach 515 – Rage

Bleach Manga   515   01

There’s a bit of a lull in the action for now since the Vandenreich have retreated. Thanks to Yamamoto’s orders, the entire Fourth Squad has not seen any action, instead having stayed in their barracks for the duration of the battle. Interestingly enough, it seems like all the other captains and vice-captains besides the Captain Commander and his lieutenant have survived, including Byakuya and Kenpachi. I had thought for certain that Byakuya had died, but I guess this goes to prove that, unless the body is completely annihilated, no injury is truly too grievous for Bleach protagonists. There is much less damage than I had expected. Regardless of the news though, all the death and destruction has caused a lot of emotional injuries that won’t be healing anytime soon, and tensions are at an all-time high in Soul Society, even in the aftermath of the battle. Some of the captains crack, and it’s left to Kyouraku to take control, cool things down and harden their resolve again. Perhaps he will be the de facto leader now (or maybe even the new captain commander), since he is among the oldest and most experienced captains and he is also proving himself to be capable leader.

Ichigo’s friends all seem fine, though he is still left in a bit of a wary state after his zanpakutou was smashed. With no resolution to Juha’s parting words either, he’s left hanging just as much as we are; no doubt he will make it a point to get to the bottom of it. As it seems, there’s a lot about his family that he still doesn’t know, and that is information he could almost certainly get from Isshin. Speaking of cliffhangers, there is still no clue as to who the person Urahara met was. Evidently it was not an enemy though (unless he managed to beat him) since he was able to fax an update to Soul Society. Other than that, we really don’t know what’s going on his, Isshin and Ryuuken’s end. If I had to guess though, I’d say they are preparing some secret strategy or power-up for Ichigo.

November 7, 2012 at 9:21 pm
  • November 7, 2012 at 9:26 pmSana

Oh Bleach…:P

• November 8, 2012 at 5:27 amSaturo

Ah, well.. Soi Fon is still kinda hot, though.

• November 7, 2012 at 9:27 pmshinigami99

How and why the actual f*** is Byakuya alive?!?!?! C’mon…have the balls to kill off some characters Kub-oh wait…… this is Bleach-___-

• November 7, 2012 at 10:01 pmPtolemaios00

Byakuya is like the Bleach equivalent of Naruto’s Kakashi. They are not allowed to die for the sake of the fan-base. Not really forgiveable reason though…

• November 7, 2012 at 10:58 pmSortedevaras

Kubo trolls again, epic!

• November 8, 2012 at 12:55 amMixed Milkshake

Give us our sympathy and tears back!

• November 8, 2012 at 8:04 amNadester

The Gotei 13 is back to square one. With their leader gone. Oh boy.

• November 8, 2012 at 8:49 amJello

• November 8, 2012 at 6:07 pmvjott

I read a news article that a boy committed suicide because Itachi in Naruto died. Imagine if someone committed suicide when Byakuya died. I’m not exactly sure if it would be tragic (because someone killed himself) or funny (because he actually thought Kubo would kill a Good Guy).

• November 11, 2012 at 11:39 pmLaughingMan

You can thank Kubo’s fucktarded western “fanbase” for flooding his twitter page with hatemail. That and his editor must have pressured him to bring back Byakuya.

• November 7, 2012 at 9:31 pmTaylor

Kira is still dead, I believe. Kyouraku has completed his transition to Solid Snake.

• November 7, 2012 at 9:44 pmTaylor

My bad, Naked Snake/Big Boss (fittingly), eye patch is on the right side and still the same voice actor.

• November 7, 2012 at 10:15 pmhaseo0408

Well he is going to need Big Boss level of intelligence and ability to get out of this one alive. I have the feeling he might become the new Captain-Commander at the end of the series. Yama-jii always said he was the most capable of his sons.

• November 8, 2012 at 1:39 amjunglepenguin

- Epic entrance/presence at the end of the chapter
        – Pep talk to boost morale
        – Eye-patch

He IS the Captain Commander. No doubt. Kyouraku 2012! Lead the countr-err, Soul Society well!

