Jormungand: Perfect Order – 08 »« Jormungand: Perfect Order – 06

Jormungand: Perfect Order – 07

Jormungand Perfect Order   07   01 Jormungand Perfect Order   07   02 Jormungand Perfect Order   07   03
Jormungand Perfect Order   07   04 Jormungand Perfect Order   07   05 Jormungand Perfect Order   07   06
Jormungand Perfect Order   07   07 Jormungand Perfect Order   07   08 Jormungand Perfect Order   07   09
Jormungand Perfect Order   07   10 Jormungand Perfect Order   07   11 Jormungand Perfect Order   07   12
Jormungand Perfect Order   07   13 Jormungand Perfect Order   07   14 Jormungand Perfect Order   07   15
Jormungand Perfect Order   07   16 Jormungand Perfect Order   07   17 Jormungand Perfect Order   07   18
Jormungand Perfect Order   07   19 Jormungand Perfect Order   07   20 Jormungand Perfect Order   07   21
Jormungand Perfect Order   07   22 Jormungand Perfect Order   07   23 Jormungand Perfect Order   07   24
Jormungand Perfect Order   07   25 Jormungand Perfect Order   07   26 Jormungand Perfect Order   07   27
Jormungand Perfect Order   07   28 Jormungand Perfect Order   07   29 Jormungand Perfect Order   07   30
Jormungand Perfect Order   07   31 Jormungand Perfect Order   07   32 Jormungand Perfect Order   07   33
Jormungand Perfect Order   07   34 Jormungand Perfect Order   07   35 Jormungand Perfect Order   07   36

「Pazuzu」

Okay, I admit it. After watching that episode, I had half a thought to just not bother with this post. I mean, what the heck. How exactly are you supposed to be sane enough to write up a discussion after getting such a spectacular episode?

In any case, the limelight shifts over to William Nelson (a.k.a. Wile E. Coyote) this week… and needless to say, this episode exceeded all my expectations. But when you have a guy who’s so skilled that he uses the bombs made by others back against them, loves to destroy buildings despite the fact he’s an architecture major in a family full of em’, and intentionally shaves his head a certain way to balance out his hairstyle… guess it makes sense, heh.

Regardless, despite the fact that the episode was clearly focused on him for the most part, the episode still manages to also shed some light on the other members of the cast and how they got together. Really gotta hand it to the author… he knows how to mix and match things with the best of em. It’s hard enough properly getting through one person’s past and getting out in a way that actually makes us pay attention (and care), but not only does this series do this, it does this with multiple characters at the same time… and even utilizes real life historical events too!

The Gulf War… really brings back memories. I still remember seeing some of the combat footage on TV like it was yesterday… Can’t believe it’s already been so long since then though. Makes me feel old, but alas, that’s another story for another day. Shifting back to the series, we get some nice glances into the original meet up between Lehm, Echo, and Nelson, who make their first acquaintances during the Gulf War in 91′ (Gotta love em’ A-10 Thunderbolts!) in an operation to take down a chemical weapons factory. And well, I’d like to say that this is especially intriguing to me because of two reasons.

• First, the notion that such a thing existed in Iraq in the first place. I’m not quite sure exactly the statistics regarding chemical weapons during the Gulf War… but I’m pretty sure there wasn’t anything that actually materialized regarding this end, so it makes me wonder if this was something intentionally done as a kind of commentary on that respect. Hmm…
  • And second, I can’t help but think that the whole thing was an intentional test of Nelson’s capabilities by Lehm, as well as an intentional ploy to get him interested in doing something else other than what he was. The whole aspect about not bringing enough explosives… as well as just randomly picking him to go on the mission (as well as knowing all about him before then)… just seems too planned to be just mere coincidence to me.
  • Moving on though, perhaps the greatest thing about this episode was the great mixture of humorous events within everything. It’s something the series has been known for for awhile now… but it really made its mark this week, as I found myself laughing out loud multiple times during it all. Some of my favs below:

• Jonah putting a dent into Nelson’s whole reminiscence by dumbing it down into merely a story about how he got his haircut…
  • The whole internal monologue where Nelson fears Jonah won’t ever attend his classes again because of how crazy he gets with bombs… while Jonah’s busy thinking the opposite on the side…
  • All the bits about using the bombs made by others back on them… and especially the part where they used the Excalibur group’s President as the human bomb against them instead.
  • The need for HCLI to build an elementary school for better PR.
  • The priceless faces on the Excalibur people as they got fired by Koko.
  • The list goes on. Just hilarious moments overall, despite the brutal nature of some of em. Whole lotta laughs to say the least.

In the end, there’s just so much to talk about here. There’s the whole reference of Wile E. Coyote to an old cartoon way back when (you’ll notice the cunning and generally silent personality matches Nelson right on the dot)… the potential commentary on PMC’s via Excalibur (you’ll remember some of the controversy with Blackwater years back)… etc. etc. But now’s a good a time to stop than anywhere, lest I continue for hours. Looking forward into next week, looks like we’ll be in for a treat, as HCLI unveils their “Hek-GG” (why does it feel like the GG was inserted intentionally?) system (and presumably its true purpose too). Gonna be an action packed ride from now on to say the least.

Author’s Note: Happy Early Thanksgivin’ to ya guys who celebrate it. :D Also, apologies for releasing this slightly later than the norm, darn exams were takin’ up most of my time this week.

Jormungand Perfect Order   07   Preview 01 Jormungand Perfect Order   07   Preview 02 Jormungand Perfect Order   07   Preview 03
    November 21, 2012 at 5:49 pm
    • November 21, 2012 at 5:58 pmmac65

I burst out laughing at Jonah’s closing remark — “better not miss the language class”,
      and Wile thinking that he scared Jonah so bad that he’ll never come to his class again!