• November 7, 2012 at 9:31 pmgawrshness

Regarding Byakuya not being dead: 1. Kubo’s editor pressured him because Byakuya is a popular character or 2. Kubo was trolling…like always.

Regarding Kenpachi being inn a critical condition I shall call bull, seriously? A fake Juha beat possibly the most resilient captain of SS to near death? Kubo what are you doing?! Kenpachi doesn’t go down! He never goes down!

• November 7, 2012 at 10:37 pmSyouke

It`s a reason for Kenpachi to wake up his Zanpaktou Ability. :)

• November 7, 2012 at 10:43 pmgawrshness

I’ll hold you to that.

• November 8, 2012 at 1:36 amDigid

That, or we’ll hopefully get to see Yachiru opening up an express-delivered crate o’ whoop-ass on the Vandenreich ^^

• November 8, 2012 at 1:42 amjunglepenguin

I’m up for both of that. Big Daddy and Little Sister!

• November 7, 2012 at 9:32 pmdimasok

Why is everyone still alive? And here I was thinking everyone was dead… way to tone down the tension Kubo..
    All I want to know is whether Aizen is still imprisoned or has escaped! He clearly seems to be affecting the course of battle! It’d be funny if Aizen turns out to be Ichigo’s brother or something..

• November 7, 2012 at 11:23 pmSortedevaras

Derp obviously Aizen created Ichigo to be the chosen one by manipulating midichlorians.

• November 8, 2012 at 8:02 amGermanguy

Well, the Captain Commander Corpse is “missing”. So he is “still” Dead. And even Orihime, needs something to “Revert Time” on it. She can not Revive the Dead from thin Air

• November 9, 2012 at 2:56 pmShin

I think Juha talked about killing then resurrecting Ichigo in a previous chapter, no ? I would not be surprised to see a quincified Yamamoto…

• November 7, 2012 at 9:42 pmKairoru

So Byakuya and Kenpachi is still alive. Now that’s a relief.

• November 7, 2012 at 10:21 pmPinnochio

Hidden due to low comment rating. Click here to see.

• November 7, 2012 at 11:14 pmDualash

He is entitled to his opinion

• November 7, 2012 at 9:45 pmichikaa

With the exception of Byakuya and Kenpachi living, the tone of this chapter was surprisingly tolerable for the most part. I enjoyed the fact that the tensions were running high amongst the captains after what I guess we’re supposed to believe was a tragic event in the history of Soul Society.

• November 7, 2012 at 9:48 pmStereoman

Even though I like Byakuya, finding out that he is still alive made things so awkward. D:
    So now that he’s in coma, will Rukia become the new captain of his squad?

• November 7, 2012 at 10:02 pmDa5id

Don’t they have a 3rd Seat to take over?

• November 8, 2012 at 8:04 amGermanguy

Let us first recover “Calm” over the battlefield. Right now even Rukia is “out of Service”. So the 3rd Seat is in Charge. Or the Remaining Captains will have some more Squads under them to Command.

• November 7, 2012 at 10:00 pmDa5id

It would suck if the only effective captain against bankai stealers (Kenpachi) was killed outright, but Byakuya should’ve just stayed dead!

Or…a spirit! It’s hard to tell how things work here. But Kira is for sure dead, right?

• November 7, 2012 at 10:37 pmExtremist

Seriously, I didn’t expect Byakuya to live. Such a disappointment.
    Kenpachi being unable to return to his duties as a Captain? I call BS on that. We still haven’t see his freaking Bankai yet. He won’t go down just like this!! I hope Kenpachi’s near death experience at least allowed him to learn the freaking name of his Zanpakutou.

Kenpachi: “Oh, it seems like while I was unconscious, my Zanpakutou spoke to me and told me its name. Now I can freaking go bankai on your arse Ichigo!!”

Ok, maybe that’s not a good idea.

Did I just see some Rukia x Ichigo moments in this chapter? I ship them~

Anyway, unrelated but is any blogger gonna blog Initial D Fifth Stage? If you’re a true man, then you would have at least watch Initial D once in your life. I will rage if anyone tells me Bleach is better than Initial D. Kids who are into mainstream these days sucks.

• November 7, 2012 at 11:58 pmAnanas

Yeah, you know Ichigo and Rukia only interact once every 50 chapters now so of course a simple conversation will turn into a special moment.

• November 8, 2012 at 8:03 amKarmafan

Rukia? LOL if anyone is gonna end up with Ichigo (and they probably won’t due to the nature of the manga) it will be Inoue.

• November 7, 2012 at 10:41 pmanon

Honestly,

I kinda expected you to use this pic.

Really liked this chapter, Komamura was great. Hope the bandages are covering his ear and he didn’t actually lose it.

• November 7, 2012 at 11:55 pmAnanas

Have a character says that Byakuya is dead every week for a month. And then he is not. Bleach.

• November 8, 2012 at 12:04 amJames Matt Warner

This chapter was quite good, I’m liking the way Bleach is going now. I’m curious about the next big 3 though!

• November 8, 2012 at 12:10 amSilivious

The next reveal for Ichigo: Zangetsu is the spirit king.
    Wut….

• November 8, 2012 at 12:17 amgsharp

I just want to rip my hair out because everybody pwr lvl is all over the place.

• November 8, 2012 at 1:07 amBryon

I hate to be the one to say it, guys, but what happened with Soul Society is their own fault for their arrogance. They thought themselves unassailable, I believe, and that basically shows how unprepared they were to fight the Vandenreich. In the end, this should be a wake-up call that some of their methods have to change if they hope to survive against the Vandenreich’s power and deal with the losses they’ve suffered…

• November 8, 2012 at 1:11 amComM3

Next couple of chapter Ichigo’s probably gonna go back and ask Isshin about his quincy mother.

• November 8, 2012 at 1:44 amjunglepenguin

Oh shit, flashback. Here we go…

• November 8, 2012 at 6:07 amMasterDragonKnight

And Kubo shall call it Turn Back the Pendulum 2!

• November 8, 2012 at 8:09 amNadester

Aizen:……. And I’ll just stay sealed here while things go according to plan.

• November 8, 2012 at 1:49 amjunglepenguin

While he’s in the business of bring people back to life, Kubo should really consider dropping Gin from the sky.

Yes, Kubo. I’ve asked for this twice, and I know you read my first request for this.

• November 8, 2012 at 8:07 amGermanguy

Well Gin joined Azien for the sake to “Change” Soul Society. i dont think so, that a “member” of Zero Squad want to do that.

• November 8, 2012 at 1:54 amfreedomapoc

kubo is gonna troll again captain commander will revive like a phoenix! :p

• November 8, 2012 at 8:09 amGermanguy

Well, we still have the “pieces” of his Zanpaktou (Sword)… And i have a feeling, that Ichigo will do a Miracle here somehow… Perhaps touching the Sword Hilt, let him hear the Spirit of the Commander?

• November 9, 2012 at 6:56 amComM3

Orihime…enough said

• November 8, 2012 at 1:58 amVivace

These are my questions.
    Who will be the next Captain-Commander? (Unohana? LOL)
    Where the hell is Yoruichi? (Another potential candidate for Captain-Commander?)

• November 8, 2012 at 8:11 amGermanguy

Well, there are 3 “Old” Captains. 1 has a Eyepatch, 1 was “Sick” a Long time, and 1 is the “Healer”

So, from “lineage” they are the oldest Captains. And the one with the “Eyepatch” has the “Calm” to Lead them in their Darkest Hour (Rage, Dead and Fear)

• November 9, 2012 at 3:01 pmShin

Kyouraku would be great, but Kubo can use a Zero Squad never-seen-before character to become Captain Commander

• November 9, 2012 at 10:01 pmCamora

I honestly think that Unohana is going to turn out to be one of those Shinigami that arrived in the soul society with Yammaji and the reason she refuses to fight is because she use to be one of those bloodthirsty killers that made up the original group

• November 8, 2012 at 3:27 amKingofConquerors

what a pusillanimous move by Kubo to keep Byakuya and Kenpachi alive like that (especially Byakuya, wtf!?)…just like one of the posters above said, perhaps Kenpachi will gain his shikai after this (all hell is gonna break loose!!can’t wait for it!!)