This is great story telling with a great dose of action.

Ah… Another week of waiting…

• November 21, 2012 at 6:02 pmNaYa

You know what they say… the silent geeky ones are always the most dangerous ones!
      God I love this team, everyone of them.

• November 21, 2012 at 6:13 pmEmD

Wiley with DAT GRIN

• November 21, 2012 at 7:02 pmzleihsh

May be he got that from Koko……..

• November 21, 2012 at 6:13 pmdeathtogenericshows

That Wile is… That Wile is… Watch out folks, we got a badass over here~!

Geez, I have to seriously reconsider my “strongest character poll of Jormungand”. I still say Chiquita is the strongest overall character, but Wile can blow her and Lehm together in a smoke if he sets his mind with his bombs. And I mean I knew that Wile was a badass as I already read this part in manga, but seeing it on anime was quite something else!

The dude is like a Heath Ledger Joker, in terms of twisted psychotic bouts with his sinister laughs.

• November 21, 2012 at 6:21 pmdeathtogenericshows

BTW, damn it! They CUT out Chiquita’s ONE LINE (or was it two, I forget as it’s been a while since I read the manga) in the flashback scene!! Admittedly she was more of a cameo during the flashback scene, but now we get TWO measly frame of her in this episode. ugh~~.

• November 22, 2012 at 6:19 amVivace

Negative, I just checked it, it was Lehm narrated the flashback to Jonah. Lehm was the only one who talked in the whole flashback.

• November 21, 2012 at 6:22 pmCracked1

The bit about a chemical weapons factory is plausible given the flashbacks time frame. Iraq used chemical attacks extensively during the Iran – Iraq war and on Kurdish civilians. After the Gulf War the UN destroyed most, if not all, the factories and stockpiles between ’91 and ’98.

• November 21, 2012 at 7:35 pmScruffy

You have to remember to make the distinction between the 1st and 2nd Gulf war. The 2nd was fairly bogus in terms of the ‘intelligence’ but they sure did used to have them, as the Iranians and kurds can testify.

• November 21, 2012 at 6:23 pmBear

Ah, the A-10 is the Thunderbolt II not the Thunderbird. The original was the P-47 fighter that was used in WWII for ground attack. Both could take massive punishment.

The twist with Jonah being afraid to not go to Wile’s language classes was a real laugh.

• November 21, 2012 at 6:36 pmZephyr

Oh damn, messed up there. Had it written as Thunderbolt II on my notes too. Lmaoo. Apologies.

• November 21, 2012 at 6:25 pmRenegade_Saber

Another superb episode , which reiterates and reminds me why I love Jormungand . Its like the Anime version of Lord of War, only better since Jormungand has eye candy like Koko and Valmet.

• November 21, 2012 at 6:26 pmSyouke

You forgot to mention the music they used which was “I like to Smoke it” instead of “I like to move it”. I found it hilarious.

• November 21, 2012 at 9:12 pmZephyr

Oh snap, I didn’t even notice that. Shiet.

• November 21, 2012 at 9:25 pmJHN

Uhm…..d(>.<)b

• November 21, 2012 at 11:56 pmEntrav

Loving these backstories about the characters. Next episode… Koko and Dr. Miami.

• November 22, 2012 at 2:06 amSon Gohan

Nah, I don’t think that Lehm was already recruiting men for HCLI in 1991.
      He didn’t pick Wiley at random. They needed a demolition expert, he was the best available.
      And they just couldn’t bring enough explosives between the five of them.

• November 22, 2012 at 4:19 amW.E.C

flashback showing wiley’s past from meeting with lehm to do some explosion mission during gulf days to make kaboom sink a building.

also mention that during wiley working with koko so much kaboom yea no wonder on fbi most wanted that spooked johan.

cue now koko & crew doing truck shipment riding til mercenary try to attack cue headshot, wiley’s bombs hack, & kaboom with johan really not want to skip any of wiley’s classes.

• November 22, 2012 at 4:45 amilion4o

I may be wrong, but isn’t this the same Echo, that we saw is the flashback a couple of episodes ago? The one that saved Koko and told her always to smile?

• November 22, 2012 at 6:42 amYoyo

Yep that is the same Echo from Koko’s team.

• November 22, 2012 at 7:07 amZephyr

Yup. They’re gradually sneaking him in randomly. :P

Guy was pretty awesome to say the least.

• November 22, 2012 at 6:03 amc2710

Now I’ll take my language classes seriously

• November 22, 2012 at 7:49 amFlappy

I always knew that Willie had the biggest screw loose :D

• November 22, 2012 at 7:50 amFlappy

Wiley*

• November 22, 2012 at 2:47 pmBoozerX

That smile!!!

• November 23, 2012 at 11:06 amewok40k

There is nothing that can not be achieved with a proper use of explosives….

• November 23, 2012 at 4:21 pmKaZuHiRo

Now we know why Wiley was the only blacklisted by FBI aside from Koko. He is absolutely very fear inducing.

• November 23, 2012 at 4:22 pmKaZuHiRo

blacklisted member*

• November 23, 2012 at 4:50 pmAllnighter

If Wiley was in the Btooom! anime, he’ll be the sole survivor.

• November 23, 2012 at 7:39 pmOminae

Spotted the Renault Koleos used by Excalibur PMCs and the Mercedes M-Classes used by Iraqi National Intelligence Service at the end, from what the ending is implying.

• November 24, 2012 at 2:27 amanon

Amazing episode as usual. You rarely ever hear about paramilitary contractors and their general lawlessness in the news. They’re convenient b/c they’re private and thus not accountable. Sad that you have to resort to cartoons to see this. Stories in real life are usually not happy endings, though.

• November 24, 2012 at 3:39 amanon