Kyouraku and Unohana are probably the likeliest candidates to supersede Yamamoto (is it just me or is Kubo trying to Pull a “Rider” on us pertaining to Kyouraku’s development? i think/fear he is gonna die at the end of the series/arc given the proclivity of people like him dying in anime for the sake of emotional impact….

• November 8, 2012 at 5:21 amjunglepenguin

Bankai*

• November 8, 2012 at 3:30 amKingofConquerors

btw, what do u think Mayuri is gonna do to Ichigo? (i know he bears a grudge upon Ichigo for juxtaposing him with Urahara… ) who knows what he is gonna do to his beloved Zanpakutou…

• November 8, 2012 at 6:40 amMasterDragonKnight

After Mayuri is done repairing, Zangetsu is going to be a woman. And knowing Kubo, she will have breasts the size of her head.

• November 8, 2012 at 8:12 amGermanguy

Nope

His Zanpaktou is capable of “3rd Bankai”….

Why?

Well, Ichigo has now “Quincy” Powers.

• November 8, 2012 at 3:47 amKarma

Yamamoto can’t possibly return. Even if rebirth is one of his Bankai’s abilities (reference to a Phoenix), then he wouldn’t be able to use it since Juha stole Yama’s Bankai.
    On another note, completely disappointed by Byakuya’s revival. Utterly. It was a hurting and sorrowful death and Kubo just blows it all up, making in totally meaningless!

• November 8, 2012 at 4:10 amSatyr

Byakuya has been turned into Shishkebab….HOW THE HELL DID HE SURVIVE THIS?!! this is getting ridiculous.Like i already said, Kubo seriously needs a break to get fresh ideas…

• November 8, 2012 at 4:12 amraz

so in other words, Ichigo’s a unicorn on the way to candy mountain.

• November 8, 2012 at 5:08 amLinkark

“People die if they are killed” – Shirou Emiya.

I think Kubo should pay attention to Shirou’s wise words.

• November 8, 2012 at 6:05 amMasterDragonKnight

Except everyone in Soul Society is already dead. So when you kill a dead person, they become alive.

Thus is the logic of Kubo!

• November 8, 2012 at 6:32 amjunglepenguin

Actually, they become sparkles. The stuff that makes up the buildings in Seireitei.

• November 8, 2012 at 4:21 pmtasa

Actually Bleach works on a extra step system of reincarnation. When a soul dies it’s spirit goes to earth to be born. Hence why the Quincy’s were killed since they could completely kill a soul (Hollows).

• November 8, 2012 at 6:02 amZen

…it seems like all the other captains and vice-captains besides the Captain Commander and his lieutenant have survived…

I knew that there was a high probability of this being the case from the start. Precedent indicates that Kubo loathes killing off good guys…

• November 8, 2012 at 6:08 amDorian

You know, I’m beginning to wonder after Byakuya being alive still, if its the editors making dictating what’s going on in Bleach and Kubo’s left to write it up. I mean, there’s no way Byakuya should’ve been left alive after that statement. Hell, editorial hijacking would at least make this crap half understandable.

• November 8, 2012 at 6:35 amspikerman87

So alot of the battles happened off screen, Kempachi had 4 battles off screen along with most the captains except Byakuya and Yamamoto…And Urahara’s cliffhanger that was built up the entire time was resolved offscreen? The title of the post describes how I feel now. Don’t do things offscreen!

• November 8, 2012 at 6:51 amMasterDragonKnight

I will call it now.

Ichigo is obviously going to need yet another power boost to fight Juha. This time he will get it in the form of the Hogyoku. He will strike a deal with Aizen and somehow get it implanted in his body.

Then Ichigo will become the pinnacle of existence. A human-Shinigami-Hollow-Vizard-Fullbringer-Quincy-Eldritch Abomination-Mahou Shoujo with a mullet and butterfly wings!

• November 8, 2012 at 8:15 amGermanguy

Nope, you oversee some little “possibility”

he is “official” a Quincy now. Well he has Blut Vene. Well, ishida dont have it…. But….

okay, i am talking about Ishidas Dad. He sure knows something about that. Well Ichigos Dad he Ishidas Dad know each other, and perhaps they are “long Friends”

• November 8, 2012 at 6:52 amCelecia01

What I don’t understand (apart from how we’ve just moved on from Urahara’s predicament, wtf?) is why Ichigo’s sword breaking is such a big deal. Over the course of Bleach, people’s swords break all the time:

Renji against Byakuya and Aizen (Soul Society)
    Komamura against Aizen (Fake Karakura town)
    Rukia against Aarenerio (Espada 9)
    Byakuya against Tsukishima
    Etc…

Yet when Ichigo’s breaks suddenly it appears to be the end of the world?
    Continuation issues!!
    Also, as for candidates for a new HC, I reckon Ukitake and Unohana are up there as well, consider they’ve been around for a long time too. Truthfully though, I feel nobody is stong enough to live up to the bar the previous one left behind.

• November 8, 2012 at 8:18 amGermanguy

if the Sword breaks, then the “Enemy” is to Strong. Its easy. In other Words, if he wanted to go serious (and heaved more time) Ichigo would have been dead, too.

So now “Kubo” has an excuse to show us, how Ichigo gets his next Power Up. and if the Sword display the Users “Strength”, then a New Sword will Appear (next Excuse)

• November 8, 2012 at 8:34 amkamui

• November 8, 2012 at 10:29 amspikerman87

Meanwhile with Urahara?

• November 8, 2012 at 12:57 pmYanDaMan

Wait is Kira alive too? Half his body got vaporized if I remember correctly.

Also lol @ Byakuya being alive. Though they did say he can no longer resume captain duties so he’s pretty much useless in battle now and we wont be seeing much of him in the future regardless I presume.

I’m still banking on Unohana’s bankai being able to revive people cause she’s a healer, so lol. That’d be trolling to the max on Kubo’s part.

• November 8, 2012 at 4:43 pmCrunchie

So Kubo attempted to build up all this emotion, triggering death flags everywhere for Byakuya… and he lived.

I’m forever keeping my fingers crossed Kira survived but he got chopped in half so cry. :(

• November 8, 2012 at 6:11 pmvjott

Getting chopped in half does not kill a Good Guy in Bleach.

• November 8, 2012 at 4:46 pmLK

I would also be pissed if after all this BS, Bleach still has no story. Somebody create a meme right away!

• November 8, 2012 at 6:20 pmCamora

I have two theories on the Captain Commander’s body and it being missing. The first one is that we are gonna see him all ressurected and zombie like thanks to his own zanka no tachi south that Juha now has. The other one is far less likely but ever since people survive giant holes in their chests I’m willing to throw it out there. They took the Captain Commander’s body because Uhnohana’s bankai is some gamebreaker ressurection horseshitery and they want that man to stay dead.

• November 8, 2012 at 6:33 pmnoname00cpp

I want Ukitake taichou to be the next C C .

• November 8, 2012 at 6:53 pmrandom viewer

I am glad I didn’t drop the manga yet. But I have to see Byakuya and Kenpachi to believe it.

• November 8, 2012 at 10:38 pmSilentCid

I’m not surprised they lived just like what others are saying. He won’t kill off popular characters.

• November 10, 2012 at 9:37 amAquarian DragonSlayer

I never want to bash Kubo with anything he’s done so far but this takes the cake. Byakuya has nothing left in his attack arsenal (so much to the point he just punched a hole thru his last opponent b4 the war), his character development is complete and he’s loved by many or few (personally to me Byakuya is okay), so killing him off is necessary but nooooooo lets keep him alive with the all the b.s that has happened in the previous chapter.

Also why is Rukia hurt so much? Her shikai is perfectly fine unlike her love interest Renji.

Another thing is why is Ichigo thinking so much about his mother? She’s a quincy move on. Oh but hopefully that “My Son” thing wasn’t literal cause that’s something to think about.

AND WHERE’S KISUKE?????!!!!!